Type keyword(s) to search

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

As someone who usually defends Jimmy, I thought he was idiot in that Scar Jo interview.  WTH was that?

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1
(edited)

This was pretty hysterical.

I was losing it when Sofia said, "What could have more easy when I said, what I sleep in?!?"

Edited by vb68

What has happened to Madonna's front teeth?  Did she do that on purpose?  I mean, she didn't used to have that huge gap in her teeth, did she?

Actually my recollection is that she's always had a gap.  I though she finally had it fixes a few years ago, but I guess not.  There are things that can be done to temporarily deemphasize the gap though, and I think maybe that's why it wasn't that noticeable in her early videos (because as she's gotten older she's more inclined to say "fuck that" but didn't when she was young and dressing up like Marilyn Monroe for videos).

It could be worse. She did in some appearances in the past year or two wear a terrible looking metal grill in her mouth (yes, like a rapper).  

• Love 1

I watched his interviews for a about a week since no more Letterman, and man, everyone and everything is the best....the greatest..... fantastic.

• Love 2

I absolutely love that he had Elayne Boosler on.  It was so sweet to see her.  I hadn't seen her on TV in forever and wasn't even sure if she was still doing comedy.  I use to watch her all the time back in the day on Arsenio and Comic Relief.  

Never let them see you sweat, Elayne! 

I watched his interview with Jason Statham last night, and the first 2-3 minutes of their interview was a recap of the games they played in his two previous appearances.

I can't watch "live" anymore -- too much silliness & back-patting (Jimmy).  Sometimes I wonder if the people feel like they're wasting their time.

Even though I did it above, I feel like complaining about his interviews is like beating a dead horse at this point, even if the horse may be asking for it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I watched his interview with Jason Statham last night, and the first 2-3 minutes of their interview was a recap of the games they played in his two previous appearances.

I don't really see the big deal, honestly.  It's basically just friendly banter/repartee. Guys do talk like that.

I'm much more relieved he's laying off the really lame Biden jokes for awhile.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

Ugh, he's having Jeb Bush on next week to revel in his campaign announcement, no doubt. Expect a bunch of fawning and ass kissing as usual. If he even comes out with "your brother was such a great president..."

Ugh, he's having Jeb Bush on next week to revel in his campaign announcement, no doubt. Expect a bunch of fawning and ass kissing as usual. If he even comes out with "your brother was such a great president..."

Maybe they'll play Beer Pong.

• Love 1

Even though I did it above, I feel like complaining about his interviews is like beating a dead horse at this point, even if the horse may be asking for it.

Yeah, but a dead horse doesn't have people try and remount and ride it again.  A bad interviewer gets a new ride (and so a new rider thrown) every day.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, but a dead horse doesn't have people try and remount and ride it again.  A bad interviewer gets a new ride (and so a new rider thrown) every day.

I watched him interview Bryce Dallas Howard, which basically consisted of her sitting there for 10 minutes while he gushed over the movie.

Edited by GaryE
  • Love 1

I watched him interview Bryce Dallas Howard, which basically consisted of her sitting there for 10 minutes while he gushed over the movie.

In other words what this jackass does 80% of the time... channel the fictional version of Chris Farley from "The Chris Farley Show" skits on SNL.

• Love 4

Yikes, that slow jam with Jeb Bush was painful. "Caucus tease" and "master debator" jokes? I'm surprised Bush's team was okay with that.

Personally, I thought it demeaned Jeb & I didn't think it was at all funny.  Jimmy & his team are really diggin' deep for their "cute".

• Love 2

I've read blind items galore this morning about substance abuse problems and partying every night instead of going home to wifey and kids.  It's a shame, but that's what fame does to people sometimes.  I noticed his "coke nose" quite a while ago.  ?uestlove's twitter is void of any comment on the situation.  He stays clean and probably hopes to continue to have a job.  I'm afraid rehab is next for Jimmy.

I've read blind items galore this morning about substance abuse problems and partying every night instead of going home to wifey and kids.  It's a shame, but that's what fame does to people sometimes.  I noticed his "coke nose" quite a while ago.  ?uestlove's twitter is void of any comment on the situation.  He stays clean and probably hopes to continue to have a job.  I'm afraid rehab is next for Jimmy.

links?

(edited)

Here's one of many.  This one sums it up pretty well.  Commenters are certainly convinced.  I have followed him since SNL and just hate to see this, but it goes with the territory.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=72147

I read that Fallon, Tina Fey, Louis CK, Amy Poehler and The Situation would do coke off a stripper's ass. Such a shame these funny people!

Edited by nowandlater
(edited)

cpcathy:  This is just my guess/observation.  I have no proofbbut I'm a people watcher and I've been watching him since SNL.  Some people snort through a straw or rolled up dollar bill.  One of his nostrils always looks perfectly round, as if a straw had been inserted, although I realize that something is not always used.  I've noticed it for a long time, but also thought that maybe he had allergies or something.  With the new scuttlebutt, it seems as if my first observation MAY be true.

I hate to see it, as I said, but it's a part of show biz.  You have to get to 30 Rock 5 days a week, whether you feel  like it or not.  Going home after taping once in a while might help.

Edited by Babalooie

I read that Fallon, Tina Fey, Louis CK, Amy Poehler and The Situation would do coke off a stripper's ass. Such a shame these funny people!

The Situation is funny? Bam! Lost me there!

I know you are joking, but the association with Fey and Poehler is about the only reason I have to doubt Fallon didn't go off the deep end years ago. Those two are too sensible, but also consistent in their workloads, to be druggies.

• Love 1

I like Jimmy a lot and I generally like his late night show, but I had a hard time with this thing with his hand.  You were in ***ICU*** for 10 days over that? I'm sorry but I either call BS on his story or on the medical system. At least where I live you're lucky you can get ICU if you're barely able to breathe.

But yeah people get the same care no matter what insurance they have...haha. Right.

• Love 2

I like Jimmy a lot and I generally like his late night show, but I had a hard time with this thing with his hand.  You were in ***ICU*** for 10 days over that? I'm sorry but I either call BS on his story or on the medical system. At least where I live you're lucky you can get ICU if you're barely able to breathe.

But yeah people get the same care no matter what insurance they have...haha. Right.

I'm thinking it has less to do with a Cadillac insurance plan and more to do with "undisclosed reasons for further treatment." I've always liked Jimmy but some of the rumors are starting to be more believable, unfortunately.

• Love 2

I'm thinking it has less to do with a Cadillac insurance plan and more to do with "undisclosed reasons for further treatment." I've always liked Jimmy but some of the rumors are starting to be more believable, unfortunately.

So the speculation is what? Rehab? Do they even DO that for 10 day stints?

The fiction here may just be HOW he got the injury, not the treatment. "ICU" may just be bullshit layered on top of everything. I mean even if losing a finger is not great, it doesn't seem like it would be life threatening. I'd say "private hospital where they'd look after him as CLOSELY as an ICU, but not an actual ICU".

So the speculation is what? Rehab? Do they even DO that for 10 day stints?

The fiction here may just be HOW he got the injury, not the treatment. "ICU" may just be bullshit layered on top of everything. I mean even if losing a finger is not great, it doesn't seem like it would be life threatening. I'd say "private hospital where they'd look after him as CLOSELY as an ICU, but not an actual ICU".

Rehab/detox/whatever probably does whatever stint a celebrity requires to get back to taping a nightly show. Obviously ICU can be code for just about anything.

And now he's an Emmy nominee again. Sigh.  I know it's not the first time.  And I know most of the other shows (except Conan, Meyers and Bill Mahr) are nominated. But other than having a good feel for musical parodies and party games, does this hack really deserve Emmy noms?  Over CONAN? (who's about ten times as clever--even this many years in)

Sigh.

I love Bill Hader and he doesn't do that many talk shows, so when he does, I want to hear him talk. I saw Trainwreck last night and it was very good. I would rather hear more about that. The sketch they were doing was very SNL, in that it didn't know when to end, and went on far too long.

(edited)

I love Bill Hader and he doesn't do that many talk shows, so when he does, I want to hear him talk. I saw Trainwreck last night and it was very good. I would rather hear more about that. The sketch they were doing was very SNL, in that it didn't know when to end, and went on far too long.

OK, I had to look it up. Hader has made 11 talk show appearances (daytime and late-night) in the past year and a half. He was a guest on Conan twice in 2014.

Edited by nowandlater

I'm no medical expert, but I've read that he was in ICU because of high risk of infection.  I was thinking celeb detox.

The infection risk would make the most logical sense. I just know around here you're lucky if they even keep you in the hospital at all, nevermind ICU. I "shattered" (doc's word) my tibia and cracked my fibula, couldn't even move at all without excruciating pain, good insurance, and still had to beg them to even keep me until my husband had a chance to build a ramp to get into our house. They finally stuck me in a room but got me out of there as soon as they possibly could. So when I heard 10 days in ICU for a broken finger I was like "yeah right!"

Or of course there's the celeb detox angle, but considering he's been drinking on the show I'm kind of doubting it.

• Love 1