Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Suits Of Woe

missy jo: I believe that Gemma did indeed confess to Nero that she was complicit in John Teller's death, and Nero alluded to her confession later on when they were riding in a car and he said something about how her husbands had a way of ending up dead.  He said it in such a way as to mean she is a Black Widow.  Anyway, I remember Gemma and Nero sitting on a couch (at Diosa, I think) and her confessing the whole story of John's death.

Edited by daughtersofanarchy
  • Love 2

I remember Nero sort of joking that Gemma's husbands wind up dead, but did she actually come out and confess to Nero that she was complicit in JT's death?  Because if he actually believed that Gemma had a hand in killing her husband, I can't believe he'd brush it off like that.  I know he was caught in the clutches of her Cooter of Doom, but I can't believe he'd be that stupid.  

• Love 3

Ohwell: She did confess it to Nero, but she framed it in that way she has of putting the club first.  John would have destroyed the club and she and Clay decided there was no other way to protect everyone, etc.  Nero wasn't happy with it, of course, but at that point he himself had gotten back in deep with his club, and had been participating in gang stuff again.  He understood the idea of taking drastic measures to protect the club from a member who had gone rogue, even if the guy was her (estranged) husband.  Remember, Nero murdered his own cousin to keep him from taking Darveny away.

Nero understood why Clay had to be murdered, and Nero and Gemma were right there and witnessed Clay's death.  Again, Nero wasn't thrilled with it, but he accepted it and was still in love with Gemma.

• Love 2

Ok, thanks for the explanation.  I've forgotten a lot of what happened.  Like I said, he was enthralled with the Cooter of Doom.  I like Nero, but he's actually too stupid to live.

• Love 4

I practically stood up and did a slow clap for Nero.

In my opinion the acting MVP tonight.... AND the only one who has brought up "hey, uhh maybe, you know, you should honor your DEAD wife's wishes and get the FUCK outta here.... Mano". Or something along those lines.

If Nero doesn't make it out of the show alive, I won't be surprised, but I'll be sad as hell. He and Wendy are the only adults I think deserve to live.

I didn't like Juice's scene with Althea and Unser.  He was the frigging Oracle at Delphi.  Why not tell them and go into protection?  Maybe he's tired and ready to die.

What boggled my mind is that neither Althea nor Unser - particularly Unser - could do the math. Unser knew that he told Gemma that Tara was going to narc on the Sons, then Tara turns up dead. Gemma has been squirrely EVERY TIME someone mentions Tara's death. The guy she said did it wasn't even in the state. He can't figure why Gemma would help Juice against the wishes of the club. Then, after so much shit has gone down, Jax turns up with murder in his eyes, desperate to talk to Gemma - who mysteriously chooses then to GTFO of Dodge, Unser goes to talk to Juice who is all "Gemma has all the answers. Gemma knows all." and Unser STILL can't figure out that Gemma killed Tara? Are you fucking kidding me??

One of the things that bothered me this season was why no one thought Gemma could be the killer.  That was nicely explained by Jax saying that the murder was so brutal, he thought it had to be gang related.  Thanks KS for clarifying that.

But that didn't even work for me. Tara was stabbed in the head with a kitchen fork. That is not gang-land style or particularly brutal, IMO; it's not like she was beaten half to death or cut to shreds. That is a sign of a spontaneous crime of passion/convenience. What fucking self-respecting planned hit would involve going to the soon-to-be-victim's house and just use whatever is handy? What the fuck?

And what annoys me about this is that Juice was, I think, trying to protect Jax by helping Gemma.  They all know Jax adores his mother, and would be (is) devastated by learning anything bad about her.  Juice tried to fix a horrific situation; Jax should be angry first and foremost with the person who killed Tara - GEMMA.

I get why Juice would, in the moment, help Gemma because he'd be in shock and his knee-jerk reaction would be to help the President's mother. But once he the heat of the moment had passed, he should have realized that KEEPING QUIET ABOUT WHO KILLED JAX'S WIFE was not being loyal to the club. Yes, it's a hard choice - do you disillusion him and tell him his mother killed his wife, or do you let him keep thinking his mother is a lovely human being? - but ultimately, if your loyalty is to your precious Club, then you always tell your president the truth.

What was anybody's take on Gemma's expression as she headed north?  I was puzzled by it because I thought she almost looked smug, pleased with herself - in stark contrast to the fear she had been feeling earlier.  

Yeah, she didn't look troubled at all.

After Jax's chat with Nero, I'm kind of hoping that he tracks Gemma down and turns her in. Jail would be the best hell for her. I'm hoping that the shot of her at her dining room table, surrounded by empty chairs was foreshadowing. Honestly, death would be too kind for Gemma. She has wrought so much chaos and death and destruction. She deserves to suffer. And for someone like that, that will be being alone. I want her to have to live with losing her lover, her sons, her adopted sons (the club) and her grandsons.

Assuming Jax isn't killed via a Mayhem vote, I'd be satisfied with the show ending with Jax and Gemma in jail, while Wendy, Nero and the boys get the hell outta there. They are the only ones with the sense to know that Charming is poison. Jax doesn't deserve a happy ending after everything he's done this season, so my vote is for death or jail. I don't want there to even be a WHIFF of the Sons around Abel and Thomas. I think being raised by Wendy and Nero would result in them being happy and well-adjusted.

• Love 1

Can someone explain to me how anyone brought the idea that the Chinese did it and Juice and Gemma knew about it? To me this is how it went down if Juice and Gemma saw the Chinese there: Juice goes to find Gemma. Gemma is at Jax and Tara's place. Gemma sees the Chinese leaving. Juice finds Gemma there and sees the Chinese guy, too. Neither one of them goes into see if Tara is okay because?? Bueller?? They just up and leave and tell no one until after it's discovered Tara and Eli are dead. That scenario doesn't make any sense yet, to me, everyone bought it hook, line and sinker for no damn reason.

So yeah the fact that it was so brutal made it look like it was gang related. But anyone who took a moment to think about would've said that doesn't make sense for the reason I said about and, someone upthread said it best, the killer wouldn't have just used whatever was handy.

I've always liked Juice even as he did some stupid, stupid, stupid stuff. I'm sad for him. Not as sad I could be because homeboy didn't have to go down this road.

Kudos to TR, CH, and JS for nailing it this episode. I about teared up myself at different times. Loved the scene between Jax and Nero at the end despite the fact that Nero shouldn't bought that farm months ago and been like Adios, mano!

I thought Gemma looked high at the end.

Jarry once again proves how useless she is. (Can I just say I can believe she and Chibs were just attracted to each. It happens like that sometimes. I can't believe she for one second would go there and have him come to her place. Like no one would see him coming and going. Just all their scenes together are just gross.)

Yes, Unser, Jax is a thug. Thanks for all you didn't do to prevent some of his thugness and the result of it. So yeah on your speech. Just not a big yeah because a little too late now.

I'm sure the new members of SAMCRO are happy they joined. You should never follow someone that acts as if he has nothing to lose. That's what Jax acted like. They deserve what they got and are going to get.  

I thought when Jax I'm sorry to the club, the family he was given is the club and the family he chose was Tara and the boys. That was my initial thought. I didn't much pay attention to what he said after so he couldn't meant the other way around.

Watching this show became a chore. I was about to give it up but Mr. Nice loves the show still, warts and all, so I have to watch it with him. The past 2 episodes have almost been worth the BS.

• Love 1

So yeah the fact that it was so brutal made it look like it was gang related. But anyone who took a moment to think about would've said that doesn't make sense for the reason I said about and, someone upthread said it best, the killer wouldn't have just used whatever was handy.

Believing gang involvement because of the brutality of it just doesn't even make sense to me. Jax kept going on about how it was Chinese retaliation and yet every time any gang wants revenge on another gang, there's rarely any subtlety or secrecy involved.

Hell, the Chinese drove up to Scoops, threw a brick and then a grenade through the window, while the Sons were sitting there. Does that match up with them sneaking into your home, stabbing your wife with a kitchen fork, and then sneaking back out? No. It doesn't match the standard M.O. for gang retaliation at all.

The show needed a better cover story. That the Sons bought it and then went on their own blood-soaked rampage made me want them all to be killed off just for being so fucking stupid.

• Love 2