Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Something Wicked This Way Comes

• Start Topic

OMG, this is one of those episodes that you realize you were seeing something very different than the judges.   I cannot believe they let Helen stay for that monstrosity.  I didn't particularly like Chris's outfit but I understood the vision and it represented the theme IMO. 

How could the judges have possibly considered Samantha's look a Top 3?   In what universe?  It looked like it was held together on a wing and a prayer -- flimsy, and absolutely looked like she had just thrown it together.

I give up.

• Love 21

Very bummed :(    Chris has always been one of my favorite designers and I'm very sad to see him go. I actually really loved his dress, it was Wicked and interesting and I thought it had a very cool look to it.  

There was a whole lot of fug on that runway and Chris's dress was definitely not the worst!! Michelle's dress was sooo boring! I liked Chris's so much more. I also thought Helen's dress was one of the ugliest things ever... I did love the comment about how it looked like she could set things on it or that it would open up into a cabinet :P

But overall, I felt like the judges were smokin' something this week...though I do like the dress that they chose for a winner, so I guess that's something... I liked Justin's dress a lot too, sad that he was just in the middle.

• Love 6

Michelle's dress was worse than the other three in the bottom. Same boring color palette and another awful design. I didn't watch Dimitri's season but it annoyed me when she called his dress cooter-ure. Bitch needs to go away.

Helen's dress was awful but she should've been eliminated for that crown thing she wore on the runway. Don't these people look in the mirror?

• Love 10

Yay, Sonjia! I thought hers was the best and was the ONLY one that would look good on display at the theater.

Also happy they did NOT cut Fabio, even though I thought his choices were so bad tonight. But I love him and want him and his good nature and his future designs to stay.. He was so gracious to the judges. Ahem, Chris.

These designers seem so much more mature and sure of themselves (in a mostly okay way) than the ones in the regular season. They even seem sincerely fond of one another. It's relaxing! I can't bring myself to dislike any of them. :)

• Love 5

I didn't mind Helen's dress and thought it fit the fantasy couture theme. Chris' dress looked liked a ripped tee shirt and too much a parody of a wicked witch dress, though I like Chris as a person. It seemed to me that he hasn't even tried since he has been on the show this time around. Dimitry's dress looked like an ice skating uniform from the front, but was kind of cool in the back.

I know Dimitry has a lot of fans, but I have always thought and still do that all his dresses look exactly alike. They all have a skater/ballroom/Eastern European club look that isn't terribly fashionable in my opinion. I expected more from Fabio this time around. 

• Love 6

Samantha's dress was terrible. TERRIBLE! What on Earth???

My husband and I both really liked Chris' dress. But then, we're "gothy", so maybe that's why.

My favorite dress of the bunch was actually Kate's! I thought it was equal parts Bad-ass and Beautiful.

I liked Sonja's (sp?) dress, but I did not like the material she chose for the skirt. I thought THAT looked like a bedsheet.

ETA: Michelle's and Fabio's were also terrible! But I love Fabio, so I'm glad he was safe. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 2

I'm glad Chris is gone. He really didn't seem to be in it and came across pretty miserable most of the time. I'd love to see him in a Fashion Fund type of show where we see the real business of this industry.

Edited by 20PearlGirl
  • Love 6

Helen's gown reminded me of one-half of those creepy toilet tissue covers with the doll body and crinoline on the bottom.  

While I wasn't overly crazy about Chris' dress, I understood it, and it was definitely evil-looking.  I don't understand how he was eliminated over Helen.  Also, Michelle's dress was boring and ill-fitting.

Oh, and one more thought about Helen - did she think she was Helen of Troy with that pearl crown on her head??  (Or, maybe she raided Kate's suitcases....) 

• Love 11

I'm glad Chris is gone. He really didn't seem to be in it and came across pretty miserable most of the time. I'd love to see him in a Fashion Fund type of show where we see the real business of this industry.

I'm not glad he's gone but I know what you are saying.  He (wasn't edited) to look like he was in this heart and soul.  

I'm another one of the 'can't see what people see in Dimitry' group: his dress tonight was ok but I don't find him particularly innovative and frankly I kept thinking that those feathers weren't going to stay looking that good for more than 10 minutes at a real event...

edited to add <<They all have a skater/ballroom/Eastern European club look that isn't terribly fashionable in my opinion.>> -- this captures my feelings about Dimitry perfectly!

Edited by DHDancer
  • Love 8

I'm sorry to see Chris go and I thought his dress fit the theme in a way that others did not. I also sympathized with his refusal to accept the patronizing comments of the judges. (Honestly, who is Alyssa Milano to be "graciously" telling Chris March they all think he is a talented designer?)

• Love 16

A lot of disappointment on that runway tonight.  I love Dmitry's, but thought Sonjia did a great job. 

I know they have virtually NO time to make this stuff, but the raw edges, dangling threads, puckered seams, uneven hems and crooked edges that every damn look seemed to have just drive me to distraction.  

Maybe Helen thought a tiara would give her the same magical powers of skating by that it seems to have given Kate.  

SO classy for Michelle to respond to Zanna's commentary in the workroom with that clicking mouth-noise thing.  I expected her to follow it up with an exaggerated wink an shoot "finger guns" at her.  

And why the hell does everybody use the word "edgy" to describe a crappy concept that they can't actually execute?  It's a meaningless term for most of them.  If a judge says they don't like something, a designer instantly says "Oh, I was going for an EDGY look".  Sorry, ugly does not equal edgy.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 14

I'm sorry to see Chris go and I thought his dress fit the theme in a way that others did not. I also sympathized with his refusal to accept the patronizing comments of the judges. (Honestly, who is Alyssa Milano to be "graciously" telling Chris March they all think he is a talented designer?)

I thought the outfit Alyssa was wearing during judging was the most costume-y thing on the runway!!  As many have said previously, her stylist must really have it in for her!

And, I honestly thought that Betsey Johnson would appreciate Chris's work more than she did. 

• Love 5

I thought Chris's dress was atrocious. I like him as a person, but that thing was a fiasco. Helen's was dumb looking, but it didn't make me cringe to look at. I thought the Modern Family girl was annoying as a guest judge (does she know any adjectives other than "beautiful"...?), but I agreed with her that Chris's looked like some ripped tee shirt thing from Hot Topic. I wish Chris had done better because he has a fun personality that I like. I agree with whoever said above that he didn't seem to have his heart in it though...he kind of seemed like he's just over the whole "competing in a reality show" thing, which I don't blame him for. 

I didn't think I would like Sonjia's dress when she was sketching it, but I was pleasantly surprised! I liked it a lot!

Oh, and that lacy sack thing Alyssa had on when she explaining the challenge was horrific. How have these allegedly fashionable people not figured out that she doesn't have to wear enormous tents just because she's pregnant?!

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 8

Welp, it's official, I know nothing about fashion.  I liked Chris' dress and I hated Sam's.  I understood why they liked Sonjia's, but it didn't appeal to me personally.  Looked very tight and uncomfortable.  Ben's was my favorite.

Every time Kate says "me" I hear a dentist drill searing through my skull.

• Love 4
SO classy for Michelle to respond to Zanna's commentary in the workroom with that clicking mouth-noise thing.  I expected her to follow it up with an exaggerated wink an shoot "finger guns" at her. 

Wasn't it last week when she mimicked Zanna by saying she liked "spor-ty"?  Her smart-alecky affectations grate on me almost as much as her hair does.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

There was a lot of ugly going on tonight.  And then the camera panned away from Milano.

All in all, this was a horrible runway.  Of the three in the top, Dmitri's was the best, but it was rather old and tired looking.  Almost every other dress that went down the runway seemed like it was two or even three different dresses patched together.  A top part would look beautiful and then the camera would go down the length of the model and the skirt would be hideous.  Or vice versa.  I could not believe when Sonjia's model turned around and they loved the back of her dress.  The construction looked shoddy and the pleats did not flatter or make an 'wow" moment to me. 

Samantha's and Michelle's both looked very, very crafty and rushed conception and execution.  I thought two girls got stole into the home ec classroom and tried to Cinderella's furry and feathered friends a dress for the prom.  An hour before the prom. 

Both jay and Fabio make weird choices that I often feel stem more from ego than it should.   Yet both had elements of construction, design aside, that were head and shoulders above the rest.  Hated both looks for the challenge but I'm glad they are in. 

Not a single dress was elegant which is how I think both good and evil should convey in a couture challenge.  Especially good.  Good should have either been tightly coolly crisp or perhaps ethereal in some regard.  Evil should have been dangerously seductive and or malevolent in some way.  Huge huge huge fail.

Don't even get me started on the tea cozies Alyssa draped on her sorry ass this week.    Though to be fair it was a toss in her runway outfit whether she was a tea cozy or doing her interpretation of a Victorian Madame's key fob.

• Love 16

One of the more interesting things you can try to do is to try to eliminate the bias and look at the work. Try to take the season as a whole new event, as opposed to a continuation of the designers previous season(s).

In this episode, I confess I was confused by their definition of 'couture'. Dresses I thought as too wearable and too simplistic, were lauded, and dresses that I thought were fantastic as high fashion were ignored.

In general, I do think the bottom three were the three worst in the group. And honestly, any one of the three could have gone home and I would be hard pressed to argue for that person.

One final point, I am noticing that there is an overall lack of drama this season that I'm finding refreshing. Being able to enjoy the season and look at the clothing as opposed to every little bit of drama (real or manufactured), has given me a bigger appreciation for the designers and their work. More episodes like these, please!

• Love 8

Wasn't it last week when she mimicked Zanna by saying she liked "spor-ty"?  Her smart-alecky affectations grate on me almost as much as her hair does.

Yeah I also find her affectations grating. She's not good at being smart-alecky, though she thinks she is. She's so corny. And does she think that having that haircut will make up for the fact that she doesn't actually appear to have anything interesting to say? She gets a *dismissive wave* from me.

• Love 10

Surprisingly, this was one of those challenges where I thought the twist got in the way. On paper, making a couture gown inspired by "wicked" or "good" sounds really cool, but in this case, I think the designers were already hamstrung by the time constraints and relied too heavily on obvious color tropes (white/light = good, black/dark = wicked) to carry their assigned theme. I'm a little sad this was the couture episode (presumably the only one?), because the results were pretty underwhelming.

I would have loved to have seen the designers' couture gowns in a challenge where they weren't beholden to a twist... maybe the results would have been more impressive.

• Love 4

Wasn't it last week when she mimicked Zanna by saying she liked "spor-ty"? Her smart-alecky affectations grate on me almost as much as her hair does.

We're all hoping that Sasquatch will come take her back to their cave. If not, I am eagerly awaiting the day when a blackhole opens up nearby and she gets sucked into the event horizon, hopefully into another part of the Universe. Like, alllll the way into another planetary group...

• Love 2

Surprisingly, this was one of those challenges where I thought the twist got in the way. On paper, making a couture gown inspired by "wicked" or "good" sounds really cool, but in this case, I think the designers were already hamstrung by the time constraints and relied too heavily on obvious color tropes (white/light = good, black/dark = wicked) to carry their assigned theme. I'm a little sad this was the couture episode (presumably the only one?), because the results were pretty underwhelming.

I would have loved to have seen the designers' couture gowns in a challenge where they weren't beholden to a twist... maybe the results would have been more impressive.

The lack of time definitely plays a part.  But if, say, Dmitri had gone with a deep blood red instead of all black, I think he could elevated the look significantly.  And I wonder if the fact Sonjia stayed away from typical white is why she scored so high.  I think the "good" could have gone with champagne or even some kind of metallic gold  (I was thinking some of the dresses Keira Knightly has worn doing the talk show circuits from Chanel that are sleek powerful and yet wonderfully feminine)

The true trick would be to capture the essence of evil in a gown that was pale pink or frothy lilac.  Or good embodied in something of dark emerald green.  Granted I couldn't do it.  I couldn't even take a huge piece of material and jam it up around Milano's torso like Kim Kardashian's fake ass playing dress up (the actual ass that is).  But someone worthy of the term all stars could.  Given time. 

At this point I think the Fashion Guild should file a class action suit as PR as long as it uses the term "couture" followed by whatever time limit they then ordain.

• Love 8

The lack of time definitely plays a part.  But if, say, Dmitri had gone with a deep blood red instead of all black, I think he could elevated the look significantly.  And I wonder if the fact Sonjia stayed away from typical white is why she scored so high.  I think the "good" could have gone with champagne or even some kind of metallic gold  (I was thinking some of the dresses Keira Knightly has worn doing the talk show circuits from Chanel that are sleek powerful and yet wonderfully feminine)

The true trick would be to capture the essence of evil in a gown that was pale pink or frothy lilac.  Or good embodied in something of dark emerald green. 

Funny, emerald green and blood red were the colors I thought about as I was watching.  Black and white are too predictable, and boring IMO.  I love color.  I guess that's why I liked Chris's because he used the pink in an unpredictable way.  I liked the ripped t-shirt effect too.  It was like low-budget evil, which I got and sort of dug. 

Edited by alrightythen
  • Love 8

Helen's crown made me think of the halo you see in paintings of the Madonna. I haven't been Catholic for nearly 40 years but it's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her.

For some reason, I saw Wallis Simpson.

Helen's gown reminded me of one-half of those creepy toilet tissue covers with the doll body and crinoline on the bottom. 

Awww.. I had one of those.. still do (in a box, not in may bathroom) I dont think of them as creepy.. just dated.. and with WAY more style than what Helen put down the runway!

• Love 4

How could the judges have possibly considered Samantha's look a Top 3?   In what universe?  It looked like it was held together on a wing and a prayer -- flimsy, and absolutely looked like she had just thrown it together.

Yes, I learned a new synonym tonight: unfinished = 'raw'.

• Love 6

Funny, emerald green and blood red were the colors I thought about as I was watching. Black and white are too predictable, and boring IMO. I love color. I guess that's why I liked Chris's because he used the pink in an unpredictable way. I liked the ripped t-shirt effect too. It was like low-budget evil, which I got and sort of dug.

I loved Chris' look too, but I wonder if he might have been scored higher if he'd used red rather than pink.

And Helen looked like Wallis Simpson.

Edited by Lnmop
  • Love 4

I never understand what the judges are thinking. Michelle's was the worst to me - dull and ill-fitting. Chris's dress was costumey but at least it was interesting to look at. Dmitry's was my favorite. Sometimes his looks are a bit dated, like what a sexy KGB spy would wear in an 80s movie, but overall I do like him a lot.

• Love 7

Funny, emerald green and blood red were the colors I thought about as I was watching.  Black and white are too predictable, and boring IMO.  I love color.  I guess that's why I liked Chris's because he used the pink in an unpredictable way.  I liked the ripped t-shirt effect too.  It was like low-budget evil, which I got and sort of dug. 

Totally agree!!!!  I was shocked that no one went that direction, it would have made the runway more palatable and exciting.  And colorful!  

I'm hoping they just eliminated Chris tonight because Helen is going to get a staph infection and have to quit and they can bring him back!  Just like in Season 4.  

I find Zanna Roberts Rossi even more useless and vague than normal.  "Get rid of the crafty elements!"  Gee whiz, what a great tip.

How in the everloving world were they able to get Betsy Johnson as a sub judge, but we're stuck with random actress #5 as the guest judge?  Did Georgina call in a favor so there would be respected fashion opinion there instead of Sitcom Actress?

• Love 6

I'm sorry to see Chris go, but his work has not been as good as it was during his season IMO

As for everyone:

Liked
Benjamin-loved everything about it
Dnitry-The transition from the top to the bottom was beautiful

OK
Gunnar-Even with the feathers it was kind of boring
Justin-The slit was too wide

Didn’t Like
Helen-The dress looked like it had fungus growing up the side
Sonjia-Didn’t like the skirl over the dress, very boring color. And once again the judges make me go, HUH?
Kate-Instead of a white wedding dress, she made an evil wedding dress
Michelle-Boring
Chris-Looked like an evil flamenco dancer
Fabio-Too casual, a different fabric for the pants could have made it work.
Jay-Hated that stuff hanging down in the front
Samantha-Holding up the bottom ruined the look on the runway, hated how the mesh part up top looked

Edited by GaT
  • Love 2

Omg Alyssa's opening dress...just omg. And hair. Oh no. And then runway . WTH. Almost can't write. Also that hideous combo on Zara in workroom. So fugly.

I am with Dmitri on all the gabbing...good grief. Loved his.

Ha ha Helen in bottom.

Gah hate Michelle. And her dress. Ugh

And really, a teen judge for this one? Yet she was not bad.

Chris' was ...weird.

Fabio's ditto. Pants awful. He is charming though lol.

Justin's was blah.

Jay's looked like she was birthing a giant chicken.

Sam's was meh. Not couture. Surprised they liked it so much. But color was great.

I would be very skeptical about my design if Alyssa loves it...

Sonje (spelling?) made a beautiful dress. Anyway she was deserving.

Love Isaac's critiques.

I hate Chris' look but wished he had stayed, especially over Helen. How the heck was Michelle safe??

• Love 3

I think Chris threw the competition because he didn't want to be there. 

Helen looked ridiculous.

Alyssa is well beyond Goodyear blimp and cruising toward Hindenburg.  She is so short of breath she can't even get a complete sentence out, which makes her speech sound even more affected than usual.  I feel so bad for her, because I'm thinking she's just miserable and uncomfortable.

Unknown actress was a waste of space.  Seriously, do we have to have these nonentities taking time away from people whose opinions are actually informed?

Overall, I think the wicked looks were far better than the good looks, which were not good at all.

• Love 5

Bottom line what Chris made, looked cheap. Ariel Winter nailed it when she said she could find it at hot topic or something. 

Helen tried to make something "haute couture" but it came out looking a hot mess. I was fine with either going but wanted Helen to leave because she is a bitch.

• Love 1

For some reason, I saw Wallis Simpson.

I did too! 

One of the more interesting things you can try to do is to try to eliminate the bias and look at the work. Try to take the season as a whole new event, as opposed to a continuation of the designers previous season(s).

In general, I do think the bottom three were the three worst in the group. And honestly, any one of the three could have gone home and I would be hard pressed to argue for that person.

I agree and honestly I don't remember their seasons well enough to have any bias.  

I understand why Chris was eliminated.  The torn t-shirt look is what did him in.  It lacked polish.   He is capable of pulling off a winner too.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

OMG, this is one of those episodes that you realize you were seeing something very different than the judges.   I cannot believe they let Helen stay for that monstrosity.  I didn't particularly like Chris's outfit but I understood the vision and it represented the theme IMO. 

How could the judges have possibly considered Samantha's look a Top 3?   In what universe?  It looked like it was held together on a wing and a prayer -- flimsy, and absolutely looked like she had just thrown it together.

I give up.

I agree with everything: I was shocked that Samantha's was a top 3 - she should have been safe - but Gunnar's and Justin's could have been a Top 3.

and Helen or Fabio should have been out instead of Chris.  When everyone started talking about Helen's and how wonderful and detailed it was and they were afraid she was going to be in the top; at the start I kind of saw that.  But, then I thought, she is going to do something that is going to ruin it - and yep, she did.

I can understand Chris being in the bottom because I agree with the t-shirt like/Hot Topic like material.  But when it was coming down the runway it looked great, looked costumy and looked "wicked". 

Bye Chris :(

and I can't with Alyssa's dresser/styler - FIRE them right now

Edited by tobysmom
  • Love 6

First - Sonja's dress was brilliant.  I would have chucked my computer if Samantha had won and I'm not entirely sure how she was in the top three.  I can see how she beat Jay, because his was really ugly, but hers was not cute at all, that front read all sorts of Frumpalina to me, it looked saggy.

Second - Good on Kate.  I'm not a fan, but I'm glad to see that she was able to pull off something that wasn't pretty princess, but in no world was that going to best Sonja's dress.

Third - some of the face offs were really good and some were just really bad.  Chris v. Michelle was really bad.  Michelle's looked like some form of the halter she kept trying to do in her season and some strange sort of winged things in the back.  Chris was also bad, and for all his talk, I think he knew that.  He basically implied that if he made bad decisions under a time crunch.

Fourth - 2 day challenge!  and pretty gowns!  Thank you PRAS!!!!

Fifth - ohh, Dimitri is getting a little of the bitch edit this time around.  It's okay because he is super talented, and I really enjoyed his dress this challenge.  Sadly, his was a clear win over Gunnar (and right now, i can't remember what his looked like.

Sixth - come on, why won't anyone send Helen home.  Her dress was the worst thing on the runway.  It looked like she stapled a bathroom rug to a set of fancy curtains.  Even Scarlett O'Hara would have come up with something better.  What the fuck was she talking about how she could see it in Paris Fashion Week or something of the sort.  Whatever.  Ugh....Helen.  I wonder if the producers know that I'm fully invested in seeing Helen get eliminated in the meanest way possible.  

Seventh - Alyssa....goodness, why that dress????  Why that top???? You are on a fashion show, you have been hosting that fashion show for at least two seasons, you should have a few phone numbers of people that can make you some maternity outfits.  Work your rolodex girl!

Eighth - guest judge.  I agreed with most everything she said, but damn was she mouthy.  Her comment about Dimitry's dress being "exactly what she wears" was laughable because 10 girls in the world have the body to pull off that dress, and she and I are not one of those 10.  He barely looked excited when she said that, although if Heidi were to say it he would have probably offered to alter it for her measurements.

Ninth - was Betsey Johnson drunk?  I think she was.

• Love 2

Not that it is relevant, but I thought  Zanna's outfit was distracting in not a good way (to me, who is not a fan of giant mixed patterns) but perhaps it contributed inspiration to Fabio's design.  Alyssa...by all means, make her look larger than she is.  It's hard to argue with the elimination of Chris--not because of his design, but he has not been looking happy and his energy levels seem very low.  I don't know what the fascination is, with some designers, for throwing netting over the top of other material.  I've yet to see it improve a fashion, and it hid the interesting material Kate used for the gown's skirt (the design on which apparently escaped to appear on the shoulders of Helen's model).  Sonjia's dress was made out of a lovely fabric, and the overskirt was well made; though I personally didn't like the two put together, I understand her win.  Overall, the runway seemed a bit bland (especially the color palette) when I would have expected more in the way of drama.  Does good have to be the color of vanilla pudding, does wicked have to be some variation of black or near black?  It occurs to me that the designers feel more restricted than they did in their original seasons, and not just because of time. At every turn, they are warned against making a costume, and reminded of why other designers were eliminated.  Being so self-conscious and trying to please the inconsistent judges is, I think, killing their creativity. This should have been a challenge with the potential of being a lot of fun, but the results were not that interesting. But I'm not, I admit, a fashion guru, so I could well be wrong.

Edited by dialyn
  • Love 3

Michelle's dress was worse than the other three in the bottom. Same boring color palette and another awful design. I didn't watch Dimitri's season but it annoyed me when she called his dress cooter-ure. Bitch needs to go away.

Helen's dress was awful but she should've been eliminated for that crown thing she wore on the runway. Don't these people look in the mirror?

I assure you helen felt she is way above even having to consult the mirror for an opinion.

Michelle needs to stop thinking about what pithy comments she is going to make in her TH and focus on designing something reasonable.

Yay, Sonjia! I thought hers was the best and was the ONLY one that would look good on display at the theater.

Also happy they did NOT cut Fabio, even though I thought his choices were so bad tonight. But I love him and want him and his good nature and his future designs to stay.. He was so gracious to the judges. Ahem, Chris.

Yes on Chris's attitude to the judges.  There really was no need for all of that, it will never cost you anything to be gracious.  I think he was frustrated by the time constraints and probably tired.  He is probably the only designer I've seen really sitting in the workroom.  I'm sure the show is enough to annoy a person in optimal health, but it has to be a disaster for someone who may not be in the best health, and who wasn't used to the 1 day challenges that are the new thing (even though this was a 2 day challenge).  I get the feeling that the judges put him out of his misery.

I may be the only one, but I sort of liked Fabio's.  I think it might have been better if he almost made a mullet top, like a top that is short in the front (yes, sort of a dreaded crop top, high waisted pant situation) but the front would then become long and dramatic in the back, maybe with a strong shoulder.  That way he could have the pants, but the drama of the couture.

I would love to see Fashion Fund period, but they aren't even putting that shit on Amazon or ITunes, and I can't care enough to try any harder than that.  Ovation needs to get their shit together!

Oh, and one more thought about Helen - did she think she was Helen of Troy with that pearl crown on her head??  (Or, maybe she raided Kate's suitcases....) 

Someone once called her Helen of Cry, and I love that name :)

A lot of disappointment on that runway tonight.  I love Dmitry's, but thought Sonjia did a great job. 

I know they have virtually NO time to make this stuff, but the raw edges, dangling threads, puckered seams, uneven hems and crooked edges that every damn look seemed to have just drive me to distraction.  

Maybe Helen thought a tiara would give her the same magical powers of skating by that it seems to have given Kate.  

And why the hell does everybody use the word "edgy" to describe a crappy concept that they can't actually execute?  It's a meaningless term for most of them.  If a judge says they don't like something, a designer instantly says "Oh, I was going for an EDGY look".  Sorry, ugly does not equal edgy.  

Michelle is going for something this season.  Maybe this is her idea of an image rehab, but its too over the top.

Blood red....my goodness, yes!

Yes, I learned a new synonym tonight: unfinished = 'raw'.

LMAO.

Has anybody noticed they've replaced the "Beautiful Georgina" intro and substituted it now with the designers gasping with delight about whatever Alyssa Milano is wearing?

I wonder if thats why she decided to blow off taping the show.  I mean, the disrespect is at an all time high, no one even calls her "stunning" or "ethereal", she doesn't even get a "sorta pretty"  She shouldn't have to put up with that!

I find Zanna Roberts Rossi even more useless and vague than normal.  "Get rid of the crafty elements!"  Gee whiz, what a great tip.

How in the everloving world were they able to get Betsy Johnson as a sub judge, but we're stuck with random actress #5 as the guest judge?  Did Georgina call in a favor so there would be respected fashion opinion there instead of Sitcom Actress?

Well here is another gem from the Zanna Roberts Rossi collection "remember, this prize is really great so you should try to win" and "just make sure this looks good"

I think someone just found Betsy Johnson in a bar and she got tricked into judging because someone told her they would give her all the gin and tonics she wanted. She read under the influence of something to me.

• Love 3

I thought Helen was channeling a 50s/60s diner server with that thing on her head.

Can't explain her gown (so I suppose that makes it "couture"). Was sorry to see Chris go, but I fear too much longer here would have worn on his spirit. As others have said, his heart didn't really seem to be in it. He needs to go back to doing what he does so well and step away from this silliness. He's a franchise favorite for me, but I thought coming back for this was an iffy prospect.

Thought Michelle's was the worst, alongside Fabio's, but I would have been sorry to see him go for one bad "night."

Whatshername winning was fine. It was quite lovely.

Love Dmitri, but I thought his range was limited before. Not seeing much to change my mind here so far. It was marvelously done, as always (he's a master of what he does), just felt like more of the same. His previous win, frankly, was a "best of a 'meh' season" for me. Didn't object, didn't cheer.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 3

I was very uninspired by everything that came down the runway.  The "wicked" costumes (except for Chris's gray and pink dress) were all black and looked like skimpier redesigns of Elphaba's act 2 dress (the dress the Elphaba actress wore at the beginning of this episode).  The "good" costumes were all white/cream, and many looked bridal (I guess we can all be thankful that Kate drew "wicked;" otherwise she might have created another bridal gown).  I was hoping to see more creativity here - "wicked" dresses in colors other than black (dark green, dark blue, crimson, etc.) and "good" dresses in colors other than white/cream (pastels, etc.).

just went to look at the pictures on Lifetime and I correct myself that it wasn't Gunnar's dress but Benjamin's dress that I liked and thought could have been Top 3.

and Jay's - I forgot about Jay's - if they thought Fabio's front look like an Apron - Jay's look like the model was wearing a bib.

and wow, I didn't realize how high up the front slit of Dimtry's was until I saw the pictures - WOW - that was too close!!

• Love 1

May I suggest that the name of this dreadful production be changed to "Project Bizarre Runway" ??? WQR4GRf.jpgEverything about the show seems off the rails... from the judges (regular and "guests"), Alyssa's overall styling (or, LACK of styling!), to the judging itself and the "I can come across weirder than you" contestants (wish I could call them designers).

Helen and her WTF!!! outfit...rEVQFTSm.jpg  and headpiece.

I'm not gonna last much longer, but will tune in to see what Nina has to say next week...YuWoDqm.gif

• Love 3

If they were designing actual costumers for the musical then Chris's by far would have been the best.  It had a polished stage-ready look to it that none of the others had and its design elements would be viewable from the upper balcony seats. It reminded me of a challenge from several years back when they actually did design for a broadway musical and the actor would wear the costume - did Mondo win that one? Unfortunately this wasn't a costume challenge.  I liked Benjamin's the best, I think, although Sonjia's was OK for the win.  But I wish Helen would have gone instead of Chris!  Loved Betsey Johnson's comments about being an armrest or a place to put your drink!! 

• Love 3

It just sunk in that aM was trying to be Glinda the Good Witch at the opening. Oh.

No offense to anyone who shaves their head but Michelle looks downright fugly to me. Someone must have told her once she had a great face (eek) and she thinks she is stunning.

Maybe it was AM's stylist...

Edited by Bebecat
  • Love 4