Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Just now, Mindthinkr said:

Could you please explain this to me? 

Eight of of ten of her kids were born with a midline small birth defect called tongue tie.

If you look underneath your tongue, you can see a stretchy ligament.  I think in tongue tie kids, that stretchy ligament is extremely foreshortened.  This causes problems with latching during breasfeeding.

Some babies are born with an upper lip tie.  That's the ligament under the upper lip.

Doctors can perform a laser surgery to fix these.

A more severe midline birth defect is cleft palate, and spina bifada, which is worse.

But Zsu won't have to worry about these since she discontinued prenatal vitamins!

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

@lookeyloo, I'm so sorry for what you and your son and family are going through. 

Update on the situation with my dad and his desired road trip to see his brother. My uncle with cancer is now home with 24x7 care. He does not have the use of his legs and is not undergoing any further radiation or chemo for his metastatic prostate cancer. BUT he is on a new medication that is bringing down his PSA numbers significantly and he gets to hang out with his wife and his doggies. My dad's other two surviving brothers had been planning to fly down and visit him, except one of my aunts fell and broke a rib and a leg and is now in a rehab facility for that so the trip is off for now. Meanwhile, my dad has stopped talking about wanting to go down. His care facility thought we could make the trip possible with one caregiver if my dad's girlfriend also goes. Dad cannot fly. I am just not bringing the trip up. We'll see what needs to happen if Dad gets back to it. I get that he wants to see his brother, but he also thinks his care facility has more than one building (it doesn't), that it has hallways that are outdoors but somehow climate controlled (it doesn't), that he is in a room with modular walls (he isn't), that they are moving him to new apartments all the time (they aren't), and that sometimes he is camping outdoors (he isn't). And all this is in an environment with which he is familiar, so you see why I am just not bringing up a possible road trip.

I don't blame you at all for not bringing up the trip.

My mother, who is in a nice assisted living facility,  suffers from paranoia & claims similar (nonexistent) things go  on like your father does. Just a few examples: She claims the police & fire dept are called to the asst living almost daily for riots,  she thinks their building is being sold & she will have to move,  she says they get punished if they talk during meals or if they ask for coffee,  and she thinks one of the residents has baby twins.  She thinks there are wires hanging from the ceiling of her room from which everyone can listen in to the small amount of phone calls she has & she thinks the staff has to pay for the resident's food.  She also says there are good things too (that are also nonexistent) like the carnival next door, free plane rides & parties with delicious foods. My sister & I are happy with the care she receives & the staff is great & cares about their residents.  My mom is on meds that help with the paranoia but it doesnt take it completely away.  

My mom wanted to travel too. She thought she would be able to travel alone overnight by train this past spring to see my brother in Florida, thousands of miles away. There is no way she can  travel anywhere. She can barely leave the assisted living to come to our houses because of bathroom & walking difficulties.  We kept on making excuses when she brought the trip up and she finally forgot about it. We thought she would bring it up again & ask to go along when my sister recently moved my niece to Florida but she didn't.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I don't blame you at all for not bringing up the trip.

My mother, who is in a nice assisted living facility,  suffers from paranoia & claims similar (nonexistent) things go  on like your father does. Just a few examples: She claims the police & fire dept are called to the asst living almost daily for riots,  she thinks their building is being sold & she will have to move,  she says they get punished if they talk during meals or if they ask for coffee,  and she thinks one of the residents has baby twins.  She thinks there are wires hanging from the ceiling of her room from which everyone can listen in to the small amount of phone calls she has & she thinks the staff has to pay for the resident's food.  She also says there are good things too (that are also nonexistent) like the carnival next door, free plane rides & parties with delicious foods. My sister & I are happy with the care she receives & the staff is great & cares about their residents.  My mom is on meds that help with the paranoia but it doesnt take it completely away.  

My mom wanted to travel too. She thought she would be able to travel alone overnight by train this past spring to see my brother in Florida, thousands of miles away. There is no way she can  travel anywhere. She can barely leave the assisted living to come to our houses because of bathroom & walking difficulties.  We kept on making excuses when she brought the trip up and she finally forgot about it. We thought she would bring it up again & ask to go along when my sister recently moved my niece to Florida but she didn't.  

I'm sorry, @Barb23. I really really know something of what you are going through. Sometimes I just have to laugh, because what else are you going to do? Dad has actually unintentionally channeled the Steven Wright joke from the 80s and claimed that someone has stolen all his stuff and replaced it with exact duplicates.  It is heartbreaking that sometimes he knows that he is hallucinating but the hallucinations are still real to him even though he knows they are not. And it is heartbreaking as a daughter to effectively lose a parent who is still living (Mom died of Alzheimer's in 2007 so sadly this is not my first time). I'm sorry for what you are dealing with.

That sounds like the tales I may hear tomorrow when I visit my mother.  She says things like a doctor told her she could go back to work soon - she's been retired for 40 years.  People yelled at her for various things.  She's going to go out next week and find a new place to live.  And she's been wanting to go to the non-existent basement since she moved in.

Edited by Absolom

Thank you @jcbrown. I know there are plenty of us dealing with similar family issues.  It's like dealing with a young child & you are right, laughter does help.

When my mother was talking about going on her train trip to Florida, all my sister & I could picture was her standing on the Amtrak platform with her walker & a bag of Depends under her arm waving us goodbye.

26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That sounds like the tales I may hear tomorrow when I visit my mother.  She says things like a doctor told here she could go back to work soon - she's been retired for 40 years.  People yelled at her for various things.  She's going to go out next week and find a new place to live.  And she's been wanting to go to the non-existent basement since she moved in.

Your mom's concerns could have come from my mother including the non-existent basement.  My mom feels sorry that the aides have to go up & down the steps all the time. 

ETA: we are in process of selling her house & recently had her house cleaned out of the items family & friends didnt want. She was aware of the "clean out"  but she still thinks of random things & asks who ended up with them.  She's asked a hundred times who ended up with her dining room set. We don't have the heart to tell her things have gone with the junk guy so we tell her one of us has it in our basement.  There is no way she can go downstairs when she visits so we felt that is the best reply & she just says OK until she asks again.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, louannems said:

Eight of of ten of her kids were born with a midline small birth defect called tongue tie.

If you look underneath your tongue, you can see a stretchy ligament.  I think in tongue tie kids, that stretchy ligament is extremely foreshortened.  This causes problems with latching during breasfeeding.

Some babies are born with an upper lip tie.  That's the ligament under the upper lip.

Doctors can perform a laser surgery to fix these.

A more severe midline birth defect is cleft palate, and spina bifada, which is worse.

But Zsu won't have to worry about these since she discontinued prenatal vitamins!

Tongue tie prevents a baby from latching well with breastfeeding and is something we look for when a baby has problems with latching onto the breast.  It is fairly common, even in children whose mothers don’t have MTHFR.  It is usually fixed by snipping the tissue under the tongue.  This is fairly simple and usually done in the nursery by a pediatrician or an ENT doc a day or two after birth. It is rare that a baby needs an extensive procedure to fix it.  It is something that can be hereditary, so it is not unusual for a mom to have more than one baby with it.

As always, Zsuzsu is an idiot and takes a tiny piece of information and builds a whole fictional scenario about it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Thank you @jcbrown. I know there are plenty of us dealing with similar family issues.  It's like dealing with a young child & you are right, laughter does help.

I haven't walked in those shoes; all three of my parents (including stepmom who was more of a mom than the bio one) went quickly, not quite "dropping dead," but dying within hours after various catastrophic medical events (stroke, heart attack, etc.). But dementia associated with various diseases has affected my extended family. 

Hope nobody will mind this story on the laughter side of things. I'm old, and I "come from" a big farming family. I have literally dozens of cousins who've lived in the same area all their lives. A couple of small towns, pretty much in the same county. They've tended to marry people from around there too. A few years ago when I was down there visiting, a cousin's wife had just come from visiting her mother, who had dementia and was living in the local nursing home. 

There were several other elderly folks with dementia in that facility - and these people had known each other pretty much all their lives. That kind of community added interest, shall we say, to the kind of delusions described y @jcbrown, @Barb23, and @Absolom.

My cousin's wife cracked us up relating that day's news from the home. Because of course, she knew pretty much all the patients in there, having lived in the same community all her life. That day, one of the patients ("Ida") had been going on about all this money she had that had gone missing or been stolen or something. And another one ("Henry") was talking about this fine new car he was getting that day. Another visitor looked at my cousin's wife, raised an eyebrow, and said, "Maybe Henry made off with Ida's money and bought that car." 

Edited by Jeeves
pronouns. they're a thing.
  • LOL 23
11 hours ago, Barb23 said:

ETA: we are in process of selling her house & recently had her house cleaned out of the items family & friends didnt want. She was aware of the "clean out"  but she still thinks of random things & asks who ended up with them.  She's asked a hundred times who ended up with her dining room set. We don't have the heart to tell her things have gone with the junk guy so we tell her one of us has it in our basement.  There is no way she can go downstairs when she visits so we felt that is the best reply & she just says OK until she asks again.  

Oh yeah, I've heard that song, too. Dad has lost most of his vision but he still wants his binoculars back. He recently demanded that we give him back the photos that were in the house (he usually demands rather than asks). I had to deflect about getting them scanned so we could all share them. In truth, we trashed a bunch because there were thousands and I do have some to scan but he can't see and certainly doesn't need them to add to the piles in his room.

Thanks, @Jeeves, for that story. An example of how sometimes you have to laugh.

I dreamed two nights ago that Dad had come to stay with my husband and me and woke us up in the middle of the night to complain about our guest room toilet (he would totally complain like this, although he might not wake us up to do it) and show us that he could empty his own catheter bag (he can't in real life) so he could stay through X-mas. Nope.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Barb23 said:

we are in process of selling her house & recently had her house cleaned out of the items family & friends didnt want.

We had the great fun of doing almost all of the clean out and estate sale with my mother there with us.  We had trouble selling some of the furniture because we couldn't get her to be quiet.  Then we had a rather dreadful drive from Arkansas to California with her and her dog.   I believe it was Abilene, Texas, where she had the hysterical breakdown and my daughter went into meltdown mode.  My SIL stood there looking at me saying I'll do anything just tell me what to do.  I don't think he'd expected the trip to get quite that bad.  It's why I tell people to avoid trips with people with Alzheimer's if they are more than a few hours long.  It's too hard on everyone, but especially on the person with Alzheimer's.  

12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

On a happy note to end the weekend:  We've got a new puppy!  I lost my oldest dog at 14 to cancer in April and my other dog and I have been wanting to find a new brother or sister.  My older girl is a Bernese Mountain/Rottweiler mix and I wanted a smaller dog because I am getting older and walking two big dogs is not much fun.

Anyway, I got this little guy at a rescue down in Holmes County. near where the Rodriguii recently stayed.  The people that run it specifically rescue from the Amish.  The Amish, probably like the Duggars, do not believe in spaying or neutering their dogs and they also run a lot of puppy mills.  They consider dogs to be disposable.  So, when a dog has an unwanted litter, they either sell them off, usually for fighting, or they kill them.  This rescue places ads in the local Amish papers asking to buy unwanted dogs.  

This little guy doesn't have a name yet.  He's 2 months old and a Jack Russell mix, weighs around 5 lbs.  My girl, Maggie, and I are in love already.

baby boy September 29, 2019.jpg

That is an adorable baby!

• Love 5
On 9/29/2019 at 7:04 PM, doodlebug said:

On a happy note to end the weekend:  We've got a new puppy!  I lost my oldest dog at 14 to cancer in April and my other dog and I have been wanting to find a new brother or sister.  My older girl is a Bernese Mountain/Rottweiler mix and I wanted a smaller dog because I am getting older and walking two big dogs is not much fun.

Anyway, I got this little guy at a rescue down in Holmes County. near where the Rodriguii recently stayed.  The people that run it specifically rescue from the Amish.  The Amish, probably like the Duggars, do not believe in spaying or neutering their dogs and they also run a lot of puppy mills.  They consider dogs to be disposable.  So, when a dog has an unwanted litter, they either sell them off, usually for fighting, or they kill them.  This rescue places ads in the local Amish papers asking to buy unwanted dogs.  

This little guy doesn't have a name yet.  He's 2 months old and a Jack Russell mix, weighs around 5 lbs.  My girl, Maggie, and I are in love already.

baby boy September 29, 2019.jpg

adorable!

• Love 4

@doodlebug--he's so precious!  Names can be tough with pets.

I have been given some great advice from you fabulous folks, and I could use some again.  Our anniversary is coming up later this month (#17).  We were not able to go on a honeymoon since Mr. Six was still in college.  He was 22 and finishing up his Bachelor in Engineering after already receiving 2 associate degrees.  I turned 23 two days before our wedding, and we were just not in the right place to take a honeymoon.  Since my birthday (and subsequently, our anniversary) is in a few weeks, he wanted to do something since this will be my 40th birthday.  All was well until he realized he has a 4-day conference in Pittsburgh (we're in Baltimore) during the same time frame.  We did discuss waiting until next year-Feb/March since we could have more wiggle room.  My question is:  where would you suggest we go?  I'll will write down the full list and research each option.  I would prefer somewhere they didn't require a passport, but I think we have enough time to get them , if needed.  

Send the Six family away on a much-belated, way overdo vacation/honeymoon!!  Thank you!!  Oh, and just a few minor things--no snowy weather.  We can get that if we stay at home.  The snow/cold is what we want to escape 😉

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, sixlets said:

@doodlebug--he's so precious!  Names can be tough with pets.

I have been given some great advice from you fabulous folks, and I could use some again.  Our anniversary is coming up later this month (#17).  We were not able to go on a honeymoon since Mr. Six was still in college.  He was 22 and finishing up his Bachelor in Engineering after already receiving 2 associate degrees.  I turned 23 two days before our wedding, and we were just not in the right place to take a honeymoon.  Since my birthday (and subsequently, our anniversary) is in a few weeks, he wanted to do something since this will be my 40th birthday.  All was well until he realized he has a 4-day conference in Pittsburgh (we're in Baltimore) during the same time frame.  We did discuss waiting until next year-Feb/March since we could have more wiggle room.  My question is:  where would you suggest we go?  I'll will write down the full list and research each option.  I would prefer somewhere they didn't require a passport, but I think we have enough time to get them , if needed.  

Send the Six family away on a much-belated, way overdo vacation/honeymoon!!  Thank you!!  Oh, and just a few minor things--no snowy weather.  We can get that if we stay at home.  The snow/cold is what we want to escape 😉

Maui. Times 1000. We went to Maui on our honeymoon and have been going there nearly every year ever since. The flights would be more onerous for you than they are for us (West Coast) but it would be worth it. PM me if you choose this and want specific ideas of places to eat/stay/see.

ETA: And January, at least, is great for whale-watching in Maui. Sometimes you can hear them singing if you put your head under the water at the beach. Google informs me that February is even better.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Maui. Times 1000. We went to Maui on our honeymoon and have been going there nearly every year ever since. The flights would be more onerous for you than they are for us (West Coast) but it would be worth it. PM me if you choose this and want specific ideas of places to eat/stay/see.

Hawaii is wonderful, but it kinda depends on how long a trip you're looking to take.  It's a 4-5 hour flight to the west coast and then another 5 to Honolulu, you'd then need to connect to Maui.  It's a very short flight, maybe half an hour, but, after you've 10 hours on a plane at that point, it is not fun.  Also, remember there is a 5 hour time difference from the east coast and jet lag can be an issue.  First time I went, I was up and at 'em by 4 AM and fading fast by sundown.  I went with a friend and we challenged each other every day to stay awake past 9 PM.  You are going to need a week at least, IMO, in order to spend 2 days traveling and give you time to adjust.  Maui is glorious, Oahu/Honolulu are bustling, Hawaii (the big island) is also amazing.

What do you and your hubby want to do on vacation?  Sit on a beach with a book? Sightsee?  Go someplace with a lot of history? Shop? Hit museums?  Gamble?  See shows?

In your time zone, I highly recommend Key West.  Still in the US but with a little Cuban flair, beautiful beaches, good restaurants, fun downtown.  Cool local artisan shopping.

Vegas is also fun, like Disneyworld for grownups.  Just walking down the strip, you see lots of fun gimmicks at the various hotels; roller coasters at NYNY, the volcano at the Mirage, the fountains at Bellagio.  And the shows are fun, though pricey.  I'm not a gambler, but dropping $20 in the slots is its own kind of fun.

• Love 6

Y'all I am sick and miserable. I'm pretty sure I have the flu. It's early, but my friend who is a nurse said they've had confirmed cases, and she thinks it sounds like it. It's very much like my flu experience two  years ago. I've been in bed since Friday, only to go to urgent care on Sunday. And to Walmart last night at 3 am for Benadryl because I was hacking so much I couldn't sleep. That's a new school for you! I'm loving my job, but these are brand new germs! Thankfully, my boss is actually very understanding. 

Soooooo...fun times. 😜 But I am glad to slow down a little bit. My last couple months have been fast paced, and now I'm forced to rest. 

Tonight I ate Kraft Mac and cheese straight out of the pot and washed it down with a Krispy Kreme donut, and felt proud of myself! Hahahaha! I haven't eaten much all week, so I was glad I felt like it. 

Plus it's 98 degrees here, and up until recently, my fever has been 102!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

His name is Scout.  He also weighs 6.8 lbs.  We know this because Mommy took him to work yesterday and one of the medical assistants weighed him.  He has a sweet disposition and is eager to learn.  Working on housebreaking now and he seems to be getting the idea.

His sister, Maggie, likes him most of the time; but is happy to give him the smackdown when she has had enough puppy shenanigans.

I love this. Thanks for the update. I bet he got lots of love on take-your-puppy-to-work day!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I love this. Thanks for the update. I bet he got lots of love on take-your-puppy-to-work day!

He did, as a matter of fact, the employees in my office told their supervisor they wanted to make Take-Your-Pooch to work a regular thing.  Morale was sky high as everyone got their puppy fix, even the patients. He was sitting on the lap of one of the secretaries and a patient asked to hold him while she waited to make an appointment.  She said it was the best part of her day to that point.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17

@Christina87, I'm sorry you're sick. Kids are little disease carriers. We've had at least one person with a cold in my house since school started. No flu yet, knock on wood. 

I've had my BiPap machine for a week now & I love how deep my sleep is when I'm using it. For the last few years I've woken up to use the bathroom every 60-90 minutes unless I took sleep meds. Now, I'm fine until morning unless I drink excessively right before bed. What's kind of cool is currently I'm stuffed up during the day, but once I put the mask on & the air pressure hits 29, there is no stuffiness. 

The only issue I have is that because I have a full face mask, once it's on I can't wear my glasses or focus on my phone or Kindle. I'm use to reading a bit to help me fall asleep, so if I do wake up now, I can't get back to sleep with the mask on. If I take the mask off & read, I'll fall asleep but it's not restful and I feel crummy when I wake up. Generally, I just get up, have a shower, and start my day. This week my wake-up time has been between 3:00 am and 5:00 am (normal). On the 3:00 am days I'm ready to go to sleep as soon as I get home at 5:30 pm.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 10

Thank you all for the travel suggestions!  I wanted to surprise him with Penn & Teller tickets for his 40th next summer, so we're looking into Vegas.  He will have a professional conference to attend next September, which would be in New Orleans, and I might tag along for that one.  Hawaii would be awesome, but the flights would do me in.  I feel like I would get as far as L.A. and just be done.  Key West sounds intriguing.  I'm going to do some research on that one!  I would be happy sitting on a sandy beach with a drink in hand.  At this point, I think going anywhere for a few days together would be welcome and very much needed.  But I'll go wherever there's good food!  Thanks all 🤗

Christina-I hope you're feeling better soon!
Doodlebug-Scout is the perfect name for your little guy.  Congrats again!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Thank you all for the travel suggestions!  I wanted to surprise him with Penn & Teller tickets for his 40th next summer, so we're looking into Vegas.  He will have a professional conference to attend next September, which would be in New Orleans, and I might tag along for that one.  Hawaii would be awesome, but the flights would do me in.  I feel like I would get as far as L.A. and just be done.  Key West sounds intriguing.  I'm going to do some research on that one!  I would be happy sitting on a sandy beach with a drink in hand.  At this point, I think going anywhere for a few days together would be welcome and very much needed.  But I'll go wherever there's good food!  Thanks all 🤗

Penn and Teller would be awesome!  I saw Sigfried and Roy at the Mirage years ago.  They performed in a theater designed specially for them and it was freaky how great the magic was, I'm sure Penn and Teller would have similar technical help.  When I turned 50, two of my sisters 'kidnapped' me and we spent a long weekend in Vegas, saw Barry Manilow (who wears more makeup than I do!) and had a really memorable time.

• Love 7

Aaagh!  I'm so irritated with my sister-in-law!  She just sold her house of 40 years, that was filled with the crap that goes with 40 years of living in a house.  She kept trying to guilt me into taking some of said crap - constant FB messages with pics suggesting we take this and that.  I remained steadfast in politely saying no.  She even tried to get me to take her parents' ashes, which she should have spread years ago. After mil passed 12 years ago, sil tried to foist off Mom's 1960s cabinet sewing machine (that doesn't work).  She convinced her own daughter-in-law to take it at that time, but dil no longer wants it.  SIL sent an email to me, my husband (her brother) and two of my daughters (who have modern, working sewing machines) and succeeded in guilting my middle daughter into taking it.  I'm guessing my daughter is feeling sentimental about her grandma and their shared love of sewing and crafts, but my daughter has no room in her crowded (with 5 kids including twin infants) house.  This sil has irritated me plenty over the years and I've always taken the high road, but this time I did let her know that I'm not pleased that my daughter is taking this item on.  I didn't say this part, but I've been seeing sil's posts on FB boasting about how brutal she's been in dispensing with her stuff.  Well!  Marie Kondo would probably NOT approve of guilting others into taking your crap as a way of decluttering!  I know my annoyance should be at my daughter for being a sucker, but I can't bring myself to fault her, when she's never irritating and sil almost always is!  Sorry.  I just had to vent!  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Aaagh!  I'm so irritated with my sister-in-law!  She just sold her house of 40 years, that was filled with the crap that goes with 40 years of living in a house.  She kept trying to guilt me into taking some of said crap - constant FB messages with pics suggesting we take this and that.  I remained steadfast in politely saying no.  She even tried to get me to take her parents' ashes, which she should have spread years ago. After mil passed 12 years ago, sil tried to foist off Mom's 1960s cabinet sewing machine (that doesn't work).  She convinced her own daughter-in-law to take it at that time, but dil no longer wants it.  SIL sent an email to me, my husband (her brother) and two of my daughters (who have modern, working sewing machines) and succeeded in guilting my middle daughter into taking it.  I'm guessing my daughter is feeling sentimental about her grandma and their shared love of sewing and crafts, but my daughter has no room in her crowded (with 5 kids including twin infants) house.  This sil has irritated me plenty over the years and I've always taken the high road, but this time I did let her know that I'm not pleased that my daughter is taking this item on.  I didn't say this part, but I've been seeing sil's posts on FB boasting about how brutal she's been in dispensing with her stuff.  Well!  Marie Kondo would probably NOT approve of guilting others into taking your crap as a way of decluttering!  I know my annoyance should be at my daughter for being a sucker, but I can't bring myself to fault her, when she's never irritating and sil almost always is!  Sorry.  I just had to vent!  

Venting noted!  Good one!  I would love another vintage sewing machine.  Too bad we are anonymous.  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, sixlets said:

We saw Penn & Teller in Vegas some years ago. It was a good show and I got to shake Penn's hand afterward. Vegas and New Orleans both have good, albeit different, food, so you can't go wrong with either!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Venting noted!  Good one!  I would love another vintage sewing machine.  Too bad we are anonymous.  

Thanks for the upbeat response, @lookeyloo.  It's nice to think that the piece has some value.  Anyway, SIL responded kindly and my daughter informed me that they just put an offer on a bigger home, so I guess they'll have room for it after all and I was venting over nothing!  Thanks for listening!  ☺️

• Love 11

So I went to a party at a friend's house this evening. Known her for years; we're former colleagues and I really like her. After seeing this, I love her:

warrantmat.thumb.jpg.2821bc2e64c41e07f0730da88e04b94a.jpg

Any other true crime show watchers around here? Because, I know those folks will get it. 😄

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So I went to a party at a friend's house this evening. Known her for years; we're former colleagues and I really like her. After seeing this, I love her:

warrantmat.thumb.jpg.2821bc2e64c41e07f0730da88e04b94a.jpg

Any other true crime show watchers around here? Because, I know those folks will get it. 😄

I like true crime!  Shows and podcasts.

• Love 1

I like true crime as well.  I go thru binges & sometimes I record the shows I'm watching.  I have a habit of nodding off during the last 15 minutes & never find out what happened to the bad guy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4