Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Mama Said Knock You Out

I'm seriously over this show. I don't even know why I am still watching. I liked it when Olivia was a fixer fixing things. I don't care about what is going on in the White House or with B613. And, I'm tired of everyone being stupid.

No one thinks it might be a bad idea to leave what-his-face with Adinan? Given their history?

Quinn tells her psychopath boyfriend about Puck and didn't expect him to go all... well... psychopath?

Edited by 90PercentGravity
  • Love 2

Oh Mellie - I knew last week that you were going to be the one on the cross for finally getting laid.   No big surprise there, it actually made me laugh out loud in it's .... obviousness.

Sorry Shonda, I'm still gonna love her, like nobody's loved her - come rain or come shine.  Or your stupid tweets about Mellie and Fitz's sex life.

Love cold as ice Jake.  See now, Jake and Mellie I could go for big time.

I need Mama Pope to realize that for her (and my) greater good, she has to put a bullet in both her daughter and her ex.

The rest is just lipstick on a pig.

• Love 2

There is something seriously wrong when the thing that strikes me the most about an episode is that the kids aren't more attractive, and that Mellie never taught her daughter about the joys of Big Hair.

Because the rest of the internal logic is fiiiiine.......

• Love 4

"Glass houses, Olivia." Loved it! That kind of line sure does make OliviaPope look like a stupid hypocrite. It's really kind of hard for people to take you seriously when you tell them to stop doing what you're doing.

I wonder how Quinn got to be the most compelling female character on this show, to me. I never would have guessed that could even happen but it has. I'm interested in which pyscho  torture kills which pyscho first, lol

At least Charlie, Huck and Quinn know that they are psychotic. That makes them smarter than damn near everyone else on this show.

• Love 4

I finally figured out who Jerry is. It's the kid that played Jack's son on LOST.  Anyway, I love Scandal and the crazier it gets, the more I like it. I am also the only one in that special handbasket that like Quuck. *ducks* Quinn and Liv apparently both bought thir front doors from the same company, because their men folk seem to stroll up in their apartments any time they feel like it

• Love 1

There's way too much face-licking on this show. 

I love Mellie and I swear she is the only thing keeping me watching. I cannot believe (yes I can) what a hypocrite Fitz is. She's gonna tell him about Big Jerry soon, right? It will be interesting to see his reaction and their relationship after that. 

Between Kerry and Guillermo, I am so over the choices these actors make. It's painful to listen to them speak at times. And is it rubbing off on others or is this how they're directed to deliver their lines? Everyone is starting to sound alike, but Kerry and Guillermo are the worst. 

• Love 4

Karen was played by Madeline Carroll. She was creepy child schizophrenia patient on Private Pratice and foster kid who had lost all pain feeling on Grey's.  Seriously expected Karen to be *something* more complicated than a teenage girl...with cheating parents.  Waste of a great actress.

(edited)

I don't understand the depiction of Mellie as a frigid Prudey McPrude.  Am I hallucinating, or didn't she in one of the earlier seasons bring Fitz a scotch when he was in the shower and jump on in?  Of course, he just looked bored and put-upon, but the idea that Mellie is a cold fish doesn't play. 

I was thinking in the last episode that Scott Foley is the only one who manages to sound halfway natural delivering the affected Shonda-speak.

I'm going to make a speech.  A speech.  And you are going to listen.  Listen.  Because. It. Is. Important.  It is important.  It's important.  We are important.  You are important.  This is important. 

Also, I don't understand what's going on with Olivia's mother. It's like all of her scenes involve her splaying out on a hotel bed for some reason.  What's happening?  Just as Olivia has to be filmed hiding behind something, does her mother have to be filmed sprawled across something?

B613, Quinn, Huck, Charlie are all just too much of a bad thing.  I know Pope & Associates is mythic thing from a bygone era, but if Quinn isn't going to be an "Associate" any more, why does she need to continue to be on the screen? 

Edited by annlaw78

You remember right!

Even though I can retcon that Mellie could have had several frigid years after her rape (even if she took a break to to fill out Fitz's family for the sake of his career), and that by the time she was interested in Fitz again he had a mistress, I don't think that the Mellie of S1 and 2 was at all written like a rape survivor. I wonder if the writers have started to like either the actor or the character and wanted to make her more sympathetic, belatedly.

• Love 2

You remember right!

Wow, nicely done! 

I'm no psychiatrist, so I can't speak intelligently on what a rape survivor would or would not do, but I have a hard time with the idea that Mellie, especially acid-tongued, barb-throwing Mellie in the early seasons, would swallow all the crap and venom Fitz threw at her, without at some point breaking, Lisa Swenson-style, and yelling at him, "Your father assaulted me.  ASSAULTED ME."  Her hand-wringing and room-fleeing in this episode felt, just, "off," though I think we're to believe Mellie is trying to spare Fitz the truth about his father (and, possibly, his son's paternity).

I'm going to make a speech.  A speech.  And you are going to listen.  Listen.  Because. It. Is. Important.  It is important.  It's important.  We are important.  You are important.  This is important.

I marathoned this show. The first two seasons were so much better than this one, which is just becoming both dull and silly. B-52 is so boring, I just cannot care. And the characters are all starting to talk in the method AnnLaw78 points out -- staccato, overly dramatic, and in short bursts. It's silly.

I like Mellie. Olivia has lost all of her power as a fixer, a mover and shaker. She's just the mistress now. Having the gang scour budgets to find the source of B-52's funding is also silly -- the budgets are all public, and the money for a black ops outfit like B-52 wouldn't appear in a line item. (I call it B-52 because I can never remember all those numbers, sorry, Shonda.)

I enjoy this show in spite of all the characters - all of them - making Thee Most Horrible Choices Ever... but trying to get me to somehow feel pity/empathy/forgiveness for Fitz by calling Mellie frigid is a cheap ploy.  There is no coming back from the reprehensible person that he has been written him to be.  I will never root for him and Olivia or him and anyone else.  Also, at some point, I'd like to see him tried for the murder of Justice Thornton.  But that's just me.

• Love 1

I enjoy the show for all it's outrageous and improbable story-lines, but I cannot for the life of me understand why Fitz is such a special snowflake. Here again we get yet another example of it.  I can understand Liv protecting him this time since it;s her job to ensure he wins the election and all. But I no longer see any trace of the man deemed so good that it was worth stealing the election just to ensure he was in office. Everyone's actions just make it more and more apparent that Fitz is not only not a good man, he's a big baby. 

• Love 2