Type keyword(s) to search

19 Questions and Counting

I'm not sure if this is the right place but Josie concerns me. I was watching something on YouTube and Josie said 'they're mawwied, mawwied'. Doesn't this little girl deserve some assistance? What is she, five? Is she still in diapers, as has been implied on other threads?

• Love 2

Can someone please explain to me what Catgate is? I see it referred to often in reference to Derrick but I haven't been able to figure out what happened.

Thanks in advance!

• Love 1

Can someone please explain to me what Catgate is? I see it referred to often in reference to Derrick but I haven't been able to figure out what happened.

Thanks in advance!

Some of the family were out sledding and they steered Derrick directly at a cat, who had to quickly try to leap out of the way, while they all laughed like trying to hit an animal with a sled is funny and not horrifying.

• Love 2

Thanks in advance!

Search for videos of derrick dillard cat. Basically he got on a sled and Bin pushed him while aiming at a cat. Those that were watching thought it was really funny.
  • Love 1

No pregnant Duggars? Seems impossible.

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and Jill announcing she's expecting #2 as soon as the heat from her Missioncation adventure dies down. There are no pictures of her lately from mid-chest down, so she may be hiding a bump, or, alternately, waiting more than, oh, say...five minutes after she gets a "+" on a pregnancy test to announce, considering how badly her labor and delivery went...

• Love 4

Are there some weird Gothard rules for birthing babies? It seems that Mechelle birthed almost all of her babies in a hospital but Jill and Jinger and Anna birthed at home. Jessa was stuck having 4 untrained "midwives"; Jana, Jinger, Michelle and Guinn. And that birth didn't end very well although the outcome could have been much worse.

• Love 4

Are there some weird Gothard rules for birthing babies? It seems that Mechelle birthed almost all of her babies in a hospital but Jill and Jinger and Anna birthed at home. Jessa was stuck having 4 untrained "midwives"; Jana, Jinger, Michelle and Guinn. And that birth didn't end very well although the outcome could have been much worse.

I don't think so, at least not from what I've read about Gothard, but the largest difference is likely related to cost. We know Michelle had insurance, but does Jill or Jessa? Anna likely did when Josh was with the FRC. Homebirthing is also a hot trend right now and has been for at least the past ten years---it was growing in popularity when I had my kids and I know quite a few women who have had them for empowerment purposes. I never qualified for one, but if I could have I likely would have---I hate hospital, so why not. But for the Duggars, I think it has to do with costs...a hospital birth can range from 5 to 6 figures easily (uncomplicated), a midwife normally charges in the $5K range for the same thing. 

• Love 1

No gothard birthing requirements. The home birthing trend, in my opinion, stems from these families not having jobs with health insurance and also having no education, and therefore distrusting and disparaging educated medical professionals in expensive facilities. Plus so many of the women love to brag about how painful and dangerous their births were, so having access to actual facilities and medical knowledge steals their thunder.

Also, a real doctor or nurse midwife may tell a mother to slow her roll and stop having back to back babies for her health and safety, and they don't want to hear that. Or tell them things like 'missing back muscles' or 96 hours of hard labor just aren't medically possible MICHELLE.

• Love 9

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and Jill announcing she's expecting #2 as soon as the heat from her Missioncation adventure dies down. There are no pictures of her lately from mid-chest down, so she may be hiding a bump, or, alternately, waiting more than, oh, say...five minutes after she gets a "+" on a pregnancy test to announce, considering how badly her labor and delivery went...

I'm guessing Jill is waiting to find out whether or not TLC is going to continue filming. If yes, she'll then become pregnant in a flash. If she isn't right now...

• Love 4

As to frequency,...once again, why would that be our business. I'd assume that they're pretty active based on the sandwich analogy.

I had to chuckle when I initially read that question, but only because it's  the type of question I would be thinking, but not necessarily asking. Frequency of sexual relations has always intrigued me, but it doesn't matter who the couple is - be it Duggar, Little Couple, etc. I guess I am always wondering so I can compare to my own life. If I read that JB gets it nightly, I would assume 3x a week is normal. My hubby would like to imply that he is 'starved for affection', so I like to hear details so I may gauge his sincerity, lol.

Thanks for the info. I now regret asking....

Disgusting.

Okay, i have to know - what was on the video? Did they really aim at the cat?

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2

Michelle are leading their tribe on election day and Michelle and all the girls are wearing bright red dresses with dorky white collars. My question is this: was that intentional? Is there any indication that they've read the Atwood book, or is it just creepily coincidental?

Wow, I have to say that the answer is probably creepily coincidental. But how funny is that? The Duggar gals would be forced to wear the red/white if they were the novel's characters as that was the colours for the 'breeders'.

• Love 1

Okay, i have to know - what was on the video? Did they really aim at the cat?

Yes, they did, and everyone seemed to think it was hilarious.  Fortunately the cat was quick getting out of the way and just barely got tagged by the sled (which was actually a cookie sheet), but yes they were aiming for the cat.

• Love 1

A cookie sheet because the Duggars can't afford sleds. Puhleeze.

Bet that sucker's fast!

But probably cold as ...

I guess a simple piece of cardboard wouldn't have done the job had they managed to hit that poor kitty.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

Didn't they imply on last nights episode that the twins, Jana and John David, may have courtships coming up?

Let's just hope it's not with each other. You know you all thought it for a second, I just typed it out.

Watching those two court (other people of course - they're not Josh), I don't know. As much as I'd like to see Jana appear happy for once - presuming courting, or having someone she doesn't have to share with others or feed/clothe/diaper/discipline would make her happier - I feel like she wants a much more private life than the rest of the Duggars, and watching her court would be invasive. Maybe if we could just fast forward to a wedding and let her have some privacy.

JD = paint peeling. He seems like he'd be a really mellow, low maintenance husband that would be happy with a sammich and the remote, maybe some joyful availableness once in a while, but as long as you don't pester him with chatter, do whatever you want.

• Love 8

Let's just hope it's not with each other. You know you all thought it for a second, I just typed it out.

Watching those two court (other people of course - they're not Josh), I don't know. As much as I'd like to see Jana appear happy for once - presuming courting, or having someone she doesn't have to share with others or feed/clothe/diaper/discipline would make her happier - I feel like she wants a much more private life than the rest of the Duggars, and watching her court would be invasive. Maybe if we could just fast forward to a wedding and let her have some privacy.

JD = paint peeling. He seems like he'd be a really mellow, low maintenance husband that would be happy with a sammich and the remote, maybe some joyful availableness once in a while, but as long as you don't pester him with chatter, do whatever you want.

Totally! I also think if you feed him a shit-ton of high sodium, high fat and high sugar food,his erectile dysfunction could be fast forwarded by at least ten years, thereby allowing him more hours to get out and concentrate on working and bringing home the bacon.

Then the joyfully available shit could be ended for the wifey.

• Love 4

In response to Porterest:

Jessa was continually kicking Jana's top bunk. When she complained to her mom, Michelle's response was telling Jana to give Jessa something that she cherishes. So Jana proceeded to give Jessa her prized jewelry box.

When Jana retold the story many years later she had tears in her eyes.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa was continually kicking Jana's top bunk. When she complained to her mom, Michelle's response was telling Jana to give Jessa something that she cherishes. So Jana proceeded to give Jessa her prized jewelry box.

When Jana retold the story many years later she had tears in her eyes.

That woman seemed to have put Jana through heck.  In Episode 6 (Girls Hit The Road), she had the gall to confess that when she was younger, she questioned or disagreed with every thing Jana suggested.  She attributed it to being "strong headed", but where I come from that is called being "a mean and nasty beyotch".

• Love 10
(edited)

If I had tortured my either of my siblings in the manner that Jessa bugged Jana, my mother would have slapped the shit out of me.  Well, not really but I'd have deserved it.  She would have made sure that I understood I was wrong......  Oh, why bother, the Duggars are still relentlessly stupid. 

Edited by Henri205
Fixed a typo
  • Love 7
On 5/16/2016 at 3:25 PM, Adeejay said:

That woman seemed to have put Jana through heck.  In Episode 6 (Girls Hit The Road), she had the gall to confess that when she was younger, she questioned or disagreed with every thing Jana suggested.  She attributed it to being "strong headed", but where I come from that is called being "a mean and nasty beyotch".

Many children rebel against their parents or authority figures and since Jessa`s parent were Michelle and Jim Bob, who else was she supposed to rebel against?

• Love 1
On 6/9/2016 at 8:04 PM, ChocolateAddict said:

I haven't been on the 19K&C forums for a while because to be honest the Duggars were going through a boring phase when I didn't really care.  I'm back now so can someone give me a summary of the last few months? 

Boring Jessa and self-righteous Ben take selfies, and write about the Bible. Clueless Jill and hippie Derick talk to Spanish folks. Josh is home (where ever that is), no one is pregnant that we know of, Josh down to Joy are playing car salesmen, JB & M have not expanded their vocabulary, many Duggars have flown to and from Central America, and it appears Derick's mom and is becoming Fundier.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Boring Jessa and self-righteous Ben take selfies, and write about the Bible. Clueless Jill and hippie Derick talk to Spanish folks. Josh is home (where ever that is), no one is pregnant that we know of, Josh down to Joy are playing car salesmen, JB & M have not expanded their vocabulary, many Duggars have flown to and from Central America, and it appears Derick's mom and is becoming Fundier.

So it sounds like the Duggars have become more liberal, selfless and intelligent.  Or not.  

• Love 2

I'm reading the first Duggar book again since I read it before the girls got married.  Do they even bother with music lessons any more?  That was one of their big things, all the kids could "play" the violin.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

all the kids could "play" the violin.

Even though it was a good thing that they played, their violin playing really grated on me. Could a person get a nastier sound out of a violin even if the person tried to achieve a nasty sound? I know that violin is hard to play well, but at some point, if a person's musicality is the equivalent of rubbing balloons together, it's time to find a new instrument.

• Love 8

There seems to be a lot of stuff that fell by the wayside once they got more famous and it became impossible to keep up the "perfect children of Jesus" charade.

• Love 5
On 15/03/2017 at 0:30 PM, jilliannatalia said:

Even though it was a good thing that they played, their violin playing really grated on me. Could a person get a nastier sound out of a violin even if the person tried to achieve a nasty sound? I know that violin is hard to play well, but at some point, if a person's musicality is the equivalent of rubbing balloons together, it's time to find a new instrument.

Violin was like the worst choice. The cheaper the violin, the worse it will sound. And theirs are undoubtedly the cheapest. 

• Love 6

And there are still those harps, I think.  Not the most practical or versatile instrument.  Are they now just giant tsotskes in the living room gathering dust?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, EAG46 said:

And there are still those harps, I think.  Not the most practical or versatile instrument.  Are they now just giant tsotskes in the living room gathering dust?

Probably used for hanging laundry that doesn't go in the dryer.

• Love 11
On 3/20/2017 at 5:59 AM, ginger90 said:

Probably used for hanging laundry that doesn't go in the dryer.

If they aren't completely covered in dust bunnies...it would defeat the purpose of washing their clothes and would also warp the strings and frame with the moisture 

• Love 1

Given their adherence to the QF idea of accepting all kids God gives them, have they ever spoken about what they would do if one of the children is discovered to have fertility issues when they get married? I'm just thinking with 19 of them it would seem quite possible that at least one of them would struggle to have kids. Think JB or M would want to see fertility and activity calendars to track whether or not they were really trying? 

Do QF or similar belief families like the Duggars seek medical assistance with fertility issues?

Other than reversing vasectomies, they keep mum on fertility treatments, if they get them at all. Brandon Keilen has said stuff about *God's timing," but who knows what they'redoing behind the scenes? For them, it's been almost two years with no pregnancy in sight.

56 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Given their adherence to the QF idea of accepting all kids God gives them, have they ever spoken about what they would do if one of the children is discovered to have fertility issues when they get married? I'm just thinking with 19 of them it would seem quite possible that at least one of them would struggle to have kids. Think JB or M would want to see fertility and activity calendars to track whether or not they were really trying? 

Do QF or similar belief families like the Duggars seek medical assistance with fertility issues?

After kid #19 (pre-mature Josie) was born, Michelle got pregnant again.  She miscarried that pregnancy at 3 1/2 months.  So, what did she do?  She and Jim Bob drove all the way to Little Rock to meet with a doctor who specialized in high-risk pregnancies and fertility.  She was 47 years old then and still wanted another baby!  So, yes, they believe in seeking medical asistance for fertility issues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2633975/Am-I-ready-catch-baby-Mother-19-Michelle-Duggar-visits-high-risk-fertility-doctor-hopes-having-MORE-children-aged-47.html

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Other than reversing vasectomies, they keep mum on fertility treatments, if they get them at all. Brandon Keilen has said stuff about *God's timing," but who knows what they'redoing behind the scenes? For them, it's been almost two years with no pregnancy in sight.

What do they say about reversing vasectomies?

No one has *said* anything, but fundie men have gotten them. Think Stevehovah Maxwell. He has five "reversal" children. JB would never have gotten one in the first place. They were just putting off having kids; it's not like they didn't plan on not having any. That's why Mechelle was on the Pill for three-ish years before getting pregnant with Smuggar and went back on it after he was born. The onus was on HER not to get pregnant in their marriage. Of course, they got bad advice from the infamous Dr. Wheat, which changed everything for the Duggars. 

Kelly and Erin Bates have taken steps to MAINTAIN pregnancies, but had no problems actually getting pregnant, so they don't really apply. Their main issue was addressing keeping a pregnancy viable that may not have been 10 years ago. Now, Michael Bates Keilen? As I noted above, she's another kettle of fish, but I bet you dollars to donuts that they don't check HIM for infertility issues. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I haven't read the bible in years, but I thought this was in it, if a couple couldn't conceive a child,  they  blamed it on the woman & said that she was barren? Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

ETA - unlike the Duggars,  we didn't do the KJV bible.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1

Ok more questions that rolled through my mind last night when I couldn't get to sleep: How do the Duggars feel about military service? Would they ever allow one of their boys (not even going to ask about the girls) to enlist?

Are the boys always supervised so someone can yell Nike at them? What if an unaccompanied woman, or group of women come to buy a used car?

Did JB & M date other people before they met? Do they really believe they gave away parts of their heart to other people, wouldn't that mean they weren't able to give their whole hearts to each other and then make their marriage less strong or stable or Godly?

At what age do the side hugs begin? I mean when the kids are little are they able to hug their parents or siblings full on? I think the side hugs confuse me more than anything but I'm a hugger, the only people I do the side hug with are students when they come to hug me which isn't often as I teach middle school, though even then I've given full hugs to kiddos grieving when they need the support.