Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Smash The Mirror Pt 1 / S04.E09: Smash The Mirror Pt 2

• Start Topic

When the Snow Queen tries to pit Elsa and Anna against each other, it proves more difficult than she anticipated. Emma’s powers are out of control and her fear of hurting loved ones pushes her away from everyone she cares about. Regina struggles with her plan to find the author of the storybook until her quest takes an unexpected turn. Robin Hood recruits Will Scarlet to assist him on a mission. Mary Margaret and David search for Emma.

• Love 2

Why is this show so frustrating and awesome at the same time?

Everything Elsa and Emma?Awesome

Regina speaking sense while Snow is forced to prop her once again? Frustrating.

Rumple being 100% an asshole? Awesome.

Then there's my poor Hook, but oh I love the angst.

• Love 12

Random observations while watching:

Ew ew ew ew, icky gross mausoleum sex? Ugh. Regina and Robin sneaking around is bad enough, but a mausoleum?  That's incredibly skeevy no matter what couple it is, but them?  Ew squared, cubed, to the infinite power.

Also, why do they get to have sexytimes before Hook and Emma?

Oh, my poor sweet Hook coming clean on the phone... :(

"The countless innocent lives you destroyed?" Oh, Charming...

Convenient that the flying locate-y scarf is precise enough that it can lead Elsa safely over a teeny narrow footbridge instead of going as the crow flies and taking her through water and woods.

La la la... *ignoring all the book/hero/villain nonsense with Regina/Snow/Henry/Robin/Will*  la la la...

"Why would a cat want a hat?" Hee. Ok, Robin's delivery of that line redeemed him ever so slightly.

How does Elsa's freezing of locks make them open? Any frozen lock (car doors, anyone?) that I've ever come across is hella hard to open...

Goddamnit, Rumple. Leave Hook and his heart alone for fucks sake.

Puppet Hook shoving the hat box thing in his coat was possibly even less subtle than baby Emma sticking the pop tarts in hers...

I've been wondering this all episode, but now it really looks like it - is Ingrid barefoot? Why?

That's just mean taking last season's happy ending soundtrack music and playing it now, when Hook has no heart and Snow Queen is still batshit crazy.  Boo.

• Love 6

I feel like I should gush over the awesome things in this episode.

But I can't get past how much I hate Snow and her preoccupation with Regina's love life over finding her daughter.  I'm really just done with Snow.  I think its time to stop watching live and FF anything with Snow, Regina, and Robin.

• Love 11

This episode was weird. Some parts were just awesome, then others made me want to stop watching the show entirely. I was reminded what I loved and hated the most.

Pros:

* The Snow Queen is kicking butt. Like, I actually want her to win.

* Rumple's scenes with Hook were delightfully villainous.

* This episode made some interesting milestones in Regina's redemption.

* Elsa/Emma is amazing.

* Henry got blasted with magic. Can we get a replay in slo-mo? Please?
* X-men reference!

* 1980s door. Love it.

* I'm so intrigued by the identity of the Sorcerer now!

Cons:
* Adulterous double crypt sex. It's like the devil himself wrote that in.

* I never want to see Robin Hood in a tank top again.

* Henry running away and being his annoying self again.

* I'm so tired of Rumple having Hook under this finger. It's irritating.

* So... Regina committing adultery with Robin is a step toward her redemption? Seriously?
* The Page 23 on the book was confusing. I just don't get that.

* This episode was slow, especially in the first hour. How long does it take Emma to walk through a flipping door?

* The episode format was confusing and lacked solidity.

* How the heck was the Snow Queen able to use her mirror if the urn magic trapped her...?!

* They're making Will look like an idiot, and I don't like it.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8

But I can't get past how much I hate Snow and her preoccupation with Regina's love life over finding her daughter. 

The "what were you saying [about your love life] before we were interrupted [because of my missing daughter and her desire to give up a part of herself]?" Really, really got on my nerves.

• Love 13

I have questions! 

What's up with Gold? Have we heard before he has a plan to free himself from the dagger? Why did the Snow Queen seem surprised that Elsa was in the urn? Did Robin Hood really find that page in his bag? What the hell is with all these dysfunctional families from past present & sideways?! 

• Love 1

While this show was good for Emma, it sucked balls for Hook.  His secret is almost out, but not quite.  Then he gets his heart taken and he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Rumple is vile, absolutely vile but he is true to who he is and the way he spoke to Emma, those were really all kinds of awesome scenes.  Great acting, great delivery, but Rumple still just sucks.

DQ still awesome.

Snow on Regina propping duties just makes me wanna scream.  Wish she showed as much interest in her daughter's life.

I hate Robin.   Not a second thought spared to the frozen wife?  Always good!  He's such a prince!

• Love 15

I've been wondering this all episode, but now it really looks like it - is Ingrid barefoot? Why?

Because the actress playing the Snow Queen asked if she could be barefoot so that most of the time she wouldn't have to wear the six inch heels they wanted her to wear.

You know, I get the wanting to reach out to Emma, but why does everyone think it’s okay to ignore her when she asks people to keep their distance?

So, does this mean Regina regrets Henry, now?  Because she couldn’t regret her evil because it meant regretting Henry.  Now, she regrets not choosing to go meet Robin and choosing to do those things.  Since by her own admission Regina is unable to feel both regret and gratefulness at the same time, doesn’t that mean she regrets Henry?  Those must’ve been really satisfying tacos.

Huh.  They actually had Regina reference something she did to Henry, in the same episode they had Emma hurt Henry.  It was like I was watching a completely strange show I’ve never seen before.

Cons:

* Adulterous double crypt sex. It's like the devil himself wrote that in.

* So... Regina committing adultery with Robin is a step toward her redemption? Seriously?

* The Page 23 on the book was confusing. I just don't get that.

I don’t even know where to start with the Regina/Snow conversation, or the adulterous crypt sex near his wife's heart and Regina's father's body, followed by a request to go back to breakfast at his camp, where his frozen wife is.

Why is all that a good thing?  Huh?

• Love 6

I have questions! 

What's up with Gold? Have we heard before he has a plan to free himself from the dagger? Why did the Snow Queen seem surprised that Elsa was in the urn? Did Robin Hood really find that page in his bag? What the hell is with all these dysfunctional families from past present & sideways?! 

I think she was absolutely shocked that it didn't work, that Elsa didn't shove out Anna, that she did not defend herself.

• Love 2

Storybrooke really must be magic. Look how much pregnancy weight Snow lost in a couple of hours (and just to be clear, Goodwin is beautiful either way, being a mother really does make her glow -- it's just very noticeable).

So, who exactly is this Sorcerer going to end up being? It seems he's even much more powerful than Rumple, as he has no problem creating a door to our world.

• Love 3

God this episode felt long. Maybe because I knew going in that it was originally just an hour but… it felt long. I can’t help but think they should have saved the extra episode order for a genuine two-parter down the road.

Liked:

• Robin’s biceps. I don’t necessarily like the circumstances under which we saw them, but I like that we saw them.
  • “Talking phone”
  • “Why would a cat need a hat?”
  • Regina actually acknowledging and expressing regret for her gaslighting of Henry. Better late than never.
  • The Frozen cast, including and especially Elizabeth Mitchell, continue to kill it.
  • Emma and Elsa, Rumple and Hook, and Rumple and DQ are all great pairings. 
  • I feel like DQ will really rock some 80s New York fashions.

Do not want:

• CRYPT SEX.
  • What is Belle doing in that library all day (until 10 pm, apparently) if not organizing those books by Dewey Decimal Classification? She sure isn’t busy paying any attention to what her husband is doing. Not that I’m complaining.
  • Who is looking after Roland?
  • Who is looking after Baby Neal?
  • Ugh, this thing with Hook’s heart is the lips all over again. I'm glad it means more Hook and Rumple, but the unnecessary angst is tiresome. 
  • Surely Hook's heart should have been a little blacker than that?
  • Snow and Charming being dumbasses.
  • Emma trusting Rumple.
  • Love 5

Regina?  His wife is still alive.  Robin?  Your wife is still alive.  Getting it on in a mausoleum is wrong on so many levels.

Oh Hookie.  You confess to it all and you literally got your heart in someone else's hands. 

Since I kind of zoned out about Anna about a few episodes ago, have Elsa and Emma to be sisters and I'll watch this and be interested.  

• Love 2

Oh my God, not only is the Sorcerer almost certainly the book's author, Peter Pan got the scroll with Henry's face on it from him just like Ingrid got the scroll with Emma's name on it from him. It just makes too much sense!

• Love 18

Its Once does Terminator.  There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

I get that, and that's what I've believed this whole time, but... why did the page appear? And why would Regina be passionately kissing Robin on the night she met him at the tavern? How does all that apply to the author stuff? It was so contrived and weird just to make a point that Regina can "change" for the "better". (Which includes sleeping with men whose wife is in peril.)

23. Lost number. That's all I could squee at.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
Why is this show so frustrating and awesome at the same time?

WORD.

On the one hand I love what they are doing with the Snow Queen and her creepy fixation on Emma and Elsa as replacements. That being said, as much as I love Emma, seriously?? More of that "heart of the truest believer" nonsense regarding her being the chosen sister all those years ago. Is it because she's the savior, the product of true love? I like that Emma is a magic user, but it's annoying she has to be this super powerful sorceress in the making all of a sudden. Liked it better when that was just a facet of her character. Though, the Emma and Elsa stuff was beyond perfect, so I guess it does have its advantages. 

Also, what the eff regarding the book page Robin found? Is the book itself/whoever orchestrated it (if we must go down this route *sigh*) annoyed enough with Regina that it's throwing her a bone? Not you too, book! 

"The countless innocent lives you destroyed?" Oh, Charming...

So much love for this!

Edited by Beezel
  • Love 7

Guys. I really, really don't want the Frozen gang to go when this arc is over. There better be some kind of portal/door/window to Arendelle from Storybrooke when all is said and done because Elsa/Emma is my new favorite thing and they may have made me cry. And Anna is still delightful and Kristoff is still amusing as all get-out and they have to get unfrozen at some point, yes?? And do we really have to send them back to Arendelle? Can't we just keep them? Please?

How much did I love Elsa overhearing Snow and Charming talking about letting Emma give up her magic, promptly deciding, "F that noise," and going out and getting shit done. Damn straight, Elsa!

And Emma. Oh, I hurt for her all throughout this episode but her fireworks at the end made me grin like an idiot.

(For the purposes of maintaining my squee, I am ignoring all footage/recollection of Outlaw Queen, Operation Mongoose, and Regina ... except for that part where Regina was all, "WTF is wrong with you two?!" to Snow and Charming re: Emma giving up her magic. Because that part was kind of awesome.)

• Love 16

Outlaw Queen is vile. I can't even with that whole sex scene. Fans really found that hot?

Snow. Nope. Still do not like.

Poor Hook. I'm really tired of him losing to Rumple though.

Emma and Elsa is everything.

How much did I love Elsa overhearing Snow and Charming talking about letting Emma give up her magic, promptly deciding, "F that noise," and going out and getting shit done. Damn straight, Elsa!

And Emma. Oh, I hurt for her all throughout this episode but her fireworks at the end made me grin like an idiot.

How I love seeing Emma smile. If it wasn't for wanting to see her happiness I'd be done with this show.

I started clapping when Elsa took action.

Edited by Emma
  • Love 7

As a CaptainSwan fan, this episode was really frustrating. Hook pouring his heart out to a voice message Emma will never hear was just all sorts of angsty frustration. At least we got another awesome kiss, but just having them kiss can't make up for all the other development i want them to have. I like that Hook's heart was very red, and he still seemed completely in love with Emma without it. I like Emma and Elsa together, and Emma's face after making the fireworks was really cute. I was trying to figure out the significance of them playing the theme song from the end of last season's finale though.

I have no idea what that page from the book magically appearing means, but it's interesting.

• Love 4

Loved everything with Emma and Elsa. Can Elsa stick around after 4A?

It doesn't matter how Emma gets rid of her magic, Charming? Say what? The method is as important as the result, Charming.

Regina: "You know what I regret the most?"

Charming: "The countless innocent lives you destroyed?"

Me: "Oh, snap!"

Regina and Robin have sex in the Vault of Evil. While his wife remains frozen. The wife Regina killed in the original timeline. The wife Robin said he'd walk through fire for. The wife whose heart is being stored in the Vault of Evil until she can be cured. The words "absolutely horrifying and disgusting" don't even begin to cover how awful this storyline is.

Dear Snow: Stop propping Regina and focus your attention on your damn daughter.

What the hell did Emma hit with her car to make her pass out? She woke up like a minute later and the car was fine.

• Love 12

Regina?  His wife is still alive.  Robin?  Your wife is still alive.  Getting it on in a mausoleum is wrong on so many levels.

Yes.  I'd also like to point out that in the conversation with Mary "I had sex with  a married man, too" Margaret--was that awesome?  No.  But, seriously?  The married man you had sex with was married to you.  The only reason you didn't know that is because of the person you're encouraging to cheat, who married your husband off to someone else, who he had sex with, against his own natural personality/desires.

Maybe, since Regina's beau is married to someone else--not Regina--and, well, all the "Regina killed his wife, creepy tomb sex, cursed wife . . . " maybe it's not quite the same thing.

Maybe, care more about your missing daughter than Regina's self-inflicted romantic angst and delusional inability to accept that if you kill people, they may not like you?

Edited by Mari
  • Love 9

Because the cold never bothered her anyway?  Sorry, couldn't resist.  I've been noticing this for a while now.  At first I thought she was just wearing sandals, but in this episode she really did appear to be barefoot.  Interesting riding outfit she had, too.  They really must be trying to keep us from missing the Boob (Blue) Fairy.

Something about the Sorcerer's Apprentice seemed kind of shifty to me.  I almost expected it to turn out to be Rumple in disguise or something.

Not looking forward to seeing more of tortured/heartless Hook.  This really sucks.  As does the mausoleum sex and the fact that this episode (episodes?) was very heavy on the Woegina.

• Love 6

Snow is freaking ADD...WTH? Look for your daughter. There will be time to gossip about boys over drinks later. Plus...did it occur to her that maybe they might need Regina. Whatever Emma was going to do could have required Regina (who has magic) to fix. But whatever...

Um . . . haven't you realized?  Regina's happiness is always, always more important to Snow than Emma.  Always.  Sorry. She's actually spent time with Regina;  Emma's just her ex-roommate/daughter person.  Regina helped raise her.  Way more important.

• Love 7

Ditto. Also thought for a bit that angsty Anna was Ingrid in disguise as well.

I thought Elsa was Ingrid the entire time they hunted for the urn.  I'll add to that Snow Queen is totally setting him up by revealing that he needs the heart of someone who knew him before to cast the spell.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

So that was actually better than I was expecting, and just reinforces a) that this show is so screwed when Frozen is over because it’s the best thing the show is doing right now and b) they made a mistake by sidelining Elsa for like 5 episodes, because she was all sorts of awesome tonight. That said, tonight did have problems, pacing being one of them. Everything was urgent all night...except when it wasn't, and they could all go on foot/stop to talk about boys.

Things I really liked:
-FINALLY people got to drop some truth bombs on Regina! I actually cheered out loud when Regina said “You know what my biggest regret is?” and David snapped “The countless innocent people you murdered??” (And I love that that’s NOT Regina’s biggest regret. Ugh. Which is not to say that her gaslighting of Henry wasn't awful, but priorities, jfc.) And Snow getting to drop some truth bombs about Regina about her self-pity and living in the past was marvelous, even if Snow as Regina Propper #1 still grates. And what's with the retconning of Snow as the Evilest Kid ever? (And what's with comparing some brattiness to genocide?)
-Emma and Elsa. Forget Hook, I want Emma and Elsa to get together. Talk about a power couple. They're really good together.
-The Frozenbacks were uniformly excellent. I loved that Elsa had no time for Ingrid's BS about Anna and they stayed true to each other the whole time. I really want Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Emma, and Charming to get a spinoff. I'd be all over that in a hot second.
-They took Gold from ambiguous to full-on, mustache-twirlingly evil in like .05 seconds, but I really enjoy him as the villain, which outweighs the “that escalated quickly” component.
-Emma and Gold (Part 1). I wish they let these two interact more, because they play off each other really well.
-The Snow Queen. She is so f’ing psychotic and insane, and yet oddly sympathetic. I want her to be redeemed more than any other villain on this show.

-They actually hit a really good balance with Regina's humor tonight. She was snarky-bitchy funny without going OTT.

-Snow and Charming got to have a conversation about Emma? Are pigs ACTUALLY flying?

-Holy smokes, the Snow Queen generates chemistry with EVERYONE. I thought she was going to mount Gold right in the ice cave!

Things I didn’t like:
-Emma’s magic going haywire was so obviously Plot Contrivance #35946. My friend who I watch with was rolling her eyes all night over its contrived nature.
-Emma and Gold (Part 2): Emma knows better than to trust Gold. She clearly lost her brain along with her powers tonight. I thought tonight did a disservice to Emma’s strength of character in general. And this episode was less ABOUT Emma than it ought to have been.
-Hook’s stupidity tonight actually cannot be put into words. Actually cannot be put into words. Oh Hook, it's a good thing you're pretty, because you're the dumbest character on screen right now, and that's saying something.
-The book plot is beyond stupid. Beyond. Stupid. The book doesn’t write the future! I don’t understand everyone’s mass delusion about this. The book reflects the choices we make because it records the consequences of our choices. I just. That plot makes absolutely no sense. Regina shouldn't need a bloody page to tell her that if she starts making better choices, better things will happen. I just. This plot is so stupid. It literally makes no sense.
-Robin Hood literally gives no fucks that his fucking means Marian will be permanently dead. And relatedly, no, the problem here isn’t adultery. It’s that he’s boning his wife’s murderer and does not care that she’s his wife’s murderer, and also that the way to save his wife from death is to fall back in love with her and he's not even trying. (Though I do throw a flag on the play for crypt sex, too, surrounded by hearts and under Regina's dead father's body, because that's ten shades of disgusting.)
-I thought the show itself was really inconsistent about magic tonight. Magic doesn’t make you special…unless you have it, and then it does. Which is it, show? Because it’s not both.

-No, Regina, if you only stop doing evil and start doing good because you want a happy ending, it doesn't count.

Robin’s biceps. I don’t necessarily like the circumstances under which we saw them, but I like that we saw them.

They're the best part of him, by far.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 11

So they're having Rumple go full out cray cray as well aren't they?  He tried to hat Emma even though Hook reminded him that she is grandson's mother then he took a heart.   I can't even call Rumple a wolf in sheep clothing because he's not, but talk about hiding in plain sight.  What a little ***ker!  How do you punish someone like this?  A cell won't hold him.  Maybe they should hat his ass along with DQ's and they can make each other miserable.

I really love that she doesn't give a crap about him and what he says and threatens him right back.

• Love 4

I enjoyed the episodes overall.

RUMPLE!!!!!!!! Can we keep this extra deliciously evil version of him?

Poor Hook. The anti's are already up in arms about how his heart is so red. Love how he was the first to (almost) reach emma at the house, without having to use magic. Poor guy; he confesses and Rumple screws him over.

Won't Emma notice her phone is missing? Rumple would probably just delete Killy's messages anyway.

That Milah mention was a low blow Rumple. A low blow indeed.

On the plus side, the #GoldenHook brotp is officially cannon. Rumple declared Killy his oldest friend (and yes, I'm joking). I bet Rumple has been duped by the DQ. He needs the heart of someone who knew him before he was the dark one? Talk about convenient. As convenient as that fake magic spell he showed Emma in his shop. Kudos for Emma for knowing something seems up with Killy just after reuniting. Now if Rumple is controlling Killy...all I can imagine is that scene from Spaceballs where Dark Helmet is playing with his dolls and smashing their faces together. Except the dolls are CS and he's Dark Helmet.

Loved all the Frozen Swan.

Charm Charmz lost a few parenting points tonight. I can't believe how nonchalant they were when Emma told them she was getting rid of her magic. At least Snow apologized.

The new page of the story book is extremely sketchy.

Last comment for the night:

Now that the shattered sight spell has been released, will it affect Killy if he doesn't have his heart?

• Love 1

Everything Elsa and Emma?Awesome

I yelled, to the husband's amusement, "Friendship IS Magic!!!"

Yeah, this show. There is just enough awesome to keep you wanting to know what's next, but there's enough Not Awesome that you have to slog through to almost make you despair.

While it was nice to see Lana smile and chuckle with mirth and act like a regular lady, the crap that was being said in order for that to take place?  I may not be back after the break. Well, to the show; the forums and the posters are pretty cool.

As to Barefootin' DQ: if she doesn't feel cold like we do, why not go barefoot? Heels are good for some things, but I, myself, get tired of them quickly.  EM just has to hide her bunny slippers when she's ready for the cameras! *g*

Was it me, or was Henry really laid-back about Emma? Yeah, he had his feelings bruised when just being Henry wasn't enough to stop Emma's power surges, but Henry was chillaxing long enough for Regina to make an observation about how he wasn't talking to anyone. (Rich, coming from Regina, especially this season, but....) I know--Writers! It's just another brick in the wall of A&E alienating me from their show when people don't act like people.  I didn't need Henry to wangst or boo-hoo, but to be combing town maps, reading about some spell or mediation technique. Something besides the "clever nod" to a parent company. Yes, he's read comics before. Just not in the middle of one of his mom's crisis/crises.  

Oh, Hook! I wanted Belle to have overheard his confession to Emma, but was too stunned to believe him or just gobsmacked by seeing him with such passion. I am a hopeful fool, I know. ( I think, because Robin used the H word, that Snow is owed a dollar because he's not cool at all. Also? Just because I said so.)

The questions about how Ingrid became more proficient are starting to bug me. Also, I cheered when Anna and Elsa refused to willingly be Crazy Aunt Ingrid's pawns. Sooooo not what she wanted. Hey, Ingrid? Maybe folks call you a monster because... you are one? 

I don't think this really needed two hours, but I am not sure what exactly I would have cut, besides most of the Regina stuff. (I understand building for her story, but nothing was that important except the finding of the "new" page.::eyeroll::)

Friendship is magic, ya'll!

PS--Kristoff can stay in Storybrooke somehow. Make it happen, "Author"!

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 3

I get that, and that's what I've believed this whole time, but... why did the page appear?

I think the page appeared at the exact time that sexy Will Scarlett opened up his book (the other Storybook?) to the page with the big ole, pretty pop-up of what I am assuming was Killian's former ship, the Jolly Roger (formerly the Jewel of the Realm) approaching a lighthouse.  I don't know what role that second book will play, but it was pretty obvious placement.  And it looked like there were blank pages after the pop-up page.

I was trying to figure out the significance of them playing the theme song from the end of last season's finale though.

Since that song played right after Killian told Emma that he traded his ship to cross realms for her, my intact-inside-my-body, Captain Swan-loving heart hopes that it means that Emma will be going on her own physical/emotional journey to save poor Killian's heart.  

I really wish that I could post more often. Or, you know, at all. Y'all are wonderful.

• Love 1

I was hoping maybe it would be revealed that Hook had some magic of his own....I wanted him to break away from that fence!

Rumple....I love you and I hate you. Why does anyone trust you?

Did anyone else expect to see Belle hiding behind the shelves while Hook made his heartbreaking call to Emma? I totally thought they might go there.

Will Emma hear that message later and put two and two together? She's got to know something is wrong at some point.

SIGH.

• Love 3

I really love that she doesn't give a crap about him and what he says and threatens him right back.

The last scene actually made me wonder if she's going to kill Rumple. After he stole Hook's heart, seeing her being able to overpower him made me so happy.

Did anyone else expect to see Belle hiding behind the shelves while Hook made his heartbreaking call to Emma? I totally thought they might go there.

Where the heck was Belle this whole episode? I thought she was in charge of the library. Was she at home making meat pies for Rumple or something?

Ingrid's "Surprise! How was that?" made me laugh so hard.

Totally agree on that one.

Why bring over Michael Socha? They are wasting Will Scarlet on this show.

This. He's so unnecessary - not just that, but watered down to fit the plot. Everything from his Wonderland arc got blown off the face of the earth. Now he's just an idiot who can't pick a lock.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Ingrid, Elsa and Emma. The new Charmed Ones.

After crypt morning after scene, I decided to not watch live so I could ff through the crap.

Ingrid's "Surprise! How was that?" made me laugh so hard.

Not looking forward to Puppet Hook. What is Rumple's end game again? I'm getting confused.

All the stuff with the book makes no sense.

Why bring over Michael Socha? They are wasting Will Scarlet on this show.

Love The Snow Queen. Was that story she told a real folktale?

Yes--I'm actually stunned Belle didn't overhear the phone call. I thought it was so obviously a setup for that to happen.

• Love 11

-Robin Hood literally gives no fucks that his fucking means Marian will be permanently dead. And relatedly, no, the problem here isn’t adultery. It’s that he’s boning his wife’s murderer and does not care that she’s his wife’s murderer, and also that the way to save his wife from death is to fall back in love with her and he's not even trying. (Though I do throw a flag on the play for crypt sex, too, surrounded by hearts and under Regina's dead father's body, because that's ten shades of disgusting.)

Yes.  This.  Good point.  I will admit I was too twitchy with rage about Snow's "Hee!  You had sex!  Awesome!" to remember that right away, but you're absolutely right. 

I also would like to point out the absolute moxie of the writers and the gall of Regina to whine about free will when she cast a spell that completely took over people's lives and put them into situations they wouldn't've been in with free will.  The woman who took someone's heart and forced him to sex her for 28, and then killed him when he balked--is upset that there might be free will issues.  The writers really don't remember what happened in earlier episodes, do they?

• Love 12

What was with the couple of lines about Emma hating Happy? When was that revealed in the show? I know in real life, Jennifer had choice words for the acor on twitter, so I thought it was kind of funny, but also a bit awkward because of real life.

I'm not sure if the pop up book has anything to do with the storybook, but I liked that it had a tall ship, and Will's reaction to it was funny.

• Love 5

"Friendship IS Magic!!!"

While I agree that friendship is indeed magic ( a good friendship that is, not a toxic one), those rainbows I thought were about Elsa and Emma finally and completely embracing who they are.

Also, it seems like not a lot of people are innately magical.

And I like how DQ seemed very so not fazed by the noise of NYC. 

• Love 3

Was it me, or was Henry really laid-back about Emma? Yeah, he had his feelings bruised when just being Henry wasn't enough to stop Emma's power surges, but Henry was chillaxing long enough for Regina to make an observation about how he wasn't talking to anyone.

Who knows?  This is the same kid who's running skeevy shenanigans with Regina, on the "People don't like me for some reason and I can't be happy for some reason, let's make the write give me a happy ending." quest.  The same kid who's trying to con his dangerous, unstable grandfather using his own father's death.  The same kid who's thrilled his mother's having an affair with a married man whose wife is cursed.

Henry's got issues.

• Love 8

Oh Hook. :( Loved him spilling everything on the voicemail, which Emma will probably check at some point. Rumple taking his heart mean he still can't tell the truth? What does he have to lose at this point? Rumple's gonna kill him, tell Emma he took your heart! 

The episode had a lot of great one liners, Hook about the cell phone, Elsa about the car, everything with Robin and Will together, Regina's crack about Snow having Wicked be the baby's nanny. 

Robin and Will I loved together. They were so fun.

Elsa and Emma are amazing together, I love their friendship. She's better with Emma, than Snow is. 

Like all the Disney tie-ins. Henry reading Marvel comics, Tron advertisement in 1982 New York. 

David telling Snow that it wasn't her fault, umm no it actually was her fault.

Enjoyed 2 hours with no Belle. 

I like Robin and Regina together, but I still find it odd he became more in love with her after his wife got frozen. Where's his son? Does he expect Marian it stay frozen? Does he want her too? He's putting in more effort in finding Regina's happy ending than defrosting his sons mother. Heck, Regina puts in more effort trying to defrost her. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1