Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

@Christina87 Congratulations on the new addition(s) to your family.  How exciting.  It's nice hearing about a birth that isn't Duggar related in this forum.  Does he have a name yet?

BTW, I got a small jigsaw puzzle as a Christmas present.  You would love it. It's  3 different colored parakeets perched next to one another.  There's a blue one, turquoise one & yellow one. 

Hope you & @galaxychaser (and any other ailing folk) are feeling better soon.   It is hard trying to rebuild your immune system once it has been knocked down a few times. 

@Barb23 “a birth that isn’t Duggar related” LOL I love you!!! My sister suggested calling one Louie, since the parents are Lucky and Snowy, and I think that’s a great idea! I’ll probably wait until we can tell if they are boys or girls to name them! They are sooooo cute. When I go in the room, I can hear the little chicks chirping. 💕

NOT wanting to go back to work tomorrow. I hope the kids are subdued at least. It seems like usually, there is snow in the forecast the first week we go back, which makes it more bearable. No such luck this year lol!

• Love 5
On 1/4/2020 at 1:02 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I am a voracious podcast consumer. I love them! Happier with Gretchen Rubin is one of my top favorites. I used to listen to a lot of true crime, but I have backed away from that in recent years. I still listen to Crime Writers On every week to hear their reviews. Bear Brook was an excellent true crime podcast.

Bear Brook was amazing. Not just the intriguing subject matter with the crime being solved backwards over the course of decades, but the focus on a number of smart, kind people trying very hard to help others. I’m not a big true crime person, but I just loved that one. 

• Love 4

I failed my 2019 reading challenge miserably- so I’m recommitting to 36 books in 2020, 15 of these must be non fiction. My mom is giving me her kindle (she moved to audio books only), so I’m going to wipe that, register that to my account and start with a few I’ve downloaded from the library. 2018 was a good year (19 books), 2019 was a abysmal (9 books). I used to read all the time but then law school and smart phones changed that. I also like coming here because you guys talk back to me. 😁

• Love 20

I'm embarrassed too. I read so much for work, that I haven't put reading for enjoyment  as a priority in a while. 

My birthday is tomorrow and I'm planning on a nice luncheon with friends and dinner with family.  It's not as fun celebrating as when it's on a weekend for some reason.  I might take Wednesday off though. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm embarrassed too. I read so much for work, that I haven't put reading for enjoyment  as a priority in a while. 

My birthday is tomorrow and I'm planning on a nice luncheon with friends and dinner with family.  It's not as fun celebrating as when it's on a weekend for some reason.  I might take Wednesday off though. 

I say take a day off. Your Mommy worked hard enough on your birthday (assuming your gestational carrier was your Mom in the social and cultural sense)😝

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I say take a day off. Your Mommy worked hard enough on your birthday (assuming your gestational carrier was your Mom in the social and cultural sense)😝

Yeah, that's right. She tried to wait until Elvis's birthday to have me, but, I wouldn't have it. lol 

• LOL 7

Allow me a small vent of sorts. Skip once your eyes start crossing.

My son is 17 and will be graduating (we hope) at the end of May. He has a friend who we don't know well. He has regaled A-boy with some pretty horrendous stories about abuse and such from his family, but he didn't go to the same school as our son. If he had, we would have alerted the school as mandated reporters. (He graduated last year from a program aimed at at risk students while son attends the public high school.) The friend graduated from that program last May and so is not eligible for any assistance from there as it is.

The friend has always raised some red flags and hackles for me. He is always a victim, everyone is out to get him, he has proof all of these wrongs. Undoubtedly, he has many issues. Apparently, he was kicked out and ended up at a hospital (though he wouldn't tell A-boy where.) He begged A-boy to convince us to let him stay with us. And we said no because we don't know what's going on about a court date because his mom is pressing charges (and even that was like pulling teeth to get that basic info). He called A-boy tonight and spoke with us all on speakerphone saying he was being kicked out of where he was because he's gay (we knew that recently) and where he is some Christian place that won't let him stay. And he can't not have an address because he'll be arrested. Which...again, red flags. A-boy was very quiet (as usual) and when he spoke it was to try to calm his friend down and point him in a better direction. We tried to find some safe home housing information quickly, but he wouldn't take it. (Again, red flag). He didn't have a phone (which, you're using a phone) and it's his dad's phone and his dad was going to take him to the homeless shelter and he's going to jail and he'll die in jail. 

And we stayed firm, he wasn't coming to our house. We've been having work done in the house as we are preparing to move (sob!!!) in the summer. In fact, we are leaving the kids alone over the weekend while Mr. Toast and I do some house hunting/learn about new builds. I really don't want him in my house when we are not home and I know that it will not be just one day. My daughter has anxiety issues that we've gotten her help for and I really didn't want her be around that. A-boy understands and feels bad but is not angry at us about it. Even so, I feel bad. I'd like to be a safe place for someone in need, but there are so many issues with this and I have a strong feeling a lot is being withheld. But still, he's a young person who has had a difficult time and feels hopeless and a door was closed in his face.

It's been a lot. Yeah. Just needed to vent a little. Thanks for the space.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, frenchtoast said:

My son is 17 and will be graduating (we hope) at the end of May. He has a friend who we don't know well. He has regaled A-boy with some pretty horrendous stories about abuse and such from his family, but he didn't go to the same school as our son. If he had, we would have alerted the school as mandated reporters. (He graduated last year from a program aimed at at risk students while son attends the public high school.) The friend graduated from that program last May and so is not eligible for any assistance from there as it is.

The friend has always raised some red flags and hackles for me. He is always a victim, everyone is out to get him, he has proof all of these wrongs. Undoubtedly, he has many issues. Apparently, he was kicked out and ended up at a hospital (though he wouldn't tell A-boy where.) He begged A-boy to convince us to let him stay with us. And we said no because we don't know what's going on about a court date because his mom is pressing charges (and even that was like pulling teeth to get that basic info). He called A-boy tonight and spoke with us all on speakerphone saying he was being kicked out of where he was because he's gay (we knew that recently) and where he is some Christian place that won't let him stay. And he can't not have an address because he'll be arrested. Which...again, red flags. A-boy was very quiet (as usual) and when he spoke it was to try to calm his friend down and point him in a better direction. We tried to find some safe home housing information quickly, but he wouldn't take it. (Again, red flag). He didn't have a phone (which, you're using a phone) and it's his dad's phone and his dad was going to take him to the homeless shelter and he's going to jail and he'll die in jail. 

And we stayed firm, he wasn't coming to our house. We've been having work done in the house as we are preparing to move (sob!!!) in the summer. In fact, we are leaving the kids alone over the weekend while Mr. Toast and I do some house hunting/learn about new builds. I really don't want him in my house when we are not home and I know that it will not be just one day. My daughter has anxiety issues that we've gotten her help for and I really didn't want her be around that. A-boy understands and feels bad but is not angry at us about it. Even so, I feel bad. I'd like to be a safe place for someone in need, but there are so many issues with this and I have a strong feeling a lot is being withheld. But still, he's a young person who has had a difficult time and feels hopeless and a door was closed in his face.

I think you are doing the right thing. Mother pressing charges is a huge red flag. You are not leaving him to fend for himself, you are trying to help him find housing. Just because you’re not doing what he is trying to manipulate you to do doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

My mother has major mental health issues, and I know it can be hard to have the boundary with what you are comfortable doing be at odds with what you think you should do.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, frenchtoast said:

You did the right thing. If your daughter is struggling with anxiety, the last thing she needs is an unstable presence brought into the house. The mother pressing charges is a major indicator this kid isn't the innocent victim he's making himself out to be. Usually when a parent gets to that point it's because there's a lengthy history of combative behavior. Always trust your instincts.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I failed my 2019 reading challenge miserably- so I’m recommitting to 36 books in 2020, 15 of these must be non fiction. My mom is giving me her kindle (she moved to audio books only), so I’m going to wipe that, register that to my account and start with a few I’ve downloaded from the library. 2018 was a good year (19 books), 2019 was a abysmal (9 books). I used to read all the time but then law school and smart phones changed that. I also like coming here because you guys talk back to me. 😁

Ugh I basically don’t read anymore. After reading probably one book a year for many years, my goal last year was to read one book a month. I read two books. Two. We even moved and, like the Rods, there was a six week lag between our old house closed and when our new house closed. During that time, while we were living out of two suitcases and crashing on couches, I was giddy with the thought that I would check out books from the library as soon as I had a permanent address again. And sure enough, I did check out two books six months ago. I read about 50 pages of the first (Brene Brown) and about 10 pages of the second (Gretchen Rubin), and I haven’t done a damn thing with either book. I liked both, it’s not a matter of not liking the book and abandoning it. I haven’t renewed them with the library. I even took one with me today while I waited for the school bus and I didn’t even pop it open.

As previously mentioned I am a voracious podcast consumer, and I have the Feedly app and read probably 15 articles a day on a wide variety of subjects, so it’s not like I’m not exposing myself to new information. But it bothers me that I am no longer a Reader. I have even started calling myself a Reader in hopes my behavior will follow my sense of identity. And yet, here I am, posting on a snark forum instead of anything else I had planned on doing.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Ugh I basically don’t read anymore. After reading probably one book a year for many years, my goal last year was to read one book a month. I read two books. Two. We even moved and, like the Rods, there was a six week lag between our old house closed and when our new house closed. During that time, while we were living out of two suitcases and crashing on couches, I was giddy with the thought that I would check out books from the library as soon as I had a permanent address again. And sure enough, I did check out two books six months ago. I read about 50 pages of the first (Brene Brown) and about 10 pages of the second (Gretchen Rubin), and I haven’t done a damn thing with either book. I liked both, it’s not a matter of not liking the book and abandoning it. I haven’t renewed them with the library. I even took one with me today while I waited for the school bus and I didn’t even pop it open.

As previously mentioned I am a voracious podcast consumer, and I have the Feedly app and read probably 15 articles a day on a wide variety of subjects, so it’s not like I’m not exposing myself to new information. But it bothers me that I am no longer a Reader. I have even started calling myself a Reader in hopes my behavior will follow my sense of identity. And yet, here I am, posting on a snark forum instead of anything else I had planned on doing.

I am just carving out specific time to read.  That’s the only way it’s going to get done.

I am going to read the second and forth saturdays of the month (I have to watch my sister those Saturdays) and I am going to spend 2 lunch breaks during the work week reading. For me once I get into a book I’m fine, but I need to start- I do like to know what happens next. 

• Love 6

I read a lot. I’ll read two books a week for a few weeks and then take a month off. I think it’s about finding a manageable pace. Sometimes I’m just too busy or distracted with life to carve out the time to sit and read, but I must say when I do the cats are very happy to sit (sleep) and keep me company. I have a good book on the living room table just waiting for me. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am just carving out specific time to read.  That’s the only way it’s going to get done.

I am going to read the second and forth saturdays of the month (I have to watch my sister those Saturdays) and I am going to spend 2 lunch breaks during the work week reading. For me once I get into a book I’m fine, but I need to start- I do like to know what happens next. 

Since the late 90s,  I have had a 100 pages from any source a day goal.  We still have magazine subscriptions like BBC History,  The Week,  Atlantic, as well as reading a real newspaper every day.  We both have rather eclectic news feeds which we share.  But the rest is mostly fiction.  I often purchase selected books with local themes or authors.  I do make my goal most days and I do not include forum posts in my page count.😉  Too easy.

• Love 9

I don't read as much as I used to, but I have been averaging about 30-35 books a year the past few years. I used to read a lot more, but grad school (and working at jobs that require reading manuscripts) kind of broke me. LOL I read before bed and try to make a point of reading at least a chapter. If it's a good book, I will sometimes get rather lost in it before realizing I really need to get some sleep. 😉 

I have tried to do reading challenges, and they make me really rebellious. I tend to binge-read on topics, and once my interests have shifted, I can't really make myself keep reading or force myself to read something else. 

• Love 6

When I was working, I read like two books a week. Now that I am no longer working, I go through 0.5-1 books/day so at least three to four per week. I love it. My sister does not read at all and I always wonder that we are related.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/1/2020 at 1:05 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

I bought a sleep number mattress years ago. It was $600.00 and the store had lay- a -way. I wish I had an adjustable frame but they cost to much. It was the best $600.00 I have spent.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:55 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone have any tips on matresses? I want a hybrid that will work on an adjustible bed. Lucid has a nice looking hybrid 12 inch.  Good prices but no where to go sample them.

The new issue of Consumer Reports has a large write-up on inexpensive mattresses.  Amazon Basics scored well.  It is a good article.

@crazycatlady58, I'm not too sure how you ended up in my quote.  Sometimes this site seems to have a mind of its own!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, Sunnybebe. 🎉🎂

• Love 4

@frenchtoast, I agree with the others that you did the right thing saying that the boy cannot stay at your house. ESPECIALLY when you won’t be home. If he really wanted help he would accept your offer to find safe lodging for him. You need to know much more about the real story of his history before inviting him to your home.

Good luck on your house search!

• Love 9

Oh and I totally agree that kid sounds like a nightmare, @frenchtoast. I think you went above and beyond in trying to steer him toward safe housing options, and I'm glad that your son isn't mad at you for putting your foot down over the situation. I'd venture to say even if he's too loyal to admit it, he knows his friend is a handful and a pain in the ass.  

• Love 10

Thanks to you all for the BIRTHDAY WISHES!  I've already gotten several texts from friends, a card and 2 gifts! PLUS, posts from you all!   lol  It's supposed to pour down rain, but, I won't let it dampen my spirits today.  😊 (Keeping it sunny!)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10

Happy birthday, SunnyBeBe!

FrenchToast, you absolutely did the right thing. I'm glad your son understands why, too. Sometimes you have to trust your gut in situations like this and letting this kid into your home was an invitation for trouble.

• Love 6

Happy Birthday, SunnyBeBe!  Glad you are having a nice day despite the rain.  

Re the topic of books, I started last year keeping a journal of the books I read and this year I received an official journal to keep.  So far I've read 2 books this year. I think if I was having trouble getting back into reading, I'd get a free month of audible and see if that helped!  I've been thinking of getting audible anyway.

FrenchToast, I'm on board with those who think you handled the situation correctly. It really doesn't sound like you know enough to intervene.

Edited by BetyBee
Hit submit before I was finished!
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

If you really wanted to get back into reading, I would recommend nonfiction audiobooks since you are into podcasts.  Depending on what podcasts you like, there is usually an audiobook that pairs well.  You might also like either essay collections or short story collections.  Look for books that can be digested in chunks instead of having to read all the way through.  

Or, listen to book podcasts to get you interested enough in a particular book or genre to get you reading.  I started listening to a romance podcast last year and I read a lot more romances in 2019 because of it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm more of a nonfiction person myself.   As soon as I get my house renovations finished, I'm going to renew my reading. (Just discovered a leak yesterday, so, roof repair or replacement needed. Man....does it ever end? I'm putting it out of my mind until I'm back from my trip next week though.  My brother is tending to it for now.)  It's supposed to be 81, 82 and 83 this weekend in the Keys!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8

I always had a library book going, mostly fiction.  But in the summer of 2015, I retired and I bought a tablet and I discovered this forum.  Plus Free Jinger forums, plus YouTube mamadrama forum.  It's all I can do to keep up with the Duggars, the Rod's, the Maxwells, the Mills, the Tribe of Many, and the horrid Lori Alexander!  I'm rarely caught up and have little time for my previously loved novels!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I always had a library book going, mostly fiction.  But in the summer of 2015, I retired and I bought a tablet and I discovered this forum.  Plus Free Jinger forums, plus YouTube mamadrama forum.  It's all I can do to keep up with the Duggars, the Rod's, the Maxwells, the Mills, the Tribe of Many, and the horrid Lori Alexander!  I'm rarely caught up and have little time for my previously loved novels!

Yeah, I have kept up with a lot of reality cast members too, but I think I'm going to give some of that up. I'm considering giving up TLC and Bravo. I'm getting into Amazon prime and HBO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

as for reading - it is one of my passions. i used to read A TON! then, lately, things have slowed down for me as far as books. i too have magazine subscriptions, gave up the newspaper (it was redundant and full of ads) and read a lot online. one trick i had when my kids were small: i keep a book in the bathroom and my rule was i must finish a chapter before i can exit. might be TMI, but when you are a single mom of 4 kids and working, the only private quiet place is the bathroom...and not always even that.

i just ordered and received today 3 new biographical books on polygamist families. one of my young friends  has a podcast and she interviewed anna labaron, daughter of a 'notorious polygamist and murder'. it was super interesting. so i ordered her book a well as two others. cant wait to start tonight!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, zoomama said:

as for reading - it is one of my passions. i used to read A TON! then, lately, things have slowed down for me as far as books. i too have magazine subscriptions, gave up the newspaper (it was redundant and full of ads) and read a lot online. one trick i had when my kids were small: i keep a book in the bathroom and my rule was i must finish a chapter before i can exit. might be TMI, but when you are a single mom of 4 kids and working, the only private quiet place is the bathroom...and not always even that.

i just ordered and received today 3 new biographical books on polygamist families. one of my young friends  has a podcast and she interviewed anna labaron, daughter of a 'notorious polygamist and murder'. it was super interesting. so i ordered her book a well as two others. cant wait to start tonight!

Ha, same here!  I always have s bathroom book going for when I need some alone time from the kids, and while toothbrushing!  I get quite a few pages read that way!  

Which polygamy books are they?  I find it an interesting topic.  

• Love 3

16 minutes ago, zoomama said:

Like @awaken, I would also be interested in the titles of the polygamy books. I've read some articles on the LeBarons, and they're an interesting bunch. I've also been on a Mormon history kick in recent months but more 19th century. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2

I have a mouse in my house!

What is up with these squatters lately?? Between the pigeon who made a nest at my back door (they are gone finally) and now a MOUSE 🤬

Last night I heard a noise and just thought I hadn’t stacked my packages of organic ramen noodles in a secure way  I woke up this morning and my intended lunch (the noodle package) was eaten clean though, devoured! And the other packages nibbled at (of course I threw it all away). I need to pitch my potatoes and onions that were sitting on the counter in their basket.

I called the exterminator back (Friday afternoon she will be here) and put a cotton ball soaked with peppermint oil behind the stove, under the sink and in the closet where my AC unit is. (Which was recommended to me by her last month).

I have THREE cats, granted Mr Norris is crazy old, but Blake and Charlie should be on top of this. 

Im so annoyed that I have to pitch my potatoes. Let me do that. 

After exploring the property I think it may have come in through the furnace in the basement, my Mom is doing the tried and true thing and getting moth balls (Which she trusts more than the exterminator). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Ha, same here!  I always have s bathroom book going for when I need some alone time from the kids, and while toothbrushing!  I get quite a few pages read that way!  

Which polygamy books are they?  I find it an interesting topic.  

53 minutes ago, Zella said:

Like @awaken, I would also be interested in the titles of the polygamy books. I've read some articles on the LeBarons, and they're an interesting bunch. I've also been on a Mormon history kick in recent months but more 19th century. LOL 

so i got the following:

the polygamists daughter by anna labaron

the sound of the gravel by ruth wariner

the witness wore red by rebecca musser

i orderd them on amazon and paid about $40 total -- didnt want to go to the library.

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

What is up with these squatters lately?? Between the pigeon who made a nest at my back door (they are gone finally) and now a MOUSE 🤬

Do you need to borrow the Mindthinkr kitties? They are stealth and would like to get out of coyote territory to do what they think that they were born to do. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I doubt the mouse touched your onions/potatoes. Plus you peel them. I wouldn’t throw them out. 
mmm ramen haven’t eaten any in a year plus. Too much salt. 

Im surprised your cats didn’t kill the mouse. 

@Scarlett45

Thanks! I’m hoping the cats do kill it but I’m not waiting on that. I don’t peel my potatoes though. My other food is in sealed canisters or the fridge. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have a mouse in my house!

Last night I heard a noise and just thought I hadn’t stacked my packages of organic ramen noodles in a secure way  I woke up this morning and my intended lunch (the noodle package) was eaten clean though, devoured! And the other packages nibbled at (of course I threw it all away). I need to pitch my potatoes and onions that were sitting on the counter in their basket.

I called the exterminator back (Friday afternoon she will be here) and put a cotton ball soaked with peppermint oil behind the stove, under the sink and in the closet where my AC unit is. (Which was recommended to me by her last month).

I have THREE cats, granted Mr Norris is crazy old, but Blake and Charlie should be on top of this. 

Im so annoyed that I have to pitch my potatoes. Let me do that. 

After exploring the property I think it may have come in through the furnace in the basement, my Mom is doing the tried and true thing and getting moth balls (Which she trusts more than the exterminator). 

Not fun. A long time ago we moved to a new house in a new subdivision with our 4 cats. There was a mouse in the outside storage room. We brought the cat who we thought was the “best and brightest” in there and when the mouse ran across his foot he was shocked and no instinct kicked in. Did same with other 3 and same thing. We think they were trying to say “look! It’s a mouse! Do something!”

• LOL 14

@Scarlett45, it must be the time of year or something! 

Our cat caught a mouse about 6 months ago when the weather got really hot. We got him to release it into a bowl and then we released it in the yard far away from the house (he doesn't kill them, he catches them and then sits there because he doesn't know what to do). I bought a bunch of those plug in things that are supposed to emit a sound they don't like, and we didn't have a problem again.

Until yesterday AND today! We've seen no droppings, and literally nothing in our cupboards has been chewed. But the dang cats caught a mouse yesterday morning and then again this morning! We have 2 cats! Both are all over the mouse once they hear/see/smell it! You'd think the stupid mice would smell the predators and stay out of the house! 

We're calling an exterminator as soon as they open this morning. I'm so annoyed and grossed out by this 🤢 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

We're calling an exterminator as soon as they open this morning. I'm so annoyed and grossed out by this 🤢 

Me too! I know it’s the time of year for mice in Chicago-land. I get they are just trying to get warm, but NO. Please get out of my space. 

I was spraying everything down with vinegar and Lysol (depending on the surface). 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Me too! I know it’s the time of year for mice in Chicago-land. I get they are just trying to get warm, but NO. Please get out of my space. 

I'm in Iowa so it must be that time in the midwest! 

@Marshmallow Mollie, I'll try steel wool in the meantime. We think they may be coming in from under the dishwasher (maybe a pipe back there?). 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

I'm in Iowa so it must be that time in the midwest! 

@Marshmallow Mollie, I'll try steel wool in the meantime. We think they may be coming in from under the dishwasher (maybe a pipe back there?). 

I think they may be getting in through the basement- the dryer vent. But I’m not sure. 

• Love 3

Mice. Pffft, those are nothing. RATS, y'all. I had rats (multiple) in my attic last spring. Nothing worked except for those old, spring action traps that snap their necks. I had to go up in the attic twice to remove rat corpses and it was so gross (and yes, I complained loudly the entire time and the dog was concerned).

The Terminix man and I finally figured out they were getting on the roof by way of an overgrown tree branch and coming in through a hole in the garage ceiling. Everything is trimmed back and sealed up now and I have a new owl neighbor living in a pecan tree in my backyard, so I'm hopeful the infestation is over.

• Love 10

93D516A1-B684-45F9-BF23-678790A4AD41.jpeg.5322f87b1089d82052e551adc8e1c457.jpeg

My cat brought this through the cat door. I opened the sliding glass door, grabbed a broom, grabbed the cat so he would see it, then knocked the rat off my picture. It ran out the sliding glass door with the cat in hot pursuit. I have moved off of the island and now we have coyotes. So the kitties don’t go out and there are no critters in the house. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5