Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Been watching the old episodes. Remember Cedric that lived w Lisa? I wonder what the real story there was.

This really is the biggest mystery of all....

Cedric did some press right after everything went down. According to him, his living with Ken and Lisa was all for the show - initially. He said she didn't test well with Bravo in the beginning and it didn't look like she would get the gig. They came up with a plot where they had this gay employee living with them, and It was to be a point of contention between Lisa and Ken. Bravo found this interesting and she was hired. He said he had rental receipts to prove he had been living in his own right up until they started filming, and supposedly that claim was backed up by a reporter. I believe he admitted that he did get quickly lured into the luxury of living with them, and Ken really did come to want him gone. After Lisa became a big hit on the show, they apparently decided they didn't need him any longer and kicked him out of the house. This was supposedly what set him off and he made threats, which was when they called the police. He then went on to say that Lisa was having an affair, and that Ken had had a long standing love of prostitutes. He claimed he had a book deal and would tell all. Just as suddenly, he was gone and said no more about them, which was strange to me. If the guy is such a total tool (and he no doubt is), why did he suddenly go quiet when everyone was trying to tell his story? I will always believe some money exchanged hands for him to stop talking. Not that anything he was saying was true, but he had the potential to drop some potentially sordid stories about Ken and Lisa that may have hurt their reputations, regardless of whether or not they were true.

• Love 3

This really is the biggest mystery of all....

Cedric did some press right after everything went down. According to him, his living with Ken and Lisa was all for the show - initially. He said she didn't test well with Bravo in the beginning and it didn't look like she would get the gig. They came up with a plot where they had this gay employee living with them, and It was to be a point of contention between Lisa and Ken. Bravo found this interesting and she was hired. He said he had rental receipts to prove he had been living in his own right up until they started filming, and supposedly that claim was backed up by a reporter. I believe he admitted that he did get quickly lured into the luxury of living with them, and Ken really did come to want him gone. After Lisa became a big hit on the show, they apparently decided they didn't need him any longer and kicked him out of the house. This was supposedly what set him off and he made threats, which was when they called the police. He then went on to say that Lisa was having an affair, and that Ken had had a long standing love of prostitutes. He claimed he had a book deal and would tell all. Just as suddenly, he was gone and said no more about them, which was strange to me. If the guy is such a total tool (and he no doubt is), why did he suddenly go quiet when everyone was trying to tell his story? I will always believe some money exchanged hands for him to stop talking. Not that anything he was saying was true, but he had the potential to drop some potentially sordid stories about Ken and Lisa that may have hurt their reputations, regardless of whether or not they were true.

I think people were asking/demanding that Cedric back up/prove his claims against Lisa/Ken and he couldn't soooooo, POOF.........away he went (aka RAN). He pops up now and then in the blogs and the last time, I believe, he went against Brandi's claims against Lisa/Ken. Brandi was claiming that Lisa ARRANGED to have Cedric deported from the US and that she, Lisa, was blocking him from returning here. He, Cedric, called Brandi a LIAR.

• Love 4

I think people were asking/demanding that Cedric back up/prove his claims against Lisa/Ken and he couldn't soooooo, POOF.........away he went (aka RAN). He pops up now and then in the blogs and the last time, I believe, he went against Brandi's claims against Lisa/Ken. Brandi was claiming that Lisa ARRANGED to have Cedric deported from the US and that she, Lisa, was blocking him from returning here. He, Cedric, called Brandi a LIAR.

Another example of just how dumb Brandi is.  I don't think that Lisa and Ken have the power to have someone deported, nor do I think that Cedric would want that idea circulating. If he had been deported, this would mean there were circumstances involving him that were dire, and he wouldn't want people to believe that. I still think that they gave him a check, had him sign a contract that said he would not talk about them any further, and gave him a one-way ticket back home.  There are so many tabloids out there that don't care one hoot about any type of proof. They will publish lies over and over again without question and they were all after him. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

I'm guessing the Cedric deportation is a typical "Brandi Truth": 

Since they sponsored his green card, this was probably done through his employment at Villa Blanca. After the breakdown in their relationship he was no longer welcome to work there, and I'm guessing he didn't secure another kind of steady employment in the time period he needed to in order to keep his working visa and had to go back home.

In Brandi-speak, not continuing to employ him = having him deported. 

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 10

Brandi was claiming that Lisa ARRANGED to have Cedric deported from the US and that she, Lisa, was blocking him from returning here. He, Cedric, called Brandi a LIAR.

Maybe he was hoping that by damning Brandi, Lisa would open up her heart and her wallet to him again.  That's how bottom feeders think.

I thought it interesting that even after everything that Cedric, allegedly, did to Ken and Lisa, Bravo still brought him back to be filmed at that SUR party.  Why would they do that?  It couldn't have been with the VDP-Todd blessing.

• Love 2

Maybe he was hoping that by damning Brandi, Lisa would open up her heart and her wallet to him again.  That's how bottom feeders think.

I thought it interesting that even after everything that Cedric, allegedly, did to Ken and Lisa, Bravo still brought him back to be filmed at that SUR party.  Why would they do that?  It couldn't have been with the VDP-Todd blessing.

Cedric published the e-mails between production and his agent.  LVP knew but not the rest of the RH.  Cedric's request that he not film with anyone but RHs-didn't want to be stuck filming with the help.

• Love 1

I just watched part of a season one marathon.  I hadn't seen any of the first season since it initially aired, and some things surprised me, while others confirmed my original impressions.

My desire to never see Camille Grammar again was confirmed.  She's really such a snake in the grass.  Everything about her is just so fake.  The way she sicks her attack dogs DD and DuBois, and her absolute glee while they're going to work on her enemies - ugh.  Cannot stand.  And there's her pathetic sex kitten/shy baby doll act.  Her coy blushing behavior, juxtaposed with her full on stripper dancing is actually comical.  I'm shy - I would die before I'd put on a strip tease for the world, and my friends' husbands.

Kim still really touches me.  I have social anxiety, and I see so much of that in her behavior.  Elizabeth Taylor claims she was an alcoholic because she used it to make socializing easier.  I can build up a basic event into an intimidating monumental event, and I can image how much easier it would be if I could get drunk or take some pills.  I did notice that Kim's contempt for Mauricio was very obvious, as was how warm and loving she was to Kyle's kids.

Didn't enjoy revisiting Adrienne and Paul, aka The Bickersons.  I did like how much calmer and rational Adrienne was around "the girls".  Then she and Paul really irritated me.  At Farrah's graduation party, they dragged Mauricio's mother over and requested free marital advice.  At the conclusion, is a snotty TH from Adrienne stating maybe Estella should bother getting to know them first before giving advice.  OK then.

I didn't like LVP first season, and I see why.  She really took pot shots at Kyle, and Kyle was frequently the butt of her jokes.  I didn't like Kyle then, so that didn't bother me.  But she really came off as rather cold and even elitist.  There's a moment where a limo driver helps her out of the car.  She makes him take her bag, because she's not able to hold both it and Giggy.  As she reclaims her bag, she thanks him.  But it was the way she interacted with him.  She never looked at him, never made eye contact, and just swanned on by.  I could see Luann from NY acting that way.  I also thought she was so much more warm, empathetic, and even loving to Cedric as compared to Max.  At one point he was telling her a story, and she just hung on his every word, comforting, making excuses for him, and building him up.  All I could think of was, was this actually occurring while Max was sent away for his out of control behavior of smoking pot?  And how did Max feel watching this BS?

Lisa was also quite the shit stirrer.  She seemed to be doing very much of what Eileen has done this season.  It started with the off camera talk that Camille and Taylor had.  Lisa would run to Kyle - I think this is Taylor's fault.  I know she said something.  Then she'd run to Taylor and start accusing her.  Then she seemed to fan the flames between Kim and Taylor, and was actually the one who prompted Taylor to confront Kim the night of the limo fight.  Of course Lisa has a TH with the innocent, oh I never thought this would happen.  I also noticed that Lisa did not have the big firm butt she has now.  And sadly, Ken was so spry as compared to now.  At one point he actually sprinted up the stairs.

• Love 2

I just watched part of a season one marathon.  I hadn't seen any of the first season since it initially aired, and some things surprised me, while others confirmed my original impressions.

My desire to never see Camille Grammar again was confirmed.  She's really such a snake in the grass.  Everything about her is just so fake.  The way she sicks her attack dogs DD and DuBois, and her absolute glee while they're going to work on her enemies - ugh.  Cannot stand.  And there's her pathetic sex kitten/shy baby doll act.  Her coy blushing behavior, juxtaposed with her full on stripper dancing is actually comical.  I'm shy - I would die before I'd put on a strip tease for the world, and my friends' husbands.

Kim still really touches me.  I have social anxiety, and I see so much of that in her behavior.  Elizabeth Taylor claims she was an alcoholic because she used it to make socializing easier.  I can build up a basic event into an intimidating monumental event, and I can image how much easier it would be if I could get drunk or take some pills.  I did notice that Kim's contempt for Mauricio was very obvious, as was how warm and loving she was to Kyle's kids.

Didn't enjoy revisiting Adrienne and Paul, aka The Bickersons.  I did like how much calmer and rational Adrienne was around "the girls".  Then she and Paul really irritated me.  At Farrah's graduation party, they dragged Mauricio's mother over and requested free marital advice.  At the conclusion, is a snotty TH from Adrienne stating maybe Estella should bother getting to know them first before giving advice.  OK then.

I didn't like LVP first season, and I see why.  She really took pot shots at Kyle, and Kyle was frequently the butt of her jokes.  I didn't like Kyle then, so that didn't bother me.  But she really came off as rather cold and even elitist.  There's a moment where a limo driver helps her out of the car.  She makes him take her bag, because she's not able to hold both it and Giggy.  As she reclaims her bag, she thanks him.  But it was the way she interacted with him.  She never looked at him, never made eye contact, and just swanned on by.  I could see Luann from NY acting that way.  I also thought she was so much more warm, empathetic, and even loving to Cedric as compared to Max.  At one point he was telling her a story, and she just hung on his every word, comforting, making excuses for him, and building him up.  All I could think of was, was this actually occurring while Max was sent away for his out of control behavior of smoking pot?  And how did Max feel watching this BS?

Lisa was also quite the shit stirrer.  She seemed to be doing very much of what Eileen has done this season.  It started with the off camera talk that Camille and Taylor had.  Lisa would run to Kyle - I think this is Taylor's fault.  I know she said something.  Then she'd run to Taylor and start accusing her.  Then she seemed to fan the flames between Kim and Taylor, and was actually the one who prompted Taylor to confront Kim the night of the limo fight.  Of course Lisa has a TH with the innocent, oh I never thought this would happen.  I also noticed that Lisa did not have the big firm butt she has now.  And sadly, Ken was so spry as compared to now.  At one point he actually sprinted up the stairs.

Thanks for the great recap. You pretty much nailed how I remembered much of the season, but I am disappointed now that I didn't get the friction between Adrienne and Paul. I really didn't understand their level of anger toward each other in the first season.

My question to you, since you just watched, is what was your impression of the Camille/Kyle drama. Many times it has been said on here that Mauricio "demanded" that Kyle apologize to Camille, and was very angry with her about the whole thing. I never saw it like that at all. Was he disappointed? Of course. Did that come across to you on rewatching? Since I've always been a big Kyle fan, I recognize that I might have seen it differently than others did.

• Love 2

Thanks for the great recap. You pretty much nailed how I remembered much of the season, but I am disappointed now that I didn't get the friction between Adrienne and Paul. I really didn't understand their level of anger toward each other in the first season.

My question to you, since you just watched, is what was your impression of the Camille/Kyle drama. Many times it has been said on here that Mauricio "demanded" that Kyle apologize to Camille, and was very angry with her about the whole thing. I never saw it like that at all. Was he disappointed? Of course. Did that come across to you on rewatching? Since I've always been a big Kyle fan, I recognize that I might have seen it differently than others did.

I agree with you on Kyle and Mauricio. Nothing shown on camera tells me Mauricio reprimanded her. I think Kyle was horrified that her argument with Camille could negatively affect Mauricio's career. I'm sure he asked her to apologize, but it seems to me that Mauricio likes Kyle the way she is. I don't think he wanted her to be a kiss ass and bow to Camille's perceived superiority, as Camille seemed to want. And I bet Kelsey was a little pissed that she acted like such an elitist bitch in regards to their business. His wife reflects on him just as Kyle does on Mauricio. On re-watch, Camille was actually worse than I remembered. The Jesus comments, the OTT flirting and kissing of the tennis coach, the incident in the hot tub, her almost bragging of using a surrogate so her figure wasn't affected. How she clearly relished when her opponents were being attacked. Her whole shy thing is like the Jackie Kennedy mystique. You use the soft baby doll voice so a man has to lean in and really hear you, and you seem so vulnerable and helpless. Who does that in this era? I couldn't even feel much for her when Kelsey dumped her. And on a very shallow note, she wore a very low cut v-neck dress in her THs, and the dimple of one of her over sized implants was distracting.

• Love 3

I liked season 1...and while I think Camille was the villianess of that season, I still think Kyle wasn't so innocent either during that season. she was just over shadowed.

season 1 was more organic then any of the following seasons...and the show keeps trying to recreate that with little to no success.

• Love 2

I liked season 1...and while I think Camille was the villianess of that season, I still think Kyle wasn't so innocent either during that season. she was just over shadowed.

season 1 was more organic then any of the following seasons...and the show keeps trying to recreate that with little to no success.

I have been rewatching episodes from Season 1. While I thought Camille was a great villain that season, she now seems more obnoxious and arrogant than downright evil. But, I am also remembering why I had such an intense dislike of Kyle, and it had very little to do with Kim. There was something about Kyle that was just so organically mean girl. I had so much fun snarking on her and the nostalgia has been overwhelming. What I especially liked about Season 1 was how just how stunning Lisa VanderPump was in a lot of her scenes. She wasn't nearly as made up as she is now and I miss that. Plus, Paul. I really liked Paul.

• Love 6

I watched a part of Brandi's Malibu dinner party today, and Camille's body is freaky. It's pale and bony and doesn't match her head. And her head is just ... I could sort of guess Adrienne's age, but Camille is just 30-55. Also in the episode is Mauricio's mother looking slightly different from 9 hours of face work.

I´ve been re-watching season 1 and enjoying it more than ever. It truly was something special, especially with the Camille stuff  and the way Taylor was over the top. Just reality show gold. What I´m noticing a lot though even though I´ve always loved Lisa V is how incredibly nice and gracious she is. She is kind to everyone, but Kyle is a little bitchy towards her... Sure Lisa makes her jokes but they are not mean spirited, considering how she acts and is.

• Love 7

I'm watching season 2 and I have a really hard time feeling sorry forTaylor. She's a bit psycho and I'm sure it's because her marriage is shit but she manipulates everyone and has a pity party every time she's on. When she comes on my screen with her annoying ass, I usually tell her to STFU and FF through her part. 

• Love 1

Just finished season one.  Loved it!  So much fun and drama.

Camille. Woo boy. She was gold mine for the 1st season. I found her awkward, haughty and annoying, but I felt bad for her at the same time.  To me, she seemed like she felt left out.  What went down between her and Kyle was more about her.....insecurity.

Kyle. I'm not liking her.  I'm not.  I love her with her family, but she is kind of off with the women.  She enjoyed getting under LVP'S skin when it came to Taylor.  It's kind of a shitty thing to do to someone you're that close to, play on their anxiety about your friendship.   Porta is scrumptious! 

Taylor. I'm not liking Taylor very much either.  I don't think she necessarily stirred stuff up about Hawaii, she had no idea that the word had been used against Camille, but she also didn't step in and explain to Camille that it wasn't necessarily derogatory.  Very concerned about keeping up the BH status.  And sad.  Just a general, constant sadness.

Adrienne.  She wasn't around much, but when she was!  Oooooo that's a lifestyle! She's not into the drama. Otherwise, don't know much about her.  The bickering, meh.  I've seen couples do worse. The broken nose stuff bugged me though, no sympathy for him at all.

Kim.  Wow.  I feel she is stunted as a human being. She's too invested in her children and doesn't really know how to behave as an adult. Something messed her up somewhere along the line.  I'm still not sure what happened from the whole season to the last episode. There wasn't any real indications that she had a substance abuse problem and then BAM, there it is. 

LVP.  Still love her.  Would have loved her if I hadn't already loved her.  She's a good friend to have on your side.

Kelsey. Jerk. Coward.  That is all.

Mauricio. He makes Kyle a better person. Actually I think anyone who hangs with Mauricio is a better person for it.  He should do how to be the best husband, father and all around decent guy seminars.

Russell. I don't know what to say.  I know he kills himself. It's very weird watching him, knowing that upfront. Very distant man, who seems to be working constantly to stay in the BH lifestyle. 

Paul.  I think he loved Adrienne more than she loved him.  Some couples bicker. Better they find one another than marry a non bickerer.  He had my sympathy over the 4 year old breaking his nose. 

Ken. Dear, sweet Ken.  I watched him rescue a turtle and call Giggy the prettiest, fluffy thing ever.  Sexy!  Along with his devotion to his family.  He makes me laugh.  During the reunion he gets asked about Lisa's jokes about sex on Christmas and birthdays only and Kens response was they has sex more often than that--she forgot Valentines day.  

Martin.  I kind of liked Martin. He seemed bemused by the whole thing.  And a gentleman. 

Cedric. Thanks for screwing it up for the rest of us.  I wouldn't have minded being adopted, living for free in exchange for picking my stuff up.  Ass.

Dinner party from hell.  I never watched the show Medium and I'm glad about that after seeing her.  I would have peed myself from laughter at the over the top psychic pronouncements and exaggerated vapor smoking.  Was that supposed to make her look tough and or bored? It made her look like a fool.

On to season 2....

• Love 13

So dinner party from heck has raised some serious questions. 

Did Russell beat Taylor? Because I feel like they're alluding to it.  And maybe I should let it play out, but I think I'd rather know now.

And Adrienne!  Don't tell someone who is drunk that they are having a nervous breakdown, even if they are having a nervous breakdown.  Sheesh.  What purpose could it serve?

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Did Russell beat Taylor? Because I feel like they're alluding to it.  And maybe I should let it play out, but I think I'd rather know now.

And Adrienne!  Don't tell someone who is drunk that they are having a nervous breakdown, even if they are having a nervous breakdown.  Sheesh.  What purpose could it serve?

Yes, he caused her an orbital blowout fracture.  She eventually shows up with her face partially covered during the season and filed for divorce. LVP said Taylor had told her the stories of abuse when she and Taylor first met, Adrienne was aware as well.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, dosodog said:

21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Yes, he caused her an orbital blowout fracture.  She eventually shows up with her face partially covered during the season and filed for divorce. LVP said Taylor had told her the stories of abuse when she and Taylor first met, Adrienne was aware as well.

Honestly, this is the most disquieting and frightening storyline in the history of the franchise to me. Because, obviously Bravo got a body count. 

But I still don't know what to think about Taylor. 

Back when this narrative originally aired, there were a number of disturbing inconsistencies in Taylor's accounts of her abuse to the extent that even a self-proclaimed feminist website like Jezebel documented them.

She claimed that Russell had broken her jaw, then only dislodged it. Then circulated a picture of herself featuring horrific bruising around her eyes with the implication that Russell had directly caused it with his fists only to later clarify that it was supposedly from surgery. She was photographed partying the day after she said the orbital blowout occurred.

There were increasingly dramatic and distinctly cinematic yarns about Russell nearly drowning her in a pool by holding her head under water in front of neighbors. 

Once you researched Russell's history, it became clear that he was not a good guy. 

Season 2 was so sad and horrifyingly captivating because it's such a unforgettable study of Taylor unraveling as the walls closed in with such missteps as the threat to sue Camille. I don't have any trouble believing that she and her husband were mutually violent toward each other but I also neve shook the feeling that she was entirely complicit in the long con with Russell and had laid the groundwork for a lifeboat to save herself once the house of cards buckled.

It was jaw dropping, for instance, to see her try to hedge her bets by attempting to nail Camille as the woman responsible for imperiling Kennedy's life. 

My take is that Taylor and Russell intended to target Lisa and Ken for a lawsuit then shifted course once Camille spilled the beans on the fact that Taylor had been regaling the cast off camera with tales of her victimhood. Maybe Russell knew that Taylor had been telling the other women that abused her or maybe he didn't, but Camille became the target for a legal action post-tea party, especially since Lisa was suddenly Taylor's chief ally. With her efforts to play two competing games against each other about to collide, Taylor had to decide whether to go down in flames with Russell or cut the proverbial rope. 

What's bone chilling, though, is that (to me, at least) Taylor had weaponized the abuse as her trump card way back even prior to filming with Adrienne, etc. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, dosodog said:

Omg! I just watched this episode and I swear I had to rewind the shot of an extremely cat-faced Adrienne saying that to Taylor. Like htf did she think that would be helpful?! She was always annoying during Taylor's meltdowns, she would cover her mouth (which I find really obnox even if it was good intention) and the screaming over her at the final Sur dinner. Adrienne could definitely grate. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Honestly, this is the most disquieting and frightening storyline in the history of the franchise to me. Because, obviously Bravo got a body count. 

But I still don't know what to think about Taylor. 

Back when this narrative originally aired, there were a number of disturbing inconsistencies in Taylor's accounts of her abuse to the extent that even a self-proclaimed feminist website like Jezebel documented them.

She claimed that Russell had broken her jaw, then only dislodged it. Then circulated a picture of herself featuring horrific bruising around her eyes with the implication that Russell had directly caused it with his fists only to later clarify that it was supposedly from surgery. She was photographed partying the day after she said the orbital blowout occurred.

There were increasingly dramatic and distinctly cinematic yarns about Russell nearly drowning her in a pool by holding her head under water in front of neighbors. 

Once you researched Russell's history, it became clear that he was not a good guy. 

Season 2 was so sad and horrifyingly captivating because it's such a unforgettable study of Taylor unraveling as the walls closed in with such missteps as the threat to sue Camille. I don't have any trouble believing that she and her husband were mutually violent toward each other but I also neve shook the feeling that she was entirely complicit in the long con with Russell and had laid the groundwork for a lifeboat to save herself once the house of cards buckled.

It was jaw dropping, for instance, to see her try to hedge her bets by attempting to nail Camille as the woman responsible for imperiling Kennedy's life. 

My take is that Taylor and Russell intended to target Lisa and Ken for a lawsuit then shifted course once Camille spilled the beans on the fact that Taylor had been regaling the cast off camera with tales of her victimhood. Maybe Russell knew that Taylor had been telling the other women that abused her or maybe he didn't, but Camille became the target for a legal action post-tea party, especially since Lisa was suddenly Taylor's chief ally. With her efforts to play two competing games against each other about to collide, Taylor had to decide whether to go down in flames with Russell or cut the proverbial rope. 

What's bone chilling, though, is that (to me, at least) Taylor had weaponized the abuse as her trump card way back even prior to filming with Adrienne, etc. 

One thing that was very strange to me, is Taylor volunteered for a domestic violence charity.  Given Russell's past I do not doubt she was the subject to the receiving end of his blows.  The one thing I found daunting is various RH seemed more worried she would not be able to support herself if Russell were turned into for the abuse.  I hope collectively as women they have progressed since those dark days.

At the time I asked a good friend who is a ophthalmologist  who said her injury is common with someone getting punched in the face.  The fact his business partner committed suicide before Russell's suicide was disclosed was an indication to me Russell had some dark days ahead of him.

I always got the impression Russell was targeting Camille more than Taylor and Russell.  He was like the bad egg that would screw up her relationships with other people. Hopefully she and Kennedy have found solace and happiness and I glad they no longer show Taylor-even though she was front and center at the Daily Mail White Party. 

I was happy to wave good bye to Taylor and her tenure on the show.  I just remember her commenting on the seating of her wedding with the warring factions on RHOBH.  http://allthingsrh.com/taylor-armstrong-kim-richards-missing-wedding-reveals-kennedy-knows-father-committed-suicide/#more-27416 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

It's going to be weird seeing all of this after the fact.  I can't even manage what TWOP was like in real time and then when everything came out.

I just finished the episode where we are introduced to Brandi!   I have only seen her in flashback scenes.

I already don't like her.  And Adrienne. Don't like her at all anymore.  Paul is Paul but she just demeans him all the time.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

One thing that was very strange to me, is Taylor volunteered for a domestic violence charity.  Given Russell's past I do not doubt she was the subject to the receiving end of his blows.  The one thing I found daunting is various RH seemed more worried she would not be able to support herself if Russell were turned into for the abuse.  I hope collectively as women they have progressed since those dark days.

At the time I asked a good friend who is a ophthalmologist  who said her injury is common with someone getting punched in the face.  The fact his business partner committed suicide before Russell's suicide was disclosed was an indication to me Russell had some dark days ahead of him.

I always got the impression Russell was targeting Camille more than Taylor and Russell.  He was like the bad egg that would screw up her relationships with other people. Hopefully she and Kennedy have found solace and happiness and I glad they no longer show Taylor-even though she was front and center at the Daily Mail White Party. 

I was happy to wave good bye to Taylor and her tenure on the show.  I just remember her commenting on the seating of her wedding with the warring factions on RHOBH.  http://allthingsrh.com/taylor-armstrong-kim-richards-missing-wedding-reveals-kennedy-knows-father-committed-suicide/#more-27416 

The Taylor imbroglio and the other women's reaction to it was confounding in practically each and every scene to me.

My interpretation of Taylor targeting Camille in partnership with Russell stems from a couple of incidents. Firstly, that beach house meltdown in which she ferally howled "you have no idea what she's done to me" in a scenery chewing redux of "if you can't be my friend, please don't be my enemy." She really did a full court press in both episodes to shaft her chosen villain.

Then, at the white party, she was initially furious when Kyle ejected her until she managed to get it together. Of course, everyone except Lisa behaved really strangely IMO if we are to believe that they earnestly regarded Taylor as a victim. Adrienne was particularly zealous in her determination to publicly deny the Armstrongs admission - it was really confounding that everyone in the cast preferred risking setting Russell off with showy humiliation rather than trying to make their reservations known privately since the situation was so unique.

And Taylor strategically avoided Camille for a while with her choice of Lisa's Vegas trip rather than the competing one hosted by Adrienne.

By the end and well into season three, Camille and the Maloofs really seemed done with Taylor. 

• Love 6

Season 2!

First off.  Why does Kevin Chi Chi Chic Lee not have his own show?   Why?  I'd expect to see over the top parties, weddings, any giant function.  Party porn!

Pandora's wedding.  Very beautiful and elegant.  

Did you know DanaPam's sunglasses cost $25,000?  Who is DanaPam? I think I saw more of her than Kim. 

Martin! I suspect I like Martin because he's not around long enough to annoy.

The Christmas Foil Wrapping Paper Pussy Bow Blouse....Did it have its own thread back in the day?   It should have.  Fugly doesn't even begin to cover it.

On to the ladies...

Adrienne. She just doesn't add much for me.  I found her to be shallow nice.  She just seemed detached for the most part.  She subtly belittled Paul constantly. Paul's not that bad. I also think she was jealous of LVP'S popularity with fans of the show.  Maybe even jealous of LVP'S life in general. I also think the "hurt" over the bachlerette party was loss of publicity. 

Taylor.  She should have been removed for the season.  Knowing her future made her behavior at the functions understandable. Otherwise, she gave Kim a run for looney tunes. Dee Dee and Taylor at Brandi's party.  Crazy! She does too much for her daughter's birthday also.  It's really more about her. Her story is confusing because domestic violence is confusing.  The obvious choice is to leave, but not to the victim. 

Camille. I think she was relieved not to be the bad guy this season. But she had moments that weren't pretty.  I kind of feel she put herself and her feelings in front of Taylor and her abuse when it came out.  I think she was put in a bad spot, but I think what Taylor went through was a priority. It might also have been the first time some of the ladies experienced domestic abuse in their personal circle and that's why they were so surprised Taylor would stay.

Brandi.  No.  Just no.  Too raunchy for me. And it doest feel organic either.  She tries to hard to be crude.  Kim and Kyle tainted her beginnings also. They were awful. She can be fun, but she makes me cringe a lot.

Kyle.  Dislike her even more this season.  I don't know why LVP wants to be friends with her.  She treats LVP terribly at times and seems to put Lisa 2nd to the other ladies.  She has to let Kim live her life. It had to be hard, seeing her sister in such a horrible situation of her own doing, but she's got to let Kim go. And learn to be a better friend to people who have your back.  Portia is still a cute little cupcake. 

LVP.  She is and has everything Vicki Gunvalson wants and aspires to be. I find her funny, but can see why her targets often dont. I firmly believe any animal is welcome to drink out of LVP'S champagne glasses.  She's bold, confident, but sentimental.  The other ladies are jealous. Died of laughter when she laid on the bed and said, Christmas, Birthdays and I guess Hawaii. 

Kim. Was she even really there? I think she has a prescription drug problem. I have a simple solution to her inability to be at places on time. Leave without her.  Just leave her. Y'all will have a better time anyways. And who was that Ken guy? Ewww. She added nothing. Drug addicts are not fun nor entertaining. It's why I don't watch Intervention. 

Paul. I think he's a nice guy.  Totally underappreciated.  I think he'd make a nice, attentive husband or boyfriend. But not with Adrienne, who seems totally bored and squicked out by Paul. He's kind and that scene with him and Taylor at the gate, endeared him to me.  Also how calm, matter of fact and non condemning of Kim when discussing her scrips.  I think I would date Paul if he asked. He also gave me a ROFLMAO moment after his colonoscopy.   All the air being released...

Russell. RIP. You were quiet, scary. I really know nothing about you except for your abuse and control.

Mauricio. Still hot. Still nice. Still suave. His mother seems like the kindest woman.  She should be proud of herself. The Magic of Mauricio indeed!

Jason. Kyles's Ladysitter.  More of him please!  What happened to him?

Ken.  He just amuses me to no end. He's the eye in the Vanderpump hurricane. He's also hot for an old guy.

Gay Bull Mastiff aka Kim's Ken. I would cross the street if I saw him walking towards me. Creep -- pee.

Kevin Lee. Love him! 

Season 3 here I come!  

• Love 5

I, for a long time, doubted Taylor's claims of domestic abuse, but I have come around to believing she was abused but that she was also making stuff up, which is why I doubted her. A lot of the things she claimed didn't make sense and there were events she claimed happened that were later disproven. I think she, like many people (including some so called domestic violence experts), are only familiar with one type of abuse, what I like to call the Lifetime Movie domestic abuse and she tried to make her relationship with Russell fit into that pattern when really it didn't. Those abusers are called pit bulls in the research literature and they account for 25% of all domestic abusers. They are the ones that start off nice and then slowly become more abusive and controlling. Their violence is usually limited to their romantic partners and the women who date/marry these men tend to come from "normal" backgrounds. They often appear to people outside of their relationship as nice guys. One way in which these relationships are different from non-abusive and other DV relationships is that the male/female roles tend to be reversed. Research on couples have shown that most times when couples seek counseling it's the man who wants space and the woman who wants more attention. It's the reverse with pit bulls and their partners. 

There are also cobras, the most lethal type of abusers, who account for 25% of domestic abusers. These men are psychopaths who are violent individuals in many contexts including their romantic relationships. The women who date/marry cobras almost always come from very abusive/neglectful families. The abuse is likely present from very early on, unlike with pit bulls who don't start off abusive.

Lastly, there is the most common type of domestic abuse (50%) which is situational violence. Female abusers tend to be this type of abuser although most abusers are male. Basically, the abuse in this type of relationship usually happens in the context of a fight. The couple fights, as all couple do, but unlike most couples one or both partners becomes physical. This is the type of abuse I believe Taylor suffered. She and Russell would get into arguments and he would hit her. The problem was she thought she had to exaggerate the situation and turn Russell into a pit bull, which didn't add up. Pit bulls are far more controlling than Russell was as shown to be by the freedoms Taylor had. I doubt a pit bull would even allow his wife to be on a reality television show. He certainly wouldn't want her traveling without him or talking to other men the way Taylor was shown to do. 

That's my take on the situation anyway. 

• Love 6

Noooooo.  I was really hoping for one more season before Yolanda showed up.

No Camille. 

Adrienne and LVP? Full tilt war this season? 

I'm not sure I can handle watching Taylor. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I never got the impression that skeptics like Camille were befuddled simply and solely by Taylor's choice to remain in the marriage. They were scratching their heads and didn't know what to believe because, among other inconsistencies, Taylor kept telling telling them her accounts of increasingly horrific and brutal attacks while showing absolutely no physical evidence of almost getting drowned, Russell breaking her jaw, lifting her off of the ground while choking her, etc. 

There are two seminal moments that were absolutely blood curdling during the documentation of the Armstrong tragedy.

The first was when Russell declared in the limo after Kyle had ejected him and Taylor from the White Party that "everything Camille is saying is a lie!" And Taylor proceeds to hustle him out of there as quickly as possible once Kyle is like, "Camille is only repeating what Taylor herself has told us." 

The second was when Taylor literally broke into a grin at the reunion upon being asked about the possibility that Russell had been murdered.

Not domestic violence victim is going to be a saint. But on the flip side of that, just because someone (who changed their name three to four times, lied about Adrienne being the godmother of her children, and allegedly misrepresented herself as a member of the Ford automobile manufacturing family) says they've been abused doesn't make it true. 

Once upon a time, Shannon Beador called the police on her husband and he plead guilty to battery against her. The consensus on here seems to generally accept that he's not a predator despite that plea deal.

*Shrug* I think Taylor and Russell could have put their hands on each other.

But I still believe most if not all of the tales she told on the show and in her book are fabrications. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2012/02/13/new-report-investigates-taylor-armstrongs-abuse-claims-questions-timeline-plus-brandi-glanville-slams-the-richards-sisters/

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 9

Taking a breather to come in here and just say.

Dear God I can't stand Yolanda. I thought it was the Lyme disease, but nope. 6 episodes in and I just can't! 

There is no speck of humility in this woman whatsoever.  Plus she always has a smug smirk.  Everything she does is better, greater, and grander.  Blech.

Kim Richards AND Taylor are just exhausting to watch.

Back to the BH pit.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Fantine.

My actual thought when Cedric started talking about his past was "Is he Cosette? Is he honestly try to claim this?"

I seem to remember reading a blog, maybe STHs, that said Cedric lied about his childhood to Lisa/Ken/everyone. Does anyone else remember this?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I seem to remember reading a blog, maybe STHs, that said Cedric lied about his childhood to Lisa/Ken/everyone. Does anyone else remember this?

I do have a vague memory of something about that. I cannot remember if it was proven that he lied, or if it just sounded made up. I seem to remember Kyle listening to the story and interviewing that something seemed a bit off about it. She didn't trust him at all, and I don't think she believed the story, but I don't remember if it was ever proven/disproven. I just remember being so surprised that Kyle was only hearing that story in that moment, because it seemed like she would have already known about Cedric's history since he was living with LVP. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I do have a vague memory of something about that. I cannot remember if it was proven that he lied, or if it just sounded made up. I seem to remember Kyle listening to the story and interviewing that something seemed a bit off about it. She didn't trust him at all, and I don't think she believed the story, but I don't remember if it was ever proven/disproven. I just remember being so surprised that Kyle was only hearing that story in that moment, because it seemed like she would have already known about Cedric's history since he was living with LVP. 

The difference may have been hearing/seeing Cedric tell it and watching him as he told it first hand.

• Love 1

Rewatching the beginning of S3....so refreshing compared to the past 3 years. We had so many storylines going on, Yolanda made a good entrance, Adrienne sent that ugly ass shady plant to Lisas party! And its like "Where's Waldo" with spotting all the VPR cast members. Tom and Adrianna were in the background of SURs anniversary party.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

FYI: TV ALERT --  Season 1's DINNER PARTY FROM HELL is on today at noon EST.  It never grows old.  Could watch that episode and NY's Scary Island every time they're on!

Thanks so much for this!  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Know that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

FYI: TV ALERT --  Season 1's DINNER PARTY FROM HELL is on today at noon EST.  It never grows old.  Could watch that episode and NY's Scary Island every time they're on!

Thank you. Watching that was a blast. The next show was sad knowing what would happen with Camille and Kelsey. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Thank you. Watching that was a blast. The next show was sad knowing what would happen with Camille and Kelsey. 

Too bad her good friend Allison, who, according to Camille "always knows when your husband is cheating and will tell you so", didn't warn Camille.  Then again, Camille was so awful that my first thought upon hearing the news was "Karma's a bitch, bitch".  I can be petty that way (doing the Camille shrug).  ;-)

• Love 7

Forget Game Night, it should have been called Fight Night...you know it's serious when both Kyle AND Kim have their Richards Sisters Fingers pointed at the same person.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4

I have begun season 4. 

I now know who Kingsley is.  One scene and I believe he totally got shafted by Kim.  Poor fellow had no guidance or boundaries.  Not an expert, still early but I'm going with he lands up fearful aggressive. I do know about some of his life.

But I completely relate to laying on the floor and using my legs to get the ball that went too far.....

WHA!  Vanderpump Rules!

Here's a thought.  How come no one ever put Brandi and Kristen in a scene together? 

Oh boy is Gigi gorgeous.

Carlton!  Looking forward to her.

Joyce's hair is prettier than Kyle's.  OOOO!  YOLANDA JUST REPEATED WHAT I SAID!  Hee!   I think she's jealous of both Kyle and Joyce's hair.  I'm not.  My hair doesn't look fried....Yolanda.

LVP looks (in the words of Mauricio) Ah-Mazing.  Dancing is good for the shape.

Martin! I just believe RHOBH is lacking without the yearly Martin sighting. I do.

Schaena and Brandi. Awkward.  Blah.  Schaena and her teeth. Self absorbed. And then she starts a fight with Stassi at a catered party, they're working at.

Wait.  I think we're blending into VR. 

Season 4 looks good.  Except for the Lyme disease. Boo!

• Love 5
On 7/21/2018 at 8:08 PM, dosodog said:

Here's a thought.  How come no one ever put Brandi and Kristen in a scene together? 

Brilliant!

I feel like Kristen is the one person who might render Brandi speechless.

• Love 2

I'm exhausted.  The dinner party at SUR.  Brandi and Joyce.  Whoa.

Bright spot?

Martin!

And the SUR crew.  Jax, Stassi, Katie, Flatiron Tom and Ariana. Openly watching the whole debacle. And enjoying it!

I just rewatched game night. Kyle may be my all time favorite, and I'm no Brandi fan, but damned if I'm not rooting for her against the Richards sisters. What assholes. 

The best part of watching old stuff again (other than seeing what happens when they gain fans, or don't, and become different people) is stuff like Adrienne defending Brandi's "inappropriate" comments on her first episode. I appreciate that...foreshadowing, I guess, knowing how that comes back later. Maybe in twenty years there will be a YouTube channel where they just react to old episodes. Sadly, I'd be super into that. 

I'd totally forgotten Dana. She was trying so hard. So very, very hard. It's fun knowing that it didn't really work. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I just rewatched game night. Kyle may be my all time favorite, and I'm no Brandi fan, but damned if I'm not rooting for her against the Richards sisters. What assholes. 

The best part of watching old stuff again (other than seeing what happens when they gain fans, or don't, and become different people) is stuff like Adrienne defending Brandi's "inappropriate" comments on her first episode. I appreciate that...foreshadowing, I guess, knowing how that comes back later. Maybe in twenty years there will be a YouTube channel where they just react to old episodes. Sadly, I'd be super into that. 

I'd totally forgotten Dana. She was trying so hard. So very, very hard. It's fun knowing that it didn't really work. 

Dana! I wonder if she ever went to prison or got off with community service? I checked her imdb and no entries past 2013.

• Love 4