Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

I love that idea - going out together for an elegant lunch. Are the restaurants really busy? Or surprisingly slow? It seems like since the malls are jammed, maybe the restaurants are relatively quiet. Well, at least the ones not near a mall.

Surprising slow in my experience! We never bother making reservations and that hasn't been a problem. It's very nice and relaxing.

• Love 3

Thanks to everyone for explaining pasties and Yoopers. I posted that kind of late, and I sometimes expect people to read my mind. :O Sorry, Happy. Georgia is a long way from Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

GeeGolly, burlsa is having a cerebral angiogram this morning, and she has been feeling very anxious about it.

• Love 3

Canned peas are also abominations from hell.

And following in the theme of mother not a good cook - she served us vegetables still in the can, drained and put on the table. So now I like room temperature canned vegetables. Peas included. But I rarely have canned vegetables and when I do it is always lesueur baby peas. But not straight from the can. Also like room temperature baked beans. I guess since we grew up not knowing any better, the brothers and I did okay. My disinterest in cooking is a bit more creative since we now have vegetables in a microwaveable bag!!

Wishing burlsa a successful procedure and hope the 6 hours passes fast enough.

• Love 2

BOOgen3, did you enjoy your time in the UP? I haven't been to Houghton-Hancock since I was a teenager, but I'm hoping to spend a week in the Keweenaw within the next couple of years. We usually spend a week in Munising every summer, but I'd like to switch it up.

The worst?  Canned spinach.

I agree on all the slimy green canned vegetables except canned spinach. I can actually eat it almost like Popeye. When I give blood (at least by the old standards, not now) I'm sometimes a little low on iron so I eat 2-3 cans of canned spinach from the can every day for a while. I don't mind a bit. I do think it is the Popeye effect -- I feel very strong. 

• Love 6

Thanks for the information about rutabagas. I've never seen anyone but my mom cook them, so I hadn't registered that they were something people eat regularly anywhere (although if you have to, I guess hot flaky meat pies would be the way to go). I suppose they'd do well in a shorter growing season. Do they still taste like the unholy love child of a carrot and a turnip grown in earwax when you use them in pie, or is that just another thing mother was tragically unable to cook?

I also didn't know about meat pies being a MI thing. I knew about muskrats, but that's more where my husband was from in the Detroit area, I think.

My gold standard for unfortunate canned vegetables is Veg-All, which is canned mixed vegetables, all cubed except the peas, with little matching cubes of potato. We never had it, but we spent a fair amount of time with an aunt who did. The beleaguered husband, though, tells me that I fed him his first fresh spinach, because his mom only used canned.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5

Julia, pasties are more of a UP thing. They were brought to the US (well, the UP, I guess) by the Cornish immigrant miners. All over the UP there are signs advertising whitefish and pasties.

ETA: I have only ever eaten rutabaga in a pasty, where it is cut into small pieces, so I can't tell you if it has the earwax element. It very well could, and I have just gotten lucky!

Edited by Wok Chop
  • Love 2

No, the fried baloney "steak" did that! 

Hershey Park sells this at their concession stands - friend Lebanon Bologna on a roll with mustard.  We always referred to it as "coalie food", as in the foods that came out of the PA coal mining regions.  

Chipped beef on toast. Nuff said.

My mother had that last night.  The house rule is that no one is allowed to call it "shit on a shingle" until after it's consumed. 

My gold standard for unfortunate canned vegetables is Veg-All, which is canned mixed vegetables, all cubed except the peas, with little matching cubes of potato. We never had it, but we spent a fair amount of time with an aunt who did. The beleaguered husband, though, tells me that I fed him his first fresh spinach, because his mom only used canned.

I can honestly say I've haven't eaten canned vegetables aside from the occasional canned corn in years, and even then I stopped about 8 years ago.  Then again, I haven't eaten fresh vegetables in a long time either, not since I was diagnosed with Crohn's.  I haven't had a salad in 5 years.  The funny thing is I went from being a really robust eater as a kid to a picky eater when I was about five, and went through three years of eating PBnJ morning, noon and night (white bread, no crusts).  After that, I was a bit more adventurous, but wouldn't touch vegetables, and when I finally came back to them, I couldn't digest them.  

• Love 6

All this canned food talk is bringing back such fond memories. As a child of the 60's and the daughter of a mediocre cook I grew up hating veggies! It wasn't until I lived on my own that I realized how tasty properly cooked fresh veggies (or even better,raw) taste. And, personally, canned asparagus IS THE WORST! At least I can used canned peas in tuna casserole. Made with potato chips, of course.

• Love 8

I haven't eaten canned vegetables aside from the occasional canned corn in years, and even then I stopped about 8 years ago. Then again, I haven't eaten fresh vegetables in a long time either, not since I was diagnosed with Crohn's. I haven't had a salad in 5 years. The funny thing is I went from being a really robust eater as a kid to a picky eater when I was about five, and went through three years of eating PBnJ morning, noon and night (white bread, no crusts). After that, I was a bit more adventurous, but wouldn't touch vegetables, and when I finally came back to them, I couldn't digest them.

I feel your pain about not being able to eat foods you love because they make you sick. My mom never understood it and would think I was an overly picky eater. I was and still am only because I don't want to be in pain for days.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

You betcha, too !!! Are you from Western Washington State ? That's such a thing there ! I swear if you said "I'm having a heart attack" SOMEONE would say "You betcha !". Show me some love for Spokane, Wenatchee, and Walla Walla !

OK, did you mean Eastern WA? I have lived around Seattle all my life and I always associate "you betcha" with the Midwest! Spokane, et al are over on the Dry Side and I don't get over there much. They might be you betcha-ing all over the place :)

Around here, it's "no problem." "Help me, I'm having a heart attack." "No problem."

• Love 6

I feel your pain about not being able to eat foods you love because they make you sick. My mom never understood it and would think I was an overly picky eater. I was and still am only because I don't want to be in pain for days.

And then there are the days when I say "Screw it, I don't care.  I just want to sit here and eat my damned popcorn," because it's always popcorn.

• Love 4

My mom used to make a poor man's version of pasta fagioli soup using canned pork and beans, tomato paste, and elbow macaroni.  

We grew up on canned vegetables.  The only vegetable that wasn't canned was broccoli, which was fresh and only served with Sunday dinner, such as roast beef or a roast chicken and stuffing.

I don't mind canned peas, but I absolutely hate creamed corn.  My mom occasionally serves that as an extra veggie during dinner and my older son absolutely loves it.  I just don't get it.

• Love 4
You betcha, too !!! Are you from Western Washington State ? That's such a thing there ! I swear if you said "I'm having a heart attack" SOMEONE would say "You betcha !". Show me some love for Spokane, Wenatchee, and Walla Walla !

As for pasties, I was lucky enough to travel to Cornwall on the vacation of a lifetime, and ate almost nothing but pasties - meat, vegetarian, savory, sweet, hot, warm, cold, and on and on. They were soooo good, and it was that much more because I was enjoying them in the very place they originated...

http://www.tripadvis...and.html#photos

Aaaahhh! Cornwall! One of my favorite places in the world! I grew up in England until I was almost 10 and still have family there, which makes a holiday a bit more affordable! I was actually there for a month this past April, but didn't get to Cornwall this time around (sadly, none of my family actually lives in that neck of the woods, and public transport in Cornwall can be pretty spotty). I first went with a friend back in high school when we were both into all things Arthurian, and totally fell in love with Tintagel (which was quite a bit less touristy back then than it is now). I went there again with my mom a couple of years later, then again with my daughter back when she was turning thirteen (which was fifteen years ago now....aargh!). I always say I want my ashes scattered over a Cliffside in Cornwall...totally my "happy place"!

As an aside, I suppose those early years in England may be a reason that I find canned peas a comfort food :) I can't stand any other canned vegetables, though. Maybe beans. Baked beans out of a can on toast is another comfort food. I love English breakfasts!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tintagel&qpvt=tintagel&qpvt=tintagel&FORM=IGRE

• Love 5

Chipped beef on toast. Nuff said.

Yes, I'm one of few who like this. Growing up when we had it, it was only for Sunday dinner when my mom would cook Breakfast for dinner. She is a great cook & must have added something to it for us to eat it.

Funny story about Ree. Whenever I saw Pioneer Woman listed in TV guide, I was picturing a cooking show where a woman would be dressed like Ma Ingalls from Little House cooking us something over the open fire (with Conestoga wagons in background). Boy, was I surprised when I finally watched it - just the opposite than expected. Still watch it occasionally & agree her blog is better than the show. I see she is doing a line of cookware for Wal-Mart & she's been on QVC twice recently promoting new cookbooks.

Love the stories about the retro food. Luckily when my mom made her Jello salads, they were fruit based. Someone up thread mentioned cream puffs. The family friend I mention who has dementia made the best cream puffs ever & they would only be made for special occasions. Her daughters have made them but they aren't the same. I think it's just one of those things that can never be made as well as the original.

I'm wondering if the Duggars are getting new recipe ideas from reading our posts. I can just picture Jim Boob, with that goofy grin on his face "this is the best tomato aspic I've ever eaten."

• Love 7

Love this talk about food! My dad is from near the upper peninsula and surprised his grandfather by making a batch of pasties one day. (His grandfather had them when younger).  My dad said his grandfather had Cornish roots, but haven't found them yet on Ancestry. Did try the DNA hoping to find the tribe my father said we had a drop of, didn't find that either! Not one drop of Native American, but trace ancestry of Northern Africa and the Hebrides. Eastern and Western Europe, Great Britain and Ireland and trace Finland/Russia.

For Christmas Eve and New Years we usually have a nosh. Little bits of everything tasty.  Although when younger and everyone was still around, my mom would order a 6 foot sub from Subway. With my brothers and nephews, hardly anything was left the next day.

Favorite nostalgia food: porcupines! meatballs made with uncooked rice and then put in a pot with tomato soup to cook. Loved it!  Favorite comfort food: toasted cheese and crackers.

• Love 3

I'm not sure what thread to put this in so I will put it here. The thing I'm most curious about the Duggars is if anyone is really honest with each other. I mean REALLY honest . I remember saying to my sister "it really sucked being raised by a dad with mental illness" and she replied "yea, it did" and we started to cry. In that one moment all those years of trying to put your finger on just what was wrong had been washed away and we were finally honest. I wonder if they ever have those moments? The system they belong too just seems to be a set up for self hatered. Teens are going to think about sex...a lot. Your going to be jealous when your sister gets more attention...you may not be happy to be pregnant for the 9th time. I wonder if they are able to be honest with their spouses, siblings or even themselves. Despite having a bazillion people in one house I think they lead a very lonely life.

• Love 23

And then there are the days when I say "Screw it, I don't care.  I just want to sit here and eat my damned popcorn," because it's always popcorn.

Me too and nuts. I love all kinds of nuts and will endure the pain just because.

I love it when the doctor gave me a laundry list of stuff NOT to eat. Pretty much everything I love so I stick to bread. :(

• Love 5

BOOgen3, did you enjoy your time in the UP? I haven't been to Houghton-Hancock since I was a teenager, but I'm hoping to spend a week in the Keweenaw within the next couple of years. We usually spend a week in Munising every summer, but I'd like to switch it up.

The four years up there were a wonderful adventure. The Keweenaw peninsula is gorgeous. Much of my misspent youth was based on Copper Country Cruising in the fall and spring and skiing the winter (the LONG snowy freezing winter). I actually chose the university because it had its own ski hills (oh yeah, the school had a great reputation as well). I got to see the Northern Lights for the first time ever while I was up there. No need to go all the way to Reykjavik. My first roommate was actually from Munising. She had a friend from home that also went to the school and she would cut his hair. One night he came to our dorm room to get a trim but she was not home. He asked if I could cut hair. "Sure, why not? How hard could it be?" Drunk chick, pair of scissors....and a good time was NOT had by all.  :) 

• Love 3

It has morphed into fall here in my piece of south, and I don't like it a bit. I'm always a little down this time of year (even more-so than winter) because a) it's colder and I'm never mentally prepared - I was wearing SHORTS last week!!! - and b) the turning and dropping of leaves represents dying in my brain and I've never been able to shake that. Winter is ugly and dead, and I hate that, but our winters are (thankfully) short. It's a game I play every year, running out every morning to see if my hostas are poking through. Daffies and forsythia (and shortly the Bradford pears, and right after that dogwoods- and just then, azaleas spring into action...) will be blooming by the end of February. For a few weeks, it's like popcorn in the south BANG BANG BANG and something else is blooming gloriously. (Not that I'm watching or anything....). By the time my friends in Indiana are having spring, I've moved on to a nice hot summer. By the middle of March, we're in FULL GOOOO mode, and I come out of my winter nasties and turn human again. Thanksgiving and Christmas and the prep for them is a welcome relief for me.

Is supposed to be in the 80's this weekend. Ironically, THAT makes me a little angry - because I'm already wearing a light jacket outside, and long pants - and it's a tease. One year we went camping after thanksgiving dinner because it was 70 and beautiful and it was calling me. I'm thinking of setting up a gofundme account so I can winter in the Bahamas. I think that's a perfectly reasonable request. JILL does it.

Juuuuuuuuust kidding.

• Love 4

All this talk of pasties is making me hungry! I love those things. However if you've never had rutabaga before, make sure you're not going anywhere after trying them! I found out the hard way that rutabagas can create a stinky situation.

I am recovering. I am alive. But the procedure was super traumatic. I was awake for it, and I wasn't fully numb. But I'm doing okay now. :)

• Love 22

Positive thoughts for burlsa today!

Way back thread I saw pickled herring referred to as Jewish, I think of it more as Scandinavian, along with lutefisk, lefse and limberger cheese.  Gefilte fish strikes me as Jewsih.  We loved pickled herring in a sour cream sauce on crackers and lefse with lingonberries during the holidays. Also good, butter the lefse, sprinkle with sugar cinnamon and roll up and pop in the mic for 20 seconds, YUM!

• Love 4

All this talk of pasties is making me hungry! I love those things. However if you've never had rutabaga before, make sure you're not going anywhere after trying them! I found out the hard way that rutabagas can create a stinky situation.

I am recovering. I am alive. But the procedure was super traumatic. I was awake for it, and I wasn't fully numb. But I'm doing okay now. :)

Sending Healing thoughts and Ffhugs to you. 

• Love 4

It has morphed into fall here in my piece of south, and I don't like it a bit. I'm always a little down this time of year (even more-so than winter) because a) it's colder and I'm never mentally prepared - I was wearing SHORTS last week!!! - and b) the turning and dropping of leaves represents dying in my brain and I've never been able to shake that. Winter is ugly and dead, and I hate that, but our winters are (thankfully) short.

I get more than a down feeling. I used to get very bad clinical depression. I was hospitalized quite a few times for suicidal thoughts .That was a very dark time in my life, mostly caused by my husband being

an abusive alcoholic.

But he found religion and quit drinking (cold turkey) and now our marriage is good again (even though I'm agnostic.)

The good news is that I haven't gotten depressed like that in over 15 years (and for a period of ten years, I was horribly depressed every fall.)

Prozac everyday, and sitting under a sun-box starting in fall have been literal life savers for me. I'm reluctant to share (because mental illness has SUCH a stigma.) I'm just hoping trying a sun-box might help someone else who suffers from seasonal affective disorder.(SAD)

I WISH the Chicago area had short winters!

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 9

I get more than a down feeling. I used to get very bad clinical depression. I was hospitalized quite a few times for suicidal thoughts .That was a very dark time in my life, mostly caused by my husband being an abusive alcoholic.

But he found religion and quit drinking (cold turkey)and now our marriage is good again (even though I'm agnosic.)

The good news is that I haven't gotten depressed like that in over 15 years (and for a period of ten years, I was horribly depressed every fall.)

Prozac everyday, and sitting under a sun-box starting in fall have been literal life savers for me. I'm reluctant to share (because mental illness has SUCH a stigma) but I'm hoping trying a sun-box might help someone else who suffers from seasonal affective disorder.(SAAD)

I WISH the Chicago area had short winters!

I do relate to this. I don't think I ever had clinical depression but dysthymia for sure. Before we knew about SAD I would find myself in the lighting sections of Lowe's or Home Depot and wonder why I felt better for a bit. Then we learned about SAD -and I got myself two of the lights and that made things enormously better. Then I retired and can be outside a lot and that helped too.

• Love 5

Hershey Park sells this at their concession stands - friend Lebanon Bologna on a roll with mustard.  We always referred to it as "coalie food", as in the foods that came out of the PA coal mining regions.  

To be fair, Lebanon bologna is different than regular bologna.  It's more like a salami:  http://www.seltzerslebanon.com/?gclid=CMuK26DK0cgCFYhcfgod6f8HUw  

All of this talk of canned vegetables is making me queasy.  At least I am learning that my mother wasn't the only atrocious cook out there.  

• Love 6

You made it through!  You're a rock star!  Lots of healing vibes coming your way.

• Love 7

Hang in there, burlsa

I found out today I get to have minor surgery in about two weeks. That weird little lump in my thyroid area (my thyroid was removed two years ago) still hasn't gone away and my ENT wants it out. He thinks it's either a calcified lymph node or a piece of thyroid tissue that's grown back. Either way, it's not going away on its own and it needs to come out. Luckily, he'll go through my old thyroid scar and it's fairly near the surface, so it should be an easy surgery this time. No overnight stay and no drain. I'm just a little bummed because my old thyroid scar looks fantastic and now I'll be starting all over again.

• Love 6

Hang in there, burlsa

I found out today I get to have minor surgery in about two weeks. That weird little lump in my thyroid area (my thyroid was removed two years ago) still hasn't gone away and my ENT wants it out. He thinks it's either a calcified lymph node or a piece of thyroid tissue that's grown back. Either way, it's not going away on its own and it needs to come out. Luckily, he'll go through my old thyroid scar and it's fairly near the surface, so it should be an easy surgery this time. No overnight stay and no drain. I'm just a little bummed because my old thyroid scar looks fantastic and now I'll be starting all over again.

Well that is awful .  If you do not mind keep that thread updated on the surgeryi

Edited by amitville
  • Love 3

Burlsa, I'm so sorry it was so traumatic!   I hope your doctors found out what they needed from this and you don't have to go through anything like this again. 

• Love 3

I'm not sure what thread to put this in so I will put it here. The thing I'm most curious about the Duggars is if anyone is really honest with each other. I mean REALLY honest . I remember saying to my sister "it really sucked being raised by a dad with mental illness" and she replied "yea, it did" and we started to cry. In that one moment all those years of trying to put your finger on just what was wrong had been washed away and we were finally honest. I wonder if they ever have those moments? The system they belong too just seems to be a set up for self hatered. Teens are going to think about sex...a lot. Your going to be jealous when your sister gets more attention...you may not be happy to be pregnant for the 9th time. I wonder if they are able to be honest with their spouses, siblings or even themselves. Despite having a bazillion people in one house I think they lead a very lonely life.

I tend to doubt it, only because they either have to confess...er, share their hearts with JB&M, or hide their wicked thoughts and feel guilty. They are screwed.

• Love 2

{{{HUGS}}} burisa and emma675

I have been dealing with ear aches and jaw pain so I called my primary doctor. I think it may be related to the possible tissue and muscle damage caused by the hyper and now hypothyroidism. It hurts when I try to chew on my left side. I probably will end up seeing an ear/nose/throat specialist. I see a cardiologist on the 29th. I hope the jaw pain is not related to the chest pain/palpations/tachycardia.

Fast forward a couple of years, and we're doing a church ladies' cookbook. I'm one of the editors who enters, formats, and edits recipes. We get FIVE freaking aspic recipes! All different! I later overheard someone mention they were so glad Mrs. So & So put her recipe in the book, because she wanted to make it for bridge club. Ack! We were all amazed that people A. Ever ate that stuff, and B. STILL eat that stuff!

I am sure our parish cookbook has at least one recipe for this, but  I won't be using it.  It is too tomatoey for me, and I really like tomatoes so my mother never understood why I disliked aspic; she could always tell what I disliked as I pushed it around on my plate and if I had to eat it, I ate it first, followed by several swigs of milk or water to cleanse my tongue of the taste.

I am going to a luncheon tomorrow where the menu is curried chicken, aspic and rum cake.  

• Love 1

I have been dealing with ear aches and jaw pain so I called my primary doctor. I think it may be related to the possible tissue and muscle damage caused by the hyper and now hypothyroidism. It hurts when I try to chew on my left side. I probably will end up seeing an ear/nose/throat specialist. I see a cardiologist on the 29th. I hope the jaw pain is not related to the chest pain/palpations/tachycardia.

Feel better I know you can not chew but can you sip a milkshake?  Sending Ffhugs

• Love 1

I can chew, but it hurts. I really do not want to take pain pills because the pills make me sleepy. Being more sleepy does not help with the sleep apnea.

Have you been checked for TMJ/alignment issues?

Once again, we need to stop with the witch hunt, and this includes nasty PMs. PMs are not private, and reports can be sent to mods in case of nasty private messages. We understand there has been hurt feelings and anger over the scam, but sending a unkind message to someone you think may be a scammer or part of the scam is not acceptable at all. If you cannot be civil in the forum or in a PM you have sent to other(s), I suggest do not send it or post. Take your anger and frustration someplace else.

As in all witch hunts, innocent people have been unjustly and unfairly slandered. They've been viciously attacked verbally which is shameful behavior. Even the so-called perpetrators deserve better than the vitriol that has come out of here. We have tried to show you the high road and so many are refusing to take it and in doing so calling out the mods in public and sending horrible PMs in private. This stops now. The next post or PM that is even a smidge questionable, the topic is locked indefinitely, the offender gets a warning or suspension and essentially. Just like the scam was run by one person, this is only a few at this point, but apparently a public shaming is what is called for, since it's what those few are all interested in. 

. That's sucks big time about the traumatic part and the failed anesthesia but at least it's over now. I hope the rest of your recovery is easy and quick. (((Gentle hugs)) once you can get up.

Do they still taste like the unholy love child of a carrot and a turnip grown in earwax when you use them in pie, or is that just another thing mother was tragically unable to cook?

This turn of phrase really gave me a good idea of just how bad your mom's cooking was!

It also made me think of the duggars, actually. Because WHY should the women in any family be stereotyped into doing all the cooking? Maybe they don't have an innate talent for it (or don't enjoy doing it), and maybe some of the MEN just might be better and more willing?

But, no..that's women's work. Bleh

• Love 2

With tomato season behind us :(

Does anyone make tomato pie?(pie crust, cheddar cheese and mayo)- not a pizza (some folks call pizza tomato pies)

I love it but don't quite get it-

You take fresh from the garden (juicy) tomatoes and drain all the juice from them in order to make it! 

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

ouch! I hope you feel better before the 29th. If you suspect tmj call a trusted Ortho and see who they recommend for massage therapy. I need to get braces in my mid 30's to releve my tmj but it worked. The quality of life and eating improvements made it worth it. (It was either braces or breaking and resetting my jaw). I hope they get a definite answer of the cause for you.
  • Love 1

aspic and rum cake cake? served together?

Well, the rum cake is for dessert.  The chicken curry comes with the usual condiments (I am allergic to the peanuts so I skip them and help myself to extra chutney or whatever else). The aspic is rather plain, with maybe a dollop of something (sour cream, mayo?)on top which I will move to the side. The rolls and butter are usually yummy.

I used to cook chicken curry a lot, but I am still having trouble adjusting to cooking for two.  And I even got out of the practice of that last winter when I broke both my wrist and leg.  Fortunately, my husband had a job as a short order cook to pay his way through grad school.  I guess the good new is he can cook; the bad news is that he is limited in what he can cook to eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage or anything on a grill. 

• Love 1

This turn of phrase really gave me a good idea of just how bad your mom's cooking was!

It also made me think of the duggars, actually. Because WHY should the women in any family be stereotyped into doing all the cooking? Maybe they don't have an innate talent for it (or don't enjoy doing it), and maybe some of the MEN just might be better and more willing?

But, no..that's women's work. Bleh

Well, in our case, he wasn't around, but as it turns out my brother is a pretty decent cook ;)

• Love 2