Type keyword(s) to search

Blue Bloods in the Media

Artsda
  • Start Topic

She never fled the country, those gossip reports were rebunked instantly. She was in Manhattan the entire time. She even posted video of herself in Manhattan and posted it. lol

I am surprised CBS rehired her as a contract player again. It didn't appear amicable with the Blue Bloods departure.

I am surprised CBS rehired her as a contract player again. It didn't appear amicable with the Blue Bloods departure.

That was my first thought: "Wow.  I guess CBS decided she was no more persona non grata." I know some people that worked at the Blue Bloods set at the time.  One of them said flat out that whatever you heard in the press was only a fraction of what was really going on. 

• Love 1

Lorraine Bracco has booked a recurring role that will kick off in the season 8 premiere on Sept. 29. The Sopranos and Rizzoli & Isles alum will play Mayor Margaret Dutton, who was serving as Public Advocate. Per the City’s Charter line of succession, she was sworn in as Mayor following the resignation of Mayor Poole. She has long been at the head tables in the social, cultural and philanthropic circles in the city and is working to make New York a better place for all (armed with her power, influence and inherited money). But as Mayor, she has to deal with the one man who is immune to that influence, and who enjoys his own hard-won place at the table — Police Commissioner Frank Reagan.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Game of Thrones, Blue Bloods, NCIS: LA and more

110660_1851b.jpg  110660_0158b.jpg

When Blue Bloods begins its new season this fall, one member of the Reagan family will have retirement on their mind as another deals with new change at work.

As Season 7 of Blue Bloods came to a close, the lives of Danny and his family were put at risk when the cartel sought to make a message for the role Danny played in the NYPD’s joint efforts to put a stop to their dealings in the city by seizing million of dollars in a raid. Because watching your home go up and flames as a message from the cartel is definitely a serious eye-opener, it’s completely understandable that when Season 8 begins this fall Danny will find himself flirting with the idea of handing in his gun and badge.

While Danny plays with the idea of retiring, Erin enlists his help in working a case for her which involved her ex-husband Jack which gives Danny the shot in the arm he needs to realize the difference he’s able to make through his work on the force.

Elsewhere in the premiere, Frank must adjust to working with the city’s new major following the retirement of Mayor Carter Poole. Unfortunately, Frank and mayor Margaret Dutton (guest star Lorraine Bracco) get off on the wrong foot and immediately butt heads.

Blue Bloods Spoilers: Which member of the Reagan is flirting with retirement in the S8 premiere?

Blue Bloods is back on Friday and ready to kick off its eighth season, but after that tumultuous season finale, will we be reunited with the same ol’ hotheaded Danny Reagan (Donnie Wahlberg) this time around?

After a drug cartel burned down his family home in the final episode of season 7, NYPD detective Danny is reconsidering his impetuous ways. “He’s looking at life through a different lens,” says the show’s executive producer Kevin Wade. “There’s an element of circumspection and a bit of introspection as he considers the residual collateral damage. This story line has been a new well we’ve found in the backyard and now we get to discover new sides to Danny’s character.” Wahlberg agrees: “Danny’s realizing this major shift in his life.”

Blue Bloods: Will Danny change his ways after last season’s explosive finale?

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

The cast was at Paley Fest last night and they finally addressed Amy's departure.  It seems that no one was aware she was planning to leave.  

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/17/blue-bloods-cast-reacts-amy-carlson-exit/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_entertainmentweekly

Thanks for posting, mtlchick. I see Donnie's friendship with Amy in how he chose his words. Moynahan's comments are quite illuminating.   

The full interview:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/amy-carlson-blue-bloods-exit-fans-reaction-return-donnie-wahlberg-1202202130/

For a show that's doing solid numbers on a Friday night but isn't buzzworthy at all, the fact that the original post mortem generated over a million hits to the site says a lot about what she meant to the show.  That said, I feel she's choosing her words carefully so she doesn't burn any bridges like Jennifer Esposito did. 

Going to tag this as a spoiler.

Spoiler

If you click on the link and read the comments you can see she and Robert Clohessy (Sid) say someone died and is no longer on the show.  Some are taking bets that it may be the end of Jamko.  Oh no.  Whatever shall I do? (throws confetti.) Whoever it is, I don't be as bad as Amy's exit. 

CBS has released details about the air date and plot of the season finale -

Spoiler

FRIDAY, MAY 11

BLUE BLOODS (10:00-11:00 PM)

“My Aim is True” – When a series of drive-by murders occur after six wrongly convicted men are released from prison, Danny (Donnie Wahlberg) and Baez (Marisa Ramirez) wonder if they were orchestrated by the men as an act of revenge. Also, Frank (Tom Selleck) combats the guilt he feels about these innocent men unfairly serving nine years in prison, and Jamie (Will Estes) and Eddie (Vanessa Ray) find themselves in a life-threatening situation. 8th season finale.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, wknt3 said:

CBS has released details about the air date and plot of the season finale -

That description actually sounds pretty good.  I haven't been particularly overwhelmed by this season.  Would be nice to end it on a high note.

Tom Selleck has resigned from the board of directors of the NRA.  https://www.thetrace.org/2018/09/tom-selleck-quits-nra-board/  Why is this news?  God knows.  But I had to chuckle it was partially due to his "work schedule" at Blue Bloods.  Out of 8 shooting days of one episode, the maximum he works is 4 and he normally shoots the last 4 days of one episode shooting schedule and the first 4 days of the following one before he goes back to California.  

So has CBS ever said if they will do one extra episode this season?  If they do 23 episodes they will reach the 200 episode mark. I can see where that would be a great gimmick for the premiere of season 10, but what if this turns out to be the final season?

On 03/11/2018 at 3:47 PM, 3 is enough said:

So has CBS ever said if they will do one extra episode this season?  If they do 23 episodes they will reach the 200 episode mark. I can see where that would be a great gimmick for the premiere of season 10, but what if this turns out to be the final season?

Hard to say:  there was a list of production starts and end dates for a lot of shows and Blue Bloods was set for April 23rd, 2019 and by my count, that would be the 23 episodes. However Donnie is going on tour with New Kids as of May 2nd, so it wouldn't give him enough time to do rehearsals even with his reduced shooting schedule he's on now.  The show is still doing well on Friday nights, and the DVR numbers are solid so the renewal is a guarantee.  It's up to Tom Selleck if he wants to continue. 

The show was renewed on Friday for season 10!  It seems that Tom signs a yearly deal and that was finalized this week.

As for his lack of walking: crew member told me that he recently had back surgery so he missed a few days.  

BTW what is the episode where Baez tried to drive but Danny moved her to the passenger seat as trying to find it on Netflix? But could not and the one he says he drives all the time with his now deceased wife. Really does he have to be so rude to her? Wished she manned up and told him off from time to time. 

Interesting that Tom wanted to sign for 2 more seasons and CBS said one.  They hit 200 episodes with the season premiere so I have a feeling they want to see how much further ratings will dwindle down before it ends since this is a top international seller.