Type keyword(s) to search

Resurrection seems to be getting away from its original premise

I just saw tonights episode. Now it's becoming a living vs dead type thing. Reminds of Walking Dead where it became not just a zombie vs human, but a human vs human type of thing. There's just so much going on now in Resurrection, from the people trying to get Jacob's dad to invest, to the grandma having the same dream as the Priest's ex, to the secret group of people trying to take everyone down, and a real human catching the virus.

It's getting a bit complex, but I'm worried where they're going to take us with this. Will it be a letdown or will the show just keep getting more and more mysterious? I'm not sure which. It seems to be unpredictable. But I think we need some cohesiveness. The worst thing that can happen is the mystery dies, but the show gets more and more unpredictable in a meaningless fashion. Right now I feel it can go either way.

Yes it is like all the returned have stopped and we are now dealing with a nighttime soap that happens to star people that have come back from the dead. Almost every plot they have introduced this year is just horrible. And Jacob is hardly on this show anymore.  I am not liking it.

Yes it is like all the returned have stopped and we are now dealing with a nighttime soap that happens to star people that have come back from the dead. Almost every plot they have introduced this year is just horrible. And Jacob is hardly on this show anymore.  I am not liking it.

Wait until the mid-season break, and they decide to re-tool the show.

From the producers of 'The Office', 'The Factory' starting Bitchy Grandma.

• Love 2

I used to think this show was very compelling during the first season.  Dead person comes back, family finds out, family and town deal with the confusion.  I liked that simple premise and the fallout from the returned reinserting themselves in the lives of their loved ones.  If they would have stuck to that, I'm sure many more viewers would have stayed with it.  Right now they're trying to do too much.  They aren't even focused on the returned and their families anymore.  I could have watched a few seasons like Season 1.  I'm not feeling the new show at all. 

• Love 4

I'm still enjoying this show, quite a bit actually.  I don't mind the direction it is headed in.  Obviously they couldn't just have people keep returning because that would get old, so now they are dealing with the results of the undead coming back.   I don't mind the factory arc either, because I think the factory may have to do with why people are returning instead of some just some random story line.  I hope the show lasts long enough to see how that pans out. 

For me, the story is moving forward.  Unfortunately, it is almost certain to be cancelled, so I hope that instead of continuing to drag things out, they start to wrap things up.

Edited by Fable
  • Love 2

It would be interesting if they explored things like whether the returned could get licenses/jobs and if they could just get their own places to live.  Didn't they say in the premiere that the only returned people who were allowed to stay in Arcadia if loved ones "claimed them." So, it's almost like they aren't people they are property.

It could be similar to things they did on True Blood with vampire civil rights.

The new hate group seems to me like a retread of the first season episodes when the military was brought in and Sheriff went all "round em up and get rid of them". I don't care for that part of the storyline.

I don't recall they ever really explained why Rachel committed suicide while apparently involved in a relationship with Pastor Tom. However, i get it, it must have been the only way she could escape the boredom. I know that whole storyline "should" be interesting. However, the fact that I cannot stand any of them ruins it for me. On the plus side I am starting to be able to tell the two women apart. 

I hope the whole season is not already filmed, or written for that matter. I would really like to see them tie up something. Unfortunatley I am getting a strong "Under the Dome" vibe each week. Like they just keep tossing crap in without any real  direction. I would love to see them wrap up the whole factory, BG,, Demons, etc. and explain something before this show is cancelled, which I think will likely be before the season ends.

The fact that this show is being pre-empted for two consecutive weeks during November Sweeps speaks volumes. ABC knows this show is dead (no pun intended) and is probably scrambling right now to see what they have on their waiting list to replace it with.