Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Adrienne and Taylor filmed with Brandi when she first got on the show. Then after Spa Day Kyle invited her to events, they actually met up for manicure date arranged by Taylor but Taylor was a no show. Brandi kissed up to Camille and Camille was receptive but really warmed up to Brandi when Brandi chose to ask Taylor to leave her party (the Malibu Party) as opposed to Camille's buddy DeeDee. Kyle and Brandi got into it at the Malibu party but Kyle still invited Brandi / did not disinvite or veto Brandi from coming to her events like The White Party or the Hawaii trip.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

The intro they gave Brandi, friend of Adrienne's and old friend of Cedric was a Producer lie told as a way to make a connection between Brandi and the other women. Brandi did not know Cedric and had only met Adrienne 1 time at a charity event photo op and held Adrienne's dog, Jack, while Maloof posed for the cameras. Producer tricks, nothing more. LOL

It doesn't matter whether or not if it was or was not a producer lie.  Lisa made a big deal out of it when Brandi first came on the show. 

• Love 1

It doesn't matter whether or not if it was or was not a producer lie.  Lisa made a big deal out of it when Brandi first came on the show. 

They all did, even Kyle, Taylor and Camille were aghast that a "friend" of Cedric's was on the show! Oh the horror, I tell you, the horror.  LOL They are not allowed to tell the truth, they agree to that when they sign their contracts, even if a lie is told about them.  The producers have the final say about what they want the viewers to hear/see, not the HWs. Brandi has gotten in trouble several times for breaking the "fourth wall" imposed by the producers, so much that she now has someone present, a production/Bravo handler, when she gives interviews about the show. At times it is very hard to know what the truth is and isn't and Bravo/Andy want it that way. LOL 

They all did, even Kyle, Taylor and Camille were aghast that a "friend" of Cedric's was on the show! Oh the horror, I tell you, the horror.  LOL They are not allowed to tell the truth, they agree to that when they sign their contracts, even if a lie is told about them.  The producers have the final say about what they want the viewers to hear/see, not the HWs. Brandi has gotten in trouble several times for breaking the "fourth wall" imposed by the producers, so much that she now has someone present, a production/Bravo handler, when she gives interviews about the show. At times it is very hard to know what the truth is and isn't and Bravo/Andy want it that way. LOL 

I put the Cedric/Brandi ruse squarely on Brandi's shoulders.  She was the one putting it out there that she had Cedric were best buddies -even to the point of declaring Cedric her many.  I think production jumped on her lies and Cedric saw Brandi as a way to get back on the show-which he did ever so briefly.  I don't know if Lisa was entirely innocent and it seems strange to me she would be keeping tabs on Cedric but claims she knew absolutely nothing about her waitress and daughter's close friend having an affair with Eddie Cibrian.  I think this situation was producer induced with Lisa turning a blind eye.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I put the Cedric/Brandi ruse squarely on Brandi's shoulders.  She was the one putting it out there that she had Cedric were best buddies -even to the point of declaring Cedric her many.  I think production jumped on her lies and Cedric saw Brandi as a way to get back on the show-which he did ever so briefly.  I don't know if Lisa was entirely innocent and it seems strange to me she would be keeping tabs on Cedric but claims she knew absolutely nothing about her waitress and daughter's close friend having an affair with Eddie Cibrian.  I think this situation was producer induced with Lisa turning a blind eye.

I can see Lisa keeping tabs on Cedric because:

A - he lived with Lisa and Ken for a long time

B- he stole from them; and

C- he knows where the bodies are buried.

Schema was a. Her daughter's friend

B- Lisa's employee; and

C- the Eddie affair happened years ago.

• Love 5

I can see Lisa keeping tabs on Cedric because:

A - he lived with Lisa and Ken for a long time

B- he stole from them; and

C- he knows where the bodies are buried.

Schema was a. Her daughter's friend

B- Lisa's employee; and

C- the Eddie affair happened years ago.

I don't think Cedric lived with them for a long time. Less than a year I believe. Of course all that he says is suspect, but he produced receipts showing he had lived on his own prior to Lisa being cast in the show. According to him, Lisa was originally not chosen for the cast, but when she floated the fact that she had a gay lay-about living in her home, they became very interested in her.

• Love 3

But, she really didn't make a big deal of it. She stated at the beginning that she would be civil to Brandi, but because of her relationship with Cedric, she didn't see the two of them being friends. That was it.

Lisa even told Kyle to just be civil to Brandi as she was going to do. Kyle took it upon herself to try to ostracize Brandi at that first charity event/meeting.Kyle made a much bigger deal of Brandi coming on the show than Lisa ever did. And, in my opinion, the real reason Kyle was so shitty to Brandi at first had nothing to do with Lisa. I think Kyle was pissed that Brandi was added to the show and the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick wasn't. 

• Love 6

My recollection of the Cedric story was that he worked for Ken and Lisa in Europe and became friends with them as well. After Ken and Lisa moved to the States they sponsored Cedric to come to the States and he lived with them and served as a companion for Lisa and served as an extra pair of hands with their business(es).

Re Cedric and Brandi, I don't see there being a problem if Cedric happened to be an old and dear friend of new girl Brandi. To me that should not be held against her, maybe it would be a reason not to be instantly chummy, but not a reason to be antagonistic. Now I have a problem with her faking this friendship with Cedric as a means to get on the show and define herself in relation to the existing cast, by the way I do think that the producers were in on it. To me you can be introduced on the show in a much more benign way like overstating a relationship with an existing Housewife, for example presenting it as if Brandi and Adrienne were friends when they barely knew each other. To me Brandi doing a photo op with Cedric was an act of aggression against an incumbent cast member. Now personally I think that there was more to the story between what went down between Cedric and the Todds - I don't buy that they were a kind-hearted couple who ended up getting taken advantage of and victimized by a grifter. Nevertheless that is the story that they presented to the public and by and large the public bought it, and then here comes some woman, whose claim to fame is that because her husband cheated on her and left her for his mistress, getting photographed with Cedric and gushing about him being her BFF for years and how her kids love him.

I'm inclined to believe that the women actually knew that Brandi was a fake friend of Cedric's versus a real one and a reason why some were initially distant was more because Brandi was willing to come on the show and immediately be put in an adversarial position against one of the cast members.

On a side note I think that it was interesting that Adrienne was willing to be the one who introduced Brandi to "the group" and the audience. I waver between seeing that as a passive-aggressive way of going up against Lisa, or an indication that she was the producers' toady.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

Wasn't Lisa the one who had a problem with Brandi before she even met her because of Brandi's so called relationship with Cedric?  

Lisa nipped that issue in the bud, taking it up with Brandi in Brandi's first episode (Kyle's charity event). And while Kyle and company were laughing at Brandi, Lisa, Brandi and Martin can be seen in the background still carrying on a civil conversation. So, technically Lisa was the first of the women outside of Adrienne to spend time being cordial to Brandi. (I remember Taylor being overly gushy when she and Brandi were introduced, but then she was all up in the cacklefest minutes later.)

• Love 2

Season 1 was perfection..a good balance of wealthy people, train wreck moments, and fun moments rolled into one. Camille was the perfect villianess...not overly mean or vile...just delusional in a harmless way....seeing her marriage to Kelsey implode during filming is epic.

Where else could the show go.but down when it started off on such a high note...imho

• Love 4

I don't think that Brandi thought her first encounter with Lisa was all that pleasant, yeah Lisa and Martin did not snatch her weave, but they felt the need to "discuss" with Brandi her friendship with Cedric. I remember them cutting to a talking head and Brandi making a comment about Lisa along the lines of, "aren't you too old for stuff like this, aren't you like 60?"

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

I think everyone was doing their job in the Brandi/Cedric introduction. I think producers set up the photo op to get her (and Cedric) on the show, I think Brandi played along to be on the show, I think producers wanted Adrienne to bring Brandi into the fold and she did, and I think the entire cast probably knew about these machinations and went along with it because that is part of their job (which is why no one ever brings it up as ammunition against Brandi).

• Love 3

Brandi's feelings are as reliable as my weather guy.

Sorry Sam Champion!

Like I said no weaves were snatched, and I certainly don't hold it against Lisa for not rolling out the welcome wagon when she met Brandi, and MMV but I don't think that Lisa having a non-wig snatching conversation at a party means that she was among the first to accept Brandi. To me the only person who held out longer than Lisa when it comes to accepting Brandi was Kim.

Given the Cedric situation I don't fault Lisa for keeping her distance, but what has been implied, if not flat out stated, was that Lisa was talking a lot of smack about Brandi to her friends off camera which may have influenced how her friends, which may have been only Kyle, treated Brandi. And just for the record, I do not excuse Kyle for her actions. I remember Camille DMed a Twitter follower, who in turn released the DM, and told him/her that Lisa did not like Brandi or want Brandi on the show or something like that.

Edited by quinn

Lisa discussing/questioning the Cedric tie-in with Brandi was the adult thing to do, so Brandi not grasping that wouldn't be a surprise. But whatever way Brandi felt about the discussion, it doesn't necessarily mean Lisa wasn't courteous on her part.

I think everyone was doing their job in the Brandi/Cedric introduction. I think producers set up the photo op to get her (and Cedric) on the show, I think Brandi played along to be on the show, I think producers wanted Adrienne to bring Brandi into the fold and she did, and I think the entire cast probably knew about these machinations and went along with it because that is part of their job (which is why no one ever brings it up as ammunition against Brandi).

I find this memo from the Executive Producer telling. . . in that he specifically states none of the other RH s will know of Cedric's arrival.  So I think there are times they tell certain RH and times they keep it a surprise.  On RHONJ I do believe Teresa G. knew what was up with Victoria Gotti but not Amber.

http://www.realitytea.com/2012/01/17/rhobhs-cedric-martinez-fires-back-at-lisa-vanderpump-show-proves-he-was-invitied-to-her-party/

I do agree that the others tend to keep their mouths shut but if Brandi keeps talking I am quite certain there will come a day when the real story comes out.  Unfortunately, with Brandi she has told so many versions it will have to come from someone a little more reliable.

Same with Scheana, by the time we see her at SUR-her first day of work at  SUR (she had previously been at Villa Blanca)the closing party for the season, she had already been cast by producers (of which Lisa was one) and all would have known her connection to Eddie Cibrian.  There are just some things that are way too coincidental and Hollywood runs on connections.  Having watched quite a bit of VanderPump Rules-I have always been surprised how sleazy Lisa is and what she allows to go on in her restaurants.

• Love 4

Lisa nipped that issue in the bud, taking it up with Brandi in Brandi's first episode (Kyle's charity event). And while Kyle and company were laughing at Brandi, Lisa, Brandi and Martin can be seen in the background still carrying on a civil conversation. So, technically Lisa was the first of the women outside of Adrienne to spend time being cordial to Brandi. (I remember Taylor being overly gushy when she and Brandi were introduced, but then she was all up in the cacklefest minutes later.)

Are you speaking specifically about spending time with Brandi at the charity function? Because after that, Lisa was pretty content keeping Brandi at arm's length. Lisa didn't show up to Adrienne's barbecue (due to some interview about William's and Kate's royal wedding) and as such didn't interact with Brandi. Lisa was MIA at game night. At the spa day, she was pretty much up Kim's bum when Kim whined about not wanting to speak to Brandi (this was after the game night fiasco), coddling Kim, as well as inserting herself when Kyle tried to talk to Brandi out on the patio. Prior to the spa day, Lisa had more than an entertaining time laughing at tales from game night. Later, the women went to a luncheon that Camille invited them to, and Lisa spent more time trying to get Kyle to engage with Brandi than she did trying to engage with Brandi herself. 

In between all of that, Camille and Taylor were the ones who were quite welcoming and open with Brandi. It's largely why I was taken aback when Brandi started to tear into Taylor at the reunion. I was like, Wait. What happened to the friendship the two had started during the season?

As far as Lisa's revisionist history goes--because it really is. She blows in the wind, that one--I can only roll my eyes. I'm sure this season Lisa will assert yet another history of how she and Brandi came to be friends and then had a falling out. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 4
Now personally I think that there was more to the story between what went down between Cedric and the Todds - I don't buy that they were a kind-hearted couple who ended up getting taken advantage of and victimized by a grifter.

The story/rumor I've heard is that Ken is bisexual and Cedric was more or less there for Ken, not Lisa. And that Cedric was threatening to tell all the tabloids this, which is what caused the big blow up. 

• Love 4

The story/rumor I've heard is that Ken is bisexual and Cedric was more or less there for Ken, not Lisa. And that Cedric was threatening to tell all the tabloids this, which is what caused the big blow up. 

The was also the rumor that Ceric was bi and he was Lisa's lover, that one made it into the tabloids. I have no doubts that Cedric was the one starting all the rumors himself! He was desperate to be on TV.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
Are you speaking specifically about spending time with Brandi at the charity function? Because after that, Lisa was pretty content keeping Brandi at arms length.

Yes, I was speaking specifically about that time, which is when all the women (sans Adrienne) first met Brandi.

As far as Lisa not attending the next two events, I'm not sure how that can be construed into her specifically keeping Brandi at arm's length. We have no idea how Lisa would've acted towards Brandi at those times, as she simply wasn't there.

At the spa day, Lisa was pretty much up Kim's bum when Kim whined about not wanting to speak to Brandi (this was after the game night fiasco), coddling Kim, as well as inserting herself when Kyle tried to talk to Brandi out of the patio. Prior to the spa day, Lisa had more than an entertaining time laughing at tales from game night.

At those points, Lisa had only heard Kyle's recaps regarding Brandi at Adrienne's party and Game Night. And of course Lisa was going to side with and engage Kyle and her version of events, because Kyle was her friend.

• Love 2

The was also the rumor that Ceric was bi and he was Lisa's lover, that one made it into the tabloids. I have no doubts that Cedric was the one starting all the rumors himself! He was desperate to be on TV.

Could very well be. I actually heard the rumor from someone who worked at Bravo and at the production company that produces RHOBH, but I have no idea if it's actually true or not.

I think Cedric was a fairly loyal employee at their clubs and when he was invited into the spotlight on RHOBH, he did not like the treatment he received by kenor Lisa because he was treated as a prop.  If ken is bisexual, I doubt Lisa would allow his love interest under her roof.  Lisa and Ken seem to truly love one another and their children-I just don't see either Max or Pandora turning a blind eye to Ken and Cedric as a couple.

No wonder Lisa has such a low opinion of the tabloids!!!!

I think it was a silly rumor probably thought up by some "reporter" who could not think of anything else to blog about that day.  I don't see Lisa as someone who would be unfaithful to Ken.  The two of them seem to be very much into each other.

• Love 3

Yes, I was speaking specifically about that time, which is when all the women (sans Adrienne) first met Brandi.

As far as Lisa not attending the next two events, I'm not sure how that can be construed into her specifically keeping Brandi at arm's length. We have no idea how Lisa would've acted towards Brandi at those times, as she simply wasn't there.

At those points, Lisa had only heard Kyle's recaps regarding Brandi at Adrienne's party and Game Night. And of course Lisa was going to side with and engage Kyle and her version of events, because Kyle was her friend.

Lisa didn't only have Kyle's recap, though. Adrienne was right there interjecting with, "Oh, no. I talked to Brandi. Brandi said that it was bad that night. Brandi said that she left crying." I'm not sure what other things Lisa needed to hear for the blame to fall solely on Kyle's shoulders. Kyle didn't lie about that night, either. She told Lisa about suggesting "Genius IQ" (whatever game that is) and picking Brandi to go first; she told Lisa about Kim hiding Brandi's crutches; she told Lisa about how Kim didn't want Brandi on her team. Kyle brought up the Winston Churchill bit, and Lisa laughed. Kyle talked about Brandi's drug accusation to Kim and how she (Kyle) had brought up Brandi's kid peeing on the grass, to which Lisa responded something about how if it had been Max she would have blah blah blah.

In terms of not knowing how Lisa would have reacted then, I think the way she was gleeful at Brandi going in on Joyce in Palm Springs tells me exactly how Lisa would have behaved at game night. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 3

I think Cedric was a fairly loyal employee at their clubs and when he was invited into the spotlight on RHOBH, he did not like the treatment he received by kenor Lisa because he was treated as a prop.  If ken is bisexual, I doubt Lisa would allow his love interest under her roof.  Lisa and Ken seem to truly love one another and their children-I just don't see either Max or Pandora turning a blind eye to Ken and Cedric as a couple.

No wonder Lisa has such a low opinion of the tabloids!!!!

I think it was a silly rumor probably thought up by some "reporter" who could not think of anything else to blog about that day.  I don't see Lisa as someone who would be unfaithful to Ken.  The two of them seem to be very much into each other.

I believe Cedric started that rumor and fed it to the tabloids. That is the tabloid story Lisa refers to in her blog and the 1 Kyle refers to at Carlton's lunch when she says that they "all" have these kind of stories in the tabloids, not just her.

• Love 1

I completely agree with Lisa's revisionist history. As an example, Lisa also mentioned in the same blog that she was the first person to be nice to Brandi. She says it just like it is a fact. That is just total bullshit, but it was repeated enough on the Bravo Blogs last year that Lisa started saying it herself. As my mom says, don't piss down my neck and try to tell me it is rain.

I agree that Lisa is giving some revisionist history in a way but I also think that she was the first of the housewives to really try to embrace Brandi. Sure Lisa did it because she seems to like having a sidekick and thought Brandi would be a good person to shoot a lot of her scenes with but I don't think Brandi's motives for befriending Lisa were any better or worse. Both women seemed like they thought they could get use out of the other and they initially seemed to think that if they were going to continue on with this gig that it's important to have allies. This isn't genuine friendship of course but as far as being "friends" for the purpose of the show I feel like the intentions were initially genuine from both women. Once Lisa realized that she wouldn't be able to control the narrative and once Brandi began to feel that Lisa really only wanted her around so that Lisa would look better in comparison it was like each of the women felt that the friendship pact they made for the purpose of the show hadn't been honored.

Adrienne's friendship with Brandi wasn't really apparent to me as a viewer in any obvious way and I think this really crystallized for me when Adrienne pulled a last minute no show during Game Night without even letting Brandi know that she wouldn't be coming. Adrienne knew what the situation was and that Brandi was the new girl who was being met with hostility from the other women right out of the gate and it's clear that Brandi was counting on Adrienne to be there so that she wouldn't feel iced out completely. Camille was friendly enough but like Kyle, Dana, and Taylor, Camille just sat there giggling and petting/hugging Kim while Kim was saying rude things about Brandi. Brandi wonders aloud about Kim's crazy behavior and the new PR improved Camille wants to just pretend that everything is fine and essentially no longer has an opinion the bulk of the conflicts that happen on the show. (The Tea Party was probably the last time we caught a glimpse of the (real IMO) season 1 Camille.) Even though Adrienne hears Brandi's side of the events about Game Night it's Brandi who is offering up a (surprisingly) sincere sounding apology while Kyle is continuing to make excuses for her behavior. It's totally clear here to me that Kyle didn't think she was out of line at Game Night until she started reading and hearing the comments of viewers who thought her behavior was completely vile. Adrienne is also the one making excuses for Kyle's behavior and it seems like pretty much all of the women just expected Brandi to suck it up and move on...which she did! It's so nuts to me because I can't imagine the Brandi we've all come to know would ever handle the same situation in the same way ever again.

In terms of not knowing how Lisa would have reacted then, I think the way she was gleeful at Brandi going in on Joyce in Palm Springs tells me exactly how Lisa would have behaved at game night.

I don't know if Lisa simply lucked out with the timing of the engagement dinner or was actually smart enough to know that Game Night would be a disaster but I would have loved to have seen how she would have behaved that evening. If Game Night had been held on a day where she'd be able to attend I'm inclined to think that Lisa definitely would have been laughing at the Winston Churchill stuff. At the same time I can't really see Lisa enabling Kim the way Kyle, Camille, Dana, and Taylor were.

Kyle didn't lie about that night, either. She told Lisa about suggesting "Genius IQ" (whatever game that is) and picking Brandi to go first; she told Lisa about Kim hiding Brandi's crutches; she told Lisa about how Kim didn't want Brandi on her team. Kyle brought up the Winston Churchill bit, and Lisa laughed. Kyle talked about Brandi's drug accusation to Kim and how she (Kyle) had brought up Brandi's kid peeing on the grass, to which Lisa responded something about how if it had been Max she would have blah blah blah.

I definitely think Kyle seriously downplayed what happened when she was recapping it to Lisa and IIRC she basically admitted that she didn't get into everything that happened that night and that seeing it when it aired was when Kyle seemed to realize that her behavior that night was not okay. Kyle didn't mention the finger pointing, the jack in the box moment, the way they tried to ignore Brandi and ice her out of the game, Kim straight up saying that she didn't like Brandi well before Brandi had done anything, Kyle saying "where you're from I'm sure [peeing on the grass isn't a bad thing]", etc. There was some ultra bitchy stuff done and said that night that was not addressed and I'm really only scratching the surface.

Kyle set the tone for her relationship with Brandi, not the other way around. If they'd been nice/fake nice to Brandi from the beginning all they would have needed to do was wait until Brandi revealed her true colors and Brandi probably wouldn't have gained that early support from viewers. Brandi got sympathy after the charity event and even more after Game Night. How different things might have been if Kyle hadn't been rude to Brandi right out of the gate.

Also, a small thing but it totally bothered me at the time---

Kyle thought then (and probably still thinks TBT) that she was off of the hook for hiding the crutches because she wasn't the one to do it. She sees her sister do it, she knows her sister has done it, she laughs about it with her sister as though she thinks it was a funny thing for Kim to have done, and doesn't help Brandi get the damned things so that she can hobble the hell out of there. Kyle refused to accept any responsibility for the fact that she was still participating in incredibly childish and rude behavior.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 4

Just skimmed through a Radar Online article summarizing all of the nominal revelations Andy makes in his latest book about various Housewives. None of the disclosures were surprising in the least (Alexis or Gretchen from the OC cried and argued when they received word of their termination, etc). But Andy's account of the Beverly Hills season 4 reunion does convince me a little bit more (after his shock-and-horror routine over Porsha Williams' outburst) that he is racist in a casual/institutional way. I guess he was so "fed up" with Joyce's combativeness toward Yolanda that he almost kicked her off of the set. Why does it strike me as a sad inevitability that the woman of color on this show is positioned as the aggressor/problem after enduring one castmate's repeated bigotry, her cohort's apologism, and Yo"s own disrespectful behavior (sitting with your back to someone is a deliberate and antagonistic gesture)?

• Love 4

I hated the reunion and Andy's obvious bias in that situation. I have no idea why he refused to let Joyce speak and allowed Yolanda to be the moderator. Unless he was angry with Joyce for breaking the fourth wall. She called out Bravo for editing out more racist statements from Brandi. She also described a filmed lunch she had with Brandi & Yolanda where they tried to pressure her into trashing Lisa.  Yolanda would yell "cut" when she didn't like what Joyce said.

• Love 6

I hated the reunion and Andy's obvious bias in that situation. I have no idea why he refused to let Joyce speak and allowed Yolanda to be the moderator. Unless he was angry with Joyce for breaking the fourth wall. She called out Bravo for editing out more racist statements from Brandi. She also described a filmed lunch she had with Brandi & Yolanda where they tried to pressure her into trashing Lisa.  Yolanda would yell "cut" when she didn't like what Joyce said.

If Andy had shown the footage of them bad mouthing Lisa, it would have also shown that the plan was to get Lisa from the get go. The conversation between Yolanda/Brandi and Joyce happened very, very early, right after the luncheon at Carlton's house and well before the PR trip, even before the PS trip!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

I never did fully grasp how Joyce ended up in the hot seat. I get how she can be annoying, but it felt like S4 kept trying to make bad Joyce happen and it never did so Brandi and Yo and Carlton just came across crazy.

• Love 4

I do recall Joyce was breaking the 4th wall left and right at the reunion. It was awesome!

She said she had to blog about stuff and pretend she wasn't over it due to mandates by producer, that the producers picked her tag line, she mentioned Brandi's tampon incident, etc.

I think Andy didn't like her because she came across as being nice and intelligent. He doesn't know what to do with that or how to respond.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 4

Joyce definitely deserved a second season. She's beautiful, lives a fabulous life, and is awesome at confrontation. Sometimes I'm baffled by who Bravo chooses to hire and fire. They should have fired Yolanda instead of Joyce.

As for season 4 as a whole, after recently re-watching it's actually a more entertaining season than say S3. I would put S4 behind S2 and S1.

• Love 2

So still on S2 and the "Lisa can't take criticism well" trope is starting. I don't get it. I'm not saying I do think she takes it well, but I think she's on parr with the other housewives. Sometimes she listens, sometimes she doesn't. I've never understood this.

• Love 1

Joyce definitely deserved a second season. She's beautiful, lives a fabulous life, and is awesome at confrontation. Sometimes I'm baffled by who Bravo chooses to hire and fire. They should have fired Yolanda instead of Joyce.

As for season 4 as a whole, after recently re-watching it's actually a more entertaining season than say S3. I would put S4 behind S2 and S1.

Joyce is working on another show and I think Joyce wasn't really up to doing battle with Brandi.  Although Lisa might have appreciated the alliance with Joyce there would have been no going forward with the other ladies if Lisa had Joyce as a fallback.  Joyce did a lot of lobbying in the off season before the Reunion trying to get Lisa V. and Kyle together and Lisa having none of it.  Obviously key in seducing Lisa V. back was the promise of Lisa R.  I do think Lisa V. intent was to make Lisa R. a her new BFF and Lisa R wasn't going to be Lisa V.'s new pawn. 

• Love 2

See, I never bought that Lisa was ever going to leave the show. Sure, she has Vanderpump Rules, but I think that Lisa still loves being on RHOBH. She did all these "pity me" campaigns via her Twitter around the time the reunion aired (well, really, she does it all the time, so it's not all that remarkable), but it felt more like fishing. Lisa came off like she wanted her followers to hop on and beg her to stay because she's so "classy" and "witty" and "fun." But homegirl knew her ass wasn't going anywhere. 

• Love 7

Hawaii trip! Ha! It's so wrong, but I j'adore creepy Ken telling Kyle to drop it and then calmly leaving the table rather than sit around and be scolded by her all night. His "I don't care" cracks me up every time. I'd probably spend 1/2 my life walking away from Kyle's lectures if I actually knew her.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 2

I'd forgotten how much I hated Yo's old hair. It was like a permanent mullet. I could never figure out what it was she was going for. She still needs to add some dimension to the color, but the new bob is a huge improvement.

• Love 1

Because she [bella] flirted with lesbianism?

I thought that was David's daughter? (One dated LiLo's ex, I believe.)

I don't know.  I seem to recall Yo discussing it at home (she was in the kitchen?)  even before she put her foot in her mouth with Andy during the reunion. 

I don't know.  I seem to recall Yo discussing it at home (she was in the kitchen?)  even before she put her foot in her mouth with Andy during the reunion. 

Yolanda had that discussion with Gigi. It was about Gigi wanting to play volleyball, I assumed it was on her HS team, and Yolanda did not approve of that at all and made the comment about women/girl volleyball players being lesbians.

• Love 2

Yolanda had that discussion with Gigi. It was about Gigi wanting to play volleyball, I assumed it was on her HS team, and Yolanda did not approve of that at all and made the comment about women/girl volleyball players being lesbians.

Or drinking, or being too muscular, or staying up late. Yo's not the most progressive lady on the planet.

Part of me wonders if we would be hearing the same "college isn't for everyone" song if it was her son. I get this vibe that Yo thinks the proper path for a young lady is to model for a bit and then marry a rich man and spend the rest of her days having babies and picking lemons for her King.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8

I got the feeling that the lesbian comment on the reunion was someone in the family who believed they were gay and then decided they were not.  I don't think her thinking Gigi wearing jerseys as a kid and being a jock and making the "thought you were a lesbian" stereotype comment was referring to the same person she referred to at the reunion. I don't know why, but I think it was different people.

• Love 2

I got the feeling that the lesbian comment on the reunion was someone in the family who believed they were gay and then decided they were not.  I don't think her thinking Gigi wearing jerseys as a kid and being a jock and making the "thought you were a lesbian" stereotype comment was referring to the same person she referred to at the reunion. I don't know why, but I think it was different people.

The way I remember it is that Andy specifically asked her about her volleyball/lesbian comment in regards to GiGi.  I'm too lazy to check, but I believe that is when she responded that she had no problem with a person's "choice" in regards to sexuality. 

• Love 3

The way I remember it is that Andy specifically asked her about her volleyball/lesbian comment in regards to GiGi.  I'm too lazy to check, but I believe that is when she responded that she had no problem with a person's "choice" in regards to sexuality. 

She did respond using the word "choice" and he, Andy, was not pleased at all and corrected her/called her out on it as did Lisa, Carlton and a few others including Brandi.

• Love 2

It was about Gigi wanting to play volleyball, I assumed it was on her HS team, and Yolanda did not approve of that at all and made the comment about women/girl volleyball players being lesbians.

The irony is, GiGi is probably more exposed to lesbianism living across the country and hanging out with Cara Delevingne.

The family member Yo mentioned who "went gay" or whatever at the reunion was probably her king's daughter.

For the record my take on magazine-gate is the same as it's always been; I think Lisa did technically say what or do it, but in a way to obviously communicate the exact opposite. Because sarcasm. I think Brandi had some bizarro plan about stirring up trouble in PS for Kyle and mentioned the tabloids to Lisa trying to get Lisa to say she should bring them. I think Lisa probably said something like "oh yeah, pack them in your suitcase. That's a great idea! *sarcasim* *eyeroll*". Nothing comes of it and Lisa totally forgets about the whole thing. Months later and out of the blue Brandi brings the whole thing up again. Initially Lisa did flat out denied it. She said on the beach pretty clearly that it was nonsense. I think she was remembering the intent, as opposed to the content, of a throw away conversation from a long time ago. Her intent was never to tell Brandi to bring them and that's what she remembered. However Brandi knows she has enough technical truth to hang her hat on and Kim goes full on dog with a bone mode for her own reasons and they keep at Kyle about it. So it keeps getting brought up at dinner and it finally clicks with Lisa and she remembers her exact wording and figures out what Brandi is doing and realizes she's just got played. I think that's when she decided to leave because she knows Brandi just set her up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I am a new viewer of RHOBH & trying to catch up with the previous seasons. On the season 4 premiere, Kyle hires Lisa V to cater a party at her house. The staff from SUR which appear on Vanderpump rules helped cater the party. Near the end of the party, Lisa leaves & Kyle asks the staff to cleanup & make sure that the house is back in its original shape. The staff seem to be shocked at having to cleanup. I find this bizarre. Why wouldn't Lisa tell the staff what cleanup is needed before they leave? Why was Kyle left to try & explain to Lisa's employees what work needed to be done?. If I had hired caterers , I would be upset at being abandoned by Lisa V.

• Love 2

I am a new viewer of RHOBH & trying to catch up with the previous seasons. On the season 4 premiere, Kyle hires Lisa V to cater a party at her house. The staff from SUR which appear on Vanderpump rules helped cater the party. Near the end of the party, Lisa leaves & Kyle asks the staff to cleanup & make sure that the house is back in its original shape. The staff seem to be shocked at having to cleanup. I find this bizarre. Why wouldn't Lisa tell the staff what cleanup is needed before they leave? Why was Kyle left to try & explain to Lisa's employees what work needed to be done?. If I had hired caterers , I would be upset at being abandoned by Lisa V.

Yea, it was a totally WTF moment indeed. It seemed awkward for Kyle to have to be the one to break the bad news, since I am sure she just assumed this would be part of the service. 

If memory serves, Lisa acted all along like she was doing Kyle some type of a favor by having her STD crew of assholes do the only work that I will assume they are qualified to actually do.