Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

I hope you feel better Barb.  Pain is so hard to deal with.  I hope they can find something to help you. 

We are having a heat wave here and it's causing me to want to clean and organize. Have you ever wanted to just throw away most of you belongings?  lol  I think I'll purge my closet again and really go deep this time. Away with all the stuff I haven't worn in over a year.  

Anyone been to the keys (FL) in the winter time? I'm going with friends on a girls's long weekend soon and am not sure what to pack.  It's supposed to be in the 70's.....so, shorts and t-shirts, right?  Sweater and jacket for evening wear?  I'm trying to pack light. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope you feel better Barb.  Pain is so hard to deal with.  I hope they can find something to help you. 

We are having a heat wave here and it's causing me to want to clean and organize. Have you ever wanted to just throw away most of you belongings?  lol  I think I'll purge my closet again and really go deep this time. Away with all the stuff I haven't worn in over a year.  

Anyone been to the keys (FL) in the winter time? I'm going with friends on a girls's long weekend soon and am not sure what to pack.  It's supposed to be in the 70's.....so, shorts and t-shirts, right?  Sweater and jacket for evening wear?  I'm trying to pack light. 

I have spent a few weeks in Kent West for the past two years. End of January-mid February. It could be warm for sunbathing during the day, but cooler in the evenings. I’d just make sure to include some jeans or slacks for those colder damp nights when it rains. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have spent a few weeks in Kent West for the past two years. End of January-mid February. It could be warm for sunbathing during the day, but cooler in the evenings. I’d just make sure to include some jeans or slacks for those colder damp nights when it rains. 

I agree. I'd bring stuff you can layer, like a sweater or sweatshirt you can put on over a tee when the sun sets and some jeans or even yoga pants for the cooler nights and early mornings.  A lot of the restaurants blast the AC, too, so you'll be glad to have a sweater or something for indoors, if needed.

The Keys are extremely casual, no need for any fancy dress up stuff.  Even the nicer restaurants don't seem to have any strict dress code.

• Love 5

Thanks for the tips on FL.  I've been there, but, mainly it was during spring break or summer time.  Even in the spring, I've been there when it was really chilly.  

I think I'll take a light jacket, sweater, sweatshirt, jeans, and two lightweight pants, in addition to some shorts and t-shirts. Also, pair of sneakers and two pair of sandals.  I was going to take on sort of dressy outfit, but, maybe that's not needed. 

I'm going to buy a new piece of luggage to check in. I've never had any hard shell pieces before.  Anyone like them?  I've been shopping around. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Love2dance said:

@lookeyloo, you are in my thoughts everyday, and I am so hoping they find the right treatment for your son.

I miss @Happyfatchick, too! Her stories are the best.
And, has @Churchhoney posted recently? She adds so much knowledge to this site, and has opened my eyes to so much about controlling families.

Thanks for the kind words! I've been dropping by for a few minutes to read here and there. But I'm simultaneously swamped with holiday stuff and an unexpected ton of sudden has-to-get-done-by-mid-January work .... so 24 hours a day is not enough right now! 

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Thanks for the kind words! I've been dropping by for a few minutes to read here and there. But I'm simultaneously swamped with holiday stuff and an unexpected ton of sudden has-to-get-done-by-mid-January work .... so 24 hours a day is not enough right now! 

I am glad you are ok. 

@Happyfatchick where are you? You are missed.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm going to buy a new piece of luggage to check in. I've never had any hard shell pieces before.  Anyone like them?  I've been shopping around. 

I got one. It was surprisingly lightweight and I was able to get a lot into it. I use packing cubes to keep things sorted and neat. I always use plastic zip locks too. Especially if I’m toting a damp swimsuit. When I had fabric cases in the past they would inevitably tear and duct tape on ones luggage doesn’t look too good. I also got a luggage belt (it just goes around the middle in case it opens to keep the contents from falling out...in theory) mine is in a color so it is easier to recognize my case when it’s on the carousel. 

I recommend a place called Bagatelle. 115 Duval St. They have really good dinners, but also wonderful inexpensive breakfasts. I would get a $5 one egg Benedict (with extra Hollandaise) and a Mango Mimosa for $5 and it was most satisfying. They have other options on their $5 menu. Feel free to PM me for other suggestions or to answer any other questions that you might have. 

I wish you a wonderful trip. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I got one. It was surprisingly lightweight and I was able to get a lot into it. I use packing cubes to keep things sorted and neat. I always use plastic zip locks too. Especially if I’m toting a damp swimsuit. When I had fabric cases in the past they would inevitably tear and duct tape on ones luggage doesn’t look too good. I also got a luggage belt (it just goes around the middle in case it opens to keep the contents from falling out...in theory) mine is in a color so it is easier to recognize my case when it’s on the carousel. 

I recommend a place called Bagatelle. 115 Duval St. They have really good dinners, but also wonderful inexpensive breakfasts. I would get a $5 one egg Benedict (with extra Hollandaise) and a Mango Mimosa for $5 and it was most satisfying. They have other options on their $5 menu. Feel free to PM me for other suggestions or to answer any other questions that you might have. 

I wish you a wonderful trip. 

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when making my selection. I need a luggage scale too. 

My friends are not big on eating most food. I mean one of them likes fish and salads. The other one doesn't eat much of anything. They eat things like protein bars, yogurt, raisins, almonds, etc. Lol. But, we are celebrating my birthday, so I will insist we go out for at least one nice dinner, one nice lunch and one nice breakfast. We'll have a kitchen in our villa, so I don't mind eating there the rest of the time.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I am so bored. I can’t wait until I go back to work.

I’ve worked this holiday season but I’m looking forward to the quiet of January after my sister’s birthday. I’m on the hunt for a Christmas COMFORTER. Not a duvet, but a comforter, all I am seeing are quilts, and I think she could use one for her bday. 

She was a PISS ANT this weekend and on Mom’s shit list (she was being a total BRAT) and my Mom is 71 you know? Emotionally it’s a lot. We still have not gotten to the DMV for her ID, she’s making it a million x more difficult than it should be. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I am so bored. I can’t wait until I go back to work.

Me too! I miss my routine. I’m not motivated to complete any of the things on my to-do list, not even the little ones. All I’m doing is eating weird stuff, watching too much TV, and hanging out here. It was great the first week, but now I’m over it.

@Scarlett45, can you get the ID at AAA instead of the DMV? I didn’t know that I could get a license, etc. at AAA until I had to renew mine in August. It was so much easier than the DMV - in and out in less than 15 minutes, and only 5 minutes from my house!

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Me too! I miss my routine. I’m not motivated to complete any of the things on my to-do list, not even the little ones. All I’m doing is eating weird stuff, watching too much TV, and hanging out here. It was great the first week, but now I’m over it.

@Scarlett45, can you get the ID at AAA instead of the DMV? I didn’t know that I could get a license, etc. at AAA until I had to renew mine in August. It was so much easier than the DMV - in and out in less than 15 minutes, and only 5 minutes from my house!

No we cannot because my sister must have the disability ID. Also, we still have to take her there personally which is the issue, she has not been “cooperative”. And when your Tall Toddler is 5’9 and 300lbs cooperation is essential for such official business. 😹

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

No we cannot because my sister must have the disability ID. Also, we still have to take her there personally which is the issue, she has not been “cooperative”. And when your Tall Toddler is 5’9 and 300lbs cooperation is essential for such official business. 😹

Oh, I misunderstood and thought it was your mother who needed the ID. May you have the shortest waiting time in all of DMV history.

• Love 11

REf. state issued ID or license.  Most that I know, now get their license renewed online. Just answer some questions and pay fee.  Also, if a person is a senior and immobile, you can schedule a time for DMV to come to them for picture ID.  (NC)

Another blessing...my mammogram was all clear.  No issues.  I am so thankful!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 16

I just cut the hell out of my thumb on one of my Christmas presents. It was a food chopper thing, and my hand slipped and my thumb hit the grid of blades (so there are multiple cuts on my thumb). I am now  hoping I don’t have to go to urgent care. The chopper is in the garbage. 

Update - it has mostly stopped bleeding and now hurts like crazy. 

5 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, I misunderstood and thought it was your mother who needed the ID. May you have the shortest waiting time in all of DMV history.

No no. My mom can take herself to the DMV!😁 And she got a senior state ID that doesn’t expire (that made her feel old) along with her license this year. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Me!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

REf. state issued ID or license.  Most that I know, now get their license renewed online. Just answer some questions and pay fee.  Also, if a person is a senior and immobile, you can schedule a time for DMV to come to them for picture ID.  (NC)

Another blessing...my mammogram was all clear.  No issues.  I am so thankful!  

The disability ID cannot be renewed online in IL, I have to take her in to take a new photo. We can go to the front of the line but I still have to get her there and she’s NOT cooperating. She loves her new caregiver quite a but does not see her as an authority figure. Ughhhhhhhhh. After almost 30 years in the terrible 2s I should know better- but never the less we will get there!!! I keep telling myself that it’s good for 10years so it’s worth it.

Im so glad your mammogram was clear. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

The disability ID cannot be renewed online in IL, I have to take her in to take a new photo. We can go to the front of the line but I still have to get her there and she’s NOT cooperating. She loves her new caregiver quite a but does not see her as an authority figure. Ughhhhhhhhh. After almost 30 years in the terrible 2s I should know better- but never the less we will get there!!! I keep telling myself that it’s good for 10years so it’s worth it.

Oh yes. There are so many who are dealing with cancer and other conditions...I'm so grateful for all good health reports.

• Love 4

After almost 30 years in the terrible 2s I should know better- but never the less we will get there!!! I keep telling myself that it’s good for 10years so it’s worth it.

Does bribery work at all?  Er should we say rewards?  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Boscov’s! I have a massive soft spot for that place. I no longer live in their area, but I have fond memories of it being such a quirky old school store. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Absolom said:

Does bribery work at all?  Er should we say rewards?  

No she doesn’t have the congnitive capacity to be bribed. We did get out of the house without issue one Saturday and had a nice outing looking at Christmas lights but didn’t make it out of the house in time to get to the DMV (which closes early on Saturdays), assuming me taking her there alone would work. I would prefer another set of eyes on her while I handle things, and she has to take her picture. Shit- I’d put a leash on her if I didn’t think she’d take it off! Lol. I’m an awful sister I know. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have to go in for a second mammogram next week. They stressed that it's most probably nothing to worry about, and may well be due to a shadow or the difference in the type of photos they took between last year and this, but keep your fingers crossed!

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have to go in for a second mammogram next week. They stressed that it's most probably nothing to worry about, and may well be due to a shadow or the difference in the type of photos they took between last year and this, but keep your fingers crossed!

They did that to me. I later found out it was because I was eligible for a better type of testing and they had only done the old minimal mammogram. Nothing was wrong and you could just be having the same issue. 

E96C2C6B-6E8E-462B-99CD-1EFA3A3B480E.thumb.jpeg.de82bd8937f2c51e0ced284afdb53e32.jpeg

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No she doesn’t have the congnitive capacity to be bribed. We did get out of the house without issue one Saturday and had a nice outing looking at Christmas lights but didn’t make it out of the house in time to get to the DMV (which closes early on Saturdays), assuming me taking her there alone would work. I would prefer another set of eyes on her while I handle things, and she has to take her picture. Shit- I’d put a leash on her if I didn’t think she’d take it off! Lol. I’m an awful sister I know. 

No, you're a wonderful, caring sister who is taking lemons and making lemonade.  If you didn't laugh, you'd have to cry.  You're doing what needs to be done and you're trying to make it as painless for yourself and your sister as possible.  Nothing wrong with that.

And, the leash idea sounds like a very reasonable option to keep her safe in situations where you cannot give her your full attention. 

• Love 18
On 12/27/2019 at 9:00 PM, galaxychaser said:

This demon cries because she got caught. I still remember this event. Her sons would be close to my age if she let them live. Why not give up the custody to anyone.

I remember this horrid event, too.  It happened about 3 months after my mother died and I remember asking her to comfort these little boys in heaven.

18 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

No, you're a wonderful, caring sister who is taking lemons and making lemonade.  If you didn't laugh, you'd have to cry.  You're doing what needs to be done and you're trying to make it as painless for yourself and your sister as possible.  Nothing wrong with that.

And, the leash idea sounds like a very reasonable option to keep her safe in situations where you cannot give her your full attention. 

You’re so sweet. She would probably take the leash off and laugh at me like “Whats this?” Or try to put it on me silly girl.

Im at work today just shooting the breeze. It’s a nice way to end the year. 

• Love 14

Happy New Year, everyone!

I've just spent an hour or so, sitting here at my desk at home, scanning documents. Account statements, receipts, etc. I'd let them stack up on the desk for awhile, but it didn't take all that long to knock off the task. I aim to reduce the amount of paper in my home, and it's a surprisingly constant battle, even for someone living a quiet semi-retired life who elects paperless accounts for almost everything. 

I have an excellent, fast, capable document scanner that has worked flawlessly for six and a half years now. My inner geek-child sort of lusts to get a new improved model but there's no need for it and so far I've successfully told the inner geek to STFU already. Besides, the reviews for the later model are mixed. Heh.

Now that I've consigned more paper to the "to be shredded" box? I may get radical with clearing clothing out of my closet. I mean, scary radical. I'm re-reading a wonderful book, The Chotchky Challenge, that despite - or because of - some goofy diversions, just speaks to my soul. Sitting before me here at my desk is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "Do one thing every day that scares you." Donating so many items of clothing - albeit unworn for literally years now - is scary. Hmm. . . 

• Love 12

No she doesn’t have the congnitive capacity to be bribed. We did get out of the house without issue one Saturday and had a nice outing looking at Christmas lights but didn’t make it out of the house in time to get to the DMV

You sound like a wonderful sister doing everything possible to keep her safe and happy.  Good luck!  

Bribery/rewards have stopped working on my mother as she regresses.  

• Love 8

Just wanted to mention that I read something on the Chit Chat board that floored me. A nice poster, Sandman67, had her house go up in flames in October (?) and she lost everything except the literal burning clothes on her back. Her mother perished in the fire (sad in itself), but somehow her pets made it out and a neighbor is caring for them. She’s had skin grafts, pain and yet keeps a good attitude despite the heavy losses. It is on page 198 if anyone is kind enough to go over there and wish her well. It. Broke my heart. 

Speaking of family, @Scarlett45, you are the best sister and caretaker that your sister could ever hope for. I will pray that the sun and stars align and give you the opportunity to get her the ID with little or no hassle. You rock. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Happy New Year, everyone!

I've just spent an hour or so, sitting here at my desk at home, scanning documents. Account statements, receipts, etc. I'd let them stack up on the desk for awhile, but it didn't take all that long to knock off the task. I aim to reduce the amount of paper in my home, and it's a surprisingly constant battle, even for someone living a quiet semi-retired life who elects paperless accounts for almost everything. 

I have an excellent, fast, capable document scanner that has worked flawlessly for six and a half years now. My inner geek-child sort of lusts to get a new improved model but there's no need for it and so far I've successfully told the inner geek to STFU already. Besides, the reviews for the later model are mixed. Heh.

Now that I've consigned more paper to the "to be shredded" box? I may get radical with clearing clothing out of my closet. I mean, scary radical. I'm re-reading a wonderful book, The Chotchky Challenge, that despite - or because of - some goofy diversions, just speaks to my soul. Sitting before me here at my desk is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "Do one thing every day that scares you." Donating so many items of clothing - albeit unworn for literally years now - is scary. Hmm. . . 

Is that an auto feed scanner? I'm looking to scan pictures, but keep the originals in labeled boxes. I'm trying to find a scanner that isn't too expensive. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, realityfan26 said:

Is that an auto feed scanner? I'm looking to scan pictures, but keep the originals in labeled boxes. I'm trying to find a scanner that isn't too expensive. 

That scanner is an autofeed, and it's really best for documents. It's not good at all for scanning photos. I ran a few photos through it just to check, and nope. Not good.

For scanning photos, I use a flatbed scanner I've had for several years, a Canon. It's at least ten years old. Instead of Canon software (I think they may not even have drivers for it that are compatible with current Macs and Windows PCs), I use an app called Vuescan, which IMO is the best thing since sliced bread. It's compatible with pretty much all scanners.

If I were buying a scanner for photos today, I'd get the CanoScan (Canon) 9000F or the Epson Perfection V550. (My scanner is a Canoscan 8800F, which they don't make anymore.)

Flatbed scanners are more labor intensive than feed scanners, of course. But unless you have thousands of dollars to spend on a pro-level scanner, IMO flatbeds are really the best choice for photo scanning. 

I mess around with photography (including Photoshop and Lightroom) a lot, and try to get the best quality photo files I can from my scans. So I have a fairly labor intensive workflow. Over the last few years I've scanned family photos, some decades old, to capture photos used in slideshows/videos at a couple of memorial services. My cousin paid me a huge compliment on my work a few months ago. We were at the funeral of another cousin, out of state. They had a slide show. She said to me, "Some of those images are so fuzzy I can't see the faces clearly. The ones you did were so clear and nice!" 

Good luck with the scanning. I still have LOTS of photos to scan. I tend to do that in winter when it's nasty cold outdoors so now that we're in that time of year . . . 

• Love 3

FYI - in cali you need an appt to get the new 'real id' drivers license and they require the following: original or certified copy of birth cert, passport if you have it, your marriage cert, your divorce decree if you had a divorce, (in general every time you changed your name you have to have a paper trail to prove it),  legal proof of residence (utility  bill, voter reg or similar), old drivers license......and if you dont do this, you cant fly from cali to texas on domestic airlines - you need a passport to fly from cali to any other state in the country!

Edited by zoomama
eta: just made my appointment to get a new drivers license and it asked me to bring the following to my appoint at end of FEB: original birth cert, ss card, marriage cert (x2) divocre decree, my lease with my name on it and a second mail id like utility o
  • Useful 4
20 minutes ago, zoomama said:

FYI - in cali you need an appt to get the new 'real id' drivers license and they require the following: original or certified copy of birth cert, passport if you have it, your marriage cert, your divorce decree if you had a divorce, (in general every time you changed your name you have to have a paper trail to prove it),  legal proof of residence (utility  bill, voter reg or similar), old drivers license......and if you dont do this, you cant fly from cali to texas on domestic airlines - you need a passport to fly from cali to any other state in the country!

They require a bit more than Arkansas. I have been looking at the Arkansas requirements, and they have some broad general categories, but it looks like I'll have to take my birth certificate as proof of legal residence, my current DL as proof of identity, my social security card as proof of the SSN, and then 2 proofs of residence with current address on it (pay stubs, utility bills, bank statements, etc.). They also have the marriage/divorce document requirements, but I've never been married so don't have to worry about that. They will accept a passport in lieu of a birth certificate, but I don't think you have to bring it. God, I hope not. If so, I'll have to root around and find mine. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2

I'm in California, and they accepted my giving record from church as one of the proofs of residence.  I took my passport, original social security card, and my church giving record, and my car registration card as proof of residence.  You can register on line and fill out all the questions, ie height, weight, etc.  Just remember to bring the number from that registration that you do online.  Otherwise, you will have to do it again when you get there.  I was in and out in about 20 minutes, but you need an appointment, which is usually a couple of months out.   I went to a smaller town with a smaller DMV and it went pretty fast.  Now I just hope the DMV did it correctly.  They had a "recall" a few months ago because DMV was not processing them correctly, and then shut down completely for a day or two to retrain the DMV people.  I think they are good now, since I have mine and haven't heard anything more.

I might add, if you register on line they give you a printable check-off list with what you will bring.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

That scanner is an autofeed, and it's really best for documents. It's not good at all for scanning photos. I ran a few photos through it just to check, and nope. Not good.

For scanning photos, I use a flatbed scanner I've had for several years, a Canon. It's at least ten years old. Instead of Canon software (I think they may not even have drivers for it that are compatible with current Macs and Windows PCs), I use an app called Vuescan, which IMO is the best thing since sliced bread. It's compatible with pretty much all scanners.

If I were buying a scanner for photos today, I'd get the CanoScan (Canon) 9000F or the Epson Perfection V550. (My scanner is a Canoscan 8800F, which they don't make anymore.)

Flatbed scanners are more labor intensive than feed scanners, of course. But unless you have thousands of dollars to spend on a pro-level scanner, IMO flatbeds are really the best choice for photo scanning. 

I mess around with photography (including Photoshop and Lightroom) a lot, and try to get the best quality photo files I can from my scans. So I have a fairly labor intensive workflow. Over the last few years I've scanned family photos, some decades old, to capture photos used in slideshows/videos at a couple of memorial services. My cousin paid me a huge compliment on my work a few months ago. We were at the funeral of another cousin, out of state. They had a slide show. She said to me, "Some of those images are so fuzzy I can't see the faces clearly. The ones you did were so clear and nice!" 

Good luck with the scanning. I still have LOTS of photos to scan. I tend to do that in winter when it's nasty cold outdoors so now that we're in that time of year . . . 

Thank you for the info. I'll look into the ones you've mentioned.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I lost my social security card, so I'm skipping the DMV and using my passport. I have no clue where Mr. Sumi's social security is, either. Thankfully, he is a major homebody and hates traveling.

You don't need the social security card just something valid with it on it such as a 1099, W-2, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Absolom said:

You don't need the social security card just something valid with it on it such as a 1099, W-2, etc.

It doesn't help that I am currently unemployed. 😒 It's been a while since I have worked, but I will get a W-2. Good to know for Mr.Sumi as well if we get him one.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I lost my social security card, so I'm skipping the DMV and using my passport. I have no clue where Mr. Sumi's social security is, either. Thankfully, he is a major homebody and hates traveling.

A trip to a SS office solves that problem as long as you know your SSN and have a valid ID.  My brother had his wallet stolen 5 years ago this week, while he was in a coma.  Horrible and long story.   We were able recreate his identity Once he was able. Wish his health issues were as readily solved.

I do agree that once anyone turns 18, get a passport! 

• Love 1

Happy new year's eve, everyone! I spent the day taking down Christmas decorations and shredding a bunch of old bills and receipts while binge watching Bones. It's been a very quiet end to the year, which I hope is a theme for 2020. I don't go out on new year's eve, I prefer to spend it at home eating junk food and watching movies. After a two week carb fest I'm actually looking forward to working out and eating healthy again, lol. 

I hope everyone has a good night!

• Love 9

It's my understanding that you have until October 2020 for real ID. I have to get it.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/can-you-fly-without-a-real-id-deadline-goes-into-effect-in-1-year-heres-what-you-need-to-know

Jeeves,  I have a question about scanning your receipts.  It takes me forever, because, unlike a fast scanner that just feeds the paper quickly, with manual placement, you have to scan, save and then name the file.  It can be so tedious.  Any tips for shortcuts? 

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I'm having a quiet birthday NYE here at home, with pizza later and something off of Netflix.  The whole house has been ill on and off the last three weeks, husband with the never ending cough and sinus crap, daughter has sinus and ear infection, and I'm on the edge of both.  Ahhh the family that gets sick together....

May you all have a lovely and peaceful 2020.  One can try anyway!

• Love 19