Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

The Curse Of Oak Island

On 5/6/2021 at 8:49 AM, kn51 said:

My god, we did it folks.  We made it through another season!  Let's all take a moment to celebrate this masochistic achievement.

I was fairly surprised in regards to the 700 artifacts.  Not so much they found that much stuff, just for the fact they recorded where they found all of them.  Probably due to the Canadian government clamping down on their procedures.

I always enjoyed the simple items that turn into the find of the century after the small group talks about it for a couple moments.  An ox shoe?  Could these shoes belong to the oxen that hauled the Ark of the Covenant under the direction of the Knights Templar?  And if so, will this clue lead to the Money Pit.

Yeah "masochistic achievement" is right - we all deserve to raise a glass to ourselves and take a good long gulp.  

I guess that this is now showing us exactly how tedious archeology really is.  You watch NOVA and get to see all the exciting stuff without the tedium.   And does anybody else wonder if Rick and Marty actually believed all the Knights Templar and ark of the Covenant stuff?  Those things are a far cry from buried pirate treasure.

Now that "Oak Island" had the season finale,  the "Mystery of Sky Walker Ranch" has started up again.  Same production company, but so far, it's intriguing.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

On 5/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, AnnA said:

I didn't know there was another brother.    I'm guessing Rick and Marty want to employ as many family members as possible.

Coming to your TV screen soon:  Oak Island: The Next Generation

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

On 5/13/2021 at 1:43 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

Coming to your TV screen soon:  Oak Island: The Next Generation

Marty has one living daughter and there are two additional (Gardner) nephews (from their other sister) and two nieces (by their two sisters) that we haven't seen yet.  Alex is already getting grey hairs.

Too bad they didn't engage real scientists earlier in their quest. It only got interesting after Spooner and the geophysicists got involved in the past couple of years.

• Like 5