Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Friend of/Background person 

Yep…my point. They could have brought Resnik in full time instead of any number of people after season 1, had they wanted. I can take the woman in small doses, but she just doesn’t sit well with me overall.

• Love 2
On 10/26/2021 at 2:10 PM, glowbug said:

The Dinner Party From Hell: Producer’s Cut is on Peacock. It’s the last episode on  Season 1. 

I was thinking about cancelling my Peacock plan, but I will have to watch this first!

I am watching the Season 2 in the background while I work, and Kim is high as a KITE.  She cannot even croak out a full sentence.  She is setting up house with that disgusting boyfriend, I am skeeved every time they kiss.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I am watching more of the 2nd season, with Kim missing the flight and the boat in Hawaii, and LVP is beyond annoying.  I don't know if I noticed this the first time around, but she just keeps on "asking" what is going on with Kim, when will Kim arrive, what is going on with Kim???  It is very clear that she is constantly bringing her up to stir the pot and get Kyle riled up.  She is acting superior and making Kyle feel bad.  Not that I like Kyle, but it is like give it a rest.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I am watching more of the 2nd season, with Kim missing the flight and the boat in Hawaii, and LVP is beyond annoying.  I don't know if I noticed this the first time around, but she just keeps on "asking" what is going on with Kim, when will Kim arrive, what is going on with Kim???  It is very clear that she is constantly bringing her up to stir the pot and get Kyle riled up.  She is acting superior and making Kyle feel bad.  Not that I like Kyle, but it is like give it a rest.

That's one of the biggest things I didn't care for about LVP. She could be extremely pushy and intrusive. I liked watching her on TV, but in my own life, I prefer softer, gentler people. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 11/17/2021 at 11:40 AM, heatherchandler said:

It's amazing the things you notice in old reruns that didn't register the first time around!

• Love 9
On 11/17/2021 at 12:52 PM, RealHousewife said:

That's one of the biggest things I didn't care for about LVP. She could be extremely pushy and intrusive. I liked watching her on TV, but in my own life, I prefer softer, gentler people. 

Yeah she was a gold medal shit stirrer and gas lighter like Rinna but more subtle.

Wasn't she somewhat responsible for keeping the Kyle-Camille feud going in NY? My recollection is she pulled Taylor aside behind closed doors and said something to her that caused all hell to break loose at dinner: "You're a f**ucking liar Camille!" and Taylor's "Don't make me go Oklahoma on your ass!" to Kim. 

At least that's how I remember it, I haven't watched it in many years.

Don't forget the way she used Cedric (look at me, I love the gays and am so progressive!) and then when she didn't need him any longer, both she and Ken threw him away like used underwear.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, DawnDavenport said:

Wasn't she somewhat responsible for keeping the Kyle-Camille feud going in NY? My recollection is she pulled Taylor aside behind closed doors and said something to her that caused all hell to break loose at dinner: "You're a f**ucking liar Camille!" and Taylor's "Don't make me go Oklahoma on your ass!" to Kim. 

As it happens, I just watched that last night - and yes she was!

• Love 6
On 12/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Facebook so kindly reminded me that 11 years ago today I watched for the first time the dinner party from hell …. How time flys lol 

I feel like even the biggest Housewife hater would not be able to turn away from that episode. lol

• Love 6

Me sitting here mouth open like I haven’t watched this scene before still amazed at the sheer shannagins that Kim uttering let’s not talk about the husbands incurs … all leading up to Kyle dashing out the place like a bomb raid just got called … oh season 5 what a crazy ride you were 

• LOL 7
On 12/29/2021 at 6:45 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Me sitting here mouth open like I haven’t watched this scene before still amazed at the sheer shannagins that Kim uttering let’s not talk about the husbands incurs … all leading up to Kyle dashing out the place like a bomb raid just got called … oh season 5 what a crazy ride you were 

kyle-kyle-richards.gif

• LOL 8

Watching an old episode on Bravo... LVP is mad that Adrienne and Paul are getting divorced and ruining her vow renewal.  She is such a raging narcissist.  Kyle crying "oh Adrienne!!!!"  

Pandy is ugly (I know that is not a popular opinion, but I'm sticking with it).

Adrienne is on something, right?  She is slurring her speech and stumbling over words.  Not drunk-like, but drugged.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Watching an old episode on Bravo... LVP is mad that Adrienne and Paul are getting divorced and ruining her vow renewal.  She is such a raging narcissist.  Kyle crying "oh Adrienne!!!!"  

Pandy is ugly (I know that is not a popular opinion, but I'm sticking with it).

Adrienne is on something, right?  She is slurring her speech and stumbling over words.  Not drunk-like, but drugged.

Haha, I remember that episode! Funny, I was just posting about Kyle's tears regarding Dorit. That gal is definitely in touch with her emotions. 

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder. I don't think Pandora is ugly at all. I think she's a cutie. It's just that Lisa is so damn beautiful, and Pandora looks like Ken.

I wonder if Adrienne took something to help with her emotions? Whether she had the most wonderful marriage or not, divorce can really take a toll (from what I hear). 

• Love 4

I'm loving Bravo's BH marathon.

I do believe today I'm being treated to the season where Kim gets trashed, arrested, and does her bizarre hopping-over-the fence exit.  

What a treat.  Thanks, Bravo, for reminding me how good this show used to be.

Time for a cup of coffee and to dive in!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm loving Bravo's BH marathon.

Thank you for alerting me to this, although I get so anxious from these seasons!

Rinna is just the WORST, saying "you can get away with ANYTHING when you're sick," about Yolanda.

• Love 6
On 6/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, RealHousewife said:

In the words of Andy Cohen, 54 minutes of "refinement, dignity, and class!"

I just wasted an hour being reminded what an asshole everyone but Denise is! (Glorious!!) Erica sure does enjoy calling anyone who sees thru her a C**T.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

So I've just watched about the first 5 episodes of season 6 - Yolanda's all over the place with her "illness" and in the very first episode LVP is "wondering" about that.  Next she invites Rinna, whom she has always hated, to PJ to Ohio to buy tiny ponies.  Then she has a luncheon for Ken, to which Taylor is invited, and Taylor immediately starts "wondering" about Yo's illness.  To Rinna.  And LVP THs that "Taylor really doesn't know when to shut up." 

Then we meet Erika, Formerly Poor Wife of Powerful Lawyer, and see how she loves him.  We are introduced to Erika Jayne, who goes back to 2007 (!) and informs us that we all want to be her.  Patting the Puss is introduced as a dance move, and Kyle gets to meet her.  Next episode she is introduced to "the group" as a friend of Yo - she's in a short, tight white dress with pink stilettos, one of those hideous Cartier panther rings, bragging about "her plane" and you can just feel the envy coming out of LVP in waves, as she questions her, seeking flaws.  Finally Erika confesses, "My husband is 76" and LVP THs "AHA!"  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Next she invites Rinna, whom she has always hated

I thought she and Rinna were friends pre-season 6? Or at least got along enough to be "friends" on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, princelina said:

So I've just watched about the first 5 episodes of season 6 - Yolanda's all over the place with her "illness" and in the very first episode LVP is "wondering" about that.  Next she invites Rinna, whom she has always hated, to PJ to Ohio to buy tiny ponies.  Then she has a luncheon for Ken, to which Taylor is invited, and Taylor immediately starts "wondering" about Yo's illness.  To Rinna.  And LVP THs that "Taylor really doesn't know when to shut up." 

Then we meet Erika, Formerly Poor Wife of Powerful Lawyer, and see how she loves him.  We are introduced to Erika Jayne, who goes back to 2007 (!) and informs us that we all want to be her.  Patting the Puss is introduced as a dance move, and Kyle gets to meet her.  Next episode she is introduced to "the group" as a friend of Yo - she's in a short, tight white dress with pink stilettos, one of those hideous Cartier panther rings, bragging about "her plane" and you can just feel the envy coming out of LVP in waves, as she questions her, seeking flaws.  Finally Erika confesses, "My husband is 76" and LVP THs "AHA!"  

I remember Yolanda being all over the place with her illness too, but I always believed she was sick. I don't think you go through all she did if you are well. I actually don't remember what Taylor said being that bad. She said she smelled a misdiagnosis, not suggesting that Yolanda was lying or crazy. The conversation between Kyle and LVP and bringing up Yo's kids was in much worse taste imo. 

Erika never liked LVP. I wondered if it was Yolanda's influence or something. But yes the one thing I recall is LVP poking at her that first meeting. I also remember LVP saying she'd never heard of Erika. I never heard of Erika prior to RH either, but I've noticed a pattern of LVP playing down others' careers but boasting about her own. In Not All Diamonds and Rose, she credited Bravo for making her a "household name."

I'm ashamed to say it now, but I actually liked Erika her first season. She was patient with LVP, Bethany, Rinna's initial pearl clutching over her videos. For the most part she seemed like a cool chick who literally didn't GAF, unless something was important, like defending Yolanda and her children. 

2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I thought she and Rinna were friends pre-season 6? Or at least got along enough to be "friends" on the show.

We were supposed to believe they were good friends Rinna's debut season. The same way she was with Yolanda's, Teddi's, etc. I think producers try to make the hangouts among the women appear as organic as possible. It appears that acquaintances IRL play friends on RH. Actual casual friends IRL are play best buddies on RH. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember Yolanda being all over the place with her illness too, but I always believed she was sick. I don't think you go through all she did if you aren't well. I actually don't remember what Taylor said being that bad. She said she smelled a misdiagnosis, not suggesting that Yolanda was lying or crazy. The conversation between Kyle and LVP and bringing up Yo's kids was in much worse taste imo. 

Erika never liked LVP. I wondered if it was Yolanda's influence or something. But yes the one thing I recall is LVP poking at her that first meeting. I also remember LVP saying she'd never heard of Erika. I never heard of Erika prior to RH either, but I've noticed a pattern of LVP playing down others' careers but boasting about her own. In Not All Diamonds and Rose, she credited Bravo for making her a "household name."

I'm ashamed to say it now, but I actually liked Erika her first season. She was patient with LVP, Bethany, Rinna's initial pearl clutching over her videos. For the most part she seemed like a cool chick who literally didn't GAF, unless something was important, like defending Yolanda and her children. 

We were supposed to believe they were good friends Rinna's debut season. The same way she was with Yolanda's, Teddi's, etc. I think producers try to make the hangouts among the women appear as organic as possible. It appears that acquaintances IRL play friends on RH. Actual casual friends IRL are play best buddies on RH. 

Nobody ever heard of Erika. Her music "career" started with joining the HWs, and having her husband providing stolen funds to support it. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember Yolanda being all over the place with her illness too, but I always believed she was sick. I don't think you go through all she did if you are well. I actually don't remember what Taylor said being that bad. She said she smelled a misdiagnosis, not suggesting that Yolanda was lying or crazy. The conversation between Kyle and LVP and bringing up Yo's kids was in much worse taste imo. 

I think that Yolanda was sick but that it was far more likely because of leaking implants than "chronic Lyme disease." But I don't think she had Munchausen - she really was ill, she just didn't want to admit to the real cause of it (or she didn't know until the implants were removed, that is also very possible).

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think that Yolanda was sick but that it was far more likely because of leaking implants than "chronic Lyme disease." But I don't think she had Munchausen - she really was ill, she just didn't want to admit to the real cause of it (or she didn't know until the implants were removed, that is also very possible).

I just had this same conversation with @SweetieDarling the other day, she had those implants removed and like magic she was all better.  I do remember Yo saying that the two Not Gigi's also had Lyme Disease, I think it was Kyle that had a very surprised look on her face as did we all since the Not Gigi's never said a thing on social media or anywhere.

• Love 7
(edited)
41 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Considering how devoted Yoland was to that scumbag, David, there is no way she faked illness. She had to know, on some level, that he wasn't exactly the "sickness and health" type. That sort of chronic illness can strain a truly solid marriage and I remember Yolanda making some comments about how hard it was on David. Yes, she could have been misdiagnosed, or not, but she was sick and Lisa is just a truly horrible person. Erika did seem like a decent person in some aspects during her first season. I have totally learned that lot's of them can appear pretty good first season, heck I actually liked Brandi. But the Erika Jayne crap was always a red flag to me. All of these women obviously love attention, but that whole slutty, stupid routine of Erika told me there was something there to watch out for, even while she was picking up Yolanda from Ohio in her private jet. That was obviously a kind thing to do. The 2 sides just didn't make sense to me. Maybe being on the good side of David Foster's wife might just benefit an aspiring star. I guess she missed the part where he actually works with talented artists.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I just had this same conversation with @SweetieDarling the other day, she had those implants removed and like magic she was all better.  I do remember Yo saying that the two Not Gigi's also had Lyme Disease, I think it was Kyle that had a very surprised look on her face as did we all since the Not Gigi's never said a thing on social media or anywhere.

Lyme disease is not contagious (from person to person), and there is no way all her kids and her were infected at the same, or about time. It's statistisically impossible. I think she was fibbing because Kyle mentioned that Mohamed, the father of the kids said his kids (Gigi, Bella, and Anwar) didn't have Lyme. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Lyme disease is not contagious (from person to person), and there is no way all her kids and her were infected at the same, or about time. It's statistisically impossible. I think she was fibbing because Kyle mentioned that Mohamed, the father of the kids said they didn't have Lyme. 

Her rationalization about them all having Lyme's was because they all spent so much time outside on horses...the ticks were a thing.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Rewatching episode one and two for the first time in a while and Kyle and Kim that first WHOLE season did nothing but pick each other apart but these two first episodes YIKES .. the first episode Kyle admitted to bawling and following her kids bus on the first day and how she can’t let go then in episode two says it’s KIM that can’t let go when she gets upset that her daughter actually wants to go to Houston for the summer possibly permanently and kyles like oh no big deal you are to codependent on your kids …

lol what the what and don’t get me started on the whole Kim’s kids coming to her and her basically undermining Kim’s parenting with I back them when they come to me bullshit … if your kids went to your sister and she told them not to listen to you Kyle would lose her shit 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

lol what the what and don’t get me started on the whole Kim’s kids coming to her and her basically undermining Kim’s parenting with I back them when they come to me bullshit … if your kids went to your sister and she told them not to listen to you Kyle would lose her shit 

With a person who had their shit together this would be a big deal to me but Kim is an addict and an alcoholic. This was a period where she was quite obviously using and drinking so I can't fault Kyle too much for stepping in to help Kim with her kids. I also don't blame Kim's kids for wanting to come to Kyle given their mother's lack of stability. I actually think it's a point in Kyle's favor that she was there for Kim’s kids for support, advice, etc.

I acknowledge though that Kyle probably should have been more sensitive to her sister by not mentioning any of this on camera.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Season 1 is on this morning. I just want to yell “bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!”

It is funny seeing how the ladies looked before all the work they had done. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Mind Blown 1
On 7/12/2023 at 7:36 AM, Chatty Cake said:

It is funny seeing how the ladies looked before all the work they had done. 

I just rewatched season one, and I was was struck by how YOUNG everyone was.  Mauricio turned 40 on the show!  That made ME feel old.  I also didn't remember what a voice of reason Adrianne was, when it came to everything except her husband.  I actually just laughed at Camille - yes, Season One Camille is one of the worst people on the planet, but I just can't take her seriously, especially when I'll always believe the true asshole there was Kelsey.  And finally, holy sheeeeeet, I forgot how dark that fight with Kyle and Kim was.  I actually felt really uncomfortable the majority of the time Kim was on screen.  She just seems so fragile and, to me, it's clear she never should have been cast. 

• Like 10
On 7/17/2023 at 9:46 AM, lasu said:

I just rewatched season one, and I was was struck by how YOUNG everyone was.  Mauricio turned 40 on the show!  That made ME feel old.  I also didn't remember what a voice of reason Adrianne was, when it came to everything except her husband.  I actually just laughed at Camille - yes, Season One Camille is one of the worst people on the planet, but I just can't take her seriously, especially when I'll always believe the true asshole there was Kelsey.  And finally, holy sheeeeeet, I forgot how dark that fight with Kyle and Kim was.  I actually felt really uncomfortable the majority of the time Kim was on screen.  She just seems so fragile and, to me, it's clear she never should have been cast. 

I know what you mean. I'm not much younger than season 1 Mauricio. I started out really liking Adrienne and Kim. My heart broke for Kim during that finale episode. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Watching the latest marathon…Yo’s first season. All I can say is, I am DAMN glad that Faye Resnick was never featured any more than what she was. Who died and made her God? Lecturing on a situation she knew shit about (Brandi/Paul/Adrienne) —  Totally on Lisa’s side here.

This season is new to me, so I’m enjoying it. Kim looked so good, too.

• Like 6

I watched a few reruns that popped up on my DVR - a couple from last season and a couple from season 1 - and here is my verdict of what is wrong with this show:  they don't have fun any more!  Season 1 had all of it's drama, but also cute moments of the husbands chatting as they watched the wives go at it, or them all having fun at a pool party and pushing the glammed up women in the pool.  Now it's just the same women dressing up like idiots to sit around each others' homes and constantly nitpick each other.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 7/17/2023 at 9:46 AM, lasu said:

True, but she was the True Boss of the Amsterdam Dinner Party from Hell, so there's that.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 3

Just sort of re-watched season 1. I am obviously a horrible person because I totally enjoyed watching the classic Allison Dubois episode. She was so right about Kyle's marriage, it seems. I am looking forward to seeing Kyle justify her actions as she always does. While I can feel bad for the kids, I just hope to see Kyle skewered as she has done to so many others, for her selfish actions. If you are unhappy in your marriage, get out. Cheating isn't any less despicable if it's with another woman.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 10/20/2023 at 8:00 PM, chlban said:

Just sort of re-watched season 1. I am obviously a horrible person because I totally enjoyed watching the classic Allison Dubois episode.

I’m a horrible person also then, because I have watched that episode numerous times and love it every time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Allison D was as if the majority of the audience could be in the same room with Kyle and just tell Kyle exactly how irritating she is.. and saying how her husband would never fulfill her.

Season 1... Kim was not well... but even so, I still side with her over Kyle... and that's sad I'm siding with an addict over a non addict.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

Season VI, Episode 15. 

Kathryn is a delight. Erika completely fails to intimidate her. She really gets under Erika’s skin.

And Tom does not intimidate Ken. 

“Come on, Tom, you’re acting like the judge here. You’re only a lawyer.”

• LOL 2