Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Wishlist: Horsemen's Heads and Lollipop Dreams

Are you happy enough with the show that another season would be wonderful news or are you mostly dissatisfied with this season to the point of "cancel it now, already?"

For me I think the show has lost it's way too much to regain it's previous good storytelling.  Another season would be terrible if it continues with the Katrina propping and Abbie being sidelined. 

I don't think Abbie's been sidelined (maybe demoted would be a better word?), but think the word applies to Jenny and Irving big time.  Abbie is still the lead female of the show and gets more screen time than Katrina overall.  And she still kicks a**.

I would like to see another season, just to see where the Crabbie (better than Ichabbie) bond goes.  But they need to end the CFD once and for all and get Irving out of Tarrytown psych and give Jenny something to do.  Not sure where Hawley fits in - he doesn't bother me too much and serves as a laid back contrast to Crane's priggishness.  They need to get back to what made S1 compelling - interesting characters and some good scares.

I really don't care one or the other at this point. I enjoyed the craziness, chemistry and fun of last season. However, this season the show seems to have lost a lot of what made it entertaining TV.

I'm still watching live, but am becoming less compelled to watch week after week.

I'd certainly hate for the cast and crew to lose their jobs with a cancellation, but I can't say I'd be torn up if cancellation was announced.

• Love 2

Here is your thread to discuss whether there should be a Sleepy Hollow season 3

Now that we have a season 3, what would you like to see happen in the show. There will be 18 episodes, so lots of story development times and with significant deaths and a new showrunner, there is a great opportunity to make the show great. It's like a series reboot! Let you minds run wild!

I do want a season 3. If the backhalf of the season can somehow - somehow - resolve the mess from the front half, give some answers and move on, then I am here for it. I want to see Crane, Abbie, Jenny and Irving on TV. Even Hawley is good. The rest can go, even Reyes, because Irving needs his job back.

I would not be surprised if it is cancelled, but I will be sad. Really sad.

I would like to see the show expand it's base a bit. I remember reading in the spring that they might shoot in London, and I was hoping to have Crane and Abbie on a plane. There was also talk about them going to downtown New York City, but this season seems so much more shielded from everything around them than even last season. The small town seems so much smaller.

• Love 1

I don't think I want a S3 at this point. The show has become as stale as its favorite character, Katrina, and as annoying as its favorite plot, the Cranes drama. I don't want to keep watching a show, where Abbie keeps getting sidelined or demoted, the moment Katrina, the special snowflake, interacts with the main characters. I love Abbie, I love Nicole, but there is something I want even more, than watch her every week: respect for her. 

If Sleepy Hollow can bounce back from the horrid choices they've been making, then I'll root for a S3. I don't think that's likely though. Ichy is beyond redeemable at this point with his aggressive disdain and disloyalty against Abbie. The bad guys are boring. The charm is gone and the stakes have never been lower.

• Love 1

Wishes for a S3:

• Katrina dead and very rarely mentioned.
  • Hawley gone and never mentioned again.
  • Joe returns.
  • The Masons return.
  • Henry replaced as War by someone more competent, which results in him launching a side war with Moloch.
  • Kindred made recurring. 
  • Big Ash made recurring.
  • Abbie with a boytoy of the month that she dumps whenever he starts questioning why she’s always breaking dates and leaving in the middle of a “session”.
  • The Witnesses on a quest away from Sleepy Hollow.
  • Less soap opera.
Edited by FierceAfroChick
  • Love 3
The Witnesses on a quest away from Sleepy Hollow.

I've always hoped they'd do a NYC episode (filmed on location).  Imagine Crane horrified by the big city noise, traffic, construction etc.  They could come to Wall Street and film at Federal Hall, so he can see the George Washington statue.  Imagine the possibilities.

The real Sleepy Hollow is about an hour outside Manhattan anyway, so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

Edited by apgold
  • Love 1

More humor, fun and the we-know-we're-crazy-and-are-gleefully-embracing-it energy that made S1 so addictive. 

More of Jenny and her complex, touching relationship with Abbie. 

More amusing insights that come from Crane being a 'fish out of water' and more of the vulnerability that Tom Mison can pull off so well.  Fewer reminders that he knows pretty much everyone and everything, was instrumental in pretty much every historical event to ever take place and was and is desired by EVERY female with whom he crosses path. 

Less Henry. Little to no Katrina.

Less angsty, soapy nonsense. 

Creative, interesting mysteries en route to saving the whole freaking world.  I'd love to see an Agatha Christie-ish whodunit, with Abbie and Ichabod in a country house and---eh, feel free to ignore me; I ALWAYS want my shows to do Agatha Christie-ish whodunits, and I tend to lose interest in lofty arcs about apocalypses awfully quickly! 

A strong female friendship for Abbie, maybe with someone like Caroline...only still alive :)  

Edited by amensisterfriend

I would still want a Season 3 even though the show has become feast or famine with good moments and very frustrating moments in the same episode. I still feel though there is a lot of potential within the show and have become such a big fan of Nicole that I would want to see Sleepy Hollow remain on the air. It might reach the point where the writers do enough damage to change my mind, but for now I am still holding out hope that things will turn around. 

I am just thankful this show is on Fox where a 1.5 demo rating is their second highest in terms of dramas. I would be very surprised if it got canceled.  

I'm not sure yet re: cancelation - but I did want to mention one scene from this season that sums up the batsh!t craziness the show used to be.

That moment when Hawley first saw the Pied Piper demon? And he went, "Aw Dayum!" --> THAT. That awesome moment of "Holy crap this ish is really happening and wtf?!?"

I still laugh my behind off at the thought of it.

It reminds me of last season when the cops told Headless to put his hands on his ...

Soooooo funny and irreverent, lol.

One of the things the show has lost while it is drowning in the CFD is the element of contrast. Last year and early this year, the show had a perfect balance showing Ichabod against the modern world (and him ALONE in it). We got to react to him through the eyes of Abbie. In addition, whenever a regular Sleepy Hollower got to react to the Apocalyptic crazy happening in Sleepy Hollow, THAT reaction was always funny.

I thought shirtless headless was a great example of that.

The first 2 eppies of this season managed to hold onto that magic - but since then, it's all gone downhill.

I still think the first episode of this season were written by the show creators and the new writers didn't have as much to do with those - even if credits say otherwise. The tone is/was just different.

If they are given a chance with a 3rd season, I want them to go back to 13 episodes, cut the fat out and have the original showrunners back into the mix. With the new Star Trek in the works and their being execs for Scorpion, a small season is the only way to have them more available for involvement. I want the creative process to be the same as S1, with a fully fleshed out plan from the beginning. This season so far seems to have suffered from a lot of indecision and uncertainty with how to go about certain characters. It was a lot more entrancing when the pace was super fast and I was a ball of "holy****" reactions. Just re-watching multiple times to get all the layers of the story and performances.

• Love 2

I said this in a different thread but I really want them to tie in more with the biblical depiction of Revelations. I want to see evidence that the rest of the town is experiencing signs of the end of days. I want to see plagues ,locusts rivers turning to blood..etc. If they want to literally have a whore riding a beast with 666 on it's head I'll take that too-- it wouldn't be any more ridiculous than some of the plots we've had so far.

I would love to see some actual angels-- or even just one- come in and help our Witnesses. It would add to the epicness of the battle against good and evil.

As for our characters I want Crane and Abbie to continue their platonic partnership. I want Irving restored as police chief and Jenny back at Team Witness headquarters strategizing again. I want Hawley to stick around to badger Crane. I like their rapport and the signs of a bromance we saw in the Heartless episode. I want Katrina to die so Crane --- and the viewers -- can be free of her soul-sucking presence.

• Love 1

If they are given a chance with a 3rd season, I want them to go back to 13 episodes, cut the fat out and have the original showrunners back into the mix. With the new Star Trek in the works and their being execs for Scorpion, a small season is the only way to have them more available for involvement. I want the creative process to be the same as S1, with a fully fleshed out plan from the beginning. This season so far seems to have suffered from a lot of indecision and uncertainty with how to go about certain characters. It was a lot more entrancing when the pace was super fast and I was a ball of "holy****" reactions. Just re-watching multiple times to get all the layers of the story and performances.

I really think they ought to have a "fully fleshed out plan" for the whole show's run. They should assume a 5 year series and have an outline of the whole major plot line and work with that. I think it would make the whole show tighter and more compelling with building tension as the end-game approaches. The premise of the show--fighting the Apocalypse--isn't something that can continue year after year in an open-ended fashion. 

I really think there needs to be a "summit" in the near future with the major players on Team Witness presenting their research--and that research process could actually be interesting if they get out of Sleepy Hollow---and finally Ichie or preferably Abbie, presenting the plan to stop the Apocalypse. This can't be easy and it can't be simple and there will be set-backs and false trails along the way, but knowing what the plan is, what the Team's strategy is and seeing their successes and set-backs would make the show more compelling than dealing with Henry's weekly monsters then going out for a beer.

Edited by RiddleyWalker
  • Love 1

I said this in a different thread but I really want them to tie in more with the biblical depiction of Revelations. I want to see evidence that the rest of the town is experiencing signs of the end of days. I want to see plagues ,locusts rivers turning to blood..etc. If they want to literally have a whore riding a beast with 666 on it's head I'll take that too-- it wouldn't be any more ridiculous than some of the plots we've had so far.

I would love to see some actual angels-- or even just one- come in and help our Witnesses. It would add to the epicness of the battle against good and evil.

As for our characters I want Crane and Abbie to continue their platonic partnership. I want Irving restored as police chief and Jenny back at Team Witness headquarters strategizing again. I want Hawley to stick around to badger Crane. I like their rapport and the signs of a bromance we saw in the Heartless episode. I want Katrina to die so Crane --- and the viewers -- can be free of her soul-sucking presence.

I like this a lot, SavingGrace! More "epicness" would be much appreciated… I , however, would be happy to see Ichabod and Abbie eventually develop a romantic relationship (if his character can be redeemed in fans minds at this point.)   I wouldn't mind Irving becoming the new Horseman of War--especially if Henry is somehow redeemed and a (somewhat treacherous) member of the team).  I do think Katrina needs to die. Even if she was the most interesting and evil character (maybe the whore on the beast?), Ichabod would still think her redeemable and become the brainless Ichabod we've come to know and hate when he thinks of her or is with her.

I like this a lot, SavingGrace  I do think Katrina needs to die. Even if she was the most interesting and evil character (maybe the whore on the beast?), Ichabod would still think her redeemable and become the brainless Ichabod we've come to know and hate when he thinks of her or is with her.

Actually that would be awesome-- and salvage her character for me-- if Katrina turned out to be the "whore".

Simple: make Headless . . . headless again.

The Abraham back-story transformed the character from an awesome badass to a pathetic fop. It also opened the door to Katrina as damsel in distress, and other annoying Crane Family Drama. So, kill off his soul -- or redeem his soul, whatever -- but leave the Headless body behind.

• Love 2

Hey Everyone. Just a reminder that this thread is intended to discuss what we would like to see, if the show (hopefully) gets a season 3. THIS thread - is to discuss the differences between the seasons, which of course also includes what went wrong overall. Please continue the discussion over there, SVP, especially since media themselves are discussing the same things this week. Most appreciated.

• Love 1

I just want to point out that the Whore of Babylon mentioned in Revelations has traditionally been portrayed as having red hair....

Or maybe that's a different Whore? Either way, there's some kind of biblical Whore who is usually depicted as red-haired.

• Love 1

Covens. Full on witchy war. That would be cool, fun, I want to hear some incantations and some Expelliarmus... I know, I'm bored and my inner geek is unleashed. I just want to see the epic-ness of the fight escalate.  

Also (I'm sorry to repeat this, you can tune me out if you want) I think 13 episodes was a good place to be. As apparently, when this team has spare time, they go to the bitchy whiny forlorn place. I'd rather they keep the momentum going.

I hope they'll be a Season 3 but I'm not sure.  What I would like to see though...

-13 episodes.  13 was the perfect number.  It didn't drag out the storylines or expose how badly the ratings had fallen off.

-Whether she lives or dies, it's time for the Katrina stuff to be resolved.  No more of her as the worst spy in the world or being a weak witch.  Also, it's time for Crane's rose-colored view of Katrina to be shattered for good.  It's not doing him any favors.

-For Henry not to be behind EVERY SINGLE PLOT on the show.

-Enough with the endless redemption talk.

-For the people of Sleepy Hollow to be developed.  Has anyone else in this town noticed what's been going on?  The last episode only featured the show's seven main characters (which worked there) but exposed just how empty the town of Sleepy Hollow is.  It's like a Hunger Game arena with no tributes but a bunch of different creatures.  Let's introduce some townspeople and avoid killing them off in the same episde *cough* Miss Caroline and the Masons *cough*

Katrina dead

Henry dead

Headless permanently de-headed

I was thinking of starting this thread, then found that I had started it months ago!!!

Now that we HAVE a season 3, and we know who's dead and also with a new showrunner, hints of what may change, what do you guys want to see?

Since the wife is dead (YEAH!!) and Henry is dead (YEAH!) and the core four are alive, this is what I want to see:

- A time jump. This will allow Crane to mourn for the wife and Henry OFF SCREEN gets closure and moves on. No more of Crane being all moody over it. Hell, even Tom Mison said he was bored with it. However, he did say he would be interested in exploring a little of the after effect on Crane, so that would be okay. But the mourning needs to be over with.

- Jenny and Crane spending more time together and bonding. They have so few scenes, and they bounce off each other well, so this needs to happen.

- Crane and Abbie on a plane, and in a different city. It would be cool if they went to London, actually.

- Irving gets his job as Captain back. More Irving and Crane interactions.

- More of Abbie's personal life, down time, regular stuff that happens when she is not fighting demons.

- Of course Abbie and Crane growing closer, (regardless of shippyness). They are the core of the show.

- No mention, flashbacks, thoughts, anything of the wife. That's how bitter and hateful I am right now.

- The show to be more gritty. I love the humour and fun parts, don't get me wrong, but there should be a bit more darkness with the show, which I think the new showrunner might go there.

• Love 3

- The show to be more gritty. I love the humour and fun parts, don't get me wrong, but there should be a bit more darkness with the show, which I think the new showrunner might go there.

I agree with all you've said, @Halcyon days.  (Though they need to be careful  about expanding on Abbie's personal life.)  I'm not interested in the MFD, nor do I think many other viewers are.

I'm most interested in the bit I quoted regarding making "the show more gritty". This is something I think I agree with but I think it's worth expanding upon. What do you mean by that and how would you see SH fulfilling that? I'm curious and excited by this idea, to be honest.

Edited by RiddleyWalker

HalcyonDays, re your comments;

- A time jump. This will allow Crane to mourn for the wife and Henry OFF SCREEN gets closure and moves on.

Lord, YES!

- Jenny and Crane spending more time together and bonding. They have so few scenes, and they bounce off each other well, so this needs to happen.

YES!

- More of Abbie's personal life, down time, regular stuff that happens when she is not fighting demons.

I want to see Abbie have a social life, and go on DATES -- the woman deserves it.

- Of course Abbie and Crane growing closer, (regardless of shippyness). They are the core of the show.

Yes, yes, YES!!! 

- No mention, flashbacks, thoughts, anything of the wife. That's how bitter and hateful I am right now.

Yes

Sorry, but I say NO to this. I think it's just fine, and doesn't need to be "darker".

I like the balance of S1 with some pretty good tension and scare done with small unexpected moments of humor.

Granted, I am a major scaredy cat, but S1 I could not watch on the regular airing because I'd be watching by myself. Had to wait until it was On Demand so I could watch during the daytime.

S2 was overshadowed by the CFD and all Katrina all the time.

I agree with all you've said, @Halcyon days.  (Though they need to be careful  about expanding on Abbie's personal life.)  I'm not interested in the MFD, nor do I think many other viewers are.

I'm most interested in the bit I quoted regarding making "the show more gritty". This is something I think I agree with but I think it's worth expanding upon. What do you mean by that and how would you see SH fulfilling that? I'm curious and excited by this idea, to be honest.

Sorry, but I say NO to this. I think it's just fine, and doesn't need to be "darker".

By gritty and darker, I mean things both emotional and physical dark. For example, the entire season 2, Abbie should have laid into Crane and YELLED at him  - just once at least, or gotten really angry at him or even thrown a book at him in frustration. Crane should have been more angry at the wife, and they should have had a major back and forth fight, not what simmered and then was abandoned all season (CFD).

When they are running through the forests and backwoods areas, they should be getting covered in mud and leaves and rain. They clothes should get periodcally ripped. When they fight a demon, they should rightly get slashed or bruised or get blood over them or have to wear a sling or go limping around from their ordeal. Both should have been seen collapsing into a shower, because they were covered in mud and leaves, or passing out in bed at home, exhausted from their ordeals and battle of the day.

But we don't get any of that. We never saw the impact on Abbie, of her time in purgatory, after she was out. The impact on the wife who had been in there the entire time. Crane, very slightly but it's all glossed over. No one was even slightly bloodied. Same with the scariness. For, the only time I jumped was the pilot, at the end with the mirror. THAT was cool. Most of it is tamed over in terms of the real threats, so that's how I want to see the show go - more consequences, after affects of what they do, but keep the lighthearted humour and quirkiness. Hope that makes sense.

• Love 1

I'd go along with that as long as there are no major injuries.  (You know how I'd feel about Abbe's clothes getting ripped!)

When most shows get "gritty and dark", it means lots of deaths, and morally questionable behavior (Batman has always been "darker" than Superman, for instance).  That's something I don't want to see.

I'd go along with that as long as there are no major injuries.  (You know how I'd feel about Abbe's clothes getting ripped!)

When most shows get "gritty and dark", it means lots of deaths, and morally questionable behavior (Batman has always been "darker" than Superman, for instance).  That's something I don't want to see.

Well, I guess we'll agree to disagree. Season two, a lot of secondary, quickly reintroduced characters died, so that is nothing new for the show. Major deaths, well, we've had the two more coveted oned come to pass, and the core four aren't going anywhere, and Frank's already died, so that's off the table until series end. Jenny too, because they can't tease another "death' only to have her survive and they won't kill her off season three, unless it's a series end thing.

As for morally questionable behaviour - well, Crane's done some very questionable stuff this season, all to do with the wife. But there are other things out there that could entice them, like with Abbie and one person/vs greater good but that's again already been done. That was part season 1 and all of season 2 again with the useless wife, so that's off the table too for the most part.

So we are left with other things that could be a bit more "dark" and "gritty", as I mentioned above. It could be PTSD that both Crane and Abbie experience (and Crane should of all people), It could be something as stupid as Crane gets made fun of for his Rev clothes, and fisticuffs ensue, because that is something that is more realistic in life than spending 48 hours fighting demons, whilst the person is none the worse.

It all depends on how the new showrunner is going to roll.

It all depends on how the new showrunner is going to roll.

Indeed it does.

I just thought of two things -- definitely not gritty: 1) Ich and Abbie have to deal with a group of 20-somethings, and they and Ich can't understand each other at all; or they wind up amongst the Amish and Ich says "My peeps!"

Edited by jhlipton

This came to me while writing in the relationship thread. The writers are too far up Ichabod's arse to notice but I at least hope some critics not only realise that Abbie is being used as a prop and that it's not ok and actually doesn't bring anything to the show but communicate that to the writers. Her being her own person would make the show twice as good because there would be twice as much to care about. And if this is about Crane wanting to respect her boundaries, how about Jenny? Jenny is not afraid to corner Abbie and get her to fess up. And everyone loves Jenny too. I just see zero disadvantage in that set up, whereas the present one at least makes Abbie fans like myself disgruntled and lowers the quality of the show because one of its leads is not given a proper point of view. People are speaking for her or talking over her a lot this season. Her fear and anxiety is explained by Pandora, her ambition and desire to be an agent by Reynolds. Heck, most of the father stuff was more about Abbie thinking about Jenny's reaction than anything else. It's in character and is beautiful but yet another thing that when you analyse, you realise that her feelings are secondary. She doesn't visit her father because she doesn't want to hurt his family and Jenny endorses it. Not because she is satisfied with things as they are.

At the very least, even if the writers don't want or know how to have her express her feelings through her own mouth, her interacting with different people would at least diversify the faces we are shown of her.

Edited by fantique
  • Love 3