Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Faith And Despondency

That's the episode description? Not a variation on "Jax makes decisions that may cause problems for the club/alliances/his loved ones"?

Love...Tig and Venus (as she is supposed to return this Ep, supposedly)? Chibs and Sheriff Jarry? Wendy and Nero?

Or is Gemma gonna follow through on her threats to Abel's teacher by punching her and sending her flying? (Courtney Love...in the air...haha...I'll show myself out now).

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 8

That's the episode description? Not a variation on "Jax makes decisions that may cause problems for the club/alliances/his loved ones"?

Love...Tig and Venus (as she is supposed to return this Ep, supposedly)? Chibs and Sheriff Jarry? Wendy and Nero?

Or is Gemma gonna follow through on her threats to Abel's teacher by punching her and sending her flying? (Courtney Love...in the air...haha...I'll show myself out now).

I think definitely Tig and Venus. As someone who has loved watching this relationship evolve from the first time Tig laid eyes on Venus back in season 5, I cannot wait to see what will happen tomorrow night!   I love it any time Walton Goggins is on this show. 

all I will say is, that relationship better stay"whole" to use Sutter-speak! If Venus dies, I will be so pissed.

• Love 5

Well, this is the first time I like Abel. How will she get out of this? Ironic if she's taken down by a lie.

I did NOT need to see the dangling eye. But it would make a great band name.

Edited by ToniG
  • Love 3

HOLY CRAP!!! Excellent!

ETA:

OMG, Jax! Why don't you throw some more world-shattering news at Abel, why don't you? Hey - now would be a great time to tell him Santa's not real!

This. They know the kid's dealing with his mom's death, so let's just pile on the news that the mom he's missing? Isn't his mom.

Edited by ToniG
  • Love 8

Let me first just say that Charlie Hunnam's ass is a thing of beauty. 

Yet again, the Sons come up tops is a completely unbelievable way. Like honestly, how did the 12 year old that runs the Niners get in contact with the Sons to set this shit up when Moses was originally touted as smart and clandestine. No way he would have sent all his guys to that cabin without having the information verified first. 

Juice, boo...I don't even...I can't even...Juice, boo. 

The Sheriff is cray. Like, completely demented. 

Nice work Jax, your son is currently exhibiting signs of crazy. What should you do? Tell him he has a new mommy! But I'm glad because it prompted Abel to let the cat out of the bag!!!! Kid gets shit done!

• Love 8

Oh little Psycho, how did you become my favorite character.

Throwing shade at Gemma about "accidents."

Using some self-inflicted injuries to get Gemma in trouble with the school and child services.

Getting himself moved out of Gemma's house with his lie about grandma.

Asking Daddy if Grandma killed Tara Mommy so that his first Mommy could come back. I think that is the one.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 12
Guest Accused Dingo

Well this was officially the Abel Teller Show.   Did he just say what I think he just said?  Not to mention for a five year old he comes up with pretty good master plans.  Hell his plans work better then daddy's do and they are far less complicated.  Cut myself and blame grandma and go live with Daddy.

How did the psychopath TIg end up with the most romantic relationship on the show?  That was one hell of a scene between Tig and Venus.  They are officially my OTP and if they don't ride off into the sunset together I will be upset.  Not bad considering I never liked Tig.  

I guess the deck is officially cleared out for the home stretch now for the "Jax knows" plot.     With no real enemy to face except for his own demons all hell is about to break lose.

Edited by Accused Dingo
  • Love 12

It took nine other episodes to finally get to one that didn't suck.  Wow, I didn't know Kurt Sutter was Otto until the aftershow.  I was worried about Little Psycho touching a public toilet seat in a school no less, but I have to think attacking yourself with a fork in a public rest room is worse.  I feel bad for Juice, even though I still think he needs to die.  No one should have to be Marilyn Manson's boy toy in prison.  His acting is dreadful.  I miss Henry Rollins...

Oh wow, just saw Charlies' socks on the aftershow, haha. 

Edited by placate
  • Love 7

Yeah, no way Moses would have been that stupid. Former Special Ops, et al? No way he would have walked into that trap.

Winsome is "smart," Jax? She doesn't know what re-entering data even means! You like her because she looks like Tara.

Tig and Venus? Well, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna end well. Tig is why Tig can't have nice things. Sorry, Venus darling. ETA: I think it's lovely for them to be where they are, but I'm thinking one of them will be toast by Ep 13.

The fighting foreplay between Chibs and Jarry was waaaaay cliche. Were those his shirt buttons falling on her? With how dirty those guys have been looking, I wouldn't be surprised if it was bugs. Sadly...Chibs, I still would (call me *wink*).

A little Charlie Hunnam ass and a little Jimmy Smits ass, to boot.

And that end....woah, Abel! Perfect delivery! (Even though I think everything he has done seems awfully clever for a kid his age.)

And good job, Unser.

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 4

Gee almost unbelievable that a 5 year old would be able to come up with such a plan!  Not to mention tolerate the pain of putting those deep scratches in his own arm with a fork in pursuit of that plan!  Eh--doesnt ring true for me.

Juice almost looked like he is enjoying his new 'romantic' relationship.

Charlie Hunnam has a really weird real accent.  Almost like a New Yawk accent mixed with a slight English lilt.

• Love 2

I was amazed that Gemma managed an entire conversation with someone named Sayyid and wasn't racist once. I genuinely braced myself for it when he was introduced.

The Jax/Abel scene annoyed me until the very end. Tara was Abel's mother. It's been, how long, at most two months since she she died and he is clearly not coping. Probably a bit too soon for the "the loss of your mother has been devastating, love. But on the bright side, we've got a back-up!" talk. 

• Love 10

It took nine other episodes to finally get to one that didn't suck. Wow, I didn't know Kurt Sutter was Otto until the aftershow. I was worried about Little Psycho touching a public toilet seat in a school no less, but I have to think attacking yourself with a fork in a public rest room is worse. I feel bad for Juice, even though I still think he needs to die. No one should have to be Marilyn Manson's boy toy in prison. His acting is dreadful. I miss Henry Rollins...

Oh wow, just saw Charlies' socks on the aftershow, haha.

I just realized that too. Can't believe he let onto be raped in prison

Unser is clearly invincible. Dude's had stage 87 cancer since season 1

Anyone else get "Shillinger & Beecher" vibes from Juice and Marilyn Manson?

How the hell did Moses not smell a set-up?!

Stage 87 cancer? We have a winner!!!

I guess Tyler called Jax once they left but how did T.O. Know to send them there???

"Ok T.O. If you ever get snatched up by Marks guys, give em this address!!"

It's things like that I get obsessed over and it ruins it for me!!!

Edited by tomsmom

I was amazed that Gemma managed an entire conversation with someone named Sayyid and wasn't racist once. I genuinely braced myself for it when he was introduced.

The Jax/Abel scene annoyed me until the very end. Tara was Abel's mother. It's been, how long, at most two months since she she died and he is clearly not coping. Probably a bit too soon for the "the loss of your mother has been devastating, love. But on the bright side, we've got a back-up!" talk.

Kid need therapy. A ton of it. And to get away from his family. I wished Abel would've been adopted by that couple when he got kidnapped. His life would've been so much better.

• Love 3

How is it that the Sons always seem to come out on top? Well... simply because everybody else has to act unbelievably stupid and inept for it to happen.

I swear Althea has to be the most ridiculous "foe" that SAMCRO has had in all of the seasons. She is even worse than Unser IMO. It is just inconceivable that she would get intimately involved with the very outlaws causing chaos in the town that she is supposed to be protecting. She comes across as a very needy unhinged woman because of some "bad boy" dick. She just has to be better than this... I truly hope that she has some master plan in place to take them down.

• Love 2

Well, wow that was a good episode and a lot threw at you to process. 

The love scene montage I was liking then I saw Marilyn Manson and Juice, with all the teasing of Juice in earlier seasons it was sad to see him be Marilyn Manson's boy toy in prison. 

Rat went from loving the babysitter to doing girls at Diosa? Jax and Winsome I totally saw coming, he was so flirty with her in their first meeting.

Any all Venus scenes are awesome.

Althea is crazy, she definitely has a bad boy fetish. Chibs being done with her, saying he's a criminal and slapping her turned her on.

They really went for "an eye for an eye" in the wipe out Marks' men plan. I don't look away a lot, but I couldn't watch when Jax pulled out the eyeball and it was hanging out. Then when they cut off the fingers. 

Abel's a mentally ill child, but on the other hand he's really smart and good manipulator with a plan. A 5yr old came up with the plan to hurt himself with the fork as a way to get Gemma in trouble with the police. It's like a mini frame up plan that sent Clay to jail.  Abel's been paying attention to SAMCRO's plotting that's for sure. 

Jax really has interesting timing, 2 minutes after he knows Abel's hurt himself with a fork to get Gemma in trouble he tells him, hey that mommy you're missing wasn't your mommy at all. This is your real mommy, like that's not going to confuse him anymore? Crazy as it was, I got Jax's reasonings. He probably thought having a real mommy he always had come back might fill that void and make Abel feel better. 

And wow Abel, I thought he wasn't going to say anything then he throws out the innocent thoughts that Gemma killed Tara so Wendy could come back. 

It's interesting how things are coming back around. Season 1 started with Wendy pregnant on the floor with Abel, then Abel and Wendy coming home from the hospital. Now the show is ending and we're back there, Wendy in the same house with now Jax and Abel knowing she's his mommy.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Ted Bundy was raised to believe that his real mother was his sister, and that his grandma was his mother.  Just sayin.'

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with Abel figuring out that Gemma killed Tara, but the kid can barely string a sentence together, and now he's masterminding a CPS intervention?  What I have a bigger problem with is that a 5 year old masterminded a CPS intervention, and yet the cops are struggling with a case that would be Criminology 101.  

Honestly, when Abel went into the restroom with his lunchbox, I thought he was getting a gun to Jeremy all the kids in his school.

• Love 5
Charlie Hunnam has a really weird real accent.  Almost like a New Yawk accent mixed with a slight English lilt.

Even English people think that the folks (They call them "Geordies") from where Charlie Hunnam comes from have really weird accents.

He tends to have his accent slip/become pronounced when he pronounces his "AH" sound, unlike the New Yawk accent which becomes pronounced with the "OH" sound.

• Love 2

Charlie Hunnam has a really weird real accent.  Almost like a New Yawk accent mixed with a slight English lilt.

His accent totally came out during that scene with Nero at the start of the episode, there was one line that he said that it didn't even seem like Charlie was trying to mask it. It was like his normal voice.

They gave away a lot in that clip on Anarachy Afterword.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Juice is a straight bitch how did he make it this far?

Abel is on a whole new level his little ass is plotting and framing his grandma also telling on her lol.

Jax and his walk is hilarious

I still need everybody dead.

• Love 6

Perhaps the best ep of the series.

Through Rat, we get to see the incredible pull that the power of the patch and the brotherhood can be.  What he doesn't get is that the price is you are forever trapped.  He screwed a hawt girl, withstood torture, and then received rare love from his brothers, and comes home to a savvy lady who wants to live out her days with him.  Super duper powerful stuff.  Guys like Rat typically never know such.

Abel is a freaking savant.  He'd make one helluva a comic book villain, like the Joker.  Maybe he could be "Legacy?"  Y'all have any other suggestions for his adult criminal alter-ego name?

I thought it was an excellent touch to have that convo where Unser spoke of just how damn hard it can be to kill someone - even a scumbag.   Few are as cynical as Unser, yet even he was feeling it.  Speaking of...

So much evoking of base humanity.  Even lowlifes like Alexaaaaannnder and Chibs aspire to know ultimate love and beauty.  As Tig brilliantly expressed, he wants to know how, but he just doesn't.  Worse, he has no real hope he ever will.  So, wearing a kutte makes for one heck of a coping mechanism.  Chibs knows better than to hang with the certifiably insane Althea, but he also recognizes that beggars can't be choosers.  She'll do.

I absolutely loved the reveal of first mommy to Abel.  The healing that would have begun in that child is wondrous.   He wasn't mentally ill.  He just could not stand to live with the core lies and deceits all around him.   When the truth came out, he could be congruent and live more easily.  That he gets his "real" mommy having thought he'd forever lost a mommy?  Cherry on the best sundae evah.  So much of psychology, in my opinion, is about trying to get folks to find a path to congruency and give them real hope they can find a path that leads to more and more of it.  

It is impossible for me to not love Venus.  I have to agree with Charlie and Tommy in the aftershow when they said Goggins and Coates created one of the greatest scenes ever.  Not sure if WG was correct that it took an outlaw approach to get there, though.  Yet, it was masterful.  And yes, courageous.  

I am not at all pleased it took so much BS to finally get here, but I am grateful to have arrived. 

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 7

Something horrible just occurred to me.  What if Jax thinks Abel is lying again to get Gemma in trouble again?  I saw the previews for the next episode so I'm hoping not but I'm going to think of every single scenario for this show to disappoint me.

• Love 1

Something horrible just occurred to me.  What if Jax thinks Abel is lying again to get Gemma in trouble again?  I saw the previews for the next episode so I'm hoping not but I'm going to think of every single scenario for this show to disappoint me.

Charlie spoke precisely to this point on the Aftershow.  He told us what Jax was thinking when the sun next rose.

• Love 1

Good episode overall but I really don't buy that Jax is capable of outsmarting August Marks.

Were all those sex scenes in the beginning necessary? I had a hard time telling who half the people were and I don't really care about any of these relationships. And the way the shot switched from Jax and his Tara replacement hooker to Gemma and Nero was creepy as fuck. 

Has anyone who writes for this show ever been around a child? Because the way they're writing 5 year old Abel is ridiculous. First of all, a kid his age who isn't developmentally delayed would be speaking much clearer and much more. My 2 and a half year old niece speaks much better than Abel. I know it's hard to get child actors to "act" so they mostly just recite lines, but if we're meant to believe Abel is capable of processing Gemma's confession and setting off the chain of events that is likely to end the series, then the show needs to do a better job of showing him to be of at least average intelligence for a kid his age. Also, kids don't formulate master plans to take down their enemies. They don't have the attention spans or reasoning to do so. A 5 year old cutting himself in the school bathroom to frame his evil grandmother? That's some sick shit... that would never actually happen. The more realistic approach would have been to have Abel overhear Gemma's confession and then simply repeat her words to Jax, because repeating things they overhear from adults is actually something small children are capable of... but sitting on explosive information for weeks and then making cold calculated moves that include self-harm to entrap a murderous grandparent, is not. 

Jax picked a helluva time to drop the real mommy bomb on the little psychopath. But I was happy for Wendy in that scene. I think she deserves to be acknowledge as more than friend who helps out with the kids. Not only is she the only one on the show who has worked to improve herself and get healthy, but she seems to be the only one who places Abel's well-being over her own desires. Gemma and Jax constantly put themselves before the kids. However, I hated seeing Wendy mooning over Jax afterward like he did something wonderful for her. She shouldn't be groveling for his acceptance as her own son's mother. She's a much better person and parent than he is and I don't buy this lovey friendship between them, there's too much ugly history there... including the time Jax forcibly shot her up and undid years of hard work she did on herself. 

While disappointing, I wouldn't fault Jax for thinking that at first because kids often do repeat things out of context or mix things up, and sometimes they just flat out make up stories. I have a feeling Jax is going to be a little skeptical at first, like a lot of parents are when their kid tells them some crazy story, but once he starts looking into things, he'll see it adds up--which is basically what we saw in the preview for next week. 

Edited by Everleigh
  • Love 6

Wow!  Bone-a-palooza.  Jesse Pinkman watches that episode and thinks 'Poor Juice...I guess being a meth slave for a few months, in hindsight - not so bad.'

I want the spinoff to be 'Venus and Tig' and their whacky adventures trying to adjust to life in suburbia.   Or something.  God help me, I love those two crazy kids!

Oh Jemma....Nero buys a farm, and you're gonna buy the farm.  How quaint!

Very pleased with the episode...and, at this point, I suspect Unser would be immune to Ebola!

• Love 6

Good episode overall but I really don't buy that Jax is capable of outsmarting August Marks.

Were all those sex scenes in the beginning necessary? I had a hard time telling who half the people were and I don't really care about any of these relationships. And the way the shot switched from Jax and his Tara replacement hooker to Gemma and Nero was creepy as fuck.

Has anyone who writes for this show ever been around a child? Because the way they're writing 5 year old Abel is ridiculous. First of all, a kid his age who isn't developmentally delayed would be speaking much clearer and much more. My 2 and a half year old niece speaks much better than Abel. I know it's hard to get child actors to "act" so they mostly just recite lines, but if we're meant to believe Abel is capable of processing Gemma's confession and setting off the chain of events that is likely to end the series, then the show needs to do a better job of showing him to be of at least average intelligence for a kid his age. Also, kids don't formulate master plans to take down their enemies. They don't have the attention spans or reasoning to do so. A 5 year old cutting himself in the school bathroom to frame his evil grandmother? That's some sick shit... that would never actually happen. The more realistic approach would have been to have Abel overhear Gemma's confession and then simply repeat her words to Jax, because repeating things they overhear from adults is actually something small children are capable of... but sitting on explosive information for weeks and then making cold calculated moves that include self-harm to entrap a murderous grandparent, is not.

Jax picked a helluva time to drop the real mommy bomb on the little psychopath. But I was happy for Wendy in that scene. I think she deserves to be acknowledge as more than friend who helps out with the kids. Not only is she the only one on the show who has worked to improve herself and get healthy, but she seems to be the only one who places Abel's well-being over her own desires. Gemma and Jax constantly put themselves before the kids. However, I hated seeing Wendy mooning over Jax afterward like he did something wonderful for her. She shouldn't be groveling for his acceptance as her own son's mother. She's a much better person and parent than he is and I don't buy this lovey friendship between them, there's too much ugly history there... including the time Jax forcibly shot her up and undid years of hard work she did on herself.

While disappointing, I wouldn't fault Jax for thinking that at first because kids often do repeat things out of context or mix things up, and sometimes they just flat out make up stories. I have a feeling Jax is going to be a little skeptical at first, like a lot of parents are when their kid tells them some crazy story, but once he starts looking into things, he'll see it adds up--which is basically what we saw in the preview for next week.

I agree about the shot change from Jax to Gemma and Nero. For half a second there I thought we'd slipped into some disturbing Oedipal dream sequence or something. Very creepy.

Clearly lying and scheming is in the family genes, but that was awfully complex and *schemey* for a five year old. And who puts a metal fork in a lunchbox of a five year old to take to school? Or are we supposed to infer that he himself put the fork in there for some other scary reason and he just decided on the fly (because of what his teacher said) to use it to self harm to get his grandmother in trouble? Sutter has kids of his own. You would think he'd be aware of what a five year old, even one with very good reason to have severe emotional issues, is cognitively capable of.

When Gemma made the comment to Nero that she didn't know why he stayed or why he loved her I could hear a few million voices shouting at their televisions in unison "neither do we!"

Taking out Marks' crew was satisfying, but again the writing made no sense. I didn't buy that they would just drive out to this remote address without at least doing a little recon first to make sure it was legit and not an ambush. The guy was supremely arrogant and overconfident, but he was clearly not stupid, and that move just wasn't believable for the character IMHO.

The closing Chibbs/Jarry scene...ugh. Jax choosing that moment to complicate his emotionally troubled son's life even more by suddenly telling him he has another mother...ugh.

The one saving grace for me was the Venus/Tig scene. That was a risky place to go and it could have gone very wrong very easily, but it was handled with sensitivity by the actors and it ended up being surprisingly sweet.

Another episode that was both interesting and frustrating in that there were numerous instances of lazy writing and leaps of illogic that pulled me out of the story. Sigh.

• Love 2

Eye-eye-eye!! Tribute to Deadwood?

All other actors discussing the Fucking Montage™ with Paris Barclay:  "Please do not show my ass after Charlie's."

The PTV recap asks "I wonder how many women there are in the writer's room?" Well, based on that disgusting scene with Chibbs and Lady Cop I'd guess approximately zero, give or take a zero.

I started watching the Aftershow but not sure I can take an hour of Kurt Sutter's bloviating. It didn't seem like he was letting the guys say much (although I did get a chance to listen to Charlie Hunnam's weird-RL accent.)

And everything that can be said about Dead-Eye Abel has been said. Would have been WAY more believable if he just repeated exactly what he heard. And no bandage or even a band-aid for that forking wound? (I thought he was going to stab his friend in the head...that's how bad the show has gotten for me).

Like Gemma, I need to be put out of my misery.

• Love 1