Type keyword(s) to search

Blue Bloods in the Media

Artsda
  • Start Topic

On 4/2/2020 at 10:25 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Nick Cordero, who played Danny's nemesis, Victor Lugo, is unconscious in intensive care, likely from COVID-19.

He's apparently also lost his leg, too, as a result of the virus, so it sounds like he's got full-blown sepsis. I read an interview with Zach Braff this morning and it turns out Nick, his wife, and their new baby were staying with Zach (now just the wife and baby) while looking for a home in SoCal. What a horrible tragedy. People need to understand that this disease is not just attacking and killing older people. In fact, I read somewhere that only one of every four who are actively infected are over 60. But, I have never heard of it making someone as sick as it is Nick Cordero. I hope he pulls through. 🙏

In several interviews, Tom said he's currently negotiating (again) to get a 2 season renewal instead of one.  Normally formal renewals would be issued by mid May but with this crisis and the recent Viacom merger, who knows?

And continued prayers for Nick, Amanda and their baby.  This story is just heart breaking. 

It has been given the green light to return to filming with a possible November air date. https://deadline.com/2020/09/blue-bloods-seal-team-charmed-latest-cbs-tv-studios-series-greenlit-restart-productionevil-pending-nancy-drew-diary-of-a-female-president-blood-and-treasure-1234571273/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

edit: tentative production start date is October 5.

Edited by mtlchick
More info

Amy Carlson debuts in a recurring role on FBI Most Wanted.  She was asked about her time on Blue Bloods.  

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/videos/amy-carlson-on-fbi-most-wanted-debut-tonight2/

Digest: BLUE BLOODS is on TV all the time. What it is like to turn on the TV any day of the week and there you are?

Carlson: I feel really proud of the work that I did on BLUE BLOODS and I was there on the pilot and every episode until I wasn’t. And I’m proud of the contribution that I made. I always wanted to do more, but there was not that impulse on their side, so after enough time, I got the message that that was how they saw the role and that was the only way they wanted to see the role, and anybody who knows me knows I like adventure and I like to be challenged and it wasn’t going to happen there, sadly. I didn’t think they were going to kill her! But I’m really proud of the work that I did on that show. When I first went on that show, I felt such incredible opportunity, which is probably why it was disappointing to me [to have a limited role]. I looked at these two characters, Danny and Linda, and I thought to myself, “This is a great opportunity to tell an incredible marriage story on this show.” So, that was the idea I had in my head, and every chance I got, even when I had the two lines at dinner, I tried to fill that story with just the meal scraps on the table. But I think it was successful. People tell me, “I loved that couple,” and that makes me very proud. 

• Love 1

Linda was living in reality

....unfortunately the neanderthal family she married into would/will never in a million years acknowledge that any woman maybe, just maybe, might have a point.

I have cringed and railed at all the abuse the Erin(especially) and Linda characters have had to endure AND forgive while the Henry and Danny characters have stomped them time and again. And I can't recall any male on the show, ever, changing their behavior because they actually realized they/the males (HORRORS!) were in the wrong.

Today, I am watching the horrible episode where henry is mentoring an abusive non-custodial husband who just kidnapped his kid from school, who, OF COURSE, ends up at a fight-where-a-hockey-game-breaks-out with danny who jointly with henry decides that all is well, mom-is-an-unimportant-POS-and-/abusive-violent-dad gets to enjoy the game with kidnapped kid while someone or other makes a phone call to the inconsequential/unimportant female parent and all will be well.

Just NO.

I can't decide which I hate more - Henry or Danny.

I have become so disillusioned from any hope of females being shown  ANY respect on this show (with the occasional exception of Edie, who, I suspect is there for just this purpose) that I haven't even bothered with watching the last few couple of seasons first run.

I guess I am finally done with  anything having to do with this show - current season or rerun  - they are just too offensive to my sense of females as actual human beings, with rights and all that stuff, being trivialized and trashed.

Enough

Really

I loved Hill Street Blues,  and, particularly NYPD BLue - cop shows are a thing I have always liked - but this one, it just goes much to far beyond the pale of misogyny.

Edited by becauseIsaidso
What I forgot to say
  • Love 1
On 12/18/2020 at 4:24 PM, Magnumfangirl said:

I wonder what she thought they would do?  They really didn't have much choice about how to write her off the show.

I agree.  The only other option would have been having Linda and Danny separate or divorce and that goes against the relationship they've displayed from the beginning.  If Amy Carlson wanted to leave, killing the character was the only option.

Regarding the renewal, I wonder how much longer Selleck wants to be doing this given his health stuff and how much he has slowed down. Of course, his character could retire and the younger generations would be fully front and center. But then, how many of the older viewers would still watch without Selleck?

• Love 1

They could put Selleck on a reduced pitch count, appear in fewer episodes. Maybe this would finally allow them to focus on only two storylines per week instead of three or four.

Edited by Msample
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Regarding the renewal, I wonder how much longer Selleck wants to be doing this given his health stuff and how much he has slowed down. Of course, his character could retire and the younger generations would be fully front and center. But then, how many of the older viewers would still watch without Selleck?

I heard (cannot verify) that Selleck wanted a two year contract last year but was offered only one year.  The renewal gives him that 2nd year.  For at least the past three seasons, I've been predicting it was the last and I've been wrong year after year.  That said, I don't think I'm wrong this time.  Sadly, Season 12 will likely be the last.

Edited by AnnA
13 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I heard (cannot verify) that Selleck wanted a two year contract last year but was offered only one year.  The renewal gives him that 2nd year.  For at least the past three seasons, I've been predicting it was the last and I've been wrong year after year.  That said, I don't think I'm wrong this time.  Sadly, Season 12 will likely be the last.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it only lasts another season or 2. Its 18-49 ratings have really fallen in the last couple of seasons, though the viewer numbers are still decent against the competition

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

That request was for season 10 and 11, which he didn’t get. He had to push that Blue Bloods got its own separate announcement for the season 10 renewal which included their 200th episode.

overall, not surprised it got renewed, because of what got the axe instead. 

Selleck only works 4 days an episode and it’s the last 4 days of one episode and the first 4 days of the next one, so it’s pretty reduced as it is. And yeah, he’s moving slower, but so long he feels he can do it, why not? I don’t see people complaining about Ed Asner showing up in Cobra Kai.  

The 18-49 demo is down for everyone across the board in live viewing. It does ok in that metric for dvr playback but normally is in the top 5 when overall viewers are counted and is still a big international seller. 

That said, I do wonder if it will get 22 episodes or less than that and by how much.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2021 at 6:37 PM, mtlchick said:

I don’t see people complaining about Ed Asner showing up in Cobra Kai.  

To be fair, Asner isn't in every episode of CK, while Selleck is in every episode of Bluebloods.  

On 4/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, AnnA said:

That said, I don't think I'm wrong this time.  Sadly, Season 12 will likely be the last.

I'd be fine with that.  The show is still entertaining on some level but even good shows should end much sooner than 12 seasons.  I just hope it goes out on a good note.

• Love 2
On 2/7/2022 at 9:10 AM, DanaK said:

In the article itself, it is mentioned that Joe Hill (Will Hochman) returns for the third time this season, this time working with Erin Reagan. So the producers really are trying to get Joe in as they can (3 of the first 13 episodes is a good percentage)

• Love 1

I was told by someone from the crew that they are only doing 20 episodes this season and they will end filming late match instead of mid April this season. No reason given but I’m assuming COVID costs were a factor. 

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I was told by someone from the crew that they are only doing 20 episodes this season and they will end filming late match instead of mid April this season. No reason given but I’m assuming COVID costs were a factor. 

Makes sense if true. A lot of shows this season have less than their usual amount of episodes due to Covid protocols and thus quite a few are ending their seasons earlier than usual

(edited)

Selleck was on Kelly Clarkson this week, though I think it aired originally in April.  I didn’t see the entire segment, but he looked noticeably uncomfortable walking out onto the stage.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Blue Bloods Boss Talks 'Upside-Down World' the Reagans Now Police, Says 'Nobody Is Tuning In to Be Lectured'

Kevin Wade the showrunner:

“Nobody is tuning in on Friday night at 10 o’clock to be taught a lesson or lectured on what the right point of view is. So when we try to address issues that have two very vocal sides to them, we try to build a soap box of equal dimensions for the, let’s call it, ‘antagonistic’ point of view.”

🙄🙄🙄

• Mind Blown 1

‘Blue Bloods‘, ’S.W.A.T.’ & ‘East New York’ Did Not Get Early Renewals By CBS – Here Is Why

There had been rumblings that the cuts CBS had been pushing for on Blue Bloods were pretty deep, putting the show’s future in limbo, but, after weeks of impasse, I hear negotiations are trending in the right direction and the network is hopeful to have the show back for Season 14.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

‘Blue Bloods‘, ’S.W.A.T.’ & ‘East New York’ Did Not Get Early Renewals By CBS – Here Is Why

There had been rumblings that the cuts CBS had been pushing for on Blue Bloods were pretty deep, putting the show’s future in limbo, but, after weeks of impasse, I hear negotiations are trending in the right direction and the network is hopeful to have the show back for Season 14.

It doesn't surprise me CBS was asking for major budget cuts; 13 seasons is a pretty long time and costs are likely going up since the cast is likely on shorter term contracts after their initial one expired

• Like 1