Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E10: The Girl Next Door

photo fox
  • Start Topic

Glad she was found guilty.  After last night's Dateline, if she had been found not guilty I think it would've blown my mind.

I was annoyed at how she kept saying "But I didn't do anything wrong!" as she was lead out of the courtroom.  Really sorry if her husband abused her...but yeah, that was murder.

• Love 2

I don't think her husband abused her at all. This bitch was off! I was laughing when I saw her crying she didn't do anything wrong! What do you think murder is you crazy ass! And her calling the insurance comp. two days BEFORE gunning the poor clueless guy down? Puleeze!! She's a sicko! There was just no good proof at all she was raped. I saw right through her.

• Love 3

I thought it was odd that the juror was so insistent that the rape had happened.  Maybe it was just short sightedness on the juror's part or just a determination once seeing the word rape she latched onto it and didn't think it through. 

I thought it was also interesting how slightly sly her friend who took the pages was when she was interviewed by Erin.  She said how bruises progress and it seemed she knew that she had opened the door slightly since Erin could have followed with "bruise progress whether they were inflicted in an assault or faked to make false accusations"  There just this tiny moment where I think the friend knew damn well those bruises did not come from the so called attempt. I also noted that a couple of days latter the supposed "progressing bruises" actually weren't.  I think if you grab and throw someone around, you score much different levels of bruising that would age differently no matter what kind of excuse the defense gave.  In stead it looked the bruises were placed with a uniform degree of pressure.  There was different patterns but in some places a rapist would hold really tight and others he would grab and slip or grab and then move and grab again.

I had this one this morning and didn't save it to go back and check.  Did they look at the friend's computer or phone?  Because I wonder what kind of searches were going on with her computer.

I definitely think she called the insurance company to make sure the policy was in order.  She asked if they had her correct address knowing that when they pulled up the policy they would inform her if there were any problems or issues.  When the service rep didn't do anything other than affirm her address she knew she could load her gun.

• Love 1

I believe she is guilty of murder.  She went there with a gun to kill him.  This was after calling to make sure the insurance was up to date.  They said she kept up the insurance payments even though she was complaining about money and not paying other bills.  Why do people have life insurance on an ex anyway. 

She would have pulled up across from the boat if she wanted a photo.  Not behind it like she did.  If she was afraid he was coming to hit her she could have easily driven away quickly.  It took a lot longer to find the gun and get out of the car to shoot than it would have to just back up away from him. 

I did not believe a thing she said.  There was something odd about her.  She made a lot of texts during the night when she was suppose to be knocked out cold. 

• Love 3

What I thought that was odd was after being raped, she called the person who raped her for help. If my ex raped me, threw me in a wall, I passed out, the last person I'd call would be my abuser. I'd call a friend or relative.

Just made no sense.

• Love 4

What I thought that was odd was after being raped, she called the person who raped her for help. If my ex raped me, threw me in a wall, I passed out, the last person I'd call would be my abuser. I'd call a friend or relative.

Just made no sense.

There have been several cases profiled on this and Dateline (and 20/20 no doubt) where the wife/girlfriend and even at least once the husband/boyfriend claims to be in such fear of the person they end up forcing a confrontation with and gunning down.   I know it is not based on fact since we all act differently and often inexplicably.  But I was thinking 'okay maybe she was raped and she was afraid if she didn't have evidence she had the pictures taken and maybe 'enchanced' them'.  Or 'maybe she he beat her up didn't rape her, but she felt he would or could have and so exaggerated her story'  Both which I find wrong by the way.  But falling into the category of fear makes you do stupid things. 

But I can't comprehend the juxtaposition of this overwhelming fear prompting the shooting but doesn't prevent you from putting yourself into the situation in the first place.  As mentioned above she had escape with her car.  She even had the means to put herself into a position of greater safety. 

And after the Dateline episode before this one, I'm also wondering if some of these murderers who have a child with the victim figure not only will they get the cash from the insurance but also control the estate which goes to the kid(s).

• Love 2

I don't think her husband abused her at all.

You could be right...I was giving her the benefit of the doubt in light of the fact she killed him.  You know what else I think this could've been?  Two-way domestic violence.  She may just have conveniently left that part out.

Also, I'm an RN too.  If I wanted to make myself look beat up, I could figure out how to do it.  Dose myself with aspirin for a week, then ta-da! the bruises would be easy to make.  (I just thought of that during the episode BTW...not that I would ever do that.)

Edited by jenkait
  • Love 3

Dumb question but what was her reasoning for wanting a picture of the boat? Anyway, I didn't buy her story & her girlfriend who took the pictures didn't seem to credible. That said, every parent always thinks their little Johnny is innocent and could never do anything wrong. He could have beaten her but they would never would have believed it or said so.

• Love 2

I believe she said she was going to take a picture of him working, for her custody case or her divorce case or something.  Maybe to prove he should pay her more money if he's working?  I thought she said she wanted to take a picture of the TRUCK; however she could've been wanting to take a picture of him actually working, which COULD explain why she was behind the truck, taking a pic of him building the dock? 

I'm think really cynical.  I wasn't sure the husband had beaten her, but then when the husband's mother was all, "Oh, I know my son would NEVER do that!" I thought, "yeah, he probably did".

Jenkait, you were right about why she wanted to take pictures. Somehow, I had gotten confused with a boat since they were near a dock. Also, like they said in the report she was behind it and not on the side of it for a picture. I think he may have tuned her up a few times but I also think she was trying to cash in via the insurance policy. I was curious to hear what the grandmother was going to tell the granddaughter about her mother & father. The little girl will be 20 when her is mother is supposedly released.