Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Ask Jeeves

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Dean learns that Bobby or his next of kin have been named as a beneficiary in an heiress' will, so he convinces Sam to take a road trip with him to claim their fortune. But when they arrive, things aren't quite as they had hoped or imagined.

I was thinking it was a whole family of monsters, since the previouslies had a whole lot of monsters.  Either that or it was a trickster.  The shapeshifter was knocking off the high and mighty.

Loved the "Nightshifter" mention in the previouslies.  It's awesome to know that the writers know how popular that episode is.

• Love 1

I guess they mentioned all the other monsters because just mentioning a shifter in the previouslies would have given it away.

I like to imagine Bobby got that bit of parenting advice from John Winchester. Like he called John up to ask what he should do about the baby shifter. "Eh, raise it in a secret attic. It'll be fine!"

• Love 13

Really enjoyed this episode, so much fun. I loved all the jokes, especially the Clue references. Did they get all the weapons? Lead Pipe, Rope, Wrench, Candlestick, Revolver...is there one missing? Dagger?

Lots of fun and then the ending with Dean making his first post Demon kill...wow

• Love 3

Well, except for keeping track of the Clue weaponry, this was just so-so for me until MoC raised its head. Dean turned on a dime there with Nash. He was scary threatening.

I did enjoy Awkward Sam: Cougar bait.

Did they get all the weapons? Lead Pipe, Rope, Wrench, Candlestick, Revolver...is there one missing? Dagger?

Knife. In the kitchen. Sam

The rest

Lead Pipe. In the Attic. Dean

Rope. In the Attic. Dean

Candlestick. In the Conservatory? Dean

Wrench. In the Bedroom. Dean.

Revolver. In the Bathroom. Nash

Edited by SueB
  • Love 5

Overall I enjoyed this episode. The first 20 minutes were a little dull but it started to entertain me after that.

Positives:

- an inventive way to get Sam and Dean involved in case, instead of another "so get this"

- Dean's jacket

- Bobby characterization that was truly him (a decent man who sometimes made big mistakes), rather than the living saint of his last few seasons

- some fun comedy characters, especially the aunt with the shorter hair who was randomly shouting in the background about her big beautiful yacht

- the nephew, Dash, was hot as hell 

- Sam having to awkwardly flirt with the aunts made me laugh a lot. Jared was hilarious. I was offended by this when they did it in Red Sky at Morning, but this didn't bother me as much.

- progressing the MoC story

- the music 

What I didn't like:

- The gay jokes about Dean and Sam. Again when there are no gay or bi men on the show it just bothers me to see homosexuality as a constant joke.

- The age/desperate women jokes felt a little stale and sexist.

- Dean's bloodlust being triggered by violent deaths of female villains bothers me

- the promo for next week

Well, except for keeping track of the Clue weaponry, this was just so-so for me until MoC raised its head. Dean turned on a dime there with Nash. He was scary threatening.

I could have sworn Dean was flirting with him. I guess that's just in ficworld.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 3

I really enjoyed this one. It was fun. It felt like old skool caper SPN. 

I'm pretty sure I have a problem because Dean going dark and shooting the monster so many times was way hotter than it should be.  #sorrynotsorry.

But I am very glad (?) to see that he's not done with all that. 

• Love 1

So good!  

So many good lines.  MarkofCain!Dean.  Awkward!Sam.

"Who talks like that?"

"The Jacket's canvas!"

Love, love, love.

I want to add "Grey Gardens cleared." HAHAHAA

also "And you probably got Baby Jane to help." 

Edited by msbeesknees
  • Love 4

I guess they mentioned all the other monsters because just mentioning a shifter in the previouslies would have given it away.

I like to imagine Bobby got that bit of parenting advice from John Winchester. Like he called John up to ask what he should do about the baby shifter. "Eh, raise it in a secret attic. It'll be fine!"

At first I thought maybe the episode was going to work multiple monsters in, or have the boys keep thinking it's one thing, but then it's not.

But then when they settled on the shifter it was like Oh! The monsters were all suspects! They wanted us to play our own game of Clue trying to guess which one it was going to be.

• Love 1

Fun episode, loved the Clue references and the old dark house parody.  Thought it got a little too talkie towards the end, with the killer giving her background all in one monologue (well, almost a monologue)  

Killer Dean is downright scary.

Was I the only one wondering if we were going to see Dean's eyes go beetle-black while he was shooting the maid?

Classic line from *everyone*: "Clown-college Colette?"

This was a fun episode and I did like that Dash at the end wanted everyone to know Sam and Dean saved them.

• Love 4

I guess I'm with SueB. While I was amused by Sam being the awkward cougar bait,and did like playing spot the"Clue" weapon, I found this episode to be rather boring until the last 10 minutes. When Dean's face turned to dead eyed killer as he quintuple-tapped the shapeshifter, half of me melted from how hot I found him in that moment and the other half froze from the stone cold icy stare. Dayumn. I don't know if it's the Mark of Cain, some leftover demon, Dean's trained hunters instincts or some combination of the three but Dean seems to be pretty deadly right now. His comments in the car when he responds to Sam's question also seems to indicate that he wasn't weak in the earlier eps when Sam got the kill; he was hesitant to kill after being a demon.

• Love 5

When Dean's face turned to dead eyed killer as he quintuple-tapped the shapeshifter, half of me melted from how hot I found him in that moment and the other half froze from the stone cold icy stare.

I'm thinking of forming a support group.

• Love 6

Heh. But should the support group be called You Know You Want Him: Learning To Lust Without Fear or Listening To Your Fear: It Doesn't Matter How Pretty He Is If All He Wants To Do Is Kill Things.

Edited by Iguana
  • Love 7
- Sam having to awkwardly flirt with the aunts made me laugh a lot. Jared was hilarious. I was offended by this when they did it in Red Sky at Morning, but this didn't bother me as much.

I had the opposite reaction.  Sam was a baby when he was accosted by the woman in Red Sky at Morning.  Because of the time jumps, Sam should be in his mid-30's by now.  Much too old, I think, to be grossed out by two women barely 10 years older than him.  (I'm going by the actresses' ages, since it was never stated in the episode.  The actress who was "39 in 2003" was actually 29 that year.)

So, older women are gross and Sam and Dean are gay, again.  TPTB really are trying to recapture the feel of the early episodes, aren't they?  ;-)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Much too old, I think, to be grossed out by two women barely 10 years older than him.

I was thinking more intimidated and out of his league / element than grossed out. I think they were a little more forward than the women Sam is used to - regular Sam anyway. Season 4 Sam didn't mind the forward doctor lady, but even then there was some mutual flirting first. (And Sam was presumably a little confidence-enhanced by demon blood). The cougars would've eaten him alive. Dean seemed somewhat game, but Sam was in way over his head.

• Love 5

I was thinking more intimidated and out of his league / element than grossed out. I think they were a little more forward than the women Sam is used to - regular Sam anyway. Season 4 Sam didn't mind the forward doctor lady, but even then there was some mutual flirting first. (And Sam was presumably a little confidence-enhanced by demon blood). The cougars would've eaten him alive. Dean seemed somewhat game, but Sam was in way over his head.

I didn't think it was about age either. I felt like the script was sort of playing them (mainly the one who looked like Jerry Hall) up as sad for their age, but I don't think Sam was bothered by this. I think he was just put off by the desperation of it all. 

I almost wonder if that part was written for an older actress. 

I had the opposite reaction.  Sam was a baby when he was accosted by the woman in Red Sky at Morning.  Because of the time jumps, Sam should be in his mid-30's by now.  Much too old, I think, to be grossed out by two women barely 10 years older than him.  (I'm going by the actresses' ages, since it was never stated in the episode.  The actress who was "39 in 2003" was actually 29 that year.)

Not to Nitpick, but the show is all caught up with the time jumps since they choose to ignore them.  Every time they say the date it's the same year we're in in real life.  At this point I think the show is supposed to be in real time, as in the end of 2014.  Making Sam 31 and Dean 35 at the moment.

Well, I will say I didn't hate it. Some good, some not so good, but mostly just more of the same. I liked all the clue references; I think the overall look of the episode was pretty good; and it was a good use of Bobby without actually seeing him again. The story itself really did nothing for me and now it seems like we're back to the lying, keeping secrets and bicker portion of Supernatural. Sigh.

However, I could watch hours and hours of Dean working on Baby. Seriously, hours. And, did I hear Bob Seger at the end there. I'll take whatever I can get in that regard.

Mostly entertained myself by playing the what-episode-have-I-seen-this-actor-in-previously game. I spotted three--the butler was in Faith; the detective was in After School Special; and I think the guy with the "child" bride was in Sin City--anyone else spot one? Almost as much fun as playing Clue. ;)

In Sam's defense, I think he's always awkward and creeped out when he's pursued by women--of any age. I don't think he likes the forward-types. But, I wouldn't mind them dropping this now. It was kinda charming back when Sam was 22 and rather unexperienced, but as a 32- (or 34 if we follow the time jumps) year-old man--who gets hit on like this all the time--maybe it's time he stops acting like an awkward teenager at his first school dance.

Did anyone watch to the end of the credits? JP said to on Twitter, but he didn't say it until after the episode aired on the East Coast, and he didn't follow up to say what happened.

I noticed it was dedicated to a James A. MacCarthy. I looked it up because I know a John MacCarthy is one of their First Assistant Directors and was supposed to direct this episode. Apparently it's his father who passed away while filming this episode.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

Fun episode but enough with the freakin' gay jokes already!  I'm so sick of people thinking Dean and Sam are gay - it's old and stale and tired.  It adds fuel to the "queerbaiting" debate fire and I hate it!   Rarely do I care about their gay jokes but enough is enough.  After reading the TVGuide article, I'm sick of it all.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the other parts of the episodes.  I thought the cougar ladies were hilarious with both Sam and Dean.  Liked all the Clue references.

And then, holy crap, Dean.  His face after emptying his gun into the shifter was both scary and unbelievably hot!  And since I think everything Dean does is hot, the hotness level was higher than normal with that face! ;)

• Love 2

Like bears, chimps, and other wild animals, shifters are so cute and harmless when they are babies, but they don't stay little.

At first I thought maybe the episode was going to work multiple monsters in, or have the boys keep thinking it's one thing, but then it's not.

But then when they settled on the shifter it was like Oh! The monsters were all suspects! They wanted us to play our own game of Clue trying to guess which one it was going to be.

Heh, in tribute to the Clue movie, they should have shot three different versions with three different monsters as the killer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode.  I was stoked to hear Bob Saeger at the end.  They seem to be interested in adding music again.  I didn't see the BM at the end as Dean keeping a secret again, but more of his discomfort at talking about his emotions.  That's been a stable character trait for Dean throughout the series so it doesn't really bother me.

I loved the mystery aspect, but I have to admit the "Clue" references went way over my head.  Which is embarrassing to admit because in retrospect they are all pretty overt!

• Love 4

So I really must be sick puppy because I totally cheered Dean unloaded his clip into the shifter. I mean it was freaking scary but it really didn't bother me. And whilst it is a sign that Dean still has issues from the mark I also ha e a little head!Canon that he really despises sbapeshifters in a personal way since one of them did pose as him in s1 and was going to kill Sams friend with his face on. I think he was also pissed off that he got played by a shifter again. I like to think he was unleashing his own regular!Dean pent up rage about shifters as much as some other influence.

I have a controversial head!Canon about Sam and his reaction to the women hitting on him. I think he is uncomfortable because he is not in control of that situation to a degree. Jess seems to be the only woman that he was really equals with. And after that it was Madison who could have killed him if she wanted to, but then his sexual behavior with her was him being the aggressor and it was rough-and-tumble sex. Then it pretty rough and tumble with ruby yet ruby was in control of that relationship in the end. He had rough and tumble sex with the doctor and the police officer (yes that was soulless Sam but his MO with sex was the same as souled sam). I think he needs to be in control of those since Ruby. We didn't see him with Amelia other than post coital that I can remember. And yes this not a true seduction and was part of a ruse but still I hold my theory. I hope it's not because he finds older women gross across the board. He did side eye the older gorgeous museum woman that was hitting on Dean but that was on a case so maybe that is his issue. I do hope we see Sam at some point with an older woman and it would go a long to assuage my concerns about his/the shows view of older women and younger men.

• Love 1

I didn't see the BM at the end as Dean keeping a secret again, but more of his discomfort at talking about his emotions.  That's been a stable character trait for Dean throughout the series so it doesn't really bother me.

I'm not sure if you were responding to me...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply Dean was lying exactly. I was just commenting that it appears we're heading back into that "I don't want to talk about something that effects the both of us as long as we're gonna stick together, so I'm gonna shut you down and tell you I'm fine when I'm obviously not fine" that the show does for both of the guys (not just Dean) when it needs to put something on the back burner until the next sweeps rolls around.  As I've said many times before, I just prefer the show when there is less bicker and more banter--this felt far more like bicker to me and it made me uneasy for the future.

• Love 2

Well, I will say I didn't hate it. Some good, some not so good, but mostly just more of the same. I liked all the clue references; I think the overall look of the episode was pretty good; and it was a good use of Bobby without actually seeing him again. The story itself really did nothing for me and now it seems like we're back to the lying, keeping secrets and bicker portion of Supernatural. Sigh.

Yes, I agree.  Is Dean in denial?  Does he just not want to talk about it?  Is he putting on a brave face for Sam's sake?  *sigh*  I don't know, but I hope they don't go back to secrets and lies.

The episode was okay.  I won't say they overdid it with the Clue references, but by the end of the episode, I was surprised one of the maids wasn't called Yvette.  Aside from the weapons, we had Dean calling the butler Wadsworth, Sam keeping an eye on Mrs. Peacock and Col. Mustard (I think it was), the music as Dean searched the house, and the secret passage to a room (I was hoping it would be to the conservatory) with a dead body.  Did I miss anything?

Well, Clown-College Colette could be a very, very loose reference to Tim Curry.  ;-)

ETA  As for Sam, what about Pamela?  She was more forward than almost any woman he's ever met, yet he never seemed to have a problem with her.  Of course, she was young and hot.  ;-)  (For what it's worth, I'm more annoyed with a "joke" they've used before.  Yes, Sam is uncomfortable around women -- except when he's not.)

Edited by Demented Daisy

Agatha Christie whondunits are pretty much my favorite things in the world and I've seen Clue far more often than any sane and rational human being would, so this episode was right up my alley. Somehow I didn't love it quite as much as I would have expected to, though. I agree that the omg-they're-GAY! stuff is stale by now, and the Dean/Sam conversation in the car had me rolling eyes. The fact that this time it's Sam worrying that Something is Still Wrong with Dean rather than the other way around doesn't make this same  brotherly issue any more fresh or compelling for me. I'll definitely watch this one again, but I think I'll fast forward through Sam's discomfort at being hit on by 'undesirable' women, the show's 12 zillionth jokes about the brothers being mistaken for a gay couple, and the final heavyhanded scene. 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 3
I do hope we see Sam at some point with an older woman and it would go a long to assuage my concerns about his/the shows view of older women and younger men.

If the show went with Sam and Jodi Mills (I liked how Sam was "yeah, Jodi Mills" *nod, nod* to Dean in "Fanfiction") that'd be just fine with me. I'd totally support that ship.

this felt far more like bicker to me and it made me uneasy for the future.

Yes, Sam did not appear happy with how that went, and seemed frustrated with himself and the situation. There were almost shades of "What I say goes" Dean from the end of season 9 there, and I don't think that's a good thing for either of them. It promotes concern in Sam - with reason - even if he doesn't have to be concerned which Sam doesn't know if he has to be concerned or not if Dean won't talk to him about it.

I liked it. I don't always like MOTW but it's been SO LONG since there were fun episodes and I really miss these. Dean wandering around gathering clues, picking up the rope, candlestick, etc. was awesome. Dean looking into the armour was a really nice touch too, especially since they just confirmed him to be a knight of hell in the last episode. I love that the camera angle came from inside the armour, like it was looking back. The "what makes a monster" stuff was a bit too spelled out IMO, Sam saying Olivia had a choice about being a monster, and Olivia saying the choice was already taken away. It raises interesting questions though about whether hunting itself is what drives these creatures to become actual monsters? And it is continuing to relate to Dean, this season has repeatedly said things about John taking his choices away, "brainwashing" them and so on. Interesting to see where this is going to lead. Agree with the rest of you that Dean going all murderous was scary and hot. Wow. :D

I wasn't a huge fan of the cougar stuff, the desperate older women thing. There was an older man with a young wife too, a "child bride", who wants to divorce him but has an ironclad prenup i.e. married for money. So older women are desperate, younger women are gold diggers, and there's just no winning? I dunno, it feeds into some stereotypes I'm not particularly fond of. I guess the awkward!Sam stuff was written for entertainment value and not realism though? I have to say this is the most likable I have found Sam in a long time. He was so awkward and hilarious, and *gasp* actually gave a damn about his brother. 

And did they actually reference Flowers in the Attic? The book/movie about siblings locked up by an abusive/negligent parent, and they were isolated and there was incest...? Definitely raised an eyebrow there.

This was a pretty light hearted, entertaining episode and I liked it. "I hunt pheasants." LOL. But this is two funny ones in a row now, so... something really bad is probably going to happen in the near future. 

Edited by Mcolleague
  • Love 2

Didn't Sam sleep with...oh, shoot, what was her name? The dead hunter stuck in the house with Bobby and all those ghosts? She slept with Sam, Dean, and Bobby, right? She was older.

Put me in the group of people who didn't think Sam was cringing because the women were older, just because they were forward. If Amber had hit on him, I think he would have reacted the same way.

didn't see the BM at the end as Dean keeping a secret again, but more of his discomfort at talking about his emotions. That's been a stable character trait for Dean throughout the series so it doesn't really bother me.

I agree with this. Also I would expect Dean is a little reluctant to share his feelings because he's been mocked and had his feelings invalidated so often that just to burst out with chick flick moments IMO would be odd.

So I really must be sick puppy because I totally cheered Dean unloaded his clip into the shifter.

Well that's Step 1.

JUST KIDDING!  I get it.

I think Dean has totally been triggered and is having a little freak out.  Sam is not going to let this one just slide by.  To some extent, ....I want to call this episode 'Clue'..... "Ask Jeeves" ends on a cliffhanger: what has happened to Dean and are we back to square 1.  Personally I don't think so. I think he needs to sort it a bit in his head and then he'll talk about it.  Like next episode. 

BTW: I cannot read "BM" without seeing Bowel Movement.  Long medical tradition in my family.  So, I just CAN'T with that acronym.

ETA: I think Sam is used to Dean getting all the objectification.  I think it freaked him out to be in that roll.  Sam is a handsome man, but not since S6 have we had so much Sam-drool by guests in a single episode. So, it's not aggressive as much as sexual objectification. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

Much better. I mean, it doesn`t redeem or excuse the previous two episodes in terms of presenting it like Dean CAN`T fight vs. showing that he struggles to hold himself back out of fear for making the kill but I`m just so gosh-damn glad he did make the kill here. And was genuinely smart and capable as a hunter.

Sure, we got the obligatory dig at his intelligence - as always - that made me roll my eyes but at least he wasn`t written dumb and unknowing to warrant it.

I have to say I got to laugh a bit at the final scene being supposed to be such an OMG-how-dark moment. Not Jensen`s acting, his cold look was hot. And maybe it`s me but I saw it as just a turn-on, not split between turned-on/scared. But that`s because, well, the darkest thing about it was the waste of ammunition if we get down to it. It didn`t prolong the shifter`s death, it didn`t make it more or less painful nor make her more or less dead than if he had just shot her once. But then, this show has always portrayed "dark acts" like this, seldom really fitting my criteria for such.

Dean supposedly holding out his hand to shake for Gadreel and then attacking him was probably the scariest moment I`ve seen with the MOC, more than any kills with it. Even overkills. Same for Abaddon. Sure, stabbing her over and over again was not necessary but the same thing applied like here with the shifter. Maybe it`s also because of other shows I watch with much, much darker character actions.

Granted, the entire episode was a bit awkward because wouldn`t you know, the Supernatural Clue boardgame just got released and boy, I`ve never seen a product placed so shamelessly. But they managed to make it into kind of an oldschool episode. Even the original shifter lore was back. Did they smuggle it past lol!canon!Carver? If so, kudos.

As for the somewhat overbearing cougar jokes, I just count my blessings it`s not dog-fucking at this point. 

• Love 2

But then, this show has always portrayed "dark acts" like this, seldom really fitting my criteria for such.

Have you never experienced the catharsis of beating the shit out of an inanimate object just to get your anger out?  If you haven't tried it, I suggest you give it a go.  Like...when you stub your toe and ineffectually hit the offending table. It's a pointless, illogical response but cathartic.  Dean, of all people, knows that emptying a clip into someone is not logic-based but emotion based. 

• Love 1

And Dean called it "target practice", which was so callous! So I was happy. :D It's definitely not as dark as a lot of other shows, but Supernatural is a CW show and the audience these days seem to be mostly young girls... not really expecting anything legitimately dark tbh. 

ETA: Happy as in the MOC was clearly still having an effect, and the mytharc hasn't been dropped... I realize that sentence came out kinda wrong lol. 

Edited by Mcolleague

Have you never experienced the catharsis of beating the shit out of an inanimate object just to get your anger out?

I do this all the time actually - I never let any inanimate object get away with hurting me - but I don`t classify this as dark. And I get that this was cathartic for Dean but just for me, it`s not remotely in the neighbourhood of "dark" or "scary" generally speaking. Like I said, maybe I got desensitized with other shows I watch where ripping someone`s throat out and then driving around with their corpse in your car is met with a weary "oh, come on, not this drinking bender stuff again" and then swiftly forgotten.

But SPN for me is like the kiddie pool of scary and I just can`t get, you know, scared by it anymore. Not for years actually. So I see what the writers are going for, what they mean to convey in the scenes but I can`t go there emotionally. Dean has never done anything going over maybe a 5 on my darkness scale (if say 25 was "this is dark shit" and 1 was "fluffy, cuddle bunnies"). Not as a human, not as a demon, not with the MOC. And judging by the writing he never will.  

In fairness, I`m the person who cheered back in Angel the show when the lead character let a bunch of his lawyer enemies get slaughtered and just walked away. Or who went "why? no. why?" when the lead character in Arrow vowed to stop killing people in vigilante justice. 

• Love 4

I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the symptoms that Dean exhibits from the MoC (sleep changes, withdrawal from family and friends, anxiety and/or depression, etc.) parallel early signs of psychosis.  Overkill (like continuing to stab or shoot after death) is also a sign of psychosis.

So I would say that Dean is aware that he's going down the same path.  Assuming he doesn't want to become a demon again, I'd say he's at the very least concerned, if not downright terrified.  Historically speaking, it's an emotion he keeps from Sam.

Which reminds me -- how many people have called Sam "Sammy" this season?  Seems like it's popping up a lot and I always expect him to say, "Only Dean can call me that."

• Love 2

In fairness, I`m the person who cheered back in Angel the show when the lead character let a bunch of his lawyer enemies get slaughtered and just walked away.

So... is that a 10?

By your definition of dark, I can see why it's not dark.  For me, it's a loss of control on his part.  Not a good thing to have when you are 1) armed and 2) lethally skilled.

Overall I enjoyed it. The characters were complete clichés but I guess that was intentional. I didn't care for the portrayal of the women, but that is frequently how I feel about female characters on this show.

Dean's bloodlust being triggered by violent deaths of female villains bothers me

Now this bothered me too. I'm not someone who finds male violence "hot" especially when directed at women. Dean shooting a young female's body over and over was repugnant to me. But that's just me. Even Charles Manson found a bride so obviously some women like cold killers. But since the show doesn't have the guts to actually make Dean evil I don't know why they even bother going down this road. The writers don't have the nerve to do more than tease the audience about the effect of the mark. It's just going to make me dislike the character if they have him behave this way and then clam up and claim there's nothing wrong, as if shooting multiple bullets into a young woman's body is just a normal thing to do.

• Love 3

I think Dean saw "shifter", not "young woman".  Shifters can be whatever they want to be. In this episode alone it was a maid, the non-dad husband, the mom, and the butler.  I get the optic of Dean killing a young woman but I think it's a false optic and doesn't fit with the context of the show.  Since they clearly avoided Dean killing anything before, I pretty sure it was the first being he killed is what triggered the bloodlust, not that it was a girl.

• Love 3

Dean's bloodlust being triggered by violent deaths of female villains bothers me

I'm not sure that is the case at all. IIRC Deans first kill after the MoC was the male werewolf then the thinman.

The real bloodlust was triggered by Magnus, a male.. forcing Dean against his will to touch the blade, suggesting he become his companion and then sapping his will with a spell. Dean's first kill which sent him, over the edge was Magnus. He was going to kill Gadreel, a male and would have killed him if Crowley hadn't convinced him to go after Abandon. He lopped off the male vampire's head with impunity. IMO he would have done the same thing to Gadreel as he did Abaddon if Sam and Cas hadn't stopped him.

I really don't think the bloodlust is any more pronounced or triggered by females and IMO it's just as lust filled because it's bloodlust and IMHO is just as perversely hot.

Edited by catrox14