Type keyword(s) to search

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’m still watching almost every night.  I usually laugh and find something amusing about most of the guests, but tonight was a struggle.  I like Tracy Morgan, but I was not wild about his appearance as a guest tonight.  It wasn’t very funny and I found myself hoping it would end.  What happened? Hmmmm ...... 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jimmy is selling his nyc apartment for $15 million 

Yeah. Wow. Seems Fallon has a spare on Long Island with “a bit more space“ than the one he’s selling for $15 mil that “spans three stories and combines four units for nearly 5,000 square feet in Manhattan’s Gramercy Park — about two miles from Rockefeller Center, where Fallon films ‘The Tonight Show’” (https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-fallon-selling-whimsical-york-212506834.html).

• Love 1
On 3/5/2021 at 12:21 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m still watching almost every night.  I usually laugh and find something amusing about most of the guests, but tonight was a struggle.  I like Tracy Morgan, but I was not wild about his appearance as a guest tonight.  It wasn’t very funny and I found myself hoping it would end.  What happened? Hmmmm ...... 

To tell the truth, the way Tracy Morgan acts on most talk shows, if he wasn't Tracy Morgan and I saw him on the street, I'd cross to the other side.

• Love 3

I haven’t seen Morgan on any other show, so I was surprised at how unfunny he was.  I’m not sure what to make of it. 

I looked at the photos of the apt Jimmy has on the market. Man, it’s a very unique look.  I can’t imagine many people liking the styles, of course maybe the bizarre nature of it lends to the value.  It might look charming and/or whimsical, but I’d have trouble looking at all those styles all the time.  This might be a good time to sell. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I have enjoyed the Samsung movies that people have done on their cameras:  so clever & original, I am impressed.

Me too!  So original.  I love it. Do you know how they got those phones?

On 3/20/2021 at 7:01 PM, catlover79 said:

Some pretty big changes to the show come Monday, per the end of the clip from last night's episode:

I wondered if Higgins was ever going to rejoin the show....I think Jimmy needs feed back so it will be good for him to have an audience again

On 3/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Nancy's teeth are just way too white.  It's all I can concentrate on.

I think Franny is a star though.  

Nancy & Jimmy are so cute together, the way they laugh about the same things & all the funny things that have happened to them, I like seeing Jimmy's family

• Love 3
On 3/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think Franny is a star though.

Winnie is the older; Franny the younger, right?
I wanted to send Jimmy for a time out because he was so annoyed at the way Franny was playing the keyboard sound effect like it was a real keyboard, which I thought was very creative and talented of her. 
Both kids are adorbs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Winnie is the older; Franny the younger, right?

Yes.

Higgins had been doing his voiceovers from home all this time and dropped in via Zoom periodically, so he was never completely "gone"...just remote. It will be interesting to see the dynamic now. Higgins was never a favorite of mine, but maybe absence will have made the heart grow fonder. We'll see.

It will be nice to see Studio 6B again (they've been in 6A since they returned to 30 Rock in July). Since his is not a political show in the way that Stephen Colbert's and Seth Meyers' are, Jimmy has especially suffered from no studio audience. I miss the games he would play with the guests, Classroom Instruments versions of famous artists' songs, etc. I doubt the audience will be at full capacity, but it's good that Jimmy will have a crowd to play for again.

• Love 2

He’s been plenty political to me. Which I love.  So, the audience consists of 58 health care workers who are masked and fully vaccinated.  His monologue is really good tonight.  Lots of energy! I am disappointed with one of the guests....Andy Cohen...lol.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

OK, he's not AS political as some of the other late-night hosts. Anyway, it's great to see everyone back in Studio 6B with an audience. I believe Jimmy said everyone in the audience this week will be health care workers. The energy was back, and as Higgins put it, feels oddly normal. If all goes well, I'm sure Seth will have an audience back at Studio 8G before too long. 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It was so nice to see them back in 6B with an audience. The return to semi normalcy affected me more than I thought it would. And so glad the audience members are fully vaccinated and health care workers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I didn't see it but a lot of my musician friends are really upset about him smashing a guitar. One even asked "Is he drinking again?" Guitars for those that are true musicians are an extension of the body and soul and to destroy it means it's only a prop for some. I know Garth Brooks used to smash guitars until someone called him out on it.

• Love 2
On 5/29/2021 at 11:58 AM, stonehaven said:

I didn't see it but a lot of my musician friends are really upset about him smashing a guitar. One even asked "Is he drinking again?" Guitars for those that are true musicians are an extension of the body and soul and to destroy it means it's only a prop for some. I know Garth Brooks used to smash guitars until someone called him out on it.

Didn’t he pick up on that theme after talking to Dave Grohl recently who guest hosted.  They did some scenes and talked about Dave doing it.  Dave’s mother didn’t like it.  I’ve never liked that either.  I’m too pragmatic and if you’re lucky enough to have an instrument, don’t ruin it.  

Tonight he says it’s their first night since covid with a full audience, but they haven’t shown anyone in the audience....why?  He’s almost through his monologue and the still have not shown anyone in the audience?  I don’t get it.  Is he lying?  Lol

• Love 2

at 0:28s, 0:38s, views of the full studio audience.

https://fallon.1iota.com/show/353/the-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon

NBCU COVID-19 POLICIES

If we are able to accommodate your ticket request, the following guidelines will apply:

• All guests must be fully vaccinated on the day of attendance.
    - Please note “fully vaccinated” means at least 14 days after receiving the second dose of the Pfizer/BioNtech or Moderna vaccines, or of a single-dose of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
  • Proof of vaccination must be your physical vaccination card, which shows a US approved vaccine (Moderna, Pfizer/Biontech, or Janssen/Johnson & Johnson). This will be required upon arrival.
  • Face coverings/masks are required at all times while inside the building - no bandanas, no gaiters, no masks with vents will be allowed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/22/2021 at 8:17 PM, catlover79 said:

Yes.

Higgins had been doing his voiceovers from home all this time and dropped in via Zoom periodically, so he was never completely "gone"...just remote. It will be interesting to see the dynamic now. Higgins was never a favorite of mine, but maybe absence will have made the heart grow fonder. We'll see.

It will be nice to see Studio 6B again (they've been in 6A since they returned to 30 Rock in July). Since his is not a political show in the way that Stephen Colbert's and Seth Meyers' are, Jimmy has especially suffered from no studio audience. I miss the games he would play with the guests, Classroom Instruments versions of famous artists' songs, etc. I doubt the audience will be at full capacity, but it's good that Jimmy will have a crowd to play for again.

I was surprised at how I was not into Higgins when they returned with live audience. He actually annoyed me at first.  I gave it some time and he seems to be improving.   

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Poor Jimmy.  I felt sorry for him when Madonna threw her ass across his desk last night.  He looked freaked out, and I don't blame him.

That’s when I turned it off. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

She is way too old to act like that. At least she wore underwear!

and don't forget her ridiculous gloves

she just makes herself look totally stupid, yet she thinks she the sexiest thing alive

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

But she just couldn't resist flashing her butt cheeks.  Jimmy was grossed out.

about her schtick: 

... Author Lucy O'Brien opines that the impact of the sexual assault Madonna suffered in her young adult years was the motivating factor behind everything she has done, more important than the death of her mother: "It's not so much grief at her mother's death that drives her, as the sense of abandonment that left her unprotected. She encountered her own worst possible scenario, becoming a victim of male violence, and thereafter turned that full-tilt into her work, reversing the equation at every opportunity."[311]...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna#Artistry

• Useful 2

Did anyone see Taylor Swift as a guest last night?  Did anyone else find some parts with her rather strange? I’m not a huge fan, but like her ok.  I’ve seen her on tv before, but never noticed her behavior seem so strange.  Multiple times when Jimmy would ask her a question, her response would be odd…like, Yes. I will answer that.  Or, some cryptic answer that didn’t make sense.  They seemed to be very friendly with each other.  Is she like that in other interviews?  I also thought the story about the extra long song on her new album to be odd.  For me, the entire thing was bizarre.  Lol 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone see Taylor Swift as a guest last night?  Did anyone else find some parts with her rather strange? I’m not a huge fan, but like her ok.  I’ve seen her on tv before, but never noticed her behavior seem so strange.  Multiple times when Jimmy would ask her a question, her response would be odd…like, Yes. I will answer that.  Or, some cryptic answer that didn’t make sense.  They seemed to be very friendly with each other.  Is she like that in other interviews?  I also thought the story about the extra long song on her new album to be odd.  For me, the entire thing was bizarre.  Lol 

I saw it.  I’ve always thought she was kind of strange.  When Jimmy came back to the show right after his mother died, she came on the show and sang to him and brought him to tears, so, I think he has a soft spot for her.

• Useful 4
26 minutes ago, Axie said:

I saw it.  I’ve always thought she was kind of strange.  When Jimmy came back to the show right after his mother died, she came on the show and sang to him and brought him to tears, so, I think he has a soft spot for her.

Oh, I see. Maybe, that explains some of the inside comments.   Although, Jimmy really goes out of his way to be very accommodating to his guests.  I might check her out on another interview and see if last night was just a quirk. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Any Jimmy Fallon fans here watching "That's My Jam"?

I searched for a thread here... can't find anything... and well, the first show was hilarious at times. Some great banter and excellent singing by the Voice coaches... they could cut some of the goofy parts and I wouldn't complain. Overall, I'll be watching again. I hope the singing remains such high quality!

• Useful 2
22 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Any Jimmy Fallon fans here watching "That's My Jam"?

I searched for a thread here... can't find anything... and well, the first show was hilarious at times. Some great banter and excellent singing by the Voice coaches... they could cut some of the goofy parts and I wouldn't complain. Overall, I'll be watching again. I hope the singing remains such high quality!

I saw the preview. Looks good.  I’ll watch it On Demand this weekend. I wait to watch the shows that are fun, silly and musical for weekends when I can sing, drink an adult beverage and dance around my house.  LOL

Did Jimmy injure his finger again?  Did you catch that comment about a hurt finger from Blake Shelton tonight?  What was he talking about?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I saw the preview. Looks good.  I’ll watch it On Demand this weekend. I wait to watch the shows that are fun, silly and musical for weekends when I can sing, drink an adult beverage and dance around my house.  LOL

Did Jimmy injure his finger again?  Did you catch that comment about a hurt finger from Blake Shelton tonight?  What was he talking about?  

Sorry... missed that... and I don't watch the JF show and didn't catch that on the Jam show... and unfortunately, had to delete it to make room for Christmas movies! (so can't rewatch)

I'll make this suggestion for when you do watch the Jam show: pay attention to the banter. They're hilarious! Some of the singing is award-winning (esp Ariana and Kelly). Wow!

I may be partially biased - I like the Voice - so I like seeing the coaches interact.

• Love 1