Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Live Eliminations

• Start Topic

When the three of them did "Shake it Off" was when I went Whooooah about Amber.  She sang the other two under the table on that one.  I wish she wasn't a country singer....I just love her voice.

I think I started noticing Amber when she sang "Stay" in the live playoffs.  I still liked Judith and Sarah a lot, but Amber had that surprise factor whereas the other two were regarded as frontrunners from the beginning.

I wonder what's happening with her now. It did seem like the sweeter spot for her in the industry would be the pop-country route. I noticed that this season, we've seen the coaches mention to a couple of contestants what genre they might want to focus on. Ryan in rock, Beth Spangler in country. This advice is probably a little more true to real life. Like someone else said above, the genre that an artist wants to do might not actually be the best one for them. If I remember correctly, Craig mentioned that he originally wanted to do rock in his career, but was told to switch to country,

Judging from iTunes and message boards, Sugar has about one fan, fortunately for her, that fan is Pharrell.

Danica has a perfect voice. Probably the best voice on a technical level and she has a great tone. But she doesn't seem to have any emotional connection to her songs or her audience. I wonder if it's because she doesn't have as much experience as some if the others, and if that could change, or if it's just her. I suspect if Gwen was her coach she'd be working with her on it.

• Love 1