Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Contact

PinkRibbons

I wonder how long he has been keeping tabs on Fauxmanda. The pictures Emily found all looked recent so I wonder if he knew about Amanda being in juvie. I can't wait for Emily to tell him about how Victoria paid that shrink to screw with tiny Amanda and make her think that David was guilty.

I wonder how long he has been keeping tabs on Fauxmanda. The pictures Emily found all looked recent so I wonder if he knew about Amanda being in juvie. I can't wait for Emily to tell him about how Victoria paid that shrink to screw with tiny Amanda and make her think that David was guilty.

With the way they've been writing David as clueless, he'll do exactly as Victoria says and he will relegate Emily's concerns to that of a 9 year old child.

It's going to be Ems trying to "prove" what Victoria did just to win the full support of her father. I hate this.

I hope she still has that video footage of the shrink interacting with her so she can show it to David. Of course since he is under the spell of Victoria's magical vagina, he will tell Emily that Victoria had nothing to do with what that doctor said to her. Victoria is a sweet innocent victim in all of this!

I've seen some photos for the next episode and it shows Nolan and Louise chatting it up at the beach club that Nolan just purchased.  Please for everything that is decent and holy do NOT tell me the writers are setting them up for some sort of relationship!  UGH Nolan can not be that stupid can he? 

• Love 1

I've seen some photos for the next episode and it shows Nolan and Louise chatting it up at the beach club that Nolan just purchased.  Please for everything that is decent and holy do NOT tell me the writers are setting them up for some sort of relationship!  UGH Nolan can not be that stupid can he? 

Is Nolan not gay anymore?

Nolan's been bi since the get-go. He even described himself as "a three on the kinsey scale". Plus he had a relationship with a girl in season two, I think.

Hmm, I've always thought of him as gay, I don't remember him ever being with a female. I thought they wrote him that way so there would never be a chance of him hooking up with Emily.

I completely forgot about Padma.

Her character was so dull to me, I almost forgot her too. She and Nolan never had chemistry, imo. However, Nolan seems to have great chemistry with the males he's been paired with and even those he hasn't been paired with (Jack and yacht club owner).

OMG, Mr. Sheffield retired from Broadway to the Hamptons! I bet the Nanny would put Victoria in her place!

So many tired cliches this week. The sauna lockin,the puddle electrocution, the mama hallucination conversation. I'm hating the Louise story and the clueless David story, which doesn't leave me with much.

• Love 3

Nolan's been bi since the get-go. He even described himself as "a three on the kinsey scale". Plus he had a relationship with a girl in season two, I think.

Hmm, I've always thought of him as gay, I don't remember him ever being with a female. I thought they wrote him that way so there would never be a chance of him hooking up with Emily.

The Nolan-Padma storyline lasted almost the entire Season 2. Nolan fell pretty hard for her.

Nolan also used to hit on Ashley Davenport a little bit back in Season 1. And in Episode 3x07, he told Emily about how PR lady Bizzy Preston ruined Nolan's relationship with his father when she told people he was gay in order to cover up his fling with a married female pop star.

I actually wouldn't mind if a little something happened between Louise and Nolan. It wouldn't last very long since she's crazy, but I think it would be interesting and it would give a little reinforcement to Nolan's "3 on a Kinsey scale."

For us Nemily shippers who are constantly being told we are supporting a lost cause, Nolan's bisexuality is one of the few threads we can cling to. If people think Nolan doesn't have that much chemistry with females, I like to think it's because he's completely hooked on Emily.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2

Okay - this show will have parasailed over the shark if the way they are playing this is that David is really this much of a moron.  I'll stay for his explanation, but if its really going to be him forgiving or believing Victoria, and there are no ulterior motives that involve him crushing Victoria I don't think I can watch.  Yes, it would make it much more complex, but sometimes things don't need to get that complex.  Victoria spent her energy destroying the daughter he claims to care about and yet he is running to her?  Nah.....I'll give him a little more time, but this sort of thing makes my blood pressure go up, and I would rather just not watch.

As for Nolan and Louise, I would just like them to be partners in crime when Emily isn't around.  She doesn't seem to do relationships well.

The promo had me wanting to punch David in his stupid face. Is the whole episode going to be Emily raging at him and him giving her that utterly blank look? Ugh I hate him.

I have extended david every possible excuse and potential credit....but damn does he make it hard.

So Victoria acknowledges that she's known for a while that Emily is Amanda, says Emily is her enemy (implying that she should be David's enemy too) ... and David just tells her to get some rest?!?  Ugh. I did like his WTF?! reaction to Emily using her ninja skills to save him.

Took him long enough to figure out it was Em, not Charlotte as Queen Vic told him, who cleared his name.  He's still dense.  

So much LOVE for Nolan and his lines. I'm amused that he wants to help take down Vic by aiming Crazy Louise right at her. Also, Daniel being intrigued/drawn to Emily's true self really makes me wonder if he's going to have the audacity to try and win her back.  EVC is doing a terrific job with how Emily reacts to the disgusting hold Victoria has over David. 

So much LOVE for Nolan and his lines.

I loved his comment about just wanting a normal friend.  He really deserves one.

Should I know who Emily has locked up and is about to torture?

David seemed a little smarter in this episode, but if he remembers leaving the journals for Emily, shouldn't he remember what was in them? Like everything Victoria did to him and Amanda?  Even Daniel's not dumb enough to excuse Victoria's actions as being about protecting him.  So, why this twisted devotion from David?

• Love 2

Should I know who Emily has locked up and is about to torture?

One of those thugs that attacked David in Victoria's hospital room -- who, by the way, have to be the most incompetent thugs ever. Leaving incriminating photos laying out on the seat of their thugmobile? Idiots.

Yeah, I'm wanting Emily and Daniel to have some hatesex. I feel like it's looming on the horizon. Better him than Jack's very annoying partner. I can't stand that guy, he's so smug and self-entitled.

• Love 3

Oh poor Nolan, he's never gonna have a normal friend. Can Mr. Sheffield come back and be his friend? I do like that Nolan and Margaux are gonna team up to take the crazy Louise and Victoria down.

Jack's partner is still annoying and when is his character gonna get killed off? He's like the 1st person that needs to go now since Charlotte isn't around. The FBI agent sort of looked like a poor man's Olivia Wilde, but I rather have her around than Jack's partner.

David's blank stare at Emily and defending Victoria is also annoying. It would be better if he's playing a long con to take down Victoria and the guy that held him, but it's coming across as dumb!David.

Yet another elephant in the room goes unnoticed.

(Conversation that should have happened)

David: Victoria is not the person you think she is.

Emily: She personally murdered the man I loved and left his corpse on my couch.

David (because he is an idiot): That's part of the war between you two.

Emily: Okee-doke, let's talk about her paying off a child psychologist to torture me into hating you, most likely because she knew I saw her when she stole your laptop. And this happened when I was nine. Hey, wanna see this video of me as a child screaming to be let out of a locked room?

(I like to think that even if those videos were dumped into the sea, that nutbar psychologist probably has them backed up on a cloud somewhere.)

• Love 8

Yeah, I'm wanting Emily and Daniel to have some hatesex. I feel like it's looming on the horizon. Better him than Jack's very annoying partner. I can't stand that guy, he's so smug and self-entitled.

Me too. After the elevator scene last week, I nearly cheered when they had another scene this week. I turned around on that quickly!

I can't stand Jack's partner. Or at least, how he's played. At first I thought he was going to be a bad guy and we weren't supposed to like him, but now that he's pretty concretely just a nosy thorn in their sides digging for the truth I'm not so sure. He seems to be a perfectly good, albeit obnoxious, guy, but he bugs. I also really thought it was him who picked Charlotte up in the bar at first (like, right up until she killed the guy then we cut to a scene with Jack and his Alive Partner) - if they could stop hiring guest stars of the same general build, hair cut, and hair color, it would really help me out.

Maybe Nolan could invite Mr. Sheffield back to be his normal friend? Poor guy. Margo isn't too screwed up; maybe they'll have some fun aiming Louise at V.

• Love 1

David needs to talk to Nolan period. If he won't believe Emily about how horrible Victoria is because he still sees her as a 9 year old little child who has a personal hate of daddy's girlfriend, maybe he'll believe it more coming from Nolan who has been an adult this whole time and no personal ties to Victoria.

And yes I would like to see David apologize to Nolan, too.

Got nothing against Jack getting with the FBI agent. I don't want him with Emily since I never felt any chemistry there.

• Love 2

I feel bad saying this, but I can't stand Courtney Ford, the actress who played Kate the FBI agent. She keeps popping up on shows that I watch and I can't stand her strained voice or the constantly smug look on her face. I'm sure she's a perfectly nice person in real life but I have disliked every character she has ever played so I'm not sure how much of that is the writing/characters and how much of it is her. I am so glad that the FBI investigation is over so that Kate can go away and I don't have to hear her strangled voice or watch her flat acting on this show anymore.

Took him long enough to figure out it was Em, not Charlotte as Queen Vic told him, who cleared his name.  He's still dense.

He is so dumb. Emily flat out told him earlier in this episode, "I CLEARED YOUR NAME!" and then in a later scene he said, "You're the one who cleared my name, aren't you?" When he said that, I was so annoyed. I wanted to smack him upside the head. She already told you that yesterday, dude. Try to keep up!

I'm glad that Nolan found out that Louise is nuts. I have to admit that I laughed at the HILARIOUS pictures Louise had photoshopped of her and Victoria. The one in front of the Eiffel Tower slayed me.

Daniel still annoys me but at least he isn't having any more of Victoria's bull crap. It's about freaking time.

I don't like Victoria (and not in a "love to hate her kind of way either") but when she pulled out the cord from her monitor to fake flatlining, I laughed. I loved watching her and Emily give each other the evil eye. I can't believe she admitted that she knew Emily was Amanda and David was like, "Mmmmm, okay, sweet dreams!" Seriously, dude? She deliberately kept you from your daughter and that's the extent of your reaction?

I am glad that David finally knows that Emily is Amanda but I hate that they went the traditionally lame tv route and didn't have her just tell him some of the major reasons why she hates Victoria (like the ones listed by PinkRibbons). Just telling him that she was locked up and turned against him on Victoria's orders or that she murdered Aiden would have been a good start. I wish she had also mentioned that Nolan gave her every penny that David left for her and told him that he owes Nolan a huge public apology.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I wish she had also mentioned that Nolan gave her every penny that David left for her and told him that he owes Nolan a huge public apology.

Unfortunately, David can't apologize publicly because it would reveal that Amanda is really alive and put her in danger with the Conrad-rival. But I definitely want at least a private apology scene between David and Nolan.

• Love 1

Why is David Clarke so stupid? He makes me want to scream. Victoria basically asked you to kill Emily Thorne knowing that she was really your daughter Amanda, how can you continue to be on her side? She. Wanted. You. To. Kill. Your. Own. Daughter.

Jack's partner is still annoying and when is his character gonna get killed off? He's like the 1st person that needs to go now since Charlotte isn't around. 

And he's just as useless as Charlotte, was is the point of him being on the show?

• Love 7

He is so dumb. Emily flat out told him earlier in this episode, "I CLEARED YOUR NAME!" and then in a later scene he said, "You're the one who cleared my name, aren't you?" When he said that, I was so annoyed. I wanted to smack him upside the head. She already told you that yesterday, dude. Try to keep up!

I somehow had the impression from the flashbacks that he was too trusting and mixed up with the wrong company, but, you know, not dumb. I guess a lot of years possibly held captive in isolation do plenty of damage, but it really bugs.

I can't believe she admitted that she knew Emily was Amanda and David was like, "Mmmmm, okay, sweet dreams!" Seriously, dude? She deliberately kept you from your daughter and that's the extent of your reaction?

Well, she also tried to get him to kill or otherwise harm his own daughter, so there's also that. Hoping he can put that little gem together.

He needs to MASSIVELY grovel to Nolan, but not sure how he can do it publicly now. Hopefully Margo can salvage his reputation some other way in exchange for his tech skills.

On the upside, a public breech makes Nolan safer than if that televised interview had really stayed all, "here's the son I never had!"

• Love 1

I love Nolan, but he continues to have terrible instincts regarding people.  At least this time he found out that his new friend was a psycho stalker within the same episode.  Seriously Nolan, I know she was nice to you in a single conversation but when fucking Margeaux is prepared to play nice with you to catch a psycho, at least look into it.

Add me to the list of people who a) think David is seriously cognitively deficient and b) had better apologize profusely to Nolan ASAP.

I cannot stand Jack's partner whose name I refuse to learn.  On the one hand, it's nice that there the writers have acknowledged that some people are basically normal humans who are not engaging in Machiavellian schemes and are just asshats.  On the other, he's an asshat and not very interesting.

Damn if Daniel and Emily aren't suddenly hot together.  (I actually liked their Season One chemistry, but it wasn't hot so much as engaging).  But it pisses me off that they still seem to brush past the part where he SHOT HER IN THE FUCKING STOMACH and rendered her unable to have children after leaving her for dead. 

• Love 4
I wish she had also mentioned that Nolan gave her every penny that David left for her and told him that he owes Nolan a huge public apology.

Unfortunately, David can't apologize publicly because it would reveal that Amanda is really alive and put her in danger with the Conrad-rival. But I definitely want at least a private apology scene between David and Nolan.

I think David could find a way to publicly apologize without bringing Emily's real identity into it. He could just say that he jumped to conclusions when he accused Nolan on tv and that Nolan wanted to respect Fauxmanda's privacy by not revealing on television the details of what she had done with the money. Then David could say that Nolan offered all of his financial records to him so that he could see he gave Amanda all the money David left for her, which a forensic accountant confirmed, and that he was sorry for confronting Nolan on live tv without all the facts.

• Love 7

I don't know, Louise is so loopy and nuts that I can't fully hate her.  Maybe its because there is a part of me that finds Margeaux annoying.  The pictures on her IPAD were so awful and pathetic they were just sad.  Seriously, was anyone going to ever see the cover picture on her IPAD and think that was okay?  And all the heads are super big in comparison to the bodies.  I didn't notice the LaMarchalle stationary, but if she was really wanting to fool him, why the xo's and not Margeaux's name?  Not even a scrawled M.  And how did he think Margeaux was going to forgive him like 5 hours after she found out he lied?  Forgive him enough to want to have sex?  So she seemed truly surprised and saddened that Daniel rejected her (even though she only wants to get a baby Grayson). 

I do think Louise getting a baby Grayson would be interesting.  

And Louise seems so natural and kind to Nolan.  I know, I know, she is crazy and she is giving me all sorts of Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female realness.  I just can't hate her yet.

• Love 1
And Louise seems so natural and kind to Nolan.  I know, I know, she is crazy and she is giving me all sorts of Jennifer Jason Leigh in Single White Female realness.  I just can't hate her yet.

I can't hate her yet either.  Lately, she's been a better friend to Nolan than Amanda.

• Love 4

To be fair, Emily has set the bar pretty low so it doesn't take much effort to be a better friend to Nolan than she is.

But I agree - between hallucinating her mother and her obsession with the Grayson family, Louise might be a nutjob but she has been nothing but kind and supportive to Nolan so far. I mean, it's early but still.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I just wish this show would go away.  I like it best when it is campy and on the edge of your seat at the same time.  I hate it when it goes "dark", such as with Emily and her torture room.  It just ruins the show for me.  

I just hate that we had this premise that Emily did all of what she did for her father, and now he stupidly keeps hanging onto Victoria, when he clearly has to know she had a part in his downfall.  I can understand to a point that Emily could have misinterpreted his intentions.  HOWEVER, how can he not see what a rough life she must have had, thus causing her to be angry at those that took him down, or at least forever being a bit messed up in the head.  He left her as a little girl, and she had to deal with all of this with very little help.  That alone should help him gravitate to her as her father. 

It just feels like a waste of time to have him be such an idiot.  It makes Emily look like a rocket scientist in comparison.  And yes, he does owe Nolan an apology.  

• Love 2

Yet another elephant in the room goes unnoticed.

(Conversation that should have happened)

David: Victoria is not the person you think she is.

Emily: She personally murdered the man I loved and left his corpse on my couch.

David (because he is an idiot): That's part of the war between you two.

Emily: Okee-doke, let's talk about her paying off a child psychologist to torture me into hating you, most likely because she knew I saw her when she stole your laptop. And this happened when I was nine. Hey, wanna see this video of me as a child screaming to be let out of a locked room?

(I like to think that even if those videos were dumped into the sea, that nutbar psychologist probably has them backed up on a cloud somewhere.)

Emily still has at least one of those videos left (not sure if that is a continuity error on the writers' part since she tossed her laptop of evidence in the ocean).

After Vic left Aiden's corpse on Emily's couch, Emily confronted Michelle Banks in her office with a laptop. Emily showed Dr. Banks one of the videos of little Amanda locked in the room screaming.

That is what Emily used to compel Dr. Banks to assist in having Vic involuntarily committed in the mental hospital.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 3

Why oh why is this show devolving back into the conspiracy rubbish that it clawed it's way out of a mere season ago? Conrad had an evil business rival who enslaved David and is trying to kill him? What reason for him doing so could the writers possibly come up with that isn't ridiculous or one-dimensional?

There is a very high chance that this season could be the last one for this show- is this really how the writers want to go out? With an Initiative 2.0 (actually this plot arc is making The Initiative look pretty decent)? Haven't the writers learned by now that introducing vast conspiracies is not a viable way to extend the series? If they want a Season 5 this bad then reboot with a new protagonist or have Emily avenge someone else. Don't pull this stuff when you've just won your audience back.

It's frustrating because Revenge can do better than this. Give Victoria a few allies, take away a few of Emily's allies, even the power balance and bam- you're fast-tracked to a series finale. It's that easy.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 1

I'm so glad Nolan was too smart to fall for Loony Toons' mess.  Very happy he saw those hilariously photoshopped pics and realized something was up.

Still really hate Victoria and need for her to stop being omnipotent.  It's just annoying.  Somehow they've turned this character in to the absolute worst, which is a shame, because I used to really like her.  But somehow, I think I like Daniel again? 

David is a dummy.  I think he always been, and Emily just didn't realize it before because she was a child. 

I was screaming (in my head) during that scene for her to tell David something more than "She's so mean!"  Mentioning that Victoria put her away would have been a great start.  I liked this show better when I had to suspend disbelief because of how awesome Emily was, instead of because of how stupid everyone is. 

• Love 2

Emily still has at least one of those videos left (not sure if that is a continuity error on the writers' part since she tossed her laptop of evidence in the ocean).

After Vic left Aiden's corpse on Emily's couch, Emily confronted Michelle Banks in her office with a laptop. Emily showed Dr. Banks one of the videos of little Amanda locked in the room screaming.

That is what Emily used to compel Dr. Banks to assist in having Vic involuntarily committed in the mental hospital.

Well good! I'm really starting to think she should write David an email (including all appropriate attachments and links) titled "Why Victoria Grayson is an Awful Human Being". It could detail every horrible thing that's transpired, and why Emily pursued the path she did. As it is these snatches of conversations she keeps getting obviously aren't being helpful at all because not much actually relevant is being said.

I suppose it's a security risk but seriously, if that email got out I doubt it would be Emily who came out looking worst.

Oh, also? Here's an easy fix for the Nolan-supposed-theft drama that wouldn't expose Emily: Have David release a statement saying that he's learned that his daughter, who did in fact receive all the money due her, considered it blood money and donated it all anonymously to several hundred different charities. Emily did come out of juvie believing that David was a monster, after all. I don't even remember if David mentioned on camera the diaries that went to Amanda either, and if he didn't, that helps the case even more. Nolan comes out smelling like a rose because his refusal to explain on live ambush TV could be chalked up to his wanting to honor the late Amanda's wishes for anonymity and not wanting to hurt David's feelings by telling him how his daughter supposedly felt about him. Ta~Dah! Everything fixed.

• Love 3

Emily's response to David's self-righteous hypocritical "I told you to forgive" was awesome.  "You left a journal detailing everyone that ruined our lives!  What did you think I was going to do?!"  We've all been asking that for years.

Unfortunately, I'm not even remotely interested in this show anymore to see if she's going to get through to her dipshit of a father.  Again, they should have let David Clarke  be dead.

• Love 4