Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: The Puzzler In The Pit

WendyCR72

After a famous crossword puzzle master is found in an urban fracking site, the Jeffersonian team investigates puzzle champ's fellow players in order to track down the killer. After discovering that the victim was suffering from a mental illness when he died, the team realizes the case is much more complicated than it seemed. Meanwhile, a very pregnant Daisy (guest star Carla Gallo) seeks comfort from her doula, Valentina (guest star Mindy Cohn), and the newest member of the Jeffersonian family arrives.
  • Love 1

Well, the stuff with the birth was nice enough, although the stuff with the doula played by Mindy Cohn got annoying, but maybe it was supposed to, considering Daisy did end up in a regular hospital.

And I knew the kid's name before Daisy said it, but still...nice. Even if Daisy still irks the hell out of me.

The upcoming episode in 2 weeks doesn't look like much, but I admit the promo for the 200th episode interests me, a bit. Looks like AU? We'll see.

• Love 2

It was interesting that with fracking being in the news so much, the episode really had nothing to do with the whole issue (except for the fact that the body was in a pit with chemicals and the industry methods were briefly mentioned).  I felt bad for the son at the end. 

'Seely Sweets', huh?  That poor kid.  And, no wonder Daisy was screaming.  That was one big baby she delivered (although it looked smaller when Booth was holding it.  Maybe a different baby?).

• Love 3

They had the bit where each suspect leads to another a là Cold Case. They had the screaming child birth scenes. They had the long lost child given away as a baby. They had a strong man from a gambling mob. They had the unhappy wife and the jealous protégé. It was kind of like they took every crime trope and formula and threw them all together. Hmmm...maybe that's where they got the crossword puzzle idea: They were throwing around ideas from other plots and realized the process was like putting together a puzzle--a word puzzle, by golly! But they didn't have a single crossword puzzle in the episode, did they? Maybe they decided it would have been too much work to come up with a final puzzle he was working on that would reveal the killer, so they decided to give him Alzheimer's.

Was I the only one who thought Michaela Conlin/Angela was trying not to laugh at the giant-and-clearly-not-newborn baby covered with jam?

Oh well, the 200th looks good.

• Love 2

Didn't see the last twenty minutes thanks to President interruption.  I assume Daisy had her baby.  I assume Bones and Booth spent no more than one minute together in those scenes and did not kiss or hug or touch in any way?  I assume Brennan acted totally idiotic about something?  Okay cool.

May I admit that even though I guessed the baby's name, I still cried? I like Aubrey, but I loved Sweets, and I'm still sad that the character died.

I squeed a little when I saw Mindy Cohn. Yes, the doula was annoying, but she had fun with the role, and it was great to see her.

Was there a case? Eh, who cares?

• Love 1

Liked this episode a lot. In some ways a much better send off for Sweets than the designated good bye was. I liked the change in Daisy. Booth played his bits a little OTT. His grimaces during the delivery were a bit irritating.

• Love 1