Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: First Wives Club

I have to work on getting some of Mary Jo's class in my life. THANK YOU! Finally Tori gets to hear about herself and her bullshit. Yes, bitch own the fact that you fucked somebody else's husband. Embrace that. That's who you are. A husband fucker.

Fucking Tori sitting there, blinking her damn eyes at Mary Jo like she was some innocent. " Oh boo Hoo I didn't blame Emily when Dean cheated on me". In other words, please don't be mad at me, let's be mad a Dean together. Bitch please.

Mary Jo handled her way better than I would have. I would have picked her bony ass up and stabbed Dean with those shards she calls shoulder blades.

• Love 22

Dr. Wexler explains to Jack, Dean's son from his first marriage, why he can't invite 100 people to his 16th birthday party...

Just kidding! But most of the episode is weirdly dramatic about the kid's b-day party. They do see Dr. W, and Dean casually says that Tori wasn't physically attracted to Charlie, her first husband. So this guy who got dumped 9 years ago gets to hear this about his ex-wife, and it totally could have been edited out.

The talk they showed between Tori and Mary Jo is not the clip that was released months ago. Not sure if they are going for damage control, but it still didn't make Tori look any better.

Oh, and Mary Jo got to promote her upcoming cookbook, so another reason for her to agree to talk to Tori.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 6

I'm very impressed by Mary Jo. She does not seem like a woman scorned at all. She was very light and friendly and open. I may be evil, but I really enjoyed the rapport between her and Dean, while Tori hovered insecurely in the background. That's what you get, bitch! You participated in destroying her family, but you haven't destroyed her. She is strong and confident, and she can hang out with the people who hurt her most in this world like it's a cakewalk. Again, super impressed. 

I thought it was a great idea for Tori to get together with MJ to try and create some parenting consistency for Jack. But, of course, her motives weren't altruistic. What she really wanted to do was break the ice so she could bring up the affair and hope MJ would absolve her. When she started prattling on about the Goodhand incident, the look on MJ's face was - "Is this bitch really trying to commiserate with me??" But she handled herself humbly and gracefully. She is the woman Tori will never be. 

I think Jack seems like a lovely kid. But I'm confused, are they living in CA now?

Why is Tori surprised about Mystery Girls? She said herself that every single scripted show she's done since 90210 has only seen one season. What does that tell you? Also, did I imagine it or did Dr. Wexler seriously try to validate Tori's existence by denigrating the careers of the other cast members? "You've done so much better than them"....what??? Real professional right there.

• Love 16

Surprised that Tori's good "friend" didn't know about Tori's prior visit to Mary Jo and how she brought a knife. Everyone on this board knows that. Invest in your role. Buy the book!

• Love 18

Holy cow!!   I am so embarrassed for Tori and Dean.  Seriously!  No wonder she checked herself into the hospital, and Dean quit the show.  And they SHOULD feel bad.  MaryJo really said all the right/correct/appropriate things that needed to be said; that Tori NEEDED to hear.  She's not done herself any favors by surrounding herself with people like "Dr" Wexler, who blow smoke up her butt and tell her what she wants to hear. Idiots.  They've screwed up so many lives with their soul mate Fairy Tale bull crap. 

• Love 7

Mary Jo was definitely a class act and very expertly put Tori back in her place--I think Tori was actually unsure what had just happened.  I'm sure on the drive home, she'll be asking "what just happened?"  Then she'll turn the car around and race to Dr. W's office to get her dysfunction validated.  

I thought Mary Jo was lovely--just wish when she's in the kitchen and around the food she'd put her hair up.  And why do they have to hug every time they see each other?  Sorry, but I would never hug the woman who wrecked my marriage and slandered me in public.  BTW, I think MJ dodged a bullet not having to spend the rest of her life with Dean.  She's probably secretly thanking Tori for taking Dean away so they can have their "fairy tale" crap!

• Love 8

And another thing! I loved Mary Jo calling Tori on talking shit about her. Mary Jo wasn't going to let Tori slide on calling her "old, bitter and infertile". Nuh Uh.

"Oh well, Dean said..." No Trick, YOU said it. You wrote that in a book to paint a picture of Mary Jo for the world. I'd have choked her with those pigtails.

What kind of head case tries to get sympathy from the ex-wife? This broad is certifiable!

It brought me much joy to see Tori buzzing around the two exes who were interacting with such ease. Go eat a sandwich. Mary Jo offered the best revenge to Tori breezing thru her house with nary a care, while Tori tried to figure out where she belonged in her own home.

• Love 19

So Tori is the driving force behind this show, and she, and probably Dean, are creating and presumably editing it to spin things to their best advantage...and this is the result? Even the talking heads do them no favors. I just don't get why she and to a lesser extent, he, thought that this show would show either of them or their relationship in a favorable light.

• Love 5

That was amazing. Mary Jo quite simply and calmly handed Tori her ass. No anger, no drama, no tears, didn't raise her voice. Big dose of reality. Huge. No wonder Deano is so furious in next week's preview. In case there ever was any doubt, they've been revealed as white trash with money. LMFAO.

• Love 13

Mary Jo handled her way better than I would have. I would have picked her bony ass up and stabbed Dean with those shards she calls shoulder blades.

That was the delicious rub though. Mary Jo's nonchalant quiet confidence & ease with Dean just ate at Tori. Speaking of Tori, she came off more & more pathetic as the episode wore on. The secondhand embarrassment was thick when she was trying to get Mary Jo to join her "I hate Dean" club & got promptly rejected lmao

• Love 8

This show could almost be a comedy if they would add little thought bubbles above the heads of everyone Tori and Dean interact with to show what they are probably really thinking. Or we could use some snarky talking heads from the "friends".

• Love 5

That was the delicious rub though. Mary Jo's nonchalant quiet confidence & ease with Dean just ate at Tori. Speaking of Tori, she came off more & more pathetic as the episode wore on. The secondhand embarrassment was thick when she was trying to get Mary Jo to join her "I hate Dean" club & got promptly rejected lmao

What Mary Jo has can't be bought or taught. You've either got it or you don't. Tori doesn't have it and never will. I think that Tori thought that bringing Mary Jo into the mix would make her (Tori) somehow look better. Boy, did that backfire!

• Love 12

Where can I even start with this train wreck? Mary Jo is absolutely a rock star in every way. She even managed to make Tori look uglier and more insecure, which I didn't think was possible.

Like everyone said, she told Tori what we've all been saying for years. Own your shit! Stop making excuses and take some responsibility for what you did (50%). I think we would all be more forgiving if she did. Betrayal is horrible, it causes permanent damage, and "you can't help who you fall in love with" just isn't going to cut it.

She owed Mary Jo that apology for years, and it wasn't even that great.

I almost forgot about the whole "Charlie is so nurturing" thing. Please. Tori could not wait to dump Charlie and she didn't feel nurtured or safe of any of that other bullshit she's spouting now about him. She is so manipulative, using that to make Dean feel like total shit. Again and again.

Im going to say Mary Jo won this episode, this show and this whole damn thing.

Edited by babykin
  • Love 9

I'm very impressed by Mary Jo. She does not seem like a woman scorned at all. She was very light and friendly and open. I may be evil, but I really enjoyed the rapport between her and Dean, while Tori hovered insecurely in the background. That's what you get, bitch! You participated in destroying her family, but you haven't destroyed her. She is strong and confident, and she can hang out with the people who hurt her most in this world like it's a cakewalk. Again, super impressed. 

I thought it was a great idea for Tori to get together with MJ to try and create some parenting consistency for Jack. But, of course, her motives weren't altruistic. What she really wanted to do was break the ice so she could bring up the affair and hope MJ would absolve her. When she started prattling on about the Goodhand incident, the look on MJ's face was - "Is this bitch really trying to commiserate with me??" But she handled herself humbly and gracefully. She is the woman Tori will never be. 

I think Jack seems like a lovely kid. But I'm confused, are they living in CA now?

Why is Tori surprised about Mystery Girls? She said herself that every single scripted show she's done since 90210 has only seen one season. What does that tell you? Also, did I imagine it or did Dr. Wexler seriously try to validate Tori's existence by denigrating the careers of the other cast members? "You've done so much better than them"....what??? Real professional right there.

Yeah, it's pretty scary when both the patient AND the doctor are delusional.

Where can I even start with this train wreck? Mary Jo is absolutely a rock star in every way. She even managed to make Tori look uglier and more insecure, which I didn't think was possible.

Like everyone said, she told Tori what we've all been saying for years. Own your shit! Stop making excuses and take some responsibility for what you did (50%). I think we would all be more forgiving if she did. Betrayal is horrible, it causes permanent damage, and "you can't help who you fall in love with" just isn't going to cut it.

She owed Mary Jo that apology for years, and it wasn't even that great.

I almost forgot about the whole "Charlie is so nurturing" thing. Please. Tori could not wait to dump Charlie and she didn't feel nurtured or safe of any of that other bullshit she's spouting now about him. She is so manipulative, using that to make Dean feel like total shit. Again and again.

Im going to say Mary Jo won this episode, this show and this whole damn thing.

Yes, and Dean lost. Big time.
  • Love 3

This show could almost be a comedy if they would add little thought bubbles above the heads of everyone Tori and Dean interact with to show what they are probably really thinking.

Thought bubbles.  Now that's funny!  And when Tori and Dean talk to each other, the bubbles would be empty.  I love it.

• Love 3

It was actually very interesting watching Dean interact with Mary Jo. A complete 360 from how he interacts with Tori. With this ex-wife, there's a naturalness to the conversation and I doubt he was acting or thinking of the perfect thing to say. If it weren't for the all crap he's been feeding everyone, and the way he left her, you could almost see how they actually worked. He's never been like that with Tori. 

That party. I can feel for Jack because he seemed like he was trying to buy a lot of favor with the other kids at school. With the circus that is his father's current marriage, and the way Dean left the family, I bet he's teased and harassed relentlessly. I did enjoy watching him and Liam because it's obvious Liam likes being around his older brother. 

Tori really needs to get a clue. Mary Jo wasn't going to just befriend her like the rest of her "friends" and bash Dean. She doesn't need the money or the notoriety, so she doesn't have to suck up like the others. Mary Jo didn't cheat on a husband to get Dean. She watched her husband leave for someone who said nasty things about her age and fertility issues, who paraded their great "fairy tale" on national TV, wrote books about it, and is only now having a meltdown because it happened to her. Tori doesn't seem to get that's why none of her co-stars from anything like her. She sold every dirty little secret for a buck.

However, although she was obviously not happy with the topic, I doubt Mary Jo didn't expect Tori to want to talk about "The Goodhand Affair." She did bring the love note we'll see in the next episode (because the actual interesting part has to be cut to keep us watching). So either she was told ahead of time or figured Tori would bring it up. Also, the little it about Dean's father's picture kinda annoyed me only because she seemed like "well, I might just give it to you." As I understand it, Dean didn't have a good relationship with his alcoholic (surprise surprise) father. But to me, something like that shouldn't be held out of spite. Still, I can't exactly blame her. 

I'm convinced Courtney has no family like we were told she does with how much she hangs out at Tori's. She's apparently a mother and has a child at the same school as Liam and Stella, yet she never seems to be around to raise her own kid. Or, like Tori, she has a nanny to do all that for her. 

Edited by CodenameV
  • Love 1

This was a really interesting episode.  First, I liked Jack a lot.  He seems like a good-natured kid, but like an average teenager, he's not above playing his parents against one another.  I'm glad he had a nice birthday party. 

I wish Mary Jo would come on as a co-star.  She was great.  She presented herself with dignity and grace, and she showed Tori and Dean for who they really are:  two people who are driven by their own desperate insecurity. I'm glad she finally had her say on screen, but more importantly, I am glad that she's somehow overcome the pain they caused her to co-parent in a civil manner with Dean.  That's pretty incredible.

Weirdly, I think I finally saw what attracted Dean to Tori in the first place.  I think he likes women who are going to order him around - I was going to say he likes strong women, but Tori is the opposite of strong.  I think Mary Jo is probably domineering in some respects and it intimidated him.  He probably thought Tori was easier and more vulnerable.  Turns out she's just insecure and desperately afraid that people won't like her, so her aggression comes out in stealth ways, but at the end of the day, everything is still about her, even when she's trying to come across like she's listening or being supportive.  In almost every situation, I can almost see the wheels spinning in Tori's head while she tries to figure out, "How can I appear to be supportive or say the right thing, but still get what I want out of this situation? I can't be direct and say what I want, so I'll just silently disapprove until Dean guesses what I really want." She's so insecure, she followed Mary Jo around that party like a little puppy hoping to get a pet from her master.  It was pathetic. 

Both Mary Jo and Charlie dodged a bullet when they unloaded these two.  I definitely thing they're soul mates, but not in the way they think they are.

• Love 11

Mary Jo is the shizz.

Her empowerment and confidence is so opposite of Tori's neediness and insecurity that it's almost comical. Interestingly, the movie Dean met Tori on had Tori playing a Mary Jo like character... I think he got the old bait-and-switch.

• Love 4

I'm not really sure what I expected Jack to be like, but I was surprised for some reason. He seemed like a really nice kid and I loved that he embraced his brothers and sisters and was respectful and nice to Tori. That can't possibly an easy thing to do when Tori and his dad spent the last ten years flaunting their relationship for all to see.

I do think there was some undercover mischievous reason for inviting all those people to his party though and I kind of love it.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 2

Was I the only person who noticed that when Tori was driving to meet Jack, Stella was wearing berry colored lipstick like Tori? Jack seems like a nice, normal kid, & it's clear that he's close with both Liam & Stella & they all like each other, which is nice. And, I can't believe I'm going to say this, Tori seemed really (wait for it) mature with how she handled planning Jack's party & making sure that MJ didn't feel push aside or excluded. I was so surprised by how reasonably she acted about being a stepmom, I was confused & thought maybe I missed something.

What did make me LMAO was when Wexler pointed out to Tori (very gently of course) that sometimes Dean had to be the grownup because she wasn't. Tori was so surprised by that, Wexler had to immediately say that sometimes Dean wasn't a grownup too or I bet Tori would have gone right into a crying jag. And what a coincidence that Tori's agent just happened to text her about Mystery Girls right when they were sitting there waiting for Dr Wexler & had nothing to do. 

MJ has had 9 years to get over Dean leaving her, so I'm not surprised that she handled the meeting so well. Besides cookbook promotion, this must have seemed like a golden opportunity to her, to be finally able to tell Tori off & get her side out in the open. 

• Love 4

Dr. Wexler explains to Jack, Dean's son from his first marriage, why he can't invite 100 people to his 16th birthday party...

Just kidding! But most of the episode is weirdly dramatic about the kid's b-day party. They do see Dr. W, and Dean casually says that Tori wasn't physically attracted to Charlie, her first husband. So this guy who got dumped 9 years ago gets to hear this about his ex-wife, and it totally could have been edited out.

The talk they showed between Tori and Mary Jo is not the clip that was released months ago. Not sure if they are going for damage control, but it still didn't make Tori look any better.

Oh, and Mary Jo got to promote her upcoming cookbook, so another reason for her to agree to talk to Tori.

How in the name of all that is holy can that even happen?

I'm not even trying to be snarky but...Well, how the hell does one be involved with someone romantically and then go on to actually marry that person and not be aware that you're not physically attracted to them?

Even worse, who in their right mind would go into a marriage knowing you're not physically attracted to that person, and that this will probably be a huge obstacle in the relationship?

This emaciated woman never ceases to amaze me with the inexplicable decisions she makes in her life.

Of course, conversely, I guess this would kinda/sorta explain why she hitched it up with Dean so quickly.  Maybe she was actually so damned ignorant she believed her physical attraction to Dean, which she didn't have to Charlie, meant it was "true love," her so-called "fairy tale"?

That right there is some fucked up logic to the nth degree.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

Weirdly, I think I finally saw what attracted Dean to Tori in the first place.

See, I always thought it was the $pelling name - thus the rush to pop out a grandchild so quickly; that's a Golddigger 101 move.  Of course that doesn't explain the other three kids or how cute I thought this little family was on her other shows.  Maybe they were madly in love after all - I don't know and after watching this trainwreck I don't really care either. 

And speaking of the other three kids, it always amazes me when I see these two lounging around in the middle of the day (in this case hanging out at the therapist's office after the session has ended) remarking how crazy hectic their lives are with four kids - even though those same kids are never in those shots and no one is rushing off. 

I'm glad to see MaryJo hasn't wasted the nine years nursing some wound over Dean's sudden departure.  I'd bet she has thought about what she'd say to Tori when Dean finally cheated on her though (because that's something I would totally think about) and I'm glad she took the opportunity to deliver that on camera. Well done MaryJo.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

Just kidding! But most of the episode is weirdly dramatic about the kid's b-day party.

Haha!  Nice one Cosmic Muffin.   I guess the drama was for the cameras - not that Dean would have done anything different.  The kid has Dean's number. 

Tori does do good birthday parties, I'm glad that Jack got to have one but I was surprised to see Jack and his mother live in L.A.  I thought they lived in Canada.  

• Love 2

We've finally found the point of this bloody trainwreck show.   Mary Jo must have been devastated after her husband cheated on her so publicly, and then had to suffer through watching Tori and Dean sell their perfect fairy tale to the world.  But now thanks to this show she has incontrovertible evidence that every day of Dean's life is pure misery because he cheated on her.  Given how devastating this show would be for Tori and Dean if they had any sense (and sadly, how devastating it will be for their kids in a few years) I'm glad at least Mary Jo and Jack are getting something out of it and come off well on national television.

• Love 8

Of course, conversely, I guess this would kinda/sorta explain why she hitched it up with Dean so quickly.  Maybe she was actually so damned ignorant she believed her physical attraction to Dean, which she didn't have to Charlie, meant it was "true love," her so-called "fairy tale"?

That is a very good observation, it kind of describes their entire relationship which seems to be sex based, Tori doesn't know the difference between having the hots for someone, & being in love with them.

• Love 3
Tori doesn't know the difference between having the hots for someone, & being in love with them.

I actually think this may be true because in the therapist's office she said that she was attracted to Dean but her first husband was nurturing and understood her. I think she mistook the physical attraction she had with Dean for love.

• Love 5

I'd barf but I'm afraid Tori's CoCo would eat it.

Yes, Tori I agree, Dean and Mary Jo.  Hey, they are not the first nor the last ex's to have hot sex together.  Mary Jo doesn't have a baby on her hip and all your stupid phobias.  Deano just wants to get laid - with no pillow talk - pick up his bike helmet and drive home to nuke a potato for Liam. 

God, please TMZ, Radar, Us, InStyle, anyone...please tell me this shit is fake as hell.  60 kids for a birthday party.  Just do it, stfu, order pizza, go upstairs and check in once in a moment.  Tori does these stupid parties for her kids but now her panties are in a wad for Jack?  Call Dave & Busters.  And Tori, stay the fuck out of it and wear a real t-shirt, I'm sick of your stupid wardrobe with the muscle t-shirts. 

Mary Jo looked hawt!   Heeeeeeee heeeee heeeee!  Winner winner chicken dinner!  Since we are friends here, I do the same with my ex, but I have never met his new wife.  I just fuck with her by messaging my ex.  Like this would throw her off the edge "****, call me about our son".  Or, my favorite is "You left some stuff here xxoo come by to pick it up."  She locked herself in her room over that one.  Then he told me "She wants to come everytime I come to your house."  I said "Hell no.  Bitch is crazy."  He said "I know." so now it's all secret code... "Call me about (son #1).  But if I add xo which I do cuz it's funny as hell.  Mary Jo and Dean -  If I were Mary Jo I'd be in that kitchen too talking all about Uncle Joe and Aunt Rose and tell him he is the cook....she looked hawt!  I was loving every minute of it.  Sorry. But I read Tori's book.  At 18 years old she was banging the cook at the spelling mansion - it may have been earlier than 18.  That scene with Dean in the bed "my parents were so strick at 18"  Banging the cook in the Manor....ooooh   okay.   Liar.  Fraud.  Stupid.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3
It was actually very interesting watching Dean interact with Mary Jo. A complete 360 from how he interacts with Tori. With this ex-wife, there's a naturalness to the conversation and I doubt he was acting or thinking of the perfect thing to say. If it weren't for the all crap he's been feeding everyone, and the way he left her, you could almost see how they actually worked. He's never been like that with Tori.

Exactly. Because Mary Jo is a confident woman who can stand on her own two feet. I loved how she talked about how vulnerable the betrayal made her, but she eventually got past it. She seems like she would be a very easy woman to be with, because she doesn't need constant adoration and confirmation. She knows who she is, with or without a man. Tori needs to be validated at every second. She's a succubus. She just sucks everything right out of you until you're a shell of the person you once were. Dean was more "alive" in this episode, with his son and ex-wife, than Ii have ever seen him before. He really messed up.

Was I the only person who noticed that when Tori was driving to meet Jack, Stella was wearing berry colored lipstick like Tori? Jack seems like a nice, normal kid, & it's clear that he's close with both Liam & Stella & they all like each other, which is nice. And, I can't believe I'm going to say this, Tori seemed really (wait for it) mature with how she handled planning Jack's party & making sure that MJ didn't feel push aside or excluded. I was so surprised by how reasonably she acted about being a stepmom, I was confused & thought maybe I missed something.

Tori does seem to be very aware of the tricky role that is being a step-parent, and not wanting to overstep her bounds - which is funny, considering all the boundaries that were clearly annihilated as this relationship began. But I think a lot of it has to do with how intimidated she feels by Mary Jo. If Dean's ex were a timid, insecure mess, Tori would have no problem swooping in and taking over. But she knows MJ is a boss bitch, and she has her number, and there will be no little manipulative games with that one.

I'm not even trying to be snarky but...Well, how the hell does one be involved with someone romantically and then go on to actually marry that person and not be aware that you're not physically attracted to them?

I don't think for a hot minute that Tori was NEVER physically attracted to Charlie. I think she just says that to stroke Dean's ego, and give herself another excuse for why she just HAD to get out of that marriage.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 4

We've finally found the point of this bloody trainwreck show.   Mary Jo must have been devastated after her husband cheated on her so publicly, and then had to suffer through watching Tori and Dean sell their perfect fairy tale to the world.  But now thanks to this show she has incontrovertible evidence that every day of Dean's life is pure misery because he cheated on her.  Given how devastating this show would be for Tori and Dean if they had any sense (and sadly, how devastating it will be for their kids in a few years) I'm glad at least Mary Jo and Jack are getting something out of it and come off well on national television.

Heh. Tori's "fairy tale" is his MAJOR punishment for cheating on Mary Jo. Now THAT's a missing piece of this twisted puzzle. :) Almost makes me want to find the episode and watch. Almost.

All this would be hysterically funny if, as you reminded us, there weren't five innocent children being punished along with them.

• Love 2

There is something very off about Tori Spelling that becomes glaring when she interacts with more normal people. I noticed it last season in the few scenes she filmed with the much classier Jennie Garth, and I noticed it again with Mary Jo. Its a combination of how she looks and how she acts that resembles a cartoon caricature of a person. Tori just doesn't give off the vibe of a mature adult. And when she's interacting with Jennie and Mary Jo, its so painfully obvious that she's just WEIRD. You don't notice it as much when she's with Dean of any of those hired friends they have her do scenes with, but with more normal people, its really obvious she looks weird and talks like a seriously dysfunctional, immature human being. Its like watching that movie Roger Rabbit, where cartoons interact with real people.

Oh, and Dean did not have a huge crush on Donna Martin during the 90210 days. I was in high school then and the target audience, and NOBODY on a crush on Donna the Virgin. Very few guys even watched that show on a regular basis, and if they did, they wanted to bang Tiffani-Amber Theissan.

• Love 7

There is something very off about Tori Spelling that becomes glaring when she interacts with more normal people. I noticed it last season in the few scenes she filmed with the much classier Jennie Garth, and I noticed it again with Mary Jo. Its a combination of how she looks and how she acts that resembles a cartoon caricature of a person. Tori just doesn't give off the vibe of a mature adult. And when she's interacting with Jennie and Mary Jo, its so painfully obvious that she's just WEIRD. You don't notice it as much when she's with Dean of any of those hired friends they have her do scenes with, but with more normal people, its really obvious she looks weird and talks like a seriously dysfunctional, immature human being. Its like watching that movie Roger Rabbit, where cartoons interact with real people.

Oh, and Dean did not have a huge crush on Donna Martin during the 90210 days. I was in high school then and the target audience, and NOBODY on a crush on Donna the Virgin. Very few guys even watched that show on a regular basis, and if they did, they wanted to bang Tiffani-Amber Theissan.

Yes!!  She's a 41 year old child and can't hold down a normal adult conversation unless it's about her favorite topic - Tori.  

Dean would have been in his early 20's when 90210 first season aired.  The first two seasons were more like late-running afterschool specials with story lines that revolved around getting caught cheating on a test or teenagers fumbling through their first relationship experiences - very PG stuff - and definitely not something a 23 year old guy would tune in to.  I was in late high school at the time too, and Donna Martin/Tori Spelling was kinda the joke of the show.  On top of her horendous acting, obvious nepotism, her face is not exactly camera friendly.  Like no one could believe a cute guy like David Silver would be into that especially if he wasn't gettin' some. If most guys had to rank the cast members they would bang, Tori would be tied for last place with the guy who ran the pizza joint.  On the other hand, Donna Martin was always the damsel in distress and the delicate flower/good girl so i could see some attraction in the later seasons once she lost her V-card and Aaron Spelling allowed the writers to sex her character up a bit.  A guy with Dean's self esteem issues would fancy himself a knight in shining armor, swooping in to save the princess.  I think he likes to see Tori sad so he can blow a bunch of smoke up her ass and sing her a lame song and go pat himself on the back (weiner).

• Love 3

Yeah I call bullshit on this. He was too old to be watching 90210 first of all. I agree that if some old dude is watching, it's for Tiffani Amber Thiessen. Tori has always been a butter-face.

But also, I thought I read something right after they got together about how Dean was either unfamiliar with Tori or maybe he thought she was not attractive until he met her in person. Wish I knew where I saw that.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3

There is something very off about Tori Spelling that becomes glaring when she interacts with more normal people. I noticed it last season in the few scenes she filmed with the much classier Jennie Garth, and I noticed it again with Mary Jo. Its a combination of how she looks and how she acts that resembles a cartoon caricature of a person. Tori just doesn't give off the vibe of a mature adult. And when she's interacting with Jennie and Mary Jo, its so painfully obvious that she's just WEIRD. You don't notice it as much when she's with Dean of any of those hired friends they have her do scenes with, but with more normal people, its really obvious she looks weird and talks like a seriously dysfunctional, immature human being. Its like watching that movie Roger Rabbit, where cartoons interact with real people

Yes!  I'm no psychiatrist, but I'd say she might be suffering from some arrested development issues.  Just the way she was, per her description so "happy" to reconnect with all of her childhood shit (the stuffed animals, etc..) during the storage space fiasco made me think....hmmm, yeah... something ain't right here. 

I know exactly what you mean about Mary Jo seeming a little 'off' during that last conversation, but just think of it. I know it's been a long time and MJ surely moved on , but Tori is coming at her like she wants to be bff (also , it seems like Tori is acting like it just happened). , this bitch can't move on from ANYTHING! But I would probably be acting all weird also , even if I was over it. I would never have been so. grasious and for sure wouldn't of hugged T! All in all she, MJ, came off very classy and is very attractive. I wanted to reach in the TV and throttle Tori when she tried to shit talk Dean! What a BITCH! I couldn't believe that , and the WAY she tried to do it was so damn sceevy!! WOW great love affair going on there 'T"! This bitch seriously sickens me and her lips on a profile shot? Oh my! I never saw anything like it. She is so hard to look at!

Heatherchandler, am going to read that right now.

• Love 2

IMO violence isn't the way to go unless someone's trying to kill you or someone you love, sorry.  I can't get on board with that.  People can't be stolen unless at gunpoint, and unless Tori had a gun on her, then Dean went willingly; I've never been with this, "she stole my...."  No, honey, your husband was a douche and he chose to leave.  No woman has a magical vagina that renders men helpless.

I'm surprised though that Tori hasn't ever spoken to Mary Jo in all this time, that's what I think is strange.  

Just read that article about Mary Jo:  What a condescending witch she sounds with this statement:  It was the usual low-budget schlock, made for a network with romantically challenged viewers suffering from low self-esteem and minor learning disabilities.  

And then the gem about how no one sleeps with Tori Spelling willingly?  I mean WTF lady?  She doesn't sound like a nice person IMO, but then again, she did marry Dean.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
I imagine it or did Dr. Wexler seriously try to validate Tori's existence by denigrating the careers of the other cast members? "You've done so much better than them"....what???

That was not my interpretation of what she said. Tori was whining about her show being cancelled, and Dr. Wexler said, "But haven't you had more success than most people in this business?" To point out that Tori really has had a bunch of lucky breaks, compared to most struggling actors, and she should have some gratitude.

• Love 2

I know exactly what you mean about Mary Jo seeming a little 'off' during that last conversation, but just think of it. I know it's been a long time and MJ surely moved on , but Tori is coming at her like she wants to be bff (also , it seems like Tori is acting like it just happened). , this bitch can't move on from ANYTHING! But I would probably be acting all weird also , even if I was over it. I would never have been so. grasious and for sure wouldn't of hugged T! All in all she, MJ, came off very classy and is very attractive. I wanted to reach in the TV and throttle Tori when she tried to shit talk Dean! What a BITCH! I couldn't believe that , and the WAY she tried to do it was so damn sceevy!! WOW great love affair going on there 'T"! This bitch seriously sickens me and her lips on a profile shot? Oh my! I never saw anything like it. She is so hard to look at!

Heatherchandler, am going to read that right now.

Mary Jo probably seems "off" in comparison because she's the only person on the show who isn't acting.  I'm still firmly of the belief that Emily Goodhand is fiction, and possibly Dean's rehab/sobriety journey, as well as Tori's numerous health scares and Mommy-Martyrdom.  But Mary Jo went through some real hell and continues to go through it every time one of these two publishes a book, gets a reality show picked up, or sells a story to the tabloids.  When the camera goes off, Tori and Dean can high five each other and count their money.  Mary Jo is conveying nearly a decade of hurt and humiliation into a few minutes of airtime.  

According to Mary Jo, Dean was always a douche.  She doesn't go into detail but in her book "Divorce sucks"  she refers to mini bombs going off during her marriage (which I took to mean cheating) and that she always knew the "Hiroshima" was coming.  As much as I like her, I can't help but wonder what her issues are that she'd put up with him for so long.  And he was the one who walked out.  She doesn't strike me as a doormat, and she certainly wasn't in the marriage for money or fame (ahem).  

Edited by Thula
  • Love 2
That was not my interpretation of what she said. Tori was whining about her show being cancelled, and Dr. Wexler said, "But haven't you had more success than most people in this business?" To point out that Tori really has had a bunch of lucky breaks, compared to most struggling actors, and she should have some gratitude.

See, I thought she said "THOSE people" - referring to her old castmates. But it's possible I just heard wrong. 

According to Mary Jo, Dean was always a douche.  She doesn't go into detail but in her book "Divorce sucks"  she refers to mini bombs going off during her marriage (which I took to mean cheating) and that she always knew the "Hiroshima" was coming.  As much as I like her, I can't help but wonder what her issues are that she'd put up with him for so long.  And he was the one who walked out.  She doesn't strike me as a doormat, and she certainly wasn't in the marriage for money or fame (ahem).

Maybe she just stayed for the kid? I've known of people who were completely over their crappy spouse, but the children had such a good relationship with him that they stayed on, and just kind of did their own thing. I really have no idea, just speculating. Some people do take "Til death do us part" very literally, even if the other vows have been broken. She doesn't seem like the type, but maybe she's super stubborn?

I know exactly what you mean about Mary Jo seeming a little 'off' during that last conversation, but just think of it.

There is something about Mary Jo's voice and her personality that come off a little "flat" at times. I noticed it a few times during her Access Hollywood interview recently. She seems to move in and out of having a personality and then being more monotone. I never watched her cooking show, so I don't know if she was always like this or not. But she still comes off way more normal than Tori.