Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Ask Jeeves

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On 8/29/2017 at 9:41 PM, bettername2come said:

I love that cougars consistently love Sam.

Not always. ;) Dr. McElroy, the curator who sold the first blade to "Magnus" (In "Blade Runners" S9) clearly was into Dean. Actually when Sam tried to take her business card, she drew it back and then handed it to Dean. LOL

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Not always. ;) Dr. McElroy, the curator who sold the first blade to "Magnus" (In "Blade Runners" S9) clearly was into Dean. Actually when Sam tried to take her business card, she drew it back and then handed it to Dean. LOL

I loved how blatant she was about her interest! And let's not forget Mildred from Into the Mystic :)

• Love 2

Hah, loved the Clue references too.  I didn't really understand why the shapeshifter daughter was killing people, I guess first to be the 'head' maid, but why kill the older son of the dead woman?  Was her plan to kill everyone so she'd be the sole heiress, which she essentially already was?  

12 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Hah, loved the Clue references too.  I didn't really understand why the shapeshifter daughter was killing people, I guess first to be the 'head' maid, but why kill the older son of the dead woman?  Was her plan to kill everyone so she'd be the sole heiress, which she essentially already was?  

She said the first death (of the other maid) was an accident and that she was just trying to scare her because she stole. Or she thought she stole.  So, she either wanted to the sole heiress, she was just nuts from being locked up her whole life, or she wanted to kill everyone who in her mind, had wronged her mother and/or father.  I'd guess the third one mixed in with some help from the second.

17 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I didn't really understand why the shapeshifter daughter was killing people, I guess first to be the 'head' maid, but why kill the older son of the dead woman?  Was her plan to kill everyone so she'd be the sole heiress, which she essentially already was?  

Shifters, in general, are underdeveloped as far as motivations go on this show. They don't feed off humanity like say vampires and werewolves, so if they're killing it's probably because they're not right in the head. I'm thinking the first one was an accident, as she said, but the ones after may have just been because once she got a taste for it, she liked it? Who really knows, but she sure did feel like she was entitled to kill 'em all. ::shrugs::

9 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Shifters, in general, are underdeveloped as far as motivations go on this show. They don't feed off humanity like say vampires and werewolves, so if they're killing it's probably because they're not right in the head. I'm thinking the first one was an accident, as she said, but the ones after may have just been because once she got a taste for it, she liked it? Who really knows, but she sure did feel like she was entitled to kill 'em all. ::shrugs::

I think shifters are like people in that they all have their own individual motivations.  It is quite probable that in SPN verse there are many shifters around us not killing and we just don't know about them.  I think anyone would go crazy after being locked in an attic her whole life.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think shifters are like people in that they all have their own individual motivations.  It is quite probable that in SPN verse there are many shifters around us not killing and we just don't know about them.  I think anyone would go crazy after being locked in an attic her whole life.

Oh yeah, being locked in an attic one's entire life would do a number on anyone. And, I'm sure most shifters live just fine without any problems, we only see the ones who are problems. I still think an interesting episode could be Sam and Dean running across a community of "harmless" monsters who don't feed off humanity, but have sought shelter together. Maybe coming across a small town of shifters could be a way to do it?

55 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Oh yeah, being locked in an attic one's entire life would do a number on anyone. And, I'm sure most shifters live just fine without any problems, we only see the ones who are problems. I still think an interesting episode could be Sam and Dean running across a community of "harmless" monsters who don't feed off humanity, but have sought shelter together. Maybe coming across a small town of shifters could be a way to do it?

Haven't they done that with Lenore in Bloodlust, and almost with Garth in Sharp Teeth?  If they hadn't already done the "good" monster dilemma ad nauseam then it might be a good idea

Just now, Katy M said:

Haven't they done that with Lenore in Bloodlust, and almost with Garth in Sharp Teeth?  If they hadn't already done the "good" monster dilemma ad nauseam then it might be a good idea

I'm not thinking of it as a "good" monster episode, but a just weird little town episode. Maybe there's no case at all, but they stop for a room for the night and get stuck in this weird little town for a couple days? I think that could be fun and interesting, myself.

• Love 1

DVR caught this one again.  This is such a fun episode and then Dean's dark turn at the end was so great. 

Clown College Collette remains one of the top 5 running gags this show has ever done. 

Dean's frustration that the bejeweled necklace was not bejeweled after all.

The whole supporting cast was terrific and Dash was especially fun. I would really love to see him show up again one day.

• Love 2
On 11/18/2014 at 9:16 PM, Tippi Blevins said:

I guess they mentioned all the other monsters because just mentioning a shifter in the previouslies would have given it away.

I like to imagine Bobby got that bit of parenting advice from John Winchester. Like he called John up to ask what he should do about the baby shifter. "Eh, raise it in a secret attic. It'll be fine!"

Ha! Given how terrible everyone was in this episode, it's also possible he said something like: "Don't let her go outside and don't let anyone see her." which was interpreted as "lock her in the attic" because how would they survive without their house staff?

On 11/19/2014 at 8:57 AM, Latverian Diplomat said:

Heh, in tribute to the Clue movie, they should have shot three different versions with three different monsters as the killer. 

This would have made it so freaking amazing. 

On 1/19/2015 at 6:59 PM, Demented Daisy said:

Someone posted this on Facebook and holy Chuck!  It's gotta be the angle or something, right?

3kIN9aW.jpg

Maybe she has tiny child hands like me. I swear my 6 year old is going to have larger hands by the time he is 8.

On 11/5/2016 at 11:43 PM, catrox14 said:

Clown College Collette is one of the best running gags this show has ever done.

I never didn't laugh. Definitely the highlight.

On 9/8/2017 at 9:29 PM, DittyDotDot said:

I mean, at least they were back to the gory and creepy original flavor of shifter, but I agree. I am unclear as to what they require to shift. Do they have a natural state? Can they only adopt what they have seen? The baby just randomly shifted to a picture he had seen. So, was Colette based on someone? I am not sure we have ever really fully explored them. Perhaps that is because they don't necessarily kill naturally, which would mean that Dean and Sam wouldn't have as much experience with them. 

I do think her stated motivation was because they trashtalked her mother.

It was interesting to me that she was far more functional than the other person in the walls/attic we had in this show.  Clearly she was receiving an education and interacting with some people, but one wouldn't know it from the state of her attic. Perhaps she had more freedom of movement than implied. Regardless, I would have definitely lost my mind if they locked me up with that creepy ass doll.

This one fell a little flat for me, which is unfortunate because I love love love Clue the movie, and even love the game. Some of the tone was just a little off for me. I wanted either a bit more ridiculous humor, or a bit more seriousness. The music when Dean was investigating was so campy happy and silly, and it just didn't seem to fit with the tone of what was happening on the screen. I don't know if I can put my finger on it, but it just didn't work as well as I would hope for a Clue homage. 

The mystery was pretty good. A ghost? Multiple ghosts? What is happening? I liked the different manner of drawing them in. And certainly the end was memorable and remarkable. So, it wasn't one that I HATED, I just didn't love it. 

• Love 1