Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Contact

PinkRibbons

Agree with everyone that said David just doesn't get it - Victoria is evil, stupid! I got so frustrated watching the Emily-David scenes, Tell your father details - listen to your daughter!

Not sure what the end game with Louise is going to be, I'm getting tired of her crazy.

Also tired of nosy Ben. He has to have an ulterior motive, right?

I hate Victoria and all her "wins". Will someone please crush her like a bug?

• Love 4

I thought when they brought David back from the dead it would be the end of this show for me.  Surprisingly, as implausible it all is, it has breathed some new life into the show for me.  I've never liked Victoria, she is totally delusional that she did everything for her kids, she has a new love of her life every season, and she continues to be evil incarnate in my mind.  I can only hope before the show ends she gets what is coming to her. 

David's devotion seems moronic and I sort of agree with the previous poster who thinks he is not all there and maybe never was. 

I'm so glad that Nolan and Louise were only BFF's for one episode.  And as someone who never really liked Margaux, I now can't wait to see what she and Nolan are going to cook up.  Louise is a psychopath and tried to kill someone.  She gets no sympathy from me.  I can see why she's so obsessed with Victoria.  They are so much alike. 

I'm actually loving the show again.  Sure, it makes no sense, but I think it's fun.

• Love 2

I can't say I agree.  This plot feels like a retread of Emily lying to Daniel about a pregnancy. Been there, done that.

I think if Louise could actually get pregnant by Daniel, he and Victoria would be forced to deal with her.  Since she is nuts it would be interesting to me, but I could see where it might feel a little too much.

I was hoping that David was behind the door and would overheard Daniel talking to Victoria in the hospital.  David needs to find out that not everyone thinks Victoria is so wonderful.  Emily has to tell David to apologize to Nolan and listen to him. 

• Love 3

Am I supposed to feel bad for Victoria when she claimed to Daniel she had no choice about what happened back in the days? I always feel like TPTB want me to see her as a victim in some way, but as said by other posters, this is a woman that had a kid locked in a psych ward, and who smothered a man to death. She isn't a poor lamb who had to deal with unfortunate circumstances, and I really hope she'll bit it in the end. I used to love to hate her, now I just hate her. Sad.

David is beyong annoying, I just want to slap him repeatedly. And, as stated upper, he owes Nolan hell of an apology.

Speaking of which, he really does need a friend. Emily couldn't care less that her father tore Nolan publicly (and never was a good friend, anyway), Jack hasn't been much of a friend lately, and David... I must be one of the few that like Margaux (although I preferred her last season before she broke up with Jack) so I'd like to see them two team up.

Louise is nuts, hence I kinda like her. I agree with LILWHARVEYGAL, the pregancy would really feel like recycling last season's plot.

• Love 2

Damn if Daniel and Emily aren't suddenly hot together.  (I actually liked their Season One chemistry, but it wasn't hot so much as engaging).  But it pisses me off that they still seem to brush past the part where he SHOT HER IN THE FUCKING STOMACH and rendered her unable to have children after leaving her for dead. 

I've always liked their chemistry too and was actually hoping for a Daniel/Emily end-game until that became virtually impossible, what with the little shooting incident and all... Maybe they're hoping we've all forgiven and forgotten that plot line so they can take advantage of the sizzling chemistry. +1 vote for a hate-sex scene.

As for the rest of it, ehh. I do think it's sadly hilarious that Emily has dedicated her whole adult life to avenging her father and all she gets is essentially a shoulder shrug and a brush off so he can go back to Victoria. On the plus side, EVC is getting lots of good mileage out of her hurt puppy-dog "but... but... but wait!" expression.

Edited by ElleBee
  • Love 4

David is such a massive toolbag. I loathe him almost as much as Victoria. At least she’s smart. He’s dumb as a box of hair. Emily van Camp is doing some of her best work, though.

Liked the brief Daniel and Emily scene though. I in no way want them to be a couple (well okay, hatesex is fine) but it’d be fun if they teamed up against Victoria. Their snarky disdain for each other is highly entertaining.

Jack looks so little compared to Ben. Poor Man’s Olivia Wilde was dull.

Loved Nolan’s sad “Why can’t I have a normal friend?”

• Love 1

Aside from the affair with Victoria, I can see why Conrad chose David as a scapegoat: he´s dumber than the seaglass in front of his property. Nolan better get that apology and so much more.

I like Margaux, I think she´s the only female supporting character that has a personality that isn´t entirely based on her crazy, selfish or jealous ways: Ashley, Louise, Charlotte, Emily´s mom... even Amanda had a deranged violent streak before she settled with Jack.

I did not understand how Daniel could possibly be fooled by Louise´s note. It was even handwritten! Wouldn´t he recognize Margaux´s handwriting? She wouldn´t have an assistant or someone at the hotel write something so personal.

Louise is not horrible, but I fail to see her relevancy to the story except as a pawn for Emily/Nolan to keep Victoria busy. But her backstory? I couldn´t care less.

I like Margaux too. I started to really like her when she dated Jack. I thought that they made a cute couple. And while she nearly lost me by getting with that weasel, Daniel, she won me right back by easily figuring out he slept with Louise and then promptly kicked him to the curb. Atta girl. I like that she's a pretty much decent person and look forward to her and Nolan taking down the nut job.

Speaking of Louise, those images were twelve shades of crazy lol I knew Nolan couldn't be hoodwinked by her for so long

Man, I hate David Clarke. I want Emily to Sharpie his ass and fast!

• Love 1

Am I supposed to feel bad for Victoria when she claimed to Daniel she had no choice about what happened back in the days? I always feel like TPTB want me to see her as a victim in some way, but as said by other posters, this is a woman that had a kid locked in a psych ward, and who smothered a man to death. She isn't a poor lamb who had to deal with unfortunate circumstances, and I really hope she'll bit it in the end. I used to love to hate her, now I just hate her. Sad.

Yeah, it does often feel like TPTB want to invoke sympathy for Victoria, I guess to humanize her a little or something. But what has ultimately been clear since the very beginning is that Victoria is pathologically selfish to the core. Any anguish she feels over her role in the David Clarke framing has always been entirely about what she herself lost and not the irreparable damage she caused. Her discovering that Emily is Amanda has only served to strengthen my hatred for her. I thought that it might possibly give new context to her history with Emily, but nope, Victoria still thinks she's the victim. Interestingly enough, the revelation does seem to have reframed some of Daniel's feelings toward Emily, and that dynamic has immediately become the most fascinating one on the show right now.

• Love 3
I like that she's a pretty much decent person and look forward to her and Nolan taking down the nut job.

Maybe I'm just dumb but how does Nolan helping Margaux take down Victoria via Louise help clear Nolan's name??  Is Margaux suppose to go on T.V. and jepordize her career & reputation by saying......what.......Nolan isn't a bad guy, the guy we fought to get the interview with is a jerk?  Nor do I see the reason why Nolan has anger towards Margaux.  It's not like she knew this was going to happen or told David to say this stuff.  The way I see it the only one that can straighten out Nolan's rep is David.

I like Margaux as well.  Not love her (like Nolan) but I guess I can tolerate her which is saying a lot in this cast of douche bags.

Edited by Dirtybubble

Maybe I'm just dumb but how does Nolan helping Margaux take down Victoria via Louise help clear Nolan's name??  Is Margaux suppose to go on T.V. and jepordize her career & reputation by saying......what.......Nolan isn't a bad guy, the guy we fought to get the interview with is a jerk?  The way I see it the only one that can straighten out Nolan's rep is David.

I like Margaux as well.  Not love her (like Nolan) but I guess I can tolerate her which is saying a lot in this cast of douche bags.

I got the impression that Margeaux would let Nolan have a sympathetic interview, sort of a chance for him to tell his side of the story, with softball questions to make him look good.  Or she uses all the media at her disposal to help change the world view of Nolan.  If L'Marchelle (sp) is a media empire, they probably own various magazines, newspapers, blog sites, TV channels.  Given that level of control, she can create good press for Nolan on all of those outlets and help change his image.  Or at least thats how I understood it (although, mostly the sympathetic interview on national TV so he can clear his name).  

In exchange for the interview/media rehab, Margeaux gets Louise's criminal record.

I'm not sure how Nolan is going to lob the Louise grenade at Victoria though.

• Love 2

Ok thanks RealityGal that does make a bit more sense.  I had forgotten that Margeaux isn't just a magazine editor, since her dad died & her brother in jail she has complete control over a media empire. 

I'm not sure how Nolan is going to lob the Louise grenade at Victoria though.

Enh I don't know that either but I'm happy Nolan back on the smart side of things.  I cringed when he told Margeaux that he is a good judge of character and that Louise just wasn't the manipulative loon she made her out to be.  Oh Vey, Nolan--if your exes are any example you are a TERRIBLE judge of character!

• Love 1

I think it's a mistake to minimize Emily/Nolan scenes.  He makes her more likeable, and he's probably the person she loves the most in the world, after David.

I'm surprised by how much I'm hating Victoria.  And it's not a love to hate.  I'm pretty close to fast forwarding her scenes, which will lead to not watching the show.  It helps that Daniel told her he sees through her manipulations.   At this point, I almost don't care how this show ends.  As long as Victoria is dead, in prison, or committed to a psychiatric facility, and disowned by her children, I'll be satisfied.

Ignoring the fact that you don't shock a person who is flat-lining, I wish she had gotten a good shock before she reconnected her EKG.  By the way, it's a rare nurse who doesn't check a pulse to verify lack of heart beat - always look at the patient, then the monitors.  Nursing 101.

• Love 4

Another episode I actually enjoyed. Still not sure it should go beyond this season though.

Of course Emily was lyng to Nolan when she said she was going to drop things. Someone's about to get a hot poker where it doesn't shine, going by the last scene of the episode.

David's annoying me, character wise. Even when he found out that Victoria knew who Emily really was, he still defended her actions?

Victoria surviving was obvious. At least Daniel rejected her though.

Kind of enjoyed Daniel and Emily's brief scene in this episode as well as the Nolan/Louise/Margaux stuff surprisingly enough.

Kate seems okay but I really want to fast forward any scene involving Jack and Ben now. Both are boring me rigid, 7/10

I hate Jack's partner.  They should have never hired such a tall actor - he makes Jack look like a little person.  He seems overly obsessed with David and Emily, please don't let him be Emily's brother!

That would totally suck for Emily.  Charlotte and then Jack's strange partner?  And then David acting like a weirdo?  I would try to avoid family holidays at all costs if I were her.

• Love 2

I was traveling and just watched last night.

Emily never told us that her father was mentally challenged. That's the only thing that could explain his bizarre non-reactions to what Emily is telling him. I think I hate his guts.

What Freedom Act is the FBI agent talking about? The one called the Patriot Act, perhaps? Because I don't think the Freedom of Information Act would be helping her find information, and a proposed Freedom Act that never passed was intended to STOP data collection.

I can't wait for Emily to tell him about how Victoria paid that shrink to screw with tiny Amanda and make her think that David was guilty.

Why can't she just TELL him that in so many words? Victoria has a way of spelling out specifics to support her arguments, but Emily's been pretty vague so far. TELL HIM exactly what Victoria has done to you, girl! Quit being coy, this guy is dense, so you have to hit him over the head with it!

Why did Victoria actually say she knew Emily was really Amanda? To quote Billy Madison, "A simple no would've done."

I was glad she admitted the truth, because she had to know too many other people know she knows, and the truth would come out. Not that I'm on Victoria's side, however. Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 2

Just watched this episode.

I'm surprised by so many things.

I'm surprised that:

- I hate Victoria with a heat of thousand Suns. She is not a victim. She is manipulative, delusional and sociopathic.

- I heart Nolan. "Why can't I have one normal friend?"

- david is a complete tool. Emily deserved a better father after all her sacrifices.

- Daniel and emily... Hawt!! Jack who?

Question: has emily actually killed anyone yet?

Edited by GirlWednesday

That will be gross is Ben is Emily's brother. He tried to ask her out and seems as if he likes her next week. He just seems like a guy trying to make detective and figure the Graysons are his way in.

I normally have no use for Louise, but those photoshopped pictures of her with Victoria made her character's presence more than worth it!  Yeah, David is beyond dumb.  Why is he not now wondering about that conversation he had with the stripper?  If Victoria knew who Amanda was the whole time, wouldn't he know that conversation was more than a little fishy?

On a shallow note...did Madeline Stowe have Bell's Palsy?  Her lips are so crooked & I have a hard time believing she goes to a surgeon who repeatedly botches her injections.

I´ve been speed/binge watching this show for the last few weeks (after dropping it from my watch list in season 1 - I started again on S2). I sort of like it due to how silly and snark worthy it is. Having said that, I hate so many things about the "David is back" storyline, and I feel his character could absolutely be played by a robot. Victoria is an amazing psychopath villain, so I hope I will see her get what she deserves sometime soon. Like so many others here I absolutely love Nolan. I hope he gets a normal friend some day. Jack is pretty cute. I don´t notice bad actors easily but after reading about Charlotte on these forums (I didn´t do that until S4) I am dumbstruck by how bad Crista B. Allen is. Also, her character sucks, so being rid of her made this episode great.