Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Sticky Content

I think it's clear that  Alicia made her peace with Peter fooling around long before his stint in jail.  It's hard to believe after nearly two decades of marriage she didn't know his proclivities fairly early into their marriage.

• Love 1

Victor Williams plays Cary's bodyguard in yesterday's episode; meanwhile, he's alsothe detective on yesterday's "The Affair."

The dinosaur ad was pretty awful. I guess people would watch that on the internet but I don't see how that would help.

I think it can help with the four-year-old vote!

As for Peter and Ramona...and  I speak from experience (formerly married to a philanderer for 18+ years), it's possible Peter doesn't even remember if he schtupped Ramona.  Too many women--too much available time.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2

I feel like I'm supposed to feel bad about Peter finally getting laid. I don't. Alicia had her relationship with Will and is now playing with Finn. Peter deserves to get some loving. Sorry Lish, but you don't get to put him on lockdown just because you like the perks of being Illinois' first lady.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 5

I liked this one! I was incredibly tense during Cary’s talk with Bishop – I kept thinking that the bodyguard would shoot Cary.

So help me God, I am kind of into the Cary-Kalinda-Lana triangle. Mostly because all three participants are hot and I am shallow.

“Zip up your pants, shut your mouth, and stop banging the help” – possible tag line for the whole series? :)

I burst out laughing during Cary’s saying that no one says “phone” as opposed to “call” and yelled, “YOU CLEARLY WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION DURING THE FIRST SEASON OF THIS SHOW”. I remember the howls on TWoP as we would make fun of all of them – including Cary – constantly saying “phone” as a verb.

• Love 6

Cary is an idiot and that's all I got.

Well, okay, I would have been okay with Alicia and Finn...if that was the end game but not now.  As for Alicia being indignant about Peter and Ramona.  Eh, lay down with dogs...

Nice of the show to mention Robin.

I'm really not liking this election story-line and as someone else mentioned, it seems as though the election and Cary story-line are going around in one big never-ending loop and it's tedious.

Don't care about Ageny Sexy but I do want Kalinda to at least live to see another day...

Last night's episode was a rerun.  I saw it 34 years ago when it was called "General Hospital".

Ha!  I just saw the Anthony Geary is back on GH from his six-month break.

This show's fall finale is next Sunday.  I hope something is moving plot-wise at the end of that epi.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 3

I think Alicia is well aware of Peter's abundantly established proclivities, but his once-and-future affair with Ramona might still be a new low. Ramona was apparently a family friend back in the day, and it might carry a retroactive sting for Alicia to find out that way. Not to mention the possibility (likelihood?) that Peter hired her with a view to taking up with her again. There is obviously a lot of infidelity water under Peter and Alicia's particular marital bridge, but even so, I'm skeeved out.

I understood Ramona's position to be Counsel to the Governor, rather than Peter's personal attorney, but I could be mistaken.

• Love 3

I loved this episode.  I thought it was hilarious (particularly the mistaken juxtaposition of the black-and-white Will Gardner death courtroom with the Irish jig music, the bad Dino cartoon, the even worse Who's Alicia In Bed With NOW cartoon).  I liked the banter with the video guy.

To me, it seemed quite obvious that Peter has real feelings for Ramona.  Not so real, of course, that he wouldn't cheerfully sell her down the river for the sake of political expedience, but then he's a politician.

I also like the Alicia/Finn pairing.  Emmy, Schmemmy -- I think Juliana Margolies is an EXTREMELY limited actress.  She's PERFECT for this role because Alicia is such a guarded personality.  But among the many things that Margolies does not do well is the simulation of love or human passion.  George Clooney carried a lot of weight in ER!  With Finn, I feel as though I'm watching icebergs mating or something and it's just perfect.  My guess is that we see one more season of TGW -- you can already see it starting to implode -- during which Alicia metamorphoses into someone else's "good wife," Finn's good wife (since he's serious enough to want to marry someone he's having an affair with.)

Kalinda just bores the hell out of me.  Seriously.  Quite a task for the wardrobe department to find a leather jacket that a black hole can fit into!  Yeah, she was an interesting character the first season or two.  She's not now.  I will be happy when she knocks off Bishop and goes to prison, or whatever end the writers have in store for her.

I guess I'm also in a minority for liking Bishop -- he brings such a nuanced menace to what is essentially a cameo.  And, yeah, Matt Czuchry has been doing a fine job in an increasingly thankless part.  He has lost weight.

• Love 5

I get that the Alicia ads were supposed to provide humor to the episode, but they just looked so BAD. Niles' looked like real-life campaign ads; Alicia's looked like something a seventh grader fooling around on the computer would make.

And did anyone else notice the horrible body language from both Peter and Alicia during their joint interview? He was slumping; she was turned away from him like she wanted to be anywhere else. Not out of character, but I kept waiting for Johnny or Krumholtz's character to adjust their positioning, because surely they would have noticed it, too. But no.

I really thought after Cary confronted Bishop and got into the car w/the bodyguard that the bodyguard was going to turn and shoot Cary.  I thought they were going to go w/the bodyguard was part of Bishops crew.  It faked me out, so I don't know if I was the only one.

Yeah, that whole scene was just weird. I thought the body guard's phrasing of "phone" was significant. And what kind of body guard is going to allow Carey to go in there alone?!?

• Love 3

I think Alicia is well aware of Peter's abundantly established proclivities, but his once-and-future affair with Ramona might still be a new low.

Ok, I'm going to forgive this prostitute thing... oh, he also slept with Kalinda. Ok, I'm done and now you can do whatever you want... oh, you were sleeping with a friend of mine when I was pregnant. I'm sorry but Alicia had one "affair" while she and Peter were separated and it was somebody she loved. There's no comparison.

I think it's clear that  Alicia made her peace with Peter fooling around long before his stint in jail

You can't make your peace with something you don't know about. I think it's been made clear Alicia's never made peace with his infidelity because she never had the altercation with him she needed to.

Her turning around and saying that, since she made the retrospectively ill-informed decision to stay with the asshole, that he was going to do something for her in return feels right to me. We can all wish she'd booted his ass in Season 1 but she didn't because he told her the prostitutes were a one-time thing and she believed him and her standing by his side is the reason he's Governor. Learning he's never been faithful to her has to sting. She can divorce him and ruin her nascent political career as well as his or she can demand he pay her back for the shit he's put her through. I thought her "zipper up, mouth shut, stop banging the help" comment was perfect.

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 8

Wish list:

Get rid of Bishop--the actor is great but that plot thread needs to end.

Exit Kalinda, she could do a twofer and eliminate Bishop and disappear. Maybe send a postcard from Bora Bora.

Take FBI lady with her?

End/fix the stupid Cary thing. Get him back into the courtroom.

Derail Alicia's political career in a non-humiliating way. (I'm afraid they'll use those outtakes.)

...which would allow them to get a divorce letting Alicia drink her buckets of wine with Finn who seems nice, and Peter to snuggle with gorgeous Viking lady.

Did I say get everybody back into the damn courtroom? Why the love of soap among so many writers. Stop beating the crap out of your main characters. Can we call this Suits syndrome?

Krumholtz went from wunderkind to alter cocker in record time.

• Love 9

Did I say get everybody back into the damn courtroom?

I think there are only so many amusing court cases a show can do unless it's that ripped from the headlines format.

Which is why I suspect there will be only one more season of TGW.

I agree that the footage of Alicia joking around during the interview is going to be leaked. Why bother with it otherwise? But then again this is the show that set up a juicy plot about Will stealing the Governor's election, ran with it for a year, and then dropped it like it was nothing. So who knows. I kind of hope they don't because it's so obvious. I'm tired to Alicia being made to look bad for spurrious reasons (see also: the rumors she had and affair with Finn). Make her look bad for stuff she's actually done.

I haven't hated Alicia too much this season, but her willingness to exploit Will's death for her political advancement was pretty disgusting.

Is she though? She's resisted bringing up the courthouse shooting every step of the way. Every time her campaign guys (whom I LOVE - best part of the show) want her to do it, she refuses. I hope we see more of that sleazy David Krumholtz guy. And Marisa Gold. The campaign stuff is consistently the most fun part of the show.

On that note, how realistic is it that Prady is going to bring up her affair with Will? He has no proof, and that sort of slut-shaming would tank him with women if he can't produce anything more than that one ancient photo in a hotel lobby. (Where they actually were innocent). Especially given that Will died recently and in such a horrific way.

Same reason I'm sick of Peter's endless affairs. I hope that the relationship with Ramona is real, instead of just getting some. He doesn't have to be in love with her but it would make it more interesting if it was an emotional affair and not just sex. Especially since the show went out of its way to show Ramona as Alicia II - opt-out mom, divorced, talented lawyer people undersetimate until she shows how good she is.

I disagree that Lana is playing Kalinda and working for Bishop. That would mean Kalina isn't a badass ninja always one step ahead of everyone. It would mean she not only got played, but by a guest star. Not going to happen.

Poor Christine Baranski. She's had NOTHING to do since the first episode this season. Is she filming a movie or something?

• Love 5

This thought occurred to me this morning. Maybe Peter and Ramona are Will and Alicia. Maybe he was always in love with her. The parallel was drawn: Will was an "old friend" who hired Alicia when her personal life was in shambles and she needed a job. Ramona is going through (or just went through) a divorce, and Peter hired her when she'd been out of the work force for years.

Great insight! I'm almost mad at myself for not recognizing the obvious parallels. Although, if Peter ultimately ends up with Ramona, it'll make it even more bittersweet that Alicia ending up with Will has been permanently removed as an option.

On that note, as one of the biggest Wilicia shippers there's ever been, I'm just not sold on Filicia. I think JM and MG have a nice friendly dynamic, but there's nothing even close to the palpable chemistry that JM and JC had from day one. And it can't help but seem like Finn's main purpose and fuction is "eventual replacement love interest," as opposed to Will, who occupied an organic space in The Good Wife universe even when not directly involved with Alicia.

Edited by jb1183
  • Love 3

I don't think that Alicia feels betrayed or jealous that Peter might be having another affair as she feels that he is betraying their agreement to be discreet if they step outside the marriage. Her whole campaign is based on her image as the Good Wife. If he is involved with someone else, that ruins her campaign.

In the long run, it might hurt his chances for higher office, which she reminded him. While a divorce in and of itself is no longer a campaign killer, coupled with his history with prostitutes, it could be a real problem. Not to mention he was cheating - again - on the Good Wife.

Also, as for the limited use of Christine Baranski, Mrs. Buckboard suggests that might be due to the loss of her husband in real life, giving her some time to heal. Then again, it could be the producers poor choice of which storylines to emphasize.

• Love 3

I don't think that Alicia feels betrayed or jealous that Peter might be having another affair as she feels that he is betraying their agreement to be discreet if they step outside the marriage. Her whole campaign is based on her image as the Good Wife. If he is involved with someone else, that ruins her campaign.

She was so angry, though. Don't you think that meant it was something more? "Stop banging the help" sounds like it's way more than concern about image. Who knows, though. Maybe I'm just projecting because I think the show would be more interesting if Peter had an affair that wasn't some easy-to-dismiss crazy skank like the prostitute or dirty-hot crazy bisexual Kalinda, or pantyless intern. (From the show's POV, not mine).

I also thought it interesting that the photos of Alicia allegedly having an affair were innocent. She knows that when Finn left her apartment and when she and Will were at that hotel, that it was 100% innocent. Yet when the same photos, taken by the same campaign, show Peter allegedly having an affair she instantly believes it.

• Love 4

There was an odd photo of Peter shirtless on the far side of open blinds. The image makes no sense; what politician/public figure is going to disrobe in front of an uncovered window? But I don't recall Ramona being featured in that picture.

Peter's ability to recover from a divorce would hinge on a variety of factors (especially if further information on Alicia's relationship with Will came to the fore; it's not as if they were discreet themselves, what with making out in a car while people like Patti Nyholm were around), not least of which would be plain old luck. Scott Desjarlais, Mark Sanford, and David Vitter have all lived down scandals. Bill Clinton has been resilient despite more than one allegation of sexual assault. Meanwhile, Anthony Weiner and Elliot Spitzer couldn't make comebacks.

• Love 1

"relieve some stress" with her Hitachi Magic Wand

Girl, please. We all know Alicia's preferred method of releiving stress comes out of a wine bottle...

I have to say, the actor who played Dan Rubin way back when has aged rather nicely.

Someone aging even better? Chris Noth. A very woofalicious 60yo, I must say.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3

At this point I am just tired of the campaign. I know it would be anti-climactic but I kind of want Alicia to just say "it's not worth it" and drop out at some point  (hopefully soon). Even in this episode I was hoping she would have fired her campaign manager for leaking that terrible dinosaur video (are political commercials in the US really that bad?). Plus Alicia's campaign must be spending a ton of money, would someone running for States Attorney in Chicago even have that kind of cash? It has to come from donations right?  

And I really don't understand why she cares that much. I get she wants to win, but does she want to be like Peter and use the office as a stepping stone to something bigger? Because otherwise why campaign so hard and spend so much money?

The Bishop stuff is slightly more interesting, but a good case would have helped make this episode more interesting. 

• Love 2
In the long run, it might hurt his chances for higher office, which she reminded him. While a divorce in and of itself is no longer a campaign killer, coupled with his history with prostitutes, it could be a real problem. Not to mention he was cheating - again - on the Good Wife.

Alicia knew she was right (along with being jealous, which she won't admit), and she, the new politician, shouldn't have to be telling the seasoned one (who's won a few elections) that his screwing around will bring the both of them down. That's the sort of scolding that Eli does, and if he weren't busy in pre-war Berlin, I'm sure he'd be bitching Peter out!

And yes, as pointed out above, the body language of Alicia & Peter at the start of the interview was very telling, whether the election staff knows the whole deal, they could definitely pick up on that. And as soon as the cameras went on, poof, there were Peter & Alicia The Happy Couple again. The question is: do they act the part of loving husband and wife so well because they've had such practice, or does something kick in there that shows some real feeling for each other? 

They've been laying in the subtext that Peter still loves Alicia (in his fashion), though he's clearly using his "I don't care who you fuck" card because, well, why not? And Alicia's reaction resonated because he fucked her over once (literally) when he got caught, and now he's about to fuck them over AGAIN as she's trying to run her own campaign. 

It's messy...but I also think it points to an eventual reconciliation on some level. They can't do without each other politically, or in some weird way, emotionally. It's not at all healthy, but there are plenty of couples out there who stick together for all the wrong reasons. 

(Though, in real life, Eliot Spitzer's wife finally left him a few years after he resigned and he remarried; but Hillary/Bill are hardly going to divorce after all this time, and that's the most direct parallel they've drawn with Alicia/Peter).

• Love 3

The question is: do they act the part of loving husband and wife so well because they've had such practice, or does something kick in there that shows some real feeling for each other? 

I think that was something they have just practiced so many times that they can do it without even thinking about it. I mean I am sure they have told that story about how they met (with the mistakes and the interruptions) 100's of times. I mean Peter has been in politics a long time. At this point it is probably just a script for them. Especially because minutes earlier on that couch she could just barely look at him.

• Love 2
I bet they're gonna make Peter the secret father of Ramona's daughter. It just seems like something they'd do at this point. I also believe Alicia will finally file for divorce in the finale.

Perhaps, but if they had the affair when she was pregnant with Grace, that would make the intern too young to be an intern. 

Also, extremely creepy that she was appeared to be flirting with Peter. 

• Love 1

Another boring episode.

One thing that still eludes me is Chris Noth's appeal. I see nothing about him that is appealing, never have. The character is despicable. Oh, well

Same for Cary, except the character is not despicable. But he is monotone

I am trying to find a reason to keep watching, or a character I care about. I used to like Diane but even her lines have suffered.

Of course, there is Eli, but every time he shows up is with Alicia and the campaign, and this is boring. His daughter more or less made the episode bearable. 

Of course, there is Eli, but every time he shows up is with Alicia and the campaign, and this is boring.

I'm the opposite. I find the campaign to be the most enjoyable part. The Cary-is-arrested plot hasn't had any forward momentum for a few episodes now. Now that he's out on bail, he doesn't seem that worried about going back. The firm isn't worried about losing business or clients. Now there's the threat that Carey will be killed, but it's not working for me. Maybe because over the course of the show, we've seen that Lemond is a meticulous planner who makes extensive use of his lawyers. Not someone who's going to go off half-cocked and kill someone for no reason. He's not going to get spooked by a bodyguard.

And as for the Carey-Kalinda-Lana triangle? Yawn. We don't know anything about Lana and they've deliberately kept Kalinda so mysterious, that we can't tell who feels what or who's double-crossing who. Which means the show can get away with twists and turns just for the sake of it. Which, boring. I want something to happen in that plotline.

Wow, so did Cary sell Lana out for the leaked wire tap?  If so then that's a ballsy move on his part to strike back at both Lana and Kalinda.

When Cary told the FBI guy that Lana was sleeping with his girlfriend before the tape had been leaked.  Cary makes this announcement after hearing the tape for the first time at the FBI office. Later, Kalinda asks for the tape, and Lana basically says no.  Then Lana gives her a copy of the tape. This means that Lana is rather dumb - giving Kalinda a copy of the tape when she knows her boss knows that she and Cary are sleeping with the the same woman.   Kalinda's magic vagine can get FBI agents to sell themselves out.  

• Love 1

When Cary told the FBI guy that Lana was sleeping with his girlfriend before the tape had been leaked.  Cary makes this announcement after hearing the tape for the first time at the FBI office. Later, Kalinda asks for the tape, and Lana basically says no.  Then Lana gives her a copy of the tape. This means that Lana is rather dumb - giving Kalinda a copy of the tape when she knows her boss knows that she and Cary are sleeping with the the same woman.   Kalinda's magic vagine can get FBI agents to sell themselves out.  

Cary also told Lamont Bishop that the FBI had a tape of Bishop threatening him. So he knows, and his new lawyer probably knows. Not sure if they would keep it quiet or tell the FBI to stop doing that kind of thing.

• Love 2

Going back to the previous episode when Castro dropped out of the race and it was hardly mentioned, and now all this with Castro's opposition research box of secrets, I am still mystified why no one has actually asked Alicia why she is still running.  I am even more mystified since Castro's reason for going after Cary was to impact Alicia and her run for SA.  Will Castro continue to gun for Cary, or will he now do what Finn thought, which is to try to get the real bad guy, Bishop?

I liked the scene with Cary and Bishop at his house.  I was tense throughout, and thought both of them played their wariness of each other well without being over the top. 

• Love 1

Going back to the previous episode when Castro dropped out of the race and it was hardly mentioned, and now all this with Castro's opposition research box of secrets, I am still mystified why no one has actually asked Alicia why she is still running.  I am even more mystified since Castro's reason for going after Cary was to impact Alicia and her run for SA.  Will Castro continue to gun for Cary, or will he now do what Finn thought, which is to try to get the real bad guy, Bishop?

Also how is it that Castro's oppo research was so much crappier than what Alicia's people were able to find out? I mean nothing about her brother or her mom, nothing about Zack and his girlfriends abortion and just one picture of Alicia and Will. 

• Love 1

Could they have made it any more obvious with the way that tape was broken up that Bishop was really talking about killing Kalinda (and simply linking her through mentioning Cary at the beginning of whatever he said in those staticky parts).  

So I guess her departure from this show is sooner rather than later.

• Love 2

Yeah, Peter's philandering is not likely to change, and Alicia knows that.

If this was a different kind of show, Ramona would show up dead in an alley next week.

I agree that the footage of Alicia joking around during the interview is going to be leaked. Why bother with it otherwise?...

Especially the either southern or African American dialect she put on with, "...my po' little chilren at home."

They really should've just darkened the dress in the first interview without the floral overlay.

Bishop assuring his young son that he can play the game with Cary later seemed to prove he wouldn't kill Cary.

But then Bishop tells Cary that he can leave without playing the game, that his son will understand (or something).

Sneaky writers.

Could they have made it any more obvious with the way that tape was broken up that Bishop was really talking about killing Kalinda (and simply linking her through mentioning Cary at the beginning of whatever he said in those staticky parts)...

I didn't think that, but it did seem broken up. I was surprised when Kalinda's tech guy said it wasn't "edited." Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

The dinosaur ad was pretty awful. I guess people would watch that on the internet but I don't see how that would help.

I think it can help with the four-year-old vote!

Yeah, but it would likely back-fire. My four-year-old would definitely vote for a dinosaur!

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3

Re: Cary and Kalinda - didn't Cary take someone home to his apartment a few weeks ago? He wants Kalinda not to screw around, but he can? Someone 'splain this to me, please :)

I think it's more he doesn't want Kalinda in a committed relationship that would cut him out.

I bet they're gonna make Peter the secret father of Ramona's daughter.

Is she older or younger than Zach? Intern would normally be later in undergrad, which would make her older so pre-marriage. Alicia was pregnant with Zach when they got married.

Edited by cheyz
  • Love 1

They really should've just darkened the dress in the first interview without the floral overlay.

I was wondering why they didn't just film her in the second dress and then C&P&Photoshop it onto her previous interview/commercial.

Re: Cary and Kalinda - didn't Cary take someone home to his apartment a few weeks ago? He wants Kalinda not to screw around, but he can? Someone 'splain this to me, please :)

No I think Cary *knows* they weren't exclusive, that's why he pressed the point last week. It still stung to hear she wasn't interested in being monogamous, and to have to hear about his impending murder from the woman she was sleeping with while still seeing him. I think it was bratty assy thing to do in the meeting, because I think he's so basically terrified for his life, and let himself invest so completely in their sexual relationship, that he can't see how she is risking her LIFE for him, and also probably just using Lana for the said same. To be fair I don't think that means she isn't "serious" about Lana, or have deep and genuine feelings, but do I think she'd go to mat for Lana, like she has for Cary? NOPE.

• Love 3
I guess I'm also in a minority for liking Bishop -- he brings such a nuanced menace to what is essentially a cameo.

Count me in!   I can't tell if he's a fine actor or I'm enthralled by his wardrobe.  They should start up an Alicia-Lemond romance...he has enough smolder and intrigue for both of them.

And, yeah, Matt Czuchry has been doing a fine job in an increasingly thankless part.  He has lost weight.

I'm with you on all comments, Maximona.  I've wondered for the past few weeks if Czuchry is ill.  He looks thinner and wan.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

I can't wait for next season, when Luke (Cary) and Laura (Kalinda) save the entire world from turning into an ice cube by mad scientist Mikos Cassadine (Louis Canning).

Great post Gregg247!

But I have come to the conclusion after watching Peter and Alicia interact - (Carey and/or Kalinda becoming a corpse, Will's death being used for political advantage, etc...) that The Good Wife's universe is already one giant ice cube.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 1

I didn't think that, but it did seem broken up. I was surprised when Kalinda's tech guy said it wasn't "edited."

That's because nobody edited it, but this is the writers playing cheap tricks with us.  The all too convenient horrible static covers the strategic part of the conversation where Bishop goes into detail.  We hear Cary mentioned, but then there's the static gap where what he means about Cary is inaudible, and then the indication of violence without Cary's name attached to it.

From a viewer standpoint, who knows Kalinda is going bye bye, this seems obvious as pie. Kalinda is the danger to Bishop more than Cary. He knows this.  There's like ten seconds of convo we can't hear.  He's ranting about Cary, then blaming Kalinda for the mess, then ordering her eliminated.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I don't think Peter is pantyless intern's father. First, like others have pointed out, she's likely an undergrad. But the timeline for Peter and Ramona's affair would have been when Alicia was pregnant with Grace, who is 16 or so. And Lauren can't be 16 because that definitely would have been mentioned during Eli's freakout. Unless the affair's been going on for years, beginning from before Peter and Alicia got married (given that Alicia got married when she was pregnant with Zach, and Lauren is older than Zach). Which would be very interesting and change how Peter is written.

One thing's been bugging me about the Cary-Kalinda plot. So, the audience goes in assuming Cary's been set up, and he never said anything actionable to Bishop's crew. Kalina has been doing her Kalinda thing to try and exonerate him, including sleeping with Lana to get inside info, although that wasn't the ONLY reason she slept with her. Then Kalinda starts to develop real feelings for Lana and feels conflicted about spying on her. But then as of this episode, the situation's flipped. Now the system wants to protect Cary. They think he's about to be assassinated. So now Cary and the feds (as represented by Lana) are on the same side. So why is he so hostile to Lana? I get he's mad Kalinda isn't exclusive, but he's about to be killed? He can't put his jealousy aside in favor of not dying? Or are we not supposed to trust the feds? Maybe I don't pay attention to that plotline because nothing's happened in weeks. But am I getting it right?

• Love 1

...So now Cary and the feds (as represented by Lana) are on the same side. So why is he so hostile to Lana? I get he's mad Kalinda isn't exclusive, but he's about to be killed? He can't put his jealousy aside in favor of not dying? Or are we not supposed to trust the feds?...

Well, I don't know if the audience is not supposed to trust the feds (does anyone really trust them?), but clearly Cary did not trust them. He stormed out and then muttered in the elevator that the recording was a hoax. Then Cary waltzed into Bishop's lair/home to prove to Bishop that he didn't believe the Feds.

Reasons for Cary to react that way probably include:

• Lana, his arch rival for Kalinda, is in on it
  • The local law enforcement recently put him in jail in an effort to get him to flip on Bishop (plus for other, political agendas)
  • He's probably got PTSD from his time in jail (although, on TV this rarely happens)
  • He knows Bishop had a couple of snitches wacked recently, which the Feds are not likely to do
  • Love 1
I feel like whatever they are doing with Ramona and Peter it is so they can justify either having Alicia start up with Finn or just leave Peter out right. Because up until now, they have kind of portrayed him as a guy that messed up pretty bad in his marriage, but was trying to make things right with his wife and kids.

I think Ramona is basically a replacement Alicia - she offers Peter all the things he likes about Alicia (developing lawyer chops, classy, articulate, pretty) without Alicia's anger and contempt.  Ramona's got the naivete and gentleness of Alicia 1.0, the woman who ceased to exist after the scandal changed her DNA, but Ramona also has the professional competence of Alicia 2.0 that got Peter jazzed up and alleviated the boredom he'd felt for 1.0.  And Ramona's attitude toward him is rooted in hero-worship instead of Alicia's cold disdain. I think Peter and Alicia are heading for divorce sooner rather than later, after which he'll marry Ramona in short order (and then cheat on her with interns and prostitutes).

• Love 6

How do we know Alicia was pregnant when she and Peter married?

In the season 4 episode where they go to a fancy party and Peter punches Chandler Bing in the face, Veronica takes the kids to a bar and spills that Alicia was pregnant when she and Peter married and she lied about the wedding date.

• Love 2

Alicia's mother generously shared with Zach and Grace that Alicia had been pregnant with him when she and Peter married, and that Alicia fudged the date of the wedding to hide the fact.  I think she also told Grace she was an "accident".  Good times. 

ETA:  Well, Obviously and I posted at the same time, but at least we got our story straight!

Edited by jjj
  • Love 3

I think Ramona is basically a replacement Alicia - she offers Peter all the things he likes about Alicia (developing lawyer chops, classy, articulate, pretty) without Alicia's anger and contempt.  Ramona's got the naivete and gentleness of Alicia 1.0, the woman who ceased to exist after the scandal changed her DNA, but Ramona also has the professional competence of Alicia 2.0 that got Peter jazzed up and alleviated the boredom he'd felt for 1.0.  And Ramona's attitude toward him is rooted in hero-worship instead of Alicia's cold disdain.

Except that apparently Peter first slept with Ramona when Alicia was still Alicia 1.0

• Love 1

Except that apparently Peter first slept with Ramona when Alicia was still Alicia 1.0

I'm thinking the writers decided to throw Peter under the bus to make Alicia more sympathetic (like they throw Elsbeth and various characters like Diane, Kalinda and Cary under the busthis season for Alicia to look more competent and badass). Not sure how does this work, considering Alicia stopped being sympathetic long before the Peter banged Ramona reveal.

• Love 6

I'm thinking the writers decided to throw Peter under the bus to make Alicia more sympathetic (like they throw Elsbeth and various characters like Diane, Kalinda and Cary under the busthis season for Alicia to look more competent and badass). Not sure how does this work, considering Alicia stopped being sympathetic long before the Peter banged Ramona reveal.

Yes,  but unlike those other characters think who Peter is proxying.  Peter was created as a character to be slimy.  The aberration was the show bending and making him seemingly NOT so slimy for a while.  This is kind of a regression to what the character originally was.

• Love 6

In the season 4 episode where they go to a fancy party and Peter punches Chandler Bing in the face,

THAT was possibly my favorite Peter moment ever. It showed two of his prime characteristics: he will not let ANYONE mess with his family; and he will fuck up whoever does, or threatens to. (Like the school headmaster who initially wouldn't accept HIS kids at her school; and the US Senator he essentially blackmailed into getting the wiretaps on Alicia stopped). If Alicia is still under that "protection," and she probably will be, as mother of his kids, he will still go head down and fists swinging to protect her.

• Love 3