Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Sticky Content

In the season 4 episode where they go to a fancy party and Peter punches Chandler Bing in the face, Veronica takes the kids to a bar and spills that Alicia was pregnant when she and Peter married and she lied about the wedding date.

Thanks, I wasn't paying attention closely during that storyline.  So she was a first year associate back in Chicago, accidentally got pregnant, married Peter, then deliberately had another child the next year?  Or was Grace another "whoopsie"? 

• Love 1

...Alicia's mom ALSO spilled the beans to Grace that she was an "accident" and Alicia had to do some cleaning up there, as well. Grace, as I recall, asked if Alicia & Peter had stayed together for her sake.

• Love 1

Took me until almost the end of the first scene before I recognized Krumholtz, which is sad since he was once my geeky TV/movie boyfriend crush. Was he doing a different accent? Normally his voice is so distinctive I know him without even looking at the screen.

Heh, I never watched Numbers because I can't look at that guy without getting angry because he stabbed Carter and Lucy.

I missed Dan Rubin - who did he play?

• Love 3

I can see why Cary felt he had to go in without the bodyguard - it was the only way to prove to Bishop that he still trusts him. Plus telling him about the tape, proves that Cary is still on Bishop's side. But telling Bishop about the tape has another benefit -  Bishop now knows the FBI has evidence to be used against him if Cary dies.  He couldn't just kill Cary right there in the apartment.  If he is going to off Cary, he is going to have to do more planning than just disappear.

That's because nobody edited it, but this is the writers playing cheap tricks with us.  The all too convenient horrible static covers the strategic part of the conversation where Bishop goes into detail.  We hear Cary mentioned, but then there's the static gap where what he means about Cary is inaudible, and then the indication of violence without Cary's name attached to it.

From a viewer standpoint, who knows Kalinda is going bye bye, this seems obvious as pie. Kalinda is the danger to Bishop more than Cary. He knows this.  There's like ten seconds of convo we can't hear.  He's ranting about Cary, then blaming Kalinda for the mess, then ordering her eliminated.

When I read this, my first reaction was that Bishop admitted discussing killing Cary, but, supposedly, was just saying things in the heat of the moment and didn't really mean it - therefore, Cary, not Kalinda was the one he was talking about on the tape.  Then I realized, he may have talked about killing Kalinda too.  Or Kalinda was really the only target, and Bishop is smart enough to realize Cary "misheard" and Bishop played along.  Either way, Bishop is too savvy to say "Um, did I mention anyone else?"

• Love 4

I can see why Cary felt he had to go in without the bodyguard - it was the only way to prove to Bishop that he still trusts him. Plus telling him about the tape, proves that Cary is still on Bishop's side. But telling Bishop about the tape has another benefit -  Bishop now knows the FBI has evidence to be used against him if Cary dies.  He couldn't just kill Cary right there in the apartment.  If he is going to off Cary, he is going to have to do more planning than just disappear.

When I read this, my first reaction was that Bishop admitted discussing killing Cary, but, supposedly, was just saying things in the heat of the moment and didn't really mean it - therefore, Cary, not Kalinda was the one he was talking about on the tape.  Then I realized, he may have talked about killing Kalinda too.  Or Kalinda was really the only target, and Bishop is smart enough to realize Cary "misheard" and Bishop played along.  Either way, Bishop is too savvy to say "Um, did I mention anyone else?"

Bingo. He played it off as a hat of the moment thing, because why would he come out and admit he was planning to kill Kalinda?  To her BOYFRIEND? (or maybe Ex, who the hell knows what to call them).  Or to any third party.  Kalinda is, and was, the target, I'm sure of it.  Not only Cary, but everyone misunderstood--unless we get into some weird shit where the FBI actually has a tape with the audio cleaned up more and isn't telling anyone.

• Love 1

I was surprised when Kalinda's tech guy said it wasn't "edited."

I would have like to hear more of his explanations of the methods, rather than just the "Yes, it is authentic" line.  There might have been some clue as to what was going on, or more information available, with the tech explanations.  At least they could have written it that way.

• Love 2

Why was everyone so orange???? It took me out of the whole episode.

Prady, Ramona and Peter were the worst. Cary wasn't far behind.

P.S.  With all this canoodling, is there some reason we can't have a few moments with Diane in bed in her slinky pajamas and giant eyeglasses, giving Gary Cole some sass?

I read that as giving Gary Cole some ass.

It gave me a wonderful mental image.

• Love 8

I'm thinking the writers decided to throw Peter under the bus to make Alicia more sympathetic

Was Peter ever not under the bus, so to speak? He's been a slimeball from the pilot. When your character is introduced as the guy who banged 18 prostitutes while pretending to be a family man to his loving wife, that's not exactly setting up a sympathetic character. I like what Noth does with Peter - he does give him and the marriage layers - but Peter at his core has always been a selfish, manipulative son of a bitch.

In other words: Run, Ramona, run!

• Love 5

I totally expected Krumholtz to wheel in a whiteboard covered with calculus to show why his video was good.

Mrs. Torqy noticed that he has put on some weight; she didn't recognize him until I H!ITG'd him.

• Love 1

I burst out laughing during Cary’s saying that no one says “phone” as opposed to “call” and yelled, “YOU CLEARLY WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION DURING THE FIRST SEASON OF THIS SHOW”. I remember the howls on TWoP as we would make fun of all of them – including Cary – constantly saying “phone” as a verb.

TPTB finally listened to the peeps. OK who from TWOP is writing for the show?  Fess up.

• Love 3

I cut Ramona no slack...NO slack.  An adulterer, a cheater, and probably a liar.  Wonder what kind of a mother she has been and how her children are. 

Well, her daughter doesn't wear underwear to her internship job, and is happy to flash her hoo-ha to everyone in the governor's office.

• Love 9

Indef thought Alicia was jealous. She looked sad when describing their meeting. And I was disappointed th e affair does seem to be real because every other time it wasn't. That said, Alicia has no right to be angry.mand being seen touching hands with will? Ew.

• Love 1

I think she still has a right to be mad, even if the marriage is a total sham at this point. Alicia played by the rules. She didn't have an affair with Finn, and she didn't have an affair with Will when that photo of them was taken. She stood by her husband. But now that Alicia wants to use the image of the perfect marriage image to run for office, Peter's not caring about her when he sleeps around.

There's also the issue that, at minimum, for the sake of his kids who have nothing to do with any of this, he should at least TRY to be discreet. She might not have the right to be angry as a wife, but she has the right to be angry as a mother and a politician.

I don't know about jealous. We didn't see that from her in season 1, when the story about the hookers came out, or in season 3, after she learned about Kalinda. I guess we'll see how they develop the plotline, if it's an emotional affair or not. My guess (not a spoiler) is that they make the whole Peter/Ramona situation as sleazy as possible so the audience won't mind when Alicia cheats on him with Finn.

• Love 1

Well I guess they had the Peter slept with Ramona thing to make you hate Peter again. The nice guy thing was heading over towards him as Alicia was getting mean in her campaign. You could see when Alicia looked at the contents that Oppo box Castro had given Frank Prady that it hurt her to see what looked like Peter and Ramona having an affair. I had figured it was just random pictures to make it look like he slept with her. I had figured that even if Peter hadn't slept with Ramona that the pictures would push her towards Finn. Thought this was cute too, "Zip up your pants, shut your mouth, and stop banging the help." When she went to see Finn, I was surprised he sat on the sofa next to Alicia. I would have thought he would sit on the corner of his desk or something. Maybe he knew she was in want of male companionship? The other 2 lawyers walking by did make them(especially Alicia) have 2nd thoughts about her stopping in.

I see Alicia and her sitting for her commercial, looks like she has defined leg muscles. Could be from her heels. Maybe they should show her exercising at home, or somewhere? We used to see Will at the gym.

They also wonder who Alicia is dating now? If they see her and Finn closer it will raise more questions.

It was nice of Frank Prady to give that Castro oppo box to Alicia. But looking at both PACs commercials, I believe he will keep saying it wasn't his fault but the commercials will slip in more and more bad info. on her.. Then she will retaliate and he will blame her for going there.

Josh Mariner(Charlie from Numb3rs) really was having troubles between Alicia and Marrissa Gold. But I believe him and Melissa will be dating soon.

Dino Democrat and the matching dresses of Alicia and Meredith Prady was funny. Kind of odd commercials though. But did he find out some how what dress Alicia was wearing ahead of making his commercial?

Cary not wanting the Body Guard (Carter Greyson)was typical Cary. I thought actually the guard scared Lemond Bishop. Maybe it was just a surprise? I thought guard looked familiar, he was on King of Queens and NYC22. Kalinda was really worried for him. Dylan Bishop wanting to play with Cary was nice. I knew his dad wouldn't hurt Cary then. "Don't hurt me, and I won't hurt you," said Lemond to Cary. Maybe Bishops message on the tape was to get his cronies ready if it seems Cary is starting to give in and tell what he doesn't want him to?

Bishop talking on the tape about Cary being in the way was interesting. Cary telling the FBI head,Stu Harper, that he didn't want to work with Lana Delaney because she slept with his gf. I thought was mean, but I know Cary was hurt. It was nice that Kalinda got a hold of the tape, and had it checked by Howell to see if it was not spliced. But it had not been. So Cary maybe in real trouble now.

Peter's latest affair seems true to form although not the same kind of emotional betrayal it was back in the day when Alicia really believed in the marriage. I don't think Alicia was hurt or jealous, just angry. They're now in a marriage of political convenience and even knowing the political stakes, Peter can't uphold his end of the deal. But isn't that part of the psychological makeup of how powered people who engage in risky behavior?

I also didn't think Peter sleeping with Ramona made Alicia more sympathetic. To me, it was neutral. Alicia is trying to get some utility out of the marriage in service of her political aspirations. Sometimes, in business, the deals you make work out. Sometimes they don't. Alicia had to know that hitching her political wagon to Peter came with risks. She just calculated the potential benefits outweighed the risks.

• Love 1

The nice guy thing was heading over towards him as Alicia was getting mean in her campaign

The 'nice guy' thing??? Peter's been an asshole from day one. I haven't seen anything but assholery from him. Ever. Guy screws around. The only reason he temporarily stopped was because he got caught and since then he's been waiting for the chance to screw around again. Presto, here it is!

• Love 2

I can't wait till Kalinda leaves the show, so I can go with her. Right now, she's the only reason I watch. It used to be Kalinda, Will and Dianne. Will is dead, Dianne is an afterthought now and Kalinda suffered the most atrocious character assassination ever, in the hands of Julianna Marguilles (who obviously hates her) and the writers. Still, no amount of bad writing will make me dislike her. For me, Kalinda will always be the loyal friend, great detective, mysterious woman and tender person I learned to love in Season 1.

I've always disliked Alicia, but now I completely despise her as a human being. Using Will's death in her campaign? That's a new low, one I thougth she would never reach. I mean, Will loved her. Will is dead. She already betrayed him while he wa alive. How dare she betray his memory now? Does that woman even have a heart? Has she ever loved anyone in her life? It's clear she doesn't care about her kids. I don't think she ever loved Peter - maybe she was in love with his power. And now, she is mad because his affair might hurt her image, but that's it.  With Will, it was all about (very hot) sex. With Cary, it was about getting into his new law firm - and then destroying everything it meant to him. With Kalinda, it was all good when it served her, but then she treated her best friend like trash. Her brother, she couldn't care less. Her mother, she can't stand to be around. Finn is good for laughs and maybe a quickie, but that's all. Really, the only thing she cares about is how people perceive her. Saint Alicia has to be adored by all. Beware of the unfaithful, because they will be punished - and probably killed in the show!

I do hope Cary gets out of this - the actor deserves some closure for his character. Also, Lana - I want her to be OK. As for Kalinda, I hope she goes live in some tropical paradise where she can have all the men and women she wants. After all the writers have done to her character, it's the least they can do.

Edited by maddie965
  • Love 4
I've always disliked Alicia, but now I completely despise her as a human being. Using Will's death in her campaign? That's a new low, one I thougth she would never reach. I mean, Will loved her. Will is dead. She already betrayed him while he wa alive. How dare she betray his memory now? Does that woman even have a heart? Has she ever loved anyone in her life? It's clear she doesn't care about her kids. I don't think she ever loved Peter - maybe she was in love with his power. And now, she is mad because his affair might hurt her image, but that's it.  With Will, it was all about (very hot) sex.

I'm catching up over the winter hiatus, and I just watched this episode.  This may sound callous, but I don't think it's unrealistic to assume that Will's death would be used in Alicia's campaign.  She's the wife of the sitting Governor, and she's running for office.  She worked with Will.  Politicians are going to deal with issues relating to gun violence, and Will's death was a major event.  For Alicia NOT to bring it up would seem strange to me---like ignoring a huge elephant in the room: A partner at your previous law firm was gunned down in a courtroom, you're running for a major political office which is affected by gun violence, and you have no comment about it?  Also, if she's going to use it, I think Will would be the first person to tell her to use it to her advantage.  Will may be dead, but he was no choir boy.  He did plenty of shady things in pursuit of his aims and those of his client.  I LOVED Will as a character, and I miss him, but I honestly don't think he'd have any issues with this.

I also disagree that Will and Alicia were all about hot sex.  I was never a hard-core shipper of those two, but they did have a history (in addition to the hot sex).  I also don't understand the thing about "the kids" either.  Zach and Grace's father was embroiled in a major political scandal.  Peter went to prison.  It has at least been intimated that Zach and Grace's grandfather (Jackie's husband) was a powerful judge.  Zach has now been publicly tied to Nessa's abortion because the persumable assumption is that Zach fathered the child.  Zach and Grace Florrick have been political children practically from birth.  They've seen and experienced A LOT well before whatever Alicia is now doing.  If Alicia is going to be accused of not caring about her kids, that ship sailed YEARS ago (in my opinion), and Peter and (to a lesser extent) Jackie also took turns steering it.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2

No I think Cary *knows* they weren't exclusive, that's why he pressed the point last week. It still stung to hear she wasn't interested in being monogamous, and to have to hear about his impending murder from the woman she was sleeping with while still seeing him. I think it was bratty assy thing to do in the meeting, because I think he's so basically terrified for his life, and let himself invest so completely in their sexual relationship, that he can't see how she is risking her LIFE for him, and also probably just using Lana for the said same. To be fair I don't think that means she isn't "serious" about Lana, or have deep and genuine feelings, but do I think she'd go to mat for Lana, like she has for Cary? NOPE.

Would Kalinda go to mat for Lana? I'd say YES. Just because Lana hasn't been in a situation where her life was at stake doesn't mean Kalinda wouldn't go to mat for her. Kalinda would have gone to mat for Will, Alicia and Diane too if they were in the same situation as Cary was in. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised whatever favor Bishop will ask of Kalinda will have something to do with Lana, and it may put Lana in a danger. We'll see what Kalinda will do then.