Type keyword(s) to search

Long Island Medium - General Discussion

• Start Topic

i hate to say it but i love the family gossip crap aspect of the show more than the readings. they can be depressing and i still don't know what to think of theresa's "gift". one part of my brain says she is a complete charlatan but the other is a little confused. 

i have so many questions and observations. such as: why is she still living in the same ol house with all her  money?  i can see wanting to be close to her parents but she's got enough to buy houses for them both. instead of spending all that money renovating her home , buy a bigger better one.

is victoria living at home now? and on a shallow note, she has gained a few pounds but i wonder is she has some condition or what. 

teresa is quite annoying and what in the hell is with the outfits? good lord (old) woman, i'm not saying dress frumpy. at. all. but the nasty shit you are wearing is just grossly ugly. get a damn stylist because you suck at picking out flattering age appropriate clothes. but then again. look at the hair, makeup and nails. she gives long island women and italians in general a bad name. 

agreed, ratings must be down to have to drag her mother into being seen (but not heard, did she speak?)

about last nights show. it starts off with her being in california going to see larry for the first time in months. "we were both on the same coasts" umm, it's not plural but i digress....so we see her walking to his table in what i at first thought was another shitty fashion choice of half shorts half pants but noticed it was a leg brace. she sits down and we go back 3 months to the readings, etc and never come back to larry in california and no explanation of the brace. so nice editing and story telling  there show!

and she has got to tell us all the dirt or i at least want to know from a reliable source, on why she is divorcing. she put it out there in the public, so now spill.... from the quick glance we got it does not look like either of them parted the marriage amicably. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

i hate to say it but i love the family gossip crap aspect of the show more than the readings. they can be depressing and i still don't know what to think of theresa's "gift". one part of my brain says she is a complete charlatan but the other is a little confused. 

i have so many questions and observations. such as: why is she still living in the same ol house with all her  money?  i can see wanting to be close to her parents but she's got enough to buy houses for them both. instead of spending all that money renovating her home , buy a bigger better one.

is victoria living at home now? and on a shallow note, she has gained a few pounds but i wonder is she has some condition or what. 

teresa is quite annoying and what in the hell is with the outfits? good lord (old) woman, i'm not saying dress frumpy. at. all. but the nasty shit you are wearing is just grossly ugly. get a damn stylist because you suck at picking out flattering age appropriate clothes. but then again. look at the hair, makeup and nails. she gives long island women and italians in general a bad name. 

agreed, ratings must be down to have to drag her mother into being seen (but not heard, did she speak?)

about last nights show. it starts off with her being in california going to see larry for the first time in months. "we were both on the same coasts" umm, it's not plural but i digress....so we see her walking to his table in what i at first thought was another shitty fashion choice of half shorts half pants but noticed it was a leg brace. she sits down and we go back 3 months to the readings, etc and never come back to larry in california and no explanation of the brace. so nice editing and story telling  there show!

and she has got to tell us all the dirt or i at least want to know from a reliable source, on why she is divorcing. she put it out there in the public, so now spill.... from the quick glance we got it does not look like either of them parted the marriage amicably. 

Excellent post! I too, thought she was wearing pants with one short pant leg and one long pant leg! Lol. 

• Love 1

What I wanted know was exactly why was Larry living all the way in California? I get separation, but it seemed a little extreme to me, unless he had work and/or family and friends there. His rumored new gf lives in Alabama, so it really puzzles me.

I agree that the show readings are getting old—as much as I would like to believe they’re real, they seem a little formulaic.

• Love 2

I’m not a regular watcher of Long Island Medium , i think Theresa has become a multimillionaire by taking advantage of people’s grief. But no one forced them to ? to get a “reading”. I’ve wasted money for a group reading a couple of times for fun with friends/fam who lean towards believing. Some fam has gone to Lilydale in Buffalo and felt one or two psychics said things they couldn’t possibly know from cold reading techniques. Because my heart is frozen ?—> My interest was piqued when i saw the Larry & Theresa seperation previews, my first thought was :Are these reality tv whores pretending to break up for ratings???? You’ve got to be kidding me.....but obviously it seems like they’ve really parted ways. Larry seems chill and is nice looking, I’m not surprised he’s got a girlfriend already....that big alimony check will be NIIIIIIICE!!!!! * it made me roll my eyes that Theresa says it’s “ this & that” as the reason for the break up WHAT??!! 

Theresa’s hair , nails , outfits , she’s an extrovert but the yelling grates on my nerves - I guess she is stuck in that look , the public is used to it, she’s easily recognizable .  A ratings boost would be a MAKEOVER for me ! I’d be in for that episode ? How does she cook or just function in general with the white talons ?? Outfits not suitable for a 50 year old mom . As someone said above as well, the readings are a snooze fest Zzzzz Zzzzzz. Cue the reluctant mom for ratings. Is this show still popular ? 

* sorry bout the wall of text!! Imagine if i were a regular viewer

hahaha

Edited by DNR
Words
  • Love 3

that's right, there was a commercial for a new "psychic" show. mom something or other. i'm not feeling it.  sure would be awesome if there were people out there with an actual gift for speaking to the dead but all these hucksters make it impossible to believe. i'm surprised no one in teresa's past has exposed her yet .now that's a book i would read with relish. 

• Love 1
On 10/9/2018 at 12:45 PM, Adiba said:

What I wanted know was exactly why was Larry living all the way in California? I get separation, but it seemed a little extreme to me, unless he had work and/or family and friends there. His rumored new gf lives in Alabama, so it really puzzles me.

I agree that the show readings are getting old—as much as I would like to believe they’re real, they seem a little formulaic.

Yes, I've always found that peculiar. Larry moves to L.A. and meets his new gf online (?) and she lives 3000 miles away. There are so many beautiful women in L.A. so it does seem odd that Larry chose a woman who lives so far away. But close to the state that he moved away from! Lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I think Theresa might have an out of control shopping addiction...clothes, shoes, handbags. 

LOL, considering that her displaced clothes from her clothing closet took up her entire living room during renovations I am sure you are right!  Whatever they're building over the garage is likely going to be a 20 foot long closet!

• Love 1
On 2018-10-11 at 12:08 PM, chenoa333 said:

Yes, I've always found that peculiar. Larry moves to L.A. and meets his new gf online (?) and she lives 3000 miles away. There are so many beautiful women in L.A. so it does seem odd that Larry chose a woman who lives so far away. But close to the state that he moved away from! Lol

Larry is kind of repulsive, so maybe 3000 miles is close enough.

6 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Lol!! I don't think he's a bad looking older man. But I can understand where some women find him unattractive. 

4 hours ago, msrachelj said:

and NO taste.

I do like many of the tops/halter tops she wears but one thing I will never understand is women who pay thousands of dollars for Christian Louboutins and Theresa owns a lot of them.  I'll never forget the episode where Larry Jr moved out and Theresa turned his bedroom into a second clothes closet. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:
12 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Lol!! I don't think he's a bad looking older man. But I can understand where some women find him unattractive. 

I think he's gotten gnarlier in the past few years.  Not my cup of tea.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think he's gotten gnarlier in the past few years.  Not my cup of tea.

Yes, he has. He's become very skinny, scrawny looking over the years. I hope he finds a nice woman to share his life with. His new gf appears to be extremely into her looks...fake boobs, lip injections,  super skinny.

IIRC Larry met her through emails she sent to try to get a resding from Theresa. I don't know if she lost a child or sibling. Her Facebook page doesn't show much info on her or her family but I haven't checked her Facebook page for a long time. 

And I'm really not interested in seeing Theresa's mom on the show. She stayed completely out of the show up til now. I thought at first that Theresa's mom had passed away since we only saw T's dad on the show. Anyway, LIM has become just another stupid "reality show". Boring.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2

i keep seeing preview bits in the beginning of the show where she is talking to larry about him leaving and then they are no where in the actual show. what is going on? did anyone see her sitting and talking with larry at the table in california about him leaving her?

she is really becoming unlikeable. the clothes are killing me. good grief. she needs a stylist.

I used to be a regular watcher, but its very sad to see the heartbreak many of these families have. I thought I saw on the table when Larry was waiting for Theresa to show up a bottle of wine that the label had Caputo, so maybe he is following his dream of wine making. I really thought they made a cute couple, but I can see where fame and fortune got to Theresa. 

Her nails are horrendous

• Love 4

not much action here. any one watch last night?  i can barely pay attention to what is being said anymore because all i can focus on is her hair, nails and horrible clothing choices. 

still can't believe with all her $$ she chooses to stay in that house. i know long island. there are much nicer places she could move. and she can afford to take her parents with her.

i still want the dirt on her and larry. i wish someone would spill. book, tv special, magazine article. look, she put her life and relationship out there. stop teasing us and just let us know. did someone cheat, did larry get fed up with your "fame" what?! 

doe victoria have a medical condition or am i mis-remembering?

Who wanted out of the marriage first...Theresa or Larry? Did anyone notice the bottle of "Lawrence Caputo" wine on the table with Larry? I guess he wants to produce wine. Nothing wrong with that venture but the west coast is better for grape growing than the coast of Long Island. I wonder what was really happening there with the two of them?

• Love 1

Her hair and nails are crazy. I do not watch this show but stumbled upon it last night and watched 2 episodes. It’s too sad. All these people dealing with heartbreak. I recorded a 3rd episode. She’s torn her ACL and is wearing a ball cap and (what looks like) minimal makeup. She looks so much better!

• Love 2

Teresa is an attractive person, but what she does to herself with her nails, her hair, and her wardrobe is strange. The huge nails alarm me the most ... it's like she's always wanted to be handicapped but she's not so she gets those weird nails. I remember one show where she was wearing a knit cap, covering almost all of her hair .... you could see what a pretty face she has and she looked adorable.

• Love 2

Theresa looks much better and much younger with less make up and hair. Apparently, she feels prettier and more desirable with all the glitz and craziness. She's made a recognizable brand for herself by her hair, nails and loud voice. Certainly not by her psychic medium capabilities. 

When is Hollywood Medium coming back on? Lol.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Tanichka said:

I just saw a commercial every 2 minutes, for her show about her daughter being bullied.  She could stop being such a fame whore, then nobody would know her daughter.

I think the bullying is about Victoria's weight. Although I personally, don't think Victoria is fat by any stretch of the imagination. But famous or not, overweight people get  harassed and unkind words are said.

However, Victoria is not in high school anymore so she probably gets "bullied" about her weight because her mom is a reality TV star and people are jealous of their notoriety. I doubt Victoria is the only "overweight" 20 something year old in Jersey!

• Love 1

Victoria's high testosterone level could be a sign of PCOS, which would account for sudden weight gain.  It especially happens to women in her age bracket.  I don't condone bullying anyone for their weight and I am not skinny either, but I am glad Theresa talked her into looking into the possible medical reasons for it.  If it's caused by a condition, she should take steps to treat it as it could be unhealthy for her to ignore it.  I know people today have a "take me as I am" attitude, but excess weight can be and often is a health issue, and to ignore it is not good for you in the long run.  Witness the threads on this site for "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" to see why.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, rainbowrockgal said:

Is there a forum for Mama Medium? I can't seem to find it searching. Thanks

Who is Mama Medium? I haven't seen any commercials/ads for this person/TV show where I live (West Coast)

It is a new TLC show that follows Long Island Medium. It premiered last night (Monday). 

"TLC describes Jennie Marie as a doting wife and mother with a larger-than-life personality. She also happens to be gifted with the extraordinary ability to talk to the dead. Not only is Jennie a medium, psychic, and fourth-generation clairvoyant, but connecting with people who are otherwise incapable of communicating for themselves is her calling card. This series shows how Jennie helps people who are desperate to communicate with their loved ones, whether they've transitioned to the afterlife or suffered a life-altering incident. Episodes showcase several readings, while also exploring the star's home life in Rochester, N.Y."

As far as I am concerned, the jury is still out.  Must be something in the water in NY eh?

Edited by rainbowrockgal

i don't know why i am obsessed with this but i must know the reason why theresa and larry are divorcing. why did he feel he had to move to california? is he conflicted after all these years because he knows she is a fraud, was one of them cheating, what!? i am 90%  sure this contracting the dead stuff is one big crock of ****.  sure, it would be nice if they watched us, looked over us etc. but in my opinion, having lost quite a few people , including very close family, i have never felt like they were ever around.  last night with the actress and her wife, she probably could have gotten information somewhere. so these celebrity readings area totally bogus. there is always a way to find out info on people in the public eye.

isn't there a theresa is a fraud page out there? i have to look . 

7 hours ago, msrachelj said:

i don't know why i am obsessed with this but i must know the reason why theresa and larry are divorcing. why did he feel he had to move to california? is he conflicted after all these years because he knows she is a fraud, was one of them cheating, what!? i am 90%  sure this contracting the dead stuff is one big crock of ****.  sure, it would be nice if they watched us, looked over us etc. but in my opinion, having lost quite a few people , including very close family, i have never felt like they were ever around.  last night with the actress and her wife, she probably could have gotten information somewhere. so these celebrity readings area totally bogus. there is always a way to find out info on people in the public eye.

isn't there a theresa is a fraud page out there? i have to look . 

Probably. Some people believe in psychic mediums and some people don't. 

I'll bet there are also internet pages for "my lawyer is a fraud, " my mechanic is a fraud", "my doctor is a fraud". Lol.

Watching Theresa pretend she didn’t know how Barbara Edens son died ( drug OD) C’mon - that’s old news.   I’m also in the camp of being curious what happened to the marriage but hey maybe they just got sick of each other. 

Watching (BIG)Mama Medium on TLC , don’t see a PTv page yet.  MM was talking to a family around their bed ridden non communicating (coma?) loved one ... the patient starts moving and MM says here’s what she’s saying . All i could think was the patient was saying DONT LISTEN TO THIS FRAUD ! ?

• Love 3

Hey guys—let's stay on topic and talk about Long Island Medium in this forum. If you want to request a forum for Mama Medium, read how to do that here. Thanks!

17 hours ago, DNR said:

Watching Theresa pretend she didn’t know how Barbara Edens son died ( drug OD) C’mon - that’s old news.   I’m also in the camp of being curious what happened to the marriage but hey maybe they just got sick of each other. 

Watching (BIG)Mama Medium on TLC , don’t see a PTv page yet.  MM was talking to a family around their bed ridden non communicating (coma?) loved one ... the patient starts moving and MM says here’s what she’s saying . All i could think was the patient was saying DONT LISTEN TO THIS FRAUD ! ?

that's what i came here to say. what b.s! everyone that knows anything about barbara eden knows her son died years ago. this reading of celebrities is such a crock. she is really showing what a huckster she may be. 

yep, damn it. tell us the dirt on your marriage. you put your life in spotlight and now we want to know if you cheated, larry cheated, he can't take your lifestyle and career, what??!!

also have to say. i loved barbara eden when i was a little girl. i wanted to look just like her when i grew up. she was pretty for a long time but i hate to say this, what has she done to her face??? she must be like what 80? she has little bumps all over, probably from bad injections, face pulled unnaturally tight, etc. another scary job of trying to look young. jeez, i am really starting have big time respect for these actresses who age like normal humans and don't make me want to hide! it's sad really.

anyone know what medical issues mindy cohen had ? i watched her also. she looks good. 

• Love 1

i wonder if teresa was watching john oliver the other night! it was brutal. and very interesting. i can't wait for the day she is exposed. there has GOT to be someone out there in her neighborhood or a former school mate who has the dirt. 

Where is everyone? I need to snark on Ms. Theresa and her family and her "profession". Who watched last night?

What in the hell is she doing to her house? And it seems it has undergone numerous renovations over the  years. This time it is quite different. Why wouldn't you just move when you now are a millionaire from your reality show? She could buy a home for  her parents too if that's the reason. My God, the more I watch the more I can't stand her personality. Yes, I still wonder how there are some things she knows but I can't believe it anyway. 

The Tatum O'Neil segment was truly ridiculous. She acted as if she didn't know who her "step mother" was ( I don't even think Ryan & Farrah were married) really, bullshit. At your age you know Ryan was with Farrah forever. Asking if her parents were actors etc. She is such a phony.

Her daughter looks like shit. Is she ill? If not, her mother should pay for a gym and a nutritionist. 

Larry was smart to live the rest of his life away from this crap. 

Theresa certainly seems to be doing well sans husband. 

I wish someone would expose her. Or tell me why none of my deceased loved ones and fiends never contacted or watched over me!!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Where is everyone? I need to snark on Ms. Theresa and her family and her "profession". Who watched last night?

What in the hell is she doing to her house? And it seems it has undergone numerous renovations over the  years. This time it is quite different. Why wouldn't you just move when you now are a millionaire from your reality show? She could buy a home for  her parents too if that's the reason. My God, the more I watch the more I can't stand her personality. Yes, I still wonder how there are some things she knows but I can't believe it anyway. 

The Tatum O'Neil segment was truly ridiculous. She acted as if she didn't know who her "step mother" was ( I don't even think Ryan & Farrah were married) really, bullshit. At your age you know Ryan was with Farrah forever. Asking if her parents were actors etc. She is such a phony.

Her daughter looks like shit. Is she ill? If not, her mother should pay for a gym and a nutritionist. 

Larry was smart to live the rest of his life away from this crap. 

Theresa certainly seems to be doing well sans husband. 

I wish someone would expose her. Or tell me why none of my deceased loved ones and fiends never contacted or watched over me!!

Her daughter looks like she's having a hard time and I was surprised to see how heavy she is.  Larry Jr. seems like he's got his life together moreso than Victoria.  Her fiance seems nice, though.  

I couldn't care less about Tatum O'Neal and her quest to make herself relevant.  I feel terrible for Louie Anderson, though.  I've heard other interviews with him and seeing him on the show makes me think he's always on the verge of hurting himself, which makes me sad.

I'd love to know why Theresa and Larry divorced.  Something seems fishy about the whole thing.  And, why move all the way to CA?  

Agreed on the house renovation.  Also, why not wait to do that when you're not taping your show?  I get the impression that she likes to maintain the "I'm the same person (just a girl from Long Island) I was before fame"

• Love 3
22 hours ago, readheaded said:

Her daughter looks like she's having a hard time and I was surprised to see how heavy she is.  Larry Jr. seems like he's got his life together moreso than Victoria.  Her fiance seems nice, though.  

I couldn't care less about Tatum O'Neal and her quest to make herself relevant.  I feel terrible for Louie Anderson, though.  I've heard other interviews with him and seeing him on the show makes me think he's always on the verge of hurting himself, which makes me sad.

I'd love to know why Theresa and Larry divorced.  Something seems fishy about the whole thing.  And, why move all the way to CA?  

Agreed on the house renovation.  Also, why not wait to do that when you're not taping your show?  I get the impression that she likes to maintain the "I'm the same person (just a girl from Long Island) I was before fame"

I like Louie Anderson and I too feel he sad for him. Depressed? There has to be some site out there somewhere with the reason why Teresa and Larry divorced as well as there have to be former friends or school mates that have tales to tell about her "gift". 

• Love 1
On 10/20/2019 at 9:14 AM, msrachelj said:

With all the money she has spent tearing apart a perfectly nice house on renovations she could have bought 2 mansions already.  Even at Long Island prices.  In addition to the shopping addiction, she seems to have a renovation addiction as well.  Plus an aversion to change.  She manages to spend tons of money on looking exactly the same and living in exactly the same place.  I'll bet she has 15 pairs of shoes that look exactly the same too.

I know, and speaking of looking like shit, Tatum looks like shit too.  I know she struggled with drugs when younger and it probably has caught up with her appearance-wise.  I was actually kind of shocked to see her looking so bad at 55 years old.  I had only seen her a couple of years ago on TV and she looked much better.  I read that she had spinal surgery earlier this year.

When Victoria had tests done last year and found out she had a high testosterone level I thought perhaps she could have PCOS, which can cause sudden weight gain.  I wonder if she ever followed up on that.  She actually looks like she's lost a few pounds since then and made mention of being on a "wedding diet" so hopefully she'll lose a few more.  I couldn't believe the fugly dress they both loved for her engagement party.  I thought she looked like crap in it, plus who wants to look like a bride at their engagement party?  I think part of the problem with Victoria is that like a lot of women her age these days, she dresses like crap and has no idea how to flatter her own figure.  At the very least she needs a professional bra fitting because those girls are hangin' mighty low for her age. 

I can just see the wedding ahead.  I've been to some of those Italian American weddings out on the Island and let me tell you, they pull out all the stops.  With Theresa's money funding it, I'm sure they'll spend a pretty penny.  I agree that the family stuff is far more interesting than any of the readings, which are repetitive and by now I'm figuring out all her "cold reading" tricks.  Still, she manages to come out with some pretty astonishing and specific stuff that no one knows except the person she's reading.

18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Still, she manages to come out with some pretty astonishing and specific stuff that no one knows except the person she's reading.

I agree. And I also have a difficult time believing she's screwing people over when her entire family seems sweet, kind and grounded. Hell, they even cried over the death of their dog Petie.. had a memorial service for him. 

I think there are BS psychics and then there are ones who CAN  communicate with spirits. 

I enjoy watching the segments where she's doing readings, not interested in the family stuff but that's pretty much how all reality TV shows are.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2019 at 11:59 PM, Yeah No said:

With all the money she has spent tearing apart a perfectly nice house on renovations she could have bought 2 mansions already.  Even at Long Island prices.  In addition to the shopping addiction, she seems to have a renovation addiction as well.  Plus an aversion to change.  She manages to spend tons of money on looking exactly the same and living in exactly the same place.  I'll bet she has 15 pairs of shoes that look exactly the same too.

I know, and speaking of looking like shit, Tatum looks like shit too.  I know she struggled with drugs when younger and it probably has caught up with her appearance-wise.  I was actually kind of shocked to see her looking so bad at 55 years old.  I had only seen her a couple of years ago on TV and she looked much better.  I read that she had spinal surgery earlier this year.

When Victoria had tests done last year and found out she had a high testosterone level I thought perhaps she could have PCOS, which can cause sudden weight gain.  I wonder if she ever followed up on that.  She actually looks like she's lost a few pounds since then and made mention of being on a "wedding diet" so hopefully she'll lose a few more.  I couldn't believe the fugly dress they both loved for her engagement party.  I thought she looked like crap in it, plus who wants to look like a bride at their engagement party?  I think part of the problem with Victoria is that like a lot of women her age these days, she dresses like crap and has no idea how to flatter her own figure.  At the very least she needs a professional bra fitting because those girls are hangin' mighty low for her age. 

I can just see the wedding ahead.  I've been to some of those Italian American weddings out on the Island and let me tell you, they pull out all the stops.  With Theresa's money funding it, I'm sure they'll spend a pretty penny.  I agree that the family stuff is far more interesting than any of the readings, which are repetitive and by now I'm figuring out all her "cold reading" tricks.  Still, she manages to come out with some pretty astonishing and specific stuff that no one knows except the person she's reading.

Italian American Long Islander here who just got married a year ago! I'm laughing, since I did get married on the island. 250 guests. 

Also, my friend Tori was one of the sisters who owns Harbor Bridal whose dad passed away on 9/11. Came over to this end of the forums because I was curious to see what people were saying about that reading. 

• Love 2
On 10/30/2019 at 2:37 PM, FreetheGirlses said:

Came over to this end of the forums because I was curious to see what people were saying about that reading. 

Sorry for your friends tragic loss. I don't remember that specific person being read by Theresa. I do recall Theresa doing a group reading for loved ones of people who died in the World Trade Center. 

What did your friend think of Theresa's reading? 

On 10/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, msrachelj said:

teresa is quite annoying and what in the hell is with the outfits? good lord (old) woman, i'm not saying dress frumpy. at. all. but the nasty shit you are wearing is just grossly ugly. get a damn stylist because you suck at picking out flattering age appropriate clothes

I like many of Theresa's clothes. Some are strange choices but most are clothes that look nice on her. 

Maybe she has the same stylist as Kelly Clarkson? 😀

• LOL 2
On 11/6/2018 at 12:44 AM, rainbowrockgal said:

Is there a forum for Mama Medium? I can't seem to find it searching. Thanks

That show seems like it disappeared shortly after its premiere on TLC (?). I only had the opportunity to see it once. 

You might be able to find episodes on YouTube.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
On 10/20/2019 at 6:14 AM, msrachelj said:

Tatum O'Neal changes what she remembers about every 10 years...

Maybe it's because her brain cells are fried from drugs.... A few years back I read her book and in the book she rants and raves about Farrah and how shitty it all was but for some reason lately she's decided that she barely knew Farrah and never saw her more than a couple times.

She had a chapter where Ryan and Farrah and Redmond (a baby at the time) rolled into the McEnroe estate and held up in one of the guest houses drinking and fighting like lunatics and apparently John McEnroe's parents were very regimented and didn't know what to make of Tatum's crazy family.... And John McEnroe hated Ryan and looked down his nose on "actors" he thought they were a joke and nuts.... It sounded like the ultimate house guests from hell.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 2
On 11/5/2019 at 9:13 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Tatum O'Neal changes what she remembers about every 10 years...

Maybe it's because her brain cells are fried from drugs..

So true. Tatum has never presented herself as a mentally/emotionally stable person. Most likely, because she's not.

And for phuck sake, stop with the "I'm the youngest person to ever receive an Academy Award". People barely remember her. And if they do it's because she is the daughter of Ryan O'Neal (O'Neill?) And one last thing, what the phuck did she do to her face?

• Love 3
On 10/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, msrachelj said:

sure would be awesome if there were people out there with an actual gift for speaking to the dead

I believe there are people that have a true gift of communicating with spirits, but those folks don't want to be on a TV reality show to share their gift. 

LIM is more of a reality show about Theresa's personal life and family, than it is about her "readings". She always gives a one hour reading to anyone who wants/pays for it. And we only see about 3 minutes of the hour session. That's most likely the producers editing the show so it doesn't go over the 30 or 40 minutes allowed.

I don't care about Victoria's wedding or Larry Jr's life. I just want more and longer readings. Since that's not going to happen, I don't watch anymore. Plus she's on in the Friday evening cable TV slot which is not a good place to be. 

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't care about Victoria's wedding or Larry Jr's life. I just want more and longer readings.

Funny I’m just the opposite. By now her readings all sound the same to me. Little pep talks “ they are doing great on the other side with family, they are watching you, they want you not to blame yourself and move on with your life. They are proud of you”.  Theresa’s family is the only interesting part for me- or I should say was, since I haven’t really watched much since her divorce.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Theresa’s family is the only interesting part for me- or I should say was, since I haven’t really watched much since her divorce.

WAS is the keyword! I don't care anymore now that Larry is gone. In the beginning, I loved to see their relationship, just because they'd been a couple for (30?) years. They appeared to be a good match. Apparently, I was wrong!

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

They appeared to be a good match. Apparently, I was wrong!

30 happy years aren't wiped out by a divorce. When he married her, she was agoraphobic and needy. Now she has conquered that and has a small empire. They grew in different directions. He's on the other side of the country focusing on his wine.

They were smart to part while they could still be friends.

• Love 1