Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles: Parallel and Alternative Universe Sightings

supposebly
  • Start Topic

I had to look up what character he would be playing (Rip Hunter, among other things a time traveler!), and saw this from his twitter.

------------------------------

2 days ago
The #LegendsOfTomorrow trailer is out. Here it is. Wowzer. goo.gl/xDnPO5 "All your worlds are about to change."

Wowzer?  Is that a common expression?  I always associate it with "Inspector Gadget" as voiced by Don Adams.  I think Darvill is a little young for that. :0)

Edited by elle
  • Love 1

I'm watching a programme about the development of Children's TV on the BBC. It features a Bernard Cribbins on Jackanory*. I remember him from my younger days, he was fabulous.

*For those outside the UK, Jackanory was a kids show which was celebrities reading kids stories.

• Love 1

I had to look up what character he would be playing (Rip Hunter, among other things a time traveler!), and saw this from his twitter.

2 days ago

The #LegendsOfTomorrow trailer is out. Here it is. Wowzer. goo.gl/xDnPO5 "All your worlds are about to change."

Wowzer?  Is that a common expression?  I always associate it with "Inspector Gadget" as voiced by Don Adams.  I think Darvill is a little young for that. :0)

I can't wait for Legends of Tomorrow.

You know, Alex Kingston plays the mother of one of the Legends of Tomorrow characters.  I can only hope this means she'll appear on the show at some point and maybe get to interact with Arthur Darvill's character.

• Love 1

The actor who played Ramone in THORS played the popstar Proto Zoa on a really old Disney movie called Zenon. 

You're my supernova girl...

I will gladly admit to this DCOM being a guilty pleasure for me.  I watched the episode again and still didn't recognize him.  Just not the same without the bleached blonde hair. Still cute though ;0)

Me again!  This time borrowing from this site...

Other than "2016, there's no premiere date yet for Netflix's The Crown -- a biodrama series about the ascension of Elizabeth Windsor to the throne of England -- but with the release of a nice, chunky trailer, you can start making plans to mainline it now. Yes, that's Wolf Hall's Anne Boleyn, Claire Foy, as the queen, plus Doctor Who's Matt Smith as Prince Philip, John Lithgow as Winston Churchill, and a bunch of other fancy-pantses you've seen in countless other productions. Fun fact: this show's abdicator, ex-King Edward VII, is played by Alex Jennings, formerly Prince Charles to Helen Mirren's QE2 in The Queen! Check it out.

I may finally have to give in and get Netflix!

• Love 1

I didn’t realize until a few weeks ago that Arthur Darvill, who I knew played Rip Hunter in Legends of Tomorrow, was the same guy playing the priest in Broadchurch (which I binge watched during Series 11) and the the same guy playing Rory in the one Doctor Who episode I’ve seen him in

In another sighting, Freema Agyeman, who played Martha Jones, is a doctor in the NBC series New Amsterdam

• Love 1

For those who are interested, the play that National Theatre Live is streaming for free this week is Treasure Island. I settled in to watch, and who do I see but Arthur Darvill as Long John Silver? Very different role to Rory, obviously, but also a different type of Silver than I'm used to seeing. Enjoyed it a lot. It'll be up until Thursday, when a new play will go up in its place.

• Love 1

In "other sighting" news:  John Barrowman was on an episode of the R-series of the panel show QI last year.  He's also going to be on an episode of the up-coming S-series.

Also showing up in Series S, on the Christmas show no less; Mel herself, Bonnie Langford!

More Jodie Whittaker projects to catch up on

"One Night" - 6-part limited series from Paramount+, announced in February. It will be released September 1 on at least Paramount+ Australia. No word on other locations yet

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/paraplusonenight_jodieann1

"Toxic Town" - 4-part limited series from Netflix about a UK environmental scandal, announced today

https://deadline.com/2023/08/netflix-series-corby-poisonings-aimee-lou-wood-jodie-whittaker-robert-carlyle-1235458310/

Jodie will narrate BBC animated special Tabby McTat, to be shown on the BBC at Christmas

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/tabbymctat-bbcann1

Jodie will narrate Ready Eddie Go on Sky Kids TV this Fall

Twitter post https://twitter.com/ReadyEddieGo/status/1679784951988862977?s=20

• Like 1
On 10/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, DanaK said:

Jodie Whittaker's "Time" Series 2 will premiere on Sunday October 29 at 9pm UK time on BBC1. For US and Canadian fans, Britbox North America has not indicated when they will stream it yet

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/time-season-2-bbc-release-date-confirmed-newsupdate/

ETA: Also, 30 second teaser for "Time"

Note that all 3 episodes dropped on iPlayer earlier in the day, so you can either watch on linear weekly or watch all episodes at once on iPlayer or do both

2 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

David Tennant will be hosting the BAFTAs this Sunday, 18th of February.

For Americans, they can watch it on Britbox US