Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

@doodlebug that’s so cool that you listened to CKLW too. I forget who close Detroit and Cleveland actually are with that big lake in the way.  

I grew up in CKLW tv too. The Jingles show and curling (!!) on Saturday mornings. I was so sad when I moved our here and there was no Canadian TV. 

• Love 3

Marigold, I know you also enjoy watching Andrea Mills on her YouTube vlog.  Tom, her husband, did a short video update today. 

Evidently, Andrea is 13 weeks pregnant with #10, not feeling well and in pain, and went to get checked out.  She needed gallbladder surgery, during which the doctor saw an inflamed liver.  She was airlifted from Wyoming to Denver, Co.  They have found metastatic cancer in her liver and gallbladder but have not yet discovered the primary source.  She is waiting to have imaging scans.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:43 AM, Temperance said:

So good to hear from you, my friend! I, too, seem to be down these days. Hope we both feel better! And that everyone else on this forum finds comfort, who needs it. 

@Temperance,   I thank you for pulling me back in...I've missed this friendly forum. I hope you feel better soon too.

Two of my daughters kind of forced me to go to downtown Chicago to the Goodman Theater with them tonight to see the play The Music Man, and I had the BEST time!  Three of my granddaughters went with, and they loved it. Actually, come to think of it, my teenage granddaughters took US...and we had awesome seats that were each worth $128..that we got for $5 each. (But my oldest daughter always finds these great perks because she's a Girl Scout Leader and a Veteran, and then she tells the kids about them.)

Here's the info for anyone else in Illinois (not just Chicago) to sign up their teenagers, and then they can take YOU to great professional plays...cheap! (they're trying to instill a love of the arts in younger people, and also make sure kids who maybe couldn't afford it otherwise can go.)

https://teenartspass.urbangateways.org/

PS The Music Man got a standing ovation 🙂

PPS I almost didn't jump back into posting because I'm sure I've missed SO much  of everyone's good and bad news...but I'm just going to hold my breath and close my eyes and do it. (I'll try to read backwards more tomorrow..it's almost 4am now)

My kids are bad influences..dragging their old mom all over Chicago 😊💗

• Love 17

My kids first concert was last week--Queen with Adam Lambert. They had a blast! That's going to be a hard one to top. I'm not a big one for concerts, but I've been to Paul McCartney and the Billy Joel/Elton John concert. But they're so loud and it's so late and the traffic is so bad. Blergh. Weirdly, sitting in the traffic after seeing a play doesn't bother me as much. But that takes forever, too.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, frenchtoast said:

My kids first concert was last week--Queen with Adam Lambert. They had a blast! That's going to be a hard one to top. I'm not a big one for concerts, but I've been to Paul McCartney and the Billy Joel/Elton John concert. But they're so loud and it's so late and the traffic is so bad. Blergh. Weirdly, sitting in the traffic after seeing a play doesn't bother me as much. But that takes forever, too.

I'm not cut out for rock concerts, I guess. I've been to precious few - all I can even think of is a Genesis concert I went to during my college years, and an Eagles concert I went to with my cousins from England last year. Plus a couple of Neil Diamond concerts in the 80's, which were probably a bit more sedate than the typical "rock" concert, and a Dan Fogelberg, which definitely was! LOL. Most of the concerts I've ever attended have been of the symphonic variety, so I guess I'm a bit of a fuddy-duddy.

I was actually tempted to try for tickets to a Queen/Adam Lambert concert a couple of years ago, but the tickets flew out of the box office before I could even get through. But, in reality, after the Eagles concert I'm not sure I really would appreciate that sort of thing anyway. I'm not comfortable in either crowds or with loud noise, and concerts seem comprised of little else. No matter how much I might like the music, it sounds better to me safely at home, and even though there is something to be said about the "live" experience, I find that seeing it more or less wholly via the jumbotron doesn't really make me feel any closer than seeing it on a TV screen. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not cut out for rock concerts, I guess. I've been to precious few - all I can even think of is a Genesis concert I went to during my college years, and an Eagles concert I went to with my cousins from England last year. Plus a couple of Neil Diamond concerts in the 80's, which were probably a bit more sedate than the typical "rock" concert, and a Dan Fogelberg, which definitely was! LOL. Most of the concerts I've ever attended have been of the symphonic variety, so I guess I'm a bit of a fuddy-duddy.

I was actually tempted to try for tickets to a Queen/Adam Lambert concert a couple of years ago, but the tickets flew out of the box office before I could even get through. But, in reality, after the Eagles concert I'm not sure I really would appreciate that sort of thing anyway. I'm not comfortable in either crowds or with loud noise, and concerts seem comprised of little else. No matter how much I might like the music, it sounds better to me safely at home, and even though there is something to be said about the "live" experience, I find that seeing it more or less wholly via the jumbotron doesn't really make me feel any closer than seeing it on a TV screen. 

I prefer to go to concerts in outdoor amphitheaters over indoor arenas.  The sound is better.  I agree that the crowds can be too much if you get floor seats, and if I'm going to have to use the jumbotron to see the artist, I'm better off staying at home.  Sports arenas are built for sporting events and not concerts, the metal roof does nothing for the sound.   That's my one complaint about the concert I went to last month, the sound was off because I was in the upper level.  

• Love 2

I hear you @Jynnan tonnix& @Ohiopirate02. I'd rather see a band that isn't so famous anymore in a  smaller venue at this point in my life.  There are exceptions of course.

Mr. Barb is a huge Beach Boys fan & still follows all the separate groups since they disbanded the original group. We saw Al Jardine's Postcards from California tour at a small club in Annapolis a few weeks ago.  It was great & we had a ball.  Al said he loves performing at smaller venues because he can interact more with the audience.  He even acknowledged my hand made sign during the concert & I doubt that would have happened if we were in a larger place with a more popular singer.  

My first concert was a large one. I was one of the over 500,000 that saw the Beach Boys on July 4, 1980 on the Washington Monument grounds in DC.  Even though we were packed in like sardines, it was a great time.

• Love 4

It’s official- I offered the new caregiver M the job Thursday night and she accepted. Her start date is Sept 4. My Mom told G that M accepted the job and G’s last day would be August 30th. G is very much at peace with everything, she’s tired and needs to focus on her health, but she said that she would give M her phone number and if she had any questions or concerns M could text her any time (I thought that was really nice). 

I am feeling all the feelings guys. Every day with my sister has been ground hog’s day for decades now and the world just changes around her. Our great aunt (to was our nanny growing up) is dead, Mrs B who cared for my sister and grandfather is now dead, G is leaving after 16yrs, it’s the circle of life y’all. The caregivers are getting younger and we just get older. 

My Mom had concerns about M’s age and that she doesn’t have a car (and doesn’t drive), but my sister liked her SO MUCH I think it will be a great fit. 

I expressed to M that we very much understood that this was her livelihood, and we respected her time and the work she put into the job (aka we know you are not here for free your check won’t be late). 

Oh- remember the shady lady who rescheduled because of the family reunion? My sister never looked at her. Never faced her. BAD SIGN. NOPE. 

34 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I have never been to a concert. 😭😭😭 I wanted to see Backstreet Boys a few days ago. $120 for the cheapest seats can’t afford that.

I saw the Backstreet Boys when they were in Chicago last week and it was awesome. I had those $120 nose bleed seats and it was a CLIMB. I thought “$120 for THIS?!!!” When it comes to mega venues like that I would rather watch on tv. Smaller venues are better IMO. 

• Love 13
On 8/1/2019 at 12:57 PM, Christina87 said:

I GOT OFFERED THE JOB!!!!!! I just went to the charter school interview, and they offered it on the spot! I am sooooo excited!!! The private school said they'd let me know Monday, and the charter school was understanding about that. If I get both, it will really be a tough decision, because I really like them both! Either way, I have a job!!! I am so elated right now, and relieved! I'll get to teach music every day, doing what I love!

fireworks GIF

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Zella said:

It's funny, actually, since I like so much rock (and, well, a lot of genres, to be honest.) But the only concerts I've ever attended are orchestral. I'm really introverted, and though my mind likes the idea of attending a concert, my mind is also freaked out by the idea of all the other people who will be there.

Interesting!  As a performer in string sections of all types of orchestras, I've performed countless times and have attended a similar number of concerts, plays, musicals, etc.  I get what you said.   The only non classical type I've attended were seeing Johnny and June Carter probably 35 years ago when I was visiting my parents and about 7 years ago, two Dolly Parton concerts during her same tour in two different cities because .....

Though, when it comes to mingling with the masses,  I've attended a LOT of sporting events from pro down to Lutheran grade school C team basketball, LOL.  These last few years, I don't enjoy attending anything where kids and  people mill around.  But with my youngest nephew just starting 5th grade football,  I'll have to figure out some new coping skills.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 3

Happy birthday, @Happyfatchick! We've all missed you around here.

My husband and I will be seeing the Rolling Stones tomorrow night for the second time. This time, it's in an outdoor stadium. Last time was an indoor arena. We shall see how it differs.

My brush with musical fame (other than being a street musician in NYC a long time ago and once having a track on an album) is having been kissed by Graham Nash at a concert in the late 90s (platonically, not passionately).

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Zella said:

It's funny, actually, since I like so much rock (and, well, a lot of genres, to be honest.) But the only concerts I've ever attended are orchestral. I'm really introverted, and though my mind likes the idea of attending a concert, my mind is also freaked out by the idea of all the other people who will be there.

You don’t have to be extroverted to enjoy concerts. Concerts and movies are perfect for introverts. Get your ticket, your drink (if you’d like), sit in your seat and ENJOY. You don’t have to interact with the other patrons at all. 

• Love 8

I have the sniffles. I was tired all week for some reason, and then Thursday I felt “the tickle” in my throat. Now I’m just sneezing and sneezing, watching TV and resting. My Mom went to Costco, so I had to unload all her items and deal with my sister, glad to be back at my house and resting. The laundry is in the basement- I’ll deal with it tomorrow. I sneeze I sneeze. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have the sniffles. I was tired all week for some reason, and then Thursday I felt “the tickle” in my throat. Now I’m just sneezing and sneezing, watching TV and resting. My Mom went to Costco, so I had to unload all her items and deal with my sister, glad to be back at my house and resting. The laundry is in the basement- I’ll deal with it tomorrow. I sneeze I sneeze. 

I call that the Throat of Doooooom. It always portends the worst. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I would have loved to see Genesis live. What a creative band. I just won’t do arena shows anymore. The sound’s not great and you’re too far back and it’s just way to much walking for me. I’m disabled but ambulatory and there’s never any place to sit and rest in a stadium. I’m all about the tiny venue. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I have never been to a concert. 😭😭😭 I wanted to see Backstreet Boys a few days ago. $120 for the cheapest seats can’t afford that.

You have my sympathies. I'm was in the same boat, except I really wish I had sucked it up and gone anyway! 

• Love 3

Thinking about all this. I have seen a ton of concerts, in all different genres. In no particular order... John Denver, Barry Manilow, The BeeGees, Journey, Carole King, James Taylor, Gloria Estafon and the Miami Sound Machine, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Michael Stanley, Hall and Oates, Doobie Brothers, Beach Boys, Steely Dan, Bruce Springsteen, Charlie Daniels... and I’m sure more I can’t remember. Cleveland, Ohio girl here. We have/had Agora, The Front Row Theater, Blossom Music Center, Richfield Coliseum, the old Browns Stadium, the Q, Gund Arena, Rocket Mortgage Arena (or whatever it’s called now). Lots of concert options!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You don’t have to be extroverted to enjoy concerts. Concerts and movies are perfect for introverts. Get your ticket, your drink (if you’d like), sit in your seat and ENJOY. You don’t have to interact with the other patrons at all. 

True, but I find it really exhausting to be around crowds, even if I don't interact with them. Like, I have to take a nap after going to the store because it wears me out so bad. LOL

That honestly might border on social anxiety beyond introversion--I don't know. 

I did go to the movies for the first time in years earlier this year and enjoyed it a bit more than I thought I would. (Movie theaters are another place that tend to freak me out--surrounded by strangers. Like a personal vision of hell.) But I went during the day on a weekday, and that helped since it wasn't packed. 

So, I've decided to make an effort to go to the movies when I am interested in the movie. The Lighthouse has me suitably intrigued, and I have a couple of months to psych myself up for going to see it. 

I might be able to work myself up to going to a non-classical concert eventually. 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10

Hi guys, I've been gone awhile, waiting for Hubby to finally start and finish his radiation. Big hugs to all of you dealing with your own illnesses and that of your families. @DragonFaerie, I did raise my glass along with everyone else to your dear hubby. The family members who couldn't be bothered to come don't deserve to be called family. I wish only love and peace for you now. 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Everything in the garden growing like weeds (including the actual weeds!), but this is a tomato plant which is way up over my head (I'm 5'3").

And sunflowers which were supposed to be of the 5-7' height...

68443983_10157307062282778_340641230704607232_n.jpg

68586206_10157307063207778_690237309307584512_n.jpg

Looks like paradise. My dream is to live somewhere that green/nature! 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

This is why I only do one (expensive) concert a year, if that. Ticket prices for major concerts are outrageous. I am shocked at the amount of people who pay for floor seats but spend half the concert going to and from concession for alcohol. Some of the packages for floor seats start at 300 and can go upwards of 700 dollars for less popular artists. I can't imagine what Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande cost for the VIP treatment. I wanted to see Ariana on this concert tour but it was nearly 300 for seats in the nosebleeds. No thank you, next.

One of my friends did buy nosebleed seats to see Drake a couple years ago. The show hadn't sold out and his team didn't want him performing to a half sold out floor seats. People sitting up in the nosebleeds at that particular concert were upgraded to the floor.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jjane said:

Hi guys, I've been gone awhile, waiting for Hubby to finally start and finish his radiation. Big hugs to all of you dealing with your own illnesses and that of your families. @DragonFaerie, I did raise my glass along with everyone else to your dear hubby. The family members who couldn't be bothered to come don't deserve to be called family. I wish only love and peace for you now. 

@DragonFaerie, and everyone else...same sentiments from me. 

I sincerely mean it, just don't have the oomph yet to write it so I'm tagging onto to @jjane 's message (hope you don't mind)

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Everything in the garden growing like weeds (including the actual weeds!), but this is a tomato plant which is way up over my head (I'm 5'3").

And sunflowers which were supposed to be of the 5-7' height...

@Jynnan tonnix, you look GREAT!  Are you feeling good too?  I don’t think your sunflowers read the directions on the package.

just came by for a quickie (👵) because there’s a story.  I’m changing my bedding.  Changing The Bedding with adult ADD is SO MUCH MORE than the actual “changing of bedding”.  It is usually a minimum weeklong process.  It’s not like I can open a bag and switch out a duvet and shams, wash and pack  the old stuff and be done.  Oh noooooooo.   If I change bedding in the guest room (full bed), I buy king - cut off the extra and make pillows or the scarf on the end of the bed.

THIS bedding... is a white quilt and came with a whole bag o’ goodies to cut up and play with.  I’ve made 2 great big buffalo check pillows from stuff already here, taken apart one of the pillows included to put in a zipper and embroider an initial on it.  Cut out a black scarf thing for the end of the bed and am about to go downstairs and embroider paisleys in white and peacock all over it (peacock being my alternate color in that room.... for now...).   I’m also making a black pillow to match the scarf thing that will be incorporated into the pillows at the front of the bed.  Isn’t this FUN?????

Changing The Bedding day around here roughly equals choosing, applying for and moving a child off to college for other people.  And it happens  at least once a season.  😶  I am THAT person.  I have THAT much creative explosion going on in my brain at all times.  I am literally unable to walk into a room, look at a garden, see still life, look at photography, watch a performance, sit through an awards ceremony (or really, a presentation of any kind) without my brain taking it ALLLLL apart and “making it better”.  There is no vanilla in my world.  

Which all makes my husband instantly morph into Lurch.  I swear, on the first day of “Changing The Bedding” day, he begins to communicate in “Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggh” and won’t speak English again until he believes the transition has been safely completed.  Probably sometime in September.  

And that’s sad... September... because I’m sort of getting that vague itch that it could be around September when Changing the Bedding day will need to happen in the guest room, which is currently very springy.  

Im sure there will be pics!  (And every reader collectively just went “Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggh”

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4

Oh! In other news... i am always on mission to find the BRA.  The bra I’ve needed all my life.  The bra that will magically point the girls where they belong (defying gravity).  I’ve had torpedo boobs since 8th grade and have perpetually been searching for MY magic bra since I could drive.

i recently narrowed my options, sat on it, diagramed it, pro/conned it, worried over it, piecharted it - any option I took was going to be basically a day trip.  I ended up at LiviRae, in Kennessaw, Georgia.  The reason I’m reporting this is because one of the owners of LiviRae was on 90 Day Fiancé  few seasons back.  I did NOT want to go there, as my impression was dark gaudy rooms and sex toys.  But the reviews were good and it looked like a relatively doable drive, so off I went.

Ladies:  if you live in the Atlanta area, this might be for you.  I was wrong wrong wrong about the darkness and sex toys.  (I mean, maybe I didn’t see that part...).  If you go, make an appointment, they are a busy shop.   It’s clean and cute - maybe just a tiny bit velvet and boudoir, but not over the top.  My “person” met me, shook my hand, never even gave me a once-over saying she was sizing me up.  I never sAw a tape measure.  She put me in a dressing room and came back in 10 minutes with 3 styles of bras, and they FIT!!!!  I was having shades of “Pretty Woman” right then.  

I went in wearing a 44-DD.  Came out wearing the correct size (I’m guessing for the first time since 8th grade...).  38-I.  As in 38-👁

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggh

Im not even 5’2.  I should have road burn, right?

ps:  this is the NEW me; I turned all thoughtful and serious with 60.

Also, I met Mollie. She talks EXACTLY like she did on TV, no affect for cameras.  She’s very sweet and very business minded, and I’m pretty sure I’m doing some embroidery business with them in the future.  I’m supposed to spend the day with Olivia (the daughter, who I also met) and teach her to use an embroidery machine they already have.  We’re bartering it out

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

HFC, your post is so timely because I've been needing new bras for a while. I've gone down a size and now nothing fits. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to find a good place in a major city like Dallas but I'm stumped. I've tried Nordstrom's but it wasn't great, I'm thinking maybe Soma now. I haaaate bra shopping!

• Love 9

I've had really good luck with ThirdLove. I used their online fit finder and trusted it when it took me from a 38DDD to a 36F. These are the most comfortable and best-fitting bras I've ever worn. And the straps stay up! I'm converted and I never had to step into a store.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

@Happyfatchick glad you found a good bra! So many women go up in band and too small in cup size because that’s what’s in stores. If I had a dollar for how many times I heard a woman say she was a DD when that only covered half a breast I wouldn’t have to go to work tomorrow. 

I’m a 38F so I understand. I am the rare woman that loves wearing bras, but now that Freya discontinued by fav style I will be on the hunt. 

• Love 7

I tried an online size calculator but wanted to actually try on that size. Went to a bra store that wasn't terribly far and that calculator size was not correct. I can fit between a 40D /38DD. And some styles just do not work. The poor lady was determined to get me in this one bra and we could not get it right. One of my boobs is bigger than the other by more than a teensy bit, so a lot of styles it's either overflowing on one side or sagging on the other. Weirdly, I found a clearance 38DD at Kohl's that is just fabulous. I'm leaning more towards the 38 band because I can put it on the last set of hooks and when the elastic starts wearing out, I can go up in the hooks.

I was at the hairdresser yesterday and she was astounded that I wash my bras separately in the delicate cycle. I explained that I'm super lazy and technically you're supposed to be handwashing them but no way am I going to be leaning over to the bathtub to wash my bras. Delicate cycle will have to do.

I also discovered that apparently I know witchcraft because I can fold a fitted sheet. I learned on youtube a few years ago. There was a Martha Stewart one and she commented "Or you could just wash your sheets and put them back on and not have to worry about folding." I do that A LOT.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Happyfatchick glad you found a good bra! So many women go up in band and too small in cup size because that’s what’s in stores. If I had a dollar for how many times I heard a woman say she was a DD when that only covered half a breast I wouldn’t have to go to work tomorrow. 

I’m a 38F so I understand. I am the rare woman that loves wearing bras, but now that Freya discontinued by fav style I will be on the hunt. 

I've never been fitted for a bra and this conversation intrigues me...I guess my boobs are not really big enough to need special treatment - a "C" cup seems to contain the girls just fine, and a size 42 feels about right, though I did need a 44 a few years ago, and am hoping to get back down to 40 at some point. Actually, I've been mostly wearing some Maidenform shapewear which has a built in bra lately. Size XL, though I think I may be almost ready to go down to just L. That would be the first time in a loooong time, but I managed to lose about 10 lb over the past couple of months (the surgery and recovery made at least that pretty easy!) on top of about 15-20 that I'd lost in fits and starts over the previous couple of years. So I'm all about trying to keep up the running start I was handed!

• Love 6

My first concert was Bob Dylan, in the mid 1970s.  I've also seen Barry Manilow, Dixie Chicks, Tina Turner (wow--was well worth the money), Josh Groban, Hues Corporation, Liza Minelli, Simon and Garfunkel(reunion tour ).  I was also in Cincinatti in the late 1990s and saw the Coasters and Lesley Gore perform at the Blue Ash Festival.

The Simon and Garfunkel show was unique because it was a hometown crowd at Madison Square Garden.  It was great going to a concert where you knew every word to every song.

Living in the NYC area does give you a choice of concert venues...

My musical tastes generally run to the SiriusXM 60's on 6 channel, with occaisonal forays to the 70s channel and Beatles channel.  Also, some good Broadway show tunes and disco music from time to time.  

It's good to "see" everyone here in the Prayer Closet.....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I've never been fitted for a bra and this conversation intrigues me...I guess my boobs are not really big enough to need special treatment - a "C" cup seems to contain the girls just fine, and a size 42 feels about right, though I did need a 44 a few years ago, and am hoping to get back down to 40 at some point. Actually, I've been mostly wearing some Maidenform shapewear which has a built in bra lately. Size XL, though I think I may be almost ready to go down to just L. That would be the first time in a loooong time, but I managed to lose about 10 lb over the past couple of months (the surgery and recovery made at least that pretty easy!) on top of about 15-20 that I'd lost in fits and starts over the previous couple of years. So I'm all about trying to keep up the running start I was handed!

The women elders in my life raised me with the notion that the proper undergarment can make or break any outfit, I make sure to get fitted if I gain/lose more than 20lbs. 

I worked at Victoria Secret in college(back when the quality was high, you couldn’t pay me to shop there now) and I learned just how hyper sensitive some women can be about bras and panties. 🤯 It was an excellent learning experience though (about retail, marketing, customer service and all that). Again I’m a weirdo, I love wearing bras, I have various kinds depending on the location and outfit. I just feel so much more secure. 

• Love 5

Best concert ever was Elton John!!! Now, that man can put on a show!!! I listened to nothing but him for weeks afterward, for real. 

@Catfin I know what you mean about dodging a bullet! I had the weirdest dream last night about my ex. He was the guy I dated about 5 years ago, who was over the top in love with me, and wanted to get engaged soon, but then abruptly dumped me and moved across the country. We had a super messy breakup, and were never again on decent terms. He blamed the breakup on me, but wouldn't say what was bothering him, or why he wanted to leave. He said he'd had qualms with me, and wanted to wait and see if they would get fixed, but he never brought it up or anything! He also did it during my family beach trip. I've never been so hurt, and it took me a year to get over it. I suspect that it had a lot to do with his school, realizing his earning potential was way less than he'd assumed, wanting to move back home to his family, lacking the ability to stand up for himself or bring up uncomfortable topics, and the expectation that it was my job to make him blissfully happy 100% of the time. Glad I didn't marry into that!

but ANYWAY, I had this weird dream last night. I went to Disneyland, where I did actually go with him, but I was with some kind of organization. He was also there with the organization, and there were hundreds of people there, but somehow we ended up in the same small group! The beginning was awkward as hell, and we both just kind of stood there, totally unsure what to say. I'd 100% imagine seeing him would be exactly like that! Then, we finally made weird small talk, and after that, he apologized for being immature and hurting me. He didn't tell me anything about his current life, but just apologized. We stood there and talked a little while, and found some common ground. It was somewhat pleasant, and i felt such relief that we weren't on bad terms. Maybe I felt that because I have never ended another relationship on bad terms. By the end of the day, he was begging to be back with me. It was weird...not like, "let's have a future together!" but more like, "I was wrong, and think of what we could have had!" It was more wistful and sorrowful, but I thought, "I wanted this for so long, and I'm glad to honestly not want to be back with him!"

When I woke up, it was so weird. I honestly wondered if he had died! I've had what I believe to be visitation dreams before, and they were a lot like this. I was thinking, what if he died, and his spirit came by on his way towards the light, because I was the only one he needed to make amends with? I looked at his Facebook (we aren't friends), and realized that we still had friends in common, and I was sure they'd tell me if he died. But a strange part of me wonders. It was so vivid and purposeful, and left me with this overwhelming sense of peace. I completely wouldn't be surprised if I found out he died last night. 

Weird lol!!! I haven't told anyone about that dream, because it was so crazily real. Maybe it means I have forgiven him? Idk. But I am fully convinced that as painful as it was, it was a bullet dodged!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

i recently narrowed my options, sat on it, diagramed it, pro/conned it, worried over it, piecharted it - any option I took was going to be basically a day trip.  I ended up at LiviRae, in Kennessaw, Georgia.  The reason I’m reporting this is because one of the owners of LiviRae was on 90 Day Fiancé  few seasons back.  I did NOT want to go there, as my impression was dark gaudy rooms and sex toys.  But the reviews were good and it looked like a relatively doable drive, so off I went

I'm in the Atlanta area as well and I watched the show they had on-- was it Lifetime or TLC -- a few years ago and kept thinking maybe it might be worth the drive.  I've always wondered what my "real" size is since I know they say most women don't wear the right bra.  I am big enough on top, I don't feel comfortable not wearing a bra, and I will always wear one when I'm in public.  A few years ago a doctor mentioned I might need a pacemaker somewhere along the way and I started following a page on Facebook and all of the women say "you won't be wearing a bra."  I HAVE to wear a bra.  I'm not an "A" cup and not wearing a bra would be painful.  

3 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

I also discovered that apparently I know witchcraft because I can fold a fitted sheet. I learned on youtube a few years ago. There was a Martha Stewart one and she commented "Or you could just wash your sheets and put them back on and not have to worry about folding." I do that A LOT.

I have three sets of sheets (one is a flannel-like set that I use in the winter) but always wash the set that is on my bed and put them back on.  By some miracle I was able to get one set folded so that it fits perfectly in my linen closet and I don't think I can do that again.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Am I the only tiny breasted lady on this forum? Sheesh. I used to be a decent size, but it all left after breastfeeding and then turning into a geezer. But even so, I cannot find a comfy, well fitting bra, and the first thing I do when coming home is take the dang thing off. Ugh!

During The Rolling Stones last tour here in Southern California  a few years ago, Mr. Dance and I about mortgaged the house to get tickets. I made a BIG mistake and sprung for the floor seats. Of course, everyone was standing and dancing the whole concert, the floor was flat, and everyone in front of us was taller. We pretty much could only see them on the huge screens on either side. They were fabulous, but I really wish I had bought balcony seats. So, since then, we have become Rolling Stones tribute band groupies, and actually have danced to at least three really good bands for free (community park concerts) or minimal price (local bars.). They aren’t the same, obviously, but pretty darn good, and we have a ball! Wish we could take you with us, @galaxychaser, assuming you like The Rolling Stones.

Edited by Love2dance
Punctuation
  • Love 9

Count me as another who  must wear a bra on a daily basis.  I'm a 38D.  Last week I had a skin issue where I could not wear a bra for 2 days and I was miserable.   I was constantly aware of the girls in a way that I never am when wearing the right bra.  I have found 2 different styles of bras by Vanity Fair that keep the girls in place comfortably.   I find that when I am wearing the right bra and not sweating,  I don't find them uncomfortable at all.  I can wear them all day.  I am afraid that the styles will be discontinued so whenever they go on sale, I buy a new one to keep safe.

As to folding a fitted sheet, I don't even try.  I will buy 2 flat sheets instead.  I don't have a problem tucking a flat sheet as my base, but do not have the patience to fold a fitted sheet.  I end up balling it up and hiding it in the back of the linen closet. 

• Love 5
On 8/17/2019 at 7:38 AM, frenchtoast said:

Brian May live?  So jealous. 

Tonight I am missing the Bouncing Souls because of my stupid back (compression fracture) and my stupid foot (regular fracture) which pretty much breaks my heart. Have had tickets since January. Pardon me while I sit in the corner having a pity party. 

5 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Am I the only tiny breasted lady on this forum? Sheesh. I used to be a decent size, but it all left after breastfeeding and then turning into a geezer. But even so, I cannot find a comfy, well fitting bra, and the first thing I do when doing home is take the dang thing off. Ugh!

During The Rolling Stones last tour here in Southern California  a few years ago, Mr. Dance and I about mortgaged the house to get tickets. I made a BIG mistake and sprung for the floor seats. Of course, everyone was standing and dancing the whole concert, the floor was flat, and everyone in front of us was taller. We pretty much could only see them on the huge screens on either side. They were fabulous, but I really wish I had bought balcony seats. So, since then, we have become Rolling Stones tribute band groupies, and actually have danced to at least three really good bands for free (community park concerts) or minimal price (local bars.). They aren’t the same, obviously, but pretty darn good, and we have a ball! Wish we could take you with us, @galaxychaser, assuming you like The Rolling Stones.

I'm rediculously tiny breasted.  I wear a 36 A (I have a really big rib cage, which makes my small cup size look weird). But I really need a 36 AA, which I never find.  The children's department does have 36 AA but I have a long waist and those are too short. I'm not a tiny person.  I'm 5 foot 7 inches and big boned.  Sometimes I feel deformed!  I almost always just wear a sports bra with lightly padded molded cups.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I've had really good luck with ThirdLove. I used their online fit finder and trusted it when it took me from a 38DDD to a 36F. These are the most comfortable and best-fitting bras I've ever worn. And the straps stay up! I'm converted and I never had to step into a store.

I have had medium good luck with ThirdLove.  My right strap still slips.  It's maddening!  I'm at the other end of the spectrum for bra size - 36B 1/2 and have lost over 30 lbs. in the past year, so I'm sure the fit still isn't quite right.  Still, the underwire on one that I purchased has always been kind of twisty.  I know I could have exchanged it, but it's been a busy year ad I just didn't.  I may give them another go when I'm finished losing, but I was told by a friend that I would be comfortable wearing a ThirdLove all day and night and that hasn't proved to be true for me.  Not yet, anyway!  I did return the first one I bought (wrong size) to them and that was no problem at all.  And I like that they give away the returns.  

• Love 3