Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: First Wives Club

Tori, if YOU put the kids first, you wouldn't continue having these arguments when they are right there in the room! Damn. 

I do love that this show addresses the show. There's little to no fourth wall. They talk about it, and the impact it has on them. I do appreciate that.

• Love 5

I like how they drop the 4th wall too. That and the kids are about the only real things about this show. I think Tori has assistants do research on the problems "normal" moms have so she can pretend to have those problems on the show and build her brand as a relatable mom. I seriously doubt that she spends more time taking care of the kids than Dean. They have nannies who probably do the bulk of the work and apart from that it seems like Dean is more hands-on than she is. Tori has been shown repeatedly freaking out over the most basic child care tasks and she doesn't seem to have the ease or confidence that most moms of 4 would have developed by now. When she's not whining about herself, she doesn't really seem all that comfortable with her kids. I believe that she loves them and spends time with them, but there is an awkwardness that is odd for person who has supposedly been the kids' primary caretaker since they were born. "Normal" moms with 4 kids that age can generally microwave something, break up fights, wipe the counter, and make arrangements for a birthday party on the phone simultaneously without missing a beat. Tori ends up in tears attempting to do any one of those things and considers it a major accomplishment to drive the kids to school or cheer practice. Dean seems much more at ease with them and the kids seem more comfortable with him as well.

When she says her purpose in doing the show is not to make him look bad I wish he would ask her what her purpose was. This whole thing is so ill conceived. I believe that Tori genuinely doesn't understand how dysfunctional their family is or how crazy she is, but I think Dean has more of a clue. He's also a train wreck of a person, but I think he is more "normal" and in touch with reality than Tori. I have assumed that he had no power to put his foot down and refuse to do the show and/or he was that desperate for the money and TV exposure. It's obvious that they curse and fight in front of their kids all the time, so much so that it doesn't even phase the kids and it doesn't occur to T & D to keep that off-camera.  It's sad that the kids have to live with that as well as Tori's sobbing breakdowns. The thing is, this has to be the sanitized version of their life. I can only imagine how bad it gets when the cameras aren't there.

• Love 7

The preview of Dean's scripted meltdown on next week's episode already has me up in arms:

*Dean will slander Mary Jo as being 'cRaZy' because Mary Jo called Tori and Dean out for labeling her as cRaZy over the years (and provided a love note Dean wrote to her a short time before he left her for Tor)

*Mary Jo called Tori out for blaming Dean for the 'Mary-Jo-is-cRaZy' perception, and then Dean will now be validating Mary Jo's accusation of the 'Mary-Jo-is-cRaZy' perception by calling Mary Jo, cRaZy directly, ON CAMERA.  

*Tori will stand back and let Dean dig is own grave further validating her claim to Mary Jo - that she wasn't a party to the 'cRaZy' accusations Dean hurled at Mary Jo all of these years.  

Who went into the hospital for a supposed 5150 hold?  The 'cRaZy' lady?  No.

They have control over what airs - how do they not see how ridiculous this all is?

• Love 3

Clearly Tori's first priority is hanging on to whatever celebrity she has left and it probably will be as long as she lives. Heck if she could she would have a reality show in the afterlife. She could call it PurgaTORI

• Love 17

(Referring to above joke).....She's here till Sunday, folks!

The only children I see remotely comfortable with Tori is Hattie and Finn and that's 'cause they don't know yet that she's a fuckin' loon!  Stella and especially Liam seem to have her number in the Mommy department...she's definitely gonna go through it with Liam when he gets older.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 4

My feeling about Tori and Dean's "love story?"  (Weren't there figures skaters named Tori and Dean?)

Tori fell in love with Dean's penis; Dean fell in love with Tori's money.  

The End.

Except that even early on, Tori seemed uninterested in sex. It always seemed like Dean wanted more sex and Tori was often turning him down.

It got to me when Dean mentioned how when he left his family for Tori, Jack used to call him crying and begging him to come home. That is heartbreaking, the kid was what, 7 years old then? I never heard that detail before. How was Tori then and still now thinking of their life together as a meant to be fairytale?

So to her thinking it's okay for a child to be an innocent victim of Dean's betrayal, but when she's the victim it's an outrage? That Dr. Wexler sure is an enabler.

What don't you people understand? They are soulmates for crying out loud. Let me explain. The man in the sky pairs people up with there one true love in this whole world. Remember that day when your car ran out of gas? Well you blew it ,your soulmate was at the grocery store and you never showed. Now you each must live an empty loveless shell of a life. Occasionally the stars align and the soulmates do find each other. When this is case you must pursue it till the ends of the earth . It doesn't matter if you already have a wife and kids the baby Jesus wants you to leave them so you can live your fairytale life that was meant only for you.

Now are we all on the same page?

• Love 19

Yeah, I don't believe in soul mates anyhow, but I think for people who do, the soul mate should show up single, unencumbered and ready for a relationship. Someone I know had to tell someone else,"Prince Charming doesn't arrive on a Greyhound bus." which is a similar thing. Anyway, I don't know what Tori was trying to do with this show, punish Dean I guess, but she's showing her craziness and making everyone glad that they don't have to deal with her or Dean, and making people glad for their own little lives which almost certainly contain less dysfunction. And again, I feel bad for the kids.

• Love 3

For me, the issue isn't even whether "soul mates" is a real thing or not. I'm sure Mary Jo and Charlie wouldn't have wanted Dean and Tori to stay with them out of pity or obligation and if T & D were unhappy in their marriages and thought they'd be happier together they had a right to do that. The problem is how they've handled everything, from sleeping together the first night to everything that came after that. They're selfish assholes and the whole "fairy tale/soul mates" thing that Tori has pushed so hard (I don't think I've ever heard/read Dean saying such things) is incredibly insensitive given how many people they hurt. Even if they privately talk about "being destined to be together" or whatever, it's obviously inappropriate to do so publicly when that narrative is so hurtful to so many people, particularly Jack and even Lola. Also, it's just stupid. It's not unusual for couples to have that kind of "romantic talk," but I think most adults don't go so far as to teach their children that relationships are fairy tales and Mommy and Daddy were magically brought together (especially under these circumstances). Furthermore, the whole "fairy tale come true" thing is obviously not the case in T & D's relationship, as evidenced by this show.

• Love 6

What don't you people understand? They are soulmates for crying out loud. Let me explain. The man in the sky pairs people up with there one true love in this whole world. Remember that day when your car ran out of gas? Well you blew it ,your soulmate was at the grocery store and you never showed. Now you each must live an empty loveless shell of a life. Occasionally the stars align and the soulmates do find each other. When this is case you must pursue it till the ends of the earth . It doesn't matter if you already have a wife and kids the baby Jesus wants you to leave them so you can live your fairytale life that was meant only for you.

Now are we all on the same page?

Is it in bad taste to quote your own post? If so, my apologies.but Tory really does have a lot of magical thinking going on. Even in the opening she says something to the effect :can this marriage be saved or is our fairytale destined to fall apart?

As if the man in the sky has the answer written in his "Big book of Soulmates".

• Love 6

You're right NC SocialWorker, and not just magical thinking but use of the passive voice. "Meant to be together or meant to break apart". Where is any indication that she (and he) have free will?

I read somewhere that Mary Jo said that right after Dean came home and announced he was leaving her for Tori that he said to her "I found my soulmate, why aren't you happy for me?" Now, I wasn't there, but I find that believable. And infuriating. Good for her for not setting him on fire.

Soon after the soulmates got together, they were at some Canadian awards event for t.v., something to do with Mary Jo in her own industry (she had her cooking show). T&D show up, T is asked to present an award or make an announcement or something based on her fame as herself, and she agrees to do so, but no unless they remove Mary Jo from the room. Then Tori makes her speech and says something about how all Canadians have "crazy ex-wives". The press interviewed Mary Jo and the co host of her show, and she tried to take the higher road but her partner spilled about why they were in another room, possibly in another building, because Tori, who is nothing in Canadian television was "scared" and insisted that Mary Jo be removed. I think the fall out of this resulted in Dean being somewhat blackballed in the industry, at least for a while. 

This is part of what Mary Jo was talking about, and part of what Tori tried to brush off/minimize/blame on Dean. Tori thought that she could meet with Mary Jo, and that they'd commiserate on how Dean cheated on both of them, not realizing that Mary Jo was sitting down with the Tori that helped to end her relationship and that continued to make her look crazy, old, infertile, bitter etc. And you know that if Mary Jo hadn't allowed Tori to film this that Tori would have thrown more mud at her. This way Mary Jo gets to control the narrative about her version of things somewhat. And you can see that this Shocked! Tori. 

• Love 11

Tori and Dean aren't soul mates. They are penis-vagina mates.

I don't even think they're highly sexually compatible. They've talked a lot on the show about how Tori basically can't satisfy Dean sexually and she doesn't sound very fulfilled by their sex life either. She talks about sex as some kind of duty or obligation she has to fulfill to keep Dean happy and it seems to make her feel inadequate and unhappy that no matter how hard she works at it it's never enough for him. They may have both thought they were having great sex in the beginning, but that was probably more about the novelty and the excitement/relief of breaking away from their previous relationships. Tori doesn't seem very sexual and I would assume that she's kind of neurotic about sex (as she is about everything else). Dean seems to want to think of himself as an insatiable horndog, but that is probably more about him using sex like a drug, as something that feels good and helps him avoid the difficulties and complications of real life.

• Love 7

This show could almost be a comedy if they would add little thought bubbles above the heads of everyone Tori and Dean interact with to show what they are probably really thinking. Or we could use some snarky talking heads from the "friends".

How about a "Mystery Girls Science Theater 4000"? These episodes are ripe for snark!

• Love 8

It actually doesn't seem like Tori and Dean are that compatible in general. Dean seemed to have a much more relaxed/easygoing chemistry with Mary Jo. He and Tori never just joke around and gently rib each other and even before the INTENSE DRAMA that ensued after DEAN CHEATED ON TORI they seemed like they were on different wavelengths. Dean seems much more down to earth and laid back than Tori, the kind of guy who would enjoy cycling or camping or grilling in the back yard. I think he developed expensive tastes when he got together with Tori, but even that wasn't about hanging out in fancy restaurants or buying expensive clothes. He wanted to do fun outdoor activities where he got dirty and hung out with "regular" people. Tori is much more neurotic and seems to prefer the company of people who feed into that (vs. Dean who seems annoyed by it). She enjoys high maintenance, fussy, "rich girl" activities like shopping, eating (or not) in expensive restaurants, and getting mani/pedis. Opposites can attract in terms of the things people like to do and their general sensibilities, but I haven't seen T & D really seem to click.

It seems like they got together very quickly and sort of jumped off this cliff of leaving their spouses and declaring each other their soul mates. From comments they've let slip, it seem that there were significant problems in the relationship almost immediately, but they ignored the warning signs to steamroll ahead with their "fairy tale." If they had taken the time to date for a year or two before getting married, they probably would have broken up. (Also taking Dean's gold digging, the pressure they created by publicly declaring their soulmatedom, etc., etc. out of the equation.) Their relationship is a train wreck and they don't seem like one of those couples who have intense chemistry even though they fight all the time/are very dramatic/etc. They seem like 2 people in a miserable relationship who can't figure out how they ended up there.

• Love 5

Soon after the soulmates got together, they were at some Canadian awards event for t.v., something to do with Mary Jo in her own industry (she had her cooking show). T&D show up, T is asked to present an award or make an announcement or something based on her fame as herself, and she agrees to do so, but no unless they remove Mary Jo from the room. Then Tori makes her speech and says something about how all Canadians have "crazy ex-wives". The press interviewed Mary Jo and the co host of her show, and she tried to take the higher road but her partner spilled about why they were in another room, possibly in another building, because Tori, who is nothing in Canadian television was "scared" and insisted that Mary Jo be removed. I think the fall out of this resulted in Dean being somewhat blackballed in the industry, at least for a while.

This is part of what Mary Jo was talking about, and part of what Tori tried to brush off/minimize/blame on Dean. Tori thought that she could meet with Mary Jo, and that they'd commiserate on how Dean cheated on both of them, not realizing that Mary Jo was sitting down with the Tori that helped to end her relationship and that continued to make her look crazy, old, infertile, bitter etc. And you know that if Mary Jo hadn't allowed Tori to film this that Tori would have thrown more mud at her. This way Mary Jo gets to control the narrative about her version of things somewhat. And you can see that this Shocked! Tori.

Remember Tori, the internet never ever forgets. Look at what Dean forced our poor heroine to do/say. 

http://youtu.be/oqltPUBNM4U?t=3s

• Love 5

"Since 90210 every scripted series I've been in has only gone one season."  Do you see what your father did for you, Tori?  He may have left you only $800,000 but he gave you nearly 300 episodes of 90210 -- with residual checks for the rest of your life.  Shut the hell up and recognize that you aren't talented.

Well, clearly you have not seen the cinematic tour de force, "Mother May I Sleep With Danger?"

• Love 9

Well, clearly you have not seen the cinematic tour de force, "Mother May I Sleep With Danger?"

Or the her powerful performance in "Death of a Cheerleader." She played a bitchy, spoiled, rich girl. It was such a stretch for her to play!

• Love 8

And I've got just the trailer for it--ready?

"Yes. I chose to wear this scarlet letter, because it symbolizes the end of my fairy tale, my love story, my forever love (and it matches my lipstick). He did this to ME, he committed.....adulTORI."

Don't you just love it?

Haha! This is the best and exactly what it would be like! Thanks for the laugh!! Edited by Frootloop Dingus
  • Love 1

Wow what a bitch. Well you won Tori, he's yours now. They were looking pretty smug back then. Now? Not so much . It just further proves my life philosophy that we are not punished for ur sins but by our sins.

That video was so gross.  How awkward was it to see Tori looking the interviewer up and down, chug-a-lugging on her drink hoping for liquid courage to set in.  THEN she drunkenly blasts out that dig on Mary Jo in front of her Canadian audience!!  Kudos to Mary Jo for hanging in there.  Clearly this video is pretty old as Dean is much thinner and Tori seems to have more flesh on her face, but Mary Jo has not aged one minute.  Can't wait for tonight's episode, I'll try to stay awake.

Another thing that has been bugging me....I have a few family and close friends who have been recovering from addiction over the last few decades, and rule #1 of AA or Al-anon is like fight club.  You don't talk about it.  It removes the anonymity and also puts your fellow AA'ers at risk of being "outed" or at the very least is very triggering to them.  If Dean was really attending AA, and if you believe the paparazzi are stalking Tori and Dean as much as they'd like you to believe, would you keep attending those meetings for fear of being photo'd?  Or that Dean would use a story you shared as fodder for his reality show?  At the very least, someone in that organization would have told him to 'cool it' on the AA talk by now.  

I have to work on getting some of Mary Jo's class in my life. THANK YOU! Finally Tori gets to hear about herself and her bullshit. Yes, bitch own the fact that you fucked somebody else's husband. Embrace that. That's who you are. A husband fucker.

Fucking Tori sitting there, blinking her damn eyes at Mary Jo like she was some innocent. " Oh boo Hoo I didn't blame Emily when Dean cheated on me". In other words, please don't be mad at me, let's be mad a Dean together. Bitch please.

Mary Jo handled her way better than I would have. I would have picked her bony ass up and stabbed Dean with those shards she calls shoulder blades.

I agree with everything you wrote! Glad MJ isn't letting Tori play innocent and ignore her part in the demise of her marriage. Tori will not accept the fact that she has some responsibility for the break up of MJ and Dean. What really irked me was when Tori tried to make it seem as if Dean was the only person saying negative and hurtful things about MJ after they broke up. I remember watching something on tv shortly after Dean and Tori got together. Tori was at some event in Canada and she found out MJ was there too and had her people make MJ leave. They later showed MJ in some office in a building across the street with this defeatist look on her face after she and her friend we asked to leave. At this event, Tori gets on stage and makes a comment to the audience and camera something to the affect that bitter ex-wives write nasty tell all books. MJ had just written a book about break ups and there was nothing negative about Dean or Tori in the book but Tori made her nasty little comment about it on tv. So when Tori insinuated that Dean is the one who said bad things about her, my reaction was bullshit! I immediately remember her nasty comment about MJ because at the time I was so disgusted with Tori and even said to myself that she would one day pay for that remark. Karma's a bitch because her pay day is here!

I hate to admit this, but Dean was kind of good looking back in that video where they had Mary Jo kicked out of the party.

Perhaps, but that section in which he's saying to the interviewer as he looks at Tori "We fell in love" or whatever he says -- He seems like he's acting (and laying it on a little thick, too).

• Love 1

Rewatching this before tonight's episode...

So "Jack's sister" was it "Loni"? Is the child that they were in the process of adopting when Dumbo exited stage

left? How horrifying to see her just standing there...If that doesn't just churn his soul, then nothing will...

And if I hear one more of these dumb celeb types used the phrase "I'm going to try & reach out..." Ugh. Whatever

happened to "I want to have a talk, speak with, call etc"? Get over yourselves.

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 1

The awards ceremony incident video (linked above) is very telling. Now that the drama with Dean cheating with Emily Goodhand has come to light, Tori presents a narrative that she and Dean cheating was different because they just innocuously fell in love and never meant to hurt anyone. Even setting aside the sleeping together the first night, plotting to leave their spouses within a couple of weeks, Dean dumping his family while they were on vacation without even a day's notice/time to talk things through with MJ, Dean abandoning his newly adopted daughter, Tori having her therapist break the news to her husband, etc., etc., etc., once they left the spouses they were unusually and unnecessarily cruel with stunts such as the awards show thing and Tori making statements about how she never really loved Charlie and all of the nasty stuff she said about MJ. People who "just fell in love" and felt bad about the hurt they were causing wouldn't do any of that. Tori felt such hostility toward MJ that she was compelled to defame and humiliate MJ at an awards ceremony for her industry in her hometown, I guess (according to what Tori told MJ) because Dean told her MJ was a crazy bitch (or something). I guess that was also Tori's motivation for mocking MJ for having multiple miscarriages. But who does that? Who would fuck a married man, get him to agree to leave his wife and kids, then lash out at his wife so viciously because he said she was a bitch? How is that behavior indicative of feeling bad for the hurt she's caused?

Tori has made sure that Dean has done all but open up a vein on national TV to demonstrate how SHATTERED he is that he cheated on Tori and RUINED THE FAIRY TALE, which contrasts sharply with how blasé they both are about how his cheating with Tori hurt Mary Jo. Mary Jo was supposed to just get over being cheated on and deserted because Dean found his soul mate and they had a True Love Fairy Tale, but Tori can obviously never get over Dean cheating because their relationship is actually real. The only parallel that Tori has drawn between Dean's 2 cheating incidents (that we know of) is that MJ should understand how hard this is for Tori since she's been through the same thing [only, obviously, it's way worse for Tori because, well, everything is worse for Tori].

• Love 9

Gawd I hate Tori.

I loved, loved, loved when Tori said to Mary Jo that Dean said they didn't even sleep in the same bed and Mary Jo laughed and said, well you know that story... And Tori quickly said it wasn't true, the magazines were saying it lololol

Isn't that in cheaters 101

Dippy Dean does a double bird flip at the camera bahahaha

• Love 1

Tori complaining about a party being too big?  Didn't she have 60 people at Liam's 2nd or 3rd birthday?  When it's one of her litter, she's okay with it.  Jack seems like a good kid, I hope he doesn't get roasted for being around the odd couple.

When Jack gave her the first number (50 or 60) Tori clearly told him that he'd invited too many people, but he couldn't disinvite them.  I would be pissed if he then tacked on an extra 30 or 40 people and then hid it until the last minute.  Tori's not the bad guy here.

Generally, it seemed assholish of Dean and Tori to create this storyline for their "reality show" in which Jack was painted in a somewhat bad light. I think they  came off 10 times worse than anyone else (as usual) and Jack seemed like a nice kid, but teenagers are very sensitive and I could see how it might be embarrassing for him to put all this "behind the scenes drama" about his party on TV. They also talked about him misbehaving in some way and how they need to discipline him more. That's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but, again, I think that can be embarrassing for a kid his age and it seems unkind to me to put anything remotely negative about your kid on national TV, especially for purely "entertainment" purposes like this show.

I don't think Jack was painted in a bad light.  He acted like a teenager, which was acknowledged many times.  If the whole story was a stunt (which I don't think it was) Mary Jo is equally accountable.  She's full aware of this dog and pony show.  She approved it, and she was on the speaker phone agreeing with Dean.  That means she was backing up what Dean was saying.  Voices weren't raised.  It was handled very well, in my opinion.

So much truth.  Mary Jo came across as classier, more confident, smarter, and just all-around more evolved than Tori.  Not to mention the woman is gorgeous. Pretty face and great body (without being a skeleton like *somebody* else we know).  I know she's 11 years older than Tori but damn if they don't look the same age.  In fact, MJ might even look younger.  You know that's gotta burn Tori up that she's such an attractive woman. 

Beauty, class, and intelligence really have nothing to do with infidelity.  I know Mary Jo was the wronged woman, and I sympathize with her in that aspect, but I don't think she's super woman.  I think she's capitalized on the scandal a time or two (unlike Charlie), and it was certainly her right to do that.  She also agreed to an on camera sit down with Tori (unlike Charlie), and that's her right too.  Tori is incredibly insecure when Dean and Mary Jo are together (as Dean is with Tori/Charlie), because she see's they have a great rapport.  Just like Dean has to deal with the fact that Charlie made Tori feel safe and secure.  That's the breaks when you break up two marriages.

I don't hate or even dislike Tori and Dean.  I think they're an amazing psychological study.  They're an object lesson in misinterpreting the greatest sex of your life.  Just because you have amazing sexual chemistry, does not mean you're soul mates.  Many people have fallen for this (nature intended it), and I think that's why you see so many marriages that last less than a year.  Tori already knows without sex they're in trouble, and Dean's catching on.  I find it tragic considering there's four small children involved.  I don't think that's Karma - what did the kids do to deserve it?  I'm sure knowing four kids are going through this doesn't make Lola or Jack feel any better.

• Love 2

Beauty, class, and intelligence really have nothing to do with infidelity.

Of course they don't.  I wasn't remarking on Mary Beth in a "omg can you believe he left HER for TORI??" way. Nor was I saying that she handled the affair (at the time it occurred) in the best, most mature way possible. I was merely commenting on how she came across in her brief time on True Tori.

• Love 1

I can't believe Tori spent this whole episode harping about consequences, laying down consequences for Jack, boundaries, blahblahblah when she is right now living the consequences of her piss poor choices in life.    

• Love 1

I'm glad Aaron was smart. 800k is a whole lot of money to us regular folks. Shoot if I had that money I would still have some left. Good for candy for not giving in to Tori. But I don't think Tori prepared for that low blow by her father. She grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, in a huge house with nannies. Now reality sets in that she can't live that fantasy lifestyle anymore. The only reason people know her is because of Daddy. Daddy got you on 90210. People know the famous Aaron Spelling not Tori. Tori needs to get her act together including finding a new therapist

I get where you're coming from but according to everything I've ever read, Tori was the apple of Aaron's eye. To not leave her more than 800K when the man was richer than God Himself...I think that's wrong. He picked a winner of a wife, someone who hoards dolls and has whole rooms for gift-wrapping, FFS; I don't think Tori is too much worse. There's got to be more to this sTORI; I wonder if it's Candy who's making those decisions. She seems as mature as a zygote (no offense to zygotes).

So what if she were to go through that money in record time? Her father brought in real snow to LA for Christmas when she was little -- something must have gone terribly wrong for him and/or Candy to hold back even a few million.

She's a horrid person, Tori, but so is her mother and her husband; she doesn't deserve those darling children. I'm getting way too invested in these jerks' lives, but I'm hoping some of the big money Aaron earned ends up in the hands of his grandchildren.

But something tells me Candy has it earmarked for ridiculous "charities," like the Save a Doll Foundation.

• Love 2

I get where you're coming from but according to everything I've ever read, Tori was the apple of Aaron's eye. To not leave her more than 800K when the man was richer than God Himself...I think that's wrong. He picked a winner of a wife, someone who hoards dolls and has whole rooms for gift-wrapping, FFS; I don't think Tori is too much worse. There's got to be more to this sTORI; I wonder if it's Candy who's making those decisions. She seems as mature as a zygote (no offense to zygotes).

So what if she were to go through that money in record time? Her father brought in real snow to LA for Christmas when she was little -- something must have gone terribly wrong for him and/or Candy to hold back even a few million.

I don't think Aaron and/or Candy were obligated to give Tori a few million dollars to squander just because they had it. Aaron grew up poor and earned his fortune, so I can understand why he valued his money and didn't want it thrown away in order to appease Tori for a few years. I also think that her parents were looking out for her when they decided not to bestow millions of dollars upon her. Tori ran through the $800K from Aaron's will, the money from 90210 and whatever other jobs she had, the $2.4M house Candy bought her, and whatever other gifts/loans/etc. she received from her parents. If she had inherited more money when Aaron died, she wouldn't have anything to show for it at this point and she'd still be crying poor and demanding more money from Candy. I'm sure that Candy would never let Tori be homeless or even living in a less than "nice" home and that Candy will make sure that Tori's basic needs are met for the rest of her life. That is more caring than handing Tori however much money to give away to vendors of crap Tori wants to own, storage facilities to store said crap, gold diggers like Dean, sellers/renters of new homes for Tori every 6 months, swamis, etc., etc., etc. Unlike Tori, Candy and Aaron are/were entitled to spend their money however they see/saw fit. Candy can afford gift wrapping rooms and whatever else, so it's her business if that's how she chooses to spend her money. I can't even see it as an unwise financial decision because she can afford it. I don't see the difference between having a gift wrapping room and a sewing/game/model train/whatever room. If you have the space in your home and that's what you want to use it for, what's the harm? Tori has a "storage room" full of useless shit that she can't afford and makes her kids share bedrooms to accommodate it.

• Love 8

She's a horrid person, Tori, but so is her mother and her husband; she doesn't deserve those darling children. I'm getting way too invested in these jerks' lives, but I'm hoping some of the big money Aaron earned ends up in the hands of his grandchildren.

But something tells me Candy has it earmarked for ridiculous "charities," like the Save a Doll Foundation.

Tori was never rich her parents were. It's their money. I've seen parents leave their kids with nothing. And I agree with the other poster. Candy and Aaron can spend their money on whatever they want. If Candy had a doll room who cares. I've seen plenty of celebs with ridiculous stuff. The thing is Tori has a bunch of shit and blames everything on everyone else but herself. Her mother is more than nice to allow her to live a richer lifestyle than us regular folks. Yet she still complains. If Tori had 10 million she would still complain and gone through that money. She must feel some type of way towards her father, and feels entitled. She's nothing more than the daughter of rich parents. Nothing special

• Love 7

Sometimes I feel Candi should just give Tori a few million. Ask her how many million she needs, 5? 10? Sure! Here take it! Here's all the money you think you deserve.

Make a huge showing of it. Call Entertainment Tonight and hand her one of those huge Publisher Clearing house sized checks. Candi should let the world see her give Tori these millions she feels she deserves and just sit back and watch to see exactly how long it takes for Tori to blow through that.

How long would it take Tori? Three years? Four? Doesn't matter, in no time she'd squander it but at least then Candi would be out of Tori's blame game bullshit. But that probably wouldn't happen and Tori would cry that she wasn't given enough.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 9

Of course Aaron had the right to leave his fortune to whomever he pleased.  I kind of agree with you, though.  When you have 800 million, would it have hurt to leave half to Candy and split the rest between his kids?  I don't know if Tori would've blown it all or not or whether it's true that he didn't trust her with money.  But Aaron left the same relatively paltry sum to his son, too.  Does that mean the son was undeserving or untrustworthy as well?  It's just curious, and all that he accomplished is to make Tori permanently bitter toward her mother since she's the one who got all of Daddy's money.

It almost makes one glad to be living in modest circumstances.  I doubt if my kids will fight over my 2000 Grand Am.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 1

Of course Aaron had the right to leave his fortune to whomever he pleased.  I kind of agree with you, though.  When you have 800 million, would it have hurt to leave half to Candy and split the rest between his kids?  I don't know if Tori would've blown it all or not or whether it's true that he didn't trust her with money.  But Aaron left the same relatively paltry sum to his son, too.  Does that mean the son was undeserving or untrustworthy as well?  It's just curious, and all that he accomplished is to make Tori permanently bitter toward her mother since she's the one who got all of Daddy's money.

It's not unusual or necessarily punitive for parents to not leave all/any of their property to their kids, especially if the parent's spouse is still alive. $800K is a small slice of the Spelling empire and much less than Tori expected, but it's a nice chunk of change for most people and enough to provide financial security for life if the recipient works and manages the money sensibly. Tori could earn 7 figures a  year relatively easily based on the fame she garnered through the job her dad gave her on 90210. She doesn't seem to view 90210 (the cornerstone of her entire career) as any type of gift, though even actors who earned their first big roles often say things like, "I owe everything to X, who gave me my first big break." Tori doesn't seem to have any gratitude toward her dad or anyone else regardless of how much they do for her.

Apart from that, the thing for me is that  even if Tori's parents did her wrong by not giving her more money, it doesn't really justify her actions or her attitude of being a victim who somehow deserves unlimited wealth forever because that's how she grew up and who should be pitied and indulged because she didn't get it. Lots of people are very hurt and disappointed by the way their family relationships develop, most with far more compelling reasons than "My dad only left me $800K when he died." I just don't care and I can't sympathize with her and her pain over not being handed millions more dollars while she uses it as an excuse to inflict pain on others, including her kids. Also, she has gotten millions in cash and real estate from her parents and she squandered it all. I can't fault them for not flushing more money down that same toilet just because they could afford it. By that reasoning, everyone who has any extra money should hand it over to any relative who wants it for whatever reason, even things as stupid as vintage Smurfs games and baby pigs to murder.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 9

At least Tori got 800k, some parents leave their kids with nothing. It's Aaron's and Candys money and fortune. Not Tori or Randys. They didn't do anything to become rich. They were just born. I feel if a parent doesn't want to give anything to their child then it's the parents right. Tori is just a brat and ungrateful

• Love 4

I'm sure I'd be very grateful if one of my relatives left me a measly 8 grand, but maybe when you're raised as one of the truly rich, $800,000 is a small sum.  I'd like to know why Aaron Spelling did what he did, but I guess we'll never know the truth of it.  I'd also like to know to what extent Candy subsidizes Tori and Dean's lifestyle because she must be.

• Love 2

I'd like to know why Aaron Spelling did what he did, but I guess we'll never know the truth of it.  I'd also like to know to what extent Candy subsidizes Tori and Dean's lifestyle because she must be.

I have no idea what Aaron's reasoning was, but it totally makes sense to me that he:

1) Felt that his kids were not entitled to inherit millions of dollars just because he earned that kind of money working for decades

2) Believed that $800K + additional financial support from Candy was more than sufficient to take care of his kids for the rest of their lives

3) Thought that Tori would not be well served by being handed millions of dollars because she is very spoiled, has a host of emotional problems, and is prone to exercise poor judgment in her finances and relationships. Suddenly becoming a multimillionaire upon her dad's death would have made her a magnet for unscrupulous gold diggers, enabled her to numb the pain of losing her dad by spending millions frivolously, and set her up for a life of unhealthy leisure in which she spent all of her time wallowing in self-pity and buying crap to hoard rather than being forced to focus her energy on earning a living and dealing with basic daily responsibilities. Even in her "impoverished" circumstances, Tori takes weeks off to stay in the hospital for vague reasons and retires to her bed with "migraines" whenever things get too stressful. If she didn't have to pull herself together to earn a living, it would probably be that much worse.

I don't think it would be good parenting for anyone to look at Tori and decide that giving her millions of dollars would be in her best interests. She whines about being poor, but she lives in very nice homes, has her kids in private school, has multiple nannies, stays in Cedars-Sinai for as long as she wants whenever she wants, etc., etc., etc. The narrative of her "struggling financially" is pure fiction. I believe that she's stressed about money and would like to have more, but that doesn't equate to real suffering and struggle in the real world. Tori is stressed about everything and would like to have more of everything that feeds into her "poor little rich girl" story.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 6

Tori ended up with a gold-digger anyway, though.  Through googling the topic, I read an article that said Tori was estranged from her father before he had his stroke.  Maybe she's the one who blew the relationship off first.

• Love 1