Type keyword(s) to search

Enlightened - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just discovered this show. It’s great! So sad that there are only 2 seasons. I think it was ahead of its time. The show would have done well as a lead-in for or following Big Little Lies.

• Love 1
On 8/10/2019 at 1:17 AM, nb360 said:

I just discovered this show. It’s great! So sad that there are only 2 seasons. I think it was ahead of its time. The show would have done well as a lead-in for or following Big Little Lies.

I just discovered it too, and it is great.  Definately binge-worthy.

I agree that it is ahead of its time.  It could run today as a brand-new show and work just as well.  The cast is impeccable.

I'm years behind, but I just found this show. I'm halfway through season 2.

Amy is so annoying, but I've known people like her, so I can't fault the portrayal.

I assume that the show ends on an unresolved cliff-hanger, which will be frustrating, but I plan to watch the rest of it anyway.

On 11/20/2014 at 11:34 PM, random chance said:

I didn't blame her mother one bit, because her reason was perfectly valid: Amy wasn't insured to drive her car. 

That actually bugged me because generally, if you give someone permission to drive your car, they're covered under your insurance if they cause a wreck.  I assume there's a point at which family members need to be included on insurance policies by name, but occasionally?  She's probably covered.

Then again, we saw her drive.  In fact, I kind of loved how many times we saw her pulling up somewhere in her car or leaving somewhere in her car. 

I'll also say that I floved her clothes.  Laura Dern is a beanpole so she'll look good in just about anything, but all of her clothes were so pretty and she made them look great.

I also finally saw some credits (Max is cutting them off unless I hit the right button at exactly the right time) and found out it's Dermot Mulroney playing the reporter.  I could not place him. 

I watched both seasons over the last couple of days, after realizing it was done by Mike White.  And the lineup of guest directors was pretty darn impressive.  You don't exactly look at Mike White and think, "Hollywood Heavyweight."

Plus I want Luke Wilson's apartment something awful.