Type keyword(s) to search

RHOBH: Mansions and Fashions

• Start Topic

I thought Adrienne's house was extra tacky. It's hard to believe sometimes that she was born with the silver spoon because she had the new money, I-just-got-paid-look down pat.

That was par for the course with Adrienne. She's that way with everything, really. Clothes, hair, makeup, shoes, plastic surgery. Subtley was definitely lost on her.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 5

I did write a long critique of Eileen's house, but I agree that what matters is how comfortable and happy the family is living in it.  My comments are based around how uncomfortable I would be living in that house, and how disappointed I was getting a peek inside.  This just isn't what I anticipated from such a cool looking house, and from wealthy people.  The wealthy don't inherently have excellent taste, they simply have the money to pay decorators who portray that good taste.   I would kill to see Lisa V's reaction as Eileen gave her a tour.  I don't think she would be able to hide her snobby disdain.

• Love 3

That was par for the course with Adrienne. She's that way with everything, really. Clothes, hair, makeup, shoes, plastic surgery. Subtley was definitely lost on her.

I am guessing Adrienne's new house is modern or transitional.  She strikes me as the type that follows what is hot at the moment.  She seemed very at home with rococo in her previous house and although over done to me, it looked like a decorator not designer had an open checkbook.  I am hoping Paul wasn't responsible for that mess.

As to Eileen's, there is no way anyone, except Brandi will comment privately or publicly about her home.  She pretty well let it be known that as her family home it is not to be a topic of discussion.  I find her residence confusing and perhaps she too needs to move into something that works better with her current style.

• Love 1

More than likely the bathroom counter is higher/taller than standard cabinets/sinks. I myself like the mismatched mirrors, it is more interesting than same ole same ole but I grew up in a house filled with antiques and have many in my own home (my parents were antique dealers).

I never felt or saw the presence of her kids living in that home. I can understand Lisa V's very clean house but not a home where 3 teens live. I get the feeling that Yolanda never allowed a toy outside the kids bedrooms or a playroom. Her is house is more about her and David as a couple, it is not a "family" home with/for/including kids IMO.

Yes Please! Do Brandi's house and Kim's as well while we are all talking about their homes. I like to see how we view these women and their families/homes differently. There really is no right or wrong here, it is all a matter of personal taste. So, PLEASE describe Brandi's and Kim's homes as well! LOL

Oh, please no. Last Brandi home tour she did in panties and a bra and I think Kim made orange juice.

• Love 2

I actually kind of like that they've named their house. I just don't see the need for all of the signs. The mat at the front is especially odd IMO and makes it seem like some sort of business either a spa or a boutique hotel. 

In the pic above I'm puzzled by the velvet rope. What the heck is that there for?

I thought Adrienne's house was extra tacky. It's hard to believe sometimes that she was born with the silver spoon because she had the new money, I-just-got-paid-look down pat.

Lol..the velvet rope is in a picture of a hotel lobby, not LisaV's house. I told you her entryway reminded me of a hotel lobby...guess you thought so also. :D

Adrienne was always slightly off with her fashions, leaving her tan on everyone's furniture and her decorating taste, it was as if she was living in a different century.  It goes to show born into money has absolutely nothing to do with having good taste.  How many designers came from a middle class background probably most.  

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 2

I would hate to have the job of having to keep Yolanda's refrigerator clean. Is it even functional? It looks like something just for appearances sake. If Yolanda exists primarily on vitamins and supplements and the girls are away in NYC, who eats all of that food? The husband seems like the type who is rarely home.

• Love 4

The house I disliked the most was Adrienne Maloofhoofs.

But the most fun to snark about!

My nitpicking of the Ho's houses started long ago.  Those who participated on another site with me, (not TWOP) will remember how much fun we had when Adrienne first listed her and Paul's home for $26 mil.  Here's the twins' bathroom. Remember.  26 million dollars.  This was from the listing that MAURICIO put together.  This house was a blast to nit pick from top to bottom.

maloof5.jpg

WTH, ceiling?

maloof18.jpg

http://curbed.com/archives/2014/12/08/rent-real-housewife-adrienne-maloofs-old-ugly-chateau.php

• Love 3

But the most fun to snark about!

My nitpicking of the Ho's houses started long ago.  Those who participated on another site with me, (not TWOP) will remember how much fun we had when Adrienne first listed her and Paul's home for $26 mil.  Here's the twins' bathroom. Remember.  26 million dollars.  This was from the listing that MAURICIO put together.  This house was a blast to nit pick from top to bottom.

maloof5.jpg

WTH, ceiling?

maloof18.jpg

http://curbed.com/archives/2014/12/08/rent-real-housewife-adrienne-maloofs-old-ugly-chateau.php

Ummmm, did Joe Gorga and Joe Giudice build it? LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

I love Yolanda's, Lisa R's and Eileen's houses proper.

I love where you walk in to someone's home and you know something about the person, you can see who they are from the way they are decorated you can see their lives. Though not my style I like that Eileen's is like that, you know what she likes. It seems she is in to Victorian, 1920's, and maybe French.  That being said her problem is that she doesn't edit and I bet she doesn't rotate her collections. There is so much of everything that you can't rest your eyes in order to appreciate what you're looking at. You need blank or negative space for balance. She doesn't have that. It looks like every "focus piece" has 3,4,5 plus other things around it that detracts and distracts from it, and there is no blank area that allows it to be showcased.  Some times more is just more.

Another thing I noticed is that everything  looks like it has lived in it's spot for decades. She brought it in and there it has sat year in and year out. When that happens over time it loses it's impact, you walk past it as you dust it, your guests always know that it's there. If you have a collection, my grandmother said you put out a few pieces, showcase them, enjoy them for a while then put them away and bring out something else that has been tucked away.  You will appreciate it anew and It keeps your house interesting for you and for your guests.

I loved Camille's house. What I've seen of Lisa R's house I like but it again is a bit too cluttered, but I loved that she fussed over spotting a visible lampshade seam. What I've seen of Kyles house also seems cluttered and overrun to me, how ever I do love those blue and white coffee cups she has. Lisa V's new house I find cold and someone up thread likened it to a department store...yes, exactly. I love her closet but that is about it. I liked her other house better. Other than the pink and roses I didn't then and don't now see much else of her in it. You could put anybody into the house and call it theirs.

I really love Yolanda's house. I love the lemons too. I make limoncello, lemon curd, desserts and cook with the fruit from my two trees (not the cleanse though, yuck). Inside and outside Yo's home is my kind of taste, a blend of mostly light with some medium and a bit of dark, casual but with a nod to modern and tradition. The pieces in the house are edited so they make more of an impact. You can see David in that house and she has family things around (painting "tiles" and photographs) but other than when she decorates the table for a party I don't see much of her. I love her closet as much as Lisa's, love her fridge more. I REALLY love the way the sliding/folding doors open up the entire wall  to the outside and patio. If I had the 27 million I'd buy it, mud slides and canyon fires be dammed. Plus I like the fact it's not on the beach. When spending a day in Malibu I hate parking, stopping, or backing up in PCH traffic.

One last thing, Eileen please clean the insoles of your shoes. Toe smudge is not chic. At least hide those pairs when you are having your home photographed.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

I don't know if they own their home or not but I do know they don't employ a gardener. Fo sho.  I wouldn't expect the grounds to be as lush and tidy as Lisa VP's or Yo's, but imo, that house is a mess, inside and out. I've seen healthier looking palm trees at the Miami airport hotel I stayed in last Friday night.  If you know a camera crew is coming to your house, spend $45 on a couple flats of flowers and put them in the planters that currently hold what look like 3 dying geraniums. Pull some weeds.  If you don't wanna pay someone to do it, that's what ya have boys for. ;-)

For some reason she got a really poor house tour edit. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/photos/tour-eileen-davidsons-home-and-closet

For instance:  someone picked out a few pair of ratty looking shoes with really dirty toe marks to photograph, close up.  Why??  Did Eileen pick them?  Interesting choices if she did. They choose to do a close up of the cherub statue by the cook top with a random ribbon tied haphazardly around it's neck. I know I sound like a nut, but it's just so odd to me that she wouldn't edit these pics. If you're going to tie back your tie-back draperies, tie both sides back.  Puddle them neatly.  Remove the power cord hanging over the dining room chair and hide the waste baskets with the white plastic bags as liners in the bedroom. The Emmy poster with your name on it?  Mat it and hang it straight in something other than a cheap plastic poster frame. Straighten up those candles in the holders, girl. I know I sound obsessive, but I'd be the same way about Brandi's house (and have).  I dunno.  Something about Eileen's house says 'lived in' but screams "We haven't don't anything inside or out for years."  Kadooz to her if she's cool with the overgrown vegetation, dirty shoes, broke down patio furniture, etc. but it seems like the photographers came and Eileen wasn't even home. LOL  Good thing it doesn't often rain in southern California.  The rain would have no where to go but for the baby trees growing out of the gutters. House is a mess.

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-

Everything you hate on, I love.  And I DO mean everything.

• Love 4

I would hate to have the job of having to keep Yolanda's refrigerator clean. Is it even functional? It looks like something just for appearances sake.

I don't think it's a 'real' refrigerator.  Like, you can keep fruit and beverages in there but not anything that can spoil quickly. The doors and hinges look exactly like what you find on seamless shower doors. I don't see any seals or gaskets like on a 'real' fridge.  We have a steam shower and couldn't have seamless doors because the steam would escape through the gaps.  That's how Yo's fridge appears to me - It'll just hold enough cold to keep things cool but not prevent meat (for instance) from spoiling. 

Everything you hate on, I love.  And I DO mean everything.

The shoes???  Hee.  I don't really hate on anything, walnut.  I'm fascinated by homes, design, floor plans, landscapes.  Some are just better than others but I know it's all subjective and very, very personal.

• Love 5

I would hate to have the job of having to keep Yolanda's refrigerator clean. Is it even functional? It looks like something just for appearances sake. If Yolanda exists primarily on vitamins and supplements and the girls are away in NYC, who eats all of that food? The husband seems like the type who is rarely home.

I love her fridge, it would be easy to clean but expensive as hell to keep beautiful and "scaped."

I'd much rather clean Yo's fridge than dust Eileen's tchotchkes.

• Love 2

I'd much rather clean Yo's fridge than dust Eileen's tchotchkes.

I just looked at Luscious Eileen in the green lace top and your post struck me as funny:   "I'd much rather clean Yo's fridge than touch Eileen's dustkies."  Anybody else?  No?  It's been a long day.

• Love 3

I read on a home site that Yo's fridge DOES work (a friend of the poster there has one.)  The doors are (obviously) not insulated though, and as Rye said, crappy seams when closing, so it costs around $700 a month to keep food cold, minimum.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I just looked at Luscious Eileen in the green lace top and your post struck me as funny:   "I'd much rather clean Yo's fridge than touch Eileen's dustkies."  Anybody else?  No?  It's been a long day.

Ha Ha!!!

=;-D

• Love 1

I don't think it's a 'real' refrigerator.  Like, you can keep fruit and beverages in there but not anything that can spoil quickly. The doors and hinges look exactly like what you find on seamless shower doors. I don't see any seals or gaskets like on a 'real' fridge.  We have a steam shower and couldn't have seamless doors because the steam would escape through the gaps.  That's how Yo's fridge appears to me - It'll just hold enough cold to keep things cool but not prevent meat (for instance) from spoiling. 

The shoes???  Hee.  I don't really hate on anything, walnut.  I'm fascinated by homes, design, floor plans, landscapes.  Some are just better than others but I know it's all subjective and very, very personal.

Didn't even see the shoes, but if they have toe jam or the sole equivalent thereof, then YES, I love that, too.  At least it is real, unlike most of anything and everything I've ever seen in good old Cali-forni-ay, eh! 

"Some are just better than others" (but I know it's all subjective and personal) - is kind of patronizing, no?  Or perhaps some of us have differing aesthetics?  :-)

"Some are just better than others" (but I know it's all subjective and personal) - is kind of patronizing, no?  Or perhaps some of us have differing aesthetics?  :-)

I'm sorry, walnut.  I didn't mean to be patronizing.  Aesthetics aside, some floor plans and home designs ARE better than others.  That's why certain home designers win awards year after year where the guy who's churning out floor plans with the front door opening into the kitchen or stairways to nowhere still has a lot to learn.  But there ARE people who might want a house where the front door opens directly into the kitchen. That's what I meant by subjective and personal. 

My landscaping and probably yours, IS better than Eileen's and here's why.  I have a moral obligation /Lisa Rinna to tell you - that not having plants growing in your gutters IS better than growing them there.  That's not patronizing or subjective.  Mold and structural damage is factual.  (Just making it look spooky and deserted is subjective. :-)

• Love 2

ryebread - no apologies necessary.  But I BEG to disagree. Probably because I live in (and love) Grey Gardens West / aka PARADISE (no dashboard lights needed).  I have many buried treasures, all meaningful to me, some structural damage (hopefully not TOO much mold), and don't give a flying fuck about housekeeping or landscaping, and enjoy my nightly raccoon visits.  Now, if only I could afford a plumber ....   I'll take REAL any day of the week  Eileen portrays someone who cares a wee bit less about appearances, and her substance seems to encompass family and sentiment - of course, she will turn out to be as phony as the rest of them, eventually ...  :-)

But honestly and absolutely, I'd be the ONE person who won the lottery and stayed right where I am now (with a few necessary home improvements that didn't disturb the critters or the natural environment I've embraced).  So, yes, TOTALLY subjective.

• Love 3

I'm inclined to agree about the fridge. It's beautiful but it's a glorified crisper. There's nothing in it but water bottles and fruit. She must have a traditional fridge/freezer somewhere else in the house. Most of those lavish houses have a second anyway. Where does her ice come from?

• Love 3

Chiming in to way I also don't care for Eileen's house. I look at it and feel like it would make me sneeze/itch. Unless she has a team of people coming in to dust all that...stuff, there's just no way her house is truly clean the way I like my home clean. I love her, but I like decor even less than cheap ass Brandi's, and that's saying a LOT. I also don't care for the dark browns/rusts/golds/tans along with the dark wood. It feels heavy and brooding. Many of Adrienne's rooms felt that way to me too.

Lisa V and Yolanda have the best homes for me, decor wise, and Yolanda wins all for decor, layout, and utility. I could really live in Yolanda's home and make the most of the space. Lisa's is pretty to look at it but doesn't feel livable to me.

I actually like what I have seen of Kim's house but I know she doesn't clean it well so that takes it down a few notches (I'm sensing a pattern here).

Brandi...I like the light and airy feel of her place and how realistic it feels, size wise. But she's even less clean than Kim so good luck to the owner when she moves out.

Kyle's house is OK. The decor could be better but it's a nice family home and they seem to enjoy it.

I loved all of Camille's homes. This is a weird thing to pick out, but I loved her big apothecary jars that she would fill with fruit, rice crispy treats, granola bars, etc.

The fashions...ay yi yi...I'm surprised women of such means look so tacky all the time.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2

This is a completely personal view, but I think that Eileen's house is atrocious.  On the show, we saw the front of it by moonlight, but by daylight it's a different story for me.  With that moat outside, it surprises me that Brandi either didn't go down those steps head first or fly through the air and drown.  (Wishful thinking?)  I don't much care for the inside, either.  On first glance, it reminded me of Carlton's house.  There's too much "clutter" for me.  I really like Eileen so far, but I think that the next time she has a day off, she should have a garage sale.

I agree, its atrocious.  All the furniture and decor is very cheap reproductions.  Inside and out needs to be gutted and done from scratch by someone other than Eileen.

I should mention I get a real creepy vibe from both Eileen and Vince, just like their house.

• Love 3

She does have another fridge in the kitchen. I glimpsed it, I think during the Anwar scene. If you are looking at the glass fronted fridge the "real fridge" is to your right on the next wall. I am probably the one person who hates Yolanda's glass fridge. It just seems so, I dunno, upscale diner-ish? And her stupid painting squares. I would rather have candid photographs made into painters squares than juvenile, ugly paintings from random people. 

If I compared the two best homes, in my opinion they are Yolanda's and Lisa V. But Yolanda's is Home Goods/TJ Maxx and Lisa's is boutique upscale travels eclectic modern (I totally made up that description, if you didn't guess). I prefer Lisa's because her's is more jet setter society dream house that I will never be able to have. Yolanda's is something I could copy. I guess I prefer the dream to the reality.

Yes you can see her fridge here http://www.celebhomes.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/yolanda-foster-house-5.jpg?aaa977 and it's huge. 

I don't like her fruit crisper, mostly because it seems to be there solely to show off nicely arranged fruit which makes it seem like a supermarket to me. But I would die for Yo's house. It is tastefully decorated and I love how light it feels, but the views are what really does it. And it was so smartly designed, so that every room has this amazing view.  To have a dinner party with the opened patio doors and that killer view! I can't imagine giving that up. I wonder where she and David will move.

• Love 3

For me, (and this is purely personal taste)Lisa R's house looks very dated to me. Everything from the furniture, flooring, kitchen, bathrooms. I'm that person that has to update my home every 5 yrs. or so. Not remodel, just freshen. You know, new area rugs, pillows, accessories, wall decor, paint,etc. I don't have a lot of money but if you shop around you can do it. Her house is exactly the same as it was years ago when she filmed her short lived reality show. 

Eileen obviously has a love for antiques which is fine, not my taste but I can understand it.  I just think she needs to get rid of all the heavy drapes everywhere. Woman, you're in Malibu, let the sun shine in! Take a cue from Yo's Malibu manse.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

The boys bathroom looks like Versailles and a 1978 double wide had a love child!

LOL. Perfect.

I just can't figure out why, prior to the pictures, the Maloof's (or Mauricio) didn't take the basketball net off, slap some paint on the walls and replace the mismatched tiles on the walls. I also don't understand, what looks like plumbing fixtures coming out of the window wall.

For owning a basketball team (at the time) and being as loaded as they were, the boy's bedroom was also kind of lame:

54-beverly-park-waybeverly-hillsca90210m

Now here's a basketball themed room done right:

cool-boys-basketball-bedrooms.jpg

This one cracked me up because what kid hasn't received a toy that completely overwhelmed a room?  I just found this pic on a site called 'uglyhousephotos.com'.  I might be gone for a while kids...

090809dixonmo.jpg

• Love 1

I agree, its atrocious.  All the furniture and decor is very cheap reproductions.  Inside and out needs to be gutted and done from scratch by someone other than Eileen.

I should mention I get a real creepy vibe from both Eileen and Vince, just like their house.

There is no way to determine if the antiques are "reproductions" from photos. My parents were antique dealers, I grew up in a house filled with them and have many in my own house. Having real/true antiques in your home is not appealing to many but for some of us, it is perfect! LOL I do think she needs to cut back on the some of the stuff she has all over the place but otherwise it does not bother me.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

There is no way to determine if the antiques are "reproductions" from photos. My parents were antique dealers, I grew up in a house filled with them and have many in my own house. Having real/true antiques in your home is not appealing to many but for some of us, it is perfect! LOL I do think she needs to cut back on the some of the stuff she has all over the place but otherwise it does not bother me.

Well, I happen to have a home filled with mahogany antique furniture and many other items I inherited.    When I saw her home on the show, most of her things looked fake and very low quality to me.  We all have different opinions.   :)

Oh Rye, you should put of the one of the home gym too!  The mismatched floor thing.

Adrienne's house was by far the worst, just horrid.

I still like Lisa's so much.  It's surrounded by such beautiful views and privacy, she's brought the outside IN with all of the windows. 

• Love 5

Oh Rye, you should put of the one of the home gym too!  The mismatched floor thing.

Adrienne's house was by far the worst, just horrid.

I still like Lisa's so much.  It's surrounded by such beautiful views and privacy, she's brought the outside IN with all of the windows. 

I was amused by Adrienne's wedding gown on display in the same way as I am by Yolanda's frig and Lisa's swan filled mote.

• Love 5

I think all the homes are attractive, in their own unique way, and with the thought of "to each his own" running through my thoughts on this topic.

First, I think the best housewife house belongs to Shannon Beador on RHOC! Newport RI puts most of Southern CA's homes to shame anyway. Eileen's home, if you visualize it without the antiques and paintings has an Orange County vibe, but with clutter.

Overall, I like all of their homes. (on RHOBH specifically) I have a couple of favorites because they have a style I prefer but I still think they are all lovely. I love all of their homes but not necessarily the decor they chose for each home!

Yolanda's is my favorite style wise and decor. White kitchen, thick marble countertops, upscale but not pretentious in any way. I like how Yo styled Gigi and Bella's NYC apartments. The fridge is awesome. It's a giant crisper that's just beautiful. The outdoor living area is over the top gorgeous. Lisa VP has my second favorite home. It's more unique or designer than Yos, so Lisa VP wins on originality for BH. Her closets, living room, entry way, backyard/view are to die for IMO. I know lots of people that name their homes, it's just the trendy thing to do over the last few years. I did love Lisa's other house as well. I prefer the kitchen on the first house, I think her new kitchen seems underwhelming in comparison to the rest of her house. The style is pretty but it seems too small.

I think Eileen's house is huge and beautiful but her choices in decor, IMO, don't match the Mediterranean style of the house. I still like her style, but think it belongs in a different home. Their house is Vincent's Malibu, laid back style with Eileen's fashion taste. I think she is a homey person which is refreshing for LA. I found it ridiculous that Brandi made fun of Eileen's home for being scary, since she seemed thrilled with Carltons garish vampire digs.

I feel the same way about Adriennes house as Eileen's as I think the furnishing, drapes, etc are a bit too much for the home. A mismatch. The Maloof home would have looked nicer if it was styled more like Lisa VPs other house across the street. Overdone it was...like someone mentioned the Guidici style, although I'm sure Maloofs homes bones were above and beyond construction wise compared to Teresa's! Teresa was just doing a knock off version of Adriennes style, same with the Gorgas...not my thing.

I like Lisa R and Kyles homes too. Kyles kitchen is pretty. I think she should not have let Faye's tacked up some if the rooms, but again, I'm always focusing on the bones of the house more than their individual styles. I also like Kim & Brandis California ranch homes. Camille has a gorgeous home, I think she has great taste. All of these women are a bit Fredericks of Hollywood tacky to some degree! Taylor's house was pretty, again, very OC looking.

These ladies are all lucky to live in these homes that's for sure.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

One thing I've come to notice about Yolanda is that she knows what colors and silhouettes work for her and sticks with them. She wears a lot of Lululemon and Jcrew, yet the only way I recognize something is because I have it. She wears the clothes, the clothes don't wear her. Same with Camille. I don't notice the same with the rest of the ladies in any of these franchises except for maybe the Countess. That and looking at Yolanda's house are the main reason why I stick with this franchise.

• Love 5

One thing I've come to notice about Yolanda is that she knows what colors and silhouettes work for her and sticks with them. She wears a lot of Lululemon and Jcrew, yet the only way I recognize something is because I have it. She wears the clothes, the clothes don't wear her. Same with Camille. I don't notice the same with the rest of the ladies in any of these franchises except for maybe the Countess. That and looking at Yolanda's house are the main reason why I stick with this franchise.

LVmom: I agree about Yo's fashion. I love Lululemon & JCrew too. My eldest daughter requested Lululemon for her bday and we granted her request, but reminded her at that price, you will get less "volume" filling the bday box!! Yo's fashion and home decor sense are perfect to me! Glad she cut her hair too.

• Love 2

I agree about the hair, IKnowRight. I really didn't notice Yolanda's style until she cut the hair. I'm not one to say anything about long hair on older women. I actually don't mind, for example, Vicki or Tamra's hair on RHOC. Yolanda's long hair and extreme blonde did nothing for her. This new look fits the personality she projects, and I'm sure is easier with her health issues.

Your daughter won't regret Lululemon. It lasts forever. I'm a fitness instructor and wear it day in, day out. I have Lulu's that are years old and still holding on strong. Your daughter has excellent taste!

• Love 1

I agree about the hair, IKnowRight. I really didn't notice Yolanda's style until she cut the hair. I'm not one to say anything about long hair on older women. I actually don't mind, for example, Vicki or Tamra's hair on RHOC. Yolanda's long hair and extreme blonde did nothing for her. This new look fits the personality she projects, and I'm sure is easier with her health issues.

Your daughter won't regret Lululemon. It lasts forever. I'm a fitness instructor and wear it day in, day out. I have Lulu's that are years old and still holding on strong. Your daughter has excellent taste!

Good for you, fitness instructor! My 30 year old niece is one too, she has a spunky personality and is full of life & energy 24/7! I love the Lululemon pieces too, and I prefer to have fewer, nicer things than lots of cheap pieces that you need to continuously replace. That daughter is 23 and just got her first real jr. Buyer job for a corporate retailer after college. Oh, when you don't have many other bills! The problem is we have 3 kids just out & still in college so there's not much $$ left over for mom & dad to play with! I could live in a Lululemon store.

Yolanda looks so much younger and with the hairstyle change. I'm 48 and used to have long hair until age 40. Switched to a shoulder length "bob" or is it "lob" for the last few years. I like how Eilleen Davidson went shorter too. I'm a fan of her from her early Y&R Ashley Abbott stints. She's beautiful in any form but shoulder length is nice on her. I'm so glad Kyle lightened up a bit too this season. She softened her color. Kim has a good hairstyle. I think Lisa VP looks younger when she is dressed more casually. She looks most beautiful in jeans & a t-shirt playing with her dogs & her flower gardens. The Ivory girl look never fails!!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3

I think all the homes are attractive, in their own unique way, and with the thought of "to each his own" running through my thoughts on this topic.

First, I think the best housewife house belongs to Shannon Beador on RHOC! Newport RI puts most of Southern CA's homes to shame anyway. 

Did you mean Newport Beach, CA? I didn't know the Beadors had a home in RI

OMG.   I love Eileen's fashion sense in clothes/hairstyle and I think she's gorgeous.  

As for her home décor ...

I mean, I usually really enjoy seeing different ways of decorating; that are suited to individual's personalities.     But that was ... just ... UGH .. NO!

I don't like the "Villa Rosa" signage on Lisa's house, but the rest of it,  I covet !  Definitely my favorite HW house, but my favorite backyard without a doubt is Vicki Gunvalson's.  

• Love 1

Did you mean Newport Beach, CA? I didn't know the Beadors had a home in RI

Sorry! I meant no place to me has homes like Newport, Rhode Island...there are beautiful gigantic homes in CA & the Hamptons, Long Island, NY, but to me, nothing beats the old school and glamour of the old mansions in Newport.

I just meant to say out of all the housewives, I think the Beador home beats them all. It is styled like a typical old Newport, RI home.

Mohamed Hadid has quite the place, but the decor, like in the hidden room, doesn't do it for me. But...I would love to have his bank accounts!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3

Co-signing on the Lululemon stuff.   Although I'm mainly a Lucy girl.  Sure the pants are expensive but they can make any ass look better.  What price for that? ;-) And when you factor in, how well made they are - my oldest pair is about 5 years old and they still look great. So about $1/month. No piling, no shrinkage.  Whereas the ones I've spent 28 bucks on are done in 6 months, faded, seams tearing and not enough lycra to mold my bootie the way Lulu or Lucy does.

I watched a talk show the other day and Eileen was on.  They played a soap clip from a couple years ago when she still had longer, darker hair, heavier brows and make-up.  Then the camera switched back to Eileen on the talk show couch with her loose curls and softer make-up.  She looks 10 years younger than she did from the clip.

• Love 4

That's what I think when I see Lisa's front doors, who keeps that glass so clean with all those dogs? My glass doors get covered in dog snot from about 2 feet down within a day of washing them.

• Love 2

Good for you, fitness instructor! My 30 year old niece is one too, she has a spunky personality and is full of life & energy 24/7! I love the Lululemon pieces too, and I prefer to have fewer, nicer things than lots of cheap pieces that you need to continuously replace. That daughter is 23 and just got her first real jr. Buyer job for a corporate retailer after college. Oh, when you don't have many other bills! The problem is we have 3 kids just out & still in college so there's not much $$ left over for mom & dad to play with! I could live in a Lululemon store.

Yolanda looks so much younger and with the hairstyle change. I'm 48 and used to have long hair until age 40. Switched to a shoulder length "bob" or is it "lob" for the last few years. I like how Eilleen Davidson went shorter too. I'm a fan of her from her early Y&R Ashley Abbott stints. She's beautiful in any form but shoulder length is nice on her. I'm so glad Kyle lightened up a bit too this season. She softened her color. Kim has a good hairstyle. I think Lisa VP looks younger when she is dressed more casually. She looks most beautiful in jeans & a t-shirt playing with her dogs & her flower gardens. The Ivory girl look never fails!!

Eileen is gorgeous. She doesn't look like she is plastic at all so whatever she is doing, or not doing, is fabulous. I like that her hair is not super long but still a little tousled and sexy. I also think her style, although not mine at all, say something about her being grounded and comfortable. It is so different than what I expected and I think it makes me like her more.

• Love 3

OMG.   I love Eileen's fashion sense in clothes/hairstyle and I think she's gorgeous.  

As for her home décor ...

I mean, I usually really enjoy seeing different ways of decorating; that are suited to individual's personalities.     But that was ... just ... UGH .. NO!

I don't like the "Villa Rosa" signage on Lisa's house, but the rest of it,  I covet !  Definitely my favorite HW house, but my favorite backyard without a doubt is Vicki Gunvalson's.  

It just struck me that Eileen seems to work and play very hard. She needs to look good for her job so her personal styling is on point. I just wonder if living with a bunch of guys who's interests are probably elsewhere too that the home is just that a home and its styling is low on their list. There does seem to be some deferred maintenance though that could be for a couple of reasons that I won't speculate on at this time.  

• Love 5

There does seem to be some deferred maintenance though that could be for a couple of reasons that I won't speculate on at this time.  

Oh please do!  I have some reasons I've held back on but without footnotes, sources and documentation signed in blood I hesitate to post them. LOL  Maybe we've got the same ideas?

• Love 1

Oh please do!  I have some reasons I've held back on but without footnotes, sources and documentation signed in blood I hesitate to post them. LOL  Maybe we've got the same ideas?

Ha! I'm just going to like her but she does seem (need?) to pile on the work.

• Love 2

Co-signing on the Lululemon stuff.   Although I'm mainly a Lucy girl.  Sure the pants are expensive but they can make any ass look better.  What price for that? ;-) And when you factor in, how well made they are - my oldest pair is about 5 years old and they still look great. So about $1/month. No piling, no shrinkage.  Whereas the ones I've spent 28 bucks on are done in 6 months, faded, seams tearing and not enough lycra to mold my bootie the way Lulu or Lucy does.

I watched a talk show the other day and Eileen was on.  They played a soap clip from a couple years ago when she still had longer, darker hair, heavier brows and make-up.  Then the camera switched back to Eileen on the talk show couch with her loose curls and softer make-up.  She looks 10 years younger than she did from the clip.

Makeup ages people more than most realize. The reason almost everyone looks better now vs. the 80/90s is very due to makeup( not just "procedures")

• Love 2