Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Do You Remember The First Time?

Is it just me or have Damon and Stefan kind of switched roles a little? Stefan seems much darker and Damon much more the hero.

Yes, I see this too, though I can't figure out Stefan right now.  I've never been a big Stefan fan (honestly, loved Damon from day 1, good/bad, rampages, and all) but I at least could resonate somewhat with his character and direction most of the time.  He just seems so off this season to me.  He is walking the darker side, though not in any kind of overt way, and Damon has softened up quite a bit.

I think Stefan never got much of a chance with me because Stefan and Elena gave me the Buffy/Angel heebie jeebies.  Just as with Angel, I like Stefan much more now on his own/away from the main female protagonist.

Its strange to see the shift in their two characters and motivations, but I like that its happening.  I just wish I could see what Stefan's role is right now a little more clearly.  

• Love 1

I'd still love it to turn out that Jo's evil. I don't even know why, except that it would be a twist, and a miserable Alaric is kind of fun. Though she seemed pretty quick to point out that she's not willing to attempt saving any more vampires that may fling themselves over the border, even though I'm sure at least a few of our gang would be able to be saved? (Elena, Caroline?)

I've been thinking, couldn't Caroline cross the border and turn back into a human without risking dying?  She was just suffocated to death so there's no chance of dying, right?

I've been thinking, couldn't Caroline cross the border and turn back into a human without risking dying?  She was just suffocated to death so there's no chance of dying, right?

Considering Caroline is one of the few vampires we've seen that's managed to pretty easily and quickly adapt instead of going psycho when she turned I don't see why she would WANT to become human again.

• Love 2

Considering Caroline is one of the few vampires we've seen that's managed to pretty easily and quickly adapt instead of going psycho when she turned I don't see why she would WANT to become human again.

That's true, being human in the Vampire Diaries universe offers few benefits compared to the other species.  Still, something I think the series probably could acknowledge more is that Caroline physically looks like a 16/17 year old so she's automatically going to draw suspicion if she decides to move into a town.  A 16 year old can dress to make themselves look older but still, a 16 year old often looks like a 16 year old.  She's going to be a drifter for the rest of her life, but she won't be able to even have a cover due to her age.

I'd still love it to turn out that Jo's evil. I don't even know why, except that it would be a twist, and a miserable Alaric is kind of fun. Though she seemed pretty quick to point out that she's not willing to attempt saving any more vampires that may fling themselves over the border, even though I'm sure at least a few of our gang would be able to be saved? (Elena, Caroline?)

Hahaha. I must be a little evil, too, because I've had the same thing on my mind and for the same reasons you stated; well, that it would be a twist anyway. I don't want Alaric miserable for a long period of time. Poor man needs to smile more. Maybe not evil, but I would love it if there was more to Jo's story than what some of us have guessed since 6x04 (her being Kai's sister, a former witch, etc. and now apparently with her powers hidden in a boot or a yo-yo.)

(Also, hi, I'm new to this site.)

Edited by aliensoul
  • Love 4

Seriously, what was going on with the timeline re. Alaric's recovery from his wound? The night before he was dying from a tear to the aorta, and the very next day witchy-poo doctor is releasing him from the hospital so that he can be her date to a party, and Alaric is just wincing ever so slightly occasionally to indicate he's in pain. I know this show stretches realism, but WTF???

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Love 4

Seriously, what was going on with the timeline re. Alaric's recovery from his wound? The night before he was dying from a tear to the aorta, and the very next day witchy-poo doctor is releasing him from the hospital so that he can be her date to a party, and Alaric is just wincing ever so slightly occasionally to indicate he's in pain. I know this show stretches realism, but WTF???

Do we know if it's the next day though? I'm just curious, and I'm too lazy to rewatch the whole episode.

Nvm, I just remembered Damon said to Jo 'last night'. That's ridiculous. 

Edited by aliensoul
  • Love 1

Hahaha. I must be a little evil, too, because I've had the same thing on my mind and for the same reasons you stated; well, that it would be a twist anyway. I don't want Alaric miserable for a long period of time. Poor man needs to smile more. Maybe not evil, but I would love it if there was more to Jo's story than what some of us have guessed since 6x04 (her being Kai's sister, a former witch, etc. and now apparently with her powers hidden in a boot or a yo-yo.)

(Also, hi, I'm new to this site.)

Welcome! I know, I feel completely evil for wishing yet another unlucky relationship on Alaric (the man has a cute smile, and let's face it, he deserves some actual good times), but something in me tells me that Jo could make an awesome villain if they went down that route. I could imagine her briskly and efficiently taking people down with witchy powers. But yes, having a bit more depth than what we've already seen/guessed would be great, and I love the idea of her storing her magic in a yo-yo or something completely mundane!

Do we know if it's the next day though? I'm just curious, and I'm too lazy to rewatch the whole episode.

Nvm, I just remembered Damon said to Jo 'last night'. That's ridiculous. 

I rewatched the previous episode, and Alaric's recovery is even more miraculous - when Elena phones him in the hospital, she says that she hadn't even wanted her memories back until an hour ago. An hour ago? She decided on having her memories back before the whole incident with Tripp's van had even happened. So Alaric had his aorta torn, was saved by Jo, taken to Mystic Falls Hospital, presumably operated on/stitched up, and was in a room and fully conscious all within an hour? And at a party twenty-four hours later. Are we sure he doesn't still have vampire blood? :P

• Love 2

Not sure of the acting choices Paul Wesley is making this episode. I usually enjoy his dry sense of humor but he just seemed...flat.

Not counting the Damon/Bonnie scenes, which I adored, this season has been a bore. Even Stefan and Caroline are tiresome now. Regardless of being a fan of her relationship with Klaus, I could have jumped on the Steroline bandwagon if she hadn't already hooked up with practically every other male regular. I mean geez give the girl a little down time!

Edited by GraceAnne
  • Love 1

Did not miss Jeremy this episode at all.  Am hoping that Damon focuses on finding Bonnie and Stephan focuses on Caroline and a little less focus on Elena all together.

Edited by Minney
  • Love 1

I wonder if Jo stored her magic in the pocket dimension of 1994?  Maybe her magic is what is holding that place together.  I don't think anyone has mentioned Elena just leaving her date there to go off with her ex.  I know we have mentioned her selfishness and self-centeredness but this act specifically was terribly obnoxious.  When Scot Hope Mark 2.0 exited her room with a threat of finding out everything, Elena didn't bat an eyelash and neither did any viewer.  Do the writers really expect us to fear him?  We know he's going to die soon.  I just hope it is not at Damon's hands.

Did not miss Jeremy this episode at all.  Am hoping that Damon focuses on finding Bonnie and Stephan focuses on Caroline and a little less focus on Elena all together.

N'aw. I missed Jeremy. I love his scenes with Alaric. Too bad we only had two and that was three episodes ago. I just think he needs a good storyline besides grieving Bonnie. Maybe in the 2nd half of the season.

Not sure of the acting choices Paul Wesley is making this episode. I usually enjoy his dry sense of humor but he just seemed...flat.

Not counting the Damon/Bonnie scenes, which I adored, this season has been a bore. Even Stefan and Caroline are tiresome now. Regardless of being a fan of her relationship with Klaus, I could have jumped on the Steroline bandwagon if she hadn't already hooked up with practically every other male regular. I mean geez give the girl a little down time!

You're not the only one. I myself, and I know many others who feel the same way, have noticed his dispirited/flat acting. And I've sensed it all season, not just this episode.

Can someone explain to me what all the talk this week about shipping/shipped/shipper means ?

I'm so lost with this terminology that is being used this week.

Please and thanks!

It's shorthand for relationship.... that people who "ship" or are a "shipper" for a certain couple- Damon/Elena (Delena), Stefen/Elena (Stelena) etc. want them to be in a relationship... or it's a coupling they would find interesting.

For example, This week had some interesting stuff as far as Stefen and Caroline- which is a couple that some people would like to see and might "ship"

Does that make sense?

Edited by Jjrmt

It's shorthand for relationship.... that people who "ship" or are a "shipper" for a certain couple- Damon/Elena (Delena), Stefen/Elena (Stelena) etc. want them to be in a relationship... or it's a coupling they would find interesting.

For example, This week had some interesting stuff as far as Stefen and Caroline- which is a couple that some people would like to see and might "ship"

Does that make sense?

Yes thanks for that!! I appreciate it ! :)

Edited by ANEUMS

I think what I really want is for Nina Dobrev to go find other work, something challenging and well-written that she can handle like the artist she is. Because The Vampire Diaries has grown tiresome to watch, particularly the Elena storyline. I would love to see Dobrev's career take off, but this show isn't doing her any favors anymore. It's like watching someone take six or seven years to finish a bachelor's degree, not because they aren't intelligent or because they have a lot of other irons in the fire, but because they want to prolong their financial aid instead of getting a real job. Enough already. Don't renew your contract, don't be the Ziering, just move on to something better.

Yeah, she is clearly done with this show (all the leads are) and ready to move on. She is so talented and deserves a great career. In the past, it was so awesome to see Katherine (RIP) sometimes, because even when I was at Peak Hatred with Elena, Kat was always a great reminder that Nina is not the problem. I do think she phones in her scenes as Elena these days (yes, even the crying scenes), but the writers have lost track of her character too, so I don't blame her for not bothering.

I agree with Poppy. Ian is still having fun and can still bring it.  I would like to see Paul leave because he is so over it, and I am not sure I agree that Nina is over it, but her storyline has made the character unwatchable.  Ian should stay after this season and the roles of the minor players should expand, such as Tyler and Matt, and Damon's (IMO) one true pairing, Bonnie.  :-)  I want to see them expand Liz's role too.  Of course, they should have treated their minor players better in the first place.

• Love 2

Oh goodness, I am still loving S6. Yes it is still not in the realms of S1 and S2 but it is still really good. This Ep is probably my favorite so far.

Enzo continues to surprise me, that thing with Tripp was genius, and his dialogue about the blood on his fingers preventing his touchscreen on his phone was too funny.

Damon was just so awesome. I loved him in every single scene, and he was just so Damon. His interactions with Ric were totally in character, I loved his passion and charisma at the party, his letting go of Elena speech was heartfelt and drunk Damon will always have a special place in my heart. Please forgive me my fangirling moment but Damons smile during the rain kiss sequence, lit up the screen, IS has a great smile. I also love him finding Bonnie's bear, that was a beautiful scene. Now get on it Damon, and bring her home, you owe her big time.

Elena crossing the MF border was also interesting- Who else thought for a split second there that the writers were going to have Damon carry her over the border for a minute?. I am so glad it didn't pan out that way. Anyway, shouldn't the compulsion be broken now?

The Bonnie and Kai SL was also a highlight for me, so creepy. I am enjoying all the 1994 dimension stuff, and I am excited to see where all this  Gemini coven/jo/Kai story is headed.

Steroline is just not doing it for me at the moment, Stefan is clearly not interested, and he looked completely bored when Caroline went on her monologue. The chemistry is all wrong, I much prefer her chemistry with Enzo. Those scenes just crackle.

No further developments with Sarah Salvatore, I guess something had to give in this Ep, but I hope that gets picked up and moved along soon before I lose interest.

• Love 1

No thoughts on where Jo stored her magic?  In the pocket dimension?  In some object in the possession of Liv and Luke?

Steroline is just not doing it for me at the moment, Stefan is clearly not interested, and he looked completely bored when Caroline went on her monologue. The chemistry is all wrong,

THIS!

Edited by Goldmoon
  • Love 1

Interesting.

I don't think any of the actors are bored at all.  I think all 3 still enjoy the show and their performances are fine. 

*Kayne shrug*

I don't think there's anything wrong with their performances, either. Ian is doing a fantastic job in every scene, Nina is fully committed, and Paul is wonderful at conveying Stefan's heartbreak over losing his brother and his weariness with the constant craziness that is his life. The actors aren't the problem; the story is the problem. The more the writers try to change things, the more they stay the same. That's why the Previously.TV articles for TVD are in Show-o-matic form--the same elements just keep getting repainted and recycled. I think the actors deserve better.

• Love 3

This episode just cemented why Delena sucks all the life of thhis show, particularly when it comes to Damon's character. He is great in every scene he is except when he pathetically grovels to Elena and looks like a desperate stalker. All his scenes with Bonnie in the previous episodes were ten times better

I like Enzo. He is nuts, that must be why. His way of killing Tripp Fell was actually smart. Poor Matt doesn't know why he helps these people, I get him.

I also felt bad for Caroline when she was pouring herself out to Stefan and he just looked bored. Now, no one is forced to reciprocate feelings and I understand he'd be embarassed, but that was cold.

Bonnie is a badass, too bad TPTB care less about her than they do about whiny self-centered Elena (although I do agree that Nina is not responsible for her character being insufferable in my eyes, and still gives good performances in spite of it)

I wouldn`t say (any of) the leads are phoning it in completely. For example I felt that Paul W. did a fantastic job in the crypt scene when Damon returned. Though I will agree that somehow his chemistry with Caroline is off. That he had to be told by Enzo that Caroline had a thing for him? And then later asking Caroline why? Stefan has never been this stupid or emotionally stunted so I don`t know who that character even was.

Damon gazingly longingly at Elena and having his heart broken? Sigh. It was something else when Elena was legitimately in love and dating his brother. But since she got together with Damon, we had that exact same obstacle shtick over and over. In Season 4 it was because Elena flipped her switch, in Season 5 it was because Katherine took her over and in Season 6 it is the compelled memory loss. Can those writers not give it a rest? Is this the only way they know how to write a love story if they must?

I liked the kiss in the rain because it was a moment refering back to a time when supposedly they were happy and carefree. Why couldn`t they be THAT couple for a while and the drama comes from external plots and otherworldly shenanigans. 

Did like the scene with Damon and Ric. Thank God, they gave them some positive interaction as friends and not this weird scene we had last episode.

Damon finding and hugging the bear was awesome. Now he can be motivated to bring her back.

Never cared for Tripp too much so I was okay with him dying. Was kind of a plothole that he didn`t know though. Did he seriously miss Enzo killing him or something? Not the most perceptive guy. Most people know they are being killed at least.

As for the other new characters, two mehs as well. With Jo, I like the idea - and called it about being Kai`s sister - but don`t like the portrayal. Somehow the actress always seems cold and abrasive. I love Ric and loved him with Jenna and Meredith but with Jo it`s just like a cold fish. Even Isobel managed to infuse more feelings into their scenes and she was emo-switched-off at the time.

Then there is Aaron, oh I mean, Liam. In hindsight, I liked Aaron better. He was also easier on the eyes if I`m being shallow. When abrasive Jo - abrasively - sang Liam`s praises, I wanted them both to go away. I highly doubt new!Damon will kill either of them - I think they are going for "redemption - this time we mean business" with him this year - but maybe Kai can help me out.

I continue to be amused by Enzo because a) the actor is very charismatic and funny and b) every time he is onscreen, I imagine a conversation between the writers circa mid-Season 5:

"We want to fully redeem Damon at some point in the future, right? Just after we give him his last evil road trip hurrah?"

"Yup, that`s the plan."

"But I think viewers liked the kinda-dark-devil-may-care-murderous-Damon, won`t they miss him once we ditch that completely?"

"Hm, you might be right. Hey, I got it, we bring in a new character that is gonna be JUST like early-years-Damon. So we can have our cake and eat it too."

*high-five* 

As for the other new characters, two mehs as well. With Jo, I like the idea - and called it about being Kai`s sister - but don`t like the portrayal. Somehow the actress always seems cold and abrasive. I love Ric and loved him with Jenna and Meredith but with Jo it`s just like a cold fish. Even Isobel managed to infuse more feelings into their scenes and she was emo-switched-off at the time.

Then there is Aaron, oh I mean, Liam. In hindsight, I liked Aaron better. He was also easier on the eyes if I`m being shallow. When abrasive Jo - abrasively - sang Liam`s praises, I wanted them both to go away. I highly doubt new!Damon will kill either of them - I think they are going for "redemption - this time we mean business" with him this year - but maybe Kai can help me out.

So much this. I keep thinking how BAD Kai's family must have been if the abrasive bitch is the sister he loved so much he "spared" her.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't find Liam at all attractive.

We can only hope one or both gets on Enzo's bad side b/c they'd be goners for sure then.<fingers crossed>

I hate to wish death on another girlfriend of Ric's but of the bunch this def the worst.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Never cared for Tripp too much so I was okay with him dying. Was kind of a plothole that he didn`t know though. Did he seriously miss Enzo killing him or something? Not the most perceptive guy. Most people know they are being killed at least.

If Alaric were still an Original, I could see Enzo having him compel Tripp to forget he had been turned but without that possibility it just seems sloppy that Tripp didn't know he had been murdered and turned into a vampire. The timelime seemed awfully fast too. I know the show has never specified that you wake up X number of hours after being vamped but in a few short hours, Caroline called Enzo to tell him not to kill Tripp, Enzo fed him blood, killed him, and then Tripp woke up without any bloodlust, disorientation, or other signs of becoming a vampire. On Buffy the new vamps were shown waking up in the funeral home or crawling out of their graves so I always assumed it took more than two or three hours after their deaths to wake up.

If Alaric were still an Original, I could see Enzo having him compel Tripp to forget he had been turned but without that possibility it just seems sloppy that Tripp didn't know he had been murdered and turned into a vampire. The timelime seemed awfully fast too. I know the show has never specified that you wake up X number of hours after being vamped but in a few short hours, Caroline called Enzo to tell him not to kill Tripp, Enzo fed him blood, killed him, and then Tripp woke up without any bloodlust, disorientation, or other signs of becoming a vampire. On Buffy the new vamps were shown waking up in the funeral home or crawling out of their graves so I always assumed it took more than two or three hours after their deaths to wake up.

I wondered about this too.  I guest Enzoe wouldn't necessarily have had to feed Tripp since the magic of waking in the pre-vamp state would also be reversed by the border, but how did Tripp forget having his throat slit and waking up hungry (we have seen that at waking up the instinct to get blood is fairly strong)?  And yes, the timeline has never been clearly established.  Stefan's girlfriend was still apparently dead a day plus later when he threw her in his (extremely tiny) trunk.  However Caroline seemed to awake relatively quickly.  If their isn't much guarantee, then Enzo's plan was pretty F'ing risky.  What if Tripp were till out when the time for exchange arrived?

Regarding Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I always found the crawling out of graves pretty funny.  Apparently the Vamp process took several days, wasn't interupted by emblaming or autopsies, and Sunnydale wasn't big on cremation.... or the whole town was full of people that belonged to some sort of super odd religion that inexplicably had no issue with alcohol, club/coffee hangouts for teens, or miniskits, but required immediate burial without emblaming or autopsies...

I think Elena, the Salvatores and Caroline all took a while to "wake up" as well. Elena seemed to be on a slab in the bloody morgue for all it looked like. And of course, Ivy, Enzo murdered her sometime during the evening, then Stefan showed up with her "corpse" in his trunk at work the next morning, I guess so I`d say 4-5 hours minimum.    

So, Tripp being vamped seems to warp the time-space-continuum something serious. The show used to be so good with some internal rules and lore but these days not so much. I did notice they tried to explain away the compulsion not breaking with Ric`s death by having Damon say that if he had died a vampire, it would have worked. WTF? He DID die as a vamp as the vamp magic went away, then he nearly died as a human. It`s a death in stages but I see no reason it wouldn`t have undone his compulsions. The stupid daggers never really killed the Originals either, just put them to sleep, but THAT worked.

Then again, I`m still waiting for the explanation of how, when, why Enzo got a daylight ring. Did he have it in/before captivity? Did Damon clue him in? Previously, it seemed only Klaus bothered to share the spell with his progeny who shared it with some of his friends. Katherine likely stole it and shared it with Emily to have rings made for her playthings. I`m guessing Emily put it in her grimoire which is why Bonnie could do it for Caro and Elena. Guess they handed that over to Luke. Or his coven knew as well. 

Oh, and Jo putting the kibosh and de-vampization was hilarious. One-time only deal, stop asking. Guess the writers foresaw viewers going "wait a minute, does this mean we have a legit vamp cure now, depending on the death?" Ironically, their explanation didn`t really erase this question mark. She said it was a matter of having a treatable wound. Well, if Alaric`s gaping chest hole was treatable, why not the gunshot wounds of the brothers? Like Elena couldn`t be brought back with CPR? Caroline with intubation? Even Liam with a heroic pen could probably do it. And have a purpose finally.

So much this. I keep thinking how BAD Kai's family must have been if the abrasive bitch is the sister he loved so much he "spared" her.

Heh. I had some hope that she is half-way evil if the family psycho liked her best. 

his episode just cemented why Delena sucks all the life of thhis show, particularly when it comes to Damon's character. He is great in every scene he is except when he pathetically grovels to Elena and looks like a desperate stalker. All his scenes with Bonnie in the previous episodes were ten times better

See, I disagree with this. I don't like seeing Damon "grovel" to anyone, but it wouldn't be in character for him not to try to win back the love of his life. His 165 yr quest to get Katherine back is proof that this vamp is driven by love. IS is fantastic in those scenes, his genuine compassion and love comes through in his acting. I enjoy this side of Damon that he reserves for those he truly cares about, that is the real Damon Salvatore IMO. 

Those scenes at the party were amazing, he was Damon with the one liners "You're a day late and a dollar short honey" and "Get her a chardonnay" Elena "I hate Chardonnay" Damon "I know". He loves this woman, but he is still Damon.

I love him, because, when push comes to shove, he loves his woman, above everything.

The stalking thing is just ridiculous IMO, she loves him. Magic is preventing her true feelings here. She knows it, he knows it, so this is not truly stalking. He is not delusional in his beliefs that she doesn't feel the same deep down, unlike true stalking.

• Love 3

Tripp was off screen for quite awhile.  And from what I remember, not given a huge chance to talk before he was pushed across the border into Mystic Falls where he immediately started dying....thus, also unable to talk.

I wondered about this too.  I guest Enzoe wouldn't necessarily have had to feed Tripp since the magic of waking in the pre-vamp state would also be reversed by the border, but how did Tripp forget having his throat slit and waking up hungry (we have seen that at waking up the instinct to get blood is fairly strong)?  And yes, the timeline has never been clearly established.  Stefan's girlfriend was still apparently dead a day plus later when he threw her in his (extremely tiny) trunk.  However Caroline seemed to awake relatively quickly.  If their isn't much guarantee, then Enzo's plan was pretty F'ing risky.  What if Tripp were till out when the time for exchange arrived?

Yeah, unless Enzo had started turning Tripp almost immediately and that he was turned would explain the chains Enzo tied him up in. On top of that Tripp was being held for at least a couple days and tortured, so it's no surprise Tripp doesn't notice. He was probably aching everywhere and he hadn't eaten for two days so he could have passed off both the pains of transition and the hunger as the result of that.

Regarding Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I always found the crawling out of graves pretty funny.  Apparently the Vamp process took several days, wasn't interupted by emblaming or autopsies, and Sunnydale wasn't big on cremation.... or the whole town was full of people that belonged to some sort of super odd religion that inexplicably had no issue with alcohol, club/coffee hangouts for teens, or miniskits, but required immediate burial without emblaming or autopsies...

I'm not going to take this any further than this to avoid getting into a whole Buffy the Vampire discussion since we're on the wrong part of the forum for that, but having nutty things happen that make no sense just to justify Sunnydale's very existence is par for the course for that town. I know if I lived there for a week I would have moved out ASAP so the fact that any human being still lives there is ridiculous.

• Love 1

I like Jo. *looks around and shrugs* I'm kind of a fan of abrasive bitches though personally. Katherine was a favourite of mine. Now passive-aggressive bitches, that's why I keep a stake handy.

I wasn't crazy about Jo at first, because she seemed judgmental (scolded Ric for taking two BLOODY SECONDS TO LOOK AT A BLEEDING KID and shrugged off Jeremy's 'rough couple of months' as though it were nothing when she knows nothing about the poor boy's terrible life). I had already guessed by then that she was Kai's sister so I sort of saw why the writers made her a bit hardened, but still... Judgmental.

Long story short, I liked Jo better after episode 5, 6 and 7. Jolaric, on the other hand... I liked them after 5 and 6, but for some reason they were very off in this episode. I don't know if it was Matt Davis' acting (Mainly that last scene in Jo's apartment. The kiss seemed so awkward. I can't watch it without laughing out loud.) or what.

Ultimately, I think they're 'okay', but I hope they become better than that. I don't want OK on my screen, not when so much on TVD is just okay or bearable nowadays. But Jenna and Jalaric forever. <333

Still hoping there's more to Jo than just her being a victim of Kai's massacre. I don't want her to be completely evil nor do I think she is, but can she be a little evil? Sometimes? In her sparetime? Or used to be? Pwetty please?

Edited by aliensoul
I could see Enzo having him compel Tripp to forget he had been turned but without that possibility it just seems sloppy that Tripp didn't know he had been murdered and turned into a vampire.

Maybe Enzo cut out Tripp's tongue while he was still alive, and it didn't grow back when Tripp turned?

See, I disagree with this. I don't like seeing Damon "grovel" to anyone, but it wouldn't be in character for him not to try to win back the love of his life. His 165 yr quest to get Katherine back is proof that this vamp is driven by love. IS is fantastic in those scenes, his genuine compassion and love comes through in his acting. I enjoy this side of Damon that he reserves for those he truly cares about, that is the real Damon Salvatore IMO. 

Those scenes at the party were amazing, he was Damon with the one liners "You're a day late and a dollar short honey" and "Get her a chardonnay" Elena "I hate Chardonnay" Damon "I know". He loves this woman, but he is still Damon.

I love him, because, when push comes to shove, he loves his woman, above everything.

The stalking thing is just ridiculous IMO, she loves him. Magic is preventing her true feelings here. She knows it, he knows it, so this is not truly stalking. He is not delusional in his beliefs that she doesn't feel the same deep down, unlike true stalking.

I agree with this post.  I am loving Damon's character so far this season.  Maybe its because the writers are using Enzo as their bad boy/impulsive murderer and not keeping Damon in that character groove anymore (thank God!).  They need to let him evolve, as the character has tried to over the last few seasons, but the writers kept dragging him backward.  ugh

I think it was perfectly in character for him to go after Elena, and to be mad that she chose to erase him.  The scene in the rain, new to us, shows that they both promised forever.  Now all we saw was drama, drama, and angst in the show, which is annoying, but its perfectly acceptable for him to *try* to get her back - and I DON'T see any groveling at all from Damon.

I do love that Damon is taking a step back and now can focus on a mission- Bonnie.

What's going to be interesting to see is this:  as soon as Damon brings in the others to his desire to get Bonnie back (which I assume will be right away, at least Stefan and Ric), is Jo going to share/be upfront about who she is or is she going to hide it and not help?  All Damon has to do is mention Kai, how evil he is/what he did to his family, his coven name, the year he was trapped in, etc, around Alaric and Jo and we'll get to see what her motives might be going forward based on how she reacts.

I want to see everyone working together for Bonnie for once (and I was never a big Bonnie fan until this season).  So it'd be nice to see Damon rally the troops, give everyone a purpose and bring them back to the same page.  They've been so scattered all season and need to unite again.  Jeremy will do the usual teenage fit of "you lied to us" blah blah, but will be on board  :)  

And I'm interested in everyone's reaction to Damon and Bonnie's new connection/friendship.  Should be fun.

And I'm interested in everyone's reaction to Damon and Bonnie's new connection/friendship.  Should be fun.

I am too.  I am betting that Elena is jealous of Damon's attention to Bonnie.  If the guys are not falling all over her, she doesn't want them to look at anyone else, even in a friend type way.  Tyler is so lucky he escaped the irresistable pull of Elena's magic vagina.

• Love 1

My only issue is Elena.  I can not stand her.  I have shipped Delena since forever but OMG, I wish it had been Damon who was compelled to forget Elena!  I just want him with anyone else!  IMO, they could not make Elena any more self-centered and horrible if they tried!  I was pleasantly surprised that she went for it and crossed the Mystic Falls border to try to end the compulsion but that was the only thing she did that didn't make me want her to just die already.

A Damon NOT obsessed with Elena would be an awesome Damon! And I am not a shipper, but I am actually rooting for Caroline and Stephan, if he gets his head out of his ass and starts treating her as well as he used to. They would be cute because they have both been so real with one another over the years. His time with Elena never felt right-like he wasn't himself with her. 

I continue to worry for Alaric. Now that he is human, I am waiting for them to kill him off again and I will be SO pissed.

So maybe Jo is a stone cold bitch because her brother scarred her for life and gave her trust issues. At least it was explained why she made that messed up comment to Alaric in the hospital right after they met, about how he should pay attention to her and not the bleeding patient. She already KNEW he was a vampire, and hated it. Trying to like her, but so far she is just there. She is no Jenna.

Bonnie's scenes were still awesome, and I am thrilled that Damon now knows to go looking for his friend. I hope when they bring her back that they don't gloss over that and everyone goes back to ignoring her all the time. And she better not come back and NOT be friends with Damon- that would be such a waste of the chemistry there. I wonder if they will clue Jeremy in that she could be alive? Where is Jeremy... It was refreshing not dealing with his attitude. Now how about an Elena-free episode.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 1

I hope when they bring her back that they don't gloss over that and everyone goes back to ignoring her all the time. And she better not come back and NOT be friends with Damon- that would be such a waste of the chemistry there.

Agreed.  Do the powers that be KNOW that they have gold there? Or ...

Now how about an Elena-free episode.

From your lips .... Boy would that be a great episode! I think the writers think that Elena Sue is as popular with everyone as she was for a few minutes in season one when everyone was praising her for not being Bella Swan.

• Love 2