Type keyword(s) to search

How to Speculate With Spoilers: Briefing the Case

Since the show is still currently shooting, these are casting notices for the second half of the season:

Women to play clients at an abortion clinic

Guests at an upscale New Years Eve party

A spoiler from Entertainment Weekly:

Anything How to Get Away with Murder? — Jason
We’re actually going to learn a lot more about Rudy, the mysterious law student who inhabited Wes’ apartment before him that apparently went crazy. “I want that to be a slow burn story, but we will definitely understand how those scratches came to be,” says executive producer Pete Nowalk, who humored me when I floated a theory that the Bonnie could have something to do with his breakdown. “You’re not far off at all. No theory is far off.”

From Entertainment Weekly

Thanks for all the How to Get Away with Murder scoop. What else you got? — Max
Here’s a fun fact: Sam’s murder has come right before Christmas vacation. “They’ve now murdered someone and they’re supposed to all go off in their separate directions,” showrunner Pete Nowalk says. “We’re going to get a glimpse of that in one of the episodes, like what happened over Christmas break and how they all had to return to their families and loved ones in probably the time of their lives that they least feel like the people they used to be.”

• Love 1

Spoilers from TCA panel (this was a panel for all of Shondaland, so Grey's & Scandal spoilers were mixed in)

2.  How to Get Away with Murder won’t always include murder. “I think the premise of the show for me is that things get more and more complicated, whether or not that means a murder each season, there’s going to be a mystery,” executive producer Pete Nowalk said.

8. Annalise has a big season ahead of her on Murder. “The big question for Annalise starting this season, about a week after we left off, is ‘What has she wrought?’” Nowalk said. “Other big thing really focused on is we’re going to reveal a lot more about their backstories, how they met each other, what dark, twisted things happen to them in the past which now made them the people in the present. That’s what we’re super excited about in the writers’ rooms, is coming up with fresh, new storylines for these people that you think you know at this point in the show but you don’t know them at all.”

I'm guessing this refers to how Annalise, Sam, Bonnie & Frank all met. We pretty much know how the students met each other.

• Love 1

^ interesting. It makes sense to dive into the Annalise/Bonnie/Frank/sam? history considering how season 1 ended. I'm still waiting for some more Wes background/stuff though. I feel like we know the least about him compared to the other Keating 5.

• Love 2

Everything released for the next ep so far is here- sneak peek, promo pics, press release, and promo.

I was surprised no one mentioned Bonnie staying to take care of her. That many meds plus not being allowed to drink looks like an overdose waiting to happen for Annalise.

I first noticed it in the promo but Bonnie looks awesome in this clip. I hope this new look sticks.

I care that Asher is fine (and she had better have intimate knowledge). I'm glad to hear all the kids are. I DO NOT care if Wes is fine.

I just cannot imagine a scenario in which Annalise has access to (and was left with) a baby. I wonder if it's a flash-back or hallucination from meds and/or alcohol.

My first thought was that it was a flashback, but her hair isn't "flashback hair". It's a wig we have seen before. That doesn't rule out a flashback, of course, but it makes it less likely to be something in the distant past, and I can't imagine where the baby came from in the recent past.

Maybe it's Michaela and Caleb's /sarcasm.

• Love 1

It may be the baby of her current client. In the sneak peak they're still talking about cases although I think it was the current Caleb case. But I bet Annalise will still take on new clients and maybe the new client whoever it may be, tries to leave their baby with her. 

I can't wait till this show comes back.

• Love 2

At this point I'm expecting that Anna put Rose's life in danger, sent her off into witness protection minus Cristophe but plus her own baby, covered it up with a fake suicide/stillborn baby con, and has been keeping an eye on Wes from a distance ever since. Wes is prime for suppressed memories resurfacing.

• Love 1

This is an article from before the winter premiere, but I'm going to post it since some of the points discussed are still relevant for future episodes: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/10/how-get-away-murder-season-2-spoilers

It's an interview with Pete Nowalk.

One part I wanted to pull out:

Will we get to meet Wes’ mother?
We’ll meet Wes’ mother, because that’s the murder mystery we’re trying to solve.

Since there has been much discussion over what the murder is for this half of the season, and whether or not Wes' mother's death was actually a suicide, I thought this was particularly interesting.

• Love 1

One of the questions Pete Nowalk asks is 'Does Annalise have brothers and sisters?', saying it will be fun to find out. Don't we already know she has brothers and sisters from when her mother visited and said that she took Annalise and her brothers and sisters to the aunt's house or wherever, the night she let the Uncle's cigar burn the house down? Or am I mis-remembering?

• Love 1
On 10/8/2016 at 5:10 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I sure wish I could find some spoilers.  Man, things must be pretty tight around there.  Anyone know who's under the sheet AND who's alive in the house?

I was finally able to watch last week's episode this morning, and now I'm wondering if the dead person under the sheet is a misdirect and someone we don't care about, with the alive but badly burned person being someone we do care about.

If so, then I think badly burned but alive person is Connor because it gets Falahee off the show but keeps the character alive and allows a return guest apperance down the way.

Not sure if this counts as a apoiler, but from Insta, Falahee has cut his hair and beard much shorter than it currently is on the show.

Now maybe the show is just taking a break from filming or theyre doing flashbacks or jumping forward in time.

But Falahee changing his appearance definitely supports it being Connor under the sheet.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Not sure if this counts as a apoiler, but from Insta, Falahee has cut his hair and beard much shorter than it currently is on the show.

Now maybe the show is just taking a break from filming or theyre doing flashbacks or jumping forward in time.

But Falahee changing his appearance definitely supports it being Connor under the sheet.

I saw that pic.  He is holding an axe with the caption "In case you forgot I'm on a show about murder, here's a pic of me with an axe."  But a look at CW's Instagram (which is adorable btw, I forget how attractive he is on the show for some reason) shows that he seems to have kept the buzzed cut that Frank is rocking this season.  But AE has nothing scheduled really for post-production or anything like that.  Only CW and JF.  If I had to guess who's under the sheet, I'd probably guess Connor, with Laurel being revealed as the first K5 survivor as a red herring to make us think it's Wes.  Every season the answer has been Wes, therefore, all the interviews have said it's "someone different".  Also, I remember on GoT when Jon Snow "died", the actor wasn't booked on any upcoming projects because he was still with the show.  AE would definitely be one that would have something coming up.  JF has the most, so I'll guess him with the Instagram pic being a red herring. 

Aja's instagram story today showed Alfie in the make-up trailer getting ready for shooting a scene. I'm not sure where they are in the filming schedule but I'm leaning to Connor or Frank under the sheet.

HtGAWM is part of Shondaland. It's notorious for being bank vault tight against leaks. Social media pics could very well be a clue but I take them with a grain of salt. I've been burned too many times by seemingly obvious conclusions with Shonda's other shows.

Promotional photos and press release for 3x07- Call It Mother's Intuition. A few questions- I wonder who the guy is talking to Annalise at the AA meeting. I don't recognize him. Nothing good comes from the full K5, Bonnie, and Annalise having one of their dark meetings at the house. Interestingly, everyone seems to be dressed for court but Wes. And finally, anyone recognize this house? I feel like I've seen it before but I don't think it's Bonnie's. She lives in an apartment. It's obviously not Annalise's. Bonnie looks very at home there so I think it's got to be someone we know.

46 minutes ago, l star said:

And finally, anyone recognize this house? I feel like I've seen it before but I don't think it's Bonnie's. She lives in an apartment. It's obviously not Annalise's. Bonnie looks very at home there so I think it's got to be someone we know.

It looked like it might be Nate's house? I can't remember exactly what his looks like, though, so I could be wildly off. I'm also not sure why Bonnie would be chilling at Nate's with a glass of wine, but you never know what could happen.

On 10/16/2016 at 0:18 PM, Dancingjaneway said:

I don't think Alfred's pic is a clue but I think JF's pic is a real possible give away. I really hope not because I will be PISSED. 

I don't know why anyone thinks that pic means something. While it wasn't obvious at the time, it's now quite clear that it was an old pic. He's posted a bunch of other, more current, pics recently that show him still having the longer hair and fuller beard. 

• Love 1

I also think it will be one of the K5. No matter if it ends up actually being Laurel after we've been given a false sense of security or if it's another one of them under the sheet, something keeps telling me it's one of them. 

I saw an interview Karla Souza did last week and she talked about it being heartbreaking, that they had to stop filming for several hours after it was revealed to them because they were all so upset, how she expected the fans would feel just as strongly about it. Yes, she could have been talking it up....I mean that is what they do press for, I know. However, I just don't see where Nate or Frank dying would be that earth shattering to the audience. Sure, losing any cast member would be hard on them, but for us as the audience? I think the only characters that would get such strong reactions would be one of the K5. She also said while heartbreaking it would set the scene for some really good plot points. I keep trying to think of it in that sense. Again, at this point, Frank dying really wouldn't have repercussions that went through the entire cast. Same goes for Nate. Wes dying would absolutely set the scene for so much. I still don't think they have the balls to kill him off though. I say as I remember Patrick Dempsey's departure..........

40 minutes ago, apn85 said:

I also think it will be one of the K5. No matter if it ends up actually being Laurel after we've been given a false sense of security or if it's another one of them under the sheet, something keeps telling me it's one of them.

Laurel can't be under the sheet and barely alive in the basement at the same time.

If they had her under the sheet and she magically came back to life for when we see her in the hospital, that would be a total cop out and not at all what the cast has described to us in terms of the emotional impact of the episode.

If it is one of the K5, I hope it's Wes, but I will continue to cross my fingers that it's Nate, because he's the only one I wouldn't be disappointed to lose. I suppose I would also be okay if it was Asher - I don't think he makes such an impact that I would really miss him if he was gone. Really, as long as Connor and Frank are okay, I'll be fine.

No...no....I know Laurel can't be both places lol. What I meant was what if there has been so much hype surrounding who was under the sheet that we totally missed the one to die which has been right in front of us the whole time. As far as the audience is concerned, Laurel is safe. She's in rough shape, but she's alive. Yes, Annalise had a huge reaction, but she was also doing some shady business out there slipping that phone to Oliver to wipe clean. So was she really upset or was that an act? Was there something on the phone that would incriminate her or link her to the fire? 

I was meaning either/or. Either it IS someone we care about under the sheet OR what if we were thrown off the trail on purpose by Annalise's reaction and Laurel being found alive only to discover the body under there really didn't matter that much and well.....Laurel dies despite initially being found alive and receiving medical attention. 

I am just ready to find out! I hate suspense!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If Wes actually is the one #UnderTheSheet, i'll be crying tears of joy!

He is under the sheet.  I'm the opposite.  So many tears of sadness.

He wasn't killed in the fire, he was killed and planted there.  I get the feeling that the Mahoney's figured it out and killed him and planted his body at Annalise's house after getting him to pin everything on her as some type of blackmail deal.

13 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

It's not Wes it's Frank. The preview for Jimmy Kimmel spoiled it. Charlie Webber is his guest tonight. 

Im starting to think my cable provider fucked up and it isnt Frank. 

Becsuse my cable provider has this feature where you can search for any shows/movies that a particular actors appears in.  I searched for Charlie Weber jusy now and he isnt sxheduled for any talk show appearances like you'd expect whoever is killed off to be.

So Pete confirmed that Annalise has been arrested for Wes's murder.  I wonder if that means they will ever bring up Rebecca again because I am interested in why they would assume that Annalise had killed Rebecca at this stage.

Anyway, it also appears that the anonymous source is not Wes necessarily so is it an anonymous source who is saying that Annalise killed Wes because that is what the charges were based on.

7 minutes ago, sking24450 said:

So Pete confirmed that Annalise has been arrested for Wes's murder.  I wonder if that means they will ever bring up Rebecca again because I am interested in why they would assume that Annalise had killed Rebecca at this stage.

Anyway, it also appears that the anonymous source is not Wes necessarily so is it an anonymous source who is saying that Annalise killed Wes because that is what the charges were based on.

I think her story will be done by the end of the season, but I think that Wes' end story will be about Rebecca. He knows that Annalise had something to do with Rebecca's death. Now that her body has been found, I think Wes' whole purpose being at Annalise's house is to question her about Rebecca's death. 

We know there is someone else that turned Annalise in to the police for Wes' murder and arson, so that's the other question that'll be explored. 

Per TV Guide (they have a slideshow of previews for returning shows)

Where We Left Off: That glimpse of Wes (Alfred Enoch) in the future was alas just a fake-out. He was revealed to be the dead person #UnderTheSheet -- but he was already dead before Annalise's (Viola Davis) house exploded.

What's Next: Yes, Wes is really dead. The remaining six episodes of the season will show the lead-up to his death and who killed him. The midseason premiere picks up hours after the finale and will reveal Laurel's (Karla Souza) baby daddy, along with a major story involving Michaela's mom Trishelle (Brett Butler). Also look for Annalise to reevaluate her relationship with Frank now that she's in jail. "I think for Annalise it's, is she going to need him now? We've never seen her be less powerful than in this moment," showrunner Peter Nowalk tells TVGuide.com. Returning guest stars include Corbin Reid as Meggy, Luna Velez as Hargrove, and Cicely Tyson and Roger Robinson, respectively, as Annalise's parents.

• Love 1

Asher beats the shit out of Connor, I knew it. I was wondering why Connor's face had all those bruises in one of the stills I saw. I was like did he get into some car accident?  I think it was one where they were sitting in Bonnie's house you can see the bruises/cuts. Anyway, I cannot wait, he must of said some shit, because Asher gives him a right hook in Laurel's hospital room, Michaela sitting there shrieking. I cannot wait. Asher is someone who I think lets stuff build up and then he just explodes. He's nice, thoughtful, jokes around, you keep making fun of him,  but then it builds, I can only imagine Connor must has said some smart ass inappropriate shit.

And of course some of the outrage will be, oh lord, don't touch Connor's face. Please don't fuck around with that perfect face LOL. He's too pretty, don't mess with it.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 3

It makes sense. Asher actually looked broken up about Wes dying in 3x09. OTOH, Connor just stood there stonefaced (likely trying to contain his glee). If Connor says something nasty about Wes or Wes/Laurel, I can see why Asher might want to clock him.

• Love 4