Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Inflammatory breast cancer shows up as extreme skin changes, a mammogram isn't needed, it is obvious to anyone that something is very wrong.  It is often not visible on mammograms. The skin becomes thickened and deeply red and it looks kind of like a breast infection, except that it is not tender like a breast infection would be. The skin changes are because the cancer spreads quickly into the lymphatic system and causes blockages there.  It grows rapidly.  I presume Andrea breast fed her kids and probably dealt with mastitis on more than one occasion.  It could be that she thought she had a breast infection and tried to treat herself with homeopathic remedies rather than antibiotics since she was averse to traditional medicine.

The first inflammatory breast cancer I ever saw was back when I was a resident.  A young woman in her 30's who had a baby about 8 months old.  Her doc was a family practitioner who liked 'natural remedies' although I don't know that he had any training in homeopathy.   He had done all sorts of stuff, including several courses of antibiotics, over 5 months or so before he finally sent her to see a general surgeon thinking she had an abscess that needed draining.  The surgeon diagnosed her without a biopsy (though, being actually competent, he did that too).  She died around the time her son had his first birthday.  It's a very, very virulent cancer and, even if caught early, is often fatal, but this lady didn't have a chance.

I suspect that the breast cancer had spread to her liver and blocked the bile ducts which is why they thought it had started there.  I would hope that somebody did a breast exam at some point before she died and the diagnosis was at least suspected though she obviously was too sick for it to have mattered by that point.  And, of course, they may have initially thought the enlarged lymph nodes were due to an infection or from cancer originating in the liver.

Thank you for this information! Very scary stuff.  

• Love 4

When we were in Montreal in July I saw this painting for the first time and found it captivating. It is much more magnetic in real life. 

James_Tissot,_Octobre.jpg

Edited by jcbrown
It's "Octobre" by James Tissot, FYI.
  • Love 14
On 7/8/2019 at 9:00 PM, galaxychaser said:

I’m losing my hair! I don’t know why... I’m devastated 

I have been for about 6 years now.  I've had my thyroid tested 8 ways to Sunday.  Dermatologist told me it's just female pattern baldness (in my case).  Hope you get good answers.  As for me, I'll staring down the Hair Club For Women (it exists) in a few years.  Scary.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

When we were in Montreal in July I saw this painting for the first time and found it captivating. It is much more magnetic in real life. 

James_Tissot,_Octobre.jpg

It's beautiful.  Who's the artist?

• Love 4

I remember we had a patient with inflammatory breast cancer when I worked at the OB gyn office.  It was in the advanced stage by the time she saw us & our nurse practitioner guessed what it was just by looking at her as @doodlebug described. The  patient thought it was just a breast skin issue & would go away on it's own.  Scary stuff.

8 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

It's called "Octobre" and it's by Jacques Joseph "James" Tissot. Painted in 1877. It is simply luminous in person.

I always enjoy learning about another artist.  I read that he was a mentor and friend of Degas.  All this is catnip to me!

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I have been for about 6 years now.  I've had my thyroid tested 8 ways to Sunday.  Dermatologist told me it's just female pattern baldness (in my case).  Hope you get good answers.  As for me, I'll staring down the Hair Club For Women (it exists) in a few years.  Scary.

My Mom lost all of her hair about 20yrs ago just due to female patterned baldness. For years she fought it with wigs and weaves (although she hates them). About 10yrs ago she went bald and has never been happier. She only pulls out wigs for special occasions or the depth of winter. 

Although my sister didn’t inherit the premature greying I did from our father, and of course she is not facially aging because she has no mental stresses (toddler brain means toddler troubles) at 31 her hair is THINNING. Badly. She never had super thick hair like me and it was a much looser curl, but it’s now thin thin thin. My mom went “damn I had hair at 31! But I guess she is my child after all.”

I know hair has a lot of emotional connection for many women, @galaxychaser you’ve gotta do what makes you feel confident. 

I have a confession to make...I really like word art. I actually liked it before it became a thing. One of my most beloved gifts is a plaque by Patrick Overton (When you've come to the edge..) that my best friend gave me after my husband passed away and I was teetering on the edge trying to deal with 5 special needs kids alone. The written word reaches me in a way that art or music reaches others. When I'm in a home where they've posted an "In this family we do..." piece of art, I expect that family to do those things. If they don't I'm disappointed and feel I've been lied to somehow. I knew my lawyer was right for me when I saw she had "Don't let the bastards get you down" in Latin as her scrolling screen saver.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I have a confession to make...I really like word art. I actually liked it before it became a thing. One of my most beloved gifts is a plaque by Patrick Overton (When you've come to the edge..) that my best friend gave me after my husband passed away and I was teetering on the edge trying to deal with 5 special needs kids alone. The written word reaches me in a way that art or music reaches others. When I'm in a home where they've posted an "In this family we do..." piece of art, I expect that family to do those things. If they don't I'm disappointed and feel I've been lied to somehow. I knew my lawyer was right for me when I saw she had "Don't let the bastards get you down" in Latin as her scrolling screen saver.

There are some Bruce prints that I covet especially anything with Thunder Road.   

• Love 4
19 hours ago, louannems said:

At first, after the 41 year old Andrea died after a three DAY illness, the doctors told them she most likely had aggressive metastatic bile duct cancer.  But she died before imaging and testing could be finished.

Today, on Tom's latest video, he said the pathology report came back and she did not die from biliary duct cancer.  She definitely died from aggressive inflammatory breast cancer.  Tom said the doctors told him with this type of breast cancer, there is no palpable lump, nor does it show on a mammogram.

But Google says there is a puckering/thickness on the skin which does show on mammogram, which would lead to further imaging and testing and earlier treatment.

Also, Andrea had had noticably enlarged neck lymph nodes for a while.  Even my dentist checks those every six months when I go in.

Andrea's severe dislike and distrust of doctors and dentists may have cost her such an early death, leaving behind nine kids.  She treated herself with homemade herbal ointments for her severe backache all summer.  And it was probably her cancerous kidneys and liver and who knows what else.

Wow. Thanks for the update. I guess she was filled with cancer everywhere. 

I read that Andrea's mom died of breast cancer.  She vehemently said she would never do chemo after what her mom went through and still died. 

Cancer is so damn evil. I'm sure Andrea was traumatized from her mother's cancer, which led to her distrust of doctors which led to her to not seek medical help. 

@doodlebug  Andrea was breastfeeding a 9 month old. She probably assumed she had mastitis. So sad. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

So, great news to report. The Great Kitchen Remodel of 2019 is complete! It is GORGEOUS! And even better news, we are picking up new puppy next weekend! SQUEE!!!!

So happy for you, Westiepeach! Would love to see a picture of your Westie fur baby when you get him/her.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

There are some Bruce prints that I covet especially anything with Thunder Road.   

'Screen door slams, Mary's dress waves. Like a vision, she dances across the porch as the radio plays. Roy Orbison's singin' for the lonely.  Hey that's me and I want you only'

Pure poetry, probably my favorite song ever.

• Love 4
On 9/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, Marigold said:

Wow. Thanks for the update. I guess she was filled with cancer everywhere. 

I read that Andrea's mom died of breast cancer.  She vehemently said she would never do chemo after what her mom went through and still died. 

Cancer is so damn evil. I'm sure Andrea was traumatized from her mother's cancer, which led to her distrust of doctors which led to her to not seek medical help. 

@doodlebug  Andrea was breastfeeding a 9 month old. She probably assumed she had mastitis. So sad. 

I didn't realise she had breast cancer. 

I feel so sorry for her family and that she didn't get to have more of a good-bye. 

On the other hand, I'm still angry about all the hate and lies she spread. She spread poisonous conspiracy theories on her channel (usually about national tragedies).

Hopefully her family will change now.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/5/2019 at 10:32 PM, BitterApple said:

Maybelline FitMe is pretty decent. It's more of a medium coverage, but you could probably build it to full if you wanted. I used to love Revlon Colorstay, but somewhere along the lines I think they changed the formula and it oxidizes horribly after a few hours of wear. 

Thanks for mentioning the FitMe!  I ended up with it in the lightest shade Target had, and it works great.  It was only $5.99, and I'm cheap.  I took a peek at Wet 'n Wild, but I just can't support them as a business anymore.  I also didn't have it in me to go to Sephora.  It's in a 4-story mall with garage parking only, and I had no desire to deal with it.  The FitMe should last until this time next year when I'll restock!  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, sixlets said:

Thanks for mentioning the FitMe!  I ended up with it in the lightest shade Target had, and it works great.  It was only $5.99, and I'm cheap.  I took a peek at Wet 'n Wild, but I just can't support them as a business anymore.  I also didn't have it in me to go to Sephora.  It's in a 4-story mall with garage parking only, and I had no desire to deal with it.  The FitMe should last until this time next year when I'll restock!  

I'm glad it worked out for you! 

• Love 1

Okay, I have a really dumb question regarding foundation.  How do you apply liquid foundation? I have only ever used pressed powder foundation, using a big kabuki brush or the little puff that comes with it. But lately my powder foundation is wearing off parts of my face faster (nose and chin) and I think I need to look into something a little heavier. Should I just go to Sephora and have them show me? 

3 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Okay, I have a really dumb question regarding foundation.  How do you apply liquid foundation? I have only ever used pressed powder foundation, using a big kabuki brush or the little puff that comes with it. But lately my powder foundation is wearing off parts of my face faster (nose and chin) and I think I need to look into something a little heavier. Should I just go to Sephora and have them show me? 

Go to Sephora and find someone who is wearing foundation properly show you.

I use the little sponges to apply foundation evenly but my foundation tended to be on the heavy side because of performing for several years.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Yes, go to Sephora for tips. Generally you can use just your finger tips, a foundation brush (a good investment, and Sephora’s own brand of brushes are reasonably priced), a makeup sponge (white triangle for single use, get them at any drugstore) or a Beauty Blender (or a knock off brand), which is a tear dropped-shaped colorful sponge. I prefer a small kabuki brush; mine’s from Sigma (bought at Nordstrom).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

With liquid foundations,  I have used brushes, a beauty blender knockoff and my fingers.  I actually prefer using my fingers and blending it in with either a brush or a damp sponge (the beauty blender knockoff).  I find the heat of my fingers helps to melt the foundation into my skin, and brushes waste too much product. 

Have you tried using a primer under your powder foundation?  I find they make my foundation last longer, even thd cheap stuff. 

• Love 2

Thanks, everyone! Looks like a trip to Sephora is coming up. 

Ohiopirate02, I do use a primer. I have combination skin and large pores so I need a good base for my foundation. I alternate between Benefit's Porefessional and Maybelline Baby Skin. I love makeup I'm just no good at picking colors and products myself, lol!

It's so funny to see the Maybelline Baby Skin mentioned by emma.  I found that at my neighborhood grocery store yesterday on clearance for $1.99.  I tried it with the FitMe over top of it, and it looks like I got a winning combo for less than $8.50 🤑

• Love 9

This latest conversation hits a big problem I have. The older I get (and ('m 60 now), the more I just dislike the way foundation in general looks on my face. My skin is not bad at all wrinkle-wise, but I have the beginnings of under-eye bags in the Margaret Rutherford style (just look her up - she had a wonderful face, but those bags are not something I want to deal with until I have no other choice), and, even more problematic for the moment, age spots which I seem to have inherited from both sides of the family. I've never been a huge outdoor person, but seem to have accumulated enough damage in that pigmentation vein to rather age me. But foundation only camouflages it for a short period of time - probably less than an hour - before it begins looking harsh, and, overall, I feel as though foundation which lets some of the natural variations in my skin tone through is more flattering, but I'd like to hide a couple of the major blotches while still maintaining that natural allover look. But I can't find any sort of concealer which looks natural with natural skin around it, or which can be built up in places while remaining translucent in others without telltale boundaries.

Maybe I just need to deal with the fact that at 60, you can either choose to embrace your age naturally or look impressive as long as no one sees you from less than six feet away. But I'd sure like to find an alternative that would last me for at least a few more years...

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

This latest conversation hits a big problem I have. The older I get (and ('m 60 now), the more I just dislike the way foundation in general looks on my face. My skin is not bad at all wrinkle-wise, but I have the beginnings of under-eye bags in the Margaret Rutherford style (just look her up - she had a wonderful face, but those bags are not something I want to deal with until I have no other choice), and, even more problematic for the moment, age spots which I seem to have inherited from both sides of the family. I've never been a huge outdoor person, but seem to have accumulated enough damage in that pigmentation vein to rather age me. But foundation only camouflages it for a short period of time - probably less than an hour - before it begins looking harsh, and, overall, I feel as though foundation which lets some of the natural variations in my skin tone through is more flattering, but I'd like to hide a couple of the major blotches while still maintaining that natural allover look. But I can't find any sort of concealer which looks natural with natural skin around it, or which can be built up in places while remaining translucent in others without telltale boundaries.

Maybe I just need to deal with the fact that at 60, you can either choose to embrace your age naturally or look impressive as long as no one sees you from less than six feet away. But I'd sure like to find an alternative that would last me for at least a few more years...

62 here, I've got pretty unwrinkled skin for my age but I do have sun spots which tend to be weird shapes and make my face look dirty.  I feel like regular foundation sits on the surface and brings out the wrinkles and just generally looks unnatural.  Instead, for the past few years, I use tinted moisturizers or BB cream (beauty balm) over my face along with inexpensive concealer over the really dark areas.  It isn't perfect, but it looks a lot more natural to me. I work under fluorescent lights and frequently get compliments on my nice complexion.

I really like Stila BB cream, it has some sort of 'illuminator' thingy in it which I think makes my skin look nice.  I get it at Ulta or Amazon.  It ain't cheap, but I use it daily and a tube lasts me around 4 months.  I apply with my fingers, paying special attention to the discolored areas.  I've used cheaper ones, but Stila just works better for me and I use less of it, so I think it ends up a wash pricewise.

Currently, I'm using a Cover Girl concealer that works just fine.  I've used more expensive ones, but haven't really found one I thought was any better than the drugstore stuff.

I only use powder to set my makeup when I am going out at night.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I would try changing up your skincare.  I have had good results with a daily vitamin c serum and azelaic acid along with an AHA to help get rid of redness.  I am very pale and my skin stays red long after a pimple clears up.  The azelaic acid really helps with the redness.  I like The Ordinary for these because their products are cheap, nothing is more than 20 bucks.  For stubborn hyperpigmentation,  hydroquinone works.

• Love 3

I'm suuuper pale and IPL has been my best friend since my 30s. It's a laser treatment that targets redness and brown spots and it takes my dermatologist about 15 minutes to do. I go in every 6 months for a touch up. They can use a numbing cream so you don't feel anything but I have a high pain tolerance so it's no big deal to me. 

I'll also admit to filler under my eyes to help with my bags--I've always had hollows under my eyes and then after I was diagnosed with thyroid disease, the puffy bags just showed up and never left. The filler doesn't totally solve the problem but it helps until it gets to the point where I'll have to decide if I want surgery. 

• Love 2

you guys make me laugh.....at 63 (and 62, 61, 60...) i gave up all makeup except brow liner.  i used to do the whole schmeel but realized that my eyes itch too much for makeup. as for foundation - that has pretty much always been a no-go for me. i do have decent skin most days so cetaphil moisterizer and eyebrows are about it!  oh and burts bees moisturizer chapstick.  plain jane over here...

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, zoomama said:

you guys make me laugh.....at 63 (and 62, 61, 60...) i gave up all makeup except brow liner.  i used to do the whole schmeel but realized that my eyes itch too much for makeup. as for foundation - that has pretty much always been a no-go for me. i do have decent skin most days so cetaphil moisterizer and eyebrows are about it!  oh and burts bees moisturizer chapstick.  plain jane over here...

You can count on your hand the amount of times that I wear makeup per year. My eyebrows are so pale that I’d like to be able to make them stand out a wee bit (to highlight my eyes), but am a dummy as far as makeup (and hairstyling) goes. I have found a brow product that looks and acts like a mascara for them and it helps. I was never able to pluck or wax them (no pain threshold), but have discovered threading. It feels like a rough shave, but no pain at all. 

I like the Cetaphil face cleaning foam, but Burt’s Bees make my lips worse. My point was to let you know that you aren’t the only person who’s not trying to put a face on for the public. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, zoomama said:

I have loved makeup ever since my godmother gave me a large eyeshadow palette as a kid.  I grew to love skincare as a result.  I am a pale blonde, so eyeliner, mascara and brows are essential, but the rest is just pure fun.  I love waking up every morning and deciding which version of myself I want to show the world today.  There have been times where I use my makeup to mask the shit I was going through, but it has never felt like a chore.  I do believe in doing what you love, and wearing makeup is that for me.  

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, zoomama said:

54 minutes ago, zoomama said:

This is me, especially the bit about itchy eyes. Which is a drag because I love eyeliner but it’s a lost cause. I use Neutrogena gel moisturizer and that’s it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

You can count on your hand the amount of times that I wear makeup per year. My eyebrows are so pale that I’d like to be able to make them stand out a wee bit (to highlight my eyes), but am a dummy as far as makeup (and hairstyling) goes. I have found a brow product that looks and acts like a mascara for them and it helps. I was never able to pluck or wax them (no pain threshold), but have discovered threading. It feels like a rough shave, but no pain at all. 

I like the Cetaphil face cleaning foam, but Burt’s Bees make my lips worse. My point was to let you know that you aren’t the only person who’s not trying to put a face on for the public. 

Oh, I can frequently go for weeks without bothering to wear makeup, but for the times that I do, I want to make sure that it's done right. I've always loved makeup and its ability to completely change someone's look, but it was never what I would call a necessity to me. Mostly these days, when I do bother, it's just brow tint, mascara, a touch of blush and a touch of lip color. I've pretty much given up on eye shadow entirely. It would be nice, though, to find that foundation which would really work to even my skin tone without making it so even that it becomes masklike. I prefer looking real, even if that means mostly shrugging off my facial flaws as something I'd rather live with than look as though I'm desperately trying to hide them.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

If you want your brows to stand out, consider microblading.  It is like tiny tattoo marks put onto the eyebrow area and it lasts for up to 3 years.  You don't have to do anything but go for the original appointment which lasts a couple of hours and then return for touch ups every now and then.  When I had mine done, they used a topical anesthetic on the area and all I felt was a little pressure.  It costs several hundred bucks, but works like a charm.  Makes a huge difference, especially when I am not wearing makeup.

As a teen, I had thick, dark brows, practically a unibrow.  I had to pluck them religiously to get them under control.  Over time, they've gotten sparser and sparser, not to mention turning mostly gray; to the point where my brows looked patchy and moth eaten.  A friend who underwent chemo and lost her brows to it recommended the microblading and I must say, it costs a bit, but it does the trick.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have loved makeup ever since my godmother gave me a large eyeshadow palette as a kid.  I grew to love skincare as a result.  I am a pale blonde, so eyeliner, mascara and brows are essential, but the rest is just pure fun.  I love waking up every morning and deciding which version of myself I want to show the world today.  There have been times where I use my makeup to mask the shit I was going through, but it has never felt like a chore.  I do believe in doing what you love, and wearing makeup is that for me.  

Ditto. I love wearing makeup, it's my small way of being creative (artistically, at least, I'm a corporate writer by trade). I can apply it just fine, but I do have to have help picking out colors that look good and complement my skin. It's a good thing I do enjoy makeup since I look like something from the Walking Dead without it. 

I'm of the opinion that women should do whatever they want to feel good about themselves. Whether that's wearing makeup, not wearing any makeup, coloring their hair, plastic surgery, whatever, it should be a personal choice. I get tired of seeing people on the internet (not here!) criticizing women for their appearances. If it makes a woman happy or confident to do it, and it's not hurting anyone else, why not? With the way the world is lately, we have to find happiness and little bits of joy anywhere we can. On the flip side, I do worry about little girls who see heavily edited images on social media and think that's reality or an ideal to aspire to. I see pics on Instagram that I know for sure are Photoshopped and I still find myself wondering if I could look like that. It's a weird age we live in.

I think I need to put the Starbucks down, lol.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Ditto. I love wearing makeup, it's my small way of being creative (artistically, at least, I'm a corporate writer by trade). I can apply it just fine, but I do have to have help picking out colors that look good and complement my skin. It's a good thing I do enjoy makeup since I look like something from the Walking Dead without it. 

I'm of the opinion that women should do whatever they want to feel good about themselves. Whether that's wearing makeup, not wearing any makeup, coloring their hair, plastic surgery, whatever, it should be a personal choice. I get tired of seeing people on the internet (not here!) criticizing women for their appearances. If it makes a woman happy or confident to do it, and it's not hurting anyone else, why not? With the way the world is lately, we have to find happiness and little bits of joy anywhere we can. On the flip side, I do worry about little girls who see heavily edited images on social media and think that's reality or an ideal to aspire to. I see pics on Instagram that I know for sure are Photoshopped and I still find myself wondering if I could look like that. It's a weird age we live in.

I follow Jameela Jamil (actress on NBC's The Good Place) and her activism is centered on calling out the pervasiveness of photoshop and trick lightning in pictures.  I appreciate it because it is really over the top.  She asked NBC not to photoshop her body on their promotional pictures for the new season.  She has back fat, cellulite, and dark spot and does not want that to be hidden in order to sell an impossible ideal.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I seldom go in public without makeup, which includes foundation, eyebrow pencil or gel, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and lipstick.It's all done with a light touch and I don't look very made up.  I'm old (never mind how old) and I've been doing this a long time.

I agree that makeup or not is a personal choice.  One thing that concerns me is plastic surgery done to look young that instead makes women look grotesque.  There is some skillful plastic surgery that subtlety probably does do as intended, but I see pictures of celebrities who are utterly wrecked.  Even some who are praised for how they look, for example Christy Brinkley, really don't look right.  Their faces may look good for a still picture but don't move right. I'd like women to focus on good skin care and flattering makeup and forget any idea that they can look 25 forever.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I seldom go in public without makeup, which includes foundation, eyebrow pencil or gel, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and lipstick.It's all done with a light touch and I don't look very made up.  I'm old (never mind how old) and I've been doing this a long time.

I agree that makeup or not is a personal choice.  One thing that concerns me is plastic surgery done to look young that instead makes women look grotesque.  There is some skillful plastic surgery that subtlety probably does do as intended, but I see pictures of celebrities who are utterly wrecked.  Even some who are praised for how they look, for example Christy Brinkley, really don't look right.  Their faces may look good for a still picture but don't move right. I'd like women to focus on good skin care and flattering makeup and forget any idea that they can look 25 forever.

I agree with you. And christy Brinkley touts her exfoliation system as what keeps her looking that way. Ha!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I agree with you. And christy Brinkley touts her exfoliation system as what keeps her looking that way. Ha!!

She's obviously stuffed full of fillers and then lies about it.  Exfoliating, yeah, that's the ticket.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Awwww thanks, barb, and everyone else who has been so sweet!!! I truly do believe that I was meant to have this job!!! I am so happy, but soooo

ooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooo

oooooooooooooooooo tired. 😂

I've been going to bed between 8 and 9, because I have to get up so early, and I really want to feel rested! This school starts at 7:15 am. I know I will get used to the schedule, though!

I'm loving my job, but the day when I'm used to the schedule can't come too soon! It's 7:45 pm, and I'm about to nod off. Good night! 😜

I hear you. I am by no means a morning person but for the last few years when I was working I had to be in meetings with my European colleagues at 7 AM most days, meaning I got up at 5 to be on the road by 5:30 to be at work by 6:30 AM. It was brutal but amazingly you do get used to it. I still feel like a slacker if I am not upstairs in bed by like 8:30 or 9, even though I can watch mindless TV rather than go straight to sleep now.

You'll get there. Congrats on finding a great job!

• Love 3

I don't wear makeup either. I am really sensitive to products--still will never forget the allergic reaction I had to freaking Oil of Olay moisturizer a few years ago--so I use a mixture of Cetaphil cleanser and Burts Bees products (but only from the sensitive or acne lines because some of their products cause reactions for me, too).  I can wear lipstick but very rarely do. 

I was intrigued by someone on here mentioning The Ordinary. Someone literally recommended that line to me on another website last week, so I will have to give their stuff a try. Here's hoping I don't have a reaction. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2