Type keyword(s) to search

Vikings Sightings In The Media

EricJ
  • Start Topic

Ron Moore (show runner for Battlestar Galactica and Outlander on STARZ) just gave Vikings a nice shout-out at PaleyFest where he was doing a panel discussion about Outlander.  He was asked what other show he'd like to work on for a day and he picked Vikings because of the unique culture it presents -- one that is so completely different from modern day.  The audience roared its approval.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1

Ron Moore (show runner for Battlestar Galactica and Outlander on STARZ) just gave Vikings a nice shout-out at PaleyFest where he was doing a panel discussion about Outlander.  He was asked what other show he'd like to work on for a day and he picked Vikings because of the unique culture it presents -- one that is so completely different from modern day.  The audience roared it's approval.

Lagertha & Starbuck .. I want to see them on The Amazing Race asap!

There use to be a forum for this show on another site with this thread.  But It went out of business! So, I am going to start it again!

There a bunch of Deleted Scenes, Extended Scenes & Parts Not Show On USA TV of the Viking TV show floating around out there, that does not get show on American TV!  Very interesting stuff, here a place to put it all!  Also, there a of parts like this on tumblr for anyone who would like to root around on there and than post it on here!

Here a couple links to start:

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=609272

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10100180783405716

• Love 1

Bravo! (clap…clap.. clap)

I've not read the book or seen the movie, but this was so well done and made me laugh. I'm not sure that's what the book or movie were aiming for, but so be it.

Will we see Odo and his kinkiness again? One can only hope! ;)

I found it deeply offensive. Random beating of naked women doesn't amuse me.

I'm hesitant to post this, but I don't think @LEVE was meaning to show that "random beating of naked women" was amusing, but is riffing on the popularity of the "50 Shades of Grey" books and movie. This is more of a parody as well as a satire on the books pointing out the humor in human quirks and especially human sexuality. It's well done, IMO.

There are far more offensive depictions of the various aspects of sexuality on the show with rapes aplenty which are certainly not humorous. This bit with some admittedly kinky aspects of consensual sex is, IMO, not especially offensive, but, given my sense of humor, pretty entertaining. (The age of Odo and his bad wig are the piece de resistance, I must admit)

• Love 2

I thought it could have been much worse.  When that poor woman was following Odo into that cave I covered my eyes because I thought he had something really sinister in mind--involving spikes and chains.  *shudder*  She was very brave (actually, stupid is what I'd call her) for following him because you could see the wariness in her eyes. 

Odo is no fool though.  No way he'd proposition Lagertha.  Even if he had a death wish, I think he'd rather just stab himself to death than to deal with her. 

I wonder if that woman was truly consenting to being whipped by Odo. I know she wanted to have sex with him to show her "appreciation" but it came across as her getting into way deeper than she wanted.

(edited)

Hey, Vikings fans, BBC America has adapted Bernard Cornwell's Saxon books into a series that will air this year. (I guess no date is set yet.) It's a great series of books in which Ragnar's sons and Alfred play a big part. I can't tell you how excited I was to here this.

Here's some of the info: http://www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-black/2015/04/17/the-last-kingdom-teaser-to-air-during-orphan-black/

Happy dance!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3

New regulars:

Finnish actors Peter Franzen (The Gunman) and Jasper Paakkonen (Frozen Land, Secret Lives) as well as Dianne Doan (Once Upon a Time) have joined the drama series created by Michael Hirst, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Franzen will play King Harald Finehair, a Scandinavian warrior and potential threat to Ragnar (Travis Fimmel). Paakkonen is set to play Halfdan the Black, Finehair's younger brother. Doan will portray Yidu, a new and unique Chinese character who will have a big role in season four.

(edited)

This is cool: Katheryn Winnick got a Critics Choice nomination for Best Supporting Actress.  Sure, it's no Emmy or anything, but it's rare for this show to get any kind of awards nods, so I'm glad for both her and the show.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3
(edited)

Today's Vikings  non-sighting:  no emmy nominations.  I guess it's because it is not an American production??? 
Retracting today.  The show is nominated for Outstanding Special Visual Effects.  Still not enough.

Edited by Babalooie

He will be away from him, in order to get revenge in the second season, let's hope there is a second season btw i have started a channel collecting the soundtracks of 'the last kingdom" that i could find here is the link