Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Watching the end of an early season (thinking it was Yolanda’s first season) on Bravo and I can’t help but think how hideous Brandi looks now since all the plastic surgery. She was really quite pretty back then.

I’ve always thought it sad that they feel nothing is “quite right” with their appearance, and that they won’t be happy until something is “fixed”. 

• Love 9

I was watching that too - Yolanda and David swearing their lifelong love, Kim getting a nose job for access to pain meds, that odd Marissa who couldn't stand her nice husband, Jax and Peter waiting tables in wife-beaters at Lisa's tea party - good stuff 😄

• Love 7
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I was watching that too - Yolanda and David swearing their lifelong love, Kim getting a nose job for access to pain meds, that odd Marissa who couldn't stand her nice husband, Jax and Peter waiting tables in wife-beaters at Lisa's tea party - good stuff 😄

I just rewatched and I agree with you except that Kim got a nose job strictly for the pain meds. At that point, she was really, really working on being sober and staying sober. She sadly went off the rails not long after the season ended (if I recall correctly).
However, being a lucky recipient of 10 orthopedic surgeries in 12 years, I can’t imagine dealing with the horrible pain the first few days after surgery without the use of pain meds. 

That whole David and Yolanda love went south quickly and they seemed to actually seemed to work as a couple.

No surprise that Marisa got divorced. Can’t stand Brandi but she pegged it when she told Marisa, “your husband loves you more than you love him”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I just rewatched and I agree with you except that Kim got a nose job strictly for the pain meds. At that point, she was really, really working on being sober and staying sober. She sadly went off the rails not long after the season ended (if I recall correctly).

IMO if she said she went off the rails not long after the season ended, she did it before then.  I'd say before she cancelled on Lisa's tea party.

The other thing I forgot to mention - the fucking double air kisses between every single person every time a new on entered the room!  I always hated that.  Now I guess we don't see them because they're too busy taking off the masks they only wear when they're walking from the car to the door (alone in the fresh air) 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 8/13/2021 at 9:57 PM, princelina said:

IMO if she said she went off the rails not long after the season ended, she did it before then.  I'd say before she cancelled on Lisa's tea party.

The other thing I forgot to mention - the fucking double air kisses between every single person every time a new on entered the room!  I always hated that.  Now I guess we don't see them because they're too busy taking off the masks they only wear when they're walking from the car to the door (alone in the fresh air) 😄

Ugh, not a fan of that! I socialize with some people who do it too. 

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Bravo is playing my favorite episode right now season ones dinner from hell. I still have PTSD from Electric Cigarettes  

alllison_dubois_psychic.gif

giphy.gif

I never really bought that Yolanda and David were this great couple tbh. Their relationship seemed pretty performative to me. I cringe over Kyle's "love bean," but contrary to what the lady above said, I think they're happy. I think most healthy couples are kind of like Lisa and Ken-some teasing, some affection. Not bickering all the time like Adrienne and Paul and not getting extra with my love this, my love that. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

I am truly enjoying the HELL out of the season one reruns. What great storylines! It got me through the workday. 

“Dinner Party from Hell” has to be one of the most iconic eps in the history of all the Real Housewives. It used to be that I would DVR it if I saw it was on. Now thanks to Peacock, I can watch it whenever I want, LOL. The season finale is great, too — Kyle and Kim’s fight in the limo with Adrienne refereeing.

I think RHOBH is my favorite.

On a kind-of related note, I’m reading a book about MTV. I did not know that Camille was a dancer on “Club MTV.”

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ugh, not a fan of that! I socialize with some people who do it too. 

alllison_dubois_psychic.gif

giphy.gif

I never really bought that Yolanda and David were this great couple tbh. Their relationship seemed pretty performative to me. I cringe over Kyle's "love bean," but contrary to what the lady above said, I think they're happy. I think most healthy couples are kind of like Lisa and Ken-some teasing, some affection. Not bickering all the time like Adrienne and Paul and not getting extra with my love this, my love that. 

Paul and Adrienne could have done a revival of “The Bickersons”. (Look it up…) Paul whining about his broken nose and Adrienne’s lack of sympathy always make me laugh.

Edit— That reference was just in the finale recap! LOL!

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Paul and Adrienne could have done a revival of “The Bickersons”. (Look it up…) Paul whining about his broken nose and Adrienne’s lack of sympathy always make me laugh.

Edit— That reference was just in the finale recap! LOL!

I thought Paul was a funny guy! He was silly and playful. 

You all remember Taylor seductively having cotton candy? What Lisa said about it was hilarious too. "Taylor was playing with that cotton candy. She was kind of licking it and chewing it, doing things that I'd only read about in books." hehehe

IGWM.gif

eta: I also remember editors having fun with this scene. IRC, they showed a clip of Mauricio smiling and winking. 😂

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2021 at 9:57 PM, princelina said:

Uugh the double air kisses, every single person greeting every other person with the f-ing air kisses.  The thing is, why did Bravo always insist on showing all of them?  So boring!  They didn't have to use all of that footage.  Like when they show everyone arriving at a party - why?  Just start at the party.  Why do we have to waste time watching people get out of a car?  I assume it is because they don't have enough footage.  

And then I wonder why even have a show if you barely have enough footage for the episodes?

Btw do we have a nitpick thread?  :)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I love the gifs of them dancing. 

“Camille’s dancing was like she was really shaking it and moving it. I think all that’s missing was a pole, really.” LVP

camille-grammer-dance.gif

kyle+richards+gif.gif

Forget shaking and moving your ass, Kyle's hair gets a workout!

kyle-kyle-richards.gif

tumblr_inline_ml12bxc5F01qz4rgp.gif

party-time-yaaaaas.gif

And here's Kim. Must be a Richards sister thing!

J8CK.gif

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I love the gifs of them dancing. 

“Camille’s dancing was like she was really shaking it and moving it. I think all that’s missing was a pole, really.” LVP

camille-grammer-dance.gif

kyle+richards+gif.gif

Forget shaking and moving your ass, Kyle's hair gets a workout!

kyle-kyle-richards.gif

tumblr_inline_ml12bxc5F01qz4rgp.gif

party-time-yaaaaas.gif

And here's Kim. Must be a Richards sister thing!

J8CK.gif

I think Eileen did a pretty mean hair shake, too, IIRC. This was at one of the former Mrs. Girardi’s stage extravaganzas, I think.

No wonder Camille was a Club MTV regular back in the day.

• Love 4

You know, a lot of their parties make for fun TV, but I'd never want to be there. 

Yolanda will forever be one of the coolest housewives since her husband surprised everyone with Andrea Bocelli. I mean, how can you top that? 

If David Foster more or less told me to stfu, I'd probably just say, yes my love. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 8/24/2021 at 9:21 PM, RealHousewife said:

If David Foster more or less told me to stfu, I'd probably just say, yes my love. 

If David tried to tell me to stfu, my knee would be landing on his soft parts. He's always come across as an arrogant asshole to me and nobody needs to put up with that.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

If David tried to tell me to stfu, my knee would be landing on his soft parts. He's always come across as an arrogant asshole to me and nobody needs to put up with that.

Haha! "You don't speak, you don't sing" was so rude, but I'd rather take rudeness from him than some of the women on the show who think they're so great for God knows what.

• Love 4

Kyle is so gorgeous in Season 5.  She shouldn't have continued to get so much work done ☹️

I'm just going around and trying to find the most outrageous moments.  What episode does Kyle say "You're such a fucking liar, Camille"?  I know it's the first season.  I think it's 105.  I'll report back.  (Yeah, it's the very very end of 105.  LOL.)

Right now I'm watching this episode with the drunk medium.  It's so crazy and funny!  And the morally corrupt Faye Resnick.

Edited:  I have now seen Kim saying that Kyle stole her house (What a horrible argument that was!).  And I have seen the big Amsterdam dinner fight.

I'm sorry I have to watch the show this way, but I just find it so ooooooooooo boring so I have to skip to the good parts.  More to come!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

☹️Right now I'm watching this episode with the drunk medium.  It's so crazy and funny!  And the morally corrupt Faye Resnick.

If you get the opportunity, try to watch the Producer's Cut of the first Dinner Party From Hell. It's an entire hour devoted to the party itself, and there are some THs that weren't originally aired.

Bravo aired it about a month ago, but I'm sure they'll do it again. Maybe it's on streaming?

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Surrealist said:

If you get the opportunity, try to watch the Producer's Cut of the first Dinner Party From Hell. It's an entire hour devoted to the party itself, and there are some THs that weren't originally aired.

Bravo aired it about a month ago, but I'm sure they'll do it again. Maybe it's on streaming?

I’m going to look for that! i wish had that episode on loop....the good old days!

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, glowbug said:

The Dinner Party From Hell: Producer’s Cut is on Peacock. It’s the last episode on  Season 1. 

Satan has many faces. 

this is hands down my favorite episode of the entire series lol 

faye resnick jokes about there are worse ways to die then being strangled to death by pearls … lol just ask Nicole is all I could think lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Satan has many faces. 

faye resnick jokes about there are worse ways to die then being strangled to death by pearls … lol just ask Nicole is all I could think lol 

And that Alison's comment about how Mauricio will never emotionally fulfill Kyle were accurate with regard to Camille and Kelsey. 😂

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 8
On 8/11/2021 at 5:48 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Watching the end of an early season (thinking it was Yolanda’s first season) on Bravo and I can’t help but think how hideous Brandi looks now since all the plastic surgery. She was really quite pretty back then.

I’ve always thought it sad that they feel nothing is “quite right” with their appearance, and that they won’t be happy until something is “fixed”. 

I actually liked Brandi in the beginning because she stood up to Vile And Kim - that behavior of those two twats at the infamous game night showed a lot about those two and their upbringing they always trying to gloss over. 
She was very pretty and her long legs for days. Ugh. It’s depressing how women have become face puppets for youth. 
I watched valentine, a horror movie Denise Richards was in. She was stunning in her youth- I always thought so. She ironically to me despite some puffiness from maybe fillers still looks like herself just older. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, glowbug said:

The Dinner Party From Hell: Producer’s Cut is on Peacock. It’s the last episode on  Season 1. 

Ooh! Thanks! I can watch Dinner Party From Hell all day. One of the best episodes ever. What a trainwreck 🤣. I would have loved to have seen Allison on more often, rather than DD.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Watching Season 7 being re-aired on Bravo this Wednesday morning. 

I always liked Eileen. She wins the award for most naturally youthful looking - no apparent work done for her age. 

But she also wins the award for the worst decorated house. What a hodgepodge mess it was ! The bones of her Malibu home are beautiful, but she has zero taste in decor. 

• Love 8

I have a natural affection for Eileen because of "Days of our Lives".  (that same thing doesn't extend to Rinna, though).  But, on the show I just find her demeanor very odd and phony.  I've only seen very,  very few episodes with her on, but her demeanor just kind of rubs me the wrong way.  Maybe I'll get used to her.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Watching Season 7 being re-aired on Bravo this Wednesday morning. 

I always liked Eileen. She wins the award for most naturally youthful looking - no apparent work done for her age. 

I always liked Eileen too. I hated how she was treated on the show. Brandi threw a glass of wine at her. WTF? My heart goes out to Kim for her issues, but she can be horrible to people. I know it's not the most popular opinion here, but I thought LVP was both intrusive and then nasty. I normally think she's good TV but couldn't stand her season 6 or 7. If someone doesn't want to talk about something, drop it. The jokes about the women's husbands cheating are not brilliant British humor. They're disgusting and bitchy. Eileen was beyond kind to Erika, and Erika went psycho on her. She didn't deserve any of that. 

And yes Eileen is so youthful looking. I can't believe she's 62 now. She's still beautiful with a great figure and amazing skin. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7
On 10/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kyle is so gorgeous in Season 5.  She shouldn't have continued to get so much work done ☹️

The closeups of her in the dinner party from hell episode was yikes. She doesn’t even look like the same person 

• Love 3

Today’s marathon (Hong Kong season) is up to the reunion now.

God…Eden Sassoon was so effin’ annoying with her hugs, weirdness, and amateur drug counselor act — how she’d get beady-eyed watching every interaction for signs of enabling or addiction. I get that her sister OD’d, but she didn’t need to work out her issues on that with Kim and Kyle. (Rinna didn’t help here, either.) 

I’m glad Sassoon never came back.

Erika had some moments when I liked her — back then. 

LOL — Kyle sitting there chewing her fingers to the bone when Kim and Rinna were having their bunny moment. 

1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

I tried looking it up, but whatever happened to DiDi?

No clue. 

EDIT: What did happen to the bunny? Did it go to the clubhouse?

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I know it's not the most popular opinion here, but I thought LVP was both intrusive and then nasty. I normally think she's good TV but couldn't stand her season 6 or 7. If someone doesn't want to talk about something, drop it. The jokes about the women's husbands cheating are not brilliant British humor. They're disgusting and bitchy. 

OMG!  I am not an LVP fan either.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

30 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

EDIT: What did happen to the bunny? Did it go to the clubhouse?

That's what it says in this article:

https://screenrant.com/real-housewives-beverly-hills-craziest-wildest-scenes/

• Love 3
On 10/26/2021 at 7:57 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Satan has many faces. 

OMG. I had the same thought. 

Watched this cut this morning, and all I can say is everyone (except for maybe Adrienne, LVP, and Kim) was drunk on their ass, Camille most likely was setting up Kyle, Kyle brought Faye to get back at Camille, and I am DAMN glad neither Allison nor Faye has been invited back.

But still, if there is ever a Howives Hall of Fame (or Shame), this ep deserves a place.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 5