Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: DC Duggars Hit the Road

Josh and Anna head to Chicago with their 3 little ones, RV-style, to visit Anna's sister Priscilla and her husband David for a special party; on their way, they'll visit a series of quirky stops, but will RV issues may put a damper in their trip.

So now Duggars 2.0 get an episode for a road trip? Sounds like time for a nap.

But her kids are so cute aaaaannnnnnnddddd if Anna can cut down on the aaaaannnnnnnndddddds it will be easier to watch.  And of course we get to see them eating healthy on the road..NOT!  LOL 

• Love 3

I can never hear the word RV (ahn Arrrrr-Veee) without thinking of Randy Quaid as country Cousin Eddie and his ditzy wife Catherine in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It works so well as a Duggar parody. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 10

But her kids are so cute aaaaannnnnnnddddd if Anna can cut down on the aaaaannnnnnnndddddds it will be easier to watch.  And of course we get to see them eating healthy on the road..NOT!  LOL 

NOT indeed...

A sneak peek video shows that Josh and his family stopped off at an amusement park on the way.  Josh said he was worried about motion sickness, but the kids didn’t get motion sickness–he did.  “After a little while, Josh was like ‘okay, I’m not feeling too well, let’s go do something else,’” Anna said.  They went to look for bizarre food, and Josh got a doughnut burger.  “If you’re going to consume a hamburger and eat that many calories, why not put a doughnut on top of it?” Josh said, smiling.

http://m.theepochtimes.com/n3/1074551-duggars-19-kids-and-counting-spoilers-josh-and-anna-head-to-chicago-stop-in-richmond/

The Pal-Item also revealed that Josh’s family stopped in Richmond, Virginia on the way to Chicago.  Richmond Furniture Gallery co-owner Roger Richert, who wasn’t allowed to discuss the trip until this week, said that TLC producers contacted him and then the family rolled through.

“It was quite fun to watch,” he said. “It was cool to even have them want to stop.” Richert, who said the young children climbed all over the furniture, isn’t sure if the store will be part of the episode.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1

NOT indeed...

A sneak peek video shows that Josh and his family stopped off at an amusement park on the way.  Josh said he was worried about motion sickness, but the kids didn’t get motion sickness–he did.  “After a little while, Josh was like ‘okay, I’m not feeling too well, let’s go do something else,’” Anna said.  They went to look for bizarre food, and Josh got a doughnut burger.  “If you’re going to consume a hamburger and eat that many calories, why not put a doughnut on top of it?” Josh said, smiling.

http://m.theepochtimes.com/n3/1074551-duggars-19-kids-and-counting-spoilers-josh-and-anna-head-to-chicago-stop-in-richmond/

The Pal-Item also revealed that Josh’s family stopped in Richmond, Virginia on the way to Chicago.  Richmond Furniture Gallery co-owner Roger Richert, who wasn’t allowed to discuss the trip until this week, said that TLC producers contacted him and then the family rolled through.

“It was quite fun to watch,” he said. “It was cool to even have them want to stop.” Richert, who said the young children climbed all over the furniture, isn’t sure if the store will be part of the episode.

That is seriously gross.  Okay, I can see if you want to splurge and have a burger- but why on earth on a donut.  I feel sick.  I can't believe Anna tasted it!  YUCK!

Where is the trainer when we need him???

• Love 1

So ridiculous. This is how it should've been written.

Josh and Anna head to Chicago with their 3 little ones, RV-style, to visit Anna's sister Priscilla and her husband David for a special party. On the way, they'll visit a series of quirky stops, but will RV issues put a damper on their trip?

• Love 4

With all the Duggar reruns TLC has been running this week, and now this silly vacation episode? I don't think it's the right time to run these. They easily could have filled their vacated space with "the Jessa and Ben story" and catch up to date. I would rather have seen that than these. This episode could have been shown down the line, even though I'd have to wait until I got to see DAVID....

• Love 2

I've been scouring social media for the Waller baby gender reveal! I figured they held off because Smuganna attended the party when they were in Chicago back in August or thereabouts.

@Ljohnson1987, where did you hear/read this?

I've been scouring social media for the Waller baby gender reveal! I figured they held off because Smuganna attended the party when they were in Chicago back in August or thereabouts.

@Ljohnson1987, where did you hear/read this?

Duggars Pickles and Hairspray Facebook page. Apparently in a  video, Pris slipped, and said she. 

No, she cuts of "children" at "ch" and changes it to just Paul. They did a good job keeping that under wraps; I guess there was a check in it for them.

• Love 1

Josh looks way older than a guy in his twenties. So does Anna, yikes.

I agree with you about Josh, but I think Anna looks pretty good. She looks like a woman who had three babies in pretty quick succession. I thought she looked pretty great in the picture from Jessa's wedding.

I admit I'm totally jealous they got to have an old timey picture done at Gettysburg. That would be SO cool to do!

• Love 3

I agree with you about Josh, but I think Anna looks pretty good. She looks like a woman who had three babies in pretty quick succession. I thought she looked pretty great in the picture from Jessa's wedding.

I admit I'm totally jealous they got to have an old timey picture done at Gettysburg. That would be SO cool to do!

Well, that might be my bad. I keep comparing Anna to Jana, I know it's wrong, but I can't help it.

I'm glad they're doing fun things on the trip, the picture actually looked cute.

• Love 1

Jana was with them on this trip. I guess it messes up the script of "family trip" to show the unpaid sister-nanny; it might cast a pall on Anna's ability to take care of the three kids she has (with the obvious "fever" to have more).

I hate it when TLC fucks up real life in favor of a script that will be believed as gospel by the leghumpers. *le sigh*

• Love 5

Speaking of grammar, Josh and Anna repeatedly said things were "doing good" when they meant " doing well." yay SODRT! This error really drives me nuts.

I noted that the visiting car mechanic said "doing well" even when Josh said "doing good" right before.

• Love 6

Exactly, when she came out of the kitchen with the chicken she "helped" the chef fry (Which I couldn't stand that her hair was just flying free instead of pulled back) but she definitely had a waddle & it looked like she was showing a little.

• Love 1
Jana was with them on this trip. I guess it messes up the script of "family trip" to show the unpaid sister-nanny; it might cast a pall on Anna's ability to take care of the three kids she has (with the obvious "fever" to have more).

I thought I caught a few times when the kids were on the carnival rides that Marcus was missing.  Anna was shown without him or his stroller.  I figured Jana must have been watching him, but I didn't see her on film.  She probably drove separate in the SUV.

Ugh!!!  the use of the word good instead of using well drives me crazy!!!

Trying to show Anna can handle her three kids by pretending Jana did not go with the family. Keep it klassy!

Going to a farm where cows give birth. Anna saying cows could give classes on how to give birth. *snort*

Josh is an expert on vehicle repairs since he worked for six years at his car lot. *snort number two*

Does Smugs and the Smugettes really understand the true meaning behind the Civil War.

Next week Josh and David will be together. How sweet, awesome, and a blessing this will be.

Jana was on the trip?! Where the hell were they stashing her? In one of the storage compartments in the RV? Jana really better learn to put on her bitch panties soon. Not only is she getting shafted in the marriage department, now the family doesn't want her shown on camera like she's that freaking guy from the Goonies they kept chained in the basement. 

That's like all the celebrities who tote their kids through the airport for the photo op and make their nannies stand off to the side so people won't know who does the real work in the family. Poor Jana.

• Love 8

Looking forward to the Smugs/TFDW fellowshippin'!

I'd love to hear Professor Smug's lecture on Gettysburg and the Civil War. I'm guessing it's probably a little short on truth.

As much as Josh annnddd Anna can get on my nerves, I did appreciate a break from Mechelle's "season of life" speeches and Boob's preoccupation with his daughters' sex lives.

• Love 6

So Anna says lots about how they (the adults) are outnumbered on this trip when Jana is along. And it's pretty obvious people would find out. Odd thing to do. 

They posted TONS of pictures of their trip on Instagram, especially at the State Fair (Indiana, IIRC, it's been a few months), plus more when they hit the Wallers'. They totally left CinderJana on the cutting room floor.

• Love 1

Ugh!!!  the use of the word good instead of using well drives me crazy!!!

Trying to show Anna can handle her three kids by pretending Jana did not go with the family. Keep it klassy!

Going to a farm where cows give birth. Anna saying cows could give classes on how to give birth. *snort*

Josh is an expert on vehicle repairs since he worked for six years at his car lot. *snort number two*

Does Smugs and the Smugettes really understand the true meaning behind the Civil War.

Next week Josh and David will be together. How sweet, awesome, and a blessing this will be.

Maybe Anna will give birth in straw next time instead of a toilet.

• Love 9

Was that ketchup? On salmon?

I didn't watch the episode but here in KY we make salmon patties using canned salmon (I don't know if that's just a southern thing or not). Anyway, I've seen lots of folks put ketchup on their salmon patties, myself included.

• Love 6

It's boring as all get out on this road trip. The kids are cute, but not that exciting. Very reminded of my fundie lite friends. If Jana really was on that trip, then it's the same as my fundie lite friends always giving the mother a lot of help without giving any credit to her sister helpers. That being said it's probably easier and better to be Jana than Anna (being eternally pregnant and stuck with someone like Josh), even with all the help from family and friends. 

Another similarity to my fundie lite friends is the "road trips are easy we only need to make a few stops" mentality. I know someone who got a blood clot in their leg at young age, and the doctor said driving long distances without break was a contributing cause. It's best to take breaks even when it seems dumb and especially for someone like Josh who seems to be worried about his health at young age. (although they do have an RV which probably allows them to travel and switch drivers and walk around especially if Jana is there.)

It's hard to eat healthy on the road, but even a lot of fast food places offer salad. Couldn't one of the sisters lend them a gift card?

Finally Gettysburg managed not to talk about death and destruction.  I don't know if it's TLC or the way the site is set up or if that's the vacation package offered for little children, but I would liked to see a little more of honoring of those who died and served versus just the canons and things were different than the old days.

Also You would have to pay me to eat the doughnut burger. Ew!

• Love 2