Type keyword(s) to search

Vikings Sightings In The Media

EricJ
  • Start Topic

What was interest about that Hirst interview was that the show is literally filming about one full season ahead ATM. They're filming 5.16 and this most recent episode was 4.15. Given they're filming virtually year round, I guess Histoery will have to decide fairly soon about season 6.

I can't find a link online, but the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (with either Carrie Fisher or George Michael on the cover) has an article about "Vikings' New Era" with a pic of Jonathan Rhys Meyers and an interview with Travis Fimmel.

• Love 1

After reading the Hollywood Reporter article posted above, I'm okay with this being my final season. It's possible that I will check out next season, but I've lost interest in the show, and I really don't care about Ivar. Hirst is adamant that with Ivar you never know what he'll do, but I do know what he'll do and that is kill anyone and everyone. There is no suspense about him or his story line. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Christina said:

After reading the Hollywood Reporter article posted above, I'm okay with this being my final season. It's possible that I will check out next season, but I've lost interest in the show, and I really don't care about Ivar. Hirst is adamant that with Ivar you never know what he'll do, but I do know what he'll do and that is kill anyone and everyone. There is no suspense about him or his story line. 

And I'm the opposite.  I can't wait for Season 5 to begin.  And there really is no suspense about most any historical character's storyline anyway.  But history is lived and I want to see these characters living it.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Christina said:

I was about to say, Ivar is the most one-note character on the show. I don't find him unpredictable at all. 

2 hours ago, magdalene said:

so hopefully this year?

My guess would be the Fall, which is the traditional premier season after the Summer reruns, at least in N. America.  Speaking of in the media, I am a big fan of Gustaf Skarsgard and his acting dynasty family.  In an interview I read he said that he is a more artsy, private person than his brother Alexander, who preferred to go "Hollywood."  If anyone finds any new articles or interviews with him, please post.  I haven't seen anything current in quite a while.

Edited by Babalooie
to add content
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Babalooie said:

My guess would be the Fall, which is the traditional premier season after the Summer reruns, at least in N. America.  Speaking of in the media, I am a big fan of Gustaf Skarsgard and his acting dynasty family.  In an interview I read he said that he is a more artsy, private person than his brother Alexander, who preferred to go "Hollywood."  If anyone finds any new articles or interviews with him, please post.  I haven't seen anything current in quite a while.

I don't think it will be in the fall.  I think it will be in two parts like this past season which means the first 10 episodes soon ... this spring.  Then 10 episodes in the fall.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:24 AM, green said:

... this spring. 

OOO, I hope it will be Spring!  Since they film a year ahead of time, I'm sure it's in postproduction or finished.

Edited by Babalooie
Capitals are important.
11 hours ago, Babalooie said:

OOO, I hope it will be Spring!  since they film a year ahead of time, I'm sure it's in postproduction or finished.

Well they were filming through December Hirst said but that was because there were 20 episodes so the first 10 were probably filmed last spring-summer and should well be ready to go soon if not now.  And last year they had the first 10 episodes when?  In the spring is what I kind of remember.  So that was why I'm guessing sooner than later.

• Love 1
On 6/23/2017 at 5:03 PM, Ohwell said:

The actress who played Aslaug is in a new tv series called The Mist.   She looks strange in non-Viking getup, very tall and skinny. 

I KNEW I'd see her somewhere before and for the life of me I could not place her face!  Thank you!  I never looked for her real name in the credits when she was on Vikings.  This was driving me nuts every time I watched Mist.  So glad I clicked on Vikings to see if anything was new.  I couldn't really enjoy Mist because I kept saying, "I have seen this woman in something else."

Now I can get on with the business of living - LOL!

• Love 1

Hey anyone know what time on Wednesday nights Vikings is being broadcast.  Can't afford a DVD device so I watch these shows "live."  I hope it is at 9PM because Mr Robot is on at 10 PM and they are the ONLY two dramas I watch on TV at all now.  It would be horrible if they were both on at the same time.

I think Vikings repeats the episode the same night in the wee hours maybe?  Or immediately after the first broadcast?  Anyone remember?  Not so much Mr Robot as far as I know.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:33 PM, magdalene said:

Per their website new season starts Wednesday November 29 at 9/8c with a 2 hr premiere.

And their new Knights Templar show KNIGHTFALL starts Wednesday December 6 at 10/9c

Thanks.  Do you know if it repeats overnight at all?  Survivor runs 2 hours that night and the 2 hours of Vikings, in return, runs over Mr Robot.

Or put another way does History channel have a CLEAR -- as opposed to the usual confusing -- way to view the airing and re-airing times of the premiere?

Also Knightfall will have to be viewed at another time too because, dammit, Mr Robot is a really really great show too.  Please go up against some trash show instead.  (Why do interesting show try to knock each other off, they should band together and take on the crap that is most of TV head-to-head instead).

Edited by green
1 hour ago, green said:

Thanks.  Do you know if it repeats overnight at all?  Survivor runs 2 hours that night and the 2 hours of Vikings, in return, runs over Mr Robot.

Or put another way does History channel have a CLEAR -- as opposed to the usual confusing -- way to view the airing and re-airing times of the premiere?

Also Knightfall will have to be viewed at another time too because, dammit, Mr Robot is a really really great show too.  Please go up against some trash show instead.  (Why do interesting show try to knock each other off, they should band together and take on the crap that is most of TV head-to-head instead).

According to their website it repeats at 1.03 AM Thursday morning.

• Love 1
On 11/27/2017 at 0:20 AM, green said:
On 11/23/2017 at 4:49 PM, Ohwell said:

It repeats at 11:03 p.m. on the east coast, and again at 1:03 a.m.

Cool.  11:03 is even better.  Right when Mr Robot ends.  Perfect.  Thanks.

Sorry, @green, I misread the tv guide, it's The Departed Part 2 that airs at 11:03 (I didn't even know there was a Part 2).  The whole episode doesn't repeat until 1:03 as magdalene said.

Looks like there's 4 hours of Vikings tonight. There's an odd pre-premiere eposide called "The Saga of Lagertha" at 7 (central). Then the 2 hour premiere, "The Departed". Then at 10 (central) is "The Departed part 2". Then it starts all over again. Damn, yea, with Survivor being 2 hours tonight, it's simply too much. I'll have to watch Vikings in bits and pieces this week! 

39 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Looks like there's 4 hours of Vikings tonight. There's an odd pre-premiere eposide called "The Saga of Lagertha" at 7 (central). Then the 2 hour premiere, "The Departed". Then at 10 (central) is "The Departed part 2". Then it starts all over again. Damn, yea, with Survivor being 2 hours tonight, it's simply too much. I'll have to watch Vikings in bits and pieces this week! 

Me too! I watch Survivor plus I DVR Empire. I'll have to watch the four hours of Vikings tomorrow. I'm so excited this show is back! 

On 11/29/2017 at 4:47 PM, Ohwell said:

Sorry, @green, I misread the tv guide, it's The Departed Part 2 that airs at 11:03 (I didn't even know there was a Part 2).  The whole episode doesn't repeat until 1:03 as magdalene said.

No problem.  When it started at  11 I realized I was seeing "previouslies" of something I hadn't seen previously, haha.  So I took a much needed break from the TV and googled that the Legend of Lagertha clip show came on at midnight then the 2 hours premiere -- Departed 1 and Departed 2.  (They couldn't be bothered to come up with a different title for the second hour, heh).

It worked out better this way anyway.  The Mr Robot episode was awesome and I had time to savor and digest it some instead of just rushing straight into Vikings.

But it was weird that they only showed Part 2 immediately after the first broadcast.  History Channel was really dumb doing that.

Edited by green
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2017 at 0:14 AM, green said:

But it was weird that they only showed Part 2 immediately after the first broadcast.  History Channel was really dumb doing that.

I suspect History was setting a pattern of how future episodes will air this season with the new drama series about the Knights Templar the premieres after Vikings next week. And the episode pattern for repairing when there is a two hour Vikings episode is always a bit wierd.