Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: First Wives Club

Tori just will not accept any blame for screwing a married man.  I agree that she didn't steal her prize, but she behaved badly and it's about time she owned it.  Humping her married soul-meat on their first drunken encounter goes against the whole" treat people like you would want to be treated rule".   She's clueless.  I suppose if she handed her side-pork a belt to beat his kids, she would tell everyone, "hey,  don't blame me, I didn't hit them or promise to protect them".  Just own it Tori, people make mistakes, you made a big one, admit it!

Tori complaining about a party being too big?  Didn't she have 60 people at Liam's 2nd or 3rd birthday?  When it's one of her litter, she's okay with it.  Jack seems like a good kid, I hope he doesn't get roasted for being around the odd couple.

• Love 2

Surprised that Tori's good "friend" didn't know about Tori's prior visit to Mary Jo and how she brought a knife. Everyone on this board knows that. Invest in your role. Buy the book!

That friend is so fake and totally is creaming herself over this friendship with Tori.  She claims she doesn't know half the shit that went on, she totally does. I was expecting her to say, "you mean you were on a hit TV show in the 90's? I never knew that!" "Wait, how did I not know your dad was a big time producer?"

I loved seeing Mary Jo and could use a page out of her book. I'm Mary Jo. 7 years ago my husband up and left his family for a woman he worked with who was also married. Be damned everyone else, they were meant to be together. Were married 2 months after the divorce.  I'm still the single one. But like Mary Jo, I'm watching karma smack my ex since he's also married to a real head case.  I mean I don't know who is more mental, her or Tori.  I'm definitely not as confident and awesome as Mary Jo. But I do have to hand it to Dean. It was nice to invite her, hug her and talk to her. My ex pretends like he never knew me, like we haven't known eachother since we were 14 and have families who know eachother. He treats me like a stranger. Would never give a friendly hug and most of the time makes me wait outside when picking up the kids (they're in my old house!). So good job Mary Jo!  And I'll give a little bit of the good job to Dean too for treating her nicely at the party. Jack seems like a good kid. My oldest son is 16 too. This is getting creepy, the similarities.

She may have had time to prepare but I liked her speech to her too. When my ex's wife starts babbling nonsense, I usually just shut up and try my damndest to not roll my eyes in her face.

• Love 8
Tori complaining about a party being too big?  Didn't she have 60 people at Liam's 2nd or 3rd birthday?  When it's one of her litter, she's okay with it.  Jack seems like a good kid, I hope he doesn't get roasted for being around the odd couple.

I initially thought the same thing, but the guests are the little kids' parties are much younger and ostensibly chaperoned by a parent or something. For Jack's party, it was going to be 60 teenagers, and I doubt their moms and dads would be tagging along. I'd be hesitant to be responsible for that many adolescents myself. 

That party. I can feel for Jack because he seemed like he was trying to buy a lot of favor with the other kids at school. With the circus that is his father's current marriage, and the way Dean left the family, I bet he's teased and harassed relentlessly. I did enjoy watching him and Liam because it's obvious Liam likes being around his older brother. 

Maybe it was the editing, but I was totally confused about what the series of issues about the party were. Instead of just deciding how many people Jack was allowed to invite and telling him that, it seemed like they left it open, then freaked out when he gave them a number, then kept changing their minds about what number was acceptable up until the party was actually in progress. Then, the next day they agreed that everything had gone well, but they still needed to have a disciplinary talk with Jack about... something.

Tori and Dean are both such self-involved drama queens that I'm sure it's very hard on Jack dealing with them. Tori has to turn every situation into her somehow being victimized and can't even cede the emotional spotlight to her own small children without ultimately twisting things around to be about her and her endless pains and struggles anyway. So I can't see her dealing with the normal challenges of co-parenting a teen/having a teen who's not her child in her home part-time without many breakdowns and freak outs and insisting that Dean choose between her and Jack in various small and large ways. I thought she was kind of an asshole about the party, both with setting up the weird situation of planning with Jack without Dean being there and not giving Jack clear parameters, then going to Dean and complaining that Jack is somehow taking advantage and with being overly dramatic about "stepping aside" out of respect for MJ. There were multiple scenes with Tori standing two feet away from Dean and MJ watching them with a baby on her hip. Obviously, that was very awkward. Tori could have actually given them space and busied herself in another location or she could have acted like an adult and joined in with the conversation, photo, whatever. I'm sure that afterwards Dean got an earful about the time he was standing by the pool laughing with MJ or posed for a picture with his arm around her and was like, "What? What are you talking about? Yeah, I talked to her..." and Tori responding, "See?! You didn't even notice me! I was standing right there and you ignored me!" She lives for that kind of crazy set up/punishment to assert her control over him.

Generally, it seemed assholish of Dean and Tori to create this storyline for their "reality show" in which Jack was painted in a somewhat bad light. I think they  came off 10 times worse than anyone else (as usual) and Jack seemed like a nice kid, but teenagers are very sensitive and I could see how it might be embarrassing for him to put all this "behind the scenes drama" about his party on TV. They also talked about him misbehaving in some way and how they need to discipline him more. That's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but, again, I think that can be embarrassing for a kid his age and it seems unkind to me to put anything remotely negative about your kid on national TV, especially for purely "entertainment" purposes like this show.

And the thing is, they faked a great deal of the drama around the party for the show. I assume that the scenes of everything being a mess that were supposedly shot the next morning were fake since they had caterers/staff working at the party. In the kitchen scene with Dean, MJ, and Tori you see one of the catering guys standing behind Tori at one point. They want us to think they're "normal" people who clean up after their own parties, but normal people wouldn't go to bed with the uneaten birthday cake sitting out or without figuring out what the teenagers who were still in their house were going to do. They made it seem as if Dean had allowed Jack's friends to sleep over without Tori's knowledge and he had assumed that the kids would clean up when he went to bed, but who does that? It was a fake scenario set up for the show.

Was I the only person who noticed that when Tori was driving to meet Jack, Stella was wearing berry colored lipstick like Tori?

I noticed that too, as well as Stella's high heeled wedge sandals. I didn't know they even made high heels for 6-year-olds.

See, I always thought it was the $pelling name - thus the rush to pop out a grandchild so quickly; that's a Golddigger 101 move.  Of course that doesn't explain the other three kids or how cute I thought this little family was on her other shows.  Maybe they were madly in love after all - I don't know and after watching this trainwreck I don't really care either. 

And speaking of the other three kids, it always amazes me when I see these two lounging around in the middle of the day (in this case hanging out at the therapist's office after the session has ended) remarking how crazy hectic their lives are with four kids - even though those same kids are never in those shots and no one is rushing off. 

I think they had multiple kids because that's what Tori wanted and Dean saw additional kids as a way to further solidify his future with her. I believe that Candy has set up separate trust funds for each kid, so the more kids they have the more more money is put into the future Spelling-McDermott family fortune.

There is something very off about Tori Spelling that becomes glaring when she interacts with more normal people. I noticed it last season in the few scenes she filmed with the much classier Jennie Garth, and I noticed it again with Mary Jo. Its a combination of how she looks and how she acts that resembles a cartoon caricature of a person. Tori just doesn't give off the vibe of a mature adult. And when she's interacting with Jennie and Mary Jo, its so painfully obvious that she's just WEIRD. You don't notice it as much when she's with Dean of any of those hired friends they have her do scenes with, but with more normal people, its really obvious she looks weird and talks like a seriously dysfunctional, immature human being. Its like watching that movie Roger Rabbit, where cartoons interact with real people.

Very good point. Tori is weird and the little world she's constructed for herself with all the yes men and women is weird. She constantly whines about bullshit like a child/teenager and everyone around her acts like it's normal.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 3
There is something very off about Tori Spelling that becomes glaring when she interacts with more normal people. I noticed it last season in the few scenes she filmed with the much classier Jennie Garth, and I noticed it again with Mary Jo. Its a combination of how she looks and how she acts that resembles a cartoon caricature of a person. Tori just doesn't give off the vibe of a mature adult. And when she's interacting with Jennie and Mary Jo, its so painfully obvious that she's just WEIRD. You don't notice it as much when she's with Dean of any of those hired friends they have her do scenes with, but with more normal people, its really obvious she looks weird and talks like a seriously dysfunctional, immature human being.

I think a big part of it is her being very conscious of the cameras and trying to construct a story for her show. When she is on camera, she is always acting. Some of the normal people on the show who don't have anything invested in trying to make a good show (i.e., aren't on the cast payroll) are just acting normal, but Tori is incapable of relaxing into normality. She has talked before about trying to create a storyline for her reality shows and she's still doing that here. She's exaggerating everything (and coming off like a cartoon character) because she's acting, and trying too hard to make a "good" show.

On a related note, I thought the whole "inviting Mary Jo to a party at our house" thing was very staged for drama. My parents divorced when I was very young (and my Dad ended up marrying the other woman) and there was no reason for them to ever be at a party together, other than my wedding reception. My Mom was never in my Dad's house, and vice versa. They were cordial, and communicated over the phone when they needed to coordinate, but there was no reason for them to socialize in person. Why make drama? Unless you have a reality show, of course.

• Love 2

Watching the conversation between Mary Jo and Tori now, Mary Jo is so much better looking and seems more intelligent than Tori.

So much truth.  Mary Jo came across as classier, more confident, smarter, and just all-around more evolved than Tori.  Not to mention the woman is gorgeous. Pretty face and great body (without being a skeleton like *somebody* else we know).  I know she's 11 years older than Tori but damn if they don't look the same age.  In fact, MJ might even look younger.  You know that's gotta burn Tori up that she's such an attractive woman. 

I'm surprised though that Tori hasn't ever spoken to Mary Jo in all this time, that's what I think is strange.

They have talked.  But never one-on-one.  I'm assuming Dean or Jack were always around in the past. 

Just read that article about Mary Jo:  What a condescending witch she sounds with this statement:  It was the usual low-budget schlock, made for a network with romantically challenged viewers suffering from low self-esteem and minor learning disabilities. 

And then the gem about how no one sleeps with Tori Spelling willingly?  I mean WTF lady?  She doesn't sound like a nice person IMO, but then again, she did marry Dean

Considering exactly what went down when Dean left her for T, I'd say that the woman is entitled to a little bitterness.  No, scratch that. ALOT of bitterness. 

• Love 8

Tori, Tori, Tori. Great job. After seeing how well Dean and MJ got along and how comfortable they were with each other -- you decide to meet with MJ and then run home to tell Dean about the note (clearly part of next episode). Don't ya think that will affect Jack if his parents can't get along? That was shitty.

• Love 2
Tori just will not accept any blame for screwing a married man.

I agree, but my question is, what is Tori supposed to do?  Wear a scarlet letter forever?  I don't think Dean's accepted any blame either.

I also think that, at least now, Mary Jo sees that she dodged a serious bullet, at least Dean didn't give her an STD.  I wonder what she ever saw in that douche.

Edited by Neurochick

I agree, but my question is, what is Tori supposed to do?  Wear a scarlet letter forever?  I don't think Dean's accepted any blame either.

Since she's decided that the story is part of the "fairy tale" she's built her career around, then pretty much yes. If she didn't keep bringing up the whole "soul mates" thing & using the backstory for her reality shows then maybe it would go away, but she's the one who isn't letting it go. Tori is proud of that scarlet letter because it means Dean loved her more than MJ. 

• Love 8

Saying "Dean is no better" isn't really a convincing defense of Tori's actions. I guess what she's supposed to do depends on whom you ask. My interpretation of what Mary Jo wanted her to do was take responsibility for her actions without blaming them on "true love" or Dean or whatever else, basically "own it," to quote MJ verbatim. Instead, Tori is all, "You can't help who you fall in love with" and "We didn't want to hurt anyone, but people got hurt..." "People got hurt..." is not what you say to the woman who was left in the dust with 2 kids when you rode off into the sunset with her husband. "I'm really sorry for the hurt that we caused..." is much better and goes a lot farther toward redeeming Tori and enabling MJ and the public to move on. Even apart from "falling in love," Tori did a lot of horrible things like publicly label MJ as crazy, a bitter ex-wife, mean, old, and infertile. She knew that MJ had multiple miscarriages and she made some remark about being a young wife who could give Dean babies. It would be horrible enough if Tori said these things privately to her friends, but she said them publicly. She has a lot to apologize to MJ for and none of it is stuff that just happened; it's stuff Tori did deliberately either with no regard for MJ's (and her kids') feelings or to intentionally hurt her.

• Love 20

Yes, it struck me that Tori could not apologize for her actions. Instead it was all defensive. "When it happened to me I didn't blame Emily" is sort of a dig at Mary Jo. Tori doesn't blame Emily so Mary Jo shouldn't blame Tori and it's petty of her if she does. That is Tori's twisted logic. Also the whole "I can't help who I fall in love with" BS. I suppose she tripped and accidentally landed on Dean's penis too?

• Love 11

Yes, it struck me that Tori could not apologize for her actions. Instead it was all defensive. "When it happened to me I didn't blame Emily" is sort of a dig at Mary Jo.

Yes, and, also Dean didn't leave Tori for Emily - so it's a big difference.

• Love 3

Mary Jo appeared to be on something during her meeting with Tori. Maybe her constant moving around and not being able to focus was nerves, but still .... I got a weird vibe.

I don't think Mary Jo was on anything other than endorphins and the awkwardness being thrown at her by Tori. I think Mary Jo was behaving strangely because Tori is strange. It's like sitting across the table from a rabid Chihuahua. They may be small, but they can bite.

There is something very off about Tori Spelling that becomes glaring when she interacts with more normal people. I noticed it last season in the few scenes she filmed with the much classier Jennie Garth, and I noticed it again with Mary Jo. Its a combination of how she looks and how she acts that resembles a cartoon caricature of a person. Tori just doesn't give off the vibe of a mature adult. And when she's interacting with Jennie and Mary Jo, its so painfully obvious that she's just WEIRD. .

Ding, ding, ding.

The reason Tori comes off as strange when confronted with regular people is because she has no idea what normal people do. She is used to believing that the world actually gives two shits about what she says, wears, feels, looks, and thinks. She truly believes people want to be her. This is a woman who was delusional enough to think Martha Stewart was stealing her ideas and that she could rival Martha's empire. This is a woman who thinks she knows what an average, American housewife wants, wears, and deals with. She literally just made a huge deal about taking her daughter to cheerleading- and? Most moms juggle so much more than Tori, without nannies and money. Most moms don't spend $300 at Michaels to buy, what us essentially, a calender or family planner. The fact that Tori thinks she's invented birthday parties, juggling career and kids, and not eating is what makes her so laughable. She has no clue what poor actually is and she has no idea how uncomfortable it is to watch an immature child raise children. Mary Jo is a woman. Tori is an immature breeder. She thinks her choices are validated because people like Courtney, Mehran, and Dr. Wexler don't have enough love for her to tell her the truth. Mary Jo handed her the truth and tried to treat her like an adult...and that's foreign ground for Tori.

• Love 14

"Since 90210 every scripted series I've been in has only gone one season."  Do you see what your father did for you, Tori?  He may have left you only $800,000 but he gave you nearly 300 episodes of 90210 -- with residual checks for the rest of your life.  Shut the hell up and recognize that you aren't talented.

• Love 6

I think Tori does have some comedic talent actually. So NoTORIous was a really good show. If I were her I'd spend less time worrying about my next reality show, which will only serve to make an even bigger fool of herself, and more time shopping a revival of that show to We or Oxygen or Logo.

• Love 8

Tori just will not accept any blame for screwing a married man.  I agree that she didn't steal her prize, but she behaved badly and it's about time she owned it.  Humping her married soul-meat on their first drunken encounter goes against the whole" treat people like you would want to be treated rule".   She's clueless.  I suppose if she handed her side-pork a belt to beat his kids, she would tell everyone, "hey,  don't blame me, I didn't hit them or promise to protect them".  Just own it Tori, people make mistakes, you made a big one, admit it!

YES SHE DID!  You are right!  She threw some huge stupid parties for HER kids.  Someone should have just given T a coma cocktail and tell her to stay the fuck upstairs.  Loved loved loved Mary Jo.  I would have been more evil.  "Remember when had lil son Lablover, it took us what, 3 weeks before we started knocking boots again. hahahahahaha.  You are such a great chef!  I love how you nuke a potato.  Remember when we played I was the butter and you were the potato?  Oh, Hi Tori." 

Edited by Lablover27

I think if I were Mary Jo, knowing that Tori had come to visit me once with a knife in her purse, I'd probably be "off" as well. Wondering when Tori was going to pull something equally nutty.

With her thigh high boots and her hair in pony tails.  A knife in her purse.  Does Tori think we don't remember the shit she writes in her books?  She's lucky Jack will even speak to her.  Speaks volumes for Mary Jo.  Mary Jo and T at the same table.  I kept thinking .... who would I kill, shag and that's as far as I got.  A clue, never ever think of Dean, I would have brought my own damn knife. 

She may have had time to prepare but I liked her speech to her too. When my ex's wife starts babbling nonsense, I usually just shut up and try my damndest to not roll my eyes in her face.

You are a better person than me.  I always ask "Have you seen *******, your daughter you lost custody of?  How old is she now?  Must be so hard..."  Then I get text from my ex saying "that was funny, but she may slit her wrist again."  I say -"sorry she's such a mess.  This is what we are doing for the holidays....." 

• Love 1

I'd barf but I'm afraid Tori's CoCo would eat it.

Yes, Tori I agree, Dean and Mary Jo. Hey, they are not the first nor the last ex's to have hot sex together. Mary Jo doesn't have a baby on her hip and all your stupid phobias. Deano just wants to get laid - with no pillow talk - pick up his bike helmet and drive home to nuke a potato for Liam.

God, please TMZ, Radar, Us, InStyle, anyone...please tell me this shit is fake as hell. 60 kids for a birthday party. Just do it, stfu, order pizza, go upstairs and check in once in a moment. Tori does these stupid parties for her kids but now her panties are in a wad for Jack? Call Dave & Busters. And Tori, stay the fuck out of it and wear a real t-shirt, I'm sick of your stupid wardrobe with the muscle t-shirts.

Mary Jo looked hawt! Heeeeeeee heeeee heeeee! Winner winner chicken dinner! Since we are friends here, I do the same with my ex, but I have never met his new wife. I just fuck with her by messaging my ex. Like this would throw her off the edge "****, call me about our son". Or, my favorite is "You left some stuff here xxoo come by to pick it up." She locked herself in her room over that one. Then he told me "She wants to come everytime I come to your house." I said "Hell no. Bitch is crazy." He said "I know." so now it's all secret code... "Call me about (son #1). But if I add xo which I do cuz it's funny as hell. Mary Jo and Dean - If I were Mary Jo I'd be in that kitchen too talking all about Uncle Joe and Aunt Rose and tell him he is the cook....she looked hawt! I was loving every minute of it. Sorry. But I read Tori's book. At 18 years old she was banging the cook at the spelling mansion - it may have been earlier than 18. That scene with Dean in the bed "my parents were so strick at 18" Banging the cook in the Manor....ooooh okay. Liar. Fraud. Stupid.

Lablover, you lost me somewhere there in the middle of your story.

Mary Jo fucks with them by adding xoxo to her texts to Dean about son #1 (Jack)? If she does, I don't like her as much as I thought I did as that's immature as hell.

She didn't strike me as that type.

Lablover, you lost me somewhere there in the middle of your story.

Mary Jo fucks with them by adding xoxo to her texts to Dean about son #1 (Jack)? If she does, I don't like her as much as I thought I did as that's immature as hell.

She didn't strike me as that type.

Oh I'm sorry.  Yeah, sometimes I make no sense.  Sorry.  That's my text to my ex husband's wife.  Not Mary Jo.  Sorry.  I just can't write as good as some posters here.  :) 

Dean doesn't appear to be working at the moment, so why wasn't Dean on top of this birthday party thing? Tori shouldn't take the blame for how many people Dean's 16 year old son invited. Why wasn't the party discussed before Jack invited anyone? And if it bothers Dean, Dean should call or meet with his own son and have a discussion about the guest list, not just whine to Tori about how many people were invited and then take no action himself. I think Dean likes being the fun parent, and Tori and Maryjo are left to do the harder work of discipline.

Oh, and their landlord must have been thrilled that they were throwing a part at a house they don't own and inviting 60 teenagers.

As much as I dislike Tori, Dean doesn't follow through or take responsibility for things. His hobbies, his multiple marriages, and yet no consistent job and the CHEF doesn't appear to make a decent dinner for his own kids in that huge gourmet kitchen.

• Love 2
Ding, ding, ding.

The reason Tori comes off as strange when confronted with regular people is because she has no idea what normal people do. She is used to believing that the world actually gives two shits about what she says, wears, feels, looks, and thinks. She truly believes people want to be her. This is a woman who was delusional enough to think Martha Stewart was stealing her ideas and that she could rival Martha's empire. This is a woman who thinks she knows what an average, American housewife wants, wears, and deals with. She literally just made a huge deal about taking her daughter to cheerleading- and? Most moms juggle so much more than Tori, without nannies and money. Most moms don't spend $300 at Michaels to buy, what us essentially, a calender or family planner. The fact that Tori thinks she's invented birthday parties, juggling career and kids, and not eating is what makes her so laughable. She has no clue what poor actually is and she has no idea how uncomfortable it is to watch an immature child raise children. Mary Jo is a woman. Tori is an immature breeder. She thinks her choices are validated because people like Courtney, Mehran, and Dr. Wexler don't have enough love for her to tell her the truth. Mary Jo handed her the truth and tried to treat her like an adult...and that's foreign ground for Tori.

I really agree with this.  When Tori was talking to Mary Jo, I really saw the difference.  Mary Jo came off as a woman, while Tori came across as a child.  I get annoyed when Tori calls herself a "single mother" when she's not one and has no idea what a single mother does.  

I think Tori's real problem is that she doesn't think other people are "real."  Don't know if that makes sense, but I don't think she gets that other people have real emotions and real feelings, she just think she's the only one with feelings.  She seems to be a person who was taught that the sun rises and sets with her, that people who don't like her are just jealous.  

• Love 5

Jesus, who doesn’t ask for a guest list before preparing a party?!  Since Tori was the one that wanted to talk to Jack about what he wanted, she should have spoken with Dean beforehand about how many guests he could have.  But noooooooooo, list-gate was all Dean’s fault. (rme)

Mary Jo was on fiyah! during their lunch talk….Tori was quick to throw Dean under the bus (i.e., it was all his fault they had the affair) but Mary Jo wasn’t having it.  Like she said, own your part; Dean could have shaken his frank and beans in your face everyday but while he was wrong to cheat on his wife, you made the final choice to sit, suck and ride!  Notice how her eyes were downcast when Mary Jo was giving it to her.

• Love 9

IMO violence isn't the way to go unless someone's trying to kill you or someone you love, sorry.  I can't get on board with that.  People can't be stolen unless at gunpoint, and unless Tori had a gun on her, then Dean went willingly; I've never been with this, "she stole my...."  No, honey, your husband was a douche and he chose to leave.  No woman has a magical vagina that renders men helpless.

I'm surprised though that Tori hasn't ever spoken to Mary Jo in all this time, that's what I think is strange.  

Just read that article about Mary Jo:  What a condescending witch she sounds with this statement:  It was the usual low-budget schlock, made for a network with romantically challenged viewers suffering from low self-esteem and minor learning disabilities.  

And then the gem about how no one sleeps with Tori Spelling willingly?  I mean WTF lady?  She doesn't sound like a nice person IMO, but then again, she did marry Dean.

Thank you for saying this because I'm reading all of the comments about how awesome Mary Jo is and I'm like...erm. Yeah, I don't see it. I guess compared to Tori she has it 'together', but I remember reading comments she made around the time her marriage ended and I just didn't care for her. Her appearance on this show didn't change my mind.

I get why Tori was concerned about having 60 teens at the party. With her children's parties, the young guests come with nannies/guardians/parents. That's almost never the case with teen parties. However, Tori and Dean could have easily said 'You can invite 20 friends max' and there wouldn't have been an issue. If I am hosting a birthday party for a minor, I should get final say on the guest list.

• Love 2

Yes, and, also Dean didn't leave Tori for Emily - so it's a big difference.

Not to mention, Emily appears to have dropped off the face of the earth so poses no threat to 'Tori&Dean'.  Mary Jo didn't even get an opportunity to work things out with Dean in therapy or hem and haw for a few months deciding whether or not she wanted to stay in or leave the marriage.  The choice was made for her.  Why Tori can't see the distinction is mindblowing.  

Regarding the birthday party:  They made this out like it was thrown together at the last minute but in order to secure all of the permits and valet and rent all of that crap, planning must have taken a couple of months.  Why didn't anyone send out evites and request RSVP?  It wasn't like a kegger where who ever shows up shows up.  It was a birthday party at the house of a family with small kids.  Wouldn't Jack's classmates/friends have to have their parents OK to be filmed or be on a set (insurance purposes?)

• Love 2

As far as Jack and the party, Tori and Dean can miss me with the tip toeing around about the number of guests. It's your damn house you can set limits, Jack would have been fine. It's not like he's some spoiled demanding brat, he seemed cool with whatever Tori came up with. Any residual guilt Dean has about not saying no to Jack is Dean's issue, no need to place that on Jack's shoulders or behavior(which seemed pretty decent as is). They were making issues where there was none for the sake of filler for the episode.

I don't know much about Mary Jo & have always side eyed her for getting with Dean in the first place, but no controversies have ever followed her that weren't engineered by the McDermotts to embarrass & tear her down, so I've never had a problem with her.

Her humor comes off as dry & sarcastic, and that's how I took those Lifetime movie of the month comments. They typically are badly acted cheesy crap that's really befitting Tori & Dean's entire "relationship" and it's beginnings. That has to crush your ego/self esteem, knowing your husband left you while filming a fucking Lifetime movie. Mary Jo does not have to defend me as a viewer (I secretly love the Xmas movies!!!), she can bash whatever she wants lol.

• Love 7

Not to mention, Emily appears to have dropped off the face of the earth so poses no threat to 'Tori&Dean'.  Mary Jo didn't even get an opportunity to work things out with Dean in therapy or hem and haw for a few months deciding whether or not she wanted to stay in or leave the marriage.  The choice was made for her.  Why Tori can't see the distinction is mindblowing.  

Tori's comparison of herself and Emily was just another bullshit rationale to paint herself as an innocent victim. Mary Jo really hasn't done anything to her besides make some snarky remarks in her account of the end of her marriage. Tori has said far nastier things about Mary Jo publicly and Tori fucked her husband and conspired with him for him to leave his family. Tori carries on about being scared of MJ and "knowing that MJ hates her," but that's just her immaturity and victim complex. She's done much more to hurt MJ than vice versa (I would say MJ hasn't really done anything to hurt her). It's extremely telling that Tori has never apologized to MJ before and she only did it now for her TV show and to try to paint herself in a sympathetic light. Even then, the apology was very lame and Tori spent more time defending herself and refusing any responsibility for anything than expressing genuine remorse or even a basic understanding of what she did wrong. But then, she's so delusional that she expected MJ to be "on her side" and commiserate with her about how much it hurts to be cheated on by Dean. That's the part that blows my mind.

Regarding the birthday party:  They made this out like it was thrown together at the last minute but in order to secure all of the permits and valet and rent all of that crap, planning must have taken a couple of months.  Why didn't anyone send out evites and request RSVP?  It wasn't like a kegger where who ever shows up shows up.  It was a birthday party at the house of a family with small kids.  Wouldn't Jack's classmates/friends have to have their parents OK to be filmed or be on a set (insurance purposes?)

Most/all of the party drama was fake. Obviously, a party planner's first question would be "how many people are you inviting?" If you were planning a party for a teenager and knew that the party would be on TV/in your rented 7-figure home/etc./etc., it would be that much more obvious that you needed to nail down the details. The minor attendees' parents would have to sign releases, production would have to make arrangements for additional staff, you'd have to make arrangements for parking, etc., etc., etc. Mary Jo was paid to participate, so that had to be negotiated in advance. They acted as if the concept of RSVPs didn't exist because that would have ruined the "storyline." It's like a bad sitcom- "OMG! Jack invited 100 teens to our house and we have no idea how many will show up! Is this going to turn into a rave?! Should we hire security?!" I did love how T & D kept mentioning raves to build the suspense over whether their home would be taken over by a wild horde of intoxicated teens. Thank dog that Tori and her babies made it out alive!

Dean is a piece of shit for calling his son's mother a manipulative bitch on an episode of his show that he knew his son's friends would be watching. Technically, it's in the next episode, but it's part of the same storyline and he should have known that there was a good chance they'd see it. And the thing is, he's just mad that she told the truth about him. I'm sure he did write the note MJ showed Tori and that he was pledging his love to her weeks before he "fell in love" with Tori. I wonder what his reaction was when he saw how Tori was throwing him under the bus to MJ to try to make herself look better. He must be so pissed about his portrayal throughout this show, which cracks me up. In the preview for next week he said that he feels like he's a laughingstock, which is the most self-aware thing I've heard from him. He must be so bitter about how all of this has turned out. He married Tori thinking that she'd be filthy rich when her ailing father died and he would become an A-list, or at least C-list, actor in Hollywood. He probably figured that if things didn't work out with Tori he could divorce her after a few years/kids and get a big chunk of her fortune while also making his own money acting. Instead, he's eking out a living by selling his soul on reality TV, Tori makes his life a living hell, and he's a joke in Hollywood who's lucky to get a guest spot on CSI. The only thing that could make it better is if MJ's career took off and she ended up being the one who ended up a big star because of the notoriety of his sordid affair with Tori. That would be priceless.

• Love 8

I agree, but my question is, what is Tori supposed to do?  Wear a scarlet letter forever?  I don't think Dean's accepted any blame either.

Oh, but he has....hence, this show.  All he seems to do is say 'I ruined our marriage'/'I fucked up everything', etc., etc. and he's forever labeled the douchebag.  Again, he knew exactly what he was doing when he sidled up to Tori during that movie but at the end of the day, she had the friggin' choice to not fuck him.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 2
I don't know much about Mary Jo & have always side eyed her for getting with Dean in the first place,

Sometimes my mind goes that way, but I really have to give her the benefit of the doubt. How many good people have gotten involved with a "bad" person, and not really realized them for who they were at the time? Maybe Dean was a lot different when they first got together. Maybe she was. It's been almost a decade since they split, she may be a totally different person now. My step-dad was a complete piece of crap and a loon, but it took my mother many years to realize that. People might look at him now and wonder, "What's wrong with her that she married him?" - but love is a tricky thing. We can be blinded to real problems and make great mistakes. 

We don't know a whole ton about MJ, so it's hard to make a judgment on her. But I cannot judge her just for relationship with Dean. 

• Love 4

I don't know much about Mary Jo & have always side eyed her for getting with Dean in the first place,

To me, the issue isn't really whether Mary Jo is perfect or even exemplary compared to the general population. Lots of good/smart/sensible/emotionally healthy people get involved with people who are fucked up and/or assholes. In my view, it's clear that Dean and Tori are "the bad guys" in the drama around them getting together/breaking up their 2 marriages. I'm sure that neither Mary Jo nor Charlie is perfect and that Dean and Tori could both bring up things that they legitimately "did wrong." IMO, even if MJ or Charlie did something "really bad," that wouldn't excuse D & T's actions, particularly when considering the kids who were involved. That's a moot point, though, since I'm sure that Tori would have at least hinted at it if either of the exes had done anything remotely "deserving" of how they were treated. She basically accused them of not being T & D's true "soul mates," not being young or fertile enough, or not being sexually desirable enough. The punishment for those crimes was being  cruelly dumped and mercilessly mocked in public. I have no problem condemning them for that and it doesn't matter to me how MJ compares to them in "goodness" or good judgment or likability (though, for me, she beats them in all those categories).

• Love 8

I think my favorite moments were (1) Tori trying to say that only Dean called Mary Jo infertile and bitter, as if we all just fell off a turnip truck yesterday, and Mary Jo shutting her down, and (2) Mary Jo giving her the note in what I assume will be shown next week so that when Dean says that Mary Jo is manipulating the facts, Tori has proof in hand.

About the only thing I liked about Tori during that conversation was when Mary Jo said Jack calls their house a "free for all" and Tori took some responsibility for that.  First time ever I have heard Tori take responsibility for anything, but of course she wanted to change the topic back to herself and probably knew that was the fastest way possible.

• Love 2
To me, the issue isn't really whether Mary Jo is perfect or even exemplary compared to the general population. Lots of good/smart/sensible/emotionally healthy people get involved with people who are fucked up and/or assholes. In my view, it's clear that Dean and Tori are "the bad guys" in the drama around them getting together/breaking up their 2 marriages.

Not an issue here either, nobody is perfect, nor claiming perfection.

I have no problem condemning them for that and it doesn't matter to me how MJ compares to them in "goodness" or good judgment or likability (though, for me, she beats them in all those categories).

Didn't matter to me either, for me she beats them all too.

Sometimes my mind goes that way, but I really have to give her the benefit of the doubt. How many good people have gotten involved with a "bad" person, and not really realized them for who they were at the time? Maybe Dean was a lot different when they first got together.

I understand; however, rightly or wrongly, it’s only human to question how Dean managed to catch a seemingly great mature confident woman, and wonder when she realized she was too good for him.

• Love 1

The thing that truly turned my stomach was seeing Dean hug Lola.  I hope Mary Jo has really good male figures in Lola's life because I cannot imagine growing up having to spend any time with the man who abandoned me, especially watching him interact with his five other children.

• Love 11

The thing that truly turned my stomach was seeing Dean hug Lola.  I hope Mary Jo has really good male figures in Lola's life because I cannot imagine growing up having to spend any time with the man who abandoned me, especially watching him interact with his five other children.

This times a million.  All I could think was ' THE UTTER BALLS OF THIS MAN.

I hope now, that MJ has had her public chance to put Tori so beautifully in her place, she retires from the public train wrecks that are Tori and Dean's lives.  No good can come from her continued presence. Mary Jane--you had your say, your revenge was served beautifully.  Jack seems to be a wonderful son, RETIRE NOW and don't get caught up in the bullshit that has overwhelmed the McDermott's lives.  You are so above them.

One question--if Deano has stopped drinking and drugging--why does he look like an 80 year old man?

I believe I read somewhere that he has quit he show?  If he has, good on him!

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 1

I was thinking about how things might have turned out for Tori if she had gotten the inheritance that she feels she deserved when Aaron died. He had a reported worth of $600M and I'm not sure how much of that Tori felt entitled to, but I could guess maybe $200K with the other 2/3 going to Candy and Randy. I'm not sure that she would have had her reality TV career if she had inherited that much money because her schtick has been the "poor little rich girl" who got "nothing" when her dad died and has had to reinvent herself as a "normal" working mom and wife. She also would have had much less incentive to whore herself out on reality TV, though she may have done it anyway for the fame. I'm sure she still would have lost millions on dumb real estate deals as she changed her mind about where she wanted to live every other month and I would guess that she would have lost millions more financing failed acting projects for herself and/or Dean. Dean would have wasted even more money on expensive hobbies and probably would have added other business/film/TV projects to the mix, throwing away that much more money. If Dean could dump her and walk away with his share of their fortune in a community property state (I assume that a couple so destined to be together wouldn't have a pre-nup), he probably would have done so and she would have lost a good chunk of whatever she had left at that point. If Dean walked out on her and was hooked up with some young Hollywood starlet, that probably would have put her into a tailspin and she would have wasted even more money on boytoy(s), stupid "business opportunities," mindless shopping/hoarding, and whatever else. It's hard for me to imagine burning through $200M in less than a lifetime, but she probably could have done it and would have ended up blaming Candy, Randy, Dean, her various business associates, and whomever else for the state she was left in. If she got less than a third of Aaron's estate, but still a good sum like $10M, there's no doubt that she would have burned through it by now. She's reportedly spent $18M since she and Dean got married. Aaron (who actually decided how much she would get in his will) and Candy (who has opted not to gift Tori with millions after her husband's death) obviously knew what they were doing in deciding how much money to give her. Apart from wasting millions, Tori would be more of a target for golddigging charlatans (besides Dean) if she had millions and millions of dollars that she did nothing to earn. Being "forced" to work to support her family has also probably helped to keep Tori more stable. Without that level of responsibility (which is nothing compared to "normal" working moms of 4), she would be that much more prone to fall into drug addiction, anorexia, hypochondria, and other disordered behaviors.

• Love 2

It got to me when Dean mentioned how when he left his family for Tori, Jack used to call him crying and begging him to come home. That is heartbreaking, the kid was what, 7 years old then? I never heard that detail before. How was Tori then and still now thinking of their life together as a meant to be fairytale?

So to her thinking it's okay for a child to be an innocent victim of Dean's betrayal, but when she's the victim it's an outrage? That Dr. Wexler sure is an enabler.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 12

It got to me when Dean mentioned how when he left his family for Tori, Jack used to call him crying and begging him to come home. That is heartbreaking, the kid was what, 7 years old then? I never heard that detail before. How was Tori then and still now thinking of their life together as a meant to be fairytale?

So to her thinking it's okay for a child to be an innocent victim of Dean's betrayal, but when she's the victim it's an outrage? That Dr. Wexler sure is an enabler.

That's so sad. Dean should feel ashamed of himself. Innocent children are included in this mess. He was certainly using his penis and said fuck my kids and wife

I was thinking about how things might have turned out for Tori if she had gotten the inheritance that she feels she deserved when Aaron died. He had a reported worth of $600M and I'm not sure how much of that Tori felt entitled to, but I could guess maybe $200K with the other 2/3 going to Candy and Randy. I'm not sure that she would have had her reality TV career if she had inherited that much money because her schtick has been the "poor little rich girl" who got "nothing" when her dad died and has had to reinvent herself as a "normal" working mom and wife. She also would have had much less incentive to whore herself out on reality TV, though she may have done it anyway for the fame. I'm sure she still would have lost millions on dumb real estate deals as she changed her mind about where she wanted to live every other month and I would guess that she would have lost millions more financing failed acting projects for herself and/or Dean. Dean would have wasted even more money on expensive hobbies and probably would have added other business/film/TV projects to the mix, throwing away that much more money. If Dean could dump her and walk away with his share of their fortune in a community property state (I assume that a couple so destined to be together wouldn't have a pre-nup), he probably would have done so and she would have lost a good chunk of whatever she had left at that point. If Dean walked out on her and was hooked up with some young Hollywood starlet, that probably would have put her into a tailspin and she would have wasted even more money on boytoy(s), stupid "business opportunities," mindless shopping/hoarding, and whatever else. It's hard for me to imagine burning through $200M in less than a lifetime, but she probably could have done it and would have ended up blaming Candy, Randy, Dean, her various business associates, and whomever else for the state she was left in. If she got less than a third of Aaron's estate, but still a good sum like $10M, there's no doubt that she would have burned through it by now. She's reportedly spent $18M since she and Dean got married. Aaron (who actually decided how much she would get in his will) and Candy (who has opted not to gift Tori with millions after her husband's death) obviously knew what they were doing in deciding how much money to give her. Apart from wasting millions, Tori would be more of a target for golddigging charlatans (besides Dean) if she had millions and millions of dollars that she did nothing to earn. Being "forced" to work to support her family has also probably helped to keep Tori more stable. Without that level of responsibility (which is nothing compared to "normal" working moms of 4), she would be that much more prone to fall into drug addiction, anorexia, hypochondria, and other disordered behaviors.

I'm glad Aaron was smart. 800k is a whole lot of money to us regular folks. Shoot if I had that money I would still have some left. Good for candy for not giving in to Tori. But I don't think Tori prepared for that low blow by her father. She grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, in a huge house with nannies. Now reality sets in that she can't live that fantasy lifestyle anymore. The only reason people know her is because of Daddy. Daddy got you on 90210. People know the famous Aaron Spelling not Tori. Tori needs to get her act together including finding a new therapist

• Love 2

I had a different take on that. While I don't doubt that Jack likely called his dad saying something to that effect, Dean's "emotional" reaction to that memory (on camera) screamed fake. I could almost see the wheels turning in his mind saying, "squint...pause...blink real hard...try to squeeze out a tear." Nothing they do will make me think they are genuine about anything. Which brings me to next week's teaser clips. Why in the hell is this grown man on TV throwing a tantrum over what his wife supposedly said to Tori?  (Oh, and Tori, that was real slimy playing run-tel-dat to Dean about your convo with Mary Jo.)

You know what Dean, if Mary Jo said something you don't like.. that's the price you pay for publicly wrecking your marriage and trying to paint her as the bad guy. Even if she was a raging bitch or you were miserably unhappy, the scale on which you chose to get "even" pales in comparison to anything she could have done behind closed doors. The fact is, you cheated, while married with young children, and Tori cheated while married as well. You lose the opportunity to tout it as anything other than a bitch ass move.

These people's lack of ability to be introspective is amazing.

I know some people are saying they are Team Dean now that they have seen how exhausting Tori can be, but I'm Team No one. Dean, based on next week's clips and a lot of what we've seen up to this point, seems like a basketcase in his own right. It looks like he breaks down next week (again). And we get Tori's soft "babe...are you okay?" for the milionth time. If I was Stella, who seems like the most well adjusted of the bunch I'd be like, "how many more years till I can break the hell outta this nuthouse?"

• Love 7

I forgot about that scene!  Yes, it got to me too.  I even teared up a little.  NOT out of sympathy for Dean (ugh, not at all) but exclusively for Jack.  And YES the hug for Lola.  Ugh.  I wish that little girl had smacked him when he went in for it. 

• Love 2

I'm glad Aaron was smart. 800k is a whole lot of money to us regular folks. Shoot if I had that money I would still have some left. Good for candy for not giving in to Tori. But I don't think Tori prepared for that low blow by her father. She grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, in a huge house with nannies. Now reality sets in that she can't live that fantasy lifestyle anymore. The only reason people know her is because of Daddy. Daddy got you on 90210. People know the famous Aaron Spelling not Tori. Tori needs to get her act together including finding a new therapist

Oh, yes, totally fake.  And Dean using it for the show is manipulative.  But I still believe it probably happened, and it undercuts the "fairytale" that Tori obsesses over.

I was thinking about how things might have turned out for Tori if she had gotten the inheritance that she feels she deserved when Aaron died. He had a reported worth of $600M and I'm not sure how much of that Tori felt entitled to, but I could guess maybe $200K with the other 2/3 going to Candy and Randy. 

The $600M is likely gross, not net, and is mostly tied up in investments, tax shelters, and business that involve other partners or entities  (at least $100 mil was in Spelling manor which has since been sold).  It's not likely there were double-digit millions of dollars laying around in a vault to just hand out.  In order for Aaron to have willed his kids - oh let's just say - $5 to $10 mill each in one lump sum, he would have had to liquidate assets or sign the investments or his share in the businesses over to the kids.  If they ran those investments into the ground, it would likely have impacted or bankrupted others and possibly let to lawsuits etc.  While it is not unusual for a child to take over a deceased parent's role in a business, typically they are trained well in advance and have been working alongside the parent for a while.  Also, $800K is a pretty specific number so likely it was what remained after inheritance tax and other fees or services.  Aaron probably gave them some stuff too - heirlooms, car, boat, rental properties, etc.  Oh and then he also gave Tori her whole career, and a $1 million wedding only to have her walk out on the marriage a year later, so there's that.

It is also quite unusual for a child to get an inheritance from a deceased parent as long as the other parent is still alive and was married to the deceased up until the end.  Children don't typically inherit unless the last living parent passes away or their parents were divorced prior and part of the inheritance goes to the widow(er) step-parent and the rest to the biological children of the deceased to keep it "in the family".  If Tori or Randy had children before Aaron passed away there may have been a clause in the will to provide for them as well, maybe why Tori and Dean rushed their relationship along.

• Love 3

Wow.

http://www.eonline.com/news/597872/tori-spelling-accuses-dean-mcdermott-of-not-making-their-kids-his-first-want-and-he-is-not-happy-about-it-watch

This isn't the first time Tori has said this.....in Home Sweet Hollywood, she accuses him of not being 'present' regarding being there for the kids.  Bitch, who do the kids cling to like Static Guard?  It sure isn't your ass!  And damn Mehi, try taking Stella out of the goddamned room when you see her parents going at it.

I'ma need some pressure pills for this upcoming eppy.