Type keyword(s) to search

The Curse Of Oak Island - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They found a wall guys.   They found a wall.    That no one has seen before.   CLEAR evidence someone was hiding it.    Which you KNOW means treasure.   Not, you know, someone built a wall in a flood plain and well, flood happened burying the wall.   because these guys have read NO history of Oak Island that does not specifically mention treasure, they, of course, had never heard of it.   Again, just like the root cellar of John Ball.   Who MUST have found treasure, because no way could a black man become rich by hard work and saving.   Nope, had to be treasure.

The 90 foot rock.   Oh where do I start.   First of all, it's a ROCK.   The book bindery would have had to do some damn hard work to remove all the lettering in a very short period of time.   Not enough time has passed between when the rock was last seen and when they "found" it for the lettering to be gone.   Second of all, sure the pirates/Templars/Rosicrucians/Shakespeare went to all that trouble to build elaborate flood tunnels and booby traps to hide the treasure, only to leave a rock that says "Guys, treasure is here, keep digging."   All of this hysteria over treasure on Oak Island is based on the "translation" of that stone.   A translation that has never been independently verified.   One guy claimed to have cracked the "code" and claimed it led to treasure.   No one else has checked the method the guy used or done their own analysis.   Because the rock CONVENIENTLY disappeared and now the lettering is CONVENIENTLY gone.   

At one point do they all admit this is a hoax and nothing is there?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Then I need an explanation of why they spend (probably more than they all earn on this show) so much money on this “hoax”. I think that they really believe that something is buried on the Island. Funny...I was watching it with a newbie last night. Cut to a commercial and then they come back and start going over things again. He said “They just said all that”. After explaining that a lot of this show is redundant he turned the channel to the Jackson-Barret car auction. 20 minutes and done with TCoOI. 

• Love 4
On 11/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, bluepiano said:

It's back!! I was amused that they said they needed to build a new "war room" because of the flood of tourists who were showing up at the original one. Really? Are there that many people now visiting Oak Island? It's such a tiny island, something like six acres, so I'm sure those visitors would be able to find the new location. And because it's so small, it would seem that any amount of visitors would have a major impact.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, pezgirl7 said:

I'm pretty sure they don't let visitors freely roam the island. They have to be part of a tour group. From video I've seen, and photos, they do seem to get a lot tourists on the island.

https://www.oakislandtours.ca/experience.html

The season premiere wasn't too exciting, but they definitely seem to be stepping up their game with more heavy equipment.

Urm.  I don't know if I should admit this or not, but the hubs and I went to Nova Scotia on our honeymoon, and you can bet a bobby dazzler we took a little trip out to Oak Island!!  We weren't fortunate enough to get tickets to one of the tours, but we were able to drive across the causeway and visit the Visitor's Centre, which was actually quite interesting.  The old War Room was only about 20-30 yards from the Visitor's Centre, but not accessible to casual tourists, and we weren't allowed any further onto the island.  We were there in September 2017 (so, while they were still filming the previous season).  We saw some production crew, but none of the main cast.  We were still kind of nerdily excited about the whole thing :)

• Love 10

Taken from the Oak Island tour site,

“It is a fact that a vast amount of work was done at some remote period in an exceedingly well-conceived and efficient manner, in order to conceal and safeguard something of very great value.  Men do not undertake such stupendous works from mere caprice, or force concealment of trifles.

Competent engineers have estimated that it took an army of men, working for at least two years, to make this excavation.  Their work was competently done, defying all later efforts to recover the treasure.”

After  everything we’ve seen or has Been discovered on or around Oak Island, I cannot believe that all of the evidence, circumstantial or not, could possibly point to a hoax as being at the heart of the island’s mystery. Whether a treasure is at that heart is unknown, so much money, so much time being expended upon a wheeze that will come to light only when the instigator is long Dead, really?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lovecat said:

We were still kind of nerdily excited about the whole thing :)

Nothing nerdy about it at all, its genuinely interesting, Was the island / visitor centre free to enter? 

Its sad that the cast are happy to take the tourist $$, but don’t want to be bothered by the great unwashed at the old War Room.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that they really believe that something is buried on the Island.

I wasn't clear.   I don't believe the Laginas are perpetrating a hoax.   They are true believers just like Fred Nolan and Dan Blankenship and everyone else who has dug holes all over that island.    I think who ever made the first claim of treasure was having a wheeze on his neighbors.    He didn't know that 200 years later people would still believe it.

If it took a whole army 2 years (and I need more proof than the Oak Island tourism brochure that it did, like a real scientific peer reviewed paper) then there would be SOME record of it.   An army needs to be fed.   It needs to be clothed.   There would be records of all that sort of thing.   Of course, our Intrepid Treasure Hunters are too busy traveling to France to find Templar connections to do that sort of mundane research.    You dig in the mainland records.   SOMEONE, somewhere noted what the hell was going on.   And if there is nothing from the relevant time period you don't say "Well they hid all the records, PROOF there is treasure on the Island."

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that they really believe that something is buried on the Island.

Rick Lagina does at times say that he is equally interested in discovering the history of Oak Island as he is on actually discovering something valuable, take that with as big a pinch of salt as you like, but there are so many possibilities that the history could well be more important than anything whether actually found or not.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I haven't watched it tonight,but I can just hear Gary going on about finding an old button .  Holy Moly!!! Just look at that there, looks like dirt covered gold button! Except it's probably a brass button,lol.  

Don’t you love his enthusiasm though? I love all their attitudes, whether they’re the ones stumping up the millions to keep up the search or not, I just hope old Dan can stay alive to see the first gold coin hit the sorting tray.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

Rick Lagina does at times say that he is equally interested in discovering the history of Oak Island as he is on actually discovering something valuable, take that with as big a pinch of salt as you like, but there are so many possibilities that the history could well be more important than anything whether actually found or not.

They have had a good life doing the search, digging, exploring, being on tv and being paid to boot. If this is their passion than I am happy for them. 

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, Pingaponga said:

Anyone else wonder if the guy who does the voice-overs gets sick of the dopey questions he continually has to ask? Or answers them the way I do while shouting at my TV? "Could it have been left behind by pirates who robbed the Templars and also stole Marie Antoinette's jewels and decided to bury it all across the ocean on Oak Island???"  Well, yeah, it COULD have been - but odds are strongly against it. 

Well, it's the same narrator who does "Ancient Aliens" (same production company), and on that show he regularly gets to ask even more widely outlandish hypothetical questions.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I feel as though when I am watching this - we go 1 step forward and 2 steps back - like the replay/rehash of previous footage of the Knights Templar theory, the Castle in Domme, Poor Mrs. Whats her name that died, I just want to see new footage 

Ever since this show started it's been 1 step forward and 2 steps backs. Or 2 steps forward and 4 steps back, or 1 forward and 3 back, etc. etc. That's what's maddening about it. They never establish anything conclusively. Every theory remains open, neither proven or disproven, so in reality they're no closer to discovering "the truth" of Oak Island than when they started.

If this was the typical scientific or archaeological expedition, and not a TV show that apparently generates lots of revenue for the History Channel, no doubt its financial backers would've pulled the plug long ago. Despite the wide-eyed excitement of the Oak Island crew over every "discovery" (no matter how trivial or ambiguous), there's been nothing found that would warrant continuing to throw money down the drain. (or should I say, "down the Money Pit.")

All that said, yes, I'm still watching, but with much less interest than in the past. It's become the kind of show I have on the background, and then realize 20 minutes has gone by and I haven't even paid attention.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, bluepiano said:

Well, it's the same narrator who does "Ancient Aliens" (same production company), and on that show he regularly gets to ask even more widely outlandish hypothetical questions.

At some point, maybe the producers will combine these two shows. Ancient aliens buried their treasure on Oak Island. 

About the wood beams with the roman numerals carved into them... if those beams were placed by the original "treasure" depositors, were the wood beams numbered after they were in place on the ground? Or, were the beams numbered before they crossed the oceans? If so, they need to find an Ancient Ikea and search their inventory for Confounding Buried Treasure Kit Article Number: 403.947.50 for the manual. Or, a Medieval Depot?

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

At some point, maybe the producers will combine these two shows. Ancient aliens buried their treasure on Oak Island. 

Actually, that's sort of already happened. Ancient Aliens is full of speculation about the Knights Templar who supposedly acquired, some of their secret knowledge through contact with aliens. Kathleen McGowan, who appeared on Curse of Oak Island as their resident Knights Templar expert prior to Zena Garrison, was an Ancient Aliens regular.

Plus, Ancient Aliens is very big on claims that "star maps" were used by ancient civilizations to plot out the location of various holy sites and monuments. These maps had to have been given to them by aliens, since they display advanced knowledge of the cosmos. So hearing this Johnny Come Lately astrophysicist talk about "star maps" had me doing one very major eye roll. 

Speaking of eye rolls, this week's focus on the "90 foot stone" made me again wonder why pirates (or whoever) would risk life and limb to conceal treasure deep below the island's surface, and then leave a marker that essentially says, "hey you folks trying to find our treasure, keep digging because you're on the right track." Are we to think that people a couple of years ago were plain stupid? Or could the coded inscription say something completely different? Or more likely, could the whole inscribed stone thing be a hoax?

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 3
On 1/16/2019 at 5:32 AM, merylinkid said:

They found a wall guys.   They found a wall.    That no one has seen before.   CLEAR evidence someone was hiding it.    Which you KNOW means treasure.   Not, you know, someone built a wall in a flood plain and well, flood happened burying the wall.   because these guys have read NO history of Oak Island that does not specifically mention treasure, they, of course, had never heard of it.   Again, just like the root cellar of John Ball.   Who MUST have found treasure, because no way could a black man become rich by hard work and saving.   Nope, had to be treasure.

The 90 foot rock.   Oh where do I start.   First of all, it's a ROCK.   The book bindery would have had to do some damn hard work to remove all the lettering in a very short period of time.   Not enough time has passed between when the rock was last seen and when they "found" it for the lettering to be gone.   Second of all, sure the pirates/Templars/Rosicrucians/Shakespeare went to all that trouble to build elaborate flood tunnels and booby traps to hide the treasure, only to leave a rock that says "Guys, treasure is here, keep digging."   All of this hysteria over treasure on Oak Island is based on the "translation" of that stone.   A translation that has never been independently verified.   One guy claimed to have cracked the "code" and claimed it led to treasure.   No one else has checked the method the guy used or done their own analysis.   Because the rock CONVENIENTLY disappeared and now the lettering is CONVENIENTLY gone.   

My first thought on the “wall” was that it’s an old dock.  I haven’t been watching from the beginning, but I wonder whether coastal erosion has affected the outline of the island.  Since people were living on the island in the late 1700’# they could have put up a dock.

But of course it has to be an ancient coffer dam or “something,” one that worked better than 20th and 21st century ones!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

My first thought on the “wall” was that it’s an old dock.  I haven’t been watching from the beginning, but I wonder whether coastal erosion has affected the outline of the island.  Since people were living on the island in the late 1700’# they could have put up a dock.

But of course it has to be an ancient coffer dam or “something,” one that worked better than 20th and 21st century ones!

Ooh a dock.  I didn't think of that.  Makes a ton of sense.  Dock built, coastline chamges, dock now under water and lost to view.  Again records NOT RELATED to treasure hunting might mention said dock.

• Love 3

Just watched the shortened version of episode 2, the age assigned to the brooch found by GD is really interesting, can’t wait for the construction work at Smith’s cove to be completed.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 17/01/2019 at 6:07 PM, TexasTiffany said:

If so, they need to find an Ancient Ikea and search their inventory for Confounding Buried Treasure Kit Article Number: 403.947.50 for the manual

If they dig up a rusty Z shaped Allen key then the games up!

• Love 3
On 1/14/2019 at 1:45 PM, Pingaponga said:

Anyone else wonder if the guy who does the voice-overs gets sick of the dopey questions he continually has to ask? Or answers them the way I do while shouting at my TV? "Could it have been left behind by pirates who robbed the Templars and also stole Marie Antoinette's jewels and decided to bury it all across the ocean on Oak Island???"  Well, yeah, it COULD have been - but odds are strongly against it. 

I have this same thought! 

• Love 4
On January 18, 2019 at 6:32 PM, merylinkid said:

Ooh a dock.  I didn't think of that.  Makes a ton of sense.  Dock built, coastline chamges, dock now under water and lost to view.  Again records NOT RELATED to treasure hunting might mention said dock.

20 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Just watched the shortened version of episode 2, the age assigned to the brooch found by GD is really interesting, can’t wait for the construction work at Smith’s cove to be completed.

I agree about the dock making sense and I'm looking forward to seeing what Smith's Cove has to offer.

I love the narrator!  I'm aware that he does several shows on the History Channel and often repeats the many theories but I don't care.   His voice is mesmerizing.

Edited by AnnA
On 20/01/2019 at 5:01 PM, AnnA said:

I'm aware that he does several shows on the History Channel and often repeats the many theories but I don't care.   His voice is mesmerizing

It is infuriating when they repeat after the break what we’ve just watched, and haven’t forgotten in three minutes what was shown  before the break, yet all the shows do it, at least Oak Island is an interesting show to watch, unlike Deadliest Catch and Ice Rod Truckers, which are the epitome of dull, pointless, cash grabbing programme making.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2

Am I the only one who thought Starman "Scientist" credentials might not be all they said they were.   I mean scientists believe in weird conspiracy theories all the time, but I find it hard to believe that an astrophysicist with all he has supposedly done would be all "hey guys, Oak Island Treasure, totally, just map the stars ITS PROOF."   Oh and Apple Island has never ever been inhabited.    Sure guys.   How about, "we are not aware of any inhabitants based on our research."   But they had to say that because if they found manmade objects it must be TREASURE.  

They found ROMAN NUMERALS on a log and on a rock, they must be connected to each other.    They must be part of a treasure map.   Because that is the ONLY reason Roman numerals were ever used on anything.   

They scanned the 90 foot rock.   Only found the two initials in there.   But without anything more, including any trace of all the symbols allegedly found on the rock when it was at the site, this is definitively the 90 foot rock.    Yep, without a doubt.   Could they at least pretend some scientific skeptism?

The only thing that keeps me going is calling out all the stupidity in real time.   

• Love 5

I do find this stuff fascinating - not enough for me to break out my shovel and start digging in my back yard for ancient relics of pot-tery  ( Gary speak ) I wonder if they will come back with the Lost Dutchman mine one ?  12 years seems like a long time and still come up with not a whole lot of proof.   I feel without the flashbacks/history lesson - this show is all of about 20 minutes with new material

• Love 1

I'm kind of excited in what they're discovering in Smith's Cove. It's something we can see and it's new information. This is more what I thought the first seasons should have been. Digging and finding clues of some sort. This blows away the first seasons when we got several episodes centered around a rusty spike. 

• Love 6

They need to get more shovel ready people in there  to start uncovering the 5 tunnels that flow to 1 and down to the main shaft. Enough with dragging things out while one bloke is down there dicking around with a spoon or whatever little implement he was using. And while they are at it, if they are going to use a water hose, why not use a couple of more and a couple of more pumps to remove the excess water.

• Love 3

(They need to get more shovel ready people in there  to start uncovering the 5 tunnels that flow to 1 and down to the main shaft)

I’m sure they could get a thousand volunteers turning up by the end of the day, I’d even fly over and commit a couple of months just for the craic.There is so much to explore and the season isn’t a long one, there must be unseen people doing the donkey work, if they find something interesting it probably gets buried again for the ‘stars’ to find.

If the channels exist as described, i can’t wait to see them exposed and whether it’s the booby trap, hoax or mundane practical use explanation that gains weight.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

there must be unseen people doing the donkey work, if they find something interesting it probably gets buried again for the ‘stars’ to find.

This is so obvious Stevie Wonder can see it.    When they found the rock with the Roman numerals on it, the grass lifted off cleanly and there was no debris or dirt on the rock.    It had been cleared off before and then lightly recovered to be "found."

• Love 2
22 hours ago, merylinkid said:

When they found the rock with the Roman numerals on it, the grass lifted off cleanly and there was no debris or dirt on the rock.    It had been cleared off before and then lightly recovered to be "found."

As long as the initial discovery is legitimate, who actually gets to ‘find’ an item isn’t a big deal to me, along with all reality TV shows, the actual reality can be quite boring, we all know they have to massage events to make a show that people will not only watch, but be willing to pay to produce. If it was ever proven that items have been planted then I would drop it like a hot turd, but a little slack I’ll certainly give.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:22 AM, merylinkid said:

Am I the only one who thought Starman "Scientist" credentials might not be all they said they were.   

They scanned the 90 foot rock.   Only found the two initials in there.   But without anything more, including any trace of all the symbols allegedly found on the rock when it was at the site, this is definitively the 90 foot rock.    Yep, without a doubt.   Could they at least pretend some scientific skepticism?

As someone who's been interested in UFOs since I was a kid, I can tell you that there are tons of people in that field with exaggerated or even completely false scientific credentials that fall apart as soon as they're closely examined. That's exactly the vibe I got off that dude. It's been amazing to me how someone can make claims like "I worked for NASA" or "I have a top government security clearance" and people will repeat and endorse those claims without ever checking. I think it's a combination of laziness and wanting to believe when someone says stuff you want to hear.

Scientific skepticism is pretty much unheard of on this and many other shows on the History Channel.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:22 AM, merylinkid said:

They found ROMAN NUMERALS on a log and on a rock, they must be connected to each other.    They must be part of a treasure map.   Because that is the ONLY reason Roman numerals were ever used on anything.  

True story. The other day I was walking on a trail near my house and stopped to rest my foot on a rock while I tied my shoe. I noticed that there were some random letters and what might've been Roman numerals pained on the rock. No doubt these are clues to the location of buried treasure, and I will spend years and exhaust my entire financial resources trying to find it. (Well, the last sentence isn't true.)

• Love 5
On 26/01/2019 at 3:29 PM, OoohMaggie said:

If it was ever proven that items have been planted then I would drop it like a hot turd, but a little slack I’ll certainly give.

The recent find seen here in the U.K, the supposed crossbow bolt, has peaked my interest / concern in equal measure. As no expert, it’s condition does seem to be rather good considering it has spent so many years in close proximity to sea water.

A very thin, almost wire like piece of iron with the hint of a tip, is what I might have expected to see from something that had been sitting on a beach for so long, once again as no expert, I’ve excavated items from world wars 1 & 2, some in worse condition than the bolt, it’ll be interesting to see what they say, I hope it all adds up.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1

They found a wharf.   On an island.   Who would have thunk it.   

I love how they go to the archives to look for information on treasure hunters only.   Talk about confirmation bias.   Not general history of Oak Island to see what else anything might be.   Just treasure.   Because it MUST be there.

My husband caught the rerun last night.   He saw the aerial view and said he hadn't realized what they had actually done to the Island.   Yeah, centuries of digging holes all over that Island and using all the heavy equipment have pretty much destroyed that place.

Oh as a funny, we went on a little trip over the weekend.   One place we were turning had a BUNCH of caterpillar equipment on it.   Hubby said "Oak Island team must be in town."   

• Love 2
On 1/18/2019 at 2:38 PM, Mrs peel said:

My first thought on the “wall” was that it’s an old dock.

"A dock?  On Oak Island?  Perhaps left by the Vikings or the Knights Templar?  So their ships could haul treasure?".

Seriously, it looks like you were right, with that boat slip they uncovered on the last show.

What I'm suspicious about are the so called finger drains.  They showed one shot of two rocks together forming a triangle and called that a drain.  But there's been nothing about excavating it further or about finding any sign of the other four drains.  If the drains aren't there, the whole story is likely BS.

"Drains?   On Oak Island?  Could they be part of an ancient booby trap designed to flood the money pit?".

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

"A dock?  On Oak Island?  Perhaps left by the Vikings or the Knights Templar?  So their ships could haul treasure?".

Seriously, it looks like you were right, with that boat slip they uncovered on the last show.

What I'm suspicious about are the so called finger drains.  They showed one shot of two rocks together forming a triangle and called that a drain.  But there's been nothing about excavating it further or about finding any sign of the other four drains.  If the drains aren't there, the whole story is likely BS.

"Drains?   On Oak Island?  Could they be part of an ancient booby trap designed to flood the money pit?".

The finger drains they said they have always been intringued by.    Now granted I don't pay THAT close attention to this show, but I really don't remember any fascination with drains before.    They've been wanting to find them for about 5 minutes now.

24 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

I think I remember interest in the finger drains almost from the beginning, but it's only since they did that massive construction to hold back the sea that they could possibly get to them.

The finger drains or channels, were first mentioned in the very first episode, S1 EP1.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The finger drains they said they have always been intringued by.    Now granted I don't pay THAT close attention to this show, but I really don't remember any fascination with drains before.    They've been wanting to find them for about 5 minutes now.

I have a confession, this is my first season watching this show.  But I guess I picked up bits of it by osmosis or something, because I remember them talking about the drains.  I don't remember them ever talking about excavating them, but they're part of the story.  But what's baffling is they don't seem to have much interest in them now that they've supposedly found one.  Seems to me that if you follow the drain (excavate it), it would lead you directly to the money pit.  

The fact that they haven't further excavated the drain they allegedly found, or looked for further drains, makes me think that what they found isn't a drain after all, but just a happenstance triangular arrangement of rocks.  But hopefully they'll talk more about the drains in the  future.

Getting back to the "It's just a dock" theory, would the "U shaped structure" have some sort of use in a dock?  Like as something to tie boats off to, or to put rowboats on?  I don't really know anything about t he subject, but maybe someone here does?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, rmontro said:

would the "U shaped structure" have some sort of use in a dock? 

U shaped you say?  Well it all fits, that would be a submarine pen, has to be the one Nemo used to repair Nautilus after her encounter with the giant squid. Let’s get ‘Bobby Dazzler’ Drayton down there with his detector, I bet he’ll soon find traces of Nemo’s father’s treasure from India, which is the real reason for the money pit.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, rmontro said:

Did they admit it’s a boat slip?  I missed that.  

On the drains, that triangle looked pretty small to me, and I agree it’s odd they haven’t looked further.  

My dvr taped a bunch of episodes I watched last night, so I’m not sure if the last one I saw, where the huge casing loses its teeth pushing against some hard object and they put a camera down to see what’s going on.  But when the hole filled up with water quickly I just thought there are so many natural ways for water to enter, who needed to create box drains and tunnels?

• Love 1

Last night’s show claims the ‘bolt’ is the tip of a Roman spear, they stated that the earlier the iron the better quality  it will be, and therefore be more resistant to corrosion. Did they say that because of non experts like myself, who are thinking that it shouldn’t be in that condition for where it was found? None the less, if genuine it is another interesting find.

I don’t understand how they can keep ‘just missing’ the voids and chambers they are aiming for, they have accurate scans to work to, so putting the hole in the middle doesn’t seem too hard a task. I don’t buy the theory that they pushed the Chappell vault down into the mud either.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Last night’s show claims the ‘bolt’ is the tip of a Roman spear, they stated that the earlier the iron the better quality  it will be, and therefore be more resistant to corrosion. Did they say that because of non experts like myself, who are thinking that it shouldn’t be in that condition for where it was found? None the less, if genuine it is another interesting find.

I don’t understand how they can keep ‘just missing’ the voids and chambers they are aiming for, they have accurate scans to work to, so putting the hole in the middle doesn’t seem too hard a task. I don’t buy the theory that they pushed the Chappell vault down into the mud either.

On the voids, didn't they eventually say the scans can only show differences in the composition of the ground, and it's an interpretation that there are voids?

I noticed on the "bolt" that while they kept claiming there was a design, they never showed it clearly. Hmmm.... And even if it is Roman, that doesn't mean it was left on the island at that time.  Even the "Templar" cross could have been handed down through the generations and left/lost on the island centuries later.

I keep thinking they could do carbon dating on the dock/boat slip wood.  But then that might be bad for them, since if the trees are less than 200 years old, oops, no Templar or Mason made that dock.  I did like that they finally admitted they knew there was a prior dock at Smith's Cove, so that isn't really an "undiscovered" find.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

In a recent episode they ran a test to see how far off the bore holes missed their mark, because as the drill goes down, it inevitably pitches off to the side when it hits friction. Some were off by quite a few feet.

• Love 2

I think they are missing out on a great opportunity for sponsorship - laundry detergent! They keep digging in the mud in Smith's Cove, and elsewhere, in khakis and light coloured pants. I just look at all the mud on their clothes and am thankful I'm not responsible for getting the stains out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Did anyone notice the cable or wire exposed behind the wooden wall?  Didnt look like a siphon hose or hydraulic hose from the excavator?  (Wharfs and All 1/29)  Friend pointed it out about the 4min. mark.  Did the Templars use power tools if that was an underground electrical wire?

On 01/02/2019 at 7:12 PM, Mrs peel said:

On the voids, didn't they eventually say the scans can only show differences in the composition of the ground, and it's an interpretation that there are voids?

The phrase that Marty Lagina used when asking  about a possible chamber was ‘consistent’, was the anomaly consistent with it being a chamber, the guys from Eagle said yes, it was consistent with it being a chamber, which I suppose is as close as they can get to a definitive answer which wouldn’t leave them open to any sort of legal claim.

• Love 1

More on the wire. Yes i DVR the show. Went back and this "wire" sticks out of the wall of the trench about waist high to Rick.  They had to of seen it. Sure they will discount it as "Searcher" leftovers.  Wonder why they didnt comment on it.