Type keyword(s) to search

Long Island Medium - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, rainsmom said:

30 happy years aren't wiped out by a divorce. When he married her, she was agoraphobic and needy. Now she has conquered that and has a small empire. They grew in different directions. He's on the other side of the country focusing on his wine.

They were smart to part while they could still be friends.

Well THAT is certainly true. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, rainsmom said:

30 happy years aren't wiped out by a divorce. When he married her, she was agoraphobic and needy. Now she has conquered that and has a small empire. They grew in different directions. He's on the other side of the country focusing on his wine.

They were smart to part while they could still be friends.

When Larry walked into Victoria's engagement party you could feel how he'd changed.  His appearance and mannerisms are suddenly very "upscale" compared to the way he used to be.  Makes me think he's putting on airs and hob-nobbing with a rich crowd.  I suppose becoming a minor celebrity may have gone to his head a little bit.  I still don't get his living in California.  So much of what he's up to out there seems to be a big secret, unless there's stuff on social media I haven't seen.  Supposedly he had a girlfriend in some southeastern state but then when I heard he was living in California nothing made sense.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Funny I’m just the opposite. By now her readings all sound the same to me. Little pep talks “ they are doing great on the other side with family, they are watching you, they want you not to blame yourself and move on with your life. They are proud of you”.  Theresa’s family is the only interesting part for me- or I should say was, since I haven’t really watched much since her divorce.

Totally agree, this show needs to end or at least do 50% family drama cause it is friggin repetitive and btw I really want to know what her current and former friends, classmates, and neighbors have to say about this "gift". How is there not one website or FB on this crap?

• Love 2

Wow, this last episode was the first I've liked in a long time. I like the "real long island medium" part of the show! I did also like the hearing impaired woman's reading. 

Good grief, I can not believe how large Victoria has gotten. Is that all from medication? She really need to cover up a bit more. Those revealing gowns are not doing her body any favors. Rolls of fat and most of your breasts on display at your wedding, how classy!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Good grief, I can not believe how large Victoria has gotten. Is that all from medication? She really need to cover up a bit more. Those revealing gowns are not doing her body any favors. Rolls of fat and most of your breasts on display at your wedding, how classy!

I know....Not to be cruel but Victoria looks like a thin person wearing a fat suit.  I don't care if they get her a larger cup size those gowns are still going to look hideous on her.  They only make her look fatter plus they clash with her tattoos, in addition to looking trashy.  From the back it was just as bad!  I haven't seen gowns that looked that unflattering in a long time, even on SYTTD!  They were clearly for a much thinner figure only - like the woman Theresa "read", who was wearing a similar gown but looked great in it.  My mother would never let me get away with looking like that.  It's like "The Emperor's New Clothes" with her, though.  Her mother doesn't care as long as the dollars keep going "cha-ching" with the show!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
On 12/7/2019 at 8:15 AM, lgprimes said:

Funny I’m just the opposite. By now her readings all sound the same to me. Little pep talks “ they are doing great on the other side with family, they are watching you, they want you not to blame yourself and move on with your life. They are proud of you”.  Theresa’s family is the only interesting part for me- or I should say was, since I haven’t really watched much since her divorce.

THIS!

As you said her readings are all the same... Don't worry grandma says she's happy and you shouldn't feel guilty blah, blah, blah...

The Tatum O'Neil reading ended it for me... Theresa sat there acting like no one knew who Farrah Fawcett was or that Tatum's bio mom died from cancer etc... 

All of that information is well known and spoken about in several books not to mention the volumes of People mags etc that reported every detail for years plus there were 3 different reality shows that documented all of it so for Theresa to sit there and act like she knew nothing of Tatum's life made me sick.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yeah, Victoria has gotten large. But it appears she's gotten something more important in life ..a fiancee/husband who loves her and they both seem happy. 

True, but health problems at that weight are going to happen sooner or later. With all her mom's money with what they are spending on TWO gowns plus the whole shebang. Give her the gift of a personal trainer. She's young, it will be easier to get in better shape at her age. When and if the children come it will be harder. Yeah, my 2 cents but she used be so cute and average sized and she is fair game being on tv. 

Edited by msrachelj
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

True, but health problems at that weight are going to happen sooner or later. With all her mom's money with what they are spending on TWO gowns plus the whole shebang. Give her the gift of a personal trainer. She's young, it will be easier to get in better shape at her age. When and if the children come it will be harder. Yeah, my 2 cents but she used be so cute and average sized and she is fair game being on tv. 

I agree 100 per cent. Anyone (except young children) on reality TV is definitely fair game for scrutiny! 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I couldn't agree more....With all her money her mother should do something to help her daughter.  She does her no favors not to help her get in shape.  I still wonder whether her sudden weight gain was medically caused.   Not addressing it could be bad for her health.  I'm usually not this way about people with weight issues but in her case it bugs me no end.  There doesn't seem to be any reason for it.  Plus her mother is so obsessive about her own weight and appearance, you'd think she'd have the same concern for her daughter.  Her complete lack of reaction to it feels almost like a lack of concern.  There may be more going on behind the scenes but I only have what we see to go on.

• Love 3
On 12/17/2019 at 12:18 AM, Yeah No said:

I couldn't agree more....With all her money her mother should do something to help her daughter.  She does her no favors not to help her get in shape.  I still wonder whether her sudden weight gain was medically caused.   Not addressing it could be bad for her health.  I'm usually not this way about people with weight issues but in her case it bugs me no end.  There doesn't seem to be any reason for it.  Plus her mother is so obsessive about her own weight and appearance, you'd think she'd have the same concern for her daughter.  Her complete lack of reaction to it feels almost like a lack of concern.  There may be more going on behind the scenes but I only have what we see to go on.

I wonder too, if there's some medical issue.  If that's the case, I hope she's feeling well and has her health back, soon.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, readheaded said:

I wonder too, if there's some medical issue.  If that's the case, I hope she's feeling well and has her health back, soon.

When is Victoria's wedding? Next year? Or did she already get married?

Since we did see the engagement party which must have been filmed last year or maybe early 2019. I guess the wedding won't be part of the show until next year's new season.

I think Victoria is going to get pregnant soon after marrying. She just seems like being a mom is her calling. I wish her and her fiance well.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2019 at 2:32 PM, msrachelj said:

With all her mom's money with what they are spending on TWO gowns plus the whole shebang. Give her the gift of a personal trainer

Or "Body Sculpting". It's done in little time (hours?) and the results (in the advertisements) look great.

I'm all for the easy way out. 😀

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Or "Body Sculpting". It's done in little time (hours?) and the results (in the advertisements) look great.

I'm all for the easy way out. 😀

She needs more than body sculpting. A nutritionist and personal trainer. How can a formerly beautiful and normal sized girl do that to herself? Unless she is sick, which, if this show is going to be all "reality" they should let us  know. 

She mentioned her fiancé’s family owns a pizzeria with delicious pizza! So I’m hoping her weight gain is pizza related not Illness. I like Victoria and felt bad for her when she was gown shopping and Teresa was getting all the attention. That’s gotta get old. I laughed pretty hard when after the salesperson got her reading from Teresa, Victoria turned to her and said “there, ya feel better now?” Lol like now can we focus on ME?!

• Love 2
(edited)

Theresa posted a photo on Instagram of her and Victoria and Larry junior (taken Palm Sunday?)

Victoria looks like she's lost a lot of weight. She looks good.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

I can't believe the Covid promo for TLC, where Teresa is talking from what looks like her gigantic walk in closet.     I bet it's easily half the size of my entire house.    And how did her roots disappear?    Does she have a live-in hairdresser?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't believe the Covid promo for TLC, where Teresa is talking from what looks like her gigantic walk in closet.     I bet it's easily half the size of my entire house.    And how did her roots disappear?    Does she have a live-in hairdresser?  

I wondered the same thing about her roots.  Maybe it's a wig?

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think it's a wig, since I've seen her with long roots before, and her hair looks way too thin for a wig.    I wouldn't be surprised if she had some kind of extensions though. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 5/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I thought her daughter was a hairdresser.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know about the rest of her family, except the now, ex-husband.   I Googled it, and yes, the daughter not only is a licensed hairdresser, but has a job.   (Kind of unusual for some of these 'reality' shows).   Whoever did those roots did a good job.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I haven't seen the promo. Is there a new season coming up soon?

I haven't seen a promo for her show, just her in 2 different spots about COVID ("I stay at home for...", etc.)

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I haven't seen a promo for her show, just her in 2 different spots about COVID ("I stay at home for...", etc.)

Thanks for the info. I thought she might have a new season coming up that was filmed before corona.

• Love 2
On 5/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, chenoa333 said:

I haven't seen the promo. Is there a new season coming up soon?

Probably not.  Her last season premiered last October so it probably won't be back until this coming Fall.  I don't know when filming starts but even now she could always do online readings or observe social distancing outdoors, so if the show gets renewed (no word on that yet, but there never is any word) she can still film.

• Love 1

I do not watch this show, but I saw a segment of it last night that was part of the sneak preview for 90DF.  I am not sure if it was for a new season or just something that would air on Discovery +.  Her guest was Marlee Matlin, the deaf actress.   I was taking out my contacts and I don't recall what the Medium said, but Matlin said the she (the medium) would not know that she had not been born deaf.    Well, the Medium would know it if she had ever looked at the article on Marlee on Wiki or read Marlee's autobiography that has been out for at least a decade.  And I expect that info is in her bios on IMDB and her own web page and fan pages.  

I was rather annoyed that this interrupted my sneak peak.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Twopper said:

but Matlin said the she (the medium) would not know that she had not been born deaf.    

I didn't know Matlin wasn't born deaf. I like her. Going to go Google her to find out how she became deaf. 

• Love 2

She is quite the conwoman.  I still can’t understand how nobody from her neighborhood has come out online or written a book about knowing her. I still like watching the show low except for the celebrity bs. I’ve lived long enough to know that there is nobody out there dead (or alive Fir that matter most of the time) who is really looking out for you and for those of us who don’t have a psychic tell us that our loved ones Have contacted us what are we supposed to feel? shit?

On 1/30/2021 at 7:14 PM, Twopper said:

I do not watch this show, but I saw a segment of it last night that was part of the sneak preview for 90DF.  I am not sure if it was for a new season or just something that would air on Discovery +. 

They're confusing us about which shows are going to only air new episodes on Discovery+.  I think this might be one of them.

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

New episodes are only on Discovery+ now.

! Well I won’t pay extra to watch. That sucks. I hate when they move shows to a platform that costs even more money. I pay more than enough for tv now. It’s like a bait & switch 🤬

1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

No posts on the new shows? 

Most people don't want to pay extra to watch this so I doubt too many people are watching anymore.  I get Discovery+ for free with Verizon so I've watched a couple of episodes but didn't feel motivated to post about them.

• Love 1

Anyone have any information on this scammer? Any gossip any insight? I can no longer watch the show since you have to pay for the app and I refuse to do that I pay enough money. Are there any other forms besides Facebook? I’d really love to hear some gossip and I just can’t believe no one has come in out in outed her yet

Anyone watching this on Discovery+? I hate when these shows switch to paying channels somewhere along their run. It’s fucking insulting to the audience but $$ is the bottom line. 
I think she is a fraud who is profiting off of the grieving, but I still want to watch it. 

Anyone watching on Discovery+? I hate when they move shows to $$ channels. I refuse to pay for another app. 
mostly interested in any family drama.  What’s going on with the kids, has Victoria gotten her weight under control? How’s the marriage. What’s going on with Teresa’s ex? Etc? Not a lot of info online. I’m surprised there is Not more about her life before she discovered she was “psychic”.   Someone from the neighborhood or school must want to cash in on a tell all!!

On 6/7/2021 at 2:00 PM, chediavolo said:

I’d really love to hear some gossip and I just can’t believe no one has come in out in outed her yet

There are believers and skeptics and there really is no way to prove or disprove if psychics are genuine or fake. Much like religious beliefs, there is no way to prove the stories are real. JMO. 

I agree with everyone about all of the new services that require us to pay to watch what usually (for me) amounts to 3 or 4 shows that I like. Not worth it. 

I might be the minority here but I like LIM. Wish they spent more time on her doing readings and less about the kids. But that's what most reality shows give us. 

• Love 4
On 9/20/2021 at 12:10 PM, chenoa333 said:

There are believers and skeptics and there really is no way to prove or disprove if psychics are genuine or fake. Much like religious beliefs, there is no way to prove the stories are real. JMO. 

I agree with everyone about all of the new services that require us to pay to watch what usually (for me) amounts to 3 or 4 shows that I like. Not worth it. 

I might be the minority here but I like LIM. Wish they spent more time on her doing readings and less about the kids. But that's what most reality shows give us. 

This is how I feel. I really enjoy watching her, wish the show was less kids/life more readings and Theresa. 
It’s ridiculous they’re moving it all to streaming. I refuse to subscribe.  

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

This is how I feel. I really enjoy watching her, wish the show was less kids/life more readings and Theresa. 
It’s ridiculous they’re moving it all to streaming. I refuse to subscribe.  

If I didn't get Discovery+ for free with Verizon I wouldn't subscribe either.  I watched a couple of episodes of the latest season when they were first uploaded and realized I was fine not watching any more.  Same stuff different day.  I used to be on the fence about believing her but now I tend toward not believing her.  She uses too many known cold reading techniques plus is often so vague she could be talking about anyone.  Plus today there are so many ways of finding stuff out about people in advance.  I've noticed that in large unedited audience readings you can watch online she is often incorrect.  They just edit the show to show only when she's correct.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

If I didn't get Discovery+ for free with Verizon I wouldn't subscribe either.  I watched a couple of episodes of the latest season when they were first uploaded and realized I was fine not watching any more.  Same stuff different day.  I used to be on the fence about believing her but now I tend toward not believing her.  She uses too many known cold reading techniques plus is often so vague she could be talking about anyone.  Plus today there are so many ways of finding stuff out about people in advance.  I've noticed that in large unedited audience readings you can watch online she is often incorrect.  They just edit the show to show only when she's correct.

Some friends went to one of her events and felt everything she said was too vague. They wanted to go to more events to see if she was recycling the lines 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, lgprimes said:

lol I’m opposite! I don’t believe her readings but I used to enjoy all the family storylines. I haven’t watched it in a few years though and certainly would never pay to watch it.

A few friends say the same thing. They feel like the family is entertaining enough as it is for a show without the psychic stuff

• Love 3
On 9/23/2021 at 3:23 AM, LemonSoda said:

A few friends say the same thing. They feel like the family is entertaining enough as it is for a show without the psychic stuff

Her personal life was entertaining when she was still married to Larry. Now, not so much. But I still watch because I believe.

I also know that Theresa's readings are an hour long so the 3 minutes (or less) we see are edited by production. Who knows if there are more gems of "how could Theresa know that"? 

Everyone is free to believe or not and I respect that.

• Love 2
On 9/23/2021 at 2:24 AM, LemonSoda said:

Some friends went to one of her events and felt everything she said was too vague. They wanted to go to more events to see if she was recycling the lines 

I went to a psychic that told me a story of my life. About a year later I was driving around and I caught him on a radio interview. He did a reading. Yep, same story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I went to a psychic that told me a story of my life. About a year later I was driving around and I caught him on a radio interview. He did a reading. Yep, same story.

Was he correct when he told you the story of your life? So whoever he was reading on the radio had the same story? 
I just don’t understand what you’re saying but by the way I am not a believer, I think she is a con artist. 

• Love 1