Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

I had a very pleasant flight and am currently in line at customs. My seat mate was an elderly lady who still had a flip phone, I helped her with her inflight entertainment. 

She commented that she was jealous of my sleep-I slept pretty well, I’m a little tired, as I woke up 3am chicago time on the plane, but I’m getting starbucks as soon as I get through customs. 

Vacation is promising. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I had a very pleasant flight and am currently in line at customs. My seat mate was an elderly lady who still had a flip phone, I helped her with her inflight entertainment. 

She commented that she was jealous of my sleep-I slept pretty well, I’m a little tired, as I woke up 3am chicago time on the plane, but I’m getting starbucks as soon as I get through customs. 

Vacation is promising. 

I hope you have an awesome time! I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Vacation is promising. 

About the only thing I ever envy is travel!  Have a wonderful time and report everything!  😊

• Love 9
14 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Oh, boo hoo!  She has more money than God and undoubtedly had to do absolutely nothing whatsoever during her pregnancy or recovery.  She didn't have to cook or clean or care for any of her children for even one second during any of that time. And, nobody 'cut muscles' during her cesarean, other than the uterus itself; so all the nonsense about her muscles being cut causing her to to lose the mind body connection and making it tough for her to perform at s show TEN MONTHS after she delivered?  And the poor dear had to pump her breasts in her private dressing room, people! Give me a break! All the self indulgent martyr-talk is BS, IMO.

Plenty of women carry twins, undergo cesareans, and care for other children all by themselves without private jets and household servants doing all the cooking and cleaning and multiple full time nannies, let alone the hairdresser, makeup artist and manicurist who undoubtedly attended her at home.

My cousin, a teacher in an inner city school married to a cop, had twins in her second pregnancy.  She had a daughter who was 3 when she got pregnant.  Amazingly enough, she managed to work full time until she went into labor at term while also caring for her child and her home full time, other than when her daughter was in daycare while she worked.  And, she was back at work, on her feet 8-10 hours a day, teaching learning disabled kids in a public school in the inner city 10 weeks after her cesarean.

People with only a tiny fraction of the resources available to Beyoncé manage to cope with far bigger problems than her with a tiny fraction of the whining she does in that article.

My son & DIL twins had TTTS & one was born with an amniotic band around his arm. Both were treated successfully, and they have insurance. Nonetheless, it took a toll financially & emotionally. Thank goodness I can watch the twins while they work. Boo hoo Beyonce- you have every advantage- quit whining & count your blessings!!!

• Love 9

Guess what we found today while looking at a window with a window fan. We found a wasp nest. My husband was able to kill two wasps and knock down the nest. Please forgive me for not posting a picture of my brave special blessed season of life husband killing the wasps and getting rid of the nest, but I was busy looking at him with my adoring eyes. The ironic thing is the window fan probably stopped the wasps from getting into the house and stinging someone.

The guy who is doing the work listens to conservative radio while working. It does not bother me or my husband. I would love to send him to work with the Duggars because it would be a hoot. I could imagine what he would think of them.

The house is looking better. It is a pain to move things around. I would not want to be a person who is hired to help people move because it would drive me bonkers.

Anyone see Dear Evan Hansen?  We saw it last night at the Fox and it was very good, but the next to last song left me blubbering, being that it included some lines about when the dad left, and the little Evan wondered if a truck was coming next day to take mommy away.  The first Mr. lookeyloo left me and the two small boys.  Similar stuff. Brought back a lot of memories and pain.  But, it all ended well.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Spent the morning at Kew Gardens, got some nice pictures of Kew Palace. The guide was so cute, trying to tell me about George III’s family- he didn’t know who he was dealing with LOL. 

In my uber on my way to tea.

6B57A3A0-9D0E-43D5-A522-D15FF8C6E61C.jpeg

I'm sort of jealous.  lol  Just kidding. I visited London once years ago. OMG, love that place. I've always vowed to return.  All of my ancestors are from there. (Well, my dad's, according to Ancestry.com. )

I'm trying to find out if a story that I read about Cousin Amy is true. Anyone know where it might be around here.  I've put the details in spoiler tags. 

Spoiler

I read somewhere that Cousin Amy is pregnant.  Does anyone know what thread that might be on here?

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Weird. I broke the news Sunday morning, but my post isn't there anymore. It was from her IG; the People story came out about an hour later. I only knew in the first place because I was enjoying my morning coffee. 

To all my cat lover cyber friends:  QVC was doing a Skechers segment the other night & they showed BOBS slip ons that were done in cat related fabric/themes.  I think there were about 4-5 different prints.  I'm not much of a cat person but these caught my eye & I thought of you all right away. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Anyone see Dear Evan Hansen?  We saw it last night at the Fox and it was very good, but the next to last song left me blubbering, being that it included some lines about when the dad left, and the little Evan wondered if a truck was coming next day to take mommy away.  The first Mr. lookeyloo left me and the two small boys.  Similar stuff. Brought back a lot of memories and pain.  But, it all ended well.

Yes I saw Dear Evan Hansen when it was in chicago a little bit ago. It was very well done, but touched my emotions in a very real way. It’s set in “our world” (not the past or a fantasy) dealing with very current issues. It deserved all its accolades though. 

• Love 3

So, it turns out that the one polyp they removed during the colonoscopy which was a bit larger than the others and sort of flat rather than mushroom-shaped was, indeed, cancerous. Which I was kind of expecting based on the description. Will have to have surgery and hope they have caught it all early. 

• Love 9
On 4/24/2019 at 6:21 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Spent the morning at Kew Gardens, got some nice pictures of Kew Palace. The guide was so cute, trying to tell me about George III’s family- he didn’t know who he was dealing with LOL. 

In my uber on my way to tea.

6B57A3A0-9D0E-43D5-A522-D15FF8C6E61C.jpeg

I was just looking at your beautiful pictures on the Outlander threads.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So, it turns out that the one polyp they removed during the colonoscopy which was a bit larger than the others and sort of flat rather than mushroom-shaped was, indeed, cancerous. Which I was kind of expecting based on the description. Will have to have surgery and hope they have caught it all early. 

Good thoughts for the success of your surgery.  That you get the best care and you and everyone who loves you has great peace.  

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

{{{HUGS}}} Hoping the surgery will do the job and everything will be fine.

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I’m so very sorry- that’s scary under the best circumstances. But you have been proactive and I’m sending you all the healing vibes!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I was just looking at your beautiful pictures on the Outlander threads.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thank you! To anyone going to the UK, if you are interested in day tours I highly recommend Rabbie’s. Tours from London, Edinburgh and a few other places (I cannot remember off of the top of my head). I had the best time and it was well worth the money. Next time I come to the UK I will want to do their Shakespeare tour and Cotswolds. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I am so sorry that you have to go through this.  Good thoughts heading your way!

• Love 5

@Jynnan tonnix,  my friend sandy is reading your description about the polyp. she is asking 'has it gone through the wall" would you even know that yet?  she was diagnosed 3 years ago with STAGE 4 colon cancer and has had 3 surgeries and is finishing up her chemo. she is fine - you'd never know she was ever sick. the doctor expects to declare her cancer free in august, at the end of this last round of chemo pills.  be hopeful and positive -- it makes a world of difference.  your friends here and there will support you through it!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

@Jynnan tonnix,  my friend sandy is reading your description about the polyp. she is asking 'has it gone through the wall" would you even know that yet?  she was diagnosed 3 years ago with STAGE 4 colon cancer and has had 3 surgeries and is finishing up her chemo. she is fine - you'd never know she was ever sick. the doctor expects to declare her cancer free in august, at the end of this last round of chemo pills.  be hopeful and positive -- it makes a world of difference.  your friends here and there will support you through it!

Thanks to everyone for all the best vibes and wishes. I don't think they will really know anything until the surgery. The way the doctor worded it made it sound as though there was every chance that removing the "polyp" (though it hardly sounds live a polyp if it was flat) may have gotten everything and the surgery was more of a precaution to make sure nothing had been left behind. But since he didn't voice any major concern after the colonoscopy either, that just may be his way - thinking positive until there's news to think otherwise...He did also say they'd be checking the lymph nodes as well, though, so I suppose there's also every chance that things might be worse. This is all new territory for me, so I'm not sure what I should be thinking or trying to second-guess at this point. 

That's great news about your friend! They do seem to be able to do great things these days.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Thanks to everyone for all the best vibes and wishes. I don't think they will really know anything until the surgery. The way the doctor worded it made it sound as though there was every chance that removing the "polyp" (though it hardly sounds live a polyp if it was flat) may have gotten everything and the surgery was more of a precaution to make sure nothing had been left behind. But since he didn't voice any major concern after the colonoscopy either, that just may be his way - thinking positive until there's news to think otherwise...He did also say they'd be checking the lymph nodes as well, though, so I suppose there's also every chance that things might be worse. This is all new territory for me, so I'm not sure what I should be thinking or trying to second-guess at this point. 

That's great news about your friend! They do seem to be able to do great things these days.

Healing vibes from me to you. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Anyone see avengers? Everything is sold out or terrible seats... Maybe next week.

Mr lookeyloo saw it this morning. My BFF saw it at the same time in former city. They texted after that it was fabulous. When he came home, Mr lookeyloo was excited to tell me about it. I can’t remember anything that he said except he looked cute saying it. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

Prayer request for praying types!

My mom fell down the stairs this morning! I was home, and it woke me up. It was an awful thing to wake up to! Thankfully she caught onto the railing halfway down, but broke her big toe in two places. One bone is a clean break, and the joint is crushed. I took her to the ER, and she has been in so much pain today! It could have been so much worse, though, so I'm thankful. I'm glad I was here to help her, too. It was so upsetting, and I am still shaken!

i also have awful allergies right now, which are nowhere near her level of problem, but are just making life uncomfortable. 

I'm hoping my mom will heal soon! Thanks in advance for all the good vibes I know this wonderful community will offer. 💕💕💕

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Prayer request for praying types!

My mom fell down the stairs this morning! I was home, and it woke me up. It was an awful thing to wake up to! Thankfully she caught onto the railing halfway down, but broke her big toe in two places. One bone is a clean break, and the joint is crushed. I took her to the ER, and she has been in so much pain today! It could have been so much worse, though, so I'm thankful. I'm glad I was here to help her, too. It was so upsetting, and I am still shaken!

i also have awful allergies right now, which are nowhere near her level of problem, but are just making life uncomfortable. 

I'm hoping my mom will heal soon! Thanks in advance for all the good vibes I know this wonderful community will offer. 💕💕💕

Your poor mom! So sorry. 

• Love 1

@Christina87  Sending you and your mom {{{HUGS}}} prayers and good thoughts. I hope your mom heals soon. I definitely understand about your allergies. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and hyperthyroid symptoms.

We should be done with the work on our house by Monday afternoon. The guys who are doing the job have been great and do a great job. We have a new kitchen exhaust fan worth around $300.00 retail. Big improvement over the old one especially since the previous owners closed down the fan in the first place for some reason, so we not able to use the old one. We also will be getting a new bathroom exhaust fan. I never thought people would have one in the bathroom and use it when a person takes a bath or shower. It has been interesting watching the one guy do the insulation work, and we already have notice a big difference. The big test will come Sunday because it is going to be in the 30's with snow on the way. The tips about the furnace will come in handy too. The hot water flow is a little better, and we are glad we have hot water at least.

@Jynnan tonnix, so sorry to hear of your news. Sending prayers & healing thoughts your way.  Please keep us posted.

@Christina87, so sorry to hear about your mom. My son can relate with you as years ago he awoke with the horrible sound of me falling down the stairs. Actually while holding onto the railing, I missed the last step,  swung around & landed on my leg wrong & broke it under the knee.  That fall started my downhill spiral of bad things with my health.  Your mom is extremely lucky.  Will she need surgery?  A broken toe sounds very painful. I hope they gave her plenty of pain meds. I'm sending prayers & healing thoughts to you & your mom. Believe me they work. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 5

Yikes, Christina! Sorry about your mom and hope she's feeling better soon. Praying for her.

And I know what you mean about the allergies. I usually get steroid injections for mine, which I got early when I got bronchitis 2 months ago. I'd actually been having a pretty good allergy season since then, which shocked me, but on Wednesday, that all evaporated, and I've been battling them ever since. Ugh.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, doodlebug said:

Oh, boo hoo!  She has more money than God and undoubtedly had to do absolutely nothing whatsoever during her pregnancy or recovery.  She didn't have to cook or clean or care for any of her children for even one second during any of that time. And, nobody 'cut muscles' during her cesarean, other than the uterus itself; so all the nonsense about her muscles being cut causing her to to lose the mind body connection and making it tough for her to perform at s show TEN MONTHS after she delivered?  And the poor dear had to pump her breasts in her private dressing room, people! Give me a break! All the self indulgent martyr-talk is BS, IMO.

Plenty of women carry twins, undergo cesareans, and care for other children all by themselves without private jets and household servants doing all the cooking and cleaning and multiple full time nannies, let alone the hairdresser, makeup artist and manicurist who undoubtedly attended her at home.

My cousin, a teacher in an inner city school married to a cop, had twins in her second pregnancy.  She had a daughter who was 3 when she got pregnant.  Amazingly enough, she managed to work full time until she went into labor at term while also caring for her child and her home full time, other than when her daughter was in daycare while she worked.  And, she was back at work, on her feet 8-10 hours a day, teaching learning disabled kids in a public school in the inner city 10 weeks after her cesarean.

People with only a tiny fraction of the resources available to Beyoncé manage to cope with far bigger problems than her with a tiny fraction of the whining she does in that article.

I like that a doctor seemingly approves of my Beyoncé dislike. She could not be more overhyped. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

@Jynnan tonnix, so sorry to hear of your news. Sending prayers & healing thoughts your way.  Please keep us posted.

@Christina87, so sorry to hear about your mom. My son can relate with you as years ago he awoke with the horrible sound of me falling down the stairs. Actually while holding onto the railing, I missed the last step,  swung around & landed on my leg wrong & broke it under the knee.  That fall started my downhill spiral of bad things with my health.  Your mom is extremely lucky.  Will she need surgery?  A broken toe sounds very painful. I hope they gave her plenty of pain meds. I'm sending prayers & healing thoughts to you & your mom. Believe me they work. 

Oh gosh, Barb!!! That sounds horrible!!! Seems like a really painful place to break your leg. I hate that it has led to your other struggles too. My mom doesn't think she'll have to have surgery, but it depends on how well it heals. She's doing okay, but it's hurting more today. Not a fun situation all around! I'm just so thankful that it wasn't worse though. 

• Love 3

I can tell I am not bright eyes and bushy tail because I almost forgot today is the 15 year anniversary of my husband's kidney transplant. I will always be grateful to his donor Krista and her amazing family. She will never be forgotten. Sending my thoughts and prayers to her family because I am sure it is a hard day for them.

Jynnan tonnix, you got this and I hope you'll keep us up to date on things. This little area of the internet is a great place to vent when you feel like you just can't to your real life people.

Christina87, I hope your mom heals quickly. I broke my pinkie toe once because I'm a klutz and took a corner wrong and slammed my bare foot into it. It was not fun.

• Love 4

Thinking of you @Jynnan tonnix and hoping everything goes well.

I may spend too much time on these boards... I thought of Jill as I was making dinner because it was a stir-fry with onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, celery, broccoli, red bell pepper, snow peas, and baked tofu. (This was before I added the spicy! peanut sauce.) I'm pretty sure that is more vegetables in one meal than any Duggar has eaten in any month. I guess I forgot the cream-of-crap soup.

Edited by jcbrown
it doesn't want my picture even though I compressed it. :-(
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Way to go, zoomama! You want your FT3 in the upper half of the range and your FT4 close to the same. After Graves and Hashi's I had to get creative with my meds. My body is an extremely poor converter of T4 to T3 so my doc has me on a combo of Naturethroid and Cytomel, which isn't common but works for me. 

• Love 2
On 4/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, louannems said:

Do you have a hint on getting the drops into my eyes, and also, I feel it going down my throat and it really grosses me out.

Ooooh!!  I do I do!!  

I just had cataract surgery and have the whole green cap/purple cap thing going on.  Although this is how I already used drops:  I look toward my nose, gently pull down the bottom outer edge of my lid and drop it in.  I can’t do drops in my eyes if I can see them coming - and I reeeeeeally hate for someone else to put drops in my eyes.

And holeeeee cow, when you have eye surgery, everydamnbody in the BUILDING is going to put some drops in your eyes!   I swear there were entire bus fleets lined up full of people who each had some sort of drops in their pockets just for ME.  I’m signing the final paperwork before going in, and I’m not even kidding, the surgical nurse, all the techs, the girl from behind the desk, the worker next door, the front receptionist, the security guard, the FedEx man, 3 other patients and the cashier from Wendy’s next  door had all run in and squirted something in my eye.  I’m not even kidding, the SURGEON showed up TWICE while I was sitting in that office and put something in my eye.   Afterward, the doc who checked me out commented that I seemed to be having some discomfort.  (I was).  Luckily, he had a drop for that... 

ETA:  at the risk of sounding petulant, I’m very softly going to say I’m not a fan of the new name either, and that @Christina87 pretty much nailed it.  It “feels” different, doesn’t it?  Like David...where is David?

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6