Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Smash The Mirror Pt 1 / S04.E09: Smash The Mirror Pt 2

• Start Topic

On 2/10/2019 at 3:34 PM, Camera One said:

These last two episodes reminded me how annoying it is that the heroes are constantly running to Rumple for help. 

And how even Belle acts surprised when he's willing to help. She's going to him and begging, and then there's the moment of wondering what he's going to ask in return, and then Belle seems surprised when he smiles and agrees to help (though I think this was in the previous episode). You'd think that would give her pause, that she goes to her husband for help with something affecting the whole town, that he has the knowledge and power to do something about, and she's not ever entirely sure that he will help or that he'll help without demanding some form of payment, and then she's relieved and surprised when he does agree to help (and should probably be suspicious when he smiles and offers to help). Regina may be a bitch, but most of the time post season 2 (and even during parts of season 2), she generally steps up and helps (as long as she's not sulking because her boyfriend went back to his wife) when she's needed.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

And how even Belle acts surprised when he's willing to help. She's going to him and begging, and then there's the moment of wondering what he's going to ask in return, and then Belle seems surprised when he smiles and agrees to help (though I think this was in the previous episode). 

This definitely struck me when I was rewatching "Snow Queen".  I guess she gets no special treatment from Wumple.

• Love 1

Regina: "You know what I regret the most?"

David: "The countless innocent lives you destroyed?"

Regina:"..."

No David, you arent allowed to act like a real person anymore, you gotta push those feelings back down again! Push it down, and be best friends with the woman who ruined your life, and accept your wife dedicating your life to cheerleading the woman who almost killed you both and manipulated you into having sex with a woman who you didnt want to sleep with, and made you feel like you were an asshole for wanting to be with his actual wife! Push it down. and take out your frustration on Hook again! Besides, you know Regina gives zero fucks about them, and soon, neither will you. Let the madness seep in, it just makes things easier. 

God the crypt sex is so cringy, and its even worse now than the first time I saw it. Especially as Regina is whining about how she is so totally cursed to be the villain because of the mean old author is taking away her happiness despite how awesome she is, while she is fucking a married man whos wife is in a coma after she already tried to kill her in the crypt filled with the hearts of her victims! Its so awful, and I just cant take it, this plot is freaking disgusting, and its amazing how much these people bend over backwards for this selfish person. And Robin isnt better anymore, constantly going on about code this and honor that, while he gives zero fucks about his poor wife. 

There were a few good lines I admit it. Robin being confused by why a cat would need a hat, and Regina and the "you get a quarter from the hope commission, dont you?" lines were funny. See, I was nice to Robin and Regina, do I get a reward from the universe now? 

I honestly forgot how exactly the Anna and Elsa stuff went down in flashbacks, so I did actually think for a second that Elsa believed Ingrid over her sister who she has known and loved her whole life, and was thrilled to realize she was playing along. I almost forgot, this is the part of the show overseen by Team Disney, who actually understand character and story structure, and not the normal hack squad from this show. I am just so used to characters in this show making stupid choices and jumping to ridiculous conclusions, that I forgot that I might be dealing with competency! 

I know that Rumples hat is really a magic trapper thing, but everyone being all afraid of a hat, without any even wink of humor or irony, is just hilarious at this point to me. "He has the hat! I will never let you use that hat!" It sounds like Rumple is just wearing a tacky accessory that everyone hates. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Regina: "You know what I regret the most?"

David: "The countless innocent lives you destroyed?"

Regina:"..."

LOL.  Lines like that *seem* to suggest that the Writers understood Regina ruined people's lives.  But in the same episode, they have her victims giving her pep talks.  These mixed signals make the show a convoluted mess.

• Love 4