Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Something Wicked This Way Comes

• Start Topic

That seems like a significant piece of information to edit out but, now that I read that, it does make some of the results make more sense (such as the branches on Helen's design).  Thank you for sharing that interview...anyone who is interested in Chris's side of things will find it illuminating:  allprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2014/11/bpr-interview-with-chris-march-continued.html.

That link is just taking me to the first page of this thread.

I copied and pasted, and that worked. I just figured you'd want to know about the link. I've seen that with other links, too. I'm not sure why it happens.

I absolutely appreciated you pointing it out.  I don't know how it happened but it is strangely hard to correct.  Many thanks! 

Maybe that's where they were going with the whole "looks can be deceiving" not everything is as it appears.... that "Wicked" things aren't always what they appear, so they had to mix good and wicked....

But they definitely left out what was sort of an important part of the challenge...

If they had explained that they had to have the mix of both wicked and good in their design (80/20), then there is no way Fabio's could end up in the bottom.  It would have been in the top, IMO.  He had the 'good' look from the front, very sweet and simple, and then the daring, slightly S&M look from the back, with his use of straps, and pants that were a surprise (since you couldn't see them when she walked down).  I wish we knew if the judges were even told that the designers were supposed to incorporate some of the opposite in their look, or if having been told, they chose to completely ignore it. 

• Love 1

I think my main problem with Fabio's look was the pants.  That black & white floral-ish print struck me as way too casual.  Throw on a black tank top & some flip flops and you have a suburban mom's Saturday outfit.     Maybe if he had used a black sequin fabric or something more swanky for the pants it would have read more dramatic. 

Though all the straps & buckles in the back did come off rather "medical" to me.  But I like him.  

• Love 1

If you read the interview with Chris on blogging project runway blog he explains that the challenge shown on TV was different than the one they were given. They were supposed to incorporate 20% of the other good or bad into the design. So in all actuality his was supposed to be a percent wicked in 20% good. The edited out that fact

Actually, thank you for telling me because it only confirms what I had already perceived - there is more going on than what they show.

I think my main problem with Fabio's look was the pants. That black & white floral-ish print struck me as way too casual. Throw on a black tank top & some flip flops and you have a suburban mom's Saturday outfit. Maybe if he had used a black sequin fabric or something more swanky for the pants it would have read more dramatic.

Though all the straps & buckles in the back did come off rather "medical" to me. But I like him.

It wasn't just the print of the fabric. It was like some weird satin poly blend with an ugly sheen to it. Ew. Edited by BathKol

NoThyme said:

If you read the interview with Chris on blogging project runway blog he explains that the challenge shown on TV was different than the one they were given. They were supposed to incorporate 20% of the other good or bad into the  design. So in all actuality his was supposed to be a percent wicked in 20% good. The edited out that fact.

Thanks! Finally saw the episode and I agree with lilwhitelion that Fabio's look now makes sense. When I saw it, I thought he alone took Ephalba's explanation to heart.

• Love 1

Maybe that's where they were going with the whole "looks can be deceiving" not everything is as it appears.... that "Wicked" things aren't always what they appear, so they had to mix good and wicked....

But they definitely left out what was sort of an important part of the challenge...

and it explains a lot about why Chris had a pink ruffle.

• Love 1

Okay, I can kind of understand why they wouldn't want Chris to mention BRAVO, specifically, but to not be able to even mention anything that happened on his season?

No wonder if feels as if Lifetime and the producers are trying to completely kill off PR!!

I hope any other designers from the first five seasons read that and take note. If I were one of them, I would not even consider coming back to do All Stars.

Holy crap, I'm almost to the point of wishing this tired ass shit would just go off the air and take Tim Gunn with it! And Alyssa's wardrobe, too.

I know Dimitry has a lot of fans, but I have always thought and still do that all his dresses look exactly alike. They all have a skater/ballroom/Eastern European club look that isn't terribly fashionable in my opinion.

This.  During his season and for his final collection, he did come up with some well-tailored, classier pieces, as I recall.  But so far all we've seen is clothing for Ekaterina the Ice-Dancer Who Moonlights As A Disco Bottle-Service Hostess.

Sonjia's dress was AMAZING.  Where did she come from??  I don't remember her on prior seasons.

Poor Chris.  His dress was an epic fail.  Just horrid and cheap looking.

Poor Alyssa.  Her styling was again an epic fail.  There needs to be some turnover on her staff ASAP.

It just occurred to me that Alyssa's outfit when she descended from the Wicked heavens was a riff on Dorothy. Except Alyssa is so far along in her pregnancy that they had to make it, um... well, it ended up looking like that. Only explanation I can think of for those shoes.

Okay, I can kind of understand why they wouldn't want Chris to mention BRAVO, specifically, but to not be able to even mention anything that happened on his season?

No wonder if feels as if Lifetime and the producers are trying to completely kill off PR!!

I hope any other designers from the first five seasons read that and take note. If I were one of them, I would not even consider coming back to do All Stars.

Holy crap, I'm almost to the point of wishing this tired ass shit would just go off the air and take Tim Gunn with it! And Alyssa's wardrobe, too.

You basically answered your own question, lol. That is why no one from Bravo PR has ever come back. They're most likely wiser, and asked point blank what stipulations they would be given as they were contestants on the mother network. Once heard, they did not continue on. I don't think Chris thought about it till later on, once he was in the mud.

At the elimination, Chris looked like he was channeling Jeffrey Sabelia when Jeffrey was aufed during the last PRAS. The only thing missing was a sad grandpa cardigan. (Sigh.)

On the bright side, I saw Chris's line of "Big Fun" holiday merch at Target the other day. He's doing just fine without a PRAS win, thank you very much. 

• Love 1