Type keyword(s) to search

Vikings Sightings In The Media

EricJ
  • Start Topic

What's this about Athelstan? Versailles...where I can find this?

It aired in Canada from November to January on Super channel. We got it in English (it aired in France with French dubbing). It is well worth looking for. I do believe you can find all episodes on line if you search

HOLY CRAP!!!!! 20 episodes!?!?!?!?!  Heaven - or Valhalla - or - whatever!!!! I have been waiting so long for this season, I completely forgot it was on Thursday nite and was frantically searching the listings for Tuesday nite!!  Joke's on me!  Anywho, the reruns are wonderful to behold and I will be in absolute heaven 'round about 10PM Eastern time when the good times roll - again - .....Shield Wall, indeed! Lagertha RULES!!!!!

• Love 1

I would guess they are going to air 10 episodes and then maybe the other 10 later?

That is correct.

From masterherald.com (possible spoilers within, so quoting the important part below);

The Irish-Canadian drama will be airing the first 10 episodes for 10 straight weeks and will have a short hiatus before the remaining 10 episodes will be shown.

• Love 1

I have no idea what the shooting schedule for Vikings is. I just have a hard time picturing that Standen would have time to be a regular on Vikings and the lead on another series. 

However, if all 20 episodes of this season have finished filming maybe this means there will be a big time jump coming sometime during the season and the show is moving on from the older generation, Ragnar, Lagertha, Rollo, etc. to focus on Ragnars sons - who after all are famous Vikings in their own right?

Yaaaayyy!!

I love the beautiful family portrait with Lagertha, Ragnar, and Bjorn.  And they're adding Jonathan Rhys Meyers to boot?  Can't wait!

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

Yaaaayyy!!

I love the beautiful family portrait with Lagertha, Ragnar, and Bjorn.  And they're adding Jonathan Rhys Meyers to boot?  Can't wait!

Just saw this !!! Can't wait either.... JRM will be a GREAT addition... no matter what his role.

My next password at work will probably be Athelstan...

This is worth a giggle...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/jokes-only-vikings-fans-will-understand?utm_term=.yb8pYLM9x#.kkVZ5Yz8y

That was fun. Thx for posting it SMB :)

• Love 1

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in so I chose this one.

There will be a special on next week about a possible second Viking settlement being excavated in Newfoundland, Canada. It will be on BBC1 on Monday the 4th and PBS on the 6th. The title is Vikings Unearthed.

• Love 4

Omg why do I kill myself by watching these teasers? Vikings is bringing the crazy this fall and I. Cannot. Wait.

If there is a God, we'll see an epic Lagaertha/Aslaug showdown with Aslaug coming out on the losing end.

• Love 4

Adam Copeland a.k.a. the former WWE star known as Edge, will apparently be having a recurring role in the fifth season.  I know he's been getting into acting (The Flash), but I still feel like when I see him here, I'm going to wait for him to toss his sword or battle axe aside and just tackle his opponent, while JR screams "SPEAR!  SPEAR!!! HAS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE'S BEEN BROKEN IN HALF!!!"

4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Adam Copeland a.k.a. the former WWE star known as Edge, will apparently be having a recurring role in the fifth season.  I know he's been getting into acting (The Flash), but I still feel like when I see him here, I'm going to wait for him to toss his sword or battle axe aside and just tackle his opponent, while JR screams "SPEAR!  SPEAR!!! HAS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE'S BEEN BROKEN IN HALF!!!"

Awesome!  I've been a fan of Edge for years and think he should be a good addition to the show.  His old long blond hair look was perfect for the show.  He also was a cast member on Haven for a couple of seasons.

Maybe he can spear Ragnar off the top of a castle.

Seriously though, cool news.

• Love 1
On 7/26/2016 at 6:52 PM, ElDosEquis said:

The program Expedition Unknown, on the Travel Channel, had a great episode on Vikings. The whole episode was dedicated to the sunstone and 'compass'

the original Vikings used to find their way around.

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/expedition-unknown/episodes/viking-sunstone

In season one, the show used the same stone and compass set up, but never really explained how they worked.

Well to be fair in the very first episode of the show Ragnar did tell Rollo he had "something that would change everything forever" then proceeded to give Rollo a Vikings science lesson on how both worked complete with bowl of water on the table and the candle standing in for the sun etc.  Even Rollo the Thickheaded finally "got it" after that.

And yeah I saw the program you mentioned above too.  The creator of Vikings was certainly doing his research and grabbing and putting stuff into the storyline left and right.

Just bumping this thread again to find out if someone, anyone, has heard of the fall premiere date.  I'm getting really antsy.  And Mr Robot has only one episode left this season after tonight so I need my Viking's fix sooner than later.

November 30th?  After Thanksgiving?  What???  They trying to kill the show burying it in the holidays and driving me crazy waiting that long?  I am totally bummed!

The one classy show the History Channel has on gets delayed and delayed.  Instead all we can see on that network is how ancient aliens invented the wheel for us because we were way too dumb to realize that round things roll.  Then they hid it in a barn in Iowa a long long time ago for a couple of pickers to find centuries later.  They eventually took it to a pawn shop in Las Vegas where it is currently on display.  That is like the total rest of the stuff on that channel in a nutshell.  Emphasis on "nut".

• Love 5

Lovely long article about Travis Fimmel in today's Sydney Morning Herald (no spoilers at all). Apparently he's very shy and doesn't say much:

After the first 10 minutes of our chat I decide that Fimmel, who grew up in country Victoria, is the shyest, most un-actorly actor I've ever interviewed. When he occasionally replies in more than two sentences at a time, it seems like a verbal explosion.

I like this bit particularly:

Fimmel has been able to parlay his own natural stillness and reticence into a kind of Brando-esque broodiness onscreen. In his portrayal of Nordic leader Ragnar Lothbrok in Vikings, Fimmel conveys intensity and internal conflict through his highly expressive eyes: his glassy stare after he's committed some gory act of ultra violence, his yearning, hungry gaze as he sets out on another seaborne adventure. He counterbalances this with small, emotive gestures: tenderly stroking his wife's face, cradling a jumpy lamb or playing the clown with his children. Luckily for Fimmel, the camera pays avid attention to these details, enabling his expressions and gestures to say it all (for a lead role, he doesn't have that many lines).

• Love 6
On 9/14/2016 at 11:36 PM, green said:

November 30th?  After Thanksgiving?  What???  They trying to kill the show burying it in the holidays and driving me crazy waiting that long?  I am totally bummed!

The one classy show the History Channel has on gets delayed and delayed.  Instead all we can see on that network is how ancient aliens invented the wheel for us because we were way too dumb to realize that round things roll.  Then they hid it in a barn in Iowa a long long time ago for a couple of pickers to find centuries later.  They eventually took it to a pawn shop in Las Vegas where it is currently on display.  That is like the total rest of the stuff on that channel in a nutshell.  Emphasis on "nut".

You are right...and funny too!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, green said:

48 hours!  Woot!! as geeky Vikings used to say in the day. 

Hey is the History Channel showing the first half of season 4 in a marathon format before Wednesday night?  Anyone know?

They're showing episodes beginning with season 4, episode 6 on Wednesday beginning at 3:00 pm eastern tme.

• Love 1

I've posted this in the episode thread since that is where the traffic will be tonight but it probably officially belongs here.  Just hoping to help out people posting on that thread who didn't realize about the other two shows and want to catch them overnight.

Posting this here so this is the most likely place people will see this tonight so hope that is okay.  This is especially for those posting here tonight and might not realize there are/were two other supplemental shows to go with this episode and take watch/tape them on the rebound.  Maybe delete this post AFTER tonight?

This is a whole night of Viking goodness it looks like.  Season 4 is playing right now (4 PM) and than we have:

8PM EST/PST, 7 PM Central: "Vikings: The Saga of Ragnar Lothbrok" being touted as a re-cap leading up to this episode.  If you miss it cause you are off watching modern day Vikings aka Survivor or whatever it is reaped later.

9PM EST/PST, 8 PM Central: "The Outsider" (this here episode)

10:02 PM EST/PST, 9 PM Central: "Real Vikings: Age of Invasion" (can we discuss this in this thread as well as a appendix to the episode?) It is billed a documentary featuring Clive Standan (Rollo) taking us on a tour of Europe and talking all things Viking and invasion so is all linked in as part of the premiere night apparently.

Then for those who missed these or missed recording them, the repeats:

11:04pm: "The Outsider"

12:04am: Vikings: The Saga of Ragnar" (Vikings clip show, wipes away tear of a highlight reel being made, it's only repeat)

1:03am: "The Outsider" again

2:04am: Clive Standon's doc "Real Vikings" only repeat.

3:04 am: :The Ourtsider" one more time!

Fanatical Viking insomniacs rejoice!  (Or you could just tape the whole overnight).

• Love 2